Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year's everybody.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you for deciding to spend your time with us today, us being me, I'm Skin. That's Kevin, Hi, Kevin Hello? And then what about right through that window? Look at that girl right there? There's Christina.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: Nice, hard to show up Ben, though not so much. Ben didn't care. Ben didn't care one bit. He has not worked since October. I know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: And then he told me he's not coming in tomorrow, and he said he might not come in Friday. Had and decided it depends on what happens with North Texas football. Thank you everyone for hanging out with us today. Are y'all partying tonight? Are you gonna You're gonna tear it up? You're gonna let the ball drop?
Speaker 2: This is the weird thing about I'm gonna let I don't think we can just let it.
Speaker 4: We don't have a choice in that it happens.
Speaker 2: It depends on whose ball we're gonna let the ball drop? Yeah? Yeah. The thing. The thing that's weird is like having the three to six shift on New yek is you have to have a little judgment. Normally people have plans. I have options. I would like to go to trees and see my friends tripping daisy. I think that'd be fun because, uh, you know, I'm not sure and that's a big problem, you know, of discussing that at three pm. But I also think, you know, do I really want to be in deep elm at midnight on New Year's Eve? Not a large part of me that doesn't know. I'd rather have my sack ripped part bad. Yeah, now my grocery sack. Yes, do you guys do the reusable grocery sack thing?
Speaker 4: I try to. It's always in the back of my car, and I always forget it, So I'm a horrible human being.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like you're trying that hard.
Speaker 4: Well, it's there, so at least I'm trying exceptually.
Speaker 2: Conceptually, it's an option for you for you to ignore. Yeah, uh, I'm not Uh, we're not going to do anything too wild. I am going to enjoy having the daft tomorrow. But then I got mav duty tomorrow night. Oh yeah, jeez, I forgot about that. And they're playing the Rockets every night. You have a MAVs game.
Speaker 1: It scene here at right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle where the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball even in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: So I like year in shows. I think it's fun. That's kind of what we're our theme is going to be today. We're going to do a year in show. Just off the top of your head.
Speaker 1: I'll start with you, Christina, Huh, do you have any favorite thing of the year, whether it's a movie or a TV show or a record or ball drop.
Speaker 4: Well, it's probably just because Kat mentioned Trees and Deep Ellum, but getting to see Jack White at that kind of secret show at Trees, because I was so excited that I was able to even buy tickets to that damn thing, and yeah it was packed. But that was my favorite album of the year. I'm obsessed with that album It's called No Name. And then actually seeing him perform that live because I've loved Jack White forever as well, that was definitely top favorite moment of the year for me.
Speaker 2: My favorite moment of the year was when Christina said her favorite moment of the year was the concert that Kat wanted to go to and didn't get to go go.
Speaker 4: Don't put it like that a lot of people wanted to go.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, no, no, I love you dunkan on k the last.
Speaker 4: Day of my two tickets, all right.
Speaker 2: I loved being in the queue at the same time she was, and we're kind of texting about it. Way fewer people in front of her than I did.
Speaker 1: I also love that she took her boyfriend, who's not really that big of a Jack White fan and has hung out with him a bunch before, and didn't It wasn't really that interested, but you your life was depending on it, and she didn't invite you.
Speaker 2: Well, lucky for me, I can go see him in May. It's so outside ballroom. No wait, it's sold out already.
Speaker 5: Dang it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I could probably get you in. I know Fred Lamar. Who's Fred Lamar? It's he owns that venue, Lamar Street. Yeah, really, that's on a venue.
Speaker 4: It's the street.
Speaker 2: But I might have made that up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: My second favorite moment of the year is when I made up the name Fred Lamar.
Speaker 6: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you guys want to play the intro? Sure? Do it for fred on friend Lamar.
Speaker 7: Some time about right now. You're right right right.
Speaker 8: One with ef it with I'll show you're gonna rue ahead be except for summer sweet pursuing in bundled out Shaw Shank through the sewer.
Speaker 3: Kid, Now what you're in at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing in three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard starting to get cracked shows that up multiply like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Two then so out break it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 7: I'm on hang out with a friend, locking it on the radio, my on's head.
Speaker 2: Talking on a lady.
Speaker 7: It's this.
Speaker 2: Vote KT Christine, all the lady, All right, it is the Ben and Skin Show, New Year's Eve. Kevin.
Speaker 1: We have seven minutes and forty five seconds left in this segment, and you've done something very special for us today. I'm gonna hand it over to you and you explain just what the hell's going on. Well, by product of being around me is you have to deal with some of the OCD tendencies.
Speaker 2: We all have them. Not a big deal, but I like organization at the end of my years. So I put out a little Google doc for our listeners to go vote on. Okay, what might be some of their favorite clips of the year. Now when they vote, they can't hear the clips, so that makes it very confusing. Oh I like this, but I have tallied the results so to in twenty twenty four. I have today the top twenty four clips from the Ben and Skin show in twenty twenty four. That's incredible. Oh wow, did you know he did that? Christina?
Speaker 4: I saw it going around where you could vote for it, so.
Speaker 2: I kind of she didn't vote. Yeah, I didn't vote, but I sent some of the clips over for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw KT do stuff on social media this year. That's basically what you have said. That's all right, now, well we'll start with number twenty four. Okay, where we go to one Ben Rogers getting things on the radio that you absolutely cannot say on the radio anytime you have something that has something else embedded in it. Yeah, you can't toast me, bro, You've never had toasted raisin bread. It's the I hate.
Speaker 4: Definitely can't see.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, did you dump it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like dump.
Speaker 2: Think you what happened to you in Mexico? My god, dude, seriously, you are so unhinged. Hey, George Carlin, take a step back and do a deep breath. What is going on. If you haven't had toasted raisin brand, you are missing out. Moved forward.
Speaker 4: He didn't skip a beat at all, no pause, no nothing like, Yeah, you can totally say this on the radio and a big deal.
Speaker 2: Just knowing him, I think he was sitting there thinking, I don't even know what I said. That was wrong going he said on George Carlin taking bread pretty good boy, and Christina went off immediately. Bro, you've never had toasted raisin bread. It's the I hate.
Speaker 4: Definitely can't see that.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, did I dump it? Yes? Like dun't thank you? What happened to you in Mexico? God, dude, seriously, you are so unhinged. I just remember I was about to say something like I hate raisins or something, and then me and Kat locked eyes like what did Benja say? Yeah? And then you were like, God, why are you putting that on me?
Speaker 4: Definitely can't say that Ben.
Speaker 2: Oh Ben, it is wrong with you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I miss him. Whatever happened to him, I don't know. Maybe we'll get him back in twenty twenty five to twenty twenty five, Ben, what a tease for our audience. Yeah, Ben's coming back with a brand new phone after he lost one in Vegas, number twenty three. We were discussing a lot of stormy weather this spring that we had in twenty twenty four. And you know, I've long had the theory that you can run away from tornadoes as long as you are twenty minutes ahead of it. You're tracking the radar and its movements in its direction. You don't have to just sit in harm's way and get demolished. What do you mean tracking its direction? Tornadoes are a haphazard in nature. There's a lot of dopware action going on. Sometimes you can tend to see what the circulation is. But then there was this accusations I made a twister reference. Man, My wife does not take severe weather seriously at all, and she knows you could also just drive away from it if it were something like that. Right now, that's the worst your path. That's the worst advice. Okay, it's the worst advice from a guy who's been outside before the show, holding the gravel in my hands, shaking it, looking up at the sky, getting a good feel for what's going to happen later. What are you a Native American? That one kills me, that one destroyed me, that you just.
Speaker 4: Leaning down, get some gravel in there, maybe taking a sniff and look it up like it's just so weird.
