Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z Radio.
Speaker 2: Before we get to our subjects at hand, and the subject at hand this hour will be President Trump's proclamation barring foreign students from attending Harvard and I just think this is way over the top, But we'll get to all of that. I got a couple of personal announcements that i'd like to make. Number one, I would like to remind everyone who listens to my show that there's no greater friend of this program, no greater person, in my opinion, who's associated with w b Z. That our great friend Jordan Rich. Jordan, as I think all of you know, is no longer the regular substitute as he has been for many years on this show because you've been deal a little bit of a medical issue. But tomorrow, tomorrow he celebrates another birthday. Jordan's birthday is June sixth, and if some of you would be kind enough to just send him a little birthday greeting, I think he'd love it. I haven't said anything to him, he hasn't said anything to me, but I know that all of you have great fond feelings towards Jordan, who still works at WBZ and runs his own company and is still very active, but he just is not able to do the four hour gigs here on Monday through Friday nights. And a great mutual friend of ours reminded me that Jordan is a June sixth baby. So you can send Jordan and if Rob or Shane would write this down if anybody misses it. His personal email is Jordan j O R D A and at Chart Productions dot com. That's his company chart c h A r T production spelled as you would expect p R O d U c T I O n s dot com. And it's not as if A miss spelling B. But I know those words Jordan at chart Productions dot com. So I hope that Jordan has a great birthday tomorrow, and I hope he has many many, many many more birthdays. As I say, he's been probably the best shape of his life. He's a he's a he's actually if anyone who knows Jordan, he's in this program where to keep in great shape. He now is is a boxer. He's not like in the ring fighting, but he's he's doing all these combinations footwork and uh and boxing and he loves it. So anyway, Jordan Rich, great friend, a stalwart here at WBZ. He probably has been at WBZ Radio a heck of a lot longer than I have, and has been a much more valuable asset to to this radio station over the years that I have. So I am he's my friend, and if you would send him a quick little email Jordan at chart Productions dot com, I would appreciate it, and I hope he will be surprised. Also, on a personal note, I spent much of the morning at the Museum of Fine Arts. I was at a program that was sponsored by a company called Day of AI. I think all of us have heard a lot about artificial intelligence. I joke and I say, I'm always waiting for some real intelligence, but very impressive presentation. Students from two Boston high schools were there today. Many of them had participated from East Boston High School in Brooke High School. These are two schools that had presented AI generated self portraits in a gallery style walkthrough with guests at the Museum of Fine Arts. There also were some of the real brainiacs associated with this group, professors from places like MIT and Carnegie Mellon and the whole purpose of Day of AI as I understand it is. They are trying to develop a curriculum in conjunction with MI T, with mi T raise in the day of AI. They were the sponsors of this program today at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, which is just such an asset to our community. If you haven't been to the Museum of Fine Arts lately, make that put that on your calendar to do this summertime, either with friends or with visitors to Boston. It is just such a great asset of greater Boston and for that matter, for the entire region of New England anyway. It was a very impressive performance. A lot of young people there is hope. Great students from East Boston High School and Brooke High School met with NYU professor Safina Ali, she's an MIT alum. There was also researcher Boston artist educator and researcher. When you there, make sure that AI learning is more accessible to students. And it's amazing the more that you learn about again artificial intelligence, what impact is going to have on all of our lives in so many different ways. And it's very important that young people who will be the future. That's the way it works in this country. This was the fourth annual Day of AI celebration at the Museum of Fine Arts in conjunction with Day of Ai and also with MI t Rays and I in the spirit of full disclosure, my namesake son, Dan Ray the third is an executive with the Day of AI and their goal is to make sure that students at public schools across America are exposed to the learning how to use artificial intelligence as competently. They're trying to develop curriculum for these schools that the public school students will get as much exposure and education in this concept of artificial intelligence creative expression, develop a curriculum. There are a lot of the private schools, Yeah, their students will be exposed to it. But the Day of AI organization, which is associated with MIT and with MIT rays, they're concerned about students across the educational spectrum, not only in private schools, but also even more importantly in public schools. So that's where I was today, and I got to tell you I learned a lot. I learned a lot just sitting and listening. There was such really fascinating people who were there, Just an amazing group of people and an amazing group of high school students. So hats off to those students from East Boston High School and the Brook High School, and to their teachers as well. These kids really impressed me and restored, as it occasionally needs to be restored, my faith in the future. Now, let's talk about the immediate future. The immediate future, of course, is everything that President Trump is doing now. I guess President Trump had a conversation today with the president of China, Jijiping about tariffs, which is a good thing. Okay, let's get that such a situation settled. I believe that yesterday he talked with Vladimir Putin, who has expressed some intention to have some revenge for the attack that the Surprise attack some have called that actually Russia's Pearl Harbor