Speaker 1: I'd tell you what, It's been a long long time since I was a kid having to worry about summer break coming to an end. But I tell you what, I still get that anxiousness, panic attack energy whenever I see the commercials about back to school sales rather it be clothes school supplies. In fact, I now look forward to school starting because, well especially this year, because I'm not gonna have to pay for daycare anymore for my son. Both my kids will be in the school system, which, knowing they're at the same place every day, is going to be a better situation for us. So despite it being a good thing for me, as I'm now, you know, an adult, I still, I guess have PTSD from just knowing, oh my god, they're starting to show off. They're starting to promote the sales about uniform pants and school supplies and oh my god, summer's over. I still haven't fully recovered from that.
Speaker 2: I suppose.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's eight o six here at Kentucky Hada's Morning News, a news radio weight Ford Whas Coffee and Company Nick Coffee with you. Appreciate your hanging out with us as we get the week started, and next Thursday is when JCPS is going to get the school year started. And if you remember, we talked about this a few weeks ago. We're rooting for the new JCPS superintendent, doctor Brian year would because what a thankless gig. Somebody's got to do it. Things could be phenomenal first day there's I mean this I can't imagine, and maybe I have one of these jobs. I just do a good job of living in my own world and maybe being delusional, but like you could be the best that's ever been in that position ever. But like just with what that what that job is and what it comes with, there's never going to be a shortage of people telling you that you're terrible at your job or people on Facebook commenting that you know you suck and that that you know you make too much money. It like, no matter what decisions you make, and by the way, there are a lot of big important decisions. Not only can you not make the decision that's going to make everybody happy, because that's not possible. You know, people just lose their mind about stuff. So I'm rooting for doctor Brian. Hear what, who's taken over from Marty Polio. But I'm telling you the first few days of school. As far as transportation, the bus situation, there's going to be a microscope on that in a major way, and I'm hoping that they don't have any big, big goofs like they did a couple of years ago. I'm not sure it could ever be as bad as it was in twenty twenty three, whenever it became a national news story. But what I'm urging parents to do is do your part, meaning just make sure you know where it is your kid needs to get on the bus, and you can get that information right now at the JCPS website. There's the bus Teller tool and you can figure out the bus number, the stop location, and the estimated pick up and drop off time. So having that information that's your responsibility as a parent. But also if you have any questions, they're opening up at nine o'clock this morning. They're opening up the bus hotline. You can call five OO TSO four eighty five ride and it'll be open weekdays from nine am to four pm to help a transportation related questions. They may extend those hours depending upon call volumes. So parents, do your part, and let's just fingers crossed that it could that it gets off to a good start, because you know, last I checked, when it comes to a school system, the first step is getting kids to the school and they've struggled at doing that at times. And I did mention this earlier when I mentioned it once more, for as much as they get criticized, and sometimes for obvious reasons, and I'm talking about JCPS, have you ever considered that sometimes the parents that may be loud and just obnoxious, probably on Facebook or something like that, do you ever consider that just maybe they could be like the reason they're upset is quite literally something that they did wrong, Like they are the reason because JCPS has just become the punching back.
Speaker 2: So anybody out here talking about how much.
Speaker 1: They don't like the school system or and I'm not defending them as if like they're perfect and they're they're not deserving of criticism. They certainly are in fact, sometimes in a big way. But just for a second, consider the source at times, right, like maybe they're acting as if JCPS is the worst ever and the unthinkable happened, but it's really just because like somebody tried to hold their kid accountable, or maybe somebody told them, yeah, it's your job to know what bus your six year old needs to get on. We make that information available and you need to figure it out. So let's hope it works out because I'm pulling for this guy. I can't remember just truly considering how thankless a job would be until I realized what all comes with this. And look, there's way more to it than I will ever know. But I'm just saying, that's just a job that no matter what, you could be great at it, you could be phenomenal, and there'll be another people to tell you if you're looking. You know, you don't have to look for it. You'll you'll know that there's some people that just think you're terrible. So let's hope it works out. But again, parents, do your part two. All right, let's get an updated look at the traffic. Bobby Ellis will get us caught up on how the roadways are looking. To get this week started, We've got another weather update coming your way with Matt Melosavich of Wlky and Elon Musk. You guys know he's like filthy rich, right, They need to come up with a new word to describe his level of wealth because it's beyond rich. But some of the things in which he could do with the money that he has. I think really puts it in perspective how filthy rich he is. We'll talk about that next right here our news Radio eight forty whas it is Kentucky and his morning news here on news Radio eight forty Whas Coffee and Company, Nick Coffee. That's me the company manage on all on alongside today. And this may surprise some of you guys, but we don't make as much money and we're not worth as much money as Elon Musk. Probably surprised aes you, I know, but we'll get there one day, maybe or maybe. Because he has reached a level of wealth that is just insane. So he's now officially worth four hundred and five point six billion dollars, projected to become the world's first trillionaire by twenty twenty seven. And I want you to consider just I mean, and again I don't I mean, you got to do some math here to really put it in perspective, and I'm not great at math, but thankfully there's a nice breakdown here that just gives you just some comparion, just perspective with what he has as far as his worth he could buy seventy nine NFL franchises. I mean, and by the way, I don't know if people realize how expensive the NFL franchises have become. I mean they've always been. I mean, I think Venetti said this the other day, and he's right owning a professional sports team, certainly in the NFL, And also you could say the same about MLB and NBA.
