Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech, Damn Kase.
Speaker 2: Wellhi everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I hope you're enjoying your Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Your Los Angeles Dodgers twenty games over five hundred sixty two and forty two on this season, first place and all alone atop the NL West, a seven and a half game lead over San Diego going into play tonight after a six to one homestand that included taking three or four from the San Francisco Giants. The Dodgers immediately hit the road for an eight game roadie, first stop Houston in a three game weekend series against the Houston Astros. First pitcher, Minute made Park is coming up at five to ten with Gavin Stone on the.
Speaker 3: Mound coming up.
Speaker 2: Over the next hour, we'll have a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup, David Vasago's one on one with Dick on med who had a big home run yesterday. Shortly, of course, we'll hear from Rick Monday and Tim nevert out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well Yesterday at Dodger Stadium, the Dodgers wrapped up a series against San Francisco with Clayton Kershaw making his twenty twenty four debut two hundred ninety three days since his last start offseason shoulder surgery. Clayton Kershaw gets the start four innings, two runs, six hits, six strikeouts, two walks. He threw seventy two pitches. He got an early lead thanks to Key k Hernandez with an RBI single in the second. In the third inning, it was a rough one. The first four batters got on base, including a Tyler Fitzgerald RBI triple, then Ramo's RBI single as the Giants took a two to one lead, but Kershaw on the ropes, got back to back to back strikeouts to end the third and in the threat the Dodgers would take the lead. In the fourth, Key k Hernandez an RBI double tied it, and then Austin Barnes game the lead.
Speaker 4: Barnes on the ground, he goes off the glove of the third basement. Chapman it Ricochet's off the wall kick comes around second to score. The Dodgers take the lead. It's three to two on Austin Barnes's second hit of the day.
Speaker 2: Austin barn is delivering with the RBI single. He extends his hitting his cheek to eleven straight games. Dodgers of three to two. They tack on one more in the fourth on Jason Hayward grounded into a double play, but Andy Pott has scored from third.
Speaker 3: That gave the Dodgers a four to two lead.
Speaker 2: The eighth inning, though Alex Vessi and Blake trying and gave up the lead as the Giants scored a pair of runs. Jegesilaire a bloop single to center tied it at four.
Speaker 3: The bottom of.
Speaker 2: The eighth, though the Giants with the momentum until the Dodgers snatched it back. Nick I med the former Giant now Dodger.
Speaker 3: Got it done.
Speaker 4: Now the two to two pitch, i'm ed left center field fly ball carrying back toward the wall.
Speaker 5: It hits the good thick comment, did you.
Speaker 3: His second home run of the year?
Speaker 4: His first is a Dodger, so get back against his old club. The Dodgers lead at five to four.
Speaker 2: Released by the Giants two and a half weeks ago, signed by the Dodgers three days ago. His second start, hits a home run in the eighth inning.
Speaker 6: They give the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers a five to four lead. Before the Dodger fans could even sit down, show he Otani the first pitch he saw a home run to write his thirty first of the season. Back to back home runs, Dodgers take a six to four lead. Brent Honeywell, Yes, he got the save in the ninth inning. He becomes the ninth Dodger to pick up his save this season. Dodgers get the win six for the final, the win goes to Blake Trident after blowing the save.
Speaker 3: Honeywell gets the save.
Speaker 2: As the Dodgers improved to sixty two and forty two, they take three or four from San Francisco. They take nine to thirteen from the Giants in the season series. They go six to one on the homestand they've now got a seven and a half game lead in the division. And today they hit the road for an eight game road trip. First top Houston Gavin Stone on the on the series opener against the Astros and with Morelands head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth as we say hello and welcome back to Rick Monday and Tim never guys.
Speaker 7: Thanks Tim very much, and here we are and Houston. The roof is closed at Minute Made Park, Dodgers in this building for the first time since the twenty twenty one season, as the Dodgers get set for Game one of a three game set with the Houston Astros. The Astros now lead the American League Western Division by one game over Seattle fifty three and forty nine, while the Dodgers are seven and a half up on the Padres. To start action today sixty two and forty two. The pitching matchup Gavin Stone, the right hander at nine to three. He'll apose left handed veteran from Ber Valdez, who authored a no hitter last August, almost a year ago to the day, with Valdez eight and five and a three to six y three earned run average. Dodgers coming off a very good homestand where they went six one in the seven games, sweeping Boston and taking three of four from the San Francisco Giants. Great Monday is back with us from his time off and glad to see them all, and glad to see him back here at Houston.
