Speaker 1: Still don't want to raise me. I told you he was chicken. Heather stand marsh the doors.
Speaker 2: All right, dude, if I race, you will leave me alone?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Fine, you and me at the summit, now, okay, race race kick Ash.
Speaker 4: Welcome to going down to Southwark, the podcast where we always have our sales of time, and boy did with this week because we traveled all the way down to Aspen.
Speaker 1: I'm Dano and I am going, Yes, we are coming to me lying from a little place in Aspen down to say with me. So, how does it feel good to say? I love that?
Speaker 4: That's actually one of my favorite moments, right, so just try to say.
Speaker 1: It feels good to be rich.
Speaker 4: And the secondary's gonna love hearing that one. Sorry, why, I'm sorry, ladies, I forgot what'll happen in this episode? Not gonna lie, right, and you'll tell me how great it is. I'm little memories. I just remember they got to the snow and there's a douche bay there. Tats turned to be Tad. I loved him, but I love the Timeshares even more. I think it's actually it was all fantastic, wasn't it. It was all great?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I very much liked, of course, the a plot of which is basically a terrific nineteen eighty fourteen movie called hot Dog. The movie. It's essentially the same plot, even down to the font when it's a South park Ian Aspen's good. That's hot Dog the movie's opening, is it? Ah? Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But the b plot with the whole timeshare thing really made me laugh. And I've forgotten a lot about it, But there was one thing that made me love the most, because, as we like to say on the internet, it happened to me. The lovely Luis Anda were in Bali recently, and you know, we've been there a few times. We like to think we're relatively savvy travelers. We're not going to be drawn in by the hey boss, hey boss, come and get some of this action. Walking through the shopping center and this this salesman, he was incredible. He's very persuasive, very charming. Thought we'll give him a second. You know, he was talking about a new hotel development that had come up. It's like, have a look at these cards, et cetera, et cetera. Have a scratch. There always are scratches. Yeah, the scratches get you I got a particular prize and you always got the red dot, but lou got red stickered. Yeah, you got the red sticker. Oh, you got the redsticker. It's even a parody.
Speaker 5: And he was so.
Speaker 1: Good at it that for a second we were like, oh wow, this is what a good deal. Yeah, just a scratch, and we nearly nearly fell for it. And then he was saying, oh, but we have to go to the hotel development for you to claim all this business. We're like, we're not going to a second location.
Speaker 4: No, So you're hopped on the ski lift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then he tried to guilt trips by saying, oh, well, you know the gelt trip. Yeah, I need to get if if I don't get my fifty dollars bonus, if you don't do this thing, how I was supposed to feed my children? Like that sounds like you issue pal It sounds like a skills issue, bad luck. And we walked away. We didn't feel good about it. But every time after that, we're like, is he still there? We're gonna have to take the long way around. We couldn't walk past that guy again because we came up with some bullshit excuse about why we couldn't go to his second location with him, and why we had to, you know, deprive him with fifty la bonus.
Speaker 4: And he'd have kids made because the kids are the perfect excuse because I was just she ship herself.
Speaker 1: Look all right, that's what Lu said about me. I shouldn't have had that burrito.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm sure if you just say that, sorry, I've shipped myself. No, they're not going to question. It's time for that ship. Like pun intended.
Speaker 1: We've got We've got the best toilets at the second at this new development, come along doned an adult Trump. I don't know. I remember we went.
Speaker 4: We only had one proper family holiday when I was growing up.
Speaker 1: We drove.
Speaker 4: We drove all the way to Queensland because my dad wouldn't get on a plane right to drive twenty one hours to Queensland. I remember we're in surface Paradise and mom and dad got done with the time share. My sister and I we would have been so it's ninety nine. I would have been eleven, my sister would have been seven. And I remember just sitting there listening to these two people talk to my mom and and Mum's just like we can't have fought.
Speaker 1: And my Dad's just like this just sounds pretty good.
Speaker 5: Just hear it out.
Speaker 1: You want to give a guard check.
Speaker 4: And Mom's like, no, we can't have Johnny, we kind of fought. Dad's like where do I sign? But hopefully they didn't. And Nicol and I did it once as well, because he offered us a one hundred dollars coals card, right, and I was like, I can sit through half an hour. It's always half an hour, so just come funny, they take a half an hour. We're sitting there waiting for like half an ever before we even get into the place. And they get you in there. It's like one on one sort of like meetings and like you said, super charming, and they can sent straight away where they're going to get you or not. And then it's the the last resort. I feel like it was always the guilt trip, and he tried the guilt trip on us and I just said, mate, just give us hold our colds. Actually goes no, you just have to wait a minute. I'll go, I'll go get it.
Speaker 1: He takes like twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, you out like give me give him and we got eight coles voucher, but it took us a recond maybe two three hours to get that Coles voucher.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm sure I have shared with you and the listeners the shameful time of guy was nearly sucking into being an Amway representative.
Speaker 4: Am I no, no, and I'd never heard of AMH So am Way was it was Tuperware originally it wasn't That was am Way. What was the other one my mom got sucked in with? It was vacuum cleaners. Kirby might have been Kirby Kirby vacuums or something. My mom used to have these parties and stuff Myke's.
Speaker 1: Wife did Enyo, which was the Swedish Swedish cleaning products. They're actually pretty good. We've still gone to this day. I didn't mind him.
Speaker 4: Mum's I'm having a toperwear party right and it's like all my friends, Mum's gonna be over. We'll be playing video games with my friends.
Speaker 1: I thought this was going to turn into like the Stacey's Mom videos. All the moms are coming there and heavy of that teleware. I didn't know what Amway was at this stage. It was cleaning, which was to help me what am I is? Yeah, it's my mom did Amway as well.
Speaker 4: Actually it's multi level marketing. My mom did Amway. Yeah, red containers, weren't they.
Speaker 1: I believe the house was full of Amway. Yes, but yeah, what it is? Pyramids game? Right? Pyramids game essentially. Yeah. I was out at a nightclub when I think I was about nineteen years old and this guy I'm not going to say his full name, his name is Adam. I caught up with him again recently. He's a good guy, a bit of a hustler. I mean, he's doing very well for himself. He's driving a very flash car and all this kind of business and.
Speaker 4: Charge the people to the K thirteen.
Speaker 1: Call me god. No, he's actually a good guy. But he was the one who I'd had a few drinks and he's talking about, oh, it's this great money making opportunity. Come along with me, and I'm like, you're pretty persuasive, Oh, come along. I'd never heard of Amway, so but at some at some stay of saying well, yes, this is Amway, and I'm like what wait? Am like okay? And if I was a little more worldly, would have been like, I'm getting out here.
Speaker 4: My mom cleans my house. I don't need clean in front of what is this thing.
