Speaker 1: All right, quit epic with I show you're gonna ruin it. Get except simmer Sweet pursuing it, toddled out Shawn Shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a gope status Howard starting to get rattic, shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit tune.
Speaker 2: End zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on hang out with her friends, rocking on the ladyo, my moiskin his head talking on the ladio.
Speaker 4: It's time to do this. Wal begin.
Speaker 3: All and we go kt to the streaming up in.
Speaker 1: All up on the radio.
Speaker 5: Hot diggity, damn it. It's a Tuesday on the Eagle. Thank you for listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. We appreciate you making us a part of your daily routine. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by Jeff skin Wade, Kevin k T. Turner, and Christina Little Baby corn Bread Ray k Ray Ray Ray, and we're all hands on deck today, excited to be here.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Skin and I are old. We're old dudes. We've known each other since eighty two. If that tells you anything, you're old gosh sold from Richardson.
Speaker 2: What is our generation?
Speaker 6: That's us?
Speaker 5: That's what we're gen X. Yeah, we're gen X and that's audio of our souls.
Speaker 6: We I am f.
Speaker 2: Nice place to sit. My kids make me more time.
Speaker 5: And the young people on our show are KT and Christina. Now you guys are millennials, right, I am you too.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: I love nothing more than going home and sitting down right.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's kind of a weird millennial though. Okay, she knits, right, that's true.
Speaker 7: And I read a lot.
Speaker 4: She knits, she reads a lot, but she thrashes a guitar and her Nirvana cover band. She's awesome. Yeah, you're a what is that called a she's autistic?
Speaker 5: Autistic? Oh you're saying I said autistic. You can't peg her down. You can't say she's this or that. Yeah, she's a wild card.
Speaker 2: She could peg you and say you are a true millennial. Right, would you peg him? Christina?
Speaker 7: I'll go out when I get paid to go out, Like went my concerts, right, I get paid for those, Okay, and they are really really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, old peg thing you're talking about that's more of a Baby boomers thing.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of secret. They're not open about it. Okay, it's a steely Dan song.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you guys are the young people on our show. You'll you are millennials. And I read this in the Ringer. It said, twenty five years into the twenty first century, the millennials heyday is in the books. Now it's time to determine which person, place, event, or even behavioral tick best encapsulates the generation. And they have a bracket. So we're gonna fly through this. Okay, can I throw something out there? I think best encapsulates the millennial. Yes, bitching about the other generations leaving them without opportunities thoughts.
Speaker 2: I think that is the key millennial trait.
Speaker 7: I think there's a lot of people our age who actually got a lot of money from their parents and who were babied by their parents a lot. So I wouldn't say we complained.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think every generation complains about the generations before them.
Speaker 2: That's fair, that's pretty true.
Speaker 5: I do think that the millennials we work with are super unique too, because they're incredibly hard working and laid back and right. Yeah, not y'all have good y'all have good work, because one of the knocks on millennials is they're like, I'm here, let me have everything I want. Okay, now there's that, but there's also so the knock on on our generation gen X was that we were cynical and that we were slackers. Like that's what was tagged on us. Yeah, they were pegged, we were tagged z right right. Yeah, But I would I would also say that there is this fear or anks or anxiety amongst the millennials. It's like the whole house buying thing that both of you guys went through.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, so when are the boomers going to die and leave us something? In fact, there's a whole SNL parody about that, millennials complaining that the boomers have everything and won't give it out right, Okay, So this is the bracket, all right, this is the cringe region. The number one seed versus number sixteen seed. Skinny jeans versus no show socks.
Speaker 2: No show socks, both of those.
Speaker 4: I'm no show socks guy, by the way, Till the Day I die match up. The eight seed versus nine seed, MySpace versus Disney adults.
Speaker 2: I'm not a Disney yet.
Speaker 7: It's a Disney adult.
Speaker 5: I think it's like people in their twenties and thirties that are still super stoked.
Speaker 2: Like I've got some friends.
Speaker 5: There are family musicians called the Grays and they do a whole Christmas music special based on Disney.
Speaker 7: So okay, I thought it was some like streaming platform or something. I love Disney still. Oh, it's like one of those.
Speaker 5: Disney oltz is like porn, right, I'll just mention the match up and you tell me if any if you just jump in if it, if it means anything to you guys. BuzzFeed versus Maclamore's text apology to Kendrick.
Speaker 4: I'm not even aware of the text apology to Kindred Girls versus Denver, Portland or Austin.
Speaker 2: The HBO show. Yeah, never watched it.
Speaker 5: I was telling you guys the other day. I think it's a good show. The whole Portland, Austin, Denver thing is great. It's like, which is which of those cities? Would you you know? It's the whole hippie city.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing that people discuss them this discussion?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like those are cities where they do the whole keep it weird vibe, same slogan, the ringers not speaking to me. Okay, more of a Grantlin guy. All right, student loan debt or Glee? I still have student loan debt, so it is weird.
Speaker 2: Glee went on tour. That's a weird thing that happened.
Speaker 4: Are you guys aware of what's happening with student loan debt? Is it about to get They're making legislation to garnish your wages if you have student loan debt.
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a backlash to the po The previous administration was going to like let you off the hook. So the new administration is like, no, We're gonna garnish your wages. I've only heard the term garnish your wages from Alan Thick. All right, I only heard it in Fleck Fletch. All Right, we can't have our wages being now, can we? We are young by Fun.
Speaker 4: That's the worst song ever created versus band Fun Garden State.
Speaker 7: We're gonna pick Garden State because.
Speaker 5: By the way, the lead the lead guy in Fun was dating Lena Dunham when they won their Grammy for that song.
Speaker 2: All Right, The Office or Netflix and chill.
Speaker 4: Two things I love doing go into the office, watching the office, just having a random meeting at the office.
Speaker 7: Our generation is obsessed with the office.
Speaker 5: And the interesting thing about this matchup is the Office got New Life on Netflix. Yeah, okay, Harry Potter fandom versus dubstep Christina.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Harry Potter all the way. Two things, yeah, dad, stuff, you have to go out and do right. No, it's like a style of music. Here's some more. This is That was the cringe bracket. This is the away message region.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 5: Aol Instant messenger versus Livestrong bracelets. Yeah, the Olsen Twins versus Tony Hawk's pro Skater two.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I learned so many songs on.
Speaker 5: That Emo versus quitting Facebook but not Instagram.
Speaker 7: I mean we didn't even have in have Instagram.
Speaker 5: That's right, weird, no, no, no, But what the whole point is that you guys are now leaving your heyday, so you were adults with Instagram.
Speaker 4: Speaking of blogging versus adulting, I did love to blog Zanga shout out quoting Anchorman versus Tender quoting Anchorman All Day, Motorola rasor versus Donald Glover.
Speaker 2: Mimennials do love Donald Glover for good reason. He's a bad ass.
Speaker 5: Absolutely hashtag no filter versus Hayho music.
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 4: Alminears oh jesus, Oh yeah, yeah, stop music, you know like that.
Speaker 5: There's the crow Nut region, the Obama Hope poster versus I p A's that's great.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 4: Williamsburg versus Chipotle. Why did you say somewhere Chipotle? Chipotle? Chotle?
Speaker 5: Man, I have to if I go to Chipotle, whatever you called it, I have to have I got to make sure that there's a bathroom in between my car and the front door of Chipotle.
Speaker 2: Really, it's instant. It's like my wife goes.
Speaker 5: I guess that's just too much healthy fiber for you to possibly comprehend in your diet.
Speaker 2: What are you're putting on there? Those Mike names though?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Original recipe for Loco versus Cereal four of us were a big deal, but I never messed around with it.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was alcohol and energy drink alcohol, energy drink, and man we had a lot of those in college.
