Speaker 1: Welcome to the Gods I View podcast. This is your host, Trevor. I'm excited about this show today a little different. We are going to be playing three clips that I think fit together kind of nice, and we will be talking about Jordan Peterson's health issues, what little we know about them, and some of the events leading up to that health issue, his public events, and some kind of drama that transpired. Why am I deciding to do this because to me, this is sort of gossip, you know, and we generally don't do gossip. Well two reasons. One is incredibly degenerate and selfish, and that's just his degenerate. The right word to degrade it, I guess is when I put a famous person's name in the title of an episode, I get five to ten times as much traffic. So that's that's the reason. One reason Two, I do sort of have like just like a caddy gossipy neighbor lady interest in the topic, you know, because Jordan Peterson is a is a is a big figure, and so he's a public figure, so he's certainly merit's discussion on a podcast, I'd say, and I said two reasons, but actually three I have been knee deep, waist deep, navel deep, collarbone deep in theological debates and discussion and books. I've been reading books, and I've just decided that I got out way over my and I believe that is an idiom. That means I was out of my debts. You know, I was on a black diamond, and I shouldn't have been. And it is just so deep and rich and nuanced, and so much of it is just arguing about what words mean. You know. It's kind of a critique of philosophy and theology that I just don't want to talk about it anymore. And I kind of want you to dismiss anything I've ever said, or at least listen with grace when you go back and listen, because man, you know, I've been watching all the camps. I've been seeing all the angles, and there's like interesting and fascinating arguments. And the history, oh my gosh. The history is just just the non religious history just well not non religious, but you know, not theological meaning like the history of the Roman Empire, you know, the history of ancient Israel. So it's just too much. I just don't know. I just it's one it's at Dunning Kruger effect. You know, google that if you want to see the graph. But there's like the chasm of ignorance, and you know, anyway, I'm I'm past the chasm of ignorance. I'm in the realization stage. That is just too much and I am underqualified. I probably will come back to it at some point, but for now, I just gotta take a little you know, I gotta sit with it. And so other kind of housekeeping things related to the show. I had some folks reach out about being co host or maybe just guest co host. Very cool. I hope to keep those conversations going. I've been a little crazy busy this week, so I'll get back to those folks. But I think that the show will go on in some form. You know, if I if I wanted to really do it, I would have to go YouTube. And I'm kind of bitter at YouTube the way they've handled, you know, censorship and what they've kind of done to podcasting. Podcasting used to be an RSS driven thing. That's the way Adam Curry invented it, and it was it's just a cool technology because it's sort of I mean, listen, no technology is like censorship proof obviously, but it was it was very I don't know, it was very hold on, my wife is texting me, doesn't she know? I'm recording podcasts the masses literally one hundred, although in this case sends Jordan Peterson's in the title hundreds of listeners. Okay, hold on, all right, sorry about that. This will be one of the first times I actually have to go back and edit the show to edit out that. A few minutes it was just gone. So what was I talking about? Oh, just a reluctant acceptance that to grow a podcast you probably also need to be a YouTuber. It's it's a weird thing for me to care about. I mean, to me, podcasting is audio. It's always been audio. It's RSS based. But now if you record yourself doing a podcast, that's a YouTube channel, you know, then, so that is where the list of the people are. But I mean, I can't really be a public I can't really be a public person, you know. I've got a got a job, and then I really have to sort of monitor what I'm saying. So anyway, I'm conflicted about it. Well, but for now, we're going to keep doing what we do. So all right, so let's get into this thing with Jordan Peterson. It is quite quite interesting actually, So I mean I think everyone knows who Jordan Peterson is if you don't know the detail, you know, he sort of rose to prominence as a I believe, a psychology professor at the University of Toronto who refused to sort of affirm pronouns, you know what I mean, Like, if you want to call yourself whatever, that's fine, but you can't compel me to call you you know, X y Z. Now, I think if this were like a one off, you know, like let's just talk about the cultural the culture war for a second, something nice and non controversial, you know, like I told you this story about that person, you know. Yeah, Like my default is politeness and not hurting feelings, right, and so yeah, I'm actually kind of okay being compelled in like the in like these certain scenarios, right, but it has kind of it It kind of got a little out of control. I mean, politeness can be taken advantage of, you know, and so for something like that that does kind of seem like a social phenomenon. No offense, of course, I listen, there are legitimate, ambiguous external genitalia. I mean people can be born. There's all sorts of things that can happen. So like, I'm very open to the idea, and I would seek to empathize and accommodate. We're able. But you know, however, right like when one out of seven women are theyse and it is much more common, and you know in young women, which is like a very social young women are very what am I trying to say, but I mean I think we would say like social networks. I don't mean like digital social networks, but like friends are incredibly important to women, young women, especially relative to men. Obviously men need social support and friendship and stuff too, But some of these sort of social phenomenons they do seem to be bigger issues in women. Not all social phenomenon, but you know, like like cutting, for example, it was more of my generation's thing, right, this was a anorexia. Again, these things can all affect men as well, but these are just sort of social phenomenas. I just walked through a veritable minefield anyway, So it went too far. And I think, you know, say what you will about Jordan Peterson. I think he was an important figure during that time, you know, and wrote some books, very interesting guy to listen to. He has over recent years kind of become like increasingly I would say, I would say his openness. You know, he likes to talk about personality characteristics. You know, his conscientiousness and openness has been in like a precipitous free fall over the past couple of years. And I don't know what it is. I mean, he works at the Daily Wire, there's new political dynamics going on with that. He has a recurring health issue related to a benzodiazepine drug addiction, and so this is a horrible thing and he almost apparently died once because of it in the past, something related to it. It seems as back again, and we'll get into that, and so you know, who knows. But one thing lately that he sort of developed a reputation for us his unwillingness to publicly state what his religious position is. And on the one hand, I really not only sympathize, but I would say empathize with that, because you know, I have a complex relationship with belief as well, you know, like many people, and so I don't necessarily like being on the put on the spot to sort of state what I think about everything. And in all that, but my the position I retreat to is generally like a position of like, yeah, I don't know, you know, there are certain things that I believe or I aspire to believe, Like I am affirmatively trying to believe as the evidence allows me, as my rational nature allows, as my you know, ability to suspend disbelief allows, you know. So, and I'm very conscious of that. I'm constantly thinking about confirmation bias, and so that would sort of be the position