Speaker 1: You call cleaning? But I thought, oh, look, I'd like to live a creative life, which is a sure by way making no damn money. It'd be nice to have something that made a little money and then I could concentrate on other things. Didn't really work that way. I had no nauss a salesman or anything like that. And after about i know, six months or something, and this is bullshit, and I got sucked.
Speaker 4: What was Wilson trying to sell in the posit of happiness? He became that guy, Oh, selling type typewriters.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 4: Something that was outdated by the time he was trying to sell it. Yeah, whatever it was, but you become that guy. Yeah, and when he goes back my mom, I remember, I have memories of she would have to go to people's houses with like people. She'd suck it into joining Amway because she was sort of like their team leader now, so she'd have to watch them do and teach them how to do the sessions or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's very cold, like the it's got the hierarchy and the structure and all this kind of business, and it's all very motivational and.
Speaker 4: Rama, yea mom did one was MoMA's not like several of them. I don't know why she persisted with her. And then she finally found her calling in the sense of Mom's just looking for something to She's like, I haven't found my purpose. And now she's working with people who disability isn't the term, but like where they live in a home because they can't live at home, they need extra care, full time care. She's a care and she's just like absolutely just excelling at it. She's like the leader of the house. Basically, that's what Mum was destined to do. But before that, though scheme up, the scheme of the scheme. She did this energy drink one as well, and that the fridge befall these energy drinks which won. There was sugar free energy drinks, and I was just like, this doesn't work.
Speaker 1: It was prime. Wasn't that she got sucked in by the pool? Now it was not that that ship.
Speaker 4: What were they called that vanilla one moon, milk moons something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was garbage. But anyway, I will fight Jake Aspen. What do you think of sidetracked?
Speaker 4: When do you think of South Park? This is sort of one. This is what you have envisioned, isn't it. This is everything you love about South Park.
Speaker 1: It very much is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without the complete absurdity of you know, Kenny being killed and that kind of there's no sort of little violence in this one. Just what the humans based on is what South Bark is.
Speaker 1: There's plenty, not plenty of ridiculousness in it, but there's enough ridiculous to make it go. Of course, we're watching Harker and Stone here.
Speaker 4: I will say one thing I'm not sold on, how on the handling of Butters so far as a full time character. He's not being oversaturated, but I'm just not buying the Cartman Butter's dynamic just yet. I feel like Cartman's.
Speaker 1: Why you're feeling a bit too sorry for Butters.
Speaker 4: He just seems so pathetic that I'm finding it hard to care about the character at this point.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean, he's new to the group, so he wants to fit in. He wants and unfortunately Butter's being Butters. He's gonna overcompensate by being a bit of a punching bag, and naturally he's naive and not that worldly.
Speaker 4: And maybe because of the start to It almost feels like the creator tre and Matt almost trying to push him on us in a sense that, you know, so great that he's the kid's new best friend. It's so great having Butters around. Yeah, you know, ever since Kenny died, Butters is the new kid. He's the new Kenny. Guys, here's the new Kenny. I just thought I didn't.
Speaker 1: Get that vibe, and particularly what you're talking about with the parents.
Speaker 4: It's just the opening scene, I know what you mean. That just struck me as reminding.
Speaker 1: I know, the parents just desperately trying to convince themselves that I don't know, I don't know. Maybe it's a way to wedges the Butter's parents into it as well. I mean, I liked how stilted it felt that whole friends by default. I mean, as I've said before, there are certain things that Parker and Stone did very well, and just that kind of inane small talk or not witty wit that people will occasionally do when they think, oh, we're all grown ups here, and you know, we're kind of spec No, we're friends by default.
Speaker 4: It's just because we've had Carmon and Butters interact quite a bit in the last season, right, I just don't feel like there's been that much interaction between Kyle, Stan and Butters to justify him being part of that core group. They don't seem to care about him. They find him as a deweve, they think he's pathetic. They don't really have much there. Even in the episode that was Butter's song, but Butter's episode, right, Stan and Kyle don't appear to the end. He's much needed as Cartman, it was, but this episode, but I just feel like Cartman is the only one that really interacts with Butters.
Speaker 1: It seems that way, certainly, and I think he just wants to do that because he likes having someone to push around, someone to bully, Yeah, to do his dreadful dreadful prank song, horrific.
Speaker 4: Pranks, horrible pranks. Ye.
Speaker 1: Well, favorite moments from the episode. It's funny because it leads into one of my favorites, that whole opening bit with the with the parents sort of becoming, as they said, friends by default. There's a great line from Butter's dad, of course, but he's the perfect boyfella. Now, I didn't remember that given what we know about Butter's dad. It's a nice off color joke that whole south Park in Aspen having the hot dog the movie made it feel special. Oh yeah, and the whole well it's take on me, but.
Speaker 4: It takes the montage. Is that push it to the limit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is one of the reasons I love it so much. It was like, but the first time I heard this, like, why is this so familiar to me?
Speaker 4: And don't you forget about me at the end.
Speaker 1: And also and safety dance with Butter's doing I don't think it's the safety dance, but doing it like a little Charlie Brown dance. I thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Just the overall parody of sports films. The sports story is so awesome.
Speaker 1: I love it. They say on Wikipedia, which never lies, of course, that this is one of the easiest episodes to write because they just took all their underdog movies and they put the South Park crew on it. And I think Trey had also been pressured into a timeshare thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like, but I think they've been trying they were trying to pressure him into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, fuck those guys. I don't know if we've heard this before in South Park, but it's something that becomes a catchphrase of sorts. Later on, I think this is the first time I've heard Randy go oh god damn it? Is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm sure he said that before, but possibly not. Maybe it's just my memory of hearing him say it. Yeah, I just love it.
Speaker 1: Oh God damn it. Montage is so great. Yeah, yeah, I love that. It's just borrowing the rhythm from push It to the It's one of those songs that like, oh, writing a parody song is easy, isn't it? And it's not. It's not. It's really not.
Speaker 4: I wrote a couple of parody songs when I was younger. Right, So, when I was working in the Dali holes, all everyone, all of us will forced to wear hair NEETs, right, and they will be pissed off when that's when you drop up and you didn't your hand. They say, where's your hairnet? And for some reason in my head I was.
Speaker 1: Going, where's your hair dad? Where's your hair had? May? I ask are there any other lyrics of that?
Speaker 4: Or is there yest'd be one of my old laptops. But I literally I'm like, there's something there, okay.
Speaker 1: And when you got out the leg of ham, did you go Slice Slice Baby. I did not, but I should have. You should have. Yeah, Montage is fantastic. Even better is the standarsh song. Yes. I loved so with those guys every time they go ooo and standards just like what you're going to beat me.
Speaker 4: Every Just stupid douchebag jock in all those sports films. Yeah, and not just sports films, just eighties teen films.