Speaker 8: And glad to see the ball club playing very well, especially with the dramatics of late innings and coming up extra innings on top of it too. One thing the Dodgers need to do, obviously, is it come off. The last road trip was not a good and by any stretched imagination, they dropped seven of the last nine on the road. But I think there's also a little bit extra fire because yes it's the Astros, and yes there's only two remaining players in the Astros lineup, that being out Tuvey and Brugman. They were part of that team back in twenty seventeen in the World Series and everything that went along with the trash can. But there's still a lot of pullaballooth you will, the Dodgers and the Astros, and no reason to think differently here.
Speaker 7: Well, this is a tale of two different teams when it comes to play at home and on the road. For example, the Astros have won ten of their last twelve home games, while the Dodgers have dropped seven of their last nine games on the road.
Speaker 8: And we start to look at the Astros, I mean, you go back to the eighteenth of June, they were thirty three and forty, so they were seven games below the five hundred mark. They were ten games out of first place. Talk about turning things around, well, since the eighteenth of June, they've gone twenty and nine. As you mentioned, they have a slim margin as far as the lead one game against the Seattle Mariners, but if you look at the Astros, that's quite a turnaround. I mean ten games out on the eighteenth of June.
Speaker 7: One of the matchups to watching this ball game tonight will be from ber Valdez against shoe Hey Otani, and not for the reasons that you think, because Otani seems to hit everybody everywhere all the time. He has really struggled against Valdez in his career, only four for thirty four, hitting one to eighteen against the Astros.
Speaker 8: Had a good time to turn things around, I think really coming into his ballpart two, there's going to be a lot of I think eyes focused on Miguil Vargas in left field. Why, well, it's only three point fifteen down the left field line. You've got a very high auxiliary scoreboard right behind you. If you're playing left field, then you've got high walls in left center field. On top of it, the angle of the ball coming off of the wall might mean something a little bit differently. The other part two is you've got a shorter through from left field being so shallows, so we may see some plays on the bases, but for left fielders it could be a nightmare.
Speaker 7: It can be tough, and left field it can be tough. In left center field, where the garage doors are in front of one of the bullpens. It is a ballpark you got to spend some time in in order to master the outfield wall on the left side of this building. Astros and Dodgers Game one of a three game set coming up.
Speaker 3: Tim All right, thank.
Speaker 2: You guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game game meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's Right now, it's Shaky's coming.
Speaker 3: Up here on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts wheel check in with David Vasse. Of course we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but I'm next your Otani rewind So leads after first pitch from Houston Dodgers Astros. Thanks for being with us on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: He's the Dodgers and Astros from Houston. Kevin Stone, framber of Valdez. The pitching matchup series opener for a minute made Park coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: This is the rewind.
Speaker 4: It's from Lux Hernandez and Barnes. In this fourth inning, Dodgers leading three to two. The one o to Otani spray through the left side. An opposite field base hit gets into the gap. Barnes cuts the bag at second, heads to third. Otan racing for a second, he slides. He's saved, just avoided the tag. Now show Hey Otani. First pitch, swinging high in the ear right field, hip deep toward the corner.
Speaker 3: Carry ball.
Speaker 8: Get out that.
Speaker 4: Whow Back to back home runs for Ahmed and Otani. Number thirty one for Show Hey, and just like that, it's now sixty four.
Speaker 2: Show Heyotani with a home run is thirty first of the year. He drives in the run. He's now got seventy four RBI on this season. Otani yesterday two for four, on base three times with a walk, now hitting three twelve, a three ninety nine on base percentage and slugging at a six thirty five percentage.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The Otani rewind brought to you by Eto Anzoyo Ja, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Showyotani loves and drinks available your local Diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot Com. That's it, O E n dot showy ol Tani delivered, but so did the Dodgers bottom half of the lineup. Batter's five through nine yesterday and there's six to four winner with the Giant I can buy nine for nineteen with four. Ribby's Austin Barnes was doing the catching yesterday for Clayton Kershaw. Batting eighth, he goes two for four with an RBI single. He's now hitting two eighty on this season. And afterwards Barnes he caught up with Kirsten Austin.