that Ukraine was able to execute over the weekend. They had one hundred drones which were basically brought in by truck. It looked as if the drones were simply in modular housing crates, but when the tops of those crates were removed, the drones, like wasps or hornets or whatever, were programmed to go to their targets and they knocked out a lot of Russian planes so that is something that is a good thing, including some of the nuclear bombers of Russia. But the President seems really focused, which I don't understand, on Harvard, and he has now issued a proclamation, presidential proclamation, presidential order, whatever they want to call it, to bar foreign nationals from entering the country if they're coming here for the purpose of studying at Harvard University. He also later on today he has instituted a new travel ban. Some would say it's a resumption of the travel ban that he tried to institute back in twenty seventeen. We'll get into all of that in the ten o'clock hour. But this is a busy president which he has a lot on his plate. And why he seems so focused on Harvard. I have read the documentation between the White House and Harvard, and more importantly, between Harvard and the White House, and the White House has seemed to have acknowledged that young mistakes had been made and that correction act corrective actions are under way at Harvard to correct those mistakes. But to turn around now and to again attempt to punish Harvard and the rationale. The rationale according to the President, he wrote yesterday our adversaries, including the People's Republic of China, try to take advantage of American hiring education by exploiting the student visa program for improper purposes and by using visiting students to collect information at elite universities in the United States. Well, that might be true, and I think that they need to. That's why we have the CIA and the FBI to make sure that those efforts are frustrated, and whether they're coming from China or from somewhere else, they're frustrated. Harvard's lawyers today have written they filed an amendment to a filing that's already before federal court, saying, with the struggle of a pen, the DHS Secretary and the President have sought to erase a quarter of Harvard's student body, international students, who contribute significantly to the university and its mission and country. Without its international students, Harvard is not Harvard. So I want to open up the phone lines here. And I realize Harvard becomes an easy target. And Harvard has made mistakes historically and has made mistakes in recent years. But for the President to spend a significant portion of his day worrying about Harvard, I think they're a bigger fish to fry again, including peace in the Middle East, what's going on with Iran needless needless to say, the border needs to be tightened up. I will give him credit for doing a good job in the border. I want to hear from some of the from some of you who are diehard Trump supporters, that's fine, some of you who are diehard Trump opponents, that's fine. We're going to talk about the travel band beginning sometime around ten o'clock. We will probably morph into that conversation. That might not be as clean a break as normally. But I just think, even if you're a current Trump supporter or if you're a former Trump supporter, is this what you're voted for? An attack on Harvard? I think there are other colleges that are much worse than Harvard. If you want why the focus on Harvard, I don't know. And I also don't think it's the right of the government to tell a university who they can accept, who they're allowed to even entertain. An application from that is that is that is micro management. That is not the role, in my opinion, of the federal government whatsoever, whatsoever. So I'm going to open up the phone line six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty and let's have a civil conversation, as we always try to do here on Nightside. Whatever your point of view, I want to hear from you on this, let's light them up and we'll be right back right after this. You may agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. All I hear that you have a thought that you can express on the radio, and we can have a conversation, hopefully a civil one back on Nightside right after.
Speaker 1: If you're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w Z Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get Roland here as we talk about Harvard University. And again the president's just his focus on Harvard. He he wrote in this this this order, if you will, this presidential proclamation. However, it's determined quote considering these facts, he says, it's not in the interest of the United States to further compound Harvard's discrimination against non preferred races, national origin, shared ancestries, or religions by further reducing opportunities for American students through excessive foreign student enrollment. Quote considering these facts, I'm determined it is necessary to restrict the entry of foreign nationals who seek to enter the United States solely or principally, principally to participate in a course of study at Harvard University or in an exchange visitor program hosted by Harvard University. I think it's a misdirected focus. We'll see what you have to say. Let me go next. I'm going to start it off here with Steven Cambridge. Steve, thanks for calling in. I know, Dan strong feelings this ad o.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't have terribly strong feelings. Have you noticed, though, the euphemism that has become very popular. We don't call foreign students, Like when I was in high school, we had a foreign student exchange. Now you don't use that word anymore. You use international student. And I mean, really, there is no such thing as an international student. An international student doesn't come from many countries. He or she comes from one country.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what I would call that a euphemism. And a lot of times words have meanings. Obviously, the term, you know, illegal aliens has been morphed into terms about undocumented immigrants, and you know it's it's whoever phrases the argument or whoever, whoever.