Speaker 2: St it Kat wearing a head dress. Oh it's doing the Bill Paxton. But you turned me into an Indian, so feel for what's going to happen later. What are you a Native American?
Speaker 4: So fast?
Speaker 2: So fast? Oh man, I won't do an accident now, Oh yeah, do that the tornado. Do that whole peace pipe thing you were talking about earlier that Christina found so offensive, say that on the air. I won't all right now, twenty four was not a great year for Garth Brooks, even though it doesn't seem like he's done anything bad, Like he's just been like there's an allegation, but we don't know anymore. That story went away real quick. Yeah, the best thing that happened to Garth Brooks was more Diddy allegations. Maybe the best thing to have to Garth Brooks is this joke that Skin made at his expense. Garth Brooks has been accused of sexual assault and battery in a lawsuit from a quote Jane row Knew It. She says she worked as a hairstylist and makeup artist for him. This complaint was filed in California today.
Speaker 1: Already dicey, since he does not need a hairstylist, doesn't he just have like a military cut?
Speaker 2: But I was already kind of thinking, like he doesn't really have hair anymore. He wears the hat, he's balding. Doesn't she just go in there and kind of blow dry his hat? Make it far. I know a lot of bald guys, A lot of bald guys. That's a good blow dry his hat, Hey, blow dry my hat. I just picked her him sitting there in one of the those mirrors with those real bright circular light bulbs all around in some gals blow drying his hat? Man, Why are you all such big Garth Brooks fans? I don't get it. Well, it's look. If it's not for you, that's okay. If you can't see that the deep nature of how great he is one of your best friends, your good friends, like a Grammy Award winning musician. George, We'll tell you Garth Brook's his favorite artist of all time, Tony. His is a big piece of our childhood for many of us who grew up in the Sticks. Is that right?
Speaker 1: George is an eight one to seven. Guy, was he like out and Crowley or something? Yeah, George a little bit older than me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know. I just it just missed me. I was too busy listening to East Coast rap.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, dude, you were in your twenties. Yeah, we were eight and we had country music radios and your parents. Your parents were forcing garth on you, real forcing it, but you were seeking out garth.
Speaker 4: Okay, they were forcing it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, man, I wanted to get to four each segment, but I think for the purposes of math and I think we'll be fine. I feel like we have a whole minute left in this segment. Well, let's come back and do number twenty one here in a second, because look, these clips again voted on by the listeners. So if you get to the top ten and you're going, well, that wasn't that the listeners voted on these by just seeing a title description of what it is and not being able to click on it.
Speaker 1: Now that's fair, And if we have enough time, I will end up coming back and ranking the top twenty four listeners. Oh here, yeah, I've got a little list of just my selections. Yeah, so that's something to look forward to. All that is coming up next. It's New Year's Eve. We're hanging out with you. It's me, it's Kat, it's Christina. We want to have a good time today, so hopefully you're not working, you're hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: I know it's New Year's Eve. A lot of people are of that mindset.
Speaker 1: We're like, all right, I'm already I'm already headed off into party land. But we have things we need you to do before you go into party land, and it's hang out with us all afternoon. KT's taking the time to put these clips together. They're very funny, so you need to kick it with us for the next two and a half hours and then go off into your New Year's Eve. It's The Been and skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle, Happy New Year's Eve. Everybody Been in Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. He's Kat, she's Christina, I'm skinned. Ben is out today. But we are celebrating the year that.
Speaker 2: Was twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: We have a Best Clips edition, so KT kind of explain what we're doing as we head into clip number twenty one.
Speaker 2: Here, what have you done for us? Well, whenever there's a you know, a specially funny moment or a blooper from the show. We like to save these clips and package them away, Christina and I do, and I'll gather them at the end of the year and I put them on a Google Doc and let our listeners vote for you know, what might sound like a good clip, because I've titled these and you never know. For instance, if you missed the last segment, you skin Garth Brooks joke, is what it would look like on the Google doc. Okay, that was good enough to be the twenty second because no one remembered it. No, they're like, I'm not voting for that one moment in time. No one remembered it. Yeah, and some things are more memorable. Maybe we'll get to those in the coming hour or two. Yeah. So here's what we're doing. We're ramping up. This is our version of the ball dropping.
Speaker 1: So at five fifty five, the number you'll I don't know, five point fifty two, you'll hear the number one clip as voted on by Eagle listeners. Now, sweet people, you can continually interact with our show on the Eagle's IG account, do it on Facebook and then, of course, if you want to get everything related to the Ben and Skin show, you can go to Beninskin dot com and sign up.
Speaker 2: We do these newsletters.
Speaker 1: It just tells you everything going on with the Eagle, with our super soaker, all all things ben in Skin. If you want to be in the loop, go to Beninskin dot com and sign up for our newsletter. Why don't we pick backup KT with clip number twenty one as voted by the listener, Yeah, I will and quick reset twenty four was raisin bread as the teas number twenty three what are you a Native American?
Speaker 2: And twenty two skins Garth Brooks joke.
Speaker 1: By the way, are we are we going to podcast all this if people miss something?
Speaker 2: I think we will. Okay, I think we absolutely will. It's bold, but that takes us to number twenty one. Now there is a listener of the show, a friend of all of ours. His name is Adam Kek, and his name is very important for the purposes of this clip. Okay. I actually a couple of weeks ago had dinner with Adam Kek and he he said that he bought five shoes in one day, and.
Speaker 1: He meant five pairs of shoes, five pairs of shoes. Yeah, I have one odd shoe.
Speaker 2: Which I don't know that. I'm being incredibly honest. Yeah, I don't know that I've bought five pairs of shoes in the last ten years. I get some I get some pretty good mileage out of my boots. I've what or my shoes?
Speaker 4: Are you wearing cowboy boots?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, okay, are you trying to apologize to Garth in case he heard that last last segment.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing cross trainers, but I wear them down pretty good. I'm gonna quickly before we hear this. I'm gonna say a couple of one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stereotype women and then say something that I think is a compliment for Christina. You know, a lot of women are really into shoes. It's like it's a whole running riff on the show Sex and the City. Carrie Bradshaw, Oh my god, my shoes. You know that whole thing. It's stereotype. I don't feel like you're a big shoehound.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking I might have at least five pairs of shoes. Yeah, and maybe that's it.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things I really like about Christina. I like that she's she's someone that we would call a down ass chick, like you know she Yeah, she can roll with the dude, she can roll with the girl. She's unpretentious, she's just you know's, she's just not all worked up about a bunch of stuff that kind of drives men crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And so having settle that, I bet I have ten times as many shoes as Christina has iss I stereotype women probably. I think I've probably bought six or seven pairs of shoes this year, I would imagine. But the dude you're talking about, Kek, is the kind of guy that you know, every time I see him, he's got a different pair of sneakers on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a straight up sneaker whore. Yeah like that. I spend all his time on stock X and all this stuff. So let's hear what you're talking plaining what stock X was until talking to him. Oh so here we go, Number twenty one. This is about ostensibly our friend Adam Kek. But you'll see what Ben did. You'll see what he did. Okay, those are the most expensive nikes, right, I think, so, our buddy Adam Kek has those. Yeah. Yeah, but man, that guy he's got a shoe problem. When I watch him wear those shoes, I'm kind of a keck hold damn because his name's kek.
Speaker 1: We will regain our broadcasting license in three two. What you know, I expect it from him, you know, from him that guy, yeah, Adam, but from you Ben.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: See, everyone's well crazy Ivan. It's even though we played a clip in the first segment of Today Show of being saying a word that you can't say on the radio. Huh. He doesn't say oftentimes a lot of shocking, like if you were to it would be you and I and yeah, sometimes Christina sometimes Christina, which it's really fun when Christina does.