Speaker 1: It was Kershaw day today. How special was it to see.
Speaker 9: Him get back out on that on that mount and have success today?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's special. He's one of the best pitchers ever. You know, you woke up today, he's kind of excited. You get to catch see Kershaw pitch and uh, just going.
Speaker 3: Out there with him.
Speaker 10: I thought he threw the ball really well.
Speaker 3: We got us in trouble in a third.
Speaker 10: Eighty, but came back with three bunchies. You know, I thought it was really encouraging, and I'm excited.
Speaker 3: To see what happens in the future.
Speaker 9: And you and your teammates were able to give them some running support or early. What's been the focus for you at the plate as of late.
Speaker 10: Just getting me in good positions it hit and just trying to pick at swings on the ball. You know, I feel pretty good up there right now and just got to keep going.
Speaker 9: We saw Nick Ammed have a home run with this team. We've heard about the injuries to Miguel row Has as well as Chris Taylor.
Speaker 3: How is someone like him?
Speaker 9: How has he stepped in and helped get.
Speaker 6: This team gone?
Speaker 3: That's just awesome.
Speaker 10: It's a you know, the coming on team, a new team in the first two days and hit a game winning home run.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. You know, he came over and picked us up.
Speaker 10: We gave up two runs in the eighth inning, which you know we can't happen, and he came in and gave us that lift we needed.
Speaker 1: All Right, you guys now have won this series. You swept the Red Sox.
Speaker 9: How big was it to get the second half of this season going with how you guys started this one?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: We know what kind of team we are.
Speaker 10: You know, obviously we had some run strat patches, but we're still one of the best teams in baseball, so we feel good about ourselves.
Speaker 1: All right, But Austin, congratulations on this one today.
Speaker 3: Actually, all right, there's Austin bars Man.
Speaker 2: He is starting to heat up offensively already, a really good defensive catcher working behind the plates. And the Dodgers get the win yesterday six to four, to take three or four from San Francisco. And of course, don't forget the home stands started with the sweep over the weekend of the Boston Red Sox. As the Dodgers keep winning, so did the San Diego Padres. They won yesterday their fifth in a row. It doesn't matter if the Dodger you still keep on winning. They still we'll keep their seven and a half game lead in the Division. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get ridy roll car. Don't it today? Your car could be picked up tomorrow. It's that easy. Donate now at carsfo Kids dot Org. That's cars with a K. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to before first bitch, we're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Gavin Stone on the Mounta.
Speaker 3: He's been great.
Speaker 2: David Vase goes one on one with Nick Onmed. What a storybook moment he had yesterday, forty eight hours after signing with the Dodgers. Who's at home in Arizona, comes in inserting the lineup two days ago yesterday hits a home run to give the Dodgers lead against his former team that dfad him two and a half weeks ago. What a wild story it's been for him, but a positive one for the Dodgers after picking him up.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from Nick Onmed.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we'll get you in injury reports, latest on Freddie Freeman, who is headed home, and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts as well, it's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Ashtros. First pitch im Houston A five to ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Morongo Casino Dodgers on dec continues on this Friday afternoon Morongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam four Good Times.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Houston to take on the Astros, the.
Speaker 2: Start of a three game series, the start of an eight game road trip that includes two days off next week Monday and Thursday off days for the Dodgers, and they head to San Diego and then Oakland for the final time ever at the Memorial Coliseum. That's the next weekend. This weekend, they're in Houston. First pitch tonight, coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chris Taylor on the IL with the left groinstring, Miguel Rojas on the IL with the right forearm tightness, Mookie Bets on the eye out the fraction left hand. Yesterday before the Dodgers finale against the Giants, Mooki was on the field taking ground balls, so he is slowly progressing as that hand is healing. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the iel at the strained rotator craft. He talked to the media earlier on the last homestand about his hopes of returning Walker Bueller on the ielt the sore hip. Walker Bueller is actually about to take the mound right now in Triple A, Oklahoma City on a minor league rehab assignment, and if he does well here one more after that, we could see Walker Bueller back in this Dodger's rotation. Michael Grove on the il with the last soreness. He's working his way back as well, Max Munsey, Bruce Dark Graderol Gradol is in Triple A Oklahoma City getting some minor league work in, as is Ryan Brazier, who flew to join the Oklahoma City Dodgers, and he will pitch at some point in tonight's Triple A game for the Dodgers affiliate. Dustin May, Kyle Hurt and She and Tony Gonslon of course all done for this season, so you're up to date.