Speaker 1: Very much so. Tad Tad Tad is the name too. If you can find watch Hot Dog the movie and also watch one called.
Speaker 4: Up the Creek looks a lie. I was very disappointed when you sent me Hot Dog the movie right. I thought it was going to be Hot Dogs. Fan made film of hot Dogs from Big Brother Australia two thousand and four, had his own late night TV show. We've mentioned him on the podcas hot Dogs are Late Friend of the Post.
Speaker 1: What a show that was. I don't recall a single thing he get.
Speaker 4: Home from being out in front of the night be one am hot Dogs? Is they're doing fucking puzzles? You can call him up like I've got him. I got on TV a couple of times calling up hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: What's hot Dogs? A good guy? Is he a solid dude, he didn't really know what he was doing.
Speaker 5: I think there's a.
Speaker 1: Reason we haven't heard of hot Dogs since the Glory Day?
Speaker 4: What is hot Dogs doing now? I feel like it's you know, hot Dog and movie hot Dogs. Let's just do it, finally, hot Dogs, big brother?
Speaker 1: What's he?
Speaker 4: What was his real name? Simon Deering? He's on his own Facebook page?
Speaker 1: Is it Simon hot Dogs Deering? No.
Speaker 4: Simon Deering, better known as the nickname hot Dogs, was a contestant and eleventh victory of Big Brothers st two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: He has since continued his career.
Speaker 4: In Australian television has he though during his childhood years he appeared briefly in the TV show Home and Away, appearing as George Fisher, a petty criminal who stole a leaf of bread from Alf Stuart.
Speaker 1: It's like lame, miserable. I'm just trying to think, okay.
Speaker 4: On July twenty five, two thousand and five, Deer was at a Cans, Queensland night club, doing a promotional spot for Your Brother. Him and an unnamed twenty two year old woman were arrested outside the club in charge with creating a public nuisance by committing in a decent act in public hot Dogs. Initial reports accepted Dealer and that was about to say hot dog. Initial reports accepted Deerings claimed that he had merely left the club to urinate. He was released on one hundred dollars bail and it's September two thousand and five. Pleaded gifty to three charges and was fined one thousand dollars and that's all it says. So he continued his career in Australian television doing what if in his own page, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Know simon mate, if you're listening, if you're.
Speaker 4: Watching, Oh no, He's now a local property expert for Purple Bricks in Perth. Purple Bricks and pur Briggs once popped up on a Channel seven reality show to give a valuation for a recently renovated a house.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're watching, if you're listening, come be part of a four big discount. You know you must have a favorite South Park or Simpsons episode.
Speaker 4: He's the one did the turkey slap? Right a turkey slap?
Speaker 1: Was he? Was? He the turkey slapper?
Speaker 4: Hot Dogs Turkey Slam. I'm pretty sure he was the turkey slapper, wasn't he That's where he got his name.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I think he was hot Dogs when he came in, Uh hot dog turkey slap. We need to find out why why he is nicknamed hot Dogs and then we can maybe talk about Aspen.
Speaker 4: The Big Brother Turkey slap incident changed reality television forever.
Speaker 1: It really did. Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Just it did like we were glorifying sexual assault. Michael John Brick held down falloy contestant Camilla Severi while Michael Ashley Cox pulled down his pants and slapped it on the face with his junk.
Speaker 1: With he's junk. I'm not going to say it kickstarted the me too movement, but it may well have.
Speaker 4: And Prime then Prime Minister John Howard at the time called for the entire show to be canceled immediately.
Speaker 1: Not a fan of this turkey slap.
Speaker 4: No, anyway, let's get back to it.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to what. I liked a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: What did you I just liked the ooh and that the montage and sports training, sports treating and try saying it's being rich, isn't it. Oh, they give him some food, it's like to take it away. That's what being attached is like you do you taste little bits of what it's like to be rich.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 6: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 1: Trivia time.
Speaker 4: Your first question, Guess how many questions?
Speaker 1: I've got four? Five? Wow? We five questions. What stage the condo development are they up to when they offer to sell it to the parents.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say it's stage three, they're up to phase four? Phase four?
Speaker 1: What's phase two? Give me the first question?
Speaker 4: Name of the ski instructor A stumper?
Speaker 1: Stumper? Yeah, baby's friend. His name is Stumber uh Ted has been skiing for how long? Well? What's my second question? Twenty two years? Yes.
Speaker 4: My final question for you then is oh, I'm gonna give you the answer to give me the question a jeopardy style.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty five people? Thirty five people? Yeah, I just don't writing the questions down.
Speaker 4: It'll come to us at some point. Oh you don't know, he no, I'll type thirty five. It appears once on here, So is it at the youth center. I'm sure we'll come to it. Oh, thirty five people died.
Speaker 1: At some point? Oh? Yeah? Five buil dad on that on? Yes, that's it, yes, because he returned because the pet cemetery. Guys, how good is that? Yeah? You don't want to be up on cat No you're not there? What is it? Not that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Not rd? Yeah, but but he doesn't say right. He says right? Does he?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Right? It's called a ride, isn't that? Think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Anyway, one of my favorite characters in so FI, shall I ask you one question? Done? Tad is taking Heather out for what? Oh, some sort of drink?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: It's more dish dish? What is it?
Speaker 4: It's fondu fon do all right. The first time I ever had fondue was New Year's Eve on the waterfront. It was fucking fantastic.
Speaker 1: Now did you ever sweet fond or a savory?
Speaker 4: So basically it was like a chocolate fountain. Okay, then so with fiter rolls down, you dipped your profer roll in the chocolate as it was like warm and just fresh, melting, flowing, delicious.
Speaker 1: I had my version of fondu, which was like take a Teddy Bear biscuit you put it in your chocolate quick. Ah. Yeah, I was seven years old. I was a born saphisticate.
Speaker 4: My version of that is dipping my uh not Teddybear biscuit, but they called teit. But not the chocolate ones, just the Teddybear biscuits, the bigger ones into NaN's coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so good.
Speaker 4: So soggy biscuits different. I don't like coffee but them. But those biscuits are the arnts, A right arnts, I believe, so the big Teddy Bear biscuits dipping coffee delicious.
Speaker 1: By the way, Soggy biscuit also was another meaning, but we won't talk about that. Don't google it. Don't google it. I do not doogle it. But the liver dart.
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Sign, Fouled, Tails of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger disc Out, Going down to south Park TV launch pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cover of coffee.
Speaker 1: Fick God, it got here, So.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and support your palace guying down there today at patreon dot com. Slash four Finger Discount link is an description of this podcast.
Speaker 5: I love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 1: You love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 5: Weed didn't need cheesypoofs.
Speaker 1: Weeed be.
