Speaker 1: This episode Keep What's Up? Guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda. Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry. Hello. If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 2: It sure does.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode three, Keep Me Up, and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we talked about it the first time, and it is gonna be super fun, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It sure will be.
Speaker 1: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 4: The Blue Podcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 1: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store timestamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month. And a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: You sure are. We appreciate you guys so so much.
Speaker 1: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching.
Speaker 2: Keepy upy yuppy, Yeah, keepy uppy, keep.
Speaker 1: Up, Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 4: At the beginning of the episode, Louie wakes up and she says, go more into her balloons. But then she looks at them and she says, I mean, go mor in to my last balloon. And then she goes downstairs and she sees Mom dropping Bingo on the couch, and she shows them her last balloon and then she says, fly birdie, and she lets it go and it flies around the room and then it lands on Mom's head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it hits her right in the head. And before she let it go, she was letting it squeak out of the opening, and Bingo said it was saying good morning, Stella. Did Chili seem very thrilled about the balloon hitting her?
Speaker 4: She pretended to be mad about and then asked them if they thought it was funny. After that, she told them that she had a game that they could play, which was keepy Uppy?
Speaker 1: Amanda, What did she tell them about keepy Uppy?
Speaker 2: She told them that they just have to keep the balloon up off the ground.
Speaker 1: Bingo was pretty worried though about what would happen? Did you notice whenever she said it it had like the scary keyboard sound behind her voice?
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't, I didn't catch that.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 3: You think you thick down?
Speaker 1: That kind of reminded me of the classic Scooby Doo episodes back from when we were young, Amanda.
Speaker 2: Don't give away our age.
Speaker 1: Whenever they animated them on chisel with chisels on a stone, pet stop. Anyway, they start playing and it seems like it's going pretty well, but immediately they complained to mom about something. Amanda. What was it?
Speaker 2: They complained that she was making it too hot hard for them because when she would tap to keep the balloon up, it would tend to kind of go a little bit further away than when they tapped it. So she decided to let them play themselves, and she was going to go make some brecky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, breakfast sounds good right now? Do we have pancakes later? No? So much for that.
Speaker 2: I don't have any pancake mix. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The girls settle in and they are doing little short hits and it's made it easy, and Bingo says that she's a keepy uppy expert, Henry. What happens next with their game?
Speaker 4: Blue said that the game started to feel a little too easy, so she asked mom if she could make it hard again, but Mom said that she was too busy.
Speaker 3: And then Dad walked in.
Speaker 1: He acts like he doesn't know what it is they're wanting to do, and he decides he's going to do something else. Stella, what is it?
Speaker 4: He said that he was going to read the newspaper, so he picked up Bingo and held her upside down and pretended to read her like a newspaper.
Speaker 1: So and So is at it again. I love listening to him reading the paper. I thought that was pretty good. That reminds me of exactly the kind of thing I would do to these kids. Honestly, I still would now if they weren't so big. They're too big for me to be picking up and flipping them all around like that.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: In the meanwhile, the balloon goes fly and Stella. Where does it land?
Speaker 3: It lands on top of a glass of orange juice.
Speaker 1: Perfectly balanced. I almost made a dad joke right there, perfectly balanced breakfast anyway, Sorry, Bluey wants to save Bingo from bandit. What happens? Amanda?
Speaker 2: Blue finally gets Bingo away from Dad, and Dad says, oh, so you want to read the paper now, And then he tells Bluie not to do the Sudoku puzzle.
Speaker 1: Something tells me he didn't really need to say that, you know. Bennett does something next that resonates with me because it's just the sort of thing that you and I do, Amanda. And that's when he picks up Bluie and keeps her from doing what she's trying to do, pretending that he's love and honor, saying all of these things about how they grow up so fast.
Speaker 2: Oh, dear Chuck.
Speaker 1: Stella and Henry. Have your mom and I done these sorts of things to you?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like whenever we're dropping you off at school and your mom would yell at you out the window.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of things would you holler at the kids whenever they were walking into school?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I would make sure that there was at least a teacher out there that could hear me, and then I would yell something like, bye, guys, have a great day, I miss you already, I can't wait to see you later.
Speaker 1: Or make good choices. Well, of course we want him to make good choices.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and we do miss them, But it was really more about antagonizing them. It was more about embarrassing them, because that's part of my job as a parent.
Speaker 1: When we would both have fridays off, we would drop them off and be like, see you later, SyRS. Yeah, sorry, anyway, anyway, bandit decides he's going to help the girls with their game, and he turns on a fan and off the balloon goes. And then he'd something that I don't think even I would do. Henry. What does he bring into.