Speaker 3: On all the injuries.
Speaker 2: Let's head back out to Houston and get the pregame thoughts on the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Any.
Speaker 6: Questions for Dave.
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: There's gonna be a lineup change. Freddie's gonna head home because something's going on with this son. So so Gavin will be in there. We'll move Visio to first base, and then Gavin will be at second base. So that's what the whole dog was.
Speaker 3: I want you to take part of being away.
Speaker 11: You know. I mean I don't I don't know the answer, but I would. I don't know the answer.
Speaker 6: I've been dealing with this for a couple of days.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, Chelsea posted something and then so he's gonna get back, and obviously the last few days he's hasn't been here, you know, emotionally, it's been certainly hard for him and he needs to be with this family.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's is it Is it something where he's gonna be gone for the rest of the road trip?
Speaker 11: You think that, I honestly, I don't know. I think this is just something that we just learned and he needs to be at home and so he's going to take care of that and then we'll figure figure that out.
Speaker 12: You know, he came out to do his usual pregame routine with Dino. Did he decide that before or after?
Speaker 5: As far as afterward, you know, something changed or just kind.
Speaker 11: Of I think they're just I don't. I just know that, you know, something spurred it where he feels like he's got to go home.
Speaker 13: He is he gonna go on I got one of those lists or I'm not gonna know which list he can go on to kind of.
Speaker 6: Clear a roster spot, or you guys.
Speaker 11: Gonna Honestly, it is like I think the priority was to get him home and then you know the front office will figure out sort of the administrative part of that.
Speaker 3: Oh have you seen him handle the last few days?
Speaker 5: Obviously understanding like, oh everything that's where It's.
Speaker 11: Come with it as best he can. You know, he's trying to be here for the team and also be there for his family. But when your child is going through things, it's just hard to be present and rightfully so, he's certainly had a heavy heart the last few days, and I just pray that you know, Max is kind of recover well and get you know, have a full recovery.
Speaker 3: All right. There's Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Certainly our thoughts and prayers with Freddie Freeman and his family and his young son who is in the hospital as he is making his way back to southern California. Freddie Freeman leaving the team in Houston. That's Dave Roberts talking to the pregame media about the Dodgers, Freddie Freeman and of course the Dodgers now got to get ready to play this three game series and get ready to start this road trip which is a big one for them here in late July. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dodgers or manager Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Bass as we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Astros. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 2: All season Law Law Bason, Dodgers and Astro started up at three game weekend set from Houston. Gavin Stone on the mount first pitch coming up at five to ten. The umpire crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Looyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kits On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there. David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David, we just heard you talking with Dave Roberts just a few minutes ago when he talked to the media and yourself. What do we know about Freddie Freeman as far as the timeline, any update on that, as far as what he.
Speaker 5: Might return, Yeah, no word on when he's going to return.
Speaker 12: His wife Chelsea posted something on her Instagram story, just updating everybody in her network, which is pretty public as far as what the one of their sons, Max is going through. And obviously Freddie was affected by it. When I saw him out here earlier today at Mine Made Park, he came out and did his usual pregame routine with Dino Ebol. And when I asked him whether or not he wanted to speak publicly about what he and Chelsea and the rest of the Freeman family are going through and our prayers up to Max Freeman, obviously he declined and he just wasn't himself obviously a heavy heart as you heard Dave Roberts mentioned. So for the time being, Freddie Freeman is not with the Dodgers. He's on his way back to LA and no word on when he's going to return, whether that's San Diego, Oakland or LA. The Dodgers want Freddy Freeman to be with family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about that. He's back when he's back.
