Speaker 1: Tricia.
Speaker 2: One of her many duties on this show is as well as the you know, she's.
Speaker 1: The people's reporter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she gives you the story we love a few times a day. She also has to share with us the first thing that made her laugh. So picture of this. She's laying in bed and flipping through her phone before getting up for work, and this is what made her laugh.
Speaker 3: Not all of us were made to cook. Some of us were only made to have conversations with the person doing the cooking. That's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the company.
Speaker 4: I'm the company.
Speaker 3: I'm the support, I'm the clean the bowl after you use it, while you're creating the goodness that we're going to eat.
Speaker 2: I had a good laugh in a chuckle on the inside. Notice I didn't say giggle. Our friend, or Tricia's longtime friend, Tasha, stayed the night with us the other night, and she brought some Greek food over and had I don't know, three or four or five different types of dip or dips. And the conversation that you two had, the detail about the dips as I was in the kitchen doing something else, was fascinating. I mean, it was an incredibly detailed discussion and concern and interest in these Greek dips.
Speaker 3: Hikes love details, Sandy iglord, guys are like the brown one, the red one, the green one, and the yellow one.
Speaker 1: Don't say it like we're dumb.
Speaker 3: That's just that's that's all you're interested in. We were trying to figure out what kind of each of the dip was because they were Greek.
Speaker 1: Yeah we knew that is there a hint of pistachio in that it was.
Speaker 3: They were delicious. One of them was this creamy feta with roasted fredge peppers as feta and then the feta sprinkled on top.
Speaker 4: That was the best one.
Speaker 3: We decided the tazikia, if I'm saying that right was second. Then you had your plain old regular hummus. Fine. And then we did not like the eggplant one, the Baba gaboosh whatever was. We talked about it a lot, but we were I couldn't eat it fast enough.
Speaker 2: It was so good, Yeah, it was. We hit a restaurant recently, Mediterranean restaurant. Best French fries ever happened life.
Speaker 3: I mean, the French rice fries were incredible, and I'm kind of considering myself a French fry connoisseur. The French rice were amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they did do him.
Speaker 3: I've thought about them multiple times, like I would go there just to get the French price, an order of French price to go, well, I.
Speaker 2: Might surprise you with some because I'm going to be in that part of town. Maybe I'll zip in there and get a order bag of fries.
Speaker 3: You didn't even have to eat him with ketchup.
Speaker 1: No, they were good.
Speaker 4: They did, but they were magical.
Speaker 1: Not a huge fry fan, but those were really really good.
Speaker 2: Tricia says, what goes around comes around, and it's happening for Justin Bieber that story in just a minute. Quick reminder, I may be the only person in the world that's interested or excited about this, but the Scott Peterson docuseries starts Thursday.
Speaker 1: Night on Peacock.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna watch it just because I'm already a little bit mad about it. I'm mad, slash concerned.
Speaker 2: This is the docuseries that his sister in law's doing that says he didn't do it. Did he kill his wife's pregnant wife? So anyway, that's been twenty years.
Speaker 3: What if we put the wrong First of all, how did he not do it? That's my first thing. That's why I'm mad that they're even giving this attention. But second of all, what if you didn't do it? We put the wrong man in prison. That's why I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: A nightmare.
Speaker 3: There's no way I cannot watch this documentary right.
Speaker 1: So it starts on Thursday. The stories we love, All right.
Speaker 3: This is called karma, I believe. For Justin Bieber, it seems like just yesterday that he was the annoying young punk kid running around causing chaos. Remember the story about him throwing eggs against his neighbors inside of his neighbor's house, and just all that stuff that young kids do as they're growing up. Now he's a thirty year old man yelling at kids for bothering him. He was at the Walder for Story in Beverly Hills last Thursday, waiting for his wife when a bunch of teenage boys who were there for a bar mitzvah were just following him around in a horde, just holding their phones on him, just annoying him. Yes, definitely annoying. They were filming him, yelling at him, following him. He was clearly annoyed, and in the video he's like, you guys, it's enough, just it's enough. Get away for me, it's enough. And I was just like, it's just the next generation coming up behind him doing to him what he did to people. Yeah, but I feel like in that moment when it happens to you for the first time, that you're like, oh, I just think.
