Speaker 1: Welcome to Buns and Banter, a podcast buy work Busties for work Busties. Hey, I'm Lauren and I'm Ali. We're both morning show hosts for iHeartMedia.
Speaker 2: We're both millennials.
Speaker 1: And we're both trying to figure out how to build the lives we dream about, dating, marriage, career, career and being a mom.
Speaker 2: How to get through a week without crying.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Buns and Banter.
Speaker 2: We're glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all.
Speaker 2: Wow, how many blonds does it take to put the water chuck on the water cooler. It's my favorite job though, of my I mean, we don't really have responsibilities and duties here, yeah, but it is. It's my favorite thing to do here is put the water on the thing. Really, I didn't know you did that at least on our floor, not on this floor, you miss.
Speaker 1: We are like, I'm kind of hard breathing because we've got those I don't know who at Gordon Water. Shout out to Gordon.
Speaker 2: Water, Shout out to Gordon Water. Well, I'm sure is nothing as high draded.
Speaker 1: Not aware that the thingy is kind of broken, So we just pulled the giant drum of water onto it to realize that the spagets weren't working, so all of a sudden, the thing just started spewing out water. And we don't like to leave a mess because we're kind. So here we are.
Speaker 2: Dirty sink water because that was a hard piece of water to get that it's not great, which they have told us repeatedly not to drink because they don't know what these pipes are made of. And this is an extremely old building. So we're just we're taking our life in our hands today.
Speaker 1: Goal Wait, theer's crossed. I guess some kind of tapeworm.
Speaker 2: I've never met someone who wants to get cholera as much as you.
Speaker 1: It's not colera now, I'm all I'm nervous about the TV. Make it it's way into Michigan, and I just know my medical anomaly self. I've already I had whooping cough in November if y'all missed it, I am an absolute Laura Ingles Wilder in present day.
Speaker 2: Would you like to know a fun fact about TB tuberculos as I assume we're talking about right.
Speaker 1: Please give me the fun fast.
Speaker 2: So do you know why Adirondack chairs are called Adirondack chairs because they would take TB patients to the Adirondack Mountains when they were sick, and that they would sit them on those chairs outside in the fresh air to recuperate and heal. So aday chairs. I know there's a few pieces of info in there. I miss it so high level. That's the things you learn on buns and banter.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, if that's gonna give me a trip to the mountains where I just have to sit on my ass and breathe, come on into my lung I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean like I don't want the TB, but I'll take the time away.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I feel I just feel very out of sorts today. First we had the water situation. Now we're talking TB, which I just feel like my lungs love inviting a good illness. And I have to tell you real quick because I feel like this is a PSA. If you have bougie appliances. So I have a washer, and this is so new to me because I've never had nice new things like that. H So we have a new washer and dryer. Maybe yours does this if you like it with a really big load, right, I'm trying to get all my clothes done. That's right. Take the innuendo as you will. So I've got a big load in there. And apparently as one does as one does, I do not separate colors that do not do anything adult like that. I'm a glorified child throwing clothes in there. So I was so responsible. I'm like, I'm going to do this tonight. That way i have everything ready for work tomorrow, and I can put things in the dryer and have warm pants for work, which is my favorite. Ooh yeah. Sometime overnight the AI washer decided it was not it was off balance, so it shuts the cycle down and then it's like, hey, and Lizia. So this morning I went to get nice warm pants or put them in the dryer, and it was like, oh, hello, could you just open the lid and redistribute the clothes and the washing cycle will continue.
Speaker 2: We put a man on the moon and our washing machine the moon can't figure out how to recalibrate and reorganize.
Speaker 1: And I'm going on vacation, so I wanted everything clean. So it was everything I own. So today I'm wearing leggings from college. I found a treetops shirt that says, keep Calman, head up north and I put on a scarf. I think this belonged to an old roommate of mine to try and pull the look together.
Speaker 2: You look amazing, So I'm just feeling very off.
Speaker 1: If you're watching YouTube right now, I promise that I probably would wear something like this, but this is really low key for me. This was this was AI's fault. That's what I'm blaming it on.
Speaker 2: You look cute today.