Speaker 2: As far as back on the field, David, the lineup gets changed around and Calvin Biegio will get the started first base tonight, assuming he's gone a few days, Freddy Freeman. Could that be the plan having Bizho play first base every day or there's somebody else slide in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Key k Hernandez can play first base as well, so it will be a combination of Bigio and Key k Hernandez holding down first base until Freddie returns to the team and key K can play anywhere. I mean, it's amazing to have a player like that. But yeah, it'll be key K and Cavin Bigio.
Speaker 3: David has triven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, his choice is fine yours with the four and a half one to fifty gas Hybrid or the all electric tough This march, yeah, can only be called f one fifty. You're back at Menad Park, Dave, twenty seventeen. We all know the Houston Ashros cheated their way to a World Series championship. Going back there, any bad feelings?
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is this is my first time back since Game five of the twenty seventeen World Series. Some of those members of the twenty seventeen Dodgers have been back since back in twenty twenty with no fans twenty twenty one fans were allowed in here. But still talking to some of those players and coaching staff that are that we're part of the twenty seventeen Dodgers. Still a weird feeling coming back here, and some said they don't like coming back here. But obviously, you know, everybody wants to move on. The Dodgers certainly have moved on, but that's a historical fact what took place.
Speaker 5: Here, and that's not something that's going to change.
Speaker 1: No doubt.
Speaker 2: All Right, David, the trade deadline is on Tuesday, three pm Pacific. We're starting to see some deals being made. What do you hear about the Dodgers.
Speaker 12: Well, with Randio rose Arena going to the Mariners and Austin Hayes going from Baltimore to Philadelphia, the White Sox still have two outfielders that are of interest to a lot of teams, Tommy fam who's a free agent at the end of the year, and also Luis Robert. Also, as we've talked about before, Tim, the Cubs have a lot of scouts scouring the Dodgers farm system. Nico Horner seems to be a name that keeps coming up that may be traded by July thirtieth.
Speaker 5: And also Tanner Scott of the Marlins.
Speaker 12: The Marlins already moved one of their very coveted relievers, Aj Puck, and now Tanner Scott is the next pitcher that maybe moved from the Marlins. But I was told the Marlins are asking King's Ransom for Tanner Scott, and that's part of the reason why the Diamondbacks went with Puck, So we'll see whether or not if the Marlins asking price comes down. But certainly Tanner Scott, talking to players that have faced him, he is not a pitcher that is a comfortable at bat, and nobody looks forward to seeing a guy like that. But certainly, if the Dodgers were able to land a pitcher like Tanner Scott, that would be a devastating back end of your bullpen.
Speaker 3: I love doubt about that.
Speaker 2: David Gray Stuff will check back in with you just a little bit. Dodger fans enhances you're listening and experience to Dodger games by downloading the free iHeartRadio app and listening to n HD.
Speaker 3: It's crystal clear.
Speaker 2: It is a great listen you can take away with you on the go on your mobile device powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Nick on med. We'll have Deepert of this pitching matchup. But I'm nexture Dodger's Magical Moment Dodgers Astros from Houston. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to first pitch for MENI made park in Houston.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astro started a three game weekend set Gavin Stone on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for five to ten.
Speaker 5: I do it's h not about that? Who ws that hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawfey Hottogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to October twenty fourth, twenty seventeen, Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers taking on the Houston Astros, first World Series game at Dodger Stadium in twenty nine years, as the Dodgers were back in the Fall Classic. Chris Taylor got the offense going.
Speaker 14: Early twenty three starts during the regular season fourteen and five at two point nine to zero er. He stays away from the strike zone. He likes to see other hitters fish at. On my first pitch, Chris Taylor hits it out. Hikeel gave up fifteen home runs during the regular season in one hundred and forty six innings. In one pitch, the Dodgers take a.