Speaker 4: Time for our four some cheeseypoofs before we get into our review of Aspen. Starting with the lovely Kady Gene with her one hundred dollars support and our mentor Andrews. I got notification yesterday with his fifty dollar support.
Speaker 1: Once again, out man Andrews.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for continue to support us guys here at the fourthing of discount Slash going down to South Park Network. Also shout out to our men, Elliott j O'Neill. He you're not going tour tickets to Aw's Grand Slam, going to be in Brisbane in February next year, So shouting Elliott. Also the following is coming out, who's coming out?
Speaker 1: Who's going to perform with this?
Speaker 4: It'll just be the our man, Luke Perry soon Jogger Boy, Jay Perry here'll be there, Jungle Boy anymore. He's not anymore. No, he's just Jack. He's just Jack Perry. Yeah, he's Justck, just Jack Perry. Just Sean Hazen for a comeo, a cameo Jonathan Rossi as well Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Seawan dv Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlup, Kevin Dentzel, Planned flood Shennan and Hofer, Bella winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod Lewis Cavanaugh, Matrel, Even, Reese, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle Preston Murray, to Lee and Riquez, Ja Mesado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hallier, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe rid and Say, Dave Prenzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Dami Miller. Thank you so much, guys for being cheeseypoof supporting is here at the going down the South Blake.
Speaker 1: Network legends, every single one of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are keeping the lights on here all right, mister Davis, It is time now for us to get into our review of Aspen. Original edit for this episode was March thirteenth, two thousand and two. It was written and directed by Trey Parker, which just seems to be the way of the show's going now for every single episode.
Speaker 1: It certainly seems that way.
Speaker 4: Yes, says he featured music Don't You Bracket for Getting Out Brackett by Simple Minds Take on Me and the Safety Dance, which was by Member that Hat, Member that Hats. I suppose I always, I always just think it's gonna say pants remember that pants with there let us single? Are you problem?
Speaker 1: How did you a? Kick off with Davis kicks off at the Which house are they at?
Speaker 4: Are they at Cartman's house? I'm assuming it's the Brolski Yeah, well that Butter's house?
Speaker 1: No, I think that. I think they were either the Marsh or the broad Losk house.
Speaker 4: Either way, all the parents that are talking about how the time share?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what's his Butter's Dann's name? Chris?
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, first of all they're saying, oh, we're friends by default now yea friends, yes, because that's our kids.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. Kids are friends that we're going to be friends. So about Chris Butters has the wonderful bright idea of well, I read this ad where you know you can get a what is it a weekend at a condo and Ausceman. We got to do is sit through half an hour of time share? What do you call it? Presentation?
Speaker 4: By the way, the subtitle said void filler, not boy filler. Maybe it said void. Okay, then I've written what the subtitle said. It said void. But you said boy, right, I said boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's boy or void.
Speaker 1: It's a very good question. We spent five minutes on that bit, Trey. I know you're a comic genius worth nine hundred million dollars, but I like my joke better.
Speaker 4: He created this adult only joke for him. Well, this is the hot dogs up late. Yeah, South Yes, but the boys watching TV come and pisses on butters.
Speaker 1: I get the jokers like you.
Speaker 4: Bet you didn't see the man, But I thought, eh, I can sort of do without this ship these days.
Speaker 1: As silly as it sounds.
Speaker 4: If you like the show, the south Park by season six has outgrown this version of comedy, like the fart gags and that kind of true.
Speaker 2: Look, you guys, but ites is asleep. He's such a douchebag. Hey, you guys ever seen this drig When some we're sleeping, you can take a glass of warm water and you put your hand in it. Yeah, and then one and then you pe on it. You're supposed to put their hand in warm water. Don't it makes tempy?
Speaker 1: Eh? Really, neither rivers feel good that U can'tman piste on the It's just especially because he just misunderstood the gig.
Speaker 4: Well, but Butters is just so Yeah, it's true, he wasn't trying to do it for a hard but he didn't see that coming. That's what the show creators were doing. But Butter's is just so he's just so innocent. But there's the point now where I feel like he's just almost a bit pathetic, a.
Speaker 1: Little bit playah as is Butter's way.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sticky, Yes, Christ he always gets sticky, suggests Aspen and that, so we can't afford that. No, we're gonna time shared. Then you have to tend to me for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: We're going to Aspen.
Speaker 4: South Park in Aspen, everyone's rich, they're doing cocaine, you know. And they arrive at the Aspen Heaven timeshare community where unfortunately, the next morning they will get ready to go skiing. Butters and Eric are still asleep and they're getting ready for the skins. I said the timeshare host and arrived, what were their names? I didn't write them down. I want to say Phil and Josh, Phil and Josh, okay, we'll call them that anyway, Phil and Josh the Times Share hosts can't come down laughing though, saying that he's given Butters a hitler again. I was like, Ah, this isn't great, is it? I did like stands, No, I never happened. But basically hitler is that he wipes his feces on Butter's face.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, a kin to a dirty Sanchez.
Speaker 4: You could just draw a mustache on his face.
Speaker 1: You could do that. Also Part two of Guy correcting Trey Parker's comedy Chops. Why wouldn't you call it a shitler? Yeah? That makes more sense that was, doesn't it. I enjoy I enjoy working with Brandon Dando a great deal. Did I just call you Brandon Dando? Probably? Probably, that's how much. And joy working with Bradley. With Bradley here, But Trey, if you want me to come work with that's all I'm saying. If you want me to put up some of these gags, I think they could use them big wreck on this ship. But yeah, why wouldn't you call it a shit ler? And but yeah, it's it's no good either way. I found this out the other day. I saw this the other day and it was actually pretty interesting. We all know about Marie Condo, the whole decluttering thing. You know that. You know Marie Condo. Yeah, she's the Japanese lady. Have you never heard of this? She's the decluttering expert. But yeah, she's the Kis of Skip. The question she always asks is, you know, if you're going through your drawers, like, oh, I don't know if I want to want to throw this object out? Does it spark joy? That was the big question for a while. So does this spark joy? It does? Okay, I'll keep it. This one does not spark joy. But you can't say everything a collector has sparks joy? Right, all everything behind you is clearly sparking joy. There's so much joy in this room it's insane. This person came up with antle turn to called the pooh test. If an item of yours got some pooh on it, would you clean it or would you throw it away? Now imagine the poo's on on. It's like, okay, well, yeah, I clearly you don't need this this much. What if your cat had poo on it? Would you keep the cat? Would you clean it don't clean the cat anyway. Think about that.
Speaker 4: The pooh test, Yes, the pood test. All right, So the guys there suggest that, you know, don't go skiing. Just come to the presentation first on be half an hour, be done. A note having a great time, you enjoy the day, enjoy the rest of your morning.