Speaker 2: Okay. I did listen to the first season of the serial podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, the two thousand and eight financial crisis versus Urban Outfitters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I the love urban outfitters did the two thousand and eight financial crisis impact. You guys were babies, didn't own anything, all right, our parents talking about, yeah, finishing out this region, mean girls, open floor plans, bacon girl talk, never owning a home, vine, avocado toast and kale I love Vine. Okay, the old eight second video app Oh, here we go the TRL region.
Speaker 2: You're ready for this?
Speaker 5: Okay, mister bright side by the Killers going back and forth between liking and hating and Hathaway's Urban strange.
Speaker 2: That is strange. I never had any problem with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mg M T versus Vampire Weekend of course, the old Kanye versus college humor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Old Kanye still stands attest the time. He like to have that back and whatever he is now. Yeah, super Bad versus the Carter three.
Speaker 2: Hello, Wayne, guys, so Superman for sure. Britney Spears versus going out Tops. I don't know what that means. Okay, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 5: I take the Carter thr the sound of the iPod wheel versus crank that by Soldier Boys, Lime Wire versus Lebron James. Sorry, Lebron, give me LimeWire Sexy Vampires versus Josh Schwartz's TV shows. Hell yeah, by the way, the next generation gen Z after you guys. They all worship Lebron, probably more than y'all do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my sister is obsessed with him.
Speaker 2: My son wants to fight me over Lebron.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh, he loves him.
Speaker 5: I mean he loves He can recite every stat every accomplishment he's standing. He's not even his favorite player, like he likes Anthony Edwards. But dude, if you say anything to smirch the great Lebron, He's like.
Speaker 2: You're a pump?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is? I just he I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. When you disrespect Dirk, Yeah, thank you. You're dead to me right right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, show him that video of him and Dwayne Wade making fun of Dirk and then tell him to get the hell out of your house.
Speaker 2: I think my son likes Dwayne Wade.
Speaker 5: He was going to get a d Wade jersey just to spite me. O. God, I respect that. You got to rebel against your dad. Yes, all right, coming up next? Uh in just over three minutes Things skin Weight is Tracking. We're gonna take a skin man. We have even more stuff on Bill Belichick. We need to get to Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Track another edition of Things skin is Tracking. All right.
Speaker 5: I saw this this morning and it grabbed my attention for one big reason, which I'll read you directly out of the article. You guys know Front Office Sports, right, No, yes, Front Office Sports works for them. Yeah, our buddy or works front off of Sports, and they mostly do articles like could be Business of Sports, you know, things like that.
Speaker 2: Oh my bad, I know that. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: Here's the headline, Bill Belichick's seven step plan crisis PR experts on his way back.
Speaker 2: What okay? Oh no, I was so amazed by this headline.
Speaker 5: I immediately had to start reading it, all right, and then I read the second paragraph and it made me want to read it for you word for word, and there's something that's going to make Ben's head perk up. So it's basically the idea is that what he did with sixty minutes or the CBS News whatever that was was so disastrous that they talked to PR crisis experts to get their take on it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: They put together seven steps that he needs to do. Okay, but before I do that, I want to read you this paragraphic just word for word, because it may take up the whole segment. Belichick can't under the brand damage from the Cringey interview that was supposed to promote his new book, The Art of Winning Lessons from My Life in Football.
Speaker 2: X players like Ted.
Speaker 4: Johnson are already saying he might not be fit to coach at unc Oh my god, that thing.
Speaker 2: It's a low. Let's reread it.
Speaker 5: X players like Ted Johnson are already saying he may not be fit to coach at North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Teddy three rings Johnson, get out of the way.
Speaker 10: Here's a chance for me to insert myself in a big media story. I've almost been forgotten.
Speaker 2: We could or couldn't get into the seven Steps. I don't care.
Speaker 5: I think it's more interesting to talk about Ted Johnson, who played for Belichick and then worked for our former program director Gavin Spittle in Houston, and Ben tell the story, tell the super Bowl story. Yeah, so you know, as you as you know about our show. We like doing bits and making fun of our industry, and we do fake shows. And one of the ones we did was we created a character name a show called Bacon and Bronson, and one is the small co host who is enamored by the pro athlete. No one else's opinions matter but a pro athlete, like, you're not even fit to comment on sports unless you were a former pro. You shouldn't be alive unless you were a former pro. And he is co hosting a show with the guy Teddy three Rings Bronson, which is brought to Teddy three Rings John the same guy.
Speaker 10: It's just a guy who's like, I'm gonna tell you that. You know, we were running a four to three. Now I realize you guys are idiots. You never played the game. That means four down linemen and three linebackers. Now let me blow your mind. I know it's hard for you to follow. There's also a three four that's with four linebackers. Okay, now, you're not smart enough to keep up with this. You never played the game. Your pencil, that geek.
Speaker 5: And so that it was the show between those two idiots, and so anyways, it was it was not Teddy, it was Tommy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And our program director was like, oh, oh, Teddy has heard the impression and he loves it. We're like, we're broadcasting next to them at the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So at the super Bowl immediate radio row, there's just fifty radio stations from all over the country crammed into one room, so you're right next to Chicago and New York and LA and everybody's in the same room, side by side. So we're right there with Houston and urpds Like, Hey, go over there and do the Teddy three rings, you know, Tommy three rings.
Speaker 4: Bronson impersonation to Teddy. He loves it, And I'm like, really, I don't know. He's a jacked up, raging steroids a dude, like his neck is as big as most people's like torso, yeah, you know and so and he just looks furious. And I look over there and he's seething. He's looking at me like he's a lion in a cage and I'm a honeybaggd hand. He wants nothing more than to murder me. And I'm like, I'm not going to go over there and do a bit with him. Hey, go imitate him to his space.
Speaker 2: Who's the worst advice I ever got? I didn't. That guy's eyes followed me everywhere I went in that room that whole week.
Speaker 5: Well, the way I would like to wrap this segment up right quick is, would you mind, as Tommy three Rings Bronson, giving your opinion on the pr damage that Bill Belichick has done to himself.
Speaker 10: No, it's a guy like guys that never played the game don't know what it takes to have a hot girl, right Like, it doesn't matter, get the girl.
Speaker 2: If she's hot, you get the girl. You would know you've never got a girl.
Speaker 10: All right, it doesn't matter if you're seventy and you're dating a twenty four year old. Good on you, Good on you, coach. I like your coaching shorts. Let's go ready break.
Speaker 2: Guys that you get segment. I'd like to replay that in a five o'clock yard.
Speaker 5: All right, it is the Ben and Skin Show on ninety seven point one the Eagle. Coming up next, we got a Hollywood shuffle and we have a hot take on sinners from tizzhol Stick around for that next right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Juicy news. Hot gods come stay up top in the Hot Show.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I don't want to oversaturate our audience with sinners talk the movie, But Beaus been talked about it yesterday and I was like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to see it's not great, not gonna give you anything. Way, let me say that movie's great. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: And I've been yesterday said that movie's great. So we're sitting here, two guys on the show are going, this movie is great. You guys gonna see it is on your radar.
Speaker 7: I would love to go see it, but I'm probably gonna wait until it's streaming.
Speaker 2: I think there's in the theaters. Out of business.
Speaker 7: Christiana No, I was just there for the Zeppelin documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she earned it for the month. I think I'll probably see it as soon as I see rust. Did you guys not hear Tom Cruise asking you to go?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know I usually immediately do the opposite of whatever he asked. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 7: I probably will be in the theaters to see A Mission Impossible too, That last Mission Impossible?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: That is gonna be really good. It's the series finale of all seventeen movies. I got to see all of them first to fully understand what's happening. Yeah, right, what has happened to Ethan Hunt?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But it's the final reckoning though. Oh so here's the situation. Watched the movie and then I was walking out to my car after seeing the movie and I thought of something. And it was an old question because I had a bad question about the movie. But there's an old question every buddy, Chris Arnold, I want a question. He's somebody he said, and the time he said that the monkey from the Planet of the Apes movie from probably ten years ago should seriously be nominated for.