Speaker 1: I feel these like I don't know where I got these, but they go all the way up to like my boobs.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite kinds. Oh, that's my favorite kind.
Speaker 1: No that high?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I feel like I should have like an afghan across my lap and be sitting on the davenport because I'm one hundred and five years old. They're like old man pants. I'm just having I'm having a time today. This is I'm excited we were able to pod because otherwise it's just going nowhere.
Speaker 2: But you're at it for some vacae, some warmer temperatures. Yes, so you know what, you don't even have to worry about leggings or long sleeves or vests or scarfs where you're going.
Speaker 1: That's true. Good for you, Thank you so much. That was absolutely planned. But I'm excited what we're gonna do today because this was all your idea and I think it was a really good one.
Speaker 2: Well, I just you know what tipped me over the edge because I've been following the Blake Lively Justin Baldoni lawsuit woo that pertains to the movie It Ends with Us, which is based off a book written by Colleen Hoover. And we talked about the book, and you have the book, but you didn't read it. I did read you did I've read the book. Yeah, okay, okay, we can get into that in a little bit. But I mean, this is just like so fascinating to me because it has been such a shit show from the very beginning.
Speaker 1: So and the beginning is it feels to me like months and months and months and months ago. And I guess when you talk the press tour, but the legal side of this is only like a few weeks old. Really, it's like mid December.
Speaker 2: And this is going to drag on for years because one of the things that they're really worried about is that this is going to a jury trial. I'll give you a background of the lawsuit here or the several lawsuits here in just a second. But one of the things that I saw today was that they're worried about all of the coverage tainting the jury pool. And I was like, I can't believe that they are going to have a jury trial for this.
Speaker 1: It's wild. And I've never heard a half gag order, which was what So they were in front of a district judge in Manhattan yesterday and at the same time, and I feel like we hear this every time there's a new piece of news. Both sides considered it a victory weird, and I just I agree with you. I don't know how you could possibly sit people that have never heard about this, unless you're talking all boomers.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, my oldest sister texted me last week and she said, Okay, I have I've seen enough of this Justin Baldoni, Blake Lively, shit, now I need someone to sort through it all and explain it to me like I'm five. And I was like, okay, Well, it's it's a lot to keep up with. Yeah, it's day by day updates. So if you're not familiar, here's the background. Justin Baldoni directed and co starred with Blake Lively. This is from Forbes, so I feel like that's pretty credible.
Speaker 1: That's a credible source.
Speaker 2: I tried to look for something that wasn't like the Globe or the Post or like US Weekly or something, but Justin Baldoni directed and co starred with Blake Lively. It Ends with Us, the movie adaptation of Colleen Hoover's best selling book, which was released last August. Now disclaimer, I have not seen the movie. I don't plan to see the movie. Same I have not read the book. I don't plan to read the book.
Speaker 1: You have read the book.
Speaker 2: Rumors of a rift developing between Lively and Baldoni during post production began to emerge around the movie's release so in August, and they were further funeral during the film's press tour when Blake Lively appeared to avoid mention of him in interviews, which was like kind of glaring. Speculation emerged that there were disputes over creative control, and sources told TMC Baldoni had fat shamed her by inquiring about her weight, telling an onset trainer he wanted to avoid injury while lifting her up in the movie. Baldoni and Lively were never photographed together when they were promoting the movie, Rumors of the feud grew, and Baldoni hired Melissa Nathan, a crisis pr manager who represented Johnny Depp, Oh, that's right, in his defamation case against ex wife Amberhard. According to texts published by The New York Times, Nathan suggested plans including quote full social takedowns by creating threads of theories and planting pieces in the media of how horrible Blake is to work with. That was like the beginning of this, and I feel like that's when everybody kind of started rallying around Blake, being like, this guy is a menace. While Lively said the alleged smear campaign had caused severe emotional distress for her and her family. She's married to Ryan Reynolds in case you didn't know, I think they have four kids, three or four, prompting her to back out of hosting the SNL Season fifty premiere.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: See, it's like something's fall through the cracks because there's just so much of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've got like the timeline here, I'm going to run you through it. This starts February. No, this is up until now February third, so this starts months and months and months ago.