Speaker 1: Speaking of having a great time, if you're gonna get skiing, you're gonna be having a good time. What does you always say?
Speaker 4: You dont can have a good time, you can have a bad time. You have a bad time.
Speaker 1: You do that you're gonna have a bad time one of those lines.
Speaker 4: Definitely, that was just killed it in the writer's room, and I just wanted to say as many times ass to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, I think it became a bit of a catchphrase, have a bad time, to have a bad time.
Speaker 4: But I tell the boys that we're gonna go do this meeting. You will meet you at the slope. But what's a good bunny slope?
Speaker 1: Bunny?
Speaker 4: So yeah, butters and smells the poop.
Speaker 7: All right, little dudes, great to see you out here. My name is Thumper and I'm gonna be your cool.
Speaker 2: Ski instructor MANIX campaign.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take it slow, take it easy.
Speaker 7: Make sure everybody has a good good time, because what is skiing about having a good.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 7: That's right now. Just a few safety things to keep in mind. First of all, look straight ahead when you ski. If you look down, you're gonna fall. You're gonna have a bad time. Also, be aware of skiers around you. If you run into another skier, your skis are gonna cross, gonna have a bad time.
Speaker 1: She rais apartment. We have a good time.
Speaker 5: Hey, little dude, you got some crap right here?
Speaker 2: That's my face, sir.
Speaker 7: Okay, We're gonna do this without any pulls until we know our two primary feet positions. To go slow, we wedge our skis together in the shape of a slice of pizza. Then to go faster, we put them parallel like French fries. You see that pizza French fries, Pizza French fries.
Speaker 1: I personally think the pizza and French fries technique is a good one. I've devastated my life, but it looks like it would work. Yeah. Generally called the snowplow. When you put your skates in.
Speaker 4: The pizza position, and he has had a ski fast and slight as the pizza French fly as you were saying. Then he asked Mike to go first, and then he just crashed into the cabin. He French fried when he should have been. He's gonna have a bad time.
Speaker 1: Like that. He points out the Butter's like, you got some go it's some crap in your face. That's my face.
Speaker 4: Ye did he say that's just you got a little crap, that's my face, sir. The parents say that, you know, we can't a four a time share. It's only eight thousand dollars, guys, you know share time time shared like mine means one and reo means reo. But I loved Randy. Randy was very much me in this situation where they're saying all this stuff, and he goes, so it's not.
Speaker 1: Ourns someone that actually can sleep through all the books, Yes, but not doing it in a sort of mean way to saying.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is it's not actually mine though, but just try saying it. I've got a little place announcement. But the luncheon is on. Just go get a free lunch. It's gonna be great, you know. It's like, well we've already we just want to have free What is it a free what they what are they getting in a weekend? It's the free weekend or whatever. We've been here for thirty minutes. Yeah, it's like, well, no, no, this isn't this isn't it that the luncheon is the meeting. Snow cartman's exhausted, just laying in the snow.
Speaker 1: The skier rocks up Tad for these lackeys. What Tad mccowski I think is his name.
Speaker 4: It sounds like about right, yeah, shooting mcgavn of the the ski world. And he's just making fun of stands.
Speaker 1: Do stand dis player? Are so cool? Here? Didn't he? He's like, who are you? What are you talking to me?
Speaker 4: The best part was headed though, that that slavey. They coming up later, but it's now time for lunch. It's nice to feel rich, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Lobster fil mignon and yeah, just get a little little sample of it. Just got a little taste of things that you can't afford more.
Speaker 4: If they can leave, just first turn your card over. You got the stick You got the red sticker.
Speaker 1: He's got the red sticker too, because I got like I got something, But she got the really good thing. I mean, it's like a like a she was the winner Winter Chicken Dinner. Oh yeah, what do you call it? Is it tag Hoya the watch, like a tag Hoyer watch.
Speaker 4: Or something a picture of it, something like that. It reminds me, judge, you one of my favorite cases of all time. Right, and technically, you know what, she overruled and gave the plaintiff the money, which I don't think technically than anything wrong. This person took a picture. The listing was for a watch on eBay, right, but it just said it was misleading to an extent. But technically the words were that here's the picture of what you're going to be getting.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: They sold them a piece of paper of a photo a watch. It is technically that didn't break the rules. It's morally horrific, but I'm like, you know what, you foul for it smart and nut mate.
Speaker 1: You've heard the story about the the exchange between the person and the bank. They're like, you always fifty dollars in late fees. He goes, well, I'm an artist. Here's a picture of a spider. This is valued at fifty dollars. So I've heard this. Yeah, and the conversation just went on for god knows how. No, no, you always fifty dollars. I'm like, yeah, I know this, this is a piece of art value to fifty dollars. There you go. It's like, no, you don't understand fifty dollars. Yeah, fifty dollars worth of art. Here you go. That's not worth money. No, No one was going to back down or they just get trolling the person with like this has been valued at fifty dollars by whom hard experts. They would not pay the birth artists. It was just so great, like there you go, paid in full picture of a spider fifty dollars. That's so great. Oh my god. You got the red sticker. They got the red sticker. They got the red sticker. What's the red sticker? Well, that means if you come up to the condo sales office, you'll receive one of th read great prizes.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, we did your meeting.
Speaker 1: And we did your lunch. We're finished.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, fine, I mean we would only take a second, but I mean, you know, what did we do for you except give you a free condo for the weekend.
Speaker 1: It seems like you just at least come up and see what prize you all ride.
Speaker 4: And standing Kyl they're trying to ski like is crashed. Then Tat arrives again. This is where he mentions Heather.
Speaker 1: Hell's Heather, that's the heall of rock up.
Speaker 4: Then she she's like, you know what, standing, I just I need someone else, you know, someone's got more of my needs.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Stan, but Ted's got all the ripes. That's like, who the fuck are you? There might be time to sort of name check of because they of course, this is based on Hot Talk the movie, and the K thirteen is actually a reference to the John Cusack comedy Better Off Dead, which has lost skiing in it, except there they ska that they ski the K twelve at the very end. This is clearly one more extreme that it's the K thirteen. But yeah, mentioning all the right moves. It's the Tom Cruise teen movie from the eighties. Uh, there's all manner of stuff in here.
Speaker 4: I mean, I thought they agree to an extreme racing showdown. The geek girl that we see later on fated in the whole episode. She's fantastic and she very much reminded me of do you know movie real genius with Val Kilmer.
Speaker 1: Of course I do. Yeah. Yeah, she reminded me of Jordan.