Speaker 4: I keep mine off here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Oh dude in the breaks, if people heard that Christina would have been canceled years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. She comes in sounding like, oh like the Edgiest comedians. Remember when she sounded off on our part timers who were just trying to learn the board.
Speaker 4: Yes, just no patience over here.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just remember going thinking English okay, but you kept it to yourself. Yeah yeah, if they if there were analytics tracking like Edgiest comments or jokes. You're just trying to get a quick one, to get a rise out of the room or whatever. Right, it would be you, and then it would be me, and then it would be Ben in Christine in a distant third place. Yeah, I think so. So when he does that and then everyone's like, come on, Ben, yeah, I know, and then make it a bad pun.
Speaker 4: Be better than that.
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, we hold you to a higher standard. No we don't. He won one time. He said Elmer was making a glue show. That was amazing.
Speaker 1: He just said Elmer, It wasn't even it was just a he just acknowledged a brand of glue.
Speaker 2: What a weird moment. That takes us to number twenty. Yep. This actually happened earlier this month out at the Chuck Talk casino. We were doing our show. I believe it was the night that Sticks was there. Oh, great night we were doing our show. Yep, I want one hundred dollars playing black jack. It was a great day for me. He walked away for five minutes and came back with a hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: That was nice. Yeah, a new one to quit. Yeah, but there was a bunch of chairs set up because these this group, this choir was going to be doing some Christmas carols outside the food court where we were broadcasting, like right after our show. So we were talking to them. The guys organizing it were doing a sound check and all that stuff. What do you think the demo was of the singers had to be seventy and up. Yeah, there wasn't a single person under seven, and several of them had walkers. Yeah, so you can kind of hear the piano, and this is what happened. Man, they're trying to sound check. Dude, they're doing a great job. It's beautiful. It's beautiful. Let me put my hands on your hill and under the rainbow, under it. Over, it's over. I like, Daddy, just shooting lower. I'm like, glad you have been doing an album slightly slightly on the standard, making it his own. Well, we all need to shoot lower in life. We live in this world where our dreams are too big. Let's reel am a little bit, but still have sentimental moments. I did someone else Mary had a huge ass bell standards, small memory mistakes on every song I didn't someone else's. I'm going on an apathetic journey. Oh, Baltimore. Can you imagine getting the family together and going to Baltimore? No, I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Maybe he saw those walkers like you were talking about and figure, you know what, they shouldn't jump over the rainbow, shoot.
Speaker 2: For under under the crater to his Oh no, it was under. I like the guy that going.
Speaker 8: Check.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have any issues with puss? God? I don't, Kevin, dude, don't ask her that.
Speaker 4: Oh you should go the doctor for that, Katie. Check your email at.
Speaker 2: Dear Kevin. The puss turned out to be multiple STDs. Got some more vacation dates coming down right here we go. So number nineteen is titled It's a tough word to spell pussy boil. Oh, so what is he named after? A pussy boil or something?
Speaker 4: Pussy boil her?
Speaker 2: That's a daze to call me growing up pussy boiled such a Oh, they were calling me something else, I guess.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 2: The Empire strike back kit theaters on this day in nineteen eighty. It stroked out a little bit there. I was gonna found that one.
Speaker 4: Just kept going.
Speaker 2: He's sitting enough of my joke strokes funny. Well, you know, he had to get to the today game. For those that don't know, I have narcolepsi and sometimes uh uh, when I have a joke that I think might be funny, I uh, I kind of crater and can't finish the sentence. He has a mini stroke, which sucks because you're playing your card, you're showing your cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he thought that was funny. I know, he's telegraphing his thought that he thought was going to be badass for everyone, and they're always really funny. But why would you have thought that?
Speaker 2: Clearly you were talking about Gautier, Uh huh, the one hit wonder why would you have thought that that stood for a pussy boil? So what is he named after? A pussy boil or something? Pussy boil? You don't know the jokes that they used to call me growing up pussy boiled? Do you know the joke Chris, guys the Empire strike back kid, Peter, I don't get the joke. Now, do you guys know what a goiter is?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Goiter?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, our friend Cash had a goiter on his chin, Is that right? Twelve years ago? Yeah? It was it a pussy boil? It was pussy yeah?
Speaker 4: Really gross?
Speaker 2: Yes, so gross? All right. We love doing our show at Pluckers. We've done for many years as a tradition like none others. So great, it's just like the Masters. But the problem with broadcasting at Pluckers is that you are projecting outward to a crowd, and sometimes one of the guys on the show, Christina, if you get a free pass here, one of the guys on the show will say something they just didn't need to be said in public. Number eighteen skins sheep story. Well, you can't just go meshing animals. We can't play god man. But dogs, but dogs, but dogs are pets that are not real animals.
Speaker 7: Pets.
Speaker 1: Okay, we knew a guy. He wasn't a friend, but he was a friend to friends. This is in the early days when we were kind of wild, and he had spent time on a prison farm and he very famously said famously that the sheep felt the most lifelike.
Speaker 7: Look.
Speaker 2: Man, that actually happened. He contended that out on those farms, that that was the one you gotta understand the type of people's skin was trying to befriends. I just did, man, he just he's only out of the Station's going to change the truth from now. I thought I could use it in honor of Garth Brooks. God, there is one very weird chuckle way off in the distance. You're gonna hear Ivan to your hair real quick. Our engineer Ivan on the remotes.
Speaker 1: He very famously said famously that the sheep felt the most lifelike.
Speaker 2: Oh man, man, that actually happened. That guy went hold only, dude, we got to carry seventeen over. Yeah, we'll get to it. You want to do that? Yeah, man, I'm enjoying this. Kat has put in the time. You the Sweet Listener, have voted.
Speaker 1: We have the top twenty four clips of twenty twenty four coming up next seventeen through thirteen. On a festive New Year's Eve show with the Bitting Skin Show now tinety seven point one The Eagle. It is the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle. It's New Year's Eve, Love hanging out with you. I'm Skin, He's Kat, she's Christine.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Ben is on vacation until mid twenty twenty five. It's amazing how much that guy has gone. But what he's missing out on is us talking about how much we love her. Toato barbecue delicious Mexicue started out there in the eight one seven. They got brick and mortars right there at Mansfield and Arlington and then Fort Worth in the near south Side area, two spots of globe life. In twenty twenty five, they're coming out to the Dallas Farmers Market. If you've never had it, you got to get the Brisket Tostatas. Brisket Tostatas is where it's at. It's like the Dilly Dogs of Mexcue. It's just unbelievable. Now KT has put together the top twenty four clips of twenty twenty four, as voted on by you, the Ben and Skin Eagle listener. But before we get back into the countdown, Ksey Kasum style, do you have any thing that you would like to add to this presentation? Much like that one Arcade Fire song, I'm a bit of a reflector, so I do want to look back for a second, Okay.
Speaker 2: Like when you look back at the year. Clearly, the MAVs going to the finals was the best thing that happened in sports. That was D's up for Harambo. Because here's the sports world for twenty twenty four. For us was in January a terrible Cowboys game at the backers, Yeah, I ever got about in the playoffs? Yep? Right, and then you have the Rangers coming off World Series. So guess what, no one really cares. I liked that, it didn't matter. I liked that they took the year off, there were seventy eight and eighty four whatever.
Speaker 8: What ever.