Speaker 1: It's it's wild. And I remember the first time doing this in my celeb scoop on my shows was really the New York Times article because we'd heard rumors. But then you had the New York Times article and you're like, oh wow, just like you said, people start rallying all this. Baldoni immediately comes out and he's like, this is not what it seems. Then you start to have co stars from other projects they've worked on that get involved, other Gossip Girl alums that didn't have great things to say.
Speaker 2: And see, that is the social media effect right now. Celebrities are taking a more humanized approach to social media where they're just like us and they talk about stuff that we talk about on social media. So you had all of these celebrities kind of coming to her defense and like rallying around her. But then also you had the ones that were like, I don't know, I haven't had the best experience with her in the past.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. That fuels it. And then you've got the Times article and then what the next big thing is that then she files her lawsuit that was two point fifty two hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and uh, I'm curious. I did not look this up, but I would like to know how much the movie made, because oh, that's a good point I heard. Again, I have not seen the movie, but I have not heard glowing reviews on the quality of the film.
Speaker 1: And this is really you're doing a lovely job, because there was like, did this press tour all wrong? She was like promoting her wardrobe and her hair care products and things like that. There were so many other like tangents off of this stuff. Yeah, every day it was something like that.
Speaker 2: Like around the time of the It Ends with Us premiere, Blake Lively was the subject of intense criticism online targeting how she promoted the film. And we all saw the press tour, right, yeah, we the press tour was a disaster. You could tell that every time she did press about this movie, she was agitated. She was irritated. She was taking it out on the people that were interviewing her. Like it just there was something going on and you could definitely tell, but we didn't know if it was pertaining to the movie retaining to her personal life or possibly something else. The opportune release of her hair care line and other behaviors were like a huge talking point of the things that she was promoting in this film that just seemed like a movie about domestic violence. Yeah, I don't know that this is necessarily your jumping off point for launching your hair care brand.
Speaker 1: And not having seen the movie, but having read the book. I mean, the entire thing is domestic violence. It's not you know, building up to one big moment where she has, you know, clarification about what's going on, and she has this epiphany. The entire thing is about this really serious subject matter.
Speaker 2: And in one promotional video, she encourages the audience to quote, grab your friends, wear your florals, and head out to see the movie, which was pretty instantly criticized because of I mean, first of all, her tone. People were pissed that she was like trying to sort of pass this off as some like feel good girls night out chick flick like no, and then people also claim she was attempting to promote the movie as a light hearted love story, cheapening the serious take on domestic abuse.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was told when I posted that I was reading that book last year. I had multiple women DM me and go, it's really great, but here's your trigger warning. That's how intense the book is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Baldoni took a completely different approach to promoting the movie. He was very serious, like from the beginning, he was very quiet, he was very demure when he was doing press and on carpets, which they never did together. They never did anything together, and Baldoni was praised for how he handled the promotion of the movie. Lively was also criticized for seeming to promote her newly launched hair care line, Blake Brown, off the back of the film. It was later revealed that the two were never supposed to launch at the same time, So what happened there?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Duction delayed caused by the Hollywood strikes in twenty twenty three also pushed the premiere of the movie, and it coincided with the predetermined launch date of the brand. So it just seems like they weren't supposed to launch at the same time, but then the Hollywood strikes, so then they had to launch at the same time. Push the launch back, push the launch back.
Speaker 1: You know what, I mean.
Speaker 2: Lively was also criticized for her reaction to an interviewer in a resurfaced twenty sixteen clip. This is the one that I've seen the most online where this is the how's your bump? Right? Mm hmm, that's that one where the interviewer Blake is pregnant at the time, and the interviewer asks her, Hey, thank you so much for being here, love to see you. How are you and your little bump? And Blake was like, how are you and your little bump.
Speaker 1: And then refused to look at her and address her again for the rest of the interview. It was I think I can't remember who the other woman was. It's not hyper parabo. Somebody different actually did like the entire thing, and Blake just continued to look very irritated. But again then you'll go into the comments and people are like, this is taken out of contexts, this has been edited together, blah blah blah. By the way, the movie grossed over three hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 2: Is that good these days?