Speaker 2: Best Actor because it was such a great performance, wasn't it. Cgi.
Speaker 5: I'm not real sure that wasn't a real monkey. It was an animated monkey or some computer was.
Speaker 4: But there was an actor who was like, yeah, dressed up in a green suit, Yeah, makes it facial expression, voiced it, you know, you know all right. The point is it was one of those questions that made me think yep. So as I walked out of the movie, I had a thought, and I know this is good because Ben without even but before I'd even said it, Ben is like, oh, I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: So in this movie, Michael B.
Speaker 4: Jordan plays the character of Smoke, and he also plays the character of a guy named Stack. Smoke Stack the smoke Stack, the Smokes, the Smokestack Brothers, not cousins, the Smokestack Brothers, the twins. And as I was walking on the movie, I was like, Okay, so does Michael B. Jordan get to be nominated twice for Best Actor?
Speaker 2: Or is he in?
Speaker 4: Is he a possibility? Is he a candidate if you're voting on the Academy Awards. He's playing two characters. I think there's precedent for this. What I could be wrong?
Speaker 2: Kramer versus Kramer. No, there was a husband and wife.
Speaker 5: Oh, and that was a great Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman and it was the pre eminent movie about.
Speaker 2: Divorce in the early eighties.
Speaker 7: Okaymarent Trapp or Lindsay Lohan could have been nominated twice.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, though, what was it? There was a show where they were twin cousin and what was that? Remember that premise? It was Patty Duke. Patty Duke was on a show where she played twin cousins, which is the dumbest premise of all twins.
Speaker 2: Look it up, Patty Duke Show.
Speaker 5: Patty Duke played twin cousins on Something No but I believe and I could be wrong on this. The movie adaptation, didn't Nicholas Cage play two versions? Yes, and didn't he get nominated for I think one of them? I think for one of the characters.
Speaker 2: I think because that's the whole whole thing.
Speaker 4: He is legitimately two different characters, and their storylines are different, they go off in different places, the performance is vastly different.
Speaker 5: Kind of okay, so they are they are twins, and they're supposed to. It's a pretty deep movie. You could watch it and just enjoy it on a surface level, or you can really get lost in all the Easter eggs. But it's you know, there's this blues guitarist, this idea of the guy that sells his soul to the double the Robert Johnson character. Yes, that's that's that's what it is, and sounds of how and so it's the two twin brothers are supposed to represent a good angel on one shoulder and a bad angel on another. Okay, so one wears red and one wears blue, and they're totally different. One is impulsive and always getting into trouble. The other one is trying to make good decisions. And but they're you know, they represent the choice you have to make. And it's like the whole movie is like, okay, voodoo, there's voodoo, and then the white man has forced Christianity on all of these recently freed black slaves, and it's like, what is what the hell is happening in the South.
Speaker 2: And through all of that in a vampire movie.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you. I thought the whole time I thought it was a vampire.
Speaker 2: Absolutely vampire mark.
Speaker 5: But there's this whole idea of the Gothic South, and this is we just talked about this the other day because we're talking about Alan Ball. What was that vampire show on HBO that we took Cowboys Safety? No, no, no, he's the guy that rode American Beauty and six Feet Under. And the next show he did for HBO is that vampire show and the Blood, and that is based on an Rice and and Rice is a writer that specializes in vampires in the Gothic South, Okay, the American South. So it sounds like that's what we're laying all out here, because you know that New Orleans area and where voodoo and all that is, that's a mixture of different cultures. There's been a lot of really good movies about all that. Bro, you you're I think you would dig this. There's some I do want to say. It's the idea that through music, there's voodoo magic tied into music. Music has this ability to hire into different ages and generations on Earth, and so there's I don't want to ruin it for anybody, but there's this one point where a song is being performed and it's so good that suddenly there's ghosts from the past are there jamming and and and.
Speaker 2: Goes from the future as well. Do you guys know, God, we gotta should we carry that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The DeAngelo's second record, Voodoo. No one listen knows what that is? No, no, no, this was big.
Speaker 5: D'Angelo came from a Pentecostal family, okay, And there's this long history within the Black Church of the idea of whether you're gonna do secular non secular music, and whether or not you're gonna make the choice to make the devil's music. That's what this is, what's about, what's the whole thing? Credit and Dangelo's second record was called Voodoo. Yeah, I mean there there's like a really cool long history.
Speaker 2: It's deep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you would dig it, you would know, you would know more than most of us, all.
Speaker 2: Right, because you got to hear this new intro just over three minutes away.
Speaker 5: We're gonna hear KT's new intro for Rangers talk coming up in just over three minutes.
Speaker 2: Ye yep.
Speaker 5: I'm very excited at the top of the hour because we have food news, and anytime there's food news, I'm stoked. We will definitely get to that. But man, it's been teased, it's been talked about. Right now it's time for this. Yeah, it's time Rangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow wo it is baseball season.
Speaker 4: No, yep, it's a baseball time in Texas, you might say, yeah, okay, So this is very strange.
Speaker 2: The Rangers hired for the first time ever in Bruce Bochie's career. He's their old manager.
Speaker 4: If you didn't know, they fired a coach, like it's never happened with him ever in his career. He's like the oldest guy. And they hired a podcaster to be the new hitting coach. Oh my god, did they hire Rogan? They didn't hire Joe Rogan. They didn't hire theo vaugh they didn't hire the lady from Cereal. Okay, this is Brett Boone. Brett Boone just played for the Mariners, A little short guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jose Conteko accused him of taking steroids back in like the two thousands, although they never crossed paths, like you can go look it up. Apparently the research has been done, like I don't know, and Teko claimed his book that Boone told him he was doing steroids and then like you look it up and they're like, there's never a path where they were in the same place at the same time.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man can.
Speaker 5: Seco's really credible, I know, yeah, but I do think everyone was taking steroids pretty much every player.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you his player except Ben Greeve.
Speaker 4: Well, Michael Young wasn't right. He had an extra end. And this the reason up pulled this as two reasons. Ay, the Rangers new hitting coach is on a podcast breaking the news to everyone that he's been hired as a new hitting coach.
Speaker 2: B how it happened.
Speaker 6: And actually the.
Speaker 4: Third thing is why Dirt Novitzky really needs to be involved with the Mavericks still, Okay, the idea that he is not. You will find out in about ten or fifteen seconds why it's important that guys like Dirk are involved in the organization still moving forward.
Speaker 2: This completely came out of left field.
Speaker 6: It started.
Speaker 2: I went up to USC, my alma mater. I threw out a first pitch.
Speaker 11: I ran into an old buddy of mine, Michael Young, and he's with the Texas Rangers, and we just started talking and you know, we had a ten minute conversation, gave each other a hug. I said, give see why which is Chris Young, my new boss, the president of the Rangers.
Speaker 2: And and obviously the skipper Bruce Bochie's who is this?
Speaker 11: I played under in two thousand, but we've become you know, I've been have a really good friendship with him for a lot of years. And I get home and and the phones are gonna It's Bruce Bochie. And the first thing I thought is this is weird. So I answered the phone as I do, and I said, Bruce, I now can't get enough. You want to come back on the podcast because we've had Bruce on quite a few times. And he said, now, Boonie, Uh, it's a different call, and he kind of ran it by me and uh, he said, why don't you think about it? And you know, I talked to my wife, and I talked to the people you know close to me, and and it didn't take long. I definitely I don't know that I ever considered myself a hitting coach or a coach in any capacity. I you know, managing seems intriguing to me. But if there's a guy to get back on the field, Bruce Bochie's number one.
Speaker 6: On my list.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there you go.
Speaker 5: So they're taking outside the box here they are. There are two things I think I think it is thinking outside the box. I think it's a just like this is a good idea and we need And I think Chris Young is an impatient person, and I think he is like, no, this is bs.