Speaker 2: You get to a point where I mean, those kids at some point, if you're justin Bieber, enough is enough of that. He's been cool in the past, yea to young people, but I mean, enough is enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying he deserved it.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I'm wondering if in that moment, when he was the older guy yelling at the punk kids, if there was any connection of I get it, I was those kids at one point.
Speaker 1: You know, he wasn't following anyone around with the camera, but he was egging.
Speaker 3: That was his own version of being annoying, right, yeah, right, yeah, Justine, he's about to be a dad, you know, that is why he's pregnant.
Speaker 4: No, not yet, she's pregnant.
Speaker 1: That will change this life, yes, sure. And if he's protective of his privacy now, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Go all Alec Baldwin on people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always kind of have Alec Baldwin's back on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so did you hear real quick?
Speaker 3: I don't know if we have time about even Mendez and Ryan Gosling took their kids to the Olympics and she got online and praised the NBC cameras for blurring out their children's spaces when they had them on camera, and I was like, yay for yay for the media for that. Yes, that's the correct thing to do.
Speaker 1: Absolutely got to protect the kids. They're kind off. This Andy show is brought to you by our bank. Count on our bank to meet your business or personal financial needs. It's more their services at www dot r dot bank. Remember FDI C Trisia, this whole under consumption core thing that we're going to talk about in just a second, tell you what, guys what it is.
Speaker 2: And the gen z is getting poked fun at for it. Yeah, but it reminded me. Do you just remember a time when there wasn't this ever evolving changing naming of things.
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, there's always like a new name or a new phrase or a new something. Everything's got to have a label.
Speaker 4: Label or a name.
Speaker 1: It's too much, and everything's got to be compartmentalized, and it's instead of just it's a bit frustrating.
Speaker 3: It's frustrating because when you have it implies that you have thought about something and work something out enough that this is the name and.
Speaker 4: This is what it's called.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do you not? Everything can be so easily labeled and figured out.
Speaker 2: Right and putting it by. Some things are just not but and this may fall into that category. It's called under consumption core. And here's what's being said about gen Z is being poked fun at for what they're calling under consumption core.
Speaker 1: And what it is is really being frugal.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen to this girl talk about what she considers living normal.
Speaker 1: But most people are some people don't.
Speaker 5: I have never thought of myself as being an under consumption person. I would actually say I'm an over consumer. But as I see these people's videos, they'll show something and be like, this is all the makeup I have, And this literally is all.
Speaker 4: The makeup I have.
Speaker 3: I only have one pair of tennis shoes. I have I think one, maybe two pairs of genes.
Speaker 5: I think it's less of under consumption and more of just being a normal person. If we could afford it, we probably would all be over consuming to the level that like these celebrities and influencers are.
Speaker 1: Do you see what she's saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has very little, but that finds that to be normal, and it kind of is like I agree with her about the tennis shoe thing.
Speaker 1: Why do you need more than one pair of tennis shoes?
Speaker 3: Well, that's just some people's style and what they collect. To shoe people right, to shoot people.
Speaker 1: But to function you only need one pair?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, to function really only need one one shirt, one pair of pants. I mean, but people don't do that. There's style and people use clothes to express themselves. I do think I think there's an overboard flip side of an over consumption. Like you, some people have a thousand pairs of shoes. I can't imagine anybody would need that many, right, But I think you need more than one or two.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, But there was always like there's an old golfer named Lee Travino and he kind of grew up, he grew up poor and he made it, but he still only has and he always says, I have a pair of black shoes, and I have a pair of brown shoes. Why would I need more than that? Right, it's pretty simple, right, I don't need a whole lot more, but a boy, As a people, as Americans, we are over consumers. Yeah, of stuff with money we buy and we buy it with think money we don't have, right and credit cards.