Speaker 2: Stars had a deep playoff run. But you know, much like always, the Stars have a deep playoff run and just couldn't couldn't finish the deal, right, And then you go into twenty twenty five. So my question for you going into twenty twenty five, Yes, the seasons are already started. Yes, whch of our four major teams are more likely to win a championship in twenty twenty five? Probably the Cowboys. No, technically that would be twenty twenty six, because okay, yeah, the twenty twenty five version of the Cowboys with the Super Bowl. I still think the Cowboys can win the Super Bowl here in a couple months. Well, no, no, you shouldn't think that.
Speaker 1: I think it's very much the Stars, really, yes, because they have a really good team. What are they third in the conference right now? They have a very good team, and it's the nature of hockey. I would say the Mavericks. But the two reasons I'm not is number one, everyone thinks I'm a homer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you don't want people think of that.
Speaker 1: And then number two, I think it's very difficult in a conference as hard as the Western Conference to get to the finals and back to back years. If they were in the East and they had it like the Celtics have it, I'd be like MAVs, MAVs, MAVs. But dude, the West is a blood bath. Yeah, but I think they have a championship caliber team. I also think the Rangers. I think it's gonna be a great sports here, dude, the.
Speaker 2: Dallas Stars, the Dallas the Dallas Caboys, FC Dallas for all of them. All of them are going to do so. I think Cristada's gonna have the best twenty twenty five I hope. So she's incredible. Look at her in there, man, thanking for me. I just think it's a US is going to take back the Ryder Cup. Oh there's a little twenty twenty five sports preview. He just did that whole thing so he could mention Ryder Cup. Yeah. I love it so much.
Speaker 1: I want to do something called the Ryder Die Cup. Okay, and let's bring it back to DMX's crew. Okay, now back to you top seventeen clips of the year. We start at twenty four.
Speaker 2: We let our audience vote on these, put them on a Google document, and we will pick it up at number seventeen. This is something that happened on the show. Might be a blooper, might just be something about a little funny NBRE seventeen is entitled Stupid Clapping and it's based on a drop that we do have in the system. It's it's every radio show in America has it a little bit of a plause. Yeah, but it's the smattering of a plause. And I thought the discussion on this was pretty funny. This is the number seventeen cup of the year. This is the dumbest drop we have. A little bit just came trickling out. It's a weird drop. That's a that's a that's an eight person sales meeting. Nobody's enthusiastic. They have to clap. And guys, it's Jim's birthday. I know we're all very excited. But Brad has made progress on the Jungle Jerky deal.
Speaker 5: That's so stupid but funny. That's very the office eight person sales.
Speaker 2: You missed the uh the Influencer rally a couple of weeks ago because you had to go to Oklahoma City for the MAVs game. And it's basically well that I heart. All the five or six stations went to a movie theater and we have big presentation. We all have powerpoints. But there's a speech at the beginning, and I was thinking about this clip for one of our leaders, one of our fearless leaders, Greg Ashlock, gives a little speech. Look, Greg, get us pumped. It's great. But when it's over, no one really knows what to do. They put me in Christina on the very front row too. Yeah, does anyone in the back helping brand up for Greg?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Greg, God love you man.
Speaker 1: By the way, we are lucky to have the great Greg Ashlock. He's awesoman. At the Christmas party, which was a blast. He brought his lovely wife, Becky and I got to finally meet her. We're lucky to have Team Ashlock. That it will take us to number sixteen. Okay, this one is simply labeled Ben and Katie talk over each other, best place to see a tribute man and Lava Canteena. They get a lot of like the touring ones, you know, the Dan band, who is their own band. I don't think there's covers. I've seen them there exactly. That's why they're not a band. They do all covers, they do covers any originals.
Speaker 4: You guys say everything at the same.
Speaker 2: Time wrestling and they were both saying, did you kill.
Speaker 4: The funniest part of that? Y'all looked at each other the entire time.
Speaker 2: I knew like we weren't on the same page at all because I mentioned a band specifically because he saw them there. That's when That's when things That's when we started off road. That reminds me of that bit where Fred Arbison and Kristen Wigg make up the song as they go and they're trying to they don't know what the next one's going to sing. I love to do that sometimes, but this was like very simple. And then like Lava Canteena, they get a lot of like the touring ones, you know, the Damn band, who is their own band. I don't think there's playing covers. I've seen them there exactly. That's why they're not a cover band. No, they do do all covers. They do covers. Do any originals?
Speaker 4: You guys say everything at the same time.
Speaker 2: Off subs and things. That's like the arm wrestling and they were both saying did you kill you really couldn't remember Bill? Think about that clip that? Think about the did you kill Bill Walsh clip? Is it always sounds like he's saying, did you kill bow Walsh? What's your question for O J.
Speaker 6: Did you.
Speaker 2: Not like he's saying Boat Walsh?
Speaker 6: Wash?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, what else Kevin has voted on by our loyal listenership.
Speaker 2: We're now to number fifteen on the Clip of the Year clip show countdown. Oh hell yes, this one involves Jeff Skinwaight.
Speaker 1: By the way, before we listen to this, I've got a little bit of tear in my eye because I've been laughing and I just looked in and Christina was wiping a little bit of tear out of that.
Speaker 2: Twenty four comes to an end. We're all sad about It's that funny. Here we go. This is a titled Skin's Wild sentence. So I am not aware of what I've what I am and am not up to date on with vaccinations. That was a wild sentence.
Speaker 4: Was longing to get there.
Speaker 2: That was an adventure. Sorry, And it was leading to the fun topic of vaccination. Can I hear it again? I want to hear if I actually made sense? God, So I am not aware of what i've, what I am and am not up to date on with vaccinations. That was a wild sentence.
Speaker 4: It was longing to get there.
Speaker 2: That was an adventure.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 2: So if I were to go back and edit myself, it would be I don't know what vaccinations I've had. Instead I said that I'm trying to diagram. Yeah, go ahead. So I am not aware of what i've, what I am, and am not up to date on with Okay, So here's the problem is you stopped of what I've of what I am not aware of what i've what I am, and am not up to date on with vaccinations. That was a wild I wanted to get there adventure.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I think the first thing that threw me off is I was probably thinking, why didn't I just say unaware? I should have used that one. I just kept going, Yeah, I would give you a lot of space to expound on that. Either I was boring everybody, it is weird that they just gave us a card, though I know anybody can keep up with that. I think I still have it, but it's all faded off if I remember correctly. Though, I do think that that conversation was spawn of I went to my dad's house. I was looking for a key to get in, and I cut myself on a rusty piece of metal, and I was like, I have no idea in the last time I had a tetnis shot. Do y'all know? Are you up to date on technis shot? I got one recently because my doctor was like, asked me that question basically, yeah, I was like, I don't know, do you even know, like how long a tetnis shot lasts?
Speaker 4: No idea, but yeah, I think I got one in elementary school.
Speaker 2: You're not up to date, homie. Well, I asked the questions kind of like that though, like, yeah, probably when I was a kid, you know, And I don't even remember the but it was one of those things I just trust the doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also, like I drink so much, I don't remember anything that's happened in the last two years. So I'm like, man, did I have a bunch of vaccinations? I just don't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to remember, man, And you go to the doctor a lot because the cancer thing.
Speaker 1: I'm going later today. Yeah, I'm gonna celebrate New Year's Eve. The doctors are like, man, we gotta stay up with this patient. He can only come in at eleven New Year's Eve. What else They'll take us to Number fourteen. This is a bit of a combo platter right here. Okay, can we get it in or do we can get it in? Who are you talking to? Talking to Christina?