Speaker 2: I think too. That's a level of wealth that is just I.
Speaker 1: Mean talk about I mean, that's that's it's not musk, but it's probably like the next closest thing. Meaning, if if you have been enough money to buy an NFL team, you are you're in a tax bracket that the vast majority of society will never will never sniff. But here are some things that that he could he could do. As far as generosity. I'm not saying that he should trust me, because I mean, if you have the means and you want to do something great, then awesome. But I've never been somebody that just expects because someone's insanely rich, they should just give it all away or give a lot of it away. I mean they can if they do, that's great, but like there's never any like they don't have to. But right now there are three hundred and thirty million Americans. Elon Musk could give each person one thousand dollars and he'd still have seventy five billion leftover.
Speaker 2: Does that put it in perspective? John? That's absolutely they're crazy. So check this out.
Speaker 1: The total tuition total US public college tuition in twenty twenty four was around eighty five billion. He could cover four point seven years of every student's tuition. I mean, think about that. And here are some things he could do and still walk away a billionaire. He could give away ninety nine point seventy five percent of his fortune and still be a billionaire.
Speaker 2: With a B Think about that. I mean, I just don't get outs.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, this is one something we can't relate to. But I'm not sure if he wanted to have every bit of money physically in hand that he is worth, it would be possible. Now a lot of times when you consider someone's worth, it's their assets, and that's really what I mean. I'm sure he's not running out of money and his checking account, But like when you get to overall worth, when you talk about these kind of numbers, even if we're talking substantially less than what Elon Musk is worth. A lot of your your value is in your assets and what you own. But yes, that's it's a lot of money. And if he wanted to give some away, I'd be I'd be grateful, right, I mean, especially with this economy. Right, So, yeah, he's rich and I'm not. So he could buy six point seven billion, Big Max and by the way, those things are six bucks a pop now too. By the way, he could buy fifty nine thousand, nine hundred and forty two Super Bowl ads and still be a billionaire. Like these are things that, like most people would never be able to afford, but he could buy that many of them me and still be a billionaire. He's rich and I'm jealous. All Right, We've got another update of traviicking weather coming your way right here, right now. Bobby Ellis will tell us how the roadways are looking this morning. Also will get an update on the weather from Matt Melosovitch Scott Scott Sports for You, and then John Shannon with the News around eight thirty and then Rory O'Neal of NBC News set to join us. So we're loaded the rest of the way don't go anywhere, keep it locked right here on news Radio eight forty whas good Monday morning, thanks for hanging out with us here on Kentucky and his morning news Coffee and company with you on news Radio eight forty whas Tony Venetti alongside as Tony and Dwid are coming your way here here shortly. I said this earlier, and it's probably an exaggeration. It's probably because I'm I'm not built tough as some others out there. In fact, I'm not building stuff as a lot of people. But if you don't have to go outside today, Tomorrow, Wednesday, just don't do it, yeah, because it's the humidity is gross, it'll smack you in the face, and the heat wave is here. And I bet the walk from your vehicle to the phenomenal studios.
Speaker 2: We have here at iHeart Louisville at four Street Live like it's probably a sweaty, a sweaty two minute walk.
Speaker 3: I've committed to doing six miles a day walking and no matter what it is, two two and two or three and three doesn't matter. If you get out and start trucking, sometimes you get used to it. But at fifty six years old, there are times and I stop halfway through and go, all right, I'm having another heart attack.
Speaker 1: Well, don't scare us like that. And by the way, this is this is something that I've probably told you before. You're I don't know anybody that would do this. But if I if I was ever asked, hey, do you know anybody that that that you would consider a friend that would have a heart attack and nearly die and then like randomly bring it up in conversation months later, that's what you did. I think I think I realized you almost died from one of your mini commercials. I mean it might have been it like, wait a second, you almost died and you didn't tell me.
Speaker 2: Going on, stuff happens. Yeah, I got lucky.