Speaker 2: We've signed all these contracts, let's go. We're going now. Time is of the ess. And I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you know, you've got this opportunity where you have de Grohm and he is arguably the best pitcher in baseball. He's in the and your whole staff is pitching. You're pitching. That's the hardest thing for you to get. It's always been the hardest thing to get in Texas. And you have it and you're blowing it because now you can't hit well. Here's the other issue. If he doesn't do well, we're gonna be like, why do you hire a podcast? Or my god, Yeah, that's some thinking.
Speaker 4: He said some things about he's not like analytics guy, like he's going to come in and learn from these other guys. And the Rangers have a structure that two or three other hitting coaches are involved there. This is almost say John Daniels will be criticized for a lot of things, but he too, like Chris Young, and Chris Young learned a lot from John Nails was aggressive and always made people mad that Matt Garza never worked out. Here Ryan him throwing names from ten plus years ago. I get it right, but they always at the trade deadline, made big trades to go for it, to effing go for it, and it didn't work out. Many times it did not work out. But Chris Young learned a lot of this from John Can. I think that's important to know.
Speaker 5: I would like to end this segment with one final thought. Kat mentioned the guy with the acts to grind. You hear that phrase, You never hear the girl with the ass to grind? Right, you know what I'm saying, which it seems like that's sexist not to say that.
Speaker 2: I agree. Yep, oh there it.
Speaker 6: Is all right.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the intro, and thank you for the Rangers talk Kevin Turner, thank you, man Vindicati. Coming to that intro again to get out of here here. It is the Rangers into the brand new Rangers intro approved by iHeart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's top Texas Rangers. Yep. There is incredible organ work. It's fantastic. That's right. Weet some food news, damn straight, we do hell yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So last month, McDonald's rolled out its first permanent menu adam in four years. You know, they've been doing like the limited time bit like most places do. But McDonald's launched the mccrispy strips last month and they're like, hey, permanent ain't going nowhere. Come get you a mc crispy strip. Okay, I don't think i've had that. Is that just chicken fingers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, the chicken strip. So they were like, hey, our customers have made it clear they want more chicken.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: Keep in mind, last week McDonald's announced that they had a four percent drop in sales, their worst quarterly report since COVID.
Speaker 5: So curious about that. I saw that report, and I'm wondering, is there more competition now than there used to be?
Speaker 2: Could that be it?
Speaker 5: You know, and you start thinking about chicken. Of all, they they're all trying to dive into chicken. Imagine how much how much share of the marketplace that canes and lanes and places like that, right, And I think the the biggest problem for McDonald's in regards to this and that reporter that just came out. They get their chicken liquid from China.
Speaker 2: Oh liquid, Yeah, and so now there's like the biggest the biggest tariff is on China.
Speaker 5: So that's really going to screw them when they pour their chicken liquid into that mix to try to turn it into a finger Chinese chicken liquid. I can get over that as soon as I taste a delicious nugget though, as long as the nugget's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wendy's down one percent. But they launched their new Cajun spiced chicken sandwich taco bell.
Speaker 2: They they were like, hey, we're using.
Speaker 4: Aprile to bring back our chicken nuggets, and they declared they want to be the go to destination for Crispy Chicken.
Speaker 5: They can't be that, they won't be that, and I don't think they can play outside their lane. Nobody goes there for breakfast. Nobody's don't going there for chicken. You know what, I'm worried for them too, because they get their bean liquid from China, and I don't know if you guys saw the tarraf Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, Mexican Chinese bean liquid is so good now Taco Bell so it sells jump nine percent.
Speaker 4: In the first quarter, boosted by not only these chicken nuggets, but also extra cheese on the bean burto No, the steak and caeso crunch wrap sliders.
Speaker 2: Is that good Christina?
Speaker 6: I have not.
Speaker 7: I don't think I've had that or tried, so whatever.
Speaker 2: The point is now that in this article they mentioned the cost of these things. In March.
Speaker 4: Okay, chicken costs were up one percent, pork was up three percent, beef up nine percent. Cheaper, yeah, to get chicken than beef. And they're all claiming we're just doing chicken because everyone else is with chicken there and our all our customers want chicken when it's.
Speaker 2: Eight percent cheaper to get it, That's why they're doing it.
Speaker 5: You see everybody trying to copy Chick fil a sandwiches too, Right, you go to McDonald's, they've got Yeah, basically the Chick fil a sandwich.
Speaker 2: This is not that, isn't it. It's fune. This could be also the impact of the eat more chicken thing that those cow have been doing for decades.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is funny though, whenever you're like walking around at an arena and you see a cow from Chick fil A and it's all happy and holding a sign.
Speaker 4: Now, if you're the guy who is the editor of a magazine called Restaurant Business, you're probably a smart fella, right, I know, Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Fart smeller.
Speaker 4: Of course, this guy has a theory, and I would just like to be the fly swatter here at this opinion. This guy says, again, Restaurant Business magazine very important. He says, it might just be that people want chicken more. Chicken is a finger food, and people love dipping sauces as well. You're expanding your flavor profile while also keeping the complexity low. Now, let me pull out the fly swatter and swat this opinion out to Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Fries get dipped into dipping sauces. It's not the dipping sauces. It's the actual routine, daddy. Hold on, hold on, hold on, I understand what you're saying here.
Speaker 5: We are fries have a much smaller selection of normal dipping sauces just by routine. I'm not you can dip a fry anything you want, but my point being is people are accustomed to dipping fries and either ranch or ketchup. You can dip it in anything, but they've been trained to do that, Whereas very rarely, whenever you go to get a nugget from somewhere, they have six damn sauces to choose.
Speaker 2: You can get any sauce you want at any of these places.
Speaker 4: Now, I know, I know this guy is saying that it's the sauces are the reason chicken sales are up.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's a bad reason.
Speaker 7: I think it's because they're bite size, right, That's why sliders are so bad.
Speaker 2: He's saying people like dipping food. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: People do like dipping food, but I don't think that would be the reason that the chicken is surging.
Speaker 4: A part of his opinion chicken is a finger food. You're also fingerfood, a hamburger you eat with your hands.
Speaker 2: No, no, the shade.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like it's probably because you're eating. You're driving most of the time.
Speaker 6: To hand.
Speaker 2: Are you doing with your hands?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but the listeners what you're doing with your hands grabbing chicken?
Speaker 2: Finger food? Yeah, a burger.
Speaker 7: It's harder to eat with.
Speaker 2: Hold on, no, with no, you will prove yourself wrong. Tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I would like for you to bring in a cheeseburger and those little buckets of dipping sauce, and we'll watch you dip your cheeseburgers into sauce.
Speaker 4: It be the fries, said, it's the thing, that's the that's what we're just talking about.
Speaker 5: The chicken, But the fries come with all the stuff. He said, the chicken is a dipping food, and you said, no. One else is a hamburger? You hold it with your hand.
Speaker 2: You said, a chicken is a finger food.
Speaker 4: The whole reason, that's what his opinion out there is because fries are also.
Speaker 5: That I think you got called for a foul when you went to block his shot. Yeah, because then you said, you know what else is a finger food? Is a hamburger? And what No, Kevin, it's not. That's why three people said, no, Kevin, it's not let's.
Speaker 2: Just find out what's on on in the NBA playoffs then out here, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Coming up next, we'll go around sports and uh we'll get this back on the track. Coming up next for the Boston Celtics and dipping food, stick around and find out. Uh, he's the best thing about DFW Radio, Kevin Turner, ladies Joe.
Speaker 2: The best, the best. I wouldn't know.
Speaker 10: He just looked over at me. Performative art for one person. He just looked over at me, like what gibs just for me? And then he starts cracking up laughing.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh, coming up next to around the Sports. Now it's cool around the sports, katun queints.
Speaker 9: Has all the sports.
Speaker 2: No you don't.