like if if someone demanded that I say something now. But here is the thing. There's two things that make that difficult. One is in like a debate context. Of course, you don't want to look stupid and that and pride can motivate you to double down on bad positions. But also, and I felt this personally, like with Christianity, it goes beyond pride, and you almost sort of feel responsibility to portray your position a certain way, to portray your faith a certain way. And so someone could be reluctant to just say I don't know, right, depending on the context of the conversation, you may not want to acknowledge a point or whatever. I maybe some of that's going on with Jordan I kind of suspect he's sort of built an image at somehow. I mean, it might not be his fault that he's developed this reputation. I mean, he's never affirmatively set it, but you know, he sort of developed a reputation as a Christian figure. Of course, he's never said that he's a Christian or that he believes set any of the core Christian tenants. He sort of has this like complex way of denouncing secularism, but as far as I know, he's never really proactively affirmed any of the core Christian tenants, which to me is fine. But I think he doesn't want to say it's because imagine if you know ninety percent of your audience is Christian and you're like, yeah, I don't know, I don't know what I believe. I guess that's that's actually an agnostic position that would that would put him in the same camp as Alex O'Connor, who's like the villain. You know. So I think it's not really just a desire to be a good portrayer of the Gospel message. It's not that as far as there's reluctance to say what he believes. It's not that he doesn't want to say he has doubts, which is I would say the situation I find myself in a lot. I don't want to publicly say that in like a debate context because you know, I don't know. You just feel you'd feel responsible, Like what if someone loses their way because of something you say? Right, it's heavy, but I don't think it's necessarily that for him, although it could be if we wanted to be charitable. To me, it feels more like the kind of audience capture, total speculation. I don't know. So we're going to play three clips and let me kind of lay out a rational for why we're playing these three clips. One is an update on his health condition. I think we'll play that. Second, I just mentioned it so you know where we're going. The first one is I would say his clearest declaration of faith in his entire you know, fifteen or ten years of public note variety. To me, this was his clearest declaration of faith. And I want you to really hear what I'm saying, like this is the most clear I've ever heard him be about his belief. And it's not that clear. And guess who got it out of him? Of course, our friend Alex O'Connor, like he really pressed him and it was a little uncomfortable. And he also pressed him into Dawkin's debate as the moderator, and he like really forced him to make a commitment and he did not want to. And so this is just a short five minute clip of a much longer conversation where he finally, you know, bent over the barrel, finally like gives an answer kind of and so I mean, no, it's an answer, but h so we're gonna play that. Then we're going to play an update on his health. The guys are pretty snarky. They clearly don't like Jordan Peterson. It's just the most recent one I could find, and I don't want to play his daughter's whole thing. I'd rather play shorter clips that they have shorter clips. And they comment and I don't think it's kind or charitable to like mock or laugh at someone who's suffering. They kind of do, okay, but we're just gonna play it because it was actually reasonably good update the portions they chopped up, and also you can kind of see both perspectives, you know, I don't know. Then we're gonna play Uh, well, let's just play clip and let me then we'll go, Well, we don't need to do this big grand overview. It's not a dissertation defense, so let's drip into it. This is Alex O'Connor five minute clip asking Jordan Peterson. This is the title of the video. Did Jesus in quotes? Actually? Because Jordan likes to unpack the beginning of words like what do you mean by the word actually? You know, did Jesus actually exit his tomb? With Jordan Peterson?
Speaker 2: I have no dog in this fight. I'm not a Christian, yeah, but I know the lot of Christians are frustrated when they begin asking about Jesus, who's a much more physical entity. It's a real human being. It's someone flesh and blood. It's someone who's physically crucified by there's a very different questions, very different questions, and then and then is seen as a physical endit.
Speaker 1: Sorry, little context. Alex's point here is like Jordan's like waxing poetically about you know, well, what does it really mean for I'm just making this up, like to be led out of Egypt? You know, maybe the pharaoh just represents your life's burden. And to be led out of Egypt just to follow your calling, you know what I mean, Like he does. He's like, I'm doing a bad job representing it. But if you've listened to him, you know what I'm talking about. And Alex is like, oh, okay, okay, whatever, you know, because Jordan will say, like, what do you mean by true? I think it's truer than true. I think these stories are like the a compression of all of the stories in one one story that encompasses like an archetypal echo through the time and space, you know. And Alex is like, okay, fair enough. You know it's very Jonathan Pagot Pego. You know, we've played him here. They have a similar style. Alex is fair enough. I don't think we can say that about Jesus. I don't think you want to say that about Jesus because your first of all, your audience would be very upset if you're saying Jesus is like an idea just like no, I mean, even even most atheists New Testament scholars that he is a real person who was crucified, probably maybe under conscious pilot, I would say, probably this is the atheist New Testament, the best that I know their position is, but I'm not sure there's people. You know, it's a spectrum. But so you don't want to say about it about Jesus. He's a real person who lived, Let's talk about him. And Jordan's Jordan's squirming. You know, you just see this reluctance to answer a question.
Speaker 2: So let's get to it, at least according to the to the canonical tradition by his disciples after he died. So when somebody asks you, do you believe that that happened? And when I've seen you at about that question, you tend to still speak in terms of the psychological and the mythological. I think the frustration is that, as you've just said.
Speaker 3: Frustrating Christians on that regard either because the truth of the matter is, with regard to the Gospel accounts, that the mythological and the historical are inextrictble inextricably cross contaminated. So there's no pulling out the historical Jesus, right that just that's that's a non starter. The and why that is, I don't know. It's it's very it's very mysterious. It's very hard to understand, as is are the let's say the accounts of the resurrection. Okay, so what do I think about that? Well, I don't I think that denying the historical reality of Christ is I think that's just a fool's Errand of course, why anybody would bother with.
Speaker 2: So a man exists, cool Jesus, Yes, that money.
Speaker 4: Now Christ.
Speaker 3: Now there's a claim that that is attributed to Christ, that he is the embodiment or the incarnation, the fulfillment, let's say, of the prophet and the lass.
Speaker 4: I think that's true. Yeah, what does that mean? Well, you know what did? I think it's in the Gospel of John.
Speaker 3: I think Gospel of John closes with a statement that something like if all the books that were ever written were written about the Gospel accounts, that wouldn't be enough books to explain what it happens as did Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's and it's there's a there's a truth in that. The truth is that.
Speaker 3: Profound religious account is bottomless, and the biblical representations are like that, there's no limit to the amount of investigation they can.
