Speaker 1: Here's a question. What would you like to hear more of or less of? On the Minnesota Goodbye. We did this on the show last week and was like, what do you want to hear less of? And people said, I want to hear less war of the Roses? And it's funny because Roar of the Roses is like our most popular researched feature. But I mean, I guess if you listen all the time, you've been listening for twenty years, it might be like, God stop, what do you want to hear less of? I want to hear less of people like leg I don't want I don't want to hear Dave talk about pretty privilege. I don't want to hear Dave talk about people leaving dog poop on the path. I don't want to hear Bailey talk about Disney. I don't want to hear Jenny talking to him about poop or how poor she is. What do you want to hear less of on the show or more of? Yesterday we said we want to hear more of Bailey's sound effects on the show. Apparently do your best one? Come on, do your best one?
Speaker 2: Well, everybody likes the Jack Kammer so rugg got got gug or falling down the stairs.
Speaker 1: See when you first did falling down the stairs, I was amazed at how accurate that it sounds, because it's very cartoony, and how you came up with that ship off the top of your head is kind of scary.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: I honestly, it's one of the things I admire about Bailly because she's so good at sound effects. My brain just does not work like that. I cannot do sound effects. I cannot do accents. I can only speak and that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, I can only speak. Well, that's good. That's a good start. We should do the game again, don't. We have a game in our in our arsenal called the sound effects game, where we pull something out of a hat and then you have to guess what the sound is. For example, I'll do one. You guess what it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a sprinkler?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wow, that was good.
Speaker 2: But I did not know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those. It's an agitating yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah. You did better than me then than I did than me did. All right, let's jump into the emails and see what we got. But do that'd be a fun topic. What do you want to hear less of or more of on the Minnesota Goodbye? Okay, this one's naturally not for the Minnesota Goodbye. That's for the show. But this one is a couple of comments from today's show from Andrew. He says, the dream topic Dave mentioned yesterday, right after my ex wife's mom died, I remember I had several dreams that she was alive, and each dream she'd be laughing, saying something like I can't believe you thought I died or something like that. It was weird that I had one of those dreams, I thought then, But I've had several, multiple similar dreams. I have dreams all the time that my dad is still alive and sometimes my mom. And I had one the other day that Josie came back baby, and I was like, is it her? Does it just look like her? But she knew where the front door was, and she ran in the house and she ran right to where her dog, Dish was, And to me it made perfect sense, like, oh, well, I guess we were wrong. She didn't die all right. Next one the Kid's menu topic, vont brought this up? Or was this on the Minnesota Goodbye?
Speaker 3: It was no, there the pot yesterday. I think about eating off the kids menu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, vont wants to legitimize ordering from the kid's menu, so they say, first, yeah, the mac and cheese or chicken fingers usually aren't that good, so it's not worth it. But I also used to get senior copies from McDonald's coffees that is, for McDonald's all the time, and only once do I actually get called out for not being a senior. But on my defense, if you sold the small coffee for seventy five cent for everyone, I wouldn't be inclined to try and buy the discounted price coffee. Okay. I also get the kid sized lemonade from Caden's Chicken though, and they've never said anything about it. That's interesting. I would never get the kid sized lemonade or kid sized nuggets or whatever. You get kid sized nuggets and a happy meal. How many nuggets are there? Like three, so there's four?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, not enough in a happy meal?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like that's a good amount for a happy meal, well.
Speaker 1: For a kid, for a little kid, yeah, But for me, I'll easily have the twenty piece nuggets more. Oh yeah, easily daily.
Speaker 4: Your order after Didn't you used to get McDonald's after Booty Cruise a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, after Booty Cruise, I would always get a quarter pounder, yeah, with the large fries, large drink, and twenty piece McNuggets in one meal and then Yeah. But when I was younger, like twenty, and I worked at a radio station, I would go by McDonald's. I would get quarter pounds of cheese, twenty piece nuggets, large fries, and a healthy item the file of fish. Yes, and my co workers i'dighed about one hundred and forty pounds at the time. My co workers would look at me like, you can eat all that, and I'd be like, no, I'm all problem. And I was a bean pole.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm not anymore.