Speaker 3: I feel like the under consumption is.
Speaker 1: Kind of what do you have too much of? Like, just off the top of your head, what do you think comfy pants? Comfy pants?
Speaker 3: Too many comfy pants? I have a bunch of them. I really only wear like yeah, and I have them because I love them and I want them. There's comfort in knowing that I have another pair if I want to wear them.
Speaker 4: I think it's driven.
Speaker 3: The under consumption is a little bit thrift driven because you know the popularity of thrifting. You know, people are getting rid of all of their stuff, so then instead of going and spending money on brand new stuff, people are going to the thrift store, and that now the excitement is getting good deals on things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I just read that it was kind of a tipping point last week in inflation in that the public has finally stopped paying the high prices, Like they're like, we're not paying that anymore. Right, that's there's some indicator you know that tells them this. But yeah, I mean you got to make a dollar stretch even further now than ever.
Speaker 3: Ifever thrifting is at an all time high. We did it so much on my trip last week that there were thrifting stores everywhere. Landry got like a two hundred dollars pair of Doc Martins. Yeah that had maybe been worn once or twice, and she got them for like sixty two bucks and they're in perfect condition.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean people are just buying and then getting rid of things and getting new stuff and getting rid of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm an experienced thrifter, and I'll tell you this. Hit your thrift shops up that are close to rich neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where the.
Speaker 2: Good stuff is, for sure. So you can find good deals at the thrift store, for sure. Did you buy yourself anything personally?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I had on a pair of Adidas track pants that have a little double white stripe down the side.
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 3: And I found the exact same pair of pants, except instead of it being a double white stripe, it's a double pink stripe. I got them for thirteen dollars scored.
Speaker 1: Didn't that feel good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They looked like brand new.
Speaker 3: I'm like this, like maybe my second thrift purchase ever.
Speaker 1: Can welcome to the col I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean there, I don't know how deep I'm gonna go, but I was very excited.
Speaker 2: Hey, before we get into rapid by our Q and A, I've got to tell everybody something that Terrisia said to our daughter. Our daughter was going out with some friends yesterday afternoon, and before she left, she went to her mom.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what she was talking about, but she goes, does this look good? Goes nope? What was? What was it?
Speaker 4: It was something with her hair?
Speaker 3: Oh, she was She was in a hurry and was doing everything she could could to get out of washing her hair. When if we hadn't argued about her hair, she'd have been able to wash it. Her hair needed to be washed, and she was trying to fix it to make it not look like it needed to be wash.
Speaker 1: Wow, by the way, she's fifteen, Yeah, this has look good mom. Nope.
Speaker 3: I mean if her mom's not going to tell her, who's gonna tell her?
Speaker 1: That's true? True? Protect the kids exactly. All right, wrapid fire Q and a first question.
Speaker 4: All right, Sandy, here it is. You know, I don't know if you know this or not.
Speaker 3: Morgan Wallen has this tradition before he goes out on stage, he has famous people who are in the city he's performing and walk him out on the stage.
Speaker 4: He has walk out people.
Speaker 3: So who would you pick to be your walk out people or person when you were getting ready to perform somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great question. That's a really good question.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go I'm not gonna go with I'm at the Olympics around my mind. Yeah, so I'm gonna go with Snoop. Oh jeez, I'm gonna have Snoop walk me out? And who else can I go?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Can I have that that German track athlete? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Those two, the three of you.
Speaker 1: Or maybe Christina Hendricks.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, you always make it a little dirty, the three of you, Snoop and then this the world's most beautiful athlete in Sandy walking out.
Speaker 4: It's a random trio.
Speaker 1: Be fun though.
Speaker 4: All right, Next.
Speaker 3: Question, Sandy, if you could win anything free for life, what would you want it to be?
Speaker 1: Free for life? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You get this?
Speaker 4: Free for life. What is the item gasoline?