Speaker 3: But it's it's imprecise the word international. A student is coming from one or one country. The student is not coming from many countries in the exchange, agree with you? Harvard always uses international student and Trump uses foreign student. Well, I mean, I think I wish Trump, would you know, I wish Trump would focus on what is important in the country right now, in the two wars that are going on abroad and this whole tariff business. But I guess Trump wouldn't be Trump if he didn't go off in multiple, multiple directions.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're right on that. But now he's in a firefight with Elon Musk, and Musk today opened up a front by suggesting that Trump was named in the Epstein files, And well, yeah, did you not know that? Did you know?
Speaker 3: I kind of heard whiff of that, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and basically Musk is now claiming that the reason that the Epstein files have not become public because of that. Oh yeah, he's uh, Musk is Musk is going to war. And I just think, to myself, how does that happen? You know, everybody can.
Speaker 3: Does it surprise you that? I mean you know that I knew I knew that it was just a matter. I'm just hoping that jd. Vance will be able to go four years with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. At this point, Van's future political future, I think is inextricably intertwined with the success or failure of the Trump administration. You know, the fact that he was talking today to the to the president of China, Ziji Ping, that's a huge story. That's the story that should be leading the newscast.
Speaker 3: That's not And that's a good story if they can come to some agreement, of course it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a good story. The fact that they're just.
Speaker 3: Talking number one, Yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: Because there was a point in time when it was pretty clear they weren't talking. Steve, It's it's perplexing to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it shouldn't be because it's Donald Trump, you know. And but I mean, you know, I mean, he just doesn't seem he can't get along with anybody for more than a year or two, it seems, and then it's their their mortal enemies.
Speaker 2: But beyond that, there's two things. There's that aspect of it. Okay. I used to say of the Trump administration, he could he could pick people who were who were very loyal Steve Miller. Those types are very loyal to Donald Trump. And he could pick people who were very competent. I thought of Mike Pimpeo Pope as a very competent Bill Barr as an attorney.
Speaker 3: General, Yes, very much, But he could not.
Speaker 2: Pick people who were both confident and loyal. And the great presidents have always had around them. And whether you they're Democrats or Republicans, you know, President Obama, whether he's a good president, great president, wherever you put him, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, they all had people who were confident and loyal and for some reason.
Speaker 3: But I think again, just to close, I mean, I think these people are loyal to Donald Trump, but he's not loyal to them. I mean, I think Bill Barr, you know, is a straight shooter, and I think, you know, there was no reason for and I think I think Mike Mike, Mike Pence was you know, loyal to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Very loyal, very loyal. But but again I'm using, I think loyalties are two way street. Okay, absolutely, so for example, if you compare let us say, uh, President Obama's Attorney general, Eric Holder, you know, Holder described himself as a president Obama's wingman, and literally I think would take a figurative or a literal bullet, and others in the in the Obama administration very loyal, very very loyal, and in the Reagan administration too, and on both sides, on both sides. But we'll stay. I mean, I it's if you want to call it, it's it's. It's sort of like a president who had a great opportunity printed it away one time, was able to come back from the political rise from the political dead like a phoenix, and now it's almost like Trump all over again.
Speaker 3: Well, let's hope I as a Republican and as a Trump voter, I certainly hope he posed through and has some real successes, not only for him but for the country.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, as an independent and who voted neither for Harris nor for Trump, I still hold who of the president is successful, because if the president is successful, the country will be successful.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Thank you much, my friend. We'll talk to take a quick break. One line at six one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty. One line at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty back on night side.
Speaker 1: Right after this, if You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking about President Trump's never ending war against Harvard University, which I think is a little much at this point. It's becoming almost a personal vendetta. And I don't think it serves him well. I don't think it serves Harvard well. Uh And I don't think it serves the cause, frankly, of getting colleges to understand that they had gone in a direction where they need to allow true free speech, uh and and stifle violence that you know, speech is one thing. Violence is unacceptable. No better, no better advocate of that position than my friend Harvey silver It. Harvey, you were next on Nightsacker, Right ahead, Dan, Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: I'm calling for the second time this week. I can't resist this. Abraham Lincoln famously had in his cabinet every opponent of his the denomination m hm. He didn't he didn't mind having different points of view. Donald Trump is surrounded by yes men. Elon Musk suddenly disagreed with Trump, and now he's being attacked Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I do think, Harry, I do think, Harvey, that that some of the people in his cabinet now are are pretty good. I think Marco Rubio was was confirmed.