Speaker 5: I've got it today, KT, because I want a basketball nerd out.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys sat around and actually watched basketball last night. Uh, you probably saw the highlights. But let me say I had every intention last night of starting the studio, and the basketball was too good good.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're aware of this, but this is this close.
Speaker 5: The Celtics got up twenty and Jalen Brunson led them back and just danced. I mean he danced at the Fleet Center, put on a show, and they brought him back and they won in overtime. And I was watching Jalen Brunson, Ben and thinking about what you brought up the other day. What if they had said, all right, we're gonna build around Jalen Brunson, and what could they have gotten for Luka Doncic back then?
Speaker 2: In what shape would the Mavericks have been in? Now?
Speaker 5: It's there's pain around every corner for a MAVs in right now. And at least Luca's out of the playoffs. That's a that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they had done that.
Speaker 4: I mean cause you just hear what it would take to get Giannis. Yeah, you hear about these packages.
Speaker 5: And and by the way, you could have gotten even in the off season, you could have gotten Jalen Brunson at like twenty five a year, which is right now. I mean, you can make an argument right now that he's the best end of game player in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the best closes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And dude, he was pretty good defensively on Tatum as well, and he was never The Celtics settled a lot. They were shooting a lot of jumpers. Did you see how many Okay, in the third quarter, did you see this? Yeah, they had twenty shots from the field. Nineteen of them were three point attempts. Yeah, they were shooting a lot of threes, and they were shooting them early in the shot clock two, which is they were settling.
Speaker 2: It's like they didn't dig that game.
Speaker 5: Very seriously, no, and uh, it's it's highly entertaining because now you have the Knicks up on the Celtics and we'll get to the Oklahoma City game and just one second. But again, my daughter's boyfriend asked me last night about Jalen Brunson and he was like, does that, you know, hurt you And I'm like, no, what hurts me is that they didn't get anything for him. But nobody in the NBA thought Jalen Brunson was this other than his dad. And if you want proof of that, show me how many teams offered him a contract in free agency. There was one. It was the New York Knicks, and they got him at about ten million dollars below market value. And they got him because they believed in him in a way that nobody else did. And you give Jalen bruntson credit for turning himself into that player. Second round pick, second round pick. All right, did you guys see the end of the Oklahoma City Denver game? Yes, yes, it was unbelievable. I can't I still can't believe Denver won that game, Dude, I could not believe they won that game. And Jokicic had a forty point, twenty rebound, five assist game. He had a little bit more than that. Only five guys have ever done that in playoff history, or actually four, three guys have done it. One guy did it twice. Wilt Chamberline. It turned it on with thirteen seconds left. Did you really because that just gotten back from centers. They were down, They were down ten or twelve about halfway through the fourth and just grinded their way back. And we can talk about the way that Oklahoma City managed that. Did that strike you one way or the other with them fouling so early, making guys shoot free throws?
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, they're like, hey, let's see if they can win it at the line.
Speaker 5: That was and then they lost because their own guys couldn't keep up with the pressure and Chad Holmgren missed too. And I couldn't believe Russell Westbrook in his building or his old building. I thought for sure he was going to take it himself. He made the right reading when Aaron Gordon shot that was like, what are you doing? And then it went in because all he needed too, dude, he's and Westbrook's played so well, and the whole talker and their team was, oh my god, their coach kisses his ass too much.
Speaker 2: Have you seen? Do you know who their coach is?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Adalman? Right right?
Speaker 5: He is not a commanding presence, right, I mean, I'm very impressive. He's coaching an NBA team right now. It's like a guy wandered in from the accounting department.
Speaker 2: All right, there you have it. There's around the sports coming up next.
Speaker 5: We got music news, we got the Today Game, we got wildlife news, we got a weekly weekday update, a celebrity siding at a local barbecue spot. It's all coming your way on the world famous Ben and Skin Show right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle.
Speaker 12: Well, he's got like a fake sitar in there.
Speaker 2: I love it so good. All right, CNN has some audio.
Speaker 4: There's a there's a neighborhood in Florida that's been taken over and ravaged by peacocks.
Speaker 2: But they have a solution.
Speaker 13: A Florida suburb is preventing peacock pregnancies by giving the colorful birds the sectimes. Peacocks typically known that their color and beauty, are also known in this Miami suburb as a nuisance climbing roofs, fighting each other and screaming at all hours of the night.
Speaker 2: And they keep reproducing.
Speaker 13: Local exotic animal vet Don Harris came up with a program to slow the growing bird population by giving the male peacocks for sectames.
Speaker 14: When I go in and inspect them internally, there is absolutely no scarring, no infection, no irritation, inflammation, nothing. This is as benign a procedure as we could possibly.
Speaker 13: Hope for so thin his team is operated on almost four hundred male peacocks. They've had no complications.
Speaker 14: The vad's actomy merely disconnects the testicle from the rest of the reproductive track. We don't remove the testicle, so we don't eliminate any of the secondary sex characteristics. He retains his beauty, he retains his tail, he retains his dominance.
Speaker 4: That guy is saying that the male. There's always a dominant one. That guy's climing that the male is always the dominant one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Times have change, sir, Really, not with peacocks.
Speaker 7: Not in bird culture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you looking for reverse peacock. No, I'm just saying there's nothing with me.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it's I think it's a little presumptuous to be like these males they get their dominance back, because that's the way it's always been.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, I'll say this. This is why I'm on board. What's the name of the scientist, Dan Harris, I'm on board. I'm on board with Dan Harris. The main reason, the main reason I'm on board with him is that I've done a lot of studying in the sexual activities of peacocks. The balls are never in play. Really, Yeah, they're neglected. They're neglected and they're an afterthought and the peacock does not care. So if this is going to shrink the peacock population in Florida, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think there's any losers here. Yeah, this doctor runs through peacocks like Bunnie Blue.
Speaker 7: So the only the only loser is the peacock who thinks he's still functioning down there.
Speaker 2: And he's not. He's still he's still he's still got it, he still is.
Speaker 7: But nothing's happening, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it still happens, but there's just no sperm.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Did you whatever theock they are winning, then, did.
Speaker 2: You say whatever the peacocks use for sperm? Yeah, it could be different from them, right. Did you guys understand Ben's reference? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, it's the gall who took on like one hundred guys and then those hundred guys took on a gorilla. Okay, is incredible work.
Speaker 2: Did you guys think peacocks are smart?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, that's why they peacock. Where's a little word?
Speaker 13: One resident of Pine Chris is the peacocks have overtaken other birds native to the area.
Speaker 2: I know it's really hard for it to understand for people who don't live here how annoying they are.
Speaker 7: But when I was growing up, there were no peacocks. You know, we have we are. The neighborhoods were full of herons, blue herons and ibises.
Speaker 13: Not only is the noise of problem for residents, the peacocks can be aggressive.
Speaker 2: If they feel threatened.
Speaker 14: A male will fight for his territory, even to the extent of attacking his own reflection in a car.
Speaker 4: These idiots, So can you never see that the video that went viral of the guy that was so drunk he was an old man at a bar and he starts fighting his reflection like that, so good didn't Can you play the beginning of that audio?
Speaker 5: Did did the peacock drop a bunch of books? I don't understand what that sound was.
Speaker 13: The peacocks can be aggressive if they feel threatened.
Speaker 4: I it's that al hit the window again, so that we just learned that they stared themselves in the reflection of a car and try to fight each other.
Speaker 2: They're dumb. Listen to this next guy.
Speaker 14: Though, even to the extent of attacking his own reflection in a car door.
Speaker 2: They're very smart.
Speaker 4: So if they're not smart, very smart, they see something that they don't like, they're not going to come near you.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: If you're a peacock, though, you're probably trying to schedule that miseectomy around like Planet Earth or something or I don't know what their favorite sports.
Speaker 5: Do One more thing, quickly play the very beginning of this because five seconds into this, this Lady play the Lady.