Speaker 1: Or I don't know, but two fifty from Blake and then justin now counter swewing for four hundred million. This does not seem like a success.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, because this movie launched in August, I'm just kind of fast forward to December because that's when all of this really started ramping up. So December twentieth, Blake Lively filed a complaint with the California Civil Rights Department, claiming Baldoni invaded her privacy by entering her makeup trailer uninvited while she was undressed, pressuring her to lose weight after giving birth, and a coordinated pr campaign with a crisis firm designed to destroy her reputation. That was December twentieth. The very next day, December twenty first, Baldoni was dropped by his talent agency. Three days later, just number twenty fourth Vital Voices, a nonprofit that focuses on empowering women, rescinded an award it was originally going to give to Justin Baldoni, who has made a career expressing his support of women's stories and co hosted a podcast about masculinity called Man Enough, which his co host pulled out of the same day. YEP. Also December twenty fourth, Baldoni was sued by his ex publicist, Stephanie Jones over an alleged conspiracy to discredit her and steal her clients.
Speaker 1: And that stems I believe from the New York Times article.
Speaker 2: Yes, December thirty first, New Year's Eve, Blake Lively formally files a lawsuit in New York Federal court against Baldoni, his publicist, Wayfarer Studios, and other defendants for retaliating against her for reporting sexual harassment and workplace safety concerns. Also on December thirty first. There's just so much, so like there are multiple things happening every day and every day. I don't know a lot about how that world works, Hollywood in itself, but the legal aspect of things, this stuff is not just reactionary, right, Like you can't just like, Okay, someone filed a lawsuit against me, so I'm going to file a lawsuit back and get that in on the same day. Like this stuff takes a little bit of pre planning, right. So same day December thirty first, New Year's Eve, who knew this was going on? I was like, Oh, I did dad on my couch while this was happening.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Baldoni files a two hundred and fifty million dollar libel lawsuit against The New York Times for reporting on Lively's allegations, accusing the outlet of having coward to the wants and whims of two powerful, quote untouchable Hollywood elites, referring to Blake Lively and her husband ryled Reynolds, Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: And he and then part of that lawsuit was him going and saying, you took text messages edited, where they were hitting, what they were about, how they were given. You didn't publish all of the text messages, so a lot of meaning and context was lost. Right.
Speaker 2: That was one of the interesting things about this was that it was the back and forth and that game of like chicken with the text messages. Like she had him in her suit and he was like, no, release all of them exactly, and.
Speaker 1: She was like.
Speaker 2: Okay, and he was like, yeah, release all of them.
Speaker 1: He is He's been very I feel front and center, like I do have the receipts and I am ready to show all of them.
Speaker 2: So three days later, January third, Friedman tells today he plans to file a lawsuit against Blake Lively after she was subjected to sexually inappropriate behavior by Baldoni on the set of their twenty twenty four film, but wouldn't say exactly what the countersuit would allege, though denied Lively's claims that Baldoni and his team launched a smear campaign against the actress.
Speaker 1: So Friedman is Baldoni's main lawyer.
Speaker 2: Got it ye. January seventh, Friedman appeared on Megan Kelly's YouTube show to discuss Baldoni's plans to sue Lively into oblivion? Did he really use those words? I think so wow? And pushed back on several of the actress's allegations, accusing Lively of not reading the source material for the film, refuting claims that she was sexually harassed, and accusing her of orchestrating her own smear campaign against Baldoni. The interview also included newly released sound from a voice note from Baldoni explaining that he was quote sent to the basement of the film's premiere because Lively didn't want to be anywhere near her or the rest of the cast didn't want him near her. The rest of the cast.
Speaker 1: Have you heard the voice note? It's it's it's wild, he says. I believe. He says he's down and he's down there with friends with family, like an hour and a half yeah, and just sat down there. According to him.
Speaker 2: According to him, so up until now, this is very much and I guess it still is. It's very much like he said, she said, but I felt like the pendulum was very much swinging in her favor and this was going to be another one of those instances where he's not going to get away with this, like it ends no pun intended, but it ends here like this is this is done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then on January eighth, so literally a day later, in an interview with Baldoni's attorney Brian Friedman, TMZ founder Harvey Levin said about the co stars competing accusations about online campaigns to damage one another's reputation. Both sides tried to skew this story. We've been on the recipient end of that. It has happened on both sides in the Blake Lively Justin Baldoni war, both sides.