Speaker 2: One to nothing lead Chris Taylor with the home run from Dallas Kaiko the first pitch at the bottom of the first inning in Game one of the twenty seventeen World Series. It was the third home run to lead off a game in Dodgers postseason history Davy Lops nineteen seventy eight World Series Carl Crawford in the twenty thirteen NLDS. The Dodgers would see themselves in a one to one tie later in the game, though Justin Turner hit a two run home run, tying Dukes Niner for the most career runs batted in and Dodger postseason history with twenty six as the Dodgers would take Game one of the twenty seventeen World Series three to one, but they were playing against the team that, of course, cheated their way to a Game seven victory, the Houston Astros with the asterisk next to him, the World Series champions in twenty seventeen, cheating their way to that World Series tunnel. This safe magical moment brought to by Hoffey Hot Talks, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Pray Malicious Hoffey Hot. Talks continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Rick Monday, so lead you up to first pitch on this Friday.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Astros.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katess Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astro starting a three game set. Gavin Stone on the Mount Dodgers Fans. Start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help with the duition, the books, sometimes even the rent. Yeah, time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: We are reunited and it feels so good with Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Great to have you back. Rick.
Speaker 8: Oh, you'll get over it.
Speaker 5: It's starting to wear off.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 8: It's really nice to be back because even though you're taking some days off, which I did and I went home to Florida, I had a chance to actually have kind of a normal life and not say, hey, wait a minute, what are we doing? What do you have to be at the ballpark. However, our minds get trained to look at the clock, and by that I'm talking about, Hey it's two o'clock. Whiche's I should be heading the stadium. Yes, seven o'clock game. Hey it's three o'clock. Hey it's four o'clock. We'd be doing this. We'd be doing that. We get conditioned to it, and then when you get removed, even for a brief period of time, it's like, okay, fine, I check my watch and look at the scores, get on my phone, look at the scores, get on the my iPad and be able to check things out. But this is a fun time. In fact, right now is a fun time to be at the ballpark. I say that because starting pitchers are beginning to walk out to the bullpens. We can see that take place. People are filing in. There's always the electricity that's in the air. And I think more so obviously with the Dodgers and the Astros, they go back, Okay, fine, the history is there, but now you have to move on. And for the Dodgers, they have moved on and coming off a successful homestand and now they've got to turn things around because they had a dismal road trip. You know, if you look recently the last road trip you're looking at, Dodgers have dropped seven of their nine. Well, that's got to change, and the figures it is going to change. But this is kind of interesting time in baseball too, because with the new trade deadline, now is beating even louder and louder and getting closer and closer, and the prices are going up and up and up because of so many teams that are still in the race theoretically for a wild card spot.
Speaker 5: No doubt, Rick, and I was going to bring that up.
Speaker 12: The last time you were broadcasting games, the Dodgers were not playing that well. But on this last homestand six and one, they have turned the ship around.
Speaker 8: And I think the way that they were winning those games very interesting late innings, extra innings, being able to come from behind, being able to hold on to a lead. It was exciting baseball. And then you mix in a is that how they were able to accomplish that and now beginning to get some players back Glass now has been Kershaw came back, so you get you know, finally some guys healthy. There's still a few more, hopefully you're going to be rejoining this ball club very very soon. But you start to look around baseball, David. In fact, right now I'm looking at a list and you've got it right in front of you too. The wildcard standings in Major League Baseball. Right now, there are fourteen teams. Fourteen teams. We're not talking about division leaders, but fourteen teams are within five games of a leadoff spot or at least a wild card spot. So yeah, if your team trying to make the deal, you may get snicker shock.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, already some trades already being made. It feels like if there's a need, you better jump on it now or you might be holding an empty basket by the time July thirtieth comes around.
Speaker 8: And when it comes to that trading deadline with fifteen minutes left to go, because the prices go up, they get a discount price. What's the give and take? And then what happens with injuries. You know, the Dodgers want they're getting some guys back, They've also you know, lost some guys. You look at Chris Taylor, you look at Miguil Rojas also all of a sudden, booth they're not available. They're on the injured list. So this is an exciting time. We're just about that area that the season becomes a sprint.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, the Dodgers got a veteran back in the broadcast booth, our very own Rick Monday, refreshed and ready for the stretch run. We'll check back in with you and Tim Neverett a little bit later. Great to have you back, Ray.
Speaker 8: Good to see you.
Speaker 12: David there he is, still has the Florida glow on his face.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 6: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot com or stop in a LA area Speedy Cash store.