Speaker 13: A Florida suburb is preventing Pico pregnancy stop.
Speaker 5: I thought that was AI like her. I know it's not, but like her cadence, and was like, oh, it's an AI report. Why she talk funny?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: There you have it with a mute on it. There's wildlife news, the wildlife news, all right. Coming up next in the weekly Weekday Update, we have a celebrity signing at a barbecue spot right here in DFW. Now in less than four minutes, we're gonna tell you what celebrity it was, Which celebrity and which barbecue joint.
Speaker 2: That's in less than four minutes. Don't go anywhere, but.
Speaker 5: I love when we go into the wayback machine, go and revisit a special moment and Ben in skin show history and KT has something dialed up here coming up in about twenty minutes that I think y'all are going to love. If you've never heard the Sports Inferno, now's a great time to get acquainted with it. Stick around coming up here in about twenty minutes. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day featuring Veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you about a celebrity siding in a second.
Speaker 4: Austin City Limits has announced their headliners for the festival.
Speaker 2: Having music festivals are two weeks now.
Speaker 6: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: It's weird. Sometimes the same band will play at both weekends. It makes it not special. I think when there's two, there should just be one. They're making money. So did you guys see that they're pulling back on south By Southwest? So it made me think that maybe they were going to pull back on a c L.
Speaker 2: But I guess not. What was the noise you made? Christina?
Speaker 7: I was excited because I know one of the headliners for a CEO.
Speaker 2: Will you recreate that noise?
Speaker 7: I'm trying to remember mm hmmm, right, really or I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 2: I thought you made a peacock noise. No I heard it, guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of your the one you were excited about, Sabriena Carpenter, No one of your head like, Oh, she's everywhere.
Speaker 2: She is and she needs.
Speaker 7: Because she's everywhere. And I'm like, dude, I couldn't name one song by her. I don't care.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 2: She's short, you know, and she is tiny.
Speaker 5: She's like, since uh yeah, since Jelly rolls a big fat guy and she's tiny, she.
Speaker 2: Could just be donut hole. You can't put a whole?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 2: Why? Because they're playing to everyone?
Speaker 5: Why the implication Kate Busch thing? Oh, Courtney left th Bush open for a hole?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean who joke series hole open for Kate Bush? Okay, are you gonna put corn in there too?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 2: It was on the Chafts soundtrack. Let Hiner have his joke series Hosier Hoosier. I'll go see him. No, you won't ows your cat? Okay, I'm not a cat. I'm more interested in how's your cat?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: I get simultaneously? Okay, everywhere sells out places everywhere. I'm not going to tell you I don't get it because I kind of do get it.
Speaker 2: Luke Combs, I don't get it. That's Skins guy. Which one is?
Speaker 6: You do like him?
Speaker 2: I sing one of his songs? He got that Big Black that's yeah.
Speaker 7: Luke Combs, hold on ye.
Speaker 2: Yes, He's like, what's the song? Ask Cold Beer? Never Broke My Heart? He performs great Red solo cup Yeah him in concert.
Speaker 7: Forgot.
Speaker 5: He's great and our friend that sometimes gets the tickets is just too frugal. We were way too far away.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't want to go to a concert if I'm just sitting I know, dude, and the sound sucks at at and D Stadium. Anyways, I'd rather just put together a Spotify playlist.
Speaker 4: Luke Combs, but watch out twenty twenty six music prediction for me Lonnie Brushes and get ready for him the Strokes headline.
Speaker 7: That's what I made the sound for.
Speaker 2: How long did you work on that joke? What the Lonnie Brushes?
Speaker 4: It happened within the fifteen seconds span. That's like all of them, uh, Christina, So say that again. Let's see we can get the original noise.
Speaker 2: Ummm okay, what try to say this?
Speaker 4: Strokes originals? Oh the certain Strokes, yuse Okay, it's way different. That's wrestling, Christina, Christina. And now my question of the year, who is John Summitt? Because that guy is headlining and I've never heard of him. John Summitt, Yeah, Mountain climber. John Summitt is an electronic music DJ.
Speaker 2: Was put one DJ? Do you wear a helmet? The rapper, Doci will be there. Doci's awesome, She's dope.
Speaker 4: Damn get some cage the Elephant t paint. You could go on and on down the list, although thousand bands, you know, but just rapping over that one Gordier song is kind of weird.
Speaker 7: Gordier not his name.
Speaker 2: It's guilt. You turned him into Gordon Keith. Did I put on the gorgon?
Speaker 7: Sounded like it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 4: A celebrity siding weirdly in Trophy Club. You don't hear this much. A celebrity siding in Trophy Club at Hutchins.
Speaker 2: Barbecue, r J Choppy? It's not r J Chopp. Oh shoot, I saw this.
Speaker 4: You probably haven't seen her much lately because I don't really know what she's been up to here.
Speaker 7: I thought it was a man.
Speaker 2: He saw a guy at Hutchins the other day. I can't remember who from Yellowstone, Harrison Ford. Which one was it?
Speaker 7: Sam? What's his name?
Speaker 2: Sam Elliott?
Speaker 7: Yes, Sam Elliott.
Speaker 4: There's a hope to earn any gaze in there. He will not meet you at the sausage, mister Elliott.
Speaker 6: Hell, no.
Speaker 4: Skin what someone someone buckled Someone buckled him down for a minute Emmy Rassam.
Speaker 5: Oh dad, is she is going to Trophy Club because she is a damn trophy dude?
Speaker 2: His chin launched him up six feet in the air.
Speaker 5: Man, I just broke my pelvis bone. O Sophia Virgara, Like god, she is a hero?
Speaker 2: Uh not real short. She was doing, you know, just having food. Wait when was this? She might be listening right now.
Speaker 5: Emmy, get at me late last week at skin Wade on Instagram.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be and she's like, hold on, someone write that down. What did he say?
Speaker 6: Skim Wade.
Speaker 2: Some guy responded to an email the other day and said, well, skim.
Speaker 4: You know, miammi rawsom fun fact I say every time she comes up, do you guys.
Speaker 5: Know now you remember the Counting Crows guy up with the guy from Counting Crows allegedly according to Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: Now she's very to a director of some kind.
Speaker 7: That's every hot girl hooked up with him.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy is something special and you can go see him at Choctaw this summer.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, that's great, thank you. Kevin.
Speaker 5: All Right, there you have it. There's the weekly Weekday update coming up next. Let's open up the wayback machine.
Speaker 4: If you are a fan of the Sports Inferno with Carl Spoon and Rational Bill, this might be the darkest turn of prank of ours has ever taken.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss this. It's next. It's time to go into the sensual Wiberg coop.
Speaker 4: All right, So the year is twenty sixteen, This would be nine years ago, and it was May sixth and we had you guys in a production studio on the phone with a guy named Brad.
Speaker 2: I think this is Brad Lee. Seriously Brad Lee. That's a funny thing that his parents did.
Speaker 4: From the Saint Bluis Blues sock hockey Hockey Blue.
Speaker 5: And the idea is with these bits, if you're new to the Ben and Skin show, we like pranking people that are out trying to do interviews and they don't know who we are. They don't do even do the research to find out who they're jumping on with. They're so excited to do a radio show and they end up being on with a fake show with two characters that don't even really exist. So everyone's in on the joke except the person being interviewed.
Speaker 4: And I would say these two characters are interesting it's an interesting mesh. Carl Spoon, it's kind of a Colin Cowhard just sports yeller, kind of old crimudgeony guy.
Speaker 2: He's a washed up sports yeller.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then we have he was partnered with a guy named Rational Bill, who just refuses to take an opinion, take a side on anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And Carl Spoon came from the school of give an opinion, have a hot take, it doesn't matter to create reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and rational Bill was more I mean rational, that's the word.