Speaker 1: Like when you have TMZ acting as the mediator. Oh god.
Speaker 2: Baldoni's lawyer responded by saying, that's good to know. In recent days, the lawyer for Baldoni has denied Blake Lively's allegations that she faced a smear campaign by his PR team, claiming that her team was instead working to smear him. January tenth, Paul fag fig Fag.
Speaker 1: I think it's fig Actually, I think.
Speaker 2: Paul Figue, who directed Lively's upcoming film A simple favor too. Oh they're making another one of them with Anna Kendrick, right, mm hmmm, huh. They didn't really leave that open for a second, and I didn't think anyways. Sorry. He responded to viral rumors about the film that it had been shelved indefinitely partly due to the legal battle, calling it total bs and confirming the film is finished and it is coming out soon. I wonder how that shakes out, because that was January tenth, and it's February now.
Speaker 1: You have not heard anything either about it.
Speaker 2: Also January tenth, Deadline reports Baldoni's former publicist, Stephanie Jones, who had sued the actor in a handful of others defination and breach of contract in December, had issued subpoenas to WhatsApp, signal and website hosts Hostinger and name cheap digital publishing platform any Flip and chat pot chat bought company gab Ai in attempts to discover who may have been behind posts and websites aimed at harming Lively and Baldoni's reputations.
Speaker 1: Just can't trust anything online weird.
Speaker 2: January sixteenth, Baldoni files a federal lawsuit in New York against Lively, her husband Ryan Reynolds, her publicist Leslie Sloane, and the firm Vision pr alleging his co star tormented him, his family, his partners, falsely accusing him of sexual harassment and using him as a scapegoat to dodge the narrative press or the negative press surrounding. He also pushed back on claims he sexually harassed her, instead claiming she calculatingly devised fake stories to destroy his reputation. In Livelihood sees control of the film he was directing and set out to damage his career and Wayfarer Studios quote if they did not bend to her incessant demands.
Speaker 1: WHOA you're still going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, still going?
Speaker 1: I know I haven't said a lot because there's still so much more to cover. I guess.
Speaker 2: January twenty first, Baldoni's legal team countered Lively's claims that he acted inappropriately while filming a slow dance scene for the film by releasing a ten minute video from the set that includes three takes of the same scene, which Baldoni's team says is the entirety of the footage shot for that scene, during which Lively alleged in a lawsuit that Baldoni leaned forward and slowly dragged his lips from her ear and down her neck as he said it smells so good. The footage shows a similar interaction where where Baldoni is seen nuzzling her neck and she says, I'm probably getting spray tan on you, to which he respond it smells good. Lively's team says the footage fully corroborates her account, and any woman who has been inappropriately inappropriately touched in the workplace will recognize miss Lively's discomfort. I haven't seen that video, Baldoni's lawyer said. The footage proves both actors clearly behaved well within the scope of the scene, with mutual respect and professionalism.
Speaker 1: Because then later on you'll fast forward and find his other allegation about the intimacy coordinator and the meetings she's skipped out.
Speaker 2: On January twenty seventh, Daily Mail publishes a nearly seven minute voice note. It says Baldoni sent to Lively at two am during the filming of the movie, in which he allegedly apologizes for not being open enough to script changes that she made, admitting he is a very flawed man, and makes a reference to her breastfeeding her then newborn child. It's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: It's it because I listen. I think I listened to almost the entire seven minutes of it, and I believe what he was discussing is her talking about coming into her dressing room and when she was unclothed and things like that. And he is alleging that she invited him in, that he had told her exactly what he wanted to talk about, and then suddenly that changed for her and put him in this negative light when he was doing everything in his power to make sure that he wasn't making her uncomfortable and was talking about things that needed to happen with the movie as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd another update on January twenty seventh, like multiple things every.
Speaker 1: Day say I've been doing I mean every single day, I was doing this on my shows. It was so absurd.