Speaker 2: We can get it in. They'll let me wed it first. The clip to set the hook for is that with a hard p at the end. So this is a case of both ben and skin at different times, two different clips though. Okay, having stomach growl problems. So number fourteen Ben in skins stomach growls. You can come into my world. I know you've got no money right now, I'll give you a route where you go and collect money and I'll protect you. You know, you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: It's just a way for you to get into our world. So he goes with this guy to a bar, goes to collect the money. You guys are looking at me because of the sound was an interesting sound? Okay, Okay, I think I asked my pants don't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: It's just a way.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: Why did I have a mic in my stomach? Terrible? Okay? And then Ben thinks sounds It is a piece of fried chicken with mozzarella, cheese and pepperoni melted on top of it. I just want to say that I haven't been this horny for food in a long time. It very much looks like Kentucky fried chicken parmesan with pepperoni on it. Yeah. And if you took a Chick fil A, did you hear that weird noise?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who made that noise? I don't know who that was? Was that Christina? Did you make a weird noise?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: But I did hear it and my mic was not on?
Speaker 2: Okay? Word? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And if you think kids sound like it originated in the back of his throat and mine came from his stomach.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, more of that, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we have what the top thirteen clicks. Yeah, it's a New Year's Eve show with Me, Kati and Christina on ninety seven point one The Eagle. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show. Ninety seven point one The Eagle. It is New Year's Eve and we're having a whole hell of a lot of fun. Ben out today. It's me, Kat and Christina and KT has gone through and done the top twenty four clips of the year from the show and then he put it out there on the socials. You should be following the Ben and Skin Show on all our social media platforms. If you go to Beninskin dot com, you can sign up for a newsletter and it tells you everything that's going on with our show. But then you voted on it and Kat has organized it and we're about halfway through and we are closing in now on clip number thirteen.
Speaker 2: Kevin. Yeah, And I like doing this because it helps UH to archive things a little bit, Like, for instance, when we had a couple of days off and we heard some best of material. Last week on Friday, we did the twenty twenty one clip of the year countdown, and I can't tell you how much crap on that I've just forgotten about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so when you hear it again, it's kind of fun and I just like saving that. I also like listening to the four of us laugh. Yeah, it's just it's good memories, good times. And you know, when we're lucky enough to go out and do remote shows, whether we're at Plockers or all these different places we go out to, it's we try to make it a party, and we try to have our listeners with us, and we're having a good time in laughing. And I've always felt like, man, if we're laughing, i bet our listeners are laughing too. So I do feel this is a good way to.
Speaker 2: End the year when some of these clips do come from out on remote, including this one. We are now at the top thirteen as we count down to counting down the end of twenty twenty four. Everyone be safe tonight. Oh yeah, ride share if you can. You know, they don't need to be drinking and driving. Then don't be doing that. Don't do any wild jumps, yeah wild just parkour not a good plan. Now this God, Now under the rainbow, Yeah, shoot under the rainbow, everybody. Yeah, I'll get you a pot of copper. Number thirteen happened live at Reunion Tower, Okay, And I'll tell you that that day we had a big crowd of people there for our show. That was the real line bunch of the the relaunch of the Eagle. So there's also like lots of uh, you know people there, and then there's also lots of people just taking the Reunion Tower tour, and then like lots of iHeart executives and people. So pretty good audience. You will see, and this happened the first segment of the relaunch of the Eagle. You will see how this joke by Jeff skin Wade absolutely one over the entire Metroplex. All right, yep, Skin's condem sense joke I've known been his whole life, and his whole life Bends big three has been Reunion Tower, Big Tex and the condom sense on mocking. He always said three most iconic things in Dallas, and I said, that's where I spend my most time, right, Okay, okay, we're just talking about the landmarks. With the landmarks in town, you know, we don't have a lot. It's that one steer in Fort Worth, what is it, South Fork, Reunion Tower definitely one of them, the giant penis downtown and the crowd. Yeah, this is again I've known been his whole life, and his whole life. Ben's big three has been Reunion Tower, Big Text and the condem sense on mocking Gaffigan. He always said three most iconic things in Dallas, and I said, that's where I spend my most time. Oh right, okay, it's a hearty laughter. It's a great joke, thanks man. So I didn't go higher. Huh? That thirteenth about all you do? Yeah, gets to the top half of the countdown. Yeah, well it's just on the outside looking in. That's all right. Yeah, a waterfall of laughter. God, Ben almost fell off the tower. Is dangling. He hates dangling. It's his biggest fear. Number twelve. Yep, another one happening live on remote. This happened chalk Taw a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, we had a lot of success at that chalk Taw. We did, and we always do, and we'll be doing that more in twenty twenty five. Oh yeah, we got lots of shows coming up at Chalkdaw. Did I tell you guys, the last two times my daughter likes to go to chalk Taw. She's right up the road from us the last two times, and she goes and she does like I don't even know, it's like eighty cent slots or something. I don't even just like real. The last two times she's she's gone. She's left with fifteen hundred dollars combined.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She's playing penny slot and max betting or something like that, doing a ton of bets.
Speaker 1: Her boyfriend's getting his ass handed to him at the blackjack table and she's just cranking on slots.
Speaker 2: She's making money. Amazing, it's amazing. My last two times they're combined, No joke, folks up eleven hundred on blackjack.
Speaker 4: Look at wow, when did our own little smattering apply?
Speaker 2: Thank you there. That's my number nine moment of twenty twenty four is KT confiding And that's how much money he's winning. So if you missed this earlier in the show though, where we had a clip from this, we were doing a show outside the food court and the League, the wonderful bar jeez in the League, ah that place. Yeah, but there was a bunch of old people who are going to be singing some Christmas carols, so people definitely above seventy, about twenty to thirty of them, and they were kind of sound checking because they were going to start when our show, and we got an appearance from the Great Christmas Carol and I hope our listeners get to hear it, you know, through the speakers. Did you call me? Oh hello, how are you? It's Gridma, No, it's me Christmas Carol.
Speaker 9: Oh okay Carol. Yeah, Hi Christmas Carol, Christmas time. So am I What are you guys going to be singing tonight? Well we're going to sing a lot of Christmas classics? Okay, like what like Grandma got run over by a raindey? Oh, kind of a sad one for you. Oh no, no, no, I never had any children. No, no, that's very So why were you unable not to get into your business? Were you unable to have kids? Did you just never find love?
Speaker 2: Well? I didn't love men. Well okay, all right, but getting a look at you, but you didn't. I'm changing. I want you to treat me like a like buttons. Okay, well you still have your gird. I gotta go, she goes, she's got to get ready. So they're getting ready to do their thing here. So that's pretty love Christmas Carol. It's so tense because they could all hear us. Well you know what, maybe they couldn't if you think about the age. Yeah, the ones who had high powered hearing aids were all looking over.
Speaker 4: Hearing aids are impressive, Katie, Yeah, I run over by here.
Speaker 2: It wasn't for me. I didn't have children because she didn't love men. Christmas Carol always great when she stops by the show. Yeah, we'll have her next year. I'm sure number eleven on the countdown has vote on our listeners. We could have had a character named New Year's Eve lovely lady that likes it still some time, all right, we'll see what happens later in the show. Uh. This one is simply titled Ben can't say the word funk?
Speaker 6: Can you?
Speaker 2: Can you check that? Benny? Check that moment on it right now?
Speaker 1: Live coverage of Ben checking to see if Uptown Funk is listed under mark ronson Mark ronson uptown?
Speaker 2: What good get that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Hey? Hey said the word the right way? I said, lean in all the way on the end. You get out there and you scrub your mouth right now up town phone. Don't give it to you, ah, Ben? What a year of having to dump Ben?
Speaker 4: Like you said earlier, you don't expect him to be the one to say something like that. I perk up, like, what what did you just say?
Speaker 8: Ben?