Speaker 4: Yes, go with her stare, She's everything you've ever wonted. Well, that's it, that's exactly Jordan Nighttel eighty seventeen film, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Played by an actress named Michelle may Rink, who was the Nona writer before known a writer existed, I'd be crushing. Uh what else? I was disappointed because I found out that this episode of adding what two thousand and two did we say? I think it was two thousand and two? Yeah, yeah, because they keep referring to the Youth Center as the Center. Ah. And there's a movie called Honey with jessic her album where she's a tip hop down. Yeah. I don't know if everyone takes the piss out this, but she's got the loaders to say, I do chip up down the Center and she keeps calling it the center, well like Anson Center the late race Card Drive, And I thought, are they taking the piss out of Honey? They couldn't have, because it came out a year late.
Speaker 4: I've never seen Honey, but I know exactly the cover. I've seen it, just head down over her face.
Speaker 1: I've got the low rise jeans looking on Jessic gar Alba. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: I realize it was Jessic gar Elber. Okay, she she had a time, didn't she She had a time?
Speaker 3: She back.
Speaker 4: No, she just just like, I'm done with this shit. She's just well, No, she.
Speaker 1: Found it like a company making nappies and skincare, and she just worth like a billion dollars. Yeah, and then but she recently made an action movie for Netflix called Trigger Warning. Why It's not good? No, doesn't sound good. It's okay, it's good.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a nineteen ninety six. Oh yeah, Nicholas Cage film.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Warning, it's amazing. That's taken so long.
Speaker 4: Who is the star of Trigger Warning nineteen ninety seven? Who's going to be the main star? I feel like it's not quite a Nicholas Cage title, Trigger Warning.
Speaker 1: It's could be a Travolta film. No, it's yeah, yeah, yeah, it's goool starting to fall from great.
Speaker 4: Who's the next level up from cigar cigar? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it cigar band? Damn?
Speaker 4: Perhaps I feel like he's the next level down.
Speaker 1: Right the way I see it around this around this time, when you've got your purely action heroes may not actors who do action like Nicholas Cage, Stallone and Schwartzeger a top tier with Bruce Willis there as well, I guess, but he's also doing acting below that is band Damn and Sgul below that. I don't know. Chuck Norris has probably faded out by that stage. Well.
Speaker 4: When was conn Connair was ninety six?
Speaker 1: Was yeah, yeah, but I mean Nicholas Cage had you know, won on oscar Uso beforehand. He's making action movies, but you wouldn't necessarily just tuger warning. Yeah, I think it's a Sigol movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can buy that. It's like under Siege. I watched Crimson Tie for the first time the other week. That's a damn That's a very good movie. Fantastic Cars, unbelievable one happened where I was like, no, what's great about this movie? Nicola pause, I'm like, I don't know where this is going.
Speaker 1: You don't know, correct Abo the late great Tony Scott, Very good movie, very.
Speaker 4: Good movie, Crimson Tired, highly recommended, Viny Kids by the Way, Kids Are Home, Holy Sick.
Speaker 1: Shann continue. You mentioned your song parody before where's your hint? Where's your hand? At? Very good? By the way, I was thinking of like in the nineties when Hugh Grant was becoming a thing after you know, being in rom comms and all that, was like, what if they tried to make him an action hero and his actual movie called Taking Umbrage and Taking Umbrage too. Slightly miffed anyway, but let's continue with.
Speaker 4: And stands well, So basically the start of the extreme showdown right, Yeah, the races over standards, He's gets slaughtered.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, you gave it your best.
Speaker 4: Shut it's old Jesus as if you.
Speaker 1: Then the nervous team. We never get a name or nervous team? Is it? The already hot chick? Is that what they call her? I think something like that very much. She well, she is all that. Yes, she's Rachel Lee Cook from She's all that.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you know she thought stand was very brave and she mentions the dance and she runs up.
Speaker 1: That's that's her. All the cool kids are you know at the at the youth center, yes, and all sort of dropping. I love the yo well and of course, well we'll get to it.
Speaker 4: Yes, but the parents are skipping the line now because you know they've got their little pass BRP.
Speaker 1: Passed, takes them all the way to the top and there's another meeting. Oh hi, guys.
Speaker 4: They had me at that point. I thought, Oh, it's the joke going to be that the fact that you know they are actually nice people and these guys now should have felt guilty.
Speaker 1: No, the boys that arrive.
Speaker 4: At the dance and everyone's trying to be cool and like, these guys clearly have an agenda of their kind as well, trying.
Speaker 1: To see all they reminded me. School is right.
Speaker 4: There was a crew called the Red Frog Crew and they were sort of like the Christian Community crew that we were down there saying, hey, guys, if you ever need a bottle of water, some Red Functions manager, you just come down and see us.
Speaker 1: And you're like, I will come.
Speaker 4: Down and get some bottle waters and I want to go to seven eleven and pay this lawn no flu the roof prices. But like they get they're like, now his panthon to be a guard.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about a guy with long hair and some crazy ideas what it was And you're like, James, Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Red Frog crewmember once you know they did they bought I mean legends right, they didn't. They didn't convert me or anything. But they went to the bakery. There's a bakery there in Lawn and had awesome pies right now. Was selling pies all all night. All night, was getting these pies. The Red Frog crew basically bought like a hundred piles. Was just handed him out for free. Like you know what, I ain't gonna believe your ship, but thank you for the pie. You're you're a top top just for this.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to devote my life to Satan.
Speaker 4: For me while I'm walking three k to the local supermarket when the first I told you this story, right, no, get to schools and Lawn and obviously can't drive a car yet. I haven't did it my license at that point. And we're drinking anyway, but the camp site's about three k's it was three point one, can I think it was when we looked at it on their phones. To the supermarket it was a food Wise.
Speaker 1: The supermarket, yes, nice place, insane markup.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I bought three killers of sausages from there, and I had a portable barbecue.
Speaker 1: I think I've told you this right.
Speaker 4: I think I've heard about on the way back to my campsite and saw the sausages for two dollars each and made a fucking fortune, paid for a beer for the whole week.
Speaker 1: Basically, forget a Froehman. We're looking at the sausage king right here. Always been just hustle, the hustlers hustling. Meanwhile, I'm the guy who buys the sausage. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, so they've gone to the dance and everyone's trying to be a cool and then Butters does his awesome dance.
Speaker 1: Every inch of every inch of my buddy Butters. I just don't.
Speaker 4: I don't see the hate on Butters. Just everyone seems to hate the kid.
Speaker 1: I don't. I can't. He's just so guileless and lacking in cool. He has no he has no riz, as the kids say, yess, But then having no riz gives you your own kind of riz.
Speaker 4: We do introduced to Tad here, though he arrives well, he gets up and sings a song about Tan Dush.
Speaker 1: By the way, it is Tad's dad who wants to tear down the youth centers. His dad is it. Pick up on that, and you can probably build like ski Lodgers or something like that, as is always the way in movies like that.
Speaker 4: Tad ten years later is the guy from Billy Madison, the tweeby guy, the one one who's trying to take over that the family business. What's his name? Is the guy from the West Wing.