Speaker 1: I do just want to add, this is kind of a Catholic position. I've been really I'm not I'm not Catholic, but I enjoy arguing. So so my friend who just has like this this unbridled hatred of Catholicism, like it's constantly blasting me with reels, you know, on Instagram. Never did that when I was atheists, you know, and I'm again, I'm not Catholic, but he just loves to hit me. So I kind of adopt the position of like the Catholic in the argument, you know, and this is sort of a Catholic thing. It's like the Apostles sort of insist like what's in this book is just a fraction of what there is to write. And of course it makes sense. I mean, they're they're with Jesus every day all day, you know, journeying together, setting up camp together for three years at least probably, and so yeah, I mean the Gospel of Matthew is tiny. You can read it in a couple hours, you know, and that's the whole story of Jesus' three year ministry right there, and then gets repeated in Mark and Luca Chean and so clearly, and they you know, they even it's explicitly stated that this is just like a snapshot. And so the Catholics say like, well, okay, yeah, those apostles had apostles and they share all of this stuff, and so there's a lot of context you can gather from the first Christians, like the early church fathers were apostles of apostles, or apostles of apostle of apostles, or really, I should say a disciple of an apostle. Anyway, an apostles just a disciple that goes out into the world and spreads like gospels. So so this is sort of a Catholic argument, which is that this is why you need to be a part of the you know, the one true, Holy Apostolic Church. And I said, I wasn't gonna get into theology, but but that point he's making is kind of suited. You could just say you could just be a cat, like he could just say, I'm considering being Catholic. You know, I guess that's a pretty big step. I don't know, it's just it just strikes me as let's just how about I just stop talking and we listened.
Speaker 3: There not least because the text in itself is deeply cross referenced, so there's like there's an innumerable number of paths through it. It's like a chessboard, and so it's it's inexhaustible in its interpretive space.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: And that's a problem too, because it means it's also susceptible to multiple interpretations, including potentially competing.
Speaker 2: Interpret I think a lot of people interpret pool, For example, the earliest New Testament source as saying that if Jesus did not literally arise from the dead, if there was not a man who stopped breathing and then started breathing again, then your faith is futile and you're still in your sins. That is, Christianity is undermined. Now that means that Paul doesn't say sort of believing that that's false is really bad. He says, if you do not believe this proactively, then your faith is If you don't proactively believe that yourself, then I think when a Christian asks you, you know, do you believe in the resurrection of Jesus? Are you a Christian? I think you must be committed saying no, at least under that interpretation of Paul. And even if you're not sure, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's the right answer from my perspective is yet no. And so I'm really wrestling with this, you know, because I agree that is the claim, and so it's it really beggars belief, and it's hard for me to wrap my rational mind about this happening. And of course I've heard all these arguments about maybe why it isn't true, and so like, yeah, I'm really just I'm trying, you know, I'm in a good faith search for truth, but I just I don't know. I don't know if you can say that, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, fine, if I say to you, do you think that a man physically wrote from the dead, and you say something like, well, I don't know. I mean, I wasn't there, but I think it has a lot of mythological significance, or I think that maybe it happened in a different sense, or it happened in the sense that good fiction happens.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's then fine, but it needs to begin with that caveat of the simple sort of historically speaking. I don't know, and I know you don't like to pull out the history. That's a good objection, that's an important question. So no, of course it's a very good objection. So the So I just did a seminar on the Gospels with crew of about eight people and was the same crew that walked through Exodus with me, with a couple of variations, and we spend a lot of time on the resurrection accounts, for example, and of course that was the toughest Let's say that was the toughest morsel to chew and digest. The thing about the resurrection accounts is that they're all Look. So I could say something like this, which will just annoy people, but it doesn't matter. I believe the accounts, but I have no idea what they mean. When you say you believe the accounts, do you mean And I hate to be sort of yeah, pedantic here it seems pedantic, But do you mean you believe that these are things that happened such that if they didn't like that. Let me put it this way. If I went back in time with a Panasonic video camera and put that camera in front of the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea, would the little LCD screen show a man walk out of that team?
Speaker 1: This is how to you gotta be man. This is the moment of truth. A decade of public speaking, no one has ever pinned Jordan Peterson down this much, And to his credit, he actually kind of gives an answer. Now he immediately tries to walk him back, but to his credit, he does. And so I just want to be clear. The reason I'm playing this is because this is the most clear he's ever been in my opinion. I could be wrong, send me a video. If I'm wrong, I'll correct myself. But I've never personally seen him state his belief any clearer than this. So just a reminder. The question is, if I had a time machine, I go back in time to thirty or thirty three a d We're not sure which, and I set up a camera in the tomb or outside of the tomb, you know, on Sunday, does an angel roll that stone open and does a man walk out of that tomb alive of his own power? What say you, Jordan.
Speaker 4: Peterson, I would say suspect yes.
Speaker 2: So that that is that to me seems like a belief in the historical event of the resurrection, or at least of Jesus leaving the tomb, which means that when somebody says, you know, do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead, it doesn't seem clear to me why I'm not able to just say it would seem to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I have no idea what that means, and neither did the people who saw it.
Speaker 1: And we're back. So I mean, listen, it's fair. It's when dealing with the mysteries of the cosmos, it's fair. But I don't know, clearly, I'm not the first person to feel this way. This is a common thing.