Speaker 1: Anyway. All right, guys, I hope you're doing well. My condolences on the loss of Josie Dave. But I did see the pop print tattoo and I love it. Thank you, Love all you guys, even when I can't always tune as much as I would like to. Andrew all the way in Ohio.
Speaker 4: I interrupt real quick, just because I don't want us to forget about this. You said earlier on the show that you would tell us the story that involved someone saying something in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's dicey okay, but you're you want to hear it's a sex story.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we were talking about phrases that people don't use anymore that or maybe you still use them even though they're outdated, like that's dope or that's groovy, or that's a bomb dot com or whatever. Sick, we're sick, that's sick her foot. One of them was geez Louise, and I'd never heard that saying until I was this is why I can't tell it on the radio, and it's I don't like telling sex stories about myself because it's gross. It's like having your dad tell you a sex story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, frame it like that. Just tell us that and we don't have to think about that part.
Speaker 1: I'm in bed with Candy and she has just reached the pinnacle of pinnacleness, and I kept doing my thing, I kept working away, you know what I mean. So she's already pinnacled. Then I'm still down there and she's like pulls away and she's like, geez Louise. Oh, she's very sensitive in that area at that time.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, afterwards, you are.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I was like twenty two years old. I didn't know what I was doing. Jeez, Louise.
Speaker 2: Away she hits you in the face.
Speaker 3: Jeez Louise, goeah, and you.
Speaker 1: Never forget that, you know what I mean? Number one, I was proud because I did my job, But then I also learned stop doing your job after they don't want you to do your job anymore.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I think that's ballad, it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, you are so sensitive that like after you hit that point, you're just kind of like, okay, let's move on, Like, don't even go in that vicinity.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Louise. Okayes, then she burned down a daycare. That was the one. Okay, a true story, Okay, this one. The subject line is you wanted an odd ball subject, long but worth the read. I promise now I have not pre read this. Let's see what we get. I have to start by saying, you guys are with me when I get up at the crack of dawn, and you all join me in the shower every night with your podcast. In my world of chaos with three kids, two homely pugs. Dave's words, not mine, they are ugly little creatures and without a village to help. I'm only a little bitter about it. You guys are my constant and you never disappoint. Dave's the caring dad. I most definitely did not have Jenny's recent heartbreak. Has been constantly thinking about her, and I hope she knows she's amazing and can do much better. Bailey, you are so uniquely you, and that's so awesome and vaunts that confident little brother that's going to get somewhere in the world. Anyway, onto the auld ball subject. Colinoscope. Dave, your conversation about Julie made me realize I had to get one because Julie, my ex, died of calling cancer and she said I've had tummy issues that I hope for Hernie is her ulcers. And when you said she ended up with cancer, I knew that was my sign. I'll have an endoscopy too. That's where you go down the throat, so they'll be probing me from both ends. Hopefully if you read this, I've survived my prep day of starving half to death and the peen out of my butt has subsided long enough to shower. Do you callin oscar bey prep you pee out of your Buttah. In all seriousness, my anxiety is through the roof and I am just certain I am riddled with cancer. Luckily, my hubby and love of my life, Scott, will be the calm one by my side. Reddit told me the way more than I wanted to know, Like people saying the doctor said my prep was good enough even though I threw the drink up. How do they test that? Okay, they make you pee. They make you pee out of your ass in a cup when you get there. No, so many questions I have. Here's to not dying on the table. I've only been put under once and was convinced I was going to die. I'll have to update you if I survive. I'd love a sticker. And I hope this is too long. No, love you all. You guys mean the world to me. PS. My sister Larissa was your redheaded almost co host back in the day. Oh, I remember her. I love her. We went to Paisley Park together. I love bragging. Oh, and it says I love bragging about her going to Prince's Place with you. Dave and I don't know Larissa well, and we have to talk to you years. But she was like twenty two at the time and Paisley Park had just opened, and we said, well you want she listened to the show or I saw her somewhere. I want to go to Paisley where you want to go together? So we did cute it was really cool. No dart looking here, just anal probing. I've attached some pictures so you know what your Nebraska look bestie looks like.
