Speaker 1: Something you should go time now for something you should know, brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You could put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis Gold ir dot com. Excited a visit right now with Hector Curiel. And we know Hector as a caricature artist. You did an amazing job on the fourth of July. Thank you for being there with us for that.
Speaker 2: By the way, Thank you, John, Thank you for having me on your show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we had you on the program one one other time when you had put out a book about Joe Foss. And that's done very well, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was pretty good. And in fact, I just came from southa gotta our museum Brookins doing a presentation on my book.
Speaker 1: Nice, very nice. And now we're going to talk to you about music. And you shared a song with me a while back. I shared it on Facebook. But now we get to chat a little bit about this. Who all is involved in this? I didn't even know you were a musician, so that's kind of neat. Well.
Speaker 2: The other thing I like to do is just for fun. I had a group band is called Subordersur which is in English would be Taste of the South, mostly because we are from South America and the group and yeah, we we regularly doing performance on the levied the summertime, and we I always think about to make a song about Si Falls because I feel somehow it's I feel like about it's about time. Yeah, I've been following the news how our city is being more in the spotlight, not regularly national news.
Speaker 1: And always hopefully for good things, but sometimes not for good things, I know. So that's why we like this.
Speaker 2: This is a good thing, yes, And I said, well, you know Chicago had a song and other big largest cities in state, so why the Falls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was about time. So what is the name of the song to day?
Speaker 2: The song is called sell Falls in My Heart.
Speaker 1: Falls my Heart. And how many people are involved in the making of the song.
Speaker 2: Well, primarily I end Uh. I did the lyrics and the music and had a tremendous incredible musicians who helped me, Eduardo A. Mendoza and Edwin Colindo. There are professional musicians and they are teaching in the school district as well. Nice, and they held them with the arrangements on the music.
Speaker 1: Very nice. And then all of the singing we hear as you.
Speaker 2: Well, we in the recording and we did on the Augustana University Music department, and for I did available for for my voice or my friend Eduardo he's in the Boys and the sound.
Speaker 1: Oh he's the voice.
Speaker 2: Yes and yeah, but I used to play singing the song as well.
Speaker 1: Very nice. And the song. I'm gonna put a link on our Facebook page so people can see it and share it and do all of this stuff. But it's it's already gotten quite a few views, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're studying gating a kind of tracking, and people started pay attention to the song.
Speaker 1: When did you release this? When did it first come out?
Speaker 2: Almost a month ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's only been a month on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can find on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well, we'll share it again to make it really easy. We'll play a little bit of it here in just a minute as well, and so if people listening or saying, man, I'd like to find that again, We're going to make it easy for people to find it and share and do all those things the band. Do you guys go out and play at places? I know you said you played at the Levet this summer. Do you have other places that you go out and.
Speaker 2: Play primary we play on the le beat Okay, something hard for schedules to get together. I know they are something they do in their old thing and they have other musicians and do something presentations on the local restaurants or places like that.
Speaker 1: Nice and I see everyone in a while. You're doing drawings and there are places where people can go and catch you doing that. Do you have a schedule where how would we know when we're going to just find you on social media.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, primarily social media. I know I'll be on downtowns, gonna be to sun a dance. I think October four, I remember exectly in October sometimes act. Yeah, something related with art and on why this art? You know, like when arts? So they invite me to be part of it.
Speaker 1: So well, we had so many happy people on the fourth of July. You that that brought a really nice thing to the event. And you do things like that quite a bit, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I visual artists. I do in different kind of art from you know, fine art book illustration, cartoony caricatures as well.
Speaker 1: Nice, very nice. So he's a visual artist and he's a musical artist as well. Hector Curial is our guest today and I'm going to play a little bit of the song again. This is called SIUs Falls in my Heart. Yes, and is there name of a band or it's by Hector no by okay, And that means States of the South, taste of the South, all right. And you said you're all from South America? Where at is South? Different places?
Speaker 2: I'm from Perule Alo, Frank is from Colombia, and the other one is from Bolivia.
Speaker 1: Very nice. And here's a little taste of the song. It's called Sue Falls in my hearties w pas, I want to leave me, I want to be.
Speaker 2: Sup Ball.
Speaker 1: He's my cdele eat a heart of a small down Dot's w soup ball against Sue Falls in my Heart. And Hector Curiel is the the gentleman that has written that song. And if you want to find it on social media so you can play the whole thing and share it with friends, I'll I'll make it easy to find out. Put a link at Facebook dot com, slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News. Hector, thank you again for coming in.
Speaker 2: Thank you John, I appreciate you having me today again.
Speaker 1: Hector Curiel and the song suit falls in My Heart Again. I've got a link at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News.
Speaker 2: Hey, Something you should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldira dot com