Speaker 5: It is just.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know why it's off putting, but it is a little off putting to me, even me as someone who wrestles and struggles with a lot of doubt and who has been a lifelong atheist until recently. And I oscillate, you know, I read, I read there's a pet you know. I read the passage in Matthew about the Saint in the earthquake, cracking all the time, tombs open, and the Holy Ones walking into Jerusalem. I'm like, man, I mean, I'm not sure I can believe that happened, you know, Like that just for me, like kind of goes too far. Someone would have someone there should would be an extra biblical source of this, you know. And I strut with it, and then so I think, well, you know, it's the only gospel that mentions that it is possible. These are flawed human beings. Things get in there. I don't know, But then that sort of undermines other things, and then you start thinking, well, you know, maybe it could have happened in a way that is not particularly earth shattering. I mean, we're talking about supernatural events. These could be people that didn't know anyone. I mean, I don't know. It's tough listen, so some I think some of that is worth just submitting. You know, Now, if Jordan Peterson was like an evangelical Christian apologist, like I wouldn't expect him to admit that, you know, but we're just asking him, like, what do you do you believe? Now? I think my answer would be listen, I wrestle with a lot of the details. I do think that obviously Jesus was real historical person. His teachings to me strike me as like it's kind of difficult for me to accept that this is a man that's just to me like this. I mean, it's possible, you know, that he is just an invention of the Aescene Brotherhood and they just somehow managed to craft this tale about like the most morally perfect man like his like today morally perfect that's what's interesting and so back then would have been extremely outrageous and scandalous and so and then for this to come from a man we know what's crucified. Then of course ours there's physical potential, physical evidence. You know, it makes it makes people roll their eyes, but you know, shroud to turn that kind of stuff. And uh, and of course I've talked at length about that. You can go back and listen. But to me it's it's it's kind of difficult for me to accept now, but it could have been. But if you had Gun in my head, what do you believe? I'm gonna say, I think I think it's probably real. I don't necessarily think the Bible is an errant. You know, this is a sola scripture of you. I don't necessarily think that, I would say, I cert I almost certainly don't think that because even I mean not any ofay, we don't have to get into contradictions and stuff. But I don't necessarily think it's an errant. But I do think this is true. And so gun in my head, do I accept the core teachings of sort of like the mere merre Christianity, like the minimum things you need to accept to sort of like you vaguely call yourself a Christian. I would say yes, so I don't know. It's tough for him to do that. You know, that doesn't have to be your answer. Your answer can be I don't know, but he won't say I don't know. So anyway, I don't know if this is interesting to anybody. I just anyway. So I give you that preamble. Because two things happened. He did an event, a debate, it's called Jubilee surrounded, very adversarial, and it kind of was bizarre and it went badly for him. We'll play a clip from that later. He did a couple more interviews after that, and then he disappeared from the public spotlight. And apparently it's having like incredibly serious health issues. The health issues are kind of weird, so but they're not they're not outside the like what I would call the realm of possibility. And so here's just a little bit of a this is twenty two minutes. There's no way we'll listen to this whole thing. But let's just these guys are rude. I'm just going to preface they're kind of rude, salty coating the gurus.
Speaker 6: It's a bigger guru, Matt one, Jordan Peterson, whose absence has been noted. You felt a disturbance in the force. You've been saying, where's his tips? I wonder what Jordan thinks about this?
Speaker 7: Well, I was curious to find out.
Speaker 8: And I saw that Mikaela Peterson had a forty minute discussion on that, and I got ten seconds in and realized that I didn't need to know that much.
Speaker 1: But you can let me know.
Speaker 7: It's fairly predictable. It's fairly predictable.
Speaker 6: I think it might have been twenty minutes, but however long it was, it was too long. And she was teasing this for quite a while. You know, I'm going to give a health update on that, and blah blah blah blah blah. And the last help update to remind you, Matt, was that they had localized what the issue was. Toxic mold potentially infused by demon energy targeting.
Speaker 8: You don't want, you don't want, you don't want demonically infused toxic mold.
Speaker 1: That sounds it's actually kind of fun. I mean, I said, they're jerk. It's you know, you're talking about a sick person. You're trying to be respectful, right, But but yeah, this is based on, like I guess, some statements by family members kind of suggesting they felt like there was a spiritual element to this. I don't know, you know, so they're kind of making, you know, making light of that. But yeah, the claim is that it's it's a mold.
Speaker 5: You don't want that.
Speaker 6: No, that is the latest of the long line of differential pandosis that Jordan Peterson and Mikaila I went on there famously.
Speaker 1: She I like the use of differential diagnosis. I wonder if these guys are clinicians. That's a very clinical word.
Speaker 6: I like it to rush over Siberia and hot doctors put them in an induced which they reported give him bre and damage, but he managed to recover after like a year and a half or so. This time he's not been put in and then inter's coma. But it does sound like he's having a tough time. So here's Mikila updating some stuff.
Speaker 9: Before I get into it, let me be super clear. Dad has not been on a psych medication since January twenty twenty. This recent flare up of neurological symptoms wasn't due to new medications. That's partly why we had no idea what was going on for about six months. We went to specialists, obviously, and it was misdiagnosed repeatedly, which is super common. Then he got pneumonia and sepsis, and obviously that's a whole thing to recover from two and dangerous. You know, this year's just been terrible. This recent flare up that started last August was likely due to the stress of both of his parents, my grandparents dying last year, moving countries, selling his home, and mold exposures, which was enough to trigger a recurrence of neurological symptoms like what he experienced in twenty twenty twenty twenty one, something we obviously didn't think was possible after five and a half years away from these psych medications. But I've talked to psychiatrists who say they have patients that experience what experienced this. This has been unbelievably hard on my family. Every day for the last year.
Speaker 5: Has been hell.
Speaker 7: They go.
Speaker 6: So the long story short is that it is the side effects of the psych medications from five years ago that have been brought back to the fore because of the toxic mold, distressful family situations and the moving country stress of moving to America.
Speaker 8: There you go, okay, okay, well, good to have that update.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, you're not away, nice nice.
Speaker 5: Tiald Okay, Well you need to know more, you.
Speaker 7: Need a little bit more.
Speaker 6: So, first of all, you will note there that you know they went the specialists and misdiagnosed.
Speaker 7: That's such a problem.
Speaker 6: The Peter sens constantly yes, ceiling with experts feeling them.
Speaker 5: I will admit I.
Speaker 1: Don't like, you know, mocking the infirmed, but these guys are kind of funny. I don't know, hopefully that's not offensive it I have mixed feelings.
Speaker 8: Much like Eric Weinstein goes to ioies and doesn't like the response that he gets from them. Some people will go to specialists and repeatedly not get the diagnosis that they're looking for. But did they eventually get one that they preferred?
Speaker 6: Well, let's hear so, first of all, a little bit more about the doctors that feel them. It's like the follow tad speech and not to the liars.
Speaker 9: The problem this year likely was that because we didn't know stress and mold, exposure of stress really too could retrigger old neurological injuries. It was misdiagnosed a bunch and then medications and supplements that were used by a few of the doctors in hospitals worse than symptoms enough that it got to the point where we were like, oh, we know what akathesia is. Oh no, So now that we know what it is and have proper doctors, it can it can be carefully healed again like it has before, and it is. You can, so thank God for that. It's just horrifying and it's so infuriating that these sensitivities, this damage that can cause severe symptoms like this can last for so long after stopping psychmeds and then apparently be retriggered there again.
Speaker 6: Matt, you hear some of the difficult symptoms that are being faced, but also na as it's often the case they find a new bunch of doctors and treatments and this one is the actual correct one. The other ones were basically quacks and Charlatan's right, but this set are on the ball akathesia.
Speaker 1: Chris, do you have a definition for me? What is that?