Speaker 5: And I love just only anal probing. I've attached a picture to see yes, yeah, and she is.
Speaker 1: She is a normal looking thirty year old, thirty two year old woman, very pleasant, beautiful face, with three lovely kids and a lovely partner. And lindsay, let me take a picture of you. She lives in Norfolk, Nebraska. I'm not taking a picture of you, taking a picture of your address. But we are going to talk a little bit about colonoscopies. They're not a big deal. I've had probably four or five of them with my belly problems, and you know they whenever you mentioned a colonoscopy, somebody will say all the prep is the worst part. Anybody had a callinoscope, not me, And my dad has.
Speaker 2: Had plenty, so he always talks about how much it sucks.
Speaker 1: So you can't eat and you have to drink a bottle of like Mi relax or something, and it's awful tasting and you can't eat, and then it makes you go go go cleaning you out. So when they get up your heinie, there's gonna be no obstacles to them seeing you know, the pink insides of your intestines and you're calling And so the worst part for me, honestly, was me sitting in the prep room with an IV in my arm and they were running behind, no pun intended, and so I had to wait and wait and wait, watching Fox News with it on mute. I didn't choose Fox News, that just happened to be on, and it couldn't even be entertained. It was on mute. And they kept coming in and going, I'm sorry, we're running late. Took about probably an hour and a half of waiting.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Then they roll you into the room and there's like a full there's like six or eight people in there. There's like the anesthesiologist, the nurse, this guy, that girl whatever, and they roll you in and they go, hey, how's it going. Blah blah blah. The doctor will kindly pat you on the arm and say this is going to be fine. Then they give you the IV and you can feel, taste and smell that anesthesia going into your body, and you don't remember a fucking thing after that at all. You don't, even though they say you're awake during the procedure, but it's an when you lose amnesia is an amnesiatic drug. So you are awake, but you don't remember shit.
Speaker 2: Truly, right, don't remember.
Speaker 1: And then you wake up and you're in the recovery room and there's your wife or your daughter or your mom or whoever husband and they're like, oh, you're back, Oh hey, how you feeling, And you're fine, and that's it. There's really nothing to it. The worst part for me was sitting in the waiting room watching Fox News on mute. All right, I think, lindsay good luck. Here is our next email that wishes to stay anonymous. I didn't sleep well last night, and I don't usually remember dreaming, but I did have a dream in the early hours, and it included Bailey and vaughnt Ah. I dreamt that Bailey lived in a little camper trailer type of home see image below, like a little like old fashioned tear drop kind of a trailer. And then she let me and my family host a holiday there since she wasn't going to be home. Then somehow my family and I ended up at my ex husband's house to celebrate with him and his fiance and guess who was there, Bailey and Vaunt. Okay, my kids are all grown. I got a bunch of grandkids, so I would never fit in that type of a camper home. I've never met Bailey or Vaughn, so I thought of them celebrating with my exes. Funny, it was great meeting you guys in my dream. Thanks Bailey for letting my family use your mobile home to celebrate while you were at my stupid ex's house. I love you all in the show, and so I love you all, and the show is so so great with all your different personalities. I've been listening to Dave for like ninety percent of the last thirty years, and the show is even better with Jenny, Bailey and vont Keep up the great work, you guys. Ps. Jenny, you always do such a fantastic job of keeping the show going while Dave is away, and I look forward to Jenny in the morning. Zoo. Thank you for always sharing your human side. I can so relate to the anxiety part. And I'm so sorry about your recent life quake. Keep on keeping on all right.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks friend.