Speaker 4: He spends his entire existence making sure he offends nowhere. Yeah, anyway, he may be from Guam. We're not really sure where he's from. I thought this was great with the Stars on their playoff push their game one tomorrow night in Winnipeg. Uh so the Stars are taking on the Blues nine years ago. This is part one.
Speaker 10: Welcome back to the Sports Inferno Inferno with Coral and Rational Booth.
Speaker 15: Fans Carlsbonen rationalpell in the Inferno on a Thursday afternoon. Lots of great stuff coming up here in afternoon drive. Let's talg a little stick and puck here and we're joined by the Saint Louis Blues game time blogger Bradlee, How the hell you doing in the inferno today.
Speaker 6: Brad, and good guys, thanks for having me boil boy.
Speaker 2: Do we have a damn series on our hands?
Speaker 10: Here?
Speaker 4: A lot of people down in Dallas pissed off by the nature of the way Game three went down. Will start.
Speaker 2: What are your general thoughts on now?
Speaker 4: That's six to one wolloping that the Blues gave the Stars the other night.
Speaker 6: Well it was a with a kiss, right, That's that's what people are talking about, is the kiss from Ryan Reeves to the entire Stars bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of ad move. If you ask me, if I could interrupt you, why did Ryan Reeves, you know, blood the keys to the sweaty athletes and their muscles, and why did he blow the keys?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 6: Probably just to say, you know, see you later. Schnuckems I uh snuck.
Speaker 2: He was the moment that what he do was he angry or was he taunting them with the leaves?
Speaker 6: He was probably taunting him with his lips.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to the schnuck him say was that hockey talk? What is that?
Speaker 6: Not quite but he definitely was sending a message. Uh.
Speaker 2: At the end of that game, that's what schnuckems. I don't know what snuckems like. Okay, it's like meet me at the bike rack one time. Yeah, when I was in eighth grade, I was bumped into a guy in the hallway and he said meet me outside and at the bike racks. It was kind of the same thing. He didn't blow me a kiss, though he punched me in the face several times.
Speaker 4: Thought, I what a terrible story. Sports Inferno Carl's Rational Bill. Do you think the Stars have misplayed their hand with Tyler Sagan?
Speaker 2: On one hand, you can look at it and you can say he shouldn't have played in the one game when they brought him back, and you could say that they rushed it, they leave the beat. But at the same time, it was good to have such a good player back out there, So I could go either way. I can't fault them or accuse them of doing any wrong. I'm not asking you to give both sides. I'm asking you to take a side. Oh, I think on one hand you can say they made a mistake, But on the other hand, you could say it was no mistake. No, I understand that you just said that. What I'm saying is pig a damn side?
Speaker 6: You can't? Oh?
Speaker 2: I like it both ways. Personally it was mistake driven, but it ultimately was well intended. You're saying both danks. I'm saying pick a side, but I'm just saying that they tried to do the right thing, but he led to.
Speaker 4: Yes, they tried to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: They did it, So pick a side. What would you have done? I would have done the exact same thing and do it over again in the heart that he brought out, And did you.
Speaker 9: Pick us side?
Speaker 2: Is it look out the window? Is it day or night? He's kind of dusk in the morning, but it's like lad morning and early evening. It's kind of a little bit of both. God Almighty, what's better? Cats are dogs? If you like cats, cats are for you, and if you like dogs, dogs are for you. Cats.
Speaker 3: What you pick on?
Speaker 2: Brad? Do you have opinions?
Speaker 6: I'll pick a side. Obviously they tried Sagan in the last year ad against Minnesota. You played one game.
Speaker 2: I don't need I need an opinion. He wants an opinion from Brad Pratt. Brad, if I could have just interjected for very quickly, wance an opinion from you, Bratt, Please, you can't pick Please get off the fence, ready riding the fence. You have an opinion.
Speaker 6: He's not ready. They haven't made a mistake.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, he's not ready here, great, but he was on the fence. He said, he's not ready. They have not made a mistake.
Speaker 6: He's not ready, Bill, Brad say one kind of time.
Speaker 2: Brad, you're saying that they they may not make no mistake.
Speaker 6: Correct, right, they I'm not ready to play. Don't play them exactly?
Speaker 2: All right. Finally, Jesus, someone had an opinion here on the.
Speaker 4: Now. All right there it is part one. I would listen to that show, God girl, rational Bill, all right? Coming up next, the darkest turn in a prank in the history of our show. Now, this is in just over three minutes, under four minutes. Don't go anywhere. This is coming up next, the big finish, the grand finale of this weird prank. The wayback Machine is operational. We'll get to the part two coming up in less than four minutes.
Speaker 5: Spin and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, Thanks for hanging out with us on a Tuesday afternoon. Now, this segment is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salona, Texa. Is it Big Ben and I are partners in Look, if you're going to go to a little playoff hockey action, make sure to grab a can of big German at the AAC. It's in several locations. We also have it on tap at a couple of locations at the AAAC. On top of that, you can look for all of our beers that we have in distribution at Ranger Games. So if you're out there at Globe Life, gets you plenty of roller Town all over the place. Also, we have all of our distributed beers at Live by Lows, which is at great hotel right there by Globe Life, where we had our show to be kickoff Baseball season.
Speaker 2: We had so much fun out there. They're big supporters.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Rollertown all locations of Truckyard, which is a DFW institution, So those are great places out and about for you to sample some roller Town beer works. Now, earlier we were playing the first half of an old prank we did in the wayback Machine. It's called the Sports Inferno. If you don't know what the Sports Inferno is, Ben and I are characters Carl Spoon and Rational Bill. Carl Spoon is a crazy hot head that yells and just wants fiery opinions, doesn't even care what they are. Rational Bill is a sweet man, doesn't want to offend anybody. He really struggles taking aside. So he's a bad fit for Carl spin Bad stories too, yeah, stories, He's reminded of stories that really don't have a point. And so we played the first half, and we're with a hockey blogger because the stars were playing the Saint Louis Blues and uh, you know, you heard a lot of yelling and different stuff. So KT promised that the back half of this. Did you say this was the darkest turn any of our pranks had ever taken. I think it takes a turn that you're not expecting. And I almost can't believe that you guys went there with a stranger.
Speaker 2: Wow, I remember.
Speaker 5: I don't remember it either, but I'm intrigued. So here's the back half in a very very dark turn with a stranger, Brad who's a Saint Louis Blues blogger.
Speaker 2: All right, so what happens moving forward? Brad? How do you see Game four playing out? What about Game four, Brad?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Stars are going to play their hardest game of the series, So don't.
Speaker 2: Give me something generic. I want some insight. Damn it, What do you got, hold on, brational?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 9: If the Stars win this, this game on, because it would be too through Hold on a second, Brad, shut up, brat At that point, I would say it could go either way if it's too tooth, because then it really be.
Speaker 2: You bet it's game on? Is a game on or game on?
Speaker 9: I'm saying it would be game on for one game and then two games and three games, so it'll be game on and off.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what Tally said off and on? You what do you think, Brad?
Speaker 6: The Stars really have to create off the roster. The Blues are doing a good job of slowing him in the initial zone and then.
Speaker 9: Carry the offensive zone or defensive zone, right technical offensive of a defensive You said both there for a second, because found both?
Speaker 2: Did you say both? You said both right?
Speaker 6: Accidentally?
Speaker 2: Did you mean offensive or defensive?
Speaker 6: If the Stars are carrying the punk into the blue zone.
Speaker 9: Okay, the Stars offense into the Blues defense, or the Blues offense into.
Speaker 6: The Stars defense, The Stars will be on offense, all right, And where's the pun with the Stars on the Stars on the star.
Speaker 9: The Stars have the puck and they're racing down the SNAr zone with the pot, and they're racing down the ice into towards the Blues goal.
Speaker 6: If they can carry the puck into the zone, they'll create a lot more chance.
Speaker 2: What if there's icing, if they have to.