Speaker 6: A definition for akathesia. It's a psychological symptom, a movement disorder which is characterized by intense subjective feelings of inner restlessness and compulsion to move, like, you know, feeling just constantly on edge and itchy or whatever the case might be. Right, it's a deeply unpleasant thing I believe to suffer from mine. She goes into very lurid, long, lengthy descriptions about, you know, the extent of the suffering. It's very common by Jordan Peterson has done this many many times before when he is describing anything he's enduring.
Speaker 8: It's always like the absolutely cinnacle of suffering. Yeah, and it's almost certainly totally true, right, I mean, probably the reality is that he is a somewhat frail, elderly man at this point who has had very experimental and serious interventions done on him in response to a pretty serious addiction. And you know, so it's not hard to understand that there would be stuff going on with him that is not good. Yeah, I doubt that they preferred diagnosis is better than any other one. Like, I don't don't know if it's a toxic model or not. I mean, it's probably just frailty, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, Jordan Peterson does have a bunch. I'm no clinical psychologists mat as you know, but he does have a bunch of scigns about like religious mania and delusions of grandeur and so on, and he has been diagnosed by their own report I think at least on two occasions as having schizophrenia in Canada.
Speaker 1: I would maybe push back a little bit on this part, you know. I mean, I don't know, does he really have a diagnosis of schizophrenia. That's hard for me to believe, you know, or is this you know, I don't know how Canadian health system works. But if someone just go on TV and say he looks schizophrenic, religious mania, I don't think that's fair. No delusions of grandeur, Yeah, I mean it's hard. I think it's probably hard to get this famous and not develop some issues. You know. This is why I'm so happy at our humble one hundred listeners. I don't want to get famous. I have a fear of success, actually, and I'm not afraid of it. I wear it like a badge of honor. This is this is right where I want to be. As long as I could bay my bills. I'm happy, you know. I have a almost zen contentment with my lot in life. So yeah, I maybe but I don't know, it seems kind of mean. It seems kind of don't kick a guy when he's down, called schizophrenic and has religious mania. I don't that seems to go too far.
Speaker 6: Which is not something that people willing really for around diagnosis mofe. So yeah, So, I mean, I have no idea what is actually a coming dart, but that Jordan Peterson has severe or psychological issues.
Speaker 7: I think it is absolutely obvious.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also, his entire family has a vitany at least all the ones in the public eye. The ones that aren'ted the public eye don't seem to report the same level of issues, right, But his wife and his daughter also have a long list of health issues, and some of them are like very well documented real things, like his wife was diagnosed with cancer which he was luckily able to treat with chemotherapy and so on and overcome. But other ones are much more like they claim they're treating it with their very restrictive diets and so on. Then let me actually just play a clip that relates to that.
Speaker 9: I was so unaware that stopping lexipro could cause these symptoms that I thought it was my autoimmune disorder. Somehow or sudden extreme food sensitivities because I had limited my diet to a paleo keto diet, which obviously doesn't make any sense. You don't cut things out and then when you reintroduce them, you hallucinate like that's not a thing that happens. The main thing that flared up my neurological injury were foods and preservatives in foods, and then for Dad, his symptoms when when they got really bad years ago and more recently, were more severe than that. We're not on an all meat diet for fun. We're on an all meat diet because we've been left with extremely long lasting sensitivities and neurological injuries from these medications. And Dad's more sensitive than me, maybe because he was older or on has has aries longer, and because because of the clonazepam for sure. So that's a brief description of my experience with acathesia and psychmed withdrawal. It lasted two and a half years for me, and it only started to go away when I switched from the paleo dairy free keto diet to only eating meat.
Speaker 8: Doesn't paint a very healthy picture, does it of the situation of the entire family.
Speaker 6: You remember when we covered Mikila, like her podcast was, I.
Speaker 1: Think we'll wrap up there. I will say, you know, I think Kala is trying to kind of offer a nuanced explanation, which is that there's sort of an interaction between diet and medications, which is possible. But listen, psychological psychiatric medication can really mess you up. And so of course, like this is not medical advice. You know, this is absolutely not medical advice. I'm not a psychiatrist. Just you know, take a look at the research, which you could even argue is maybe a little skewed, because you know, there's potential incentives to not report, you know, to not dedicate your life to studying the side effects of profitable medications. You know, I'd like to believe that when they're discovered, they're reported. That's kind of I actually kind of do believe that. But there's not like huge incentive to try to discover that drugs aren'tsafe. But anyway, they're not always safe, and that's an understatement. You know, antipsychotics, benzodie as it beans in general.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy that we used to prescribe those the way we did and we still do, but there's a lot more knowledge. I remember, I got valume, I got my wisdom teeth taken out, and the surgeon like was really into anesthesia, so before he gave me like their normal anesthesia, he just dosed me with the mega valume. And I was like, oh my god. You know, I don't know what heroin is like, but it's got to be like this, you know, because if I had this button at home, if I could push this button and feel this way at home, like I'd be pushing it a lot. And so that was like that kind of scared me a little bit. I'm like, thank goodness, my mom had a little value issues it a little red wine and valume issues, so it felt like I got some insight into that. But yeah, I mean, you can very easily die once you stop taking them, and they're incredibly addictive and contrary to sort of their giggling, I mean, there are many reports of like like almost like LSD echoes, you know, like we're ten years later, you'll have neurological flare ups and the symptoms are very similar to what Jordan Peterson is describing. So in my opinion, the mold thing. I mean, it sounds like he's he had a very serious drug addiction, to very powerful drugs, and uh and maybe you know, maybe there's some kind of connection to mold or stress. Stress sounds more likely to me personally, but causing the sort of flare up which sounds incredibly painful. I mean, he has like uncontrolled tremors. It sounds like, which is a symptom of benzodiazepine withdrawal that has been reported ten years later, So it's definitely possible. I think he was also taking adavan or laurasivam as the generic name. I took like a heroic dose. I won't give too many details. I don't want to accidentally imply that it is something illegal, because of course I didn't. But I'm terrified of flying, and so I of course legally acquired and was prescribed by a medical professional these this medication, and I I it was from my honeymoon. I'm terrified to fly. Flew to my friend's wedding in Florida and kind of made it, but it reminded me of how much I hated flying. So then from from Florida to Cancun, which is where we went to on our honeymoon. I took one like an hour before the plane ride. I didn't feel anything. I took another, I took another. I took like the whole I took so much and I never really felt anything. So that must have been some weird I don't know. I don't know anything about that drug, so maybe it. But but it is the bends that diazepen, you know. So those are my two bends that diazepine experiences, and Jordan Peterson's been on those and much more, much more than that. I think it was on anti psychonics, which is like you're just going into the brain and turning knobs. It is. It's way more art than science that I hesitate to call it an art. It is like you're