Speaker 3: The house a leaf blower?
Speaker 1: Huh would you do that, Henry? No, not even for a gag. No. It blows into a room where all of their toys are at And what's happening with that, Henry.
Speaker 3: There are a bunch of toys on the floor and they're having a hard time gang through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really causing them problems. And I love that. One of the girls asked this question, is responsible?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, play all innocent bingo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 2: Know who did that.
Speaker 3: He was probably Blooey.
Speaker 2: It was probably both of them.
Speaker 1: Right then, Bandit gives one of the best dad speeches ever. My mind, all these toys are flying around. Sure, I'm making it difficult to keep the Can you imagine how easy this would be if he tidied them all away? Stella, what was Bluey's take on Bandit's whole speech?
Speaker 4: She told him that that was not helpful at all. Right after that, the balloon fell on a tower of blocks, so it did not touch the ground.
Speaker 1: And her claim was that their massive toys save the balloon. Right, yeah, what did Bandit do?
Speaker 3: He turned on the ceiling fan, which knocked the balloon off the tower of blocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not for long, he said. It goes flying outside, and Chili sees it out the window and flips out, Amanda, what's happening here?
Speaker 2: Bandit turned on the fan and made the balloon fly outside and Chili goes after it. Because even though she tells the girls that nothing would happen to the balloon, she didn't explain to them that something could happen to the balloon. If it got outside and got on the grass. If it lands on the grass, it will pop. So Chili is doing her best to try to get to the balloon to keep it up off the ground, and as they're doing that, the girls are hitting it as well, but it ends up going over the fence to their friend Lucky's yard. So the girls yell it Lucky to get it, and he's trying his very best.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, did you guys notice anything about Lucky's voice in this It.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a different character and stuff Lucky good one that I got it.
Speaker 1: I got it. Yeah, it sounded a lot like Rusty later on in later episodes of Bluie.
Speaker 5: I'm playing with me, I'm adopt to go and patrol.
Speaker 1: Isn't that that interesting? That is?
Speaker 2: I didn't catch that. I'll have to go back and see.
Speaker 1: I didn't notice even after watching it several times. I just happened to pick up on it today and I'm not sure why. While Lucky is out there trying to help, the Legend of All Legends makes his first appearance on the show for us anyway, and that is Lucky's dad, Henry.
Speaker 4: What happens Lucky and his dad are running out there hying the balloon, and then they get back into Bluey's yard and Bandit finally comes down to the backyard with the umbrella. He says, looks like there's some rain. The balloon bounces off the umbrella and it touches the.
Speaker 1: Grass, and what happens to it?
Speaker 3: It pops?
Speaker 1: Stella, what ad Bandits say?
Speaker 4: He said that he guess that he made the game a little bit too fun, and then he said that it would be okay because they could just blow up another balloon.
Speaker 1: When they give him the news, he feels kind of bad about it. But the girls got over it pretty quickly, didn't you think.
Speaker 3: Stella, Yeah, they got over it pretty quick.
Speaker 1: They were thinking about how much fun they had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Lucky said over the fence that it was a lot of fun too.
Speaker 1: I like how cool they are with the neighbors like that. That's pretty neat. Chilli says, they might have one last balloon left, Amanda, what's the score on that?
Speaker 2: She did say that they might have one last balloon left, and it was a big blue balloon and that turned out to be Bandit. So the girls pretend to blow him up and then they let him go and he's blowing all around the yard and then he ends up flying into them and knocking them all over and they land in a pile together.
Speaker 1: I love that bandit goes all in on these games when they play. When he ended up in the trampoline and was bouncing off the sides of it and everything and doing the whole the whole time. What a champ man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love how Bandit goes all in when he's playing with the girls like that. It reminds me of us when we were playing with the kids when they were little like that.
Speaker 1: Do you guys remember that? Would Mom and I do those sorts of things with you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys?
Speaker 1: Did Do you miss those days?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Like? Oh? Man? I wish Mom and Dad still acted like that all the time.
Speaker 3: Not really, No, not really.
Speaker 1: At the very end, there was a bird in the tree watching them. What kind of bird? Do you guys think? That was the reason I ask is that it sort of looked like a magpie to me, and it made me think of the episode Curry Swap that's later on in Bluey where the magpie at the park kept bombing people because it was protecting its nest. Oh yeah, And I didn't know if all magpies were a territorial or if it was just that one because it had eggs. I'm not sure. I don't know, but anyway, that was the episode. Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 2: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 1: Can anybody tell us? What did you learn today?