Speaker 1: It's Bradley. Yes, yes, what a good heal, very luck so.
Speaker 4: And they suggest that the rematch rematch hate ooh what they getting the K thirteen? This is probably my favorite of the whole episode. But that's the most dangerous run in Noli of American.
Speaker 1: But tell you the whole convoluted thing about the Native American tribe. And yes, even the way will children with no eyes or something.
Speaker 4: That's coming upsal stand stand dout to him. He's never been he's been sucked in. Basically, I can do it for Heather.
Speaker 1: You don't forgot there is.
Speaker 5: Stan.
Speaker 2: You can't let that Tad guy get to you. Screw him, dude, dude, he's got Heather. You don't even know Heather. I know, I know, I look, I can't explain it, but I have to do this.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna die.
Speaker 7: I mean, how bad can the K thirteen be? O?
Speaker 1: K thirteen. You don't want to go down that run. That run's got a history.
Speaker 6: Thirty five people have died gone down it, and some say you can still see that go south now. I was on that very ski run that a group of students were killed by a wolfboy who escaped.
Speaker 1: From the mental institution.
Speaker 6: You see, that ski run was once a burial ground to a tribe of vampire Wichika Indians who ate the flesh of children with no eyes.
Speaker 1: A lot of history on not Ski run. Thank you, calls like I can't lose another friend? How dire can it be? Well? What's his name from?
Speaker 4: For the frank? What's the old guy's name? Oh that's Ralph, Ralph? I thought maybe I was wrong.
Speaker 1: It's rough. Yeah, but this is now Well, this is a pet cemetery guy. Though he reminds me of a doom. He reminds me of that guy. Yeah, but the voice is more Judd cramned from Yes, from pet cemetery.
Speaker 4: Yes, the kids by escape from a mental indusion built in a burialground of fair Bay Indians. Was it Witchka or something Indian?
Speaker 1: Something like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first of children no eyes? Not a history of I don't run not a history because I want I just want there's another friend.
Speaker 1: Just wait, wait, do it.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the parents are still in their presentation and they insist, we don't want to presure you.
Speaker 1: We certainly don't want to pressure you.
Speaker 4: I'm a sucker for not the time share because I go into the time Share with the mentality of I'm not going to be suckered, right, But when it comes to like going to JB High fight and someone's like, you're gonna help you or something, and I'm like, now I'm gonna buy something. It's also I don't want to let the sale salesman down.
Speaker 1: You don't just say just browsing. No, you know when.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you buy a TV. I he looks for a TV. Do you just believe everything the salesman saying or do you question everything?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm the person who has, on occasion bought the extended warranty, so clearly I'm an idiot. Never buy the extended warrant. I don't need moore. I mentioned this dude once and he just looked at me like you looked at me like I had a shitler. I'm still paying it off emotionally, yes, But they.
Speaker 4: Said, yeah, super secret fun Happy prize for attending this large show. They went out and Chris says, don't blame me because he feels guilty. He's like, look, please don't blame me for this. It just said thirty minutes and I feel so over Chris. Chris is like, we have a great weekend, asking it's gonna be fantastic. It relates to me in a sense that I think I told you about a month ago. Elliott's got these two friends, Noah and at It right, and they're both no in particularly mad on transformers, and the dad's are mad on transformers. A transforms the old agies cartoons. Okay, but one of the dads had never seen the original eighties film.
Speaker 1: Oh so we didn't know about You Got the Touch, You Got.
Speaker 4: The Power, didn't know any of that, right, and he didn't know the big twist that happens in the movie, which I won't say in case you've never seen the film. Its massive changed the whole dynamic of transforming that the quickly recond because I realized.
Speaker 1: We fucked up.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyway, people who have seen the film, no one I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And so we get there right, and.
Speaker 4: We're super pumping and watched the fucking eighties Transformers movie fortieth anniversary of the film on the big screen. We get there when the kids cinema, kids having a great time, and then it comes on and it's not the film. It is four episodes from the TV series what It's a fortieth anniversary event, not the film, except Village Cinemas used the poster of the film to promote this event. So I just saw the poster and went ay and bought my tickets, didn't read the fine details.
Speaker 1: Oh ok, And I'm sitting.
Speaker 4: There going and the entire time I'm just apologizing, going, I'm so sorry, guys, I feel we all pay like twenty five dollars for the ticket.
Speaker 1: It was a special event and.
Speaker 4: The kids sitting there and it was worth it just to see the kids reactions. And Noah, the elliot's friend, sits up and turn because they're like three rows down in front of it. They turn around because they want to sit by themselves, and they're like five year old time and he turned.
Speaker 1: Gus, hey, dad, where trans Farmers starting?
Speaker 4: And it's always like people who were like genuinely wanted to be there, right, They're just that cracking up laughing, I have his kid, and about five later, it's like just the cartoon and it just goes.
Speaker 1: This is the worst creams it and everyone's just in his stokes of laughter.
Speaker 4: These poor five years thought they're getting like the moderncause they wanted to see the CGI transformed and that's what they thought they were seeing. But because because apparently Noah's dad's like, I'm gonna go see the Transformers movie and he's transformerssfor.
Speaker 1: Getting early preview Transformers one Chris Hamsworth. But it's poorly drawn eighties cartoon and just where did the farther was coming on? I can't believe that he turned to the dead kid from Dihads and the Rhapsody Hawk.
Speaker 4: And the thing is to the first half an hour was the pilot episode, side by side split screen of the cartoon and the voice actors, all the old guys reading the script.
Speaker 1: The kids are like, what's gone on here? One out of all the audience, what the fuck is this ship?
Speaker 4: After about ten seconds, I went, oh no, because I convinced that I bought the tickets and they paid me back for him, and I.
Speaker 1: Organized it and then you paid them back to pay back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I felt I mean, we'll had a good laugh match just because the kids were just cracking the ships. We made them stay the entire time just to watch them react.
Speaker 1: To God, I would have been like, this is the worst. It wasn't the worst. I was aspen Oh no, no, And I'll tell you why, because we're about to come up to mont.
Speaker 4: If you want to learn something a spot really really quickly, this is how you do it.
Speaker 1: And you know you can't back and porth take and see what's going on.
Speaker 4: What's going on before the man says, gonna call a police because it's time.
Speaker 1: They're going to a door. Hi, Hi, guys, we're here. And it turns out that the cops are actually yes, but standing us stumper.
Speaker 4: Of course for advice for the K thirteen, you do that again, have a bad time, so you're gonna good at something fast. You get it only one way, and it's the montage A repurpose for Team America.
Speaker 8: Yes, look, yes, yes, today's approaching to Given your past and you've got to reach your friend, that's when you need to put.
Speaker 7: Yourself to the test and show us a passage of time.