Speaker 3: Still to come here, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: We're gonna preview this pitching matchup with Gavin stones To looking for his tenth win of this season. Rick will be back with Tim Neverert. They'll get you the keys to the game right before first pitch. But up next, David Vet saying goes high and tight with nick I med joined the Dodgers two days ago in a home run yesterday helped the Dodgers beat the Giants.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from him next.
Speaker 2: We leach up to first pitch from Houston Dodgers and Astros'.
Speaker 3: Tim Kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Astros from Houston. Gavin Stone on the mount in search of his tenth win of the season. From er Valdez, two time All Star, one of the best pitchers in the American League since twenty twenty. Well dive deeper than the numbers coming up in just a couple of minutes. First pitch sent for five ten Dodgers Baseball is presented by our friends AT's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. They're right number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h L A or and.
Speaker 1: Now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment this high and tight.
Speaker 12: The Dodgers are starting their road trip in Houston, and I'm joined by Yesterdaysio, one of the newest Dodgers, Nick Ahmed. Nick, thanks a lot for the time, straight out of the cold, tough.
Speaker 6: For this, Yeah, just fitting it in and talk with you.
Speaker 13: It feels good to be part of this organization and uh, take a take an end of this road trip.
Speaker 6: You know, we got a great team here. Excited to be part of it.
Speaker 5: Nick.
Speaker 12: There's always new dynamics when you join a team, but to do it the way you did it, it's got to feel good and make things a little easier when you delivered the way you did yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 13: You know, anytime you jump to a new team, you want to contribute and help. Spend a long time on one spot, but two teams this year and hopefully take this team into the playof some we do some damage in October.
Speaker 12: What's it like being teammates with some of the players that you played against for so many years.
Speaker 13: There's some familiarity for sure, just playing against this group and you know, seeing and competing against them from across the field, which makes it a little bit more comfortable for me.
Speaker 6: And just a great group of guys here.
Speaker 13: Everybody's been welcoming and gray so far and extremely helpful to help me get settled in. So excited to be a part of a great team and some great individual players, but I think an even better team.
Speaker 12: Usually you don't need dat a home run to be welcome by a team, but to hit a home run in that spot yesterday, I'm sure it broke the ice.
Speaker 5: In a big way.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think so, especially against the Giants, a division rival, and helping us to take the series from them.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of funny yesterday.
Speaker 12: Can you describe the feeling you had yesterday at Dodger Stadium rounding the bases after you hit that home run?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I mean the last two and a half weeks has been crazy for me, getting let go by the Giants and then you know, really not getting any phone calls for a long time and just being like, hey, is this gonna happen at some point? And then the Dodgers called late Tuesday night and we got it done and flew out Wednesday morning.
Speaker 6: It's just been a crazy few days.
Speaker 13: And to be able to play the Giants and face a team that just released you and hit a game winning homer, only God can read.
Speaker 6: A script like that.
Speaker 12: Nick Imed is our guest in front of first pitch in Houston. Everybody keeps asking me, how did you stay ready for those two weeks?
Speaker 5: How did you stay ready? You know?
Speaker 13: The first few days, it would just take care of my body, you know, get in the gym, get with my physical therapist and make sure my body was healthy, knowing that the opportunity would come, and just wanted to make advantage take advantage of that physically, and then it was just getting in the cage working. I made some good adjustments actually right before I got released by the Giants, so I feel like my swing was in a good spot and didn't have to go make any swing changes or overhaul. Is just continue to work on what I was doing and then just kind of simulated, you know, at bats as best I could with the guy throwing to me, Danny Lutz down in Arizona, big help for me.
Speaker 6: He was just throwing fastball, breaking.
Speaker 13: Ball, and simulated at bats and we were just doing situational stuff too, so it's his best I could without facing the picture I was.
Speaker 6: I was staying locked in.
Speaker 12: Well, whatever you were doing a worked, continued success. Great to have you on the Dodgers, and we look forward to this road trip with you.
Speaker 6: Awesome. Thanks for having me there.
Speaker 12: He is Nick Ahmed looking like Maverick and top Gun right now doing this interview.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: DV Dodgers Baseball brought to you by our friends and Shaky's Pizza Parlor, official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game day, it is group day. Shaky's dot Com leading me.
