Speaker 1: All right, I'm joined right now by the two headed Monster, Brent Honeywell and Clayton Kershaw right left, two headed Monster. Honeywell, thanks a lot for joining in me and this guy, Clayton.
Speaker 2: Kershaw, thanks for having me. Kershaw, Thank you for recruiting Honeywell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honey's a good time. So I just thought maybe he'd died a little bit to our interview. But so far not a great stort. So to see what happens.
Speaker 1: He got stage fright, maybe so maybe so Hey, he seems more nervous now than he did when he saw that snake on the step of the dugout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honey's got a good heart about him, good good heart beat about him. But yeah, that snake didn't even phase him. He was too locked into the ball. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I feel like a snake doesn't phase you.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're a type of guy that might have like five pet snakes at home.
Speaker 2: No, he had the best seat in the house.
Speaker 4: It was in the best seat in the house yesterday, front row, right in front of dog.
Speaker 2: He almost got Danny.
Speaker 4: Danny never saw him.
Speaker 2: Never saw him, never saw him.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a snake at Dodger Stadium, Kershaw.
Speaker 3: That was a first for me. I never seen that before. I didn't know. I knew someone would grab him, but I didn't want to be a part of that. Yeah, I don't know who it was.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's always a purpose for everybody on this team. You guys are really come together. What can you say about what Honeywell did for the team going into Game three and the rest of this series. The way he competed and kept the game where it was.
Speaker 3: He pitched great, you know, I think you know he loves to compete and obviously been out for a couple of weeks, so to come in there and get three innings for us was huge and you know, kept us right where we were and we had a chance in the ninth, which was the goal, you know. So it obviously lined up our pen for these next three games, because playing three games in a row, you can't just use the same guys over and over again. So that was huge for us and it'll set us up for the rest of the series big time.
Speaker 1: I'm curious if Honeywell how much of a rubber arm he has. So you pitch three innings, how how quickly can you turn around.
Speaker 4: I turned around. I can turn around. I mean, it's you gotta do what you gotta do in October, you know, is what it is. You go buntch your business the right way. You learn from guys like Clayton, and you continue to go about the same thing you've done all year long, helping the team win any way you can and let the chips fall.
Speaker 2: How much have you learned from him? I've learned a lot from him.
Speaker 4: Today was the first day we played ketch together.
Speaker 2: That this is a big day.
Speaker 4: Not to get too young here, but I watched him a lot growing up.
Speaker 3: I think we're the same age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, uh he uh. I've learned a lot from him. IVE watched him.
Speaker 4: I've watched him pitch for a long time, and I asked him a little bit about the slider and rest was kind of history with that.
Speaker 2: Nice no.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the thing that I like about Honey is that we were just talking about it is, you know, there's so much stuff right weight room wise, training room wise, that we do pitching to get us on the field and pitch, but like nobody really talks about just just throwing, you know, just throwing a baseball and that's what honey does. And I just said, I think I think I should throw more like maybe not as like max effort, but just like more endurance based throwing, just to get your arm going. Gets your arm going, he said, he, you know, he feels better, like he played ketch today and he set his shoulder and elbow felt better than it has been in a long time, just you know, just because he threw three ing's yesterday and keep your arm going. So I think there's something to be said for that, like tissue tolerance of your arm. And you know, obviously every everybody in baseball is trying to figure out how to keep people healthy now, and maybe maybe you just go back to as simple as just playing catch for longer and less intense periods of time.
Speaker 1: Before Game two, I saw you guys playing catch as well. He was throwing his screwball to you. Any chance you teach Kershaw the screwball.
Speaker 4: He's got the he's got the hook, dude, the hook. The hook's only when he's needed his whole career.
Speaker 2: You see it. It's as well of the guasts.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't think my shoulder can throw a screwball. I don't think my shoulder moves that way, especially after surgery. There's no way I could throw a screwball.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw and Brent Honeywell are joining us before Game three of the NLCS. Honeywell, did you hear the big breaking news on Big Fox Sports yesterday?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: Kershaw was on with the big guys a Rod, Big Poppy and Jeter and broke the news that he's coming back next year.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's old news, That's what That's what I thought anywhere, That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was news. I thought, just what do you think I'm gonna do? Hang out to get surgery and hang it up. I mean, I don't know. It's just like, yeah, I didn't know I was breaking anything. Well.
Speaker 2: I mean that was the first time you said it publicly.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know I had to do that every here, all right, coming back old No, I'm the same age as you do.
Speaker 1: You have a Honeywell clause? You got the player option? Do you have a Honeywell clause in your contract?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I only pitch if Honeywell pitch it. Yeah, yeah that would work. Well, it'd be good.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 4: I got my first day with your first start back this year.
Speaker 3: Sure it is wait to go man.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks thanks for setting it up.
Speaker 1: Your new Kenley Jansen, your Kershaw's new Kenley. Thanks a lot, guys for stopping I told Kershaw when he leaves, I leave, so I'll come back next year.
Speaker 3: Wow, you heard it here first, guys, Dave as back next year. We'll have to. We'll check out the contract situation, but we'll double check