Speaker 6: Dump it in, that's not there, that's not their strong that it could be a penalty. Yeah, they've struggled.
Speaker 2: So you're saying there's gonna be a lot of penalties tonight. You're saying penalties?
Speaker 6: Bread? Are you? Are you? Do you think that the refs have done a poor job this series?
Speaker 4: Absolutely right? In the damn Show, I would like to take a stance on this. Oh well, here's the first.
Speaker 2: If the refs had called the game more closely, these would have been a closer game and they wouldn't have gotten beat sixty one. But in fairness, the refs tried their hardest. What are they brad of the rest?
Speaker 8: But fair?
Speaker 6: Have they been? Fair?
Speaker 2: Bread?
Speaker 6: I think the Stars have gotten screwed on some calls.
Speaker 4: Finally, dam just straight Homer, Yeah, watch it with u's freaking up me.
Speaker 2: So you admit that the Stars are better, but the refs have screwed them out of this.
Speaker 6: I didn't say the first part.
Speaker 2: You just said the Stars were better.
Speaker 9: Okay, so they're not better, not off the fence, but you you're you're saying that. Okay, you didn't say the first part. But the ref did screw the Stars.
Speaker 6: That overtime game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I want to hear you say it, say the rest screw the game, and the refs screwed the Stars.
Speaker 6: The screwed the Stars community.
Speaker 9: Those are hot tanks on a cold One time, my nephew was playing hockey at the Stars Center up in Free School, which nephews, this is one okay, and he's a little overweight.
Speaker 2: Surprisingly fast on skates.
Speaker 9: After the game, his mother was like, this sport is too expensive, and I was like, yeah, all right, Brad, Yeah, wow?
Speaker 2: How old are they?
Speaker 6: Eleven today? Six and three?
Speaker 2: You're in a canoe and you're going down a reaver and the canoe overturns. You can only save one life, which one of your childs? Are you going to say? It's the toughest choice?
Speaker 6: What is it? Brad? I can only save one.
Speaker 2: Why can't I just you can only change the scenarios. Scenarios, rational bill.
Speaker 4: Scenarios circumstances dictate that only one could be saved.
Speaker 2: Yes, the which one? Would you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Lets be honest, that's insane. I gotta save I gotta save a boy to save the family. Name, right, So what's your last name? Lee?
Speaker 2: I think there's like, yeah, hello, my family. Okay, but how many? How many? Two boys? And the youngest is a girl?
Speaker 6: Yeah? No, the oldest is a girl.
Speaker 4: The oldest is a girl. So you just let her die and you go get the other one, eleven year oldest. The eleven year old is the girl, the birthday girl. Which ones do you want to die? You'd have to turn his head? You got you can't want your kids die when you pick one. You gotta turn your head, big one. You pick one, but you you stick of the decision. And then you have to get in your wife's face and say, I tried to get them all, but I had to pick a wiener.
Speaker 2: Oh that she'll be hysterical with the decision. You'll be very angry. What is your your daughter's name? The one that you didn't save?
Speaker 13: Lauren?
Speaker 4: Lauren I would like for rational Bill to sing Happy birthday.
Speaker 9: Laura birth They told you happy birthday. Do you have to be birthday Laura bird day?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 2: And I love your And one note to Laura. Yeah, don't get in a canoe with your dad Stumpy from the river, Laura, So enjoy your birthday.
Speaker 6: How'd you like that?
Speaker 2: You like Rational Bill's voice.
Speaker 6: It's not bad even will practice, Man, it could be better.
Speaker 2: Singing Happy Birthday. I've been practicing. I feel like I've meant a lot of improvement. You just sing the song you feel like I just feel like you're being highly critical me and I'm trying to leave my heart out here. Yeah, why you did a jerk, Brad?
Speaker 6: I wasn't trying to be a jersey. Sounds like it. You didn't want me to ride the fence.
Speaker 4: Your face is he is a man who just drowned two of his kids. Wow, what a badass. He didn't even hesitate, He just shove their heads underwater so fast. Let's get your thoughts on what's gonna happen in the game tonight, Brad, a man who does not fear turning.
Speaker 2: Us back on his kids. What happens tonight at day four.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a super physical game. There's probably gonna be some fun.
Speaker 2: What I would do to Ryan? Does he try to blow a kiss again?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I was watching steven sagall and Hard to Kill two. I think that is what he was called. And I would there's a sequel to Hard to Kill. It may have been the first one or a different Stevens. It could have been another one, but I would I would do is. I would punch Ryan right in the throat and reap out his Adam's elbow, and then I was showed through him.
Speaker 2: I say, see this is what will happen.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I would flex over him and then I would call in the surgeon to immediately repair it, okay, because I wouldn't want to go to jail and I wouldn't want to be mean, but I would want to show my full power capability once again, not taking a stand.
Speaker 4: You know what I do, Brad, If that jerk starts blowing a kiss, I'd pull my out so it looks like he's.
Speaker 2: Kissing my That's what I would do, right out of the eyeside. He ate my out, I'd be like, yeah, kiss my can't do that? Oh yes, you can. You can you can do it? You would be suspended. You can't do it, you'd be suspending it. And you crossing line. No, that's how you do it. I'm walking out right now. You're not just trusting any cross the line. No, put your back off. Thank you, Brad. I'm I'm out, thank you. This is not professional, although it is.
Speaker 9: Somewhat professional someone someone in the day, so it's a professional in that regard.
Speaker 2: But otherwise you said a little bit older the line.
Speaker 4: Shut up, you're being a pe. I hope you had fun, Brad. Did you enjoy it in the inferno?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I feel little burn. I'm okay, there's Brad ahead.
Speaker 4: Let's give a round of a plus for brad man who's not afraid to kill his own kids for hockey talk.
Speaker 2: Take care of brother. We'll get writing that. Saint Louis Blues game, Tom bla man. Yeah, I love you, Brad. What what are you laughing at? He loves you?
Speaker 6: All right, man? All right?
Speaker 2: No one says all right, goodbye, okay, goodbye, Bra, that's back.
Speaker 6: Hugs back to you. I love you.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Good weight to ended, goodbye, all right? Coming up, Mark Cuban sell team or what right Jo that's the dark party.
Speaker 2: That was the crazy for her. Wow, got that guy. We put him through hell and he still just wanted to talk hockey. I can't tell you how much I like that guy. Yeah, he's good, dude. What year was that?
Speaker 4: Twenty sixteen, dude, Let's get back with it. Oh you know what, seven years before? Cuban's old the team too. Wait, Lauren's in her early twenties, dude. I was thinking that Lauren's twenty now he's that she was eleven. Yeah, so she's twenty today.
Speaker 2: Let's see how she's doing. How today should do that? She's twenty two? D this for no reason because it's today. There's the wayback machine. You just today? Okay, I thought it was because the stars are in the playoffs. No, it's the whole happened on May sixth.
Speaker 5: The basis of these bits is these guys will just do anything to be on the air and get interviewed.
Speaker 2: They'll put up with just about anything. Christina, what are you going to do on the show tonight?
Speaker 7: Play a whole lot of music and give away some darkness?
Speaker 5: Would you maybe get Lauren she's twenty, get her on the show tonight. Yeah, I'll see what I can do a little nighttime Eagle with Christina Ray and Lauren the Birthday Girl.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think that would be great. Hey, good job, Kevin, I.
Speaker 12: Believe come off.
Speaker 2: On one hand he did a good job, but on the other hand it was not so good.
Speaker 5: Oh no, hope, Bill, I'll never forget the time the KT booked what was his name, Brad Lee on the Sports Inferno. He picked up the phone. He looked the phone dead in the eye, and he said this to Brad.
Speaker 2: You can get over anything if you try hard enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Brad got over trying to kill his kids. All right, Christina is going to stick around and play music.
Speaker 13: Here you going, You're well, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude.
Speaker 6: Al Art