Speaker 5: By I'm not saying they're not good. I'm saying that they all agree with him. They they yes men in that respect. They may be talented, but the yes.
Speaker 2: Men, well, Obama's cabinet was full of yes men. Who who was in Obama's cabinet took Obama on? I mean who who?
Speaker 5: I understand?
Speaker 2: Who in Kennedy's cabinet took Kennedy on? I mean, I just think that you can, you can be a good president with a team of rivals. What you're referring to, the Doris Currents book Goodwins Current's Goodwin book. Yeah, a team of Yeah, I'm with you. I'm totally with you on that. Okay, but he's not the only one who is. Who's who had yes people?
Speaker 5: I understand that. Let me let me get to my point though. Let me get to my point. Mhm. He doesn't care anything about higher education, he doesn't care about anti Semitism. He cares about power. He is picking on America's oldest, wealthiest was prestigious university because if he can bring that to heal, he figures everyone else will fold. Columbia Columbia folded, it's getting what it wants. Harvard has refused to fold. And what he is doing that he doesn't care about antisemitis, he doesn't care about anything, doesn't care about higher education. He cares about power. He who wants to bring Harvard to heal.
Speaker 2: His war against him A lot of I think he's wasting a lot of political capital at a time when there are more important issues.
Speaker 5: I agree with that, but that is the explanation for this war against Harvard. If Harvard would have caved in tomorrow, this war would be over.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think Harvard's gonna cave and I think that, No, it's not gonna cave. He's gonna find at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: Some I mean, Harvard will survive. It's only got four years to go. They have a huge sixty something billion dollars in doownment. They're going to have to dip into it. But in the long run, Harvard will be much better off, regardless of the punishment it takes. It can afford to take punishment.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's unnecessary at this point, and I think it's something agree with you, Yeah, I mean, I don't understand it. I mean it's it's like.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying you. Yeah, Dan, what I'm saying is, I think I do understand it. It's about raw power.
Speaker 2: No, I got your point, and and you had, i know, crossed swords with him politically in your life as an attorney representing clients on the other side of the table from us. So I value your perspective and I don't disagree with it. Harvey, I gotta keep rolling here. I got a bunch of calls. Thanks as always for joining us, even if it is the second time. Sweet Thanks Harvey. I think we lost we lost the bell. Let me go to Okay, let me go to Mike and brighton Mike here next time.
Speaker 4: All Yeah, you know I'm gonna cover both topics at once. Uh Are you are? You were about news about like like CNN? Says uh. Two Chinese researchers I charged with smuggling biological pathoge and to study at University of Michigan Land.
Speaker 2: Very very aware of that story.
Speaker 4: Yep, Yes, I am, well. Uh to me, to me, to me, that's that's that's the last straw, the the that that that tells me, that tells me all all Chinese students who are who are connected to the c c P need to be kicked, kicked out of Harvard everywhere and kicked out of the country there.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: They're real danger.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't disagree with you on that, Mike, I would I would be in agreement with you. As a matter of fact, there was a professor who was a head of the apartment. I forget which department. I think it was one of the science departments at Harvard who department right, who was united served some time here, was released and he now has a teaching post at a university in China. That's all I got to need about that. But that's all I need to know about that guy. He was living in the Boston suburbs and he was basically spine. I agree with you. So if he signed a document today that said he is going to say that it was you just said that all students coming to not only Harvard, any university, as you just said, with ties or suspicions about their relationship with the Chinese Communist Party will be denied visas and denied entrance into the country. I'm with you one thousand percent. But he's now talking about painting with a broad brush. He now wants to stop everybody.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay in that part. Then then there's the Then there's the anti Semitism, you know, I mean, you know, the all the all the you know, the the Muslims groups. I mean again, by the way, you know what, you know, I lived near this area, and I've seen this for a second time at cooler at coolest corner, a whole pile of people with with all of a sudden gathered with signs free Palestine, gas is, gas is starving, Honks Palestine.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Mike. The president of Harvard is a guy named Alan Garbin. You know what his what his religious background.