Speaker 2: I learned that it's always fun to make time for your family and your kids and playing fun games.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about you guys?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't really know if there's supposed to be a lesson. I think it might have just been, like, you know, a fun episode. I agree with Mom and Stella here, because yeah, that could have been the lesson, or either coach just been a fun episode without a lesson.
Speaker 2: Which it definitely is a fun episode. Oh, this is one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: If I were going to try to pinpoint a lesson, I think maybe the idea that when a game becomes so easy, it's no longer fun because there's no challenge. That the challenge is part of what makes games and competition exciting, because once it was too easy, the girls were immediately bored. I think the other lesson I learned is that Bandit is the best dad ever, And I think that I must be at least a little bit on the right track, because boy do I act like that guy.
Speaker 2: There are definitely similarities, for sure.
Speaker 1: But also this was just a fun, cute episode. They all made time for each other. They were all having a blast. Bandit tried to turn the whole thing with the playroom being messy into a lesson about if only you had this up, and I think it all really came together like that. Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 2: This was one of my favorite episodes. It's just simple and easy and funny, and I like how they included the neighbors and they just all had fun and it was just cute.
Speaker 4: I thought it was funny how Bandit kept antagonizing them the whole time.
Speaker 1: Is that because it reminded you of when you were young? Yeah, and that you thought I was awesome for doing that to you. Yeah? Good answer, kid, good answer.
Speaker 4: I think this episode is probably one of my favorite. I like how Bandit was playing with them, and I like it how they had the neighbors in there.
Speaker 1: I did really enjoy that. I love seeing Bandit interact with the kids. I love seeing Chili's interaction with Bandit and with the girls as well. And like I said before, Pat is one of my most favorite side characters, Lucky's dad and having him in this episode his voice is great. I love just his personality and the way they always go all in and this sets the tone for that how they get pulled into the Healer's shenanigans and going forward, we know it's just going to escalate from here.
Speaker 2: He was pretty committed to helping too, because I mean he had that morning cup of coffee and having that coffee in his hand did not slow him down trying to go and keep that balloon up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was in it to win it all the way around. This was a super super fun episode. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The how out?
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, everyone has to clap and go whoa, Yeah, all right, that's awesome? Got it? Orray? We say this all the time, but it's so so true. We could not do this show without you, guys, the fans supporting us and sending us emails and comments and five star reviews. It means the world to.
Speaker 2: Us, it really does. We appreciate you guys so much, and we just we love how much you guys love the show, and just thank you for all your reviews and all the emails and everything that you send. We read everything, and we just appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: Let's start on Spotify. We heard from Julia's friend whose user name starts with bakk. We heard from Ray Annabelle zed Quinn, someone whose username is Sparkly Tortoise. We heard from our friend Draven. He's back after a long absence. What's up, Draven. We heard from a hundred million cats Alice, Evy, Hannah, Julia and her sister Marin. They're from Iceland. Oh wow. We heard from our friend Daisy, Emily, Myra Maybury, Brittany, Carly Angel Ellie. She and her mom loved the podcast. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: And we heard from Skippy. He had mentioned the Christmas miniso that we briefly talked about last week, and he said that yes, he likes it and Pat is rad and I said, I like that you use the word rad. Oh my goodness. We got a voice message from Augustia on Instagram.
Speaker 5: Hi, I am Augustia. I love listening to your show and louis my favorite.
Speaker 2: Augustia, thank you so much for sending us your message. It was so great to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much. And guys, I forget Instagram. Lets you do voice messaging right in the app. And the link to our Instagram account is in the show description. We got some emails. We heard from Gideon, Jack, Ralph, and we got a voice message from Aggie and Mark.
Speaker 3: Hello. My name is Zachi and this is my Ralph Mark. I am a Mark six. Mark wants to do your intro.
Speaker 5: Hi, my name is Eric, and with these always is my lovely wife Amanda, my beautiful daughter Stella, and my super handsome son Henry. My favorite episode is Grenny Mabill, Marx is Escape, and my favorite people are Stella and Amanda, Markir, Henry. We love your podcast.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, Mark, you're hired. No, that was a really great introduction. Good job on it. It was so great to hear from both of you. Thank you for sending us a message, and we're so glad that you love the podcast and keep listening.
Speaker 1: Aggie and Mark you guys both picked really really good episodes. I Love Granny Mobile and I Love Escape. Those are both excellent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are definitely definitely good episodes.
Speaker 1: And they sure love you guys. And boy oh boy, that impression of me was spot on.
Speaker 2: It was perfect.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should just start using that at the front of the show. It'd save us some time recording.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your voice message, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you all so much again for your kind words and for supporting the show. We appreciate it so so so much. And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 2: Bye guys, Bye bye,