Speaker 2: Lyman told Lively and Baldoni's lawyers to prepare for a March ninth, twenty twenty sixth, trial date and set a pre trial conference to discuss, among other things, complaints from Lively's teams about the conduct of Baldoni's lawyer. Lively's lawyers have claimed that Friedman, Baldoni's lawyer, is trying to paint potential jurors by creating a website to release communication between the two actors and documents from the set, and accused him of making an endless stream of defamatory and extra judicial media statements. Please make the website. We would love a place where we can get all of this in one.
Speaker 1: So he did. He published it over the weekend this weekend, this past weekend. I believe it's just called like because that was what was a big topic in the court hearing on Monday.
Speaker 2: January twenty ninth. Hollywood Reporter cites unnamed sources in reporting that Baldoni has lost three jobs and hundreds of millions of dollars since Lively first filed the suit against him in December, and that an in the works pac Man movie project he was set to direct is now in jeopardy. January thirtieth, lawyers for Lively and Reynolds set in a letter to Lyneman that they planned to move to dismiss the lawsuit filed against them at a pre trial conference scheduled for Monday February Yesterday, yes February first, Baldoni's team published a website dedicated to supporting his lawsuit against Lively and Reynolds that links to an amended complaint filed on January thirty first. It contains a timeline of the events outlining what he says happened on the set of It Ends with Us, including corresponding text messages, emails, and a statement Baldoni has said he was pressured into releasing by Reynolds and Lively that would have seen him take the blame for quote troubled production of the movie. He refused to put out that statement. In addition, he released a text message exchange with Lively that showed she chose not to meet with an on set intimacy coordinator that he had hired, leaving him to relay uncomfortable information from the meeting on his own.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find the name of the website because it's just so, it's.
Speaker 2: Like February third, this is yesterday. New York Federal Judge Lewis J. Lyman told lawyers for Lively and Baldoni that he would move up the trial date set for March twenty twenty six, if the case continued to be litigated in the press. Lyman ordered both sides to adhere to the New York Roles of Professional Conduct, which stops lawyers from making public comments that have a substantial likelihood of tainting a jury, but stopped short of sanctioning Baldoni's attorney, Brian Friedman, despite claims from Lively's team that he has gotten close to defaming her and has made extra judicial statements about her and her character.
Speaker 1: The lawsuit info dot com he published everything over and so, and now that judge was threatening to move the trial up, it's like, okay, then you guys won't have the time necessary maybe and you'll find a duram. We'll figure this out out it is And all of that went own in like six weeks. Incredible there, And there's so many other things like what he was saying. His wife came out in support of him. He had other people that were showing text messages to them about things like when he was trapped down in this basement at the Red Carpet premiere. Colleen Hoover left Instagram. Yeah, Colleen left Instagram because of all the commentary.
Speaker 2: Because she couldn't handle it. And at first she had been like really really supportive of Blake Lively, and she had come out and said like she was great. She's exactly who we wanted. She was exactly the person you would want to be handling this type of content. And I did think it was a little bit weird that on both sides they had such a complete and succinct record of everything that had happened and when it had happened, Like, is that just like a normal thing people do on movies now to protect themselves, which is just like, why don't you I yeah, I guess I don't work in the business, so I don't know. But I saw online a person speculating that it was Justin Baldoni's wife who had kind of sniffed Blake Lively out right away and said, you need to make sure you'd document everything on this one. It's so, of course, we don't know if that's true.
Speaker 1: Right right. Taylor Swift was mentioned in a lawsuit, even though she was not being sued, that there was some conversation paraphrasing about Blake using her dragons to take him down.
Speaker 2: I don't care how close we are as friends. I would I got a short list of people I would take a bullet for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: But if you were embroiled in a high profile lawsuit and you were speaking about me as if you were Kalisi and I was one of your dragons, I might call you and be like.
Speaker 1: What the not? Not the look? Not the look. Even though I did goes Clacy for Halloween one year, I did have dragons, I would never not in a legal setting.
Speaker 2: I bet they weren't Taylor Swift and Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: No, none at all, not at all. But there's so much there.
Speaker 2: And then it came out that Taylor Swift was allegedly again this is all speculation because Hollywood.
Speaker 1: All speculative and we don't want to get sued, but.