Speaker 2: I know and and write whatever he does it every advertise A I was listening. Yeah, just right at that moment, you could feel a gene just put his head in his hands. Oh my god, Ice is at the end. Well this one more time. That was kind of fun. Can you can you check that annyon? Turn that moment on it right now?
Speaker 1: Live coverage of Ben checking to see if Uptown Funk is listed under mark ronson Mark ronson uptown What good?
Speaker 2: Get that? What?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey said the word the right way? I lean in all the way on the end. You get out there and you scrub your mouth right now, town phone, don't give it.
Speaker 4: To you sound the worst when he says that.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite things that happens is when something that could get us in trouble happens. Almost every time. Christina goes Jesus, oh man, Now we have little their way into the top ten. Oh have we really clips of the year here? That's huge. It's voted on by our listeners. Who are they this would be there's many, there are thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands. There was a friend of yours who had a movie premiere in Garland and you were promoting that aside from something else to It's very strange, but one of Skin's new catchphrases, this is going to be incredible. I'm very excited. And again, I just I didn't want to. If you want to go to Garland tonight, go to Garland tonight. What I don't know, man. If you want to go to Garland tonight, go to Garland at the Garland Civic Theater at eight pm. Pull that ye want to go to Gland tonight, go to Garland to night.
Speaker 1: But the amount of give up, Okay, here's here's the problem with the give up one. I didn't even know if it was open to the public. Like, we just started talking about it. It was this movie that me and groups were in and we had very small parts, and I hadn't seen the movie and it was a premiere, and I didn't know if it was open to the public or not. We started talking about it, and so then I'm in that mode of going, I don't know if I'm allowed to promote this.
Speaker 2: I don't even really know that much about it. Later in the show I found out it was not open to the public. No, I don't know, man, I just if you didn't want to if you want to go to Garland tonight, go to Garland tonight. What I don't know, man, If you want to go to Garland tonight, go to Garland at the Garland Civic Theater at eight pm. Pull that. That's pretty good. Anytime she punctuates anything with the mosquito, it makes me laugh.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. We'll get us too. I think we should save the five o'clock hour for the top eight in honor of Troy. Yeah, let's get this a number nine. As voted on barlisteners, this clip is called blue chew alert. So do you think that our wives should get blue chew alerts? Okay, every time we pop one us a heads up on a swivel. Literally, they want to stay the night out with your friend's night. Yeah, a blue choo has been consumed. What happens as you get married? Kevin is there? Let They don't want that. That's bad. That's bad for that to happen in their lives, they need to run. Really. Yeah, I thought they got like pleasures out of it that extended until my wife has an experienced pleasure in decades at least by my hand. Yeah, now your hand right at the very end, someone dropped a dish.
Speaker 4: They're blue.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that was a pluckers. Yeah, probably had a real pluck it. I don't think Pluggers would have dropped it. Yeah, Pluggers never drops dishes. Doesn't happen, all right, So there you go.
Speaker 1: That is clip number twenty four through clips number nine, we have the top eight still to go here on the New Year's Eve extravaganza that is the Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 2: Now, don't forget tomorrow. Well, we will be off for New Year's Day.
Speaker 1: We'll have rock music all day long, and then we'll be back for our first official show of twenty twenty five on Thursday, all of us back together again. Ben after his six months of vacation, we'll be back, and then we'll be on for maybe one day.
Speaker 2: We haven't heard yet. We'll figure all that out.
Speaker 1: But anyways, we still have an hour to go, big five o'clock hour. The top eight clips of the year, as voted on by you, the sweet Ben and Skin listener Here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. Happy New Year's Eve, everybody, it's the Ben in Skin Show nine one point one The Eagle, Thanks for hanging out with us. Big five o'clock hour as we're doing our countdown of the clips of the year here on the Ben and Skin show is voted by you the listener. We have our top eight still to go, but I know people are in that mode they're making, you know, new Year's resolutions. You should resolve to eat more. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in twenty twenty five places badass.
Speaker 2: How do I know? I've been there?
Speaker 1: But also, like all the listeners voted at best pizzeria in the Dallas Fort Worth area as part of the Dallas Morning News, readers pulled number one. Think about how many badass pizza joints there are, and Andrew's got number one. That is so cool, So happy for those good folks because they make delicious pizza. They have awesome pasta. They got five different styles of pizza. You gotta try them all. Start with the Dallas Pizza that's theirs. That's the one that you know they did. Uh, and then a great bar too. Dude, it's you know, there's an hour left of our show and then dinner time. Maybe you can make it to Andrews tonight on New Year's Eve. Andrew's American pizza kitchen. All right, let's get back down to the countdown and here is our very own Casey casem on the bench and skin show Kevin K. T.
Speaker 2: Turner much like Casey Case, Yes, can all fight over the remains of my body, ship me across America back and forth until we finally find out who owns this. Okay, explain that to Christina. She knows the story. Do you know the story?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: He was cremated and then there was a fight for his remains.
Speaker 2: Good job, she was so uncertain of that she was just piecing it together with your half assed thing.
Speaker 1: It did remind me, though, one of the things I would love to do is my dying wish would be for you guys to cremate me in all three of y'all have to snort me.
Speaker 2: You've already done the thing with the ashes into your head, and then your daughter's gender husband at the time is going to skeet shoot you, and then you will know and the color of my remains will be the gender room. We also decided that your lips would be really chat and open. Here's me Who's who was your countdown person growing up? His was clearly Casey case and.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. I don't know who my cat because I thought Ryan Seacrest immediately.
Speaker 1: Okah, the terse Yeah, okay, I thought, y'all I'm Rick D's. I thought I thought y'alls would be Eric from the Grind. It was Rick D's in the Weekly top forty yep, and now it's secrests. Yeah, I'm gonna listen to Seacrest this week.
Speaker 2: Uh, number eight. Now, these are clips, bloopers whatever, you know, A bunch of clips from our show cataloged and put on a Google document. Our listeners got on there and they voted based on the description of it. Good job, everybody. So they didn't listen. They just looked at a name of something they voted on that looks funny. Yeah, her got their eye, and there we go. That is the half assed nature of this dumb show. It's democracy really. Number eight on the Clip show Countdown. Okay, I like that title. Bene review of Broke Back Mountain. Broke Back Mountain hit theaters on this day in two thousand and five. I wish I knew how to quit. You never ever quit, guys?
Speaker 5: Why why don't you just let me be?
Speaker 2: Huh? Why so serious? Because you jacked. I'm like this, Jake Jillenhall. That was a really good scene from that movie. They were having such a hard time getting their words out because it's such an emotional scene. It's hard when you're how good you yeah?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: They just beat the crap out of each other during sexcusey you have you ever seen it? But just say it?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: What'd you think?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: It was gay?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 10: Turned into the Eric Andre sucks Manksey, that was so funny.
Speaker 2: You know, he's the one guy he thought he might like break it down, like what was the storyline of the movie or like, you know, what was the deeper me? Did you see it? Have you ever seen it? But just say it, man, what'd you think? It was? Gay? It was rip cad muscles I turned into the Ericndre show sucks many. Oh man, that is some funny ass stuff. Number eight Ben did that for Troy. Oh man. I'm happy right now.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm happy on New Year's Eve. I'm gonna enjoy New Year's Eve because of this. It clips twenty fourth through nine didn't quite do it for you, No, man, we got to get to the heavy hitters now. Number eight. I feel pretty good but I can I ask you a quick question, yes, because you know the big reveal.
Speaker 1: Christina and I don't know the reveal. We don't know the top seven clips. From your perspective, you, Kevin Turner, do you agree? I will say that I do right, agree with number one. That's exciting, top clip of the year. I actually agree with number one and two.