Speaker 5: We're gonna need a mountain.
Speaker 1: Sports training mountaine.
Speaker 7: To show that things happening, and once remind every one of what's going on, and with every shot show a little improvement.
Speaker 5: To show a woman too long, that's call a mountain.
Speaker 8: Support to go from just a beginner to broth.
Speaker 5: Always did you know that?
Speaker 4: By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfold, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the movie Guys. Plus you also get early and ad free access to four Finger Discount Going down to south Park TV launch pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Fie, God, it got here, So.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and support your palas guys down there today at patreon dot com. Slash four finger Discount link is in the description of this podcast. So the kids then look at the photo of Kyle during the montage. He's looking at the photo.
Speaker 1: I'm going to lose my friend. It's so dramatic, and of course Butters gets another hitler.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does a shitler. We've changed yes, and they officially called a shitler. It's officially it's cannon and I really it's just a little detail but I really like the way that it faded to black at the end of the montage.
Speaker 1: Well, you fade out, you have to fade out.
Speaker 4: Yes, the police are now there to take details, and they start pitching as well, well, I think you need to be arrested, but giving up this amazing deal, you should be arrested. So book them Danner. Danno's the perfect cop name, isn't it, Book them Daniel. So they threaten them with the guns. Basically they're going to have to buy these shares now that this is the last resort. You know, guilt trip didn't work, the guns coming out.
Speaker 1: It's time now for the race.
Speaker 4: Powder fresh, and the stage is set and Tad chops down a tree to slow Dashed down. He throws some sand. It's just you're basically your.
Speaker 1: Classic You're in levels of sabotage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to the point where it's but no point was it raccoons?
Speaker 1: What did he have? Hamsters? Hamsters?
Speaker 4: It was gonna win anyway. It was like, I've got to do this because that's just what they do in these films. Yeah, it's the it's the subarbar gathern knocking down the fucking thing. Actually he didn't knock that down. It was people were climbing the tower, remember and have a Gilmot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except tow is distracted by the well.
Speaker 4: We thought they were breasticles, but we soon find out that they're not presticals. You may recall, yes, that it's something else standing wins and we're gonna hey, hey, hey hey. As an eighties kid, you would have just adored this, right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I love that they head it turns and they're not the actual versions of the song of the song. Don't know because you hear.
Speaker 4: It's not a carry ouky version by it's mister somebody it's a slave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean Jim Kerr simple minds as a love Ooh.
Speaker 4: And it's like, oh have you ever been to Hamer Hall at night? I've been around that area in Melbourne Hall is I'm aware of. Yeah, there's this Asian guy that does karaoke there really badly. He's been doing it for like a decade now do you know that I'm talking about. No, it's like he's become his gimmick. It's like he's spot and he gets there and he has his little speaker. It's like really low budget speaker microphone and he gets up in this goes mama, Mi, here I go.
Speaker 1: He plays it up like that plays up there.
Speaker 4: It's like the William Hunting to be William Hunt.
Speaker 1: But but like.
Speaker 4: He's just makes a fortune. Like you look at his cases, like, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: How has its? People are paying it out of ironic?
Speaker 1: I guess, Okay, so he's being ironic and people are being ironic, but the money is real. There's nothing ironic about the money.
Speaker 4: Every time I've been to Hamer Hall for a short Hammer Hall, he has been nesting in bad karaoke.
Speaker 1: Theun to the world is made for people who have no shame, it really is.
Speaker 4: And there's this one guy and I can say I know it's and it's been since proven a scam. He claimed to be homeless, right, he'd always be sitting there with his hands up like this, and to the point where every time we go, hey, it's old mate. That's an odsy thing. It's a mate, it's our mate, yeah, with his hands up.
Speaker 1: International listeners, you know we'll be aware that the strainers use the term mate. I think it's an aussy thing.
Speaker 4: Where we go you know, you know you and when they say, hey, there's your mate to someone who is definitely not your mate, and there's your mate.
Speaker 1: It is just as the Inuit tribe has fifty words for snow, we have fifty different ways of using the term mate, and particularly old mate's tone as well. Mate, mate, mate, mate, but old mate is essentially this guy's a dick, a mate with his hands up. I got one, I got one person in the group old mates up to this. You just like that person definitely not.
Speaker 4: But you know you've met your your friends when hey, there's your mate to someone who is certainly not your mate, not your mate. But let's get through this. So basically he's one that he's one of the heads. Now turning down, Tad, never go with you anymore. Just now we're gonna be able to kick that. Youth said that it's on because if you stand why why, I don't know why would in his phrase, make any difference. That's he said, because he beat didn't he Yeah.
Speaker 1: But there's always a race and there's always a.
Speaker 4: Best Yeah at the end, and as the spirits get to fly away, thank you, Yes, that was good, rest in peace. H Heather then wants him go ahead. She's oh, you ever wanted. It's so perfect, and the parents say, finally they've come to our senses and we've bought the time shared kids like, we don't want to come back.
Speaker 1: You make it their little rams.
Speaker 4: They all leave, and then Thumper hits on the nerdy get because she has stand up with somebody, of course, and then she flashes and.
Speaker 1: It turns out it is quarto qata. Yeah, we heard the mutant prophet from the nineteen ninety Arnold schwartzeendingapul the Hopan movie Total Recall quid open your Mind, which I never realized it was the sample for that dance track from the from the ninety nineties. You know that's opened your mind? No, open your mind. I might not put in the show notes. We have show notes.
Speaker 4: Show notes, you mean, like as in like the description, Well, yeah, yes, can do that.
Speaker 1: Put it in there, okay, along with the trailer for Hot Dog the movie, and another thing, all the other stuff we talked about, you and know, all the other things we talk about that get cut out because we've already gone fifteen minutes longer than we said we would.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, that is our review of Aspen, A fantastic one of the best episodes of South Park to date. Without question, It's just everything I love. I love sports films, I love with I think I love films that take the pis out of sports films more than actual underdog sports films.
Speaker 1: Yes, that makes a lot of sense, and this was a very very good pitch.
Speaker 4: I think when you're by the time of when's my birthday? Two days from now? Yeah, two days from now, I'll be thirty six when you meet your mid thirty, I think we've all had any experience.
Speaker 1: With time shifts, so if you relate to that as well, Yes, and my birthday is three days away, and yes, I've had experience with red stickets. Alright, guys, thank you so much for support here at Going Down to south Park.
Speaker 4: Don't forget rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify Review, listen to this show.
Speaker 1: If you're watching us.
Speaker 4: On YouTube, please hit that subscribe button comment below and tell us what you think of the show and anything else you'd like to take to the listener with it before we let them go.
Speaker 1: Just that you've been listening to Going Down to south Park, the podcast where you never have a bad time