Speaker 2: Was possibly distancing herself from Blake Lively because she felt a little bit used in all of this. And then you know, we have seen Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds together or separately with Taylor Swift at some NFL games, and then all of a sudden, you know they weren't there. Are they invited to this football game we got coming up? Or won't they be there? That's one of the prop bets I saw.
Speaker 1: Oh really, well, that's interesting, And I mean, who even knows what changes when this gets posted? Like right, our pod usually hits on a Friday, we're talking about this, and that could there could still be so much in a couple days.
Speaker 2: So here's the question. You haven't seen the movie. I haven't seen the movie. When there is this much scandal around a movie, does it make you want to go watch it even a little bit?
Speaker 1: It makes me want to watch it less right, It really does. And I think that was an unintentional when you hear this saying no, all press is good press, no such thing as bad press, I very much disagree, because most of the people I know and my friends that we're gonna see it are like, I don't think you could watch it anymore without feeling so cringey about what is happening behind the scenes, especially given the subject matter. If this is a comedy we're talking about, and it's like, oh, the actors are fighting whatever funny movie, not this, not this one, And I have absolutely zero desire. And Netflix keeps trying to serve it to me. You love this, you would love this. I'm like, I don't think I would. Book was enough for me. This is really unfortunate because I think it could could have been a really good movie. It was a good book.
Speaker 2: And I haven't seen Blake Lively. I haven't seen paparazzi photos of her. I haven't seen her photographed out and about everywhere. So maybe she's just kind of chilling at home and like taking some time to ride this out because I'm sure it's overwhelming and I'm sure it's super stressful. But I did see Ryan Reynolds was out the other day and he was like photographed by a bunch of paparazzi like signing, hey, sure's.
Speaker 1: The wit and surprised Hugh Jackman at his think he's doing something on Broadway right now, and isn't that awful, because like I looked at the video and I was like, alhwa's trying so hard to be nice. But you also have been in this industry long enough where you know that it's very important to create a public image, especially one that may have been tainted by whatever is happening. Right I don't know, it's so it sounds terrible and they both have kids too, and you're just like, damn, you're in Google this sooner rather than later, just know everything.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: I always do with celebrities that have kids. I'm like, oh, okay, good luck.
Speaker 2: And it's messy, and it's just like it's the spectacle of the moment right now.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel bad about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the Johnny Depp and Amber heard stuff like everybody was glued to the TV watching that and I couldn't. I couldn't watch the trial because I was like, this is like really sensitive information that they are talking about. This stuff happened. When you're a celebrity like that, you probably have to have such a tight inner circle, like there are maybe a handful of people that you can truly be yourself around, and you would hope that your significant other, the person that you love and for all intents and purposes will spend the rest of your life with, would be one of those people where you can let the mask down right and do and then all of those things, all of those moments that you think are like private and like they won't tell we have an understanding then they're all public and anybody can watch that trial. Yeah, that is just that is my not for me.
Speaker 1: Where's thy marige for you all to realize what I'm actually like? Yes, that.
Speaker 2: Worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: It was a great rundown. Though well done it. I know you researched that it.
Speaker 2: Was all all out of it. I got a shout out to Forbes. There's so much other stuff like surrounding this, and it's like it is so day by day, but it's so confusing and there's so much and that's because there's so much happening every day, there's multiple things happening in the course of twenty four hours. With this, it's hard to keep up. So I wanted to like sift through it for myself, but also so I could tell my sister what was going on, like she was a five year old.
Speaker 1: And once again, just so much money.
Speaker 2: And it's so much it's so much stuff happening, but also nothing's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should be a reporter on this. That's perfectly said. So much is happening and yet.
Speaker 2: And yet nothing. I don't think this has moved forward aside from the like I think one of the biggest developments was the judge setting a trial date March of twenty twenty six. Twenty six, y'all, more than a year away. That's too much. That is too much runway for something else to happen. Number one, It's just it's too much time for PR companies to scheme.
Speaker 1: Ooh good word right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spin or do whatever they need to do.
Speaker 1: It's wild anyway, now that your brain is also melting out of your ears, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like it, Like I feel like this isn't something that I want to take up any brain space with, and yet here we are, but I still don't want to see the movie.
Speaker 1: Nope. Sorry, Netflix,