you're flicking levers, you're unplugging and replugging in. You know you're doing. It's like it's you, you're trying to get your computer to work. It's your boomer, your boomer grandma or mom trying to get the internet to open. Is what this is. You're just like banging buttons, just shot in the dark, and it can really screw you up. So I do kind of agree with their point though, that's probably what this is it's not maybe not as much diet and stuff, but who knows. Anyway, the discontinues, We're done, but they play a clip of Jonathan Pago and I didn't watch the whole thing, but they sort of are implying that he is making a claim that God and the quote was maybe pinning him against the wall end quote, sort of as like punishment for his ambiguity about Christianity and his reluctance. So I'll need to watch the whole clip because it's kind of hard for me to believe Pago would say that. But you know, a lot of people do feel that way about Jordan Peterson. A lot of his followers really don't understand. And you know, that's just kind of a bed Jordan Peterson made for himself. You know, you can be a conservative atheist, it's allowed. You know, you can be a gay conservative. You can be an atheist conservative. So I mean, you can be an atheist conservative who's interested in theology, like these are all options available to you. Is just I think people do just want to like, hey, what do you think? And they would like a straight answer occasionally, you know, is that all right? I mean you could say his face is none of your business. And I would normally agree, except number one, he's a public figure and number two, he's a He's a public figure constantly talking about Christianity, So to just say like, hey, do you believe this stuff or do you just think it's interesting? Like, I don't know. All right, this episode's kind of going on, but I do want to play his last one of his last appearances because when I read the comments section of that last video, it's first of all, very unfairly critical number one. Number two, a lot of people said it's not the Benzos, it's Jubilee. So the claim was he had this like horrible. I mean, I don't know how bad it really was. We'll listen to it, but he had this kind of rough experience. While there's sort of a lot of political pressure. There's a lot of daily wire hate out there, you know, justified or unjustified, and I think you know there are right wing political divide right now, so that's got to be stressful. And he has this bad showing that's got to be stressful. He's dealing with psychological issues obviously, so this could also explain the flirup. So let's listen. This is Trent Horn interviewing. In the title of the video is the atheist who in quotes broke Jordan Peterson. There's no like logical place to start the clip, so the first few seconds might not make sense.
Speaker 10: Talk about that later in the interview, because I found that fascinating. I always find it interesting atheists who study theology. Frankly, there's a fair number of theologians that I think are actually just atheists, but they enjoy the subject and they still like getting a paycheck. Frankly, of course, there are many great theologians who are also very fervent believers. But yeah, I always find it interesting when they are atheists who just have an interest in the theology stuff which can which can actually make sense.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about that here in a second.
Speaker 10: So you're doing that, and then you you ended up going on Jubilee for Surren So Jubilee for people who haven't seen these things, and I've I've talked about them in my previous episode how debates became dumb because I don't particularly enjoy the format, but I see its usefulness and getting a lot of views. So Jubilee will do these surrounded episodes for people who aren't familiar with them. You get ten twenty people around one person, and people rush to a chair and they get like three minutes to debate the guy until everybody else in the other chairs votes them out. And so you were there. You you were invited under a particular pretense of debating of atheists debating a Christian and then things went a little askew.
Speaker 5: Why don't you fill.
Speaker 1: Us little context to just sort of make the case because this guy, this guy was an absolute jerk in the video. Let's like, let's just admit it. He was a jerk, right, But I mean these things, these Jubilee surrounded things, they can catapult a career. You know, like this is like the next American idol, you know, gen Z. It's like, you get on here if you if you like own Jordan Peterson or whoever. They don't even know who they're debating ahead of time, so if you but it's gonna be somebody famous, right if you own some famous Christian apologist, which is who they think they're debating, a famous Christian apologist, that can like launch a YouTube channel career, You do interviews, you know, you start going on Pierce More again. Blah blah, blah. So people prepare for this. They like study, you know, they study the debate tactics and you know, and they're all pretty young, so they generally don't do that good of a job. But it's a big deal. And so they're told you will to be debating a Christian apologist. Jordan Peterson shows up. He's a Christian. You know, most people sort of assume he's a Christian political guy. So he fits the bill, let's do it. And so this is the premise for the for the debate.
Speaker 5: Then on kind of your side the inside of this, what happened?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, before I do something about the format of Jubilee under quick comment about that, Yeah, I was sort of the same. I had the same attitude. I thought Jubilee was a terrible format for debate. Okay, sort of changed my mind about Jubilee, and because I think that it got a lot of people interested in topics that they would not otherwise discuss, Like my dad for example. Yeah, started looking into more of the kind of debates the philosophy of religion, you know, that kind of thing. And if Jubilee didn't like kind of it's like a conversation starter. I agree with you that you know, as far as making progress, there's probably none there right then and there. But it's interesting how it brings up topics that people now now, people like you know are now have a just.
Speaker 10: Talking to talk about, right Yeah, And I and I can see the utility there. And I think debates in general can't really solve these complex issues, but they serve a useful purpose in helping people get interested in the subject and then dive deeper into it. So that's why I still appreciate a debate that's good faith and people actually get from both sides really learned from it, and not just one person using debate tricks on another person.
Speaker 5: I cannot stand.
Speaker 10: That, and so I worry though in the Juwbilie format, it's just really so hyper concentrated. It turns into rhetoric and debate tricks. But I have seen some good interactions. I actually met the gentleman who was for the vegan debate that I think that they recently had, and I think they had just very you know, it was very cordial interactions. Doesn't have to be a bunch of tricks. But yeah, so I think though it's an interesting format. I mean, i'd be open to it. We'll see what happens in the future. How did you how'd you get into it? And what was the story there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they invited me.
Speaker 11: A friend sort of said hey, you should probably invite this person, and then that's what they did, and I accepted. They did say it was one Christian versus twenty Atheist. The story goes that Jordan Peterson didn't and or his team didn't get that memo. But there's and he says, now that you know, that was never brought to attention. However, I and many others recall before they started filming, they announced welcome to One Christian versus twenty Atheists, and I remember Jordan Peterson giggled and said, hah, some people don't think I am. So he did know the title or the pro the title of the video. Now I don't think he's lying. I actually, you know, there's a part of our clip where where when I ask him what kind of you.
Speaker 7: Know what video?
Speaker 4: Do you know where you're where you are?
Speaker 11: What the title of the video or something like that, he looks down and tries to read what the title?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 11: Wait, like, you know we're here for Jordan Peterson, Peterson versus twenty eighteists and it didn't say that, Oh right.