Speaker 3: Ooh, that's a good one. Mine was, of course food related or razor blades.
Speaker 2: But I think I spend more per month on gas than I do on razor blades, So I'm gonna go with gasoline.
Speaker 3: Ah. Right, that's a good You were going to sugar cookies? Was going to be food related? Come on, what is this your first day? Of course it was food related or massages?
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I tell you? I got a massage Trician.
Speaker 2: I went and got a massage a couple of weeks ago, and they tried to put us in the same room.
Speaker 1: We're like, man, no, we're not doing that, and.
Speaker 4: He goes, I don't want to be in the room with her, and.
Speaker 2: I was all true love, But man, I had an hour's a long time.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't. I want to go thirty minutes from now?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? I only did the hour because I knew you you barely can get an hour.
Speaker 4: I didn't normally do an hour and a half every time?
Speaker 1: How do you stay still that one?
Speaker 4: Because you're so relaxed?
Speaker 1: Push? She about pushed me through the table. I was like, damn, lady, my.
Speaker 3: Guy wasn't very good. He was more of just like a rubbery. He wasn't massaging my muscles, he was just rubbing my skin.
Speaker 4: Was hard enough.
Speaker 2: This lady, I thought she was trying to kill me. I thought I might not walk when I get up from this massage.
Speaker 1: Holy crap.
Speaker 4: All right, final question?
Speaker 3: Did you have a nickname in school?
Speaker 4: And if so, how did you get it?
Speaker 2: I've got I had a nickname that I can't say on the radio, but I have one that I can say on the radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, blockhead?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I have a big large Charlie brown head.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so yeah it was blockhead or block oh one of the two. Really it didn't stick after high school. But that was that was it?
Speaker 3: Well, I want to know what your other one was that you can't say dirty is?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, school. I didn't give myself the nickname, but it was well earned.
Speaker 3: Out.
Speaker 2: God, there's a new dating app out there. Just when you thought that all the dating apps have been covered, right right boy? The woman that created Bumble Yeah, where the women do all the choosing, she's a go zillionaire, gazillionaire right from that, she put all the choosing in the women's hands, Yeah, and I get to pick whether or not they go on to do the guys even get to see pictures of girls.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't really know how.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think I've ever been on a dating app.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 3: I mean, not even looked and played on it. Definitely not been somebody on the app trying to find a date.
Speaker 1: But we've had that Rea one that was after we fell in love.
Speaker 4: Ew get uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Would you just swipe the right direction for me if you saw me?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're so unphotographed, photogenic.
Speaker 3: I don't think I will never find a date on a dating app if it's going on photos.
Speaker 1: Ed Tricia takes the worst photos. It's very funny.
Speaker 2: There is a new app that's called Club p Lar and it is for sober people. How interesting is that they say it's a it's a dating app for those who want to avoid or limit alcohol. So they've got five thousand people that are waiting to be a part of Club Polar. They've vet all their members by asking them how much they drink, whether they're completely sober, sober curious, or are recovering alcoholic and there's this Subscriptions here are basic twenty nine to ninety nine a month or two hundred and eighty seven dollars a year, and it gives you five swipes a day, with the option to buy extra swipe bundles.
Speaker 3: Wow, to limit the number of swipes. I wonder if that's a regular thing.
Speaker 1: I wonder.
Speaker 2: Then there's the Premium tier, which is fifty bucks a month four hundred and eighty bucks a year, and you get ten swipes along with that option to buy additional swipe bundles. But they also get access to events where sober daters can mingle in real life. This is a home run for people. I'm just thinking about the person. Maybe they're not a sober person, but they're coming out of a relationship, or we're in a relationship with an alcoholic and they don't want to go down that road again.
Speaker 3: So this is the way to make sure that they're not stepping back into that situation. Makes a lot of sense, Yeah, right, Yeah, No, it definitely does. It's interesting to set up though, that you get a limited number of swipes, unless the whole point of that is you know you're going to want to swipe more than five times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd be selective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Either that or they're like, you know, you want to swipe more than five times, so you're gonna they'll probably you'll probably pay for more swipes, right right.