Speaker 2: Yep. From there, think about ranking the clips, Okay, I mean Kawhi when he's healthy. Yeah, number seven, Pudge. You know, luckily we have Mark Scott and Gene supporting the show Love Franklin Frankel, and you should all when you're you know, doing live spots for them, you should really focus in and do it for Mark Scott and Gene and our audience. Number seven live spot Pretzel Bag. They were voted best in Town by their clients. You know, they won all these different awards, and so what's happening over here? Nothing? What are you doing to focus? I can't focus. What are you trying to trying to open it for Mark Scott and Gene? Damn it, I'm just trying to get this pretzel bag open. What are you put pretzels on your salad for? I'm not putting pretzels on my salad. I need a condiment. So the side piece. The thing about the Frankels, though, is that they're so good. Why can't you open it? Do you want me to? Everybody want to? I can open it. It's been open. Do you want to eat a pretzel? Eat a pretzel? Listen? I got in a horrible wreck one more than I called the frame for a good that is good. So glad.
Speaker 4: I need a condiment. It's a weird thing to say a pretzel bag.
Speaker 2: So something that desfice the salad up. He was trying to do the spot, and you know, I mean usually when we're doing spots, I'm not gonna be talking for thirty seconds, so I'm not just sitting there staring at Ben. You know, I'm you know, I'm kind of getting ready for what I'm gonna do. But like, all right, we're to break. I'm gonna be eating some pretzels, and man, that just shot his wheels off. Do it for Mark Scott and Gene trying to open it for Mark Scott and Gene. Dammit, that should be the end of every Yeah. Oh man, Well from that tension to a little marriage tension, big release. Clip number six involves Ben's wife Cat. Hell, yeah, my wife doesn't typically take my calls a problem. Do you want me to call her? Let's see if you call her if she's busy, man, she's only got an hour till you get home. That is incredible. US wants nothing to do with it, but someone else calls got it on the first ring.
Speaker 4: It was almost just like a hang up of media. As soon as his name pop, it was.
Speaker 5: Like I did.
Speaker 2: I might have did a small amount of editing to that clip, but it was within that sixty seconds. I could when he hung up that you called her. I could play this up for radio.
Speaker 1: But in his defense, one of the things that he maintains is that Kat is a person that never has her phone on her. Yeah, so, like I don't know if she just doesn't have pockets or what. So she probably heard the phone ring and came in from the next room. And then I followed up and she was finally in the room near her phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, it almost exposes us as the problem, because how often do we not have our phone on us? Never? Right? Like I know, like my parents, for instance, they they just may or may not. You never know. It could be days before they see their phone again. Very likely. It's very likely that if I call them, they're not going to answer.
Speaker 1: Well, so what I do now is my dad as I call him first or text him first, I wait a few minutes and then I hit up his wife and she's right there together.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think there's an age though, Like I think I don't know what the number is. Maybe it's forty five, maybe it's a little bit older. Hey, I'm fifty three, dude. Well, yeah, but you're you know, you're doing a million things and you're in the game. Here I am in the game. But but I think like after that age forty whatever, it is, forty eight whatever. I do think it's the second my people is just not habitual to them to be have their phone on them. I think it's they grow up with it. Like, yeah, I think it's more mid mid to late fifty. Yeah. Maybe maybe I'm just sitting here realizing how old you think I am.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Christina, this Cowboys season, how has it been for you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: It's been I mean, besides the whole Dack injury, it was really fun. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she actually liked so the story lines the sun, the stadium falling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's always drama no matter what, which makes it interesting.
Speaker 2: She likes injuries to the defense.
Speaker 4: I don't like injuries.
Speaker 2: The injury to the defense. Actually, Kavanaugh is a guy that kind of celebrates injuries. One of his weird once all right, well, number five takes us to some Cowboys content with Christina because uh, for some reason, uh, we're gonna let her thought to break. Okay, so here we go. It looks like Christina four bend three skin two and uh to win this, Christina, I guess you get to tease in that segment.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, The Latest in the Cowboys. I was trying to think of what actual segments up.
Speaker 2: I want to use that every day going into this segment. Yeah, all right, fantastic, congratulations Christy.
Speaker 4: There sounds like there's something in my throat. We've got a little bubble voice going on or something coming up next. The Latest in the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: The Latest in the just whatever's happening inside them, let's get to it.
Speaker 4: What's funny you guys always handle the teases. So I'm immediately like okay, about to turn over and like get whatever drops I marked or whatever, and.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how often I never know if Ben's got a teas written down or not. Yeah, and I just okay, because I'm not planning it. If I'm not, you know, there's a time we are running the show. Yeah, I planned out the teases.
Speaker 1: And what happens is it's kind of like what happened on that Franklin Frankel commercial. You have habits and then you just start thinking about whatever you're going to do next because the ball's not coming your way, and suddenly the ball's in your hands.
Speaker 4: You know what's coming up next? With the cowboys, let's go or in them? Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Bubble Voice number four, Ben's bubble voice, charming tint Man and the daughter of Lenny Kravitz, Zoe Kravitz A were together. They have been together for many years. Like, hey together, Okay, what were living together? Got you're that again of Lenny Kravitz Zoe Kravitz ay were together? They together for many years. My favorite man. So that takes us to the top three.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it for Dale, all right, coming up next, We're gonna do it for Dale. It's The Ben and Skid Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: The Eagle on.
Speaker 1: New Year's Eve, Mate, Sweet Friends, The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle, Happy New Year's Eve, Everybody. I hope you have awesome blands tonight. This is our final segment of twenty twenty four, was about that. Before we get to all that, I do want to say. Rollertown beer Works is the brewery that Ben and I are partners in. It's up there in Salina, Texas, and all your long, you nice folks have been supporting us as we move forward. We got big plans in twenty twenty five. We're going to open our new location in Frisco. We're expanding, We're getting in more and more places. Thank you to anyone who's supported us. Thanking anyone who's gone up to the brewery in Salina, which is, by the way, the only place you can get our whiskeys. In our vodcast, we have that new Rye whiskey, the Rye Hard. You can get our merchandise up there, or if you're at grocery stores around the metroplex. We're in more and more places like Total Wine and more and you know, liquor depot and tons of hbs.
Speaker 2: We're just we're expanding in that way.
Speaker 1: We're in a lot of restaurants and bars, places like the truck Yard in Dallas, places like Marty Bees, places like Good Friend, Unfortunate Son. We're actually in the arena of the American Airlines Center. So if you have a favorite place she'll like to im vibe and Rollertown isn't there, please ask for it. We want to get bigger and better in twenty twenty five. Thank you so much to everybody who's been a part of that. All right, so, all show long, we've been doing the top twenty four clips from the Ben and Skin Show is voted on by you, the Ben and Skin Eagle listener, and we have whittled it down to the top three. Now, Kevin kind of explained your process on how we got to hear well.
Speaker 2: When something happens, we pretty much keep that audio, I mean, Christina do and then filter through it and then put them up on a Google doc just the label, which is interesting, so maybe some stuff left out of this countdown that should have been on there. And then our listeners go in and vote and then I just did it like that. It is a full democracy right here. And were you happy with the results? You know that's really not for me to decide. Well, if I asked you the question, I kind of is Okay, I'm happy with number one and number two. The big question mark on this is number three. Okay. Do you know do you know what these art? Christina? No, I don't either. I didn't tell anybody, Okay. So I did this a few times in various locations where I'd kind of just cold call a city hall or a city council member if there was a story. I already disagree with you. I love it when you do this. Well, you never know, like sometimes it's a it's usually about a loose animal. We had, you know, we had a python on the loose. We had uh a water buffalo one time. But I was calling uh the city of More, Oklahoma, oh, because they had a for lack of a better term, a dildo bandit. Okay, they had a person who was or a group of persons who was putting that phallic object on traffic lights, on stop signs. One was on the side of a walmart. Do you can't do that?