Speaker 1: Well, before we handed off to to Tony and Dwight, I wanted to so John Harbaugh. He is the coach of the Ravens and he recently I don't know what led to him meeting Donald Trump or some whatever photo op took place, but that led to a reporter with the Baltimore Banner named Kyle Goon who asked Harball about meeting Trump. And I want you guys to hear this sound because I just this to me was a real like it's not that surprising in the grand scheme of things, but to know that people, even if you are very much a Democrat and you're not a fan of Trump, I mean, I would just assume that people want the country to be in a good place. Therefore the president of the country, you would think would need to be impactful in that. But this was a pretty firey exchange from from Harball and this reporter, and I thought it was worth sharing.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Pasked Donald Trump that said, you know, denigrating things how Baltimore and putting.
Speaker 2: No dus who wants to live there? Yeah, you know, as a prominent representative of him.
Speaker 4: Well, well you frame that question. I would frame the question like, you got a chance to go visit with the president. Man, what was that experience?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: It was amazing, It was awesome. And I promise you I root for our president. You know, I want our president to be successful, just like I want I want my quarterback to be successful and I want my team to be successful. Uh and uh, And it was. It was an amazing experience. You know. It's it's not often you get invited and you get a chance to do something like that as a family. You know, we were there, My daughter was there, Jim's daughters were there, My mom and dad were there. Uh my mom and President Trump, you know, was just seeing the how he treated her was was really meaningful, you know. And that's the fourth president. Now Jim met seven. Jim has met seven presidents, so he's got the lead on me. I think he pointed out, did you guys notice that, right, He's got seven. I got four. So I had a chance to meet President Obama twice, incredible experience. Had a chance to meet President Biden when he was vice president in Iraq and spend a lot of time with him in Iraq, which was amazing. And then you know, twenty four to twenty five years old, Jim got invited also to the White House to meet President Reagan because he was a Heisman Trophy candidate and we got to go as a family. So I'm met President Reagan, have a picture in my office to that. So those are moments that I definitely cherish and it means a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure he could have answered that any better. And I'm not saying that everybody would have to agree with him and they would view the experience.
Speaker 2: The same way.
Speaker 1: But that used to be put it on a t that's the answer that you give regardless if you're red, blue, left, right, you get a chance to meet the president. That take away their politics. It's just I mean, if we're Americans, don't we want regardless of what side you're on, don't we want things to I don't know, just it was.
Speaker 2: An eye opener for me.
Speaker 3: Every SID in America needs to show this video to every coach in America and say this is how you do it. Either side doesn't matter or this is perfection in an answer because he turned it into he's the president of the United States. As matter of fact, I've met all of them. So if you're just gonna narrow it into right, that's exactly right. Yes, And the reporter probably he looks stupid now, I mean, it's a it is a legit question, I guess, even though it is training camp and we're talking about football and and all of us are waiting for it. But this is a perfect this is an answer in perfection, and they every SID needs to and in the NFL, this is how you.
Speaker 2: Answer that question.
Speaker 3: And when you go over the top like that, it's so it's just it disarms everybody in the room and goes okay, because we've gotten to a point. And I saw it with my kids to where in high school some of them started to divide to a point of they weren't friends with other people that at some point because the first Trump time around, because they were they were Trump people, and the other one weren't. And they weren't talked to the other one. And I was like, you mean you're not talking to him anymore because and I'm like, that's.
Speaker 2: That didn't used to be blew my mind.
Speaker 3: It blew my mind, and I was so upset and not only lasted a couple of years before they figure it out. Uh, that's in dating world now, like you see that online whether like can I date a maga? And it's like, are you serious? I mean, this has been going on forever. My dad was conservative, my mother was a liberal. Right, they figured it out. I mean they were in love and that's what happened.
Speaker 1: And that didn't used to be considered really rare, right, that was just no lifleast that we are very much were divided. We're at war with one another about certain things. And I just thought, regardless of I just thought that was worth for people to hear, because again, like you said, you could have answered it better.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh crushed it.
Speaker 1: I mean that.
Speaker 2: Pay attention. Yeah, record and play it.
Speaker 1: I've learned though, anytime I talked Trump to an extent, there's going to be some people that don't like what I say. Regardless of what I said. Please, somebody accuse me of you and somebody accused me of being a watcher of the View. I thought that was actually pretty good. That's actually how they know. Do you tell them I've been watching the View. I've watched the View every day. It's a best show out there.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was still long.
Speaker 1: It's actually going on a little bit of a hiatus. We'll we're a big fan. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: She shusld be cool. Sister used to be sister, used to be Yeah, she's playing none.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's satire. It is so bad. That show is so bad. We're out of time. Tony Dweter next riding wh S