Speaker 1: There was something on there's something on his desk, and I went back and checked that, and that's one percent true. I mean Jordan Peterson goes to like correct him, like I know, I know good and well where I am I'm at, and he put kind of looks down at the paper. He doesn't say this, but it's I think this is a fair characterization. He looks down at the paper and he like wants to start reading it, and it says one, you know, one Christian versus twenty eight Theists, and so he stops himself. And so listen, who cares? You know, but when you make mistakes the way you the way you handle it, the way you rebound, it says a lot about your your you in your current mental state, and personally, I think people should be extended forgiveness and empathy and grace in those situations, which is why I don't ever want to do a debate. But that's not what happened in front of him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he was that piece of paper and he looked down to verify Okay, okay, look no this is not I'm not supposed to be So he might he might have been confused.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: I think he was confused.
Speaker 11: Now that's compatible with being you know, negligent or or sort of you know, sort of absent minded. But so I don't think he's lying about you know, I think I think he is confused. However, given that they announced it beforehand, yeah all right, you know, I would probably place a little bit of blame on him unless he went on the George Jenkos okay, yeah, yeah and blamed Jubilee almost completely. I think that's that was unfair in my opinion, given my experience there. But yeah, everybody was under the impression it was one. They had just done the one Atheist versus twenty Christians, right, yeah, Alex, right, so everything is in line with doing the one Christian versus twenty eight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because I had heard from other people who were there. You don't know who it's going to be. You're debating. You just show up, and people were speculating who it might.
Speaker 1: It really sucks because you get Alex O'Connor as the one atheist. He's probably the best guy to do it, you know. And then the Christians we feeled Jordan Peterson like a guy who won't even admit to being Christia. It just to me it was kind of I don't know, maybe was that by design or it.
Speaker 10: Does be Is it going to be this this Christian apologist or that Christian apologist and trying to like prep because you don't know who it's going to be, and then it turns out to be Jordan Peterson. So and that led to this moment, which went pretty viral on the internet. So I'm going to play it for our listeners now and then we can we can chat more about that.
Speaker 4: Are you familiar with their doctrines? Somewhat?
Speaker 11: Okay, you're you're familiar. How do they regard how do they regard Mary? Why are you asking me because you're a Christian? You say that I haven't claimed that.
Speaker 5: Oh what is this?
Speaker 4: Is this a Christians versus atheist?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know where you are right now.
Speaker 11: Don't be a smart ass? Well, and I mean you're if you're a smart ass. Oh, either you're a Christian or you're not. Which one is it?
Speaker 4: I could be either of them.
Speaker 1: But I don't have to take you.
Speaker 7: You don't have to tell me.
Speaker 11: I was under the impression I was invited to talk to a Christian. Am I not talking to a Christian?
Speaker 4: No, you were invited to.
Speaker 11: I think everyone should look at the title of the YouTube channel. You're probably in the wrong YouTube video.
Speaker 4: You're really quite something.
Speaker 1: You are, aren't I?
Speaker 11: But you're really quite nothing right, You're not a Christian.
Speaker 1: I'm done with him.
Speaker 11: I was that's quite to burn. There quite a spectacle. When I first watched that. I was like, oh my gosh, I mean, and then I being too aggressive. I didn't know how it would come across to other people.
Speaker 10: But you were, I mean, you were genuinely surprised, and I would be. And this is something that while I appreciate some of Jordan Peterson's insights, that has been a perennial complaint of mind and a lot of people, the ambiguity of discussing important issues that while I agree, like like talking about the question does God exist? Yeah, if the word God needs something radically different between two people, you should probably clarify what you mean by that word first. But if it becomes we can't know what any words mean, what does this mean?
Speaker 5: What does that mean? Have I told you this or not?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It becomes frustrating. So were you having just like kind of a genuine sense of frustration and trying to engage him.
Speaker 11: So so I think this is around the between the forty five to fifty minute mark, maybe fifty three minutes.
Speaker 10: This was the third prompt, and we can talk about the prompt bics. I wanted to see where you were going because brought Catholic stuff and that interests me. His prompt and in Jubilee they give four debate prompts. The central guy gives his was everybody worships something. So that's where the context is what we were discussing with.
Speaker 11: Right, But I had to sit through the first fifty minutes of that recording, right, and a lot of the way that he was, the stuff he was saying, the way he was treating people, it was like I was like getting charged where I was like getting more and more frustrated listening to all their previous interactions, Like in the first interaction.
Speaker 2: I think it was a friend of mine named Kad like he was OK.
Speaker 5: Yes, the other guests of the show.
Speaker 11: Yes, there was like a point where he was like he just snapped at him for no good reason. Some of the interactions with Parker, like you know, with the I think the line to the Nazis one, I was just like so annoyed, and it carried over to the into our interaction. So it was left over frustration from the other conversations that led me to become more disposed to to for that kind of behavior. But yeah, so yeah, but so going back to your original question, Yeah, there there was also the frustration that he was sort of like, I hear you, it's your definition, what's your definition of worship? And then I felt like there was a sort of changing going on. And there was a few times where he interrupted me, but that was no big deal. Well, you people interrupt each other in debates.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that seal right, But yeah, but I think it was just kind of an odd like, if I were to go in there as the Christian engaging for atheists, that's not a prompt that I would necessarily choose. I don't really care. Like everybody worships something, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 10: To me as a Catholic, I would say, worship means giving something, it's worthship, And so I agreed.