Speaker 1: Because you do that and you look up and suddenly there's a bunch of horny gals running towards the traffic light. By the way, I love the character Lou Snannimal. I think we need to work that guy in. Hey, it's me Lou s Animal. That's how you're gonna end twenty twenty four. No, I got more craft. There's like ten minutes left on the segment. Trust me, I got terrible stuff for you. Come reach arounds like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I uh, usually it ends up fine, all right, Ben, Usually it ends up fine, But this one did not because of the circumstances. I call random city hall person just to say, hey, have we found our villains? Here we go city Manager's office. Hi, uh, did y'all ever find And I'm sorry this is a little bit crass, but I'm just looking for more information to Space is solved from back in January. You know there was a quote unquote dildo bandit.
Speaker 6: I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh yeah, it was a big story back in January where someone was putting these just awful, just oh the most crude objects and posting them everywhere.
Speaker 7: Everyone was.
Speaker 2: On the traffic light. One was posted like attached to a Walmart. You didn't see this news story, really, no, I didn't do. You not even live in more Oklahoma. This was huge news.
Speaker 6: Wow, I just have a sick person that I'm caring for outside of work, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Okay, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: So I can see if somebody else knows, you know, what happened with that, or possibly I can give you to the police department and I can answer that question. I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much. Okay, just a moment, No, but it's fine, all right. That was very much that. I don't know that I agree with the inference that caregivers don't follow the news. Yeah, maybe you know.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the fact that she he called her because she works, you know, with the government whenever City Hall, the city hall. But she's saying, hey, I'm taking care of someone. So no, I'm not at work right now. I'm not keeping up with everything. But what killed me all like right at the beginning was Katie's whisper voice. She was whispering like, oh, hi, let's hear that.
Speaker 2: Hi. Did y'all ever find And I'm trying to sweet like sweeten up, like how do you say? Yeah, you know that's what Ben calls cubicle voice. Yeah, I felt I felt bad about it. But also you're right. I mean she works at city Hall. You should know now. To be totally fair, this is like September and I was calling about that event from January for no reason, so maybe she had forgotten. Yeah, oh that's so good, but it hits your lips. I apologize, I think, and uh, we're not going to bother the police about that. Number two. You might have heard of these guys. It is Carl Spoon and Rational Bill. Hell, yes, the Sports Inferno. They're back. They had a Chiefs blogger on a guy named Joe early in twenty twenty four. I'm guessing around the playoff time. That makes sense. So here's a little clip from Chiefs blogger Joe, who was awesome, and Carl Spoon and Rational Bill.
Speaker 7: It's a personal situation and I'd rather not talk about it around my work colleagues. Can I call you back. I'm in the middle of interviewing a guy about the Chiefs right now. It's I do a radio show. You're on the You're kind of on the air pre recording right now, but I've stepped over to the side.
Speaker 2: Can you but we could still hear your bill?
Speaker 7: You just have some privacy, Can you have to give me these results right now. There's no other way. I can call you right back. Okay, just give them to me. Very fascinating. Okay, oh okay, I will hurry up, come on bell and say I will speak to every partner.
Speaker 5: Thing.
Speaker 7: I haven't had a partner, so it's not a problem. Well, I had to have one partner to be in the situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, thank you, hanging on now, goodbye. Okay, guys, everything's fine. The doctor said everything's great. What are you talking about.
Speaker 7: It's personal and because of hippo laws, I don't have to tell you.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was the doctor. It was just the doctor's office, someone from the staff. But everything's fine. Let's jump back into the Chiefs. Do you like Taylor Swift? I love Taylor Swift and everything she's brought to Chiefs King. We've become America's team. We've kind of been a way overtaken the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: If I'm being honest with you, I can't lie.
Speaker 2: I'm a little distracted. Is that a serious? It almost not like it as TD. Oh no, I'm serious to death. No, No, you're not you Joe, Wait, Joe, you haventd not yet, but I'm serious to death. Ah got it? That's a funny acronym. Did you get it? Bill, I'm very distracted from some news. I just I'm not gonna wrap it up. That's funny through but I just having fun with Joe. Joe's a good guy.
Speaker 4: Joe serious to death.
Speaker 2: Oh he delivered it twice too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to make sure y'all got no, Joe was awesome. Didn't we call him live on the show after that?
Speaker 2: I think we did. I think we had a follow up with Joe. Let's get Joe on today? How much time is left? Just didn't feel like the time would work out. Yeah, And I'm not sure if that's the bow you would have put on twenty twenty four. With four minutes left in the show, We're gonna throw Joe on from Kansas City that we haven't talked about. Can't they repeat repeat? That was a good uh Okay, No, it was a good uh angle though to just you know Bill, We're still going to record, right, like, Joe's got to hang on hold while Bill's talking to the doctor. He had to take that call because it was a results base. Yeah. I did enjoy that, So really, what it's about to happen, Christina, We're about to.
Speaker 4: Get the number one clip from all of twenty twenty four Benskin show.
Speaker 2: I mean we had Ben talking about raisin bread number twenty four, Skin called me a Native American. He made a Garth Brooks joke. Ben's made a joke about cuckled with our friend Adam Kack. Can we say that Adam Kack? I didn't know if we could identify a listener under the rainbow. I mean, there's so many, so good. It takes us to number one when it hits your ears a New Year's resolutions, guys, I'm just teasing the audience and wetting the beak.
Speaker 1: I resolved to use the phrase wet the beak more in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's great?
Speaker 4: Is it quite a bit?
Speaker 2: Though my beak? He doesn't. Yeah, he's saying it in the hole an hour ago. Do you mind if I wet my beak? I always like feeding the geese. There's always one of the good ones. That's like a masturbatory reference. No between. You go to the park and break out the missus bards and sprinkling God, you do it in the park number one, Yes, Ben's iHeart moment. Ye of course live at Pluckers so good.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: This thing is for the words FA Now I have top eight answers on the boarding. What are they? What professional football team has the most dedicated fans iHeart? Former ticker Cam Dicker is now a Charger.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: The brain just broke in real time. The last thing he saw on his phone was an iHeart email and he yelled out, iHeart. This is amazing. Of all his terrible moments, this is maybe number one.
Speaker 8: That's not the whole game.
Speaker 2: That was so break from Akerman. That's a good new iHeart promo though, What has been thinking about iHeart? It was crazy. His buzzword was supposed to be f u kt yep, and he went with professional football team has the most dedicated fansart iHeart former kicker I mean, and he really was looking at his phone like he was I think he was responding to an iHeart email. He was, well, this is happening. He's looking at his phone responding to a salesperson email. Wow. The same staking for the worst football Now I have top eight xers on the board. They email professional football team has the most dedicated fans at iHeart.
Speaker 1: Former and that was the number one clip as voted on by you the sweet listener on the Ben and Skin Show in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, that's fantastic. It is all right. That is going to do it for us for the whole.
Speaker 1: We'll be back on Thursday, January second, because we are off tomorrow. But I want to thank each and every one of you for efing with us this year. We had so much fun looking forward to twenty twenty five. You guys have been wonderful. Thanks for interacting.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: You can go to Beninskin dot com sign up for the newsletter and anything that we're doing, we'll send it right in your inbox. Weut once every week or so. All right, that's gonna do it for us. I'll never forget the time. KT said this at the end of the new year. I think people who know how to code, I think they can do some stuff.
Speaker 2: God that was brilliant. More rock music next here on the eagle. Here you going, well, I want to get my sock back, dude, all right,