Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine. The games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on jr R.
Speaker 2: Last Sun, Washington won a wild card game, won a playoff game was two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Here chance to do it with Gonzale from thirty seven to send Washington to the final week. The Washington come.
Speaker 1: Here's isa tt Caway to the defense around.
Speaker 2: I be believe I.
Speaker 4: Have seen it all. Now I even get a divisional thoint. I really every time I said that game, winning your seven up right, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And just like that, the Bucks were joinked out of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Bolt yeah, Zane Gonzalez of the Commander's thirty seven yard field clanged off the right up right went through as time expired. Hey give the Washington Commanders and their rookie quarterback Jaden Daniels credit. I met the guy through for two hundred and sixty eight yards two touchdowns, ran for the critical first down to set up the game winning field goal. The Commanders won their first playoff game since I think it was like two thousand and six. If I recall first time they won a playoff game, and they were if you ask me. They were just more bold than the Bucks were last night. The Bucks had a chance before that game winning field goal. The Bucks were down in Washington Territory. They had a fourth I think it was a fourth and three from the Washington fourteen. They decided to kick a field goal to tie the game. I think they should have gone for it there. They never got the ball back after that. They should have gone for it and then forced Washington to try to score a touchdown to win the game instead of that field goal, which did win the game. But that's the way it goes. The Bucks made some mistakes. Baker Mayfield fumbled down near the goal line that allowed, you know, Washington to score touchdowns. So yeah, it was a disappointing end to the season for the Buccaneers.
Speaker 3: But it was a good season in j Yeah. Yeah. You know a team that has no problem going for it on fourth is the Buffalo bill Oh God, good lord, the Bills. Do you think they could do it?
Speaker 1: You think they could win it all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They could, I'm asking bulldog, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean they absolutely I thought the Broncos might even beat them, but they just absolutely annihilated the Broncos. And yeah, you know, what. I think there are a lot better since their Diva wide receivers Toefon Diggs. They let him go, and now everybody, including Josh Allen, just just seems happier, less on edge, playing more freely. Josh Allen twenty twenty six and seventy two yards. Again, they just blow out the Broncos thirty one to seven. What about the Eagles yesterday? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The Packers? Wow?
Speaker 2: U Saquon Barkley runs for one hundred yards again? Did you guys see Dallas Goddard's touchdown the Eagles tight end where he just stiff armed the Packers DV like three times, just treated him like a rag doll.
Speaker 1: Got her big bitch man. He's similar to like on the toight end side. What what quarterback wise, Josh Allen? Is those guys coming at you? I just cower?
Speaker 2: Yes, Like Brady said during the telecast, it was a gronk like touchdown twenty two to ten. The Eagles beat the Packers.
Speaker 3: Hey, how about how about in the Packers game the dude wearing the Guardian helmets still got a head injury?
Speaker 2: Right? I know, you know, what are you gonna do? What are you gonna do? Saturday's games. Justin Herbert, Wow, he stunk it up. Four interceptions. The Texans beat the Chargers thirty two to twelve. Did you see Derrick Henry the Julie Frights ran on Saturday is great. One hundred and eighty six yards, two tds. The Ravens take care of the Steelers. The Ravens, what did they run for the rushing yardage? They out rushed Pittsburgh two hundred and ninety nine to ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah in that game.
Speaker 2: So they have almost three hundred yards rushing. That's the most ever against the Steelers in a playoff game. I hate to say this, but the Steelers lost five straight to end the season. They haven't won a playoff. I think they've lost six consecutive playoff games. Pittsburgh would never fire Mike Tomlin because I don't think he's ever had a losing record, But I don't think they would mind if he resigned because that franchise has sort of become stagnant, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: I bet you there's some other teams that wouldn't mind having his services. Oh god, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw saying maybe the Steelers and the Cowboys should just trade coaches well and give each of them a new star first start.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, sure, did we miss any of the game? We got got game tonight to finish up.