Speaker 1: With Okay, I think we'll just wrap up. But yeah, so he just kind of made the reason he was going this direction is because one of the prompts is atheists also worship things, and so you know, he kind of felt like this was sort of a rage baity title, you know, or topic design to inflame, and so he was just saying like, like, you know, what do you think about Catholics? Do you think they have different degrees of worship for different things? And yeah, they have a different degree of worship for saints, have words for it. I don't know that, but there's a type of worship that only God merits. But then there's also you can show reverence or worship to marry into the saints, and there's this hierarchy, right, And so he was going to say, like you allowed that, like you don't criticize that. Why can't atheists sort of have something like that where they have something that is like worship but you know it's like a type of humanism or something, and why can't that just be okay? You know, like what if we just grant the point? Now, that's not what he said, and maybe he was going to get a little bit more respectful. He was very aggressive, but it just revealed this like fundamental I think flaw in the character that Jordan Peterson has built. And I don't say that like to be too critical of him. And you know, even like I, sometimes I change day to day on things, so like I'm not I don't necessarily have like a stable, a perfectly stable identity. And if he really has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, then he really doesn't have a stable identity, right, But generally is like a public figure in this space, you got to you kind of, I don't know, you gotta kind of be a little bit got it sort of. He does seem like he's living out a very like neurotic episode in his life publicly, which is rough, and so I feel for him, but you know, you at some point you can't just say I've made millions of dollars and maybe I'll just chill out a little bit, you know, just kind of maybe not throw myself into the lions dead as it were. So I don't know, I don't know if this was interesting. I like to believe it's not political, even though Jordan Peterson is sort of a kind of political commentator. Definitely not kind of he is a political commentator, but he's more than that obviously. You know, he's he's a great writer. I think he's an important I think we'll sort of be like an important historical figure. You know, he's kind of like a Canadian martyr, right like he's being sort of I'm speaking for him, right like, sort of being like unjustly persecuted getting this clinical license take in a way. But you know, on this particular issue. Yeah, just I think I think you can have too fragmented of an identity, you know, I wrestle with that, and so I think I think, you know, I think the public eye is very tough, and when your identity is sort of fragmented, it's rough. And if you're not positioning yourself as like an open minded truth seeker who's really trying to figure it out and doesn't know what they believe, you know, if you're positioning yourself as like an authority figure on you know, Christian topics, right, then it gets a little it gets a little weird. Man, I gets a little dicey. So I'm not totally surprised that this happened. This has been like an ongoing commentary about Jordan Peterson in the space. But I wish him well and I hope he recovers, and I hope his family recovers. Listen, man, we're all in this together, We're all down here in the dirt together. There is like a insane lack of empathy, and there is real evil out there too, So like, if you want to get worked up about something, there is actual, honest to god evil. So stuff like this, I think it's best to really just view with charity. And so even though I've kind of gossiped and stuff for the last what hour or whatever, I do think that's probably a good message. Also, you know, psychiatric drugs are a hell of a thing to dabble it, you know, so I would just really encourage you to be your own advocate if you are in the psychiatric health care machine. I'm not telling you to stop taking it, like seriously, not medical advice, but if you're not yet on anything, just like do like do you I hate to say this, but like do your own research, get multiple opinions, you know, especially if you are having hesitancy. Hesitancy because you know, life is really hard and so I mean if you're depressed, for example, I would ask yourself if you have good reason to be like ives your life is really bad, Like are you struggling with health issues? Did you get dumped? Did you get fired, Like it's kind of normal to feel depressed when that happens, and so that's not necessarily doesn't necessitate a medical intervention, you know. I think the first line and should be like, I just got to get my life back on track. You know, That's that's what you gotta do. You shouldn't say you shouldn't just be like, I'm never going to be able to get my life on track. Therefore I have a disease and I need to be medicated. I don't know. That's my personal opinion. I know people are very defensive about this. I generally try not to talk about it because people get very like, I've seen it. You know, I've seen it. I've got plenty of friends on lexibro. You know, I'm not singling out that drug. It's just a very common, commonly prescribed drug. So yeah, this is not personal, Like I'm not directing it at you. I imagine there are many people who need more serotonin in their synapses or whatever, but I will point out it's just also just a lot more complicated than that. Like I think there's this idea, like this media and fired idea of like, oh, there's these chemicals that make you feel good, and if I just had more of them, you know, it's like, well, it's not really how it works. You know. Our brain is not like a flimsily designed object that that is just constantly breaking down and doing things without reason. You know. It's not an old It's not an old Uh, what's an unreliable car? I don't know. It's not an old Jaguar that constantly needs to be tinkered with. You know, sometimes like you're you feel a way for a reason, you know, so now listen. Obviously, if you're having like serious you know, I've talking about like suicidal ideation and stuff. Of course, just in general, I'm going to My advice is to seek health, you know, the opinion of a healthcare professional. But that said, I don't know, I have a really deep concern. It's like an issue that I do care deeply about. Like it's not normal to numb a society to emotion. I mean, this is what many of these drugs do. Crazy side effects. I mean you can lose sexual function for the rest of your life. And uh, and that's that sure doesn't seem like it would help someone struggling with the case of the blues. You know, and I'm not saying that's what depression is. But if you just if if if you if the person you love left you or died, or you lost your identity because you lost your job, Like that's a legitimate reason to be deeply sad and potentially depressed. And so you got to figure that out. And so I do think there is like a tendency to want to numb it. It's like a painkiller. You know, you have chronic pain. You want to take a drug, but man, if you take if you take time every day for the rest of your life, you're going to get liver failure. You know, well you'll be an increased risk of liver issues. Let's say that. So anyway, and also, you know, just just be aware, like if you go to a carburetor repair man with car issues, I mean, your chances of the issue being carburetor related increases greatly, you know, you do.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: You invite a window a window guy over to your house and you really need plumbing. You know, he's probably not going to try to fix your plumbing. He's going to try to fix your windows, you know, So there's sort of a bias there's an expertise bias. If you go to a guy and the only treatment he had, Like, think about this, The only intervention at a psychiatris's fingertips is to prescribe you with medications antipsychotics, antidepressants, and so like, what are you expecting to be? Like, what are you expecting the outcome to be? You know, like, this is the one this is the one lever they have. There's no other lever for them to to pull. And it's like, yeah, maybe they won't pull that lever. But then but then they didn't do anything. They didn't address the issue. You know, they're trained to treat symptoms as physicians should be, you know, So I just be aware of the biases, be an advocate for yourself. This is a long episode. All right, let's wrap up. Please email me at God's I view book at gmail dot com. Feel free to tell me where I'm wrong. Listen, I don't need any emails about saying why you're on lexapro. Like, dude, life is a frickin minefield. Okay, so if you're on lexapro, maybe you should be. I mean, I have no opinions, so please don't email me that, Like I have opinions about you specifically. Okay, this is just a broad commentary on society, and you know what, maybe it just is. Okay, if you're really going through hell to numb it a little bit, maybe that's Maybe that's good, that that's there. I'm just saying it shouldn't be like a first line defense against real problems. Okay, email me at God's I viewbook at gmail dot com. I'd love to hear from you, guys. I really appreciate the emails. That's what keeps me going, honestly, so please reach out. Please recommend show topics, paste links you know of cool videos, articles. I get that stuff from you guys all the time. I love it. We have a great guest coming up looking at like Francis Bacon and Shakespeare and very cool, actually very cool. So I'm very excited about that. Until next time, everybody, stay safe out there, try to stay happy if you can, and God bless