Speaker 5: I had Okay, I had a dream last night about this guy I'm going on a date with on Friday. One of the things that he had in his little pitch a friend thing was that he had good hair for someone in their thirties. And I had a dream I was seeing him in a play and he turned around and he had the biggest bald spot and I was like, oh, no, no, But that's what I dreamt about last night. I don't know what it means.
Speaker 1: Some guys go bald on the crown of their head, yeah, and then some guys like the hairline recedes, yeah, and some guys just both it just thins everywhere. Yeah yeah. But some guys can look totally normal from the front, but then there's a big bald part on the crown of their head. Brianna se Terry Brie writes in Hello my friends, long time, no seed, no chat checking in Dave the replacement b Blankie I got came and I'm reporting back because now she lost her blanket, if I remember right, because we're talking about Carson and her both lost their baby blanket after being an adult they were gone. Yeah, she said, it's somewhat helpful. I like having it same color and feel as my old one. I know this sentiment and memories are not tied to it, but I'm still glad I got a replacement. I think that Carson never asked for a replacement blanket because that was that was the one, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I had ever matched that blank.
Speaker 1: No, because he had it since he was literally a newborn baby, and he carried it with him everywhere to scout camp, to college on vacation, and he left it in China and we tried to call, and with the language barrier, there was just no chance. I'm a tiny bit behind. But on writing to your childhood celebrity icons, I got one for you. Okay, this is cute. I once poured my awkward, twelve year old heart into a letter to none other than Jan Brady Eve Plumb herself. I watched a lot of Nicked Knight and TV Land confessing my undying in admiration, telling me that she was my favorite, telling her she was my favorite Brady not true, and asking for a response. Did she write back. Nope, not even a thanks Kid, or even a Marsha, Marsha and Marsha just radio silence. Must have been too busy fighting Peter for middle child attention. I knew I should have went with Marine McCormick Marsha, but I always thought going with the less popular Brady was my favorite. Guess not. It's kind of like when there's a boy band and you pick the ugly one as the one that you like because you know that you don't have a chance with Harry Styles. Yeah, so you would pick Louie Louie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my sister always picks the ugly ones in a boy band. She liked Chris Kirkpatrick the best.
Speaker 1: And that makes sense because I think that when you want to have it be a little bit more realistic, you want the one that nobody else called DIBs on.
Speaker 2: And that's part of the reason I like Kevin Jonas.
Speaker 5: I remember way back when you guys would say Baby Jonas was Nick Jonas, Flat Iron Jonas was Joe, and then Kevin was Fuggs McGee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I really attached myself to that.
Speaker 5: So Kevin was always my favorite thugs well and I would call him thugs McGee ah, family love him.
Speaker 1: Uh And she says lastly, and I don't I don't mind if you read this on the podcast. I'm on day six of being off of all of my pain medication. I don't know a lot about her history, but I think that she was struggling with getting off of pain medication. Day six. Good, whoop, whoop? Best I felt in a long time. It's nothing easy. I was becoming dependent, for sure, but I am so glad I made this decision before someone had to ask me or make it for me. I miss you all. Will there be a spring clean up this year? I'd love to come if there is much of Secretarybree, I don't know if we're continuing the adopt a highway thing. We are not. We'll have to figure out some other way to get together. Go over to Jenny's house and help pain your cabinets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually, I have one so many things I could use help with, So if you all have any skills, come on over.
Speaker 3: I would greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 3: I am fucking sick of trying to teach myself.
Speaker 1: I am fucking sick, all right. That is all the time we have for the Minnesota Goodbye. They are a good amount of emails that we didn't get to, but I would love to hear from you. What do you want to hear more of, or just as importantly less of on the Minnesota Goodbye? And if it's something you want read off the podcast because you don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or something like that, then let me know. Do you can just say like, read it off the podcast, not on the podcast, or if you want it on, then let me know that too. Send any emails to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com