Speaker 1: Before you guys get there. I could see Tomlin with like a cowboy hat on, you know what I'm saying, Like, Hey boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, game tonight. Who do you like tonight?
Speaker 3: You gotta think Vikings, right, you would.
Speaker 2: Think so, You would think so if you obviously the game is not in La now. Was going to be a home game for the Rams, but because of the wildfires, it got moved to Arizona. So yeah, probably that's probably gonna be All of the Rams had been tough late in the season, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 2: Though. I can't wait for uh college football High State handles Texas Friday night. So we've got an Ohio State Notre Dame National Championship game, all Northern National Championship game that'll be a week from today or a week from tonight.
Speaker 3: So all right, just turn out that was Carson Beck we saw in South Beach last.
Speaker 2: Week, Right, Carson Beck announces he's gonna transfer to Miami when the transfer portal opens again. It's a good get for Miami, although it is a bit risky. I think Carson Beck didn't have a great year for Georgia. Injures his throwing elbow in the SEC Championship game. Has to have surgery on that elbow. Not gonna be able to throw in spring practice. So it's a bit of a risk for Miami. But hey, everybody wanted the guy. So how about the magic. Huho's Pallo's back. But they are still the gritty committee. Good lord. They had eight players available last night and they still beat the Sixers. Still beat the Sixers last night one oh four to ninety nine, again only eight players available. Pallo played well. He had he had thirty four in his return on Friday night. He had he had twenty last night, but he had eight in the final four minutes. Jonathan Isaac came up big last night. Cole Anthony came up big last night. So the magic with Paalo back and better than ever once they start getting healthier, once the Fronz, Hey, he gets back, once Jalen Suggs gets back. I think these injuries are going to be a blessing in disguise because all of these other players are getting some real experience and will be ready to go for the playoff.
Speaker 3: I think a couple days off before their next game at Milwaukee on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I was wondering about what Dog just said. I think those injuries might have been up bladed. You know, get the obliques done ahead of time. Then you go towards towards you know, playoffs, way down the road. But I'm saying, you get some Deke action where you got strong o'bleakues out there, magic can be magical this year. I could feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my lord, sad news, sad news.
Speaker 3: Taco.
Speaker 2: You grew up in Orlando. Let you grew up in South Florida. Yeah, yeah, Taco. You grew up reading Larry Guest in the Orlando Sentinel.
Speaker 3: Oh what happened to him?
Speaker 2: Larry Guest passed away over the weekend longtime Sentinel sports columns. I actually replaced Larry Guests back in two thousand, but he passed away Saturday, age of eighty two. He was a mover and a shaker in the city of Orlando for a long time. I think he was a columnist for like almost thirty years.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dog, you want a little Sentinel history further back, further back than Larry Guest. Do you remember a guy named, uh like Ed Hayes.
Speaker 2: I remember Ed Hayes when I got to the Sentinel. He was writing a column not in the in the news section.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like some old time.
Speaker 2: It was like an old timers reflecting back on the old days of all exactly.
Speaker 1: He was our next door neighbor growing up in winter Park. Really, Ed Hayes. Hayes Days is what they called the segment you're talking about this the article.
Speaker 2: Charlie Reese was a big time influential columnist at the news columns back in the day. I remember that, Uh huh, there you go, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Lightning five to two win yesterday over Pittsburgh and they're in action again against the Bruins on Tuesday. I think we got just about all of that in there, fellas.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Patriots did hire Mike Rabel as their new head coach. That was expected pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Craft Kraft knew that when he parted with Mayo, right right right.
Speaker 2: The Gator basketball team, by the way, continues to win. They beat Calipari at Arkansas over the weekend. They may win the national championship this year.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Bianchy on Overreaction Football Monday. You can find him over on AM seven forty ninety six to nine, a game hosting open mic. If you you want more that big old bulldog bark oh oh Luisin Tako on demand.
Speaker 1: To download the iHeartRadio app Safety