Speaker 4: Is probably Jewish?
Speaker 2: Yeah. What percentage of Harvard's professors do you think are Jewish? Pretty probably have the number, but a pretty significant amount. And many of them were up in arms over what happened. Okay, And Harvard has indicated to the White House in a letter of April fifteenth, I believe is a data letter. I can go back and check it, in which they have made a whole bunch of concessions. Okay, you know, I don't know what he wants. You know, we can move from Do you think that it's okay.
Speaker 4: To well, I said, I said, I said, well, I said, the combination to anti semitism plus it's plus threat threat from China actually killing people with I got.
Speaker 2: That, Mike, Mike, I got that. We had a conversation about that, and I agreed with you on that. Okay, But now, how do you take the threat of the c C p uh sending some materials to a to a graduate student at the University of Michigan. How do you extrapolate that into a ban on all foreign students, all international students at Harvard.
Speaker 4: Well, well, well, the the other the non the non the non Chinese would be then would be the the the anti Semitism. That's all I would say that.
Speaker 2: So if they're if they're not members of the Communist Party, and they're foreign students coming to America, they must be anti Semite.
Speaker 4: You kidding me, You must be. But but but anybody, but anybody that's found that's found to be you know that that can be on a case by case basis.
Speaker 2: You've hit it nail on the head. It's on a case by case basis. You don't go in and and say we're going to get rid of everybody It's like if all of a sudden, some neighbor of yours is arrested for murder, do we say, well, Mike lives in a bad neighborhood, and there may be other murderers. Let's go in and arrest everybody in Brighton, and bullet chose him a murder.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, well, I think what happened there. I mean, Trump is just pointing outrage, you know, at the at the Molotov cocktail. You know, you know, maybe he's overreacting on that one. But I don't think the moltime blame.
Speaker 2: What he should do then, I guess, is he should have He should have written a uh proclamation or issued a presidential order preventing any foreign students or anyone from Egypt, or anyone's whose name was Muhammad, or anyone who whatever from going to a university in Colorado. I mean, that didn't happen. That happened two thousand miles away in Colorado, not at Harvard. Mike, I think you get my point. I get yours. I don't think we're ever going to agree, but I appreciate the gentility of the conversation. Thank you much.
Speaker 5: Okay, have a great night.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back on Night's Side. Got a couple of open lines six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and one at six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. We're eventually going to talk about the travel ban, which I think in some cases there are some countries that I'm favorably inclined towards that. But again, twelve countries or now they're talking about possibly twelve countries a full travel ban and six a limited travel ban. We'll get to our phone calls right after the break. Let's fill these lines up. I think it's important for you to express your opinion tonight, particularly if you've never called this radio show before.
Speaker 1: We'll be back on Nightside, Night Side, Dan Ray, I'm WBZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back we go. Let me go to Tina in Rhode Island. Tina, appreciate your patience. You're next on nightsigadhead. Tina.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, Jan, this is a great program tonight. All your callers are in great and this is my take on on Trump and Havid. First of all, I agree with some of your other callers HAVEVID is not anti semitic. And another thing, you know, COVID kind of leans to the left, and so Trump is also afraid. He thinks all these international students who who will come to HAVEVID or who have been there, He's afraid his in his paranoid mind, that they are going to end up being terrorists and bomb throwers and wanting to bring down the United States. But the intelligentsia that comes over here from other countries, that they're not that class. In my opinion, We're here to get an education. And another thing about Trump.
Speaker 2: Let me make let me make it one comment, Okay, okay. I'm certain that there are people who come to this country under the cover of a number of ways, including being a student, who come here with malign intent. Okay, But that's why we have the FBI, that's why we have the CIA, that's why we have the National security agencies. That's why we have all of the apparatus in this country which is supposed to help protect us. To find the people who are coming here with malign intents. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: And one other thing about Trump is that he's the kind of person he always says, oh if if if somebody hurts me, if somebody does something me, I'm gonna I'm gonna come back ten times. Is worse. Well, hobbit is standing up to Trump. You know, Trump doesn't like it when people stand up to him, and he just wants to crush Havid.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh so I think you've expressed yourself well. And I think that he must not have enough confidence in his own FBI and people who he's appointed to the head of CIA and the National Security Council. All of those groups are there to protect us.
Speaker 5: Uh. And I don't think paranoid.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks, Thanks Tina. Okay, just remember they're not paranoid if they're really after you, right, only kidding, that's a joke. Go ahead, you have a great night.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks.