Speaker 2: Up to first pitch Dodgers and Astros coming up next. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kakson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is ma Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season law Hands.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers and Astros started a three game series from Houston.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up in five ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dimond, you look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup forrestentify your Southern California Toto Toyota Dealers, turning your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality. In an all New twenty twenty four Tacoma seeyear Toyota Dealer Today they make it easy from Bravaldez on the mound. Eight and five with a three sixty three ERA. The thirty year old left tender out of the Dominican Republic of his seventh season. Now in the big leagues, he's been one of the top starters in the American League since really getting into the rotation in twenty twenty. He rings second in the American League during the last four years in wins fifty three, second in innings in the American League in third overall in ERA during these last four years at three twenty five. Making this eighteen start this season, he is two and zero with a sub three ERA in the month of July. Last time out five and two third innings, two runs, three hits, six strikeouts, and a no decision against the Mariners, making his third career start against the Dodgers. In his previous two starts in twenty twenty, he recorded a seven seventy one RA with nine strikeouts. Gavin Stone on the mound for the Dodgers, he's been great nine and three with a three to nineteen ERA. Twenty five year old right inter. Making his nineteenth start this season. He's been efficient. He's tossed six or more innings at nine of his eighteen starts. Last time out five innings, one run, six hits, three strikeouts and a no decision against the Red Sox last weekend. Tonight his first time facing the cheating Houston Astros. Gavin Stone from Bervaldez. It's the Dodgers and Astros for a minute, made Park. We are fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Rick and Tim have the keys to the game. Next, I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers hitting the road after a six and one homestand they're in Houston for the start of a three game series against the Astros. It's an eight game road trip in all. Gavin Stone on the Mountain. First pitch coming up at five ten. Dodgers fans and hans You're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio opp and listening in HD. Take it with you on the go with your mobile device. It's free and it's crystal clear to listen to.
Speaker 3: It is great.
Speaker 2: It's all powered by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. Before first pitch, ted back out to Rick Monday. Tim Nevertt guys.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 7: I'm roof closed here at Houston. Been raining outside since the Dodgers arrived last night and been raining lightly this afternoon all throughout the Greater Houston area, but dry indoors on natural grass. As the Dodgers get set to take on the Astros Game one of three, Gavin Stone will make his first ever appearance against the Astros. Nine and three for Stone, and in his last three starts mode he hasn't thrown more than eighty pitches seventy seven, seventy seven and eighty, so he really hasn't had to go over eighty pitches to get his work done. But he also hasn't gone very deep in ballgames.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a couple things going to be watching, and certainly the last three outings where that era is just under six and a half runs and nine innings that he's worked and only twelve and two thirds innings in that period of time, but leading off innings, so he's faced the leadoff hitters they're hitting at three twenty. That's one ara that needs to take place a little bit better as far as for Gavin Stone, not allowing that leadoff hitter to get on base with the frequency of the hamp to this particular point. The other part two is you're looking at two guys Tonight Stone for the Dodgers, Valdez for the Astros. It can throw some ground balls and get double plays. Nine ground ball double plays by Stone, but if you're looking at Valdez, I mean this is off the charts. Twenty three grounded into double plays already this season. He keeps the ball down Dodgers. Do not chase the pitch downstairs. It'll get you into trouble.
Speaker 7: I got to get the ball in the air against Valdez. Houston has won his last five starts, and in that time Valdez three and zero with an ERA under three.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he's had trouble in the first inning of ball games this year, in fact, over a three hundred batting average, but with two strikes. One thing to look for for Valdez he throws a lot of bows, speed pitches, and he throws a lot of pitches inside. With two strikes. Dodgers know exactly what they have to do now. The question is can they lay off those borderline pitches early in the count.
Speaker 7: Valdez against Stone, the Dodgers against the Astros. Game one lineups, first pitch just around the corner.
Speaker 2: Jam All right, Thank you guys. Dodgers and he Houston started the three game set. They start the night with a seven and a half game lead in the division over the Padres.
Speaker 3: After the game, David Vassie's.
Speaker 2: Got you cover with all the postgame festivities for wrap up and reaction and of course Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the game.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Astros is next. I'm Tim Kates has been Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network