Speaker 4: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting model. I think they're going to do very well, especially with the waiting list that long. There's a lot of people out there, like, like, I've been sober for eight and a half years, and if I were dating, I would not want to date a person that drank a lot, a lot. I'd be okay with someone that drank, but I want it. I want to be okay with someone that drank like I used to. Oh yeah, you know what I mean. I couldn't do that in a relationship. I wouldn't want to. So this would be a great app to vet those people.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine going on a back on a dating app? Not back on when getting on a dating app?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I would never. It's too much work.
Speaker 4: It is a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. I would put zero effort into dating. When you divorce me, you don't have.
Speaker 4: To worry about always say when, Oh you're.
Speaker 1: Going to I know you're gonna. It's just a matter of when.
Speaker 4: Why do you think I would divorce you? Like, what do you think is going to.
Speaker 2: Be tired of me? It's time to move on to something else. You want to live with your girlfriends, you know, in the townhouse community, right.
Speaker 3: But that's a weird thing because when the girls and I get together and we talk about our Golden Girls compounds.
Speaker 1: You never talk about the guys.
Speaker 3: None of the men are there, and we don't have an explanation as to why. So we're like we'd divorced them, or maybe they died. Guys die before girls, do you know what I mean? Like, we're not we haven't worked out why none of the boys are there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't care if you don't want to know, That's why it's just not in the in the visual. Well again, the name of this app is called Club plar p I L l A R.
Speaker 2: You can check it out. She's Tricia, my wife. For now, I'm Sandy and we've got more coming up. Our bank proudly sponsors to Sandy show make the switch effortlessly by visiting www dot r dot bank member FDIC. Tricia's got some information about the twenty twenty eight Olympics in Los Angeles in just a moment, thanks for being with us. In a reminder that you can have the Sandy Show podcast. Wherever it is you get your podcast, It's available every single day.
Speaker 1: Just search the Andy Show.
Speaker 3: These stories we LA how all right? So with the Paris Games officially closed, the clock has officially begun taking for the twenty twenty eight Summer Games in Los Angeles. The mayor spent time at the Paris Games, and during the closing ceremonies, she said that one of LA's goals will be to have a carless Olympics. Just the question I was asking yesterday, traffic right now is crazy. What are they going to do when the Olympics are there? She says that people who want to attend the various events will have to use public transportation. That LA will be bringing in thousands of buses from neighboring cities and states to help make that happen. The plan is going to cost more than a billion dollars just to run the buses. That compared to the fact that the Paris Games cost a reported ten billion dollars and they all lose.
Speaker 1: Money on this.
Speaker 2: Did you know that they never turn a profit from the Olympics. No one ever has.
Speaker 3: How, I mean all of the people who come in and rent out the hotels and really.
Speaker 1: They overspend on stadiums and things make it amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I also read an article that two specific events that will be in the Summer Olympics next year will not be able to be twenty twenty I'm sorry, twenty twenty eight will not be able to be held in LA because they don't have facilities for him. One of them is like some kayaks slalom something, and the other one is softball. How does only not have a softball arena or a softball stadium for them? So those two events will be held in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 2: What a rip off for those athletes, right, I mean, you don't get the Olympic village experience.
Speaker 1: You don't get the.
Speaker 3: Whole rightball tournament. You're in Oklahoma City, which is softball mecca. True, But but you made it to the Olympics, right. It's not like when Colin jo just hosted surfing from Tahiti. Those guys couldn't be mad that they were in Tahiti.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think about that. I don't know, pick a country that Japanese softball team. Who we're going to where?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay where? I mean, I'm seeing things wrong with Oklahoma City. I'm just saying it's not the center of the Olympics, right, everybody else's Yeah, it's random.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if this Carlos Olympics is going to affect the people that actually live and work in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine. And I talked to yesterday about how those people should just leave.
Speaker 1: I would