Speaker 2: Let me go to George, who is in Fitsburg, Massachusetts. Welcome George, how are you well? If George isn't there, we're gonna put George on hold and welcome back to George. And in the meantime, let me go to Francis. Francis, you are next on nightside. Go right ahead, Francis. Okay, that's zero for two. Okay, well it should be there. Gonna put you on hold. Maybe you can help Francis figure out which end of the phone. We're gonna go to Steve in Virginia Beach. I'll bet you Steve is there. I hope he is.
Speaker 7: Hey, Steve, Hi, Yes, Hi, I'm here.
Speaker 2: That you're there, Steve. Thanks for calling in. Go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah I called.
Speaker 7: I'm a second time.
Speaker 2: Caller, all right, but we appreciate your calling. Go right ahead.
Speaker 7: That's all right. And well you were very nice and I enjoy your show and a lot of what you're hearing. If you're sirens here in Virginia Beach. Ab outside walking by, you mentioned you love Cocker spaniels, So I'm kind of doing it on the spot here phone call. But I have to agree with a lot of your callers tonight. And it's sort of like what I mentioned when I called last time, which was the Trump's sledgehammer approach. There's a flea in the house, let's get the sledgehammer out. And I don't you know he does that with everything. And you know I mentioned about the big picture last time. You know, you see, we get caught up on all these little stories. Well, if you don't have you call him little, some are big. But you know what I mean. But what does this all mean? And I think the guy that called recently tonight, it's about power from the administration and that freedoms. You know, I wake up every morning and I say, okay, what freedoms are now being threatened today that we didn't hear about yesterday? And sure enough, you know, this is the travel band and the Harvard.
Speaker 2: Will talk about the travel band, I promise you, Steve. But I'll also tell you that there are some companies that are on that travel band list that I'm not happy about having people arriving from those countries right now. And amongst those countries are and I can I'm gonna pull them up here. I didn't intend to get to them this this quickly. But here's here's some of the countries that are that are that are would be on this list. Afghanistan, I'm not looking for anybody coming here from Afghanistan at this point. Uh Iran, you want people from Iran coming here right now? Samal Ya Yemen. I mean, there's a lot of countries around there. Cuba, you know, I'm really sorry, but these are countries that that they don't let their good people leave, they export their bad people.
Speaker 7: I agree to some extent. I mean, I still think it's a case by case. I think, you know, looking into who's traveling. But here's the thing. When they had the Russian travel ban, people would go to other countries in like North Africa and then travel to the US. So I don't know if that's going to completely you know what I mean, maybe they could check with their passport what country they started from, but people.
Speaker 2: Will conno unless you have I mean, if you're trying to come here from Iran, I think you may have a tough time getting a passport in Sweden. I think I.
Speaker 7: Just yeah, so, yeah, yeah, But I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying that. Look, I'm not happy about if there are people from those countries who really want to get out and come to America. I'm concerned about those folks. But at the same time, I got to be careful if I'm the president of the United States. So the travel band I have less strong feelings about. And we'll talk more about that on the other side of the ten o'clock news here.
Speaker 1: I promise that's true too.
Speaker 7: But you know, can I just do we have a minute or so.
Speaker 2: Or are you going for You gotta be quick, Steve, because.
Speaker 7: Okay, real quickly, this isn't about well like if he's uh, people coming across the border were wealthy and had crypto. I think Donald would would you know, want them here. But it's only the poor people he doesn't like really, and of course the dangerous people too. But whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how many people are coming in from Afghanistan with you know, fifty million dollars. I mean, i'd be.
Speaker 7: Well, that's it, that's it if they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we got to look real carefully. We've lost a lot of people. Look what happened to the people with this guy who wove States visa from UH from Egypt. The bottom line is the last four years it's been the wild wild West. It's it's going to get a little tough to clean it up UH. And I will support him when he when he tries to clean it up correctly, but I'll also criticize him when I think he denies people rights and is expending his political capital improperly.
Speaker 7: Steph, I agree. I agree with a lot what you said, just case by case would be more Christian and everything.
Speaker 5: Thank you. See you've got to go all right, You're welcome, great coming back.
Speaker 2: Okay for those of you in the line, Dean, George and Christian, you stay right there. I don't know why we lost those other callers, but we'll make sure that we get them all set ready to go. On the other side of the ten o'clock News