Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the game's Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: I think we've got a sleep deprived bulldog on the horn this morning, Taco Dog.
Speaker 3: I was on I four midnight last night, traveling home from yet another rain delayed. They took five hundred. Uh, but hey, they got it in. They got it in, at least.
Speaker 1: The midnight rider and he truly is this you know.
Speaker 2: The irony, of course is they moved the race up an hour in anticipation of that front that was coming through, but they only got eleven laps in and then you know the almost four hour delay. Nonetheless, yeah for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they stood. They tried to start it back up again, and then it was rained again, so they had to pull the cars back off. So yeah, it ended about what time did it then? Last night? Like I don't even I don't even remember, just after right, yeah, and then you know, obviously I'm right my cam in the Orlando senting which you can read right now to Orlando Sentinel dot com and boom, you know, and plus it's a bear getting out of the garage, out of the track too, because there's traffic backed up, you know, going on.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: Once the race got going though, it got going, Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was a good race once it got going. Yeah, William Byron, I still say he needs to change his name to Billy Byron if he wants to sound like a NASCAR drivery sounds like a yacht racer with William Byron. But but yeah, Billy Byron wins his second consecutive Daytona five hundred. That's only been done five times in history. That people racer's gone back to back, so good for him. It was a big day in Daytona. The President Donald Trump shows up. Of course he left during the rain delay, so but it was a big deal. Air Force one buzz the track, the Presidential Limo, the armored limo, the Beast. It led the drivers around the track a couple of times before the race started, so it was a big deal. All the fans obviously were cheering, so huge deal. I just wish some of the some of the top names hadn't been knocked out by all the res at the end. I mean guys from Joey Logano to Brad Keselowski to your boy Y. Yeah, and they had really had nothing to do. They didn't do anything bad. And by the way, did you see that crash Ryan Priest pre where his car turned upside down did a wheelie.
Speaker 2: It was scary.
Speaker 3: I meant, the fact that you can walk away from a crash like that in today's NASCAR is unbelievable. So but race is over. Uh you know again, if it hadn't been rained delayed, it would have been a great success. But other you know, it is.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 2: Weet.
Speaker 1: So I know that they started in an hour earlier, as Pat said, but why is it that we try to figure out every year why they don't start it like four hours earlier or five?
Speaker 2: Is it which TV deals?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's TV, it's you know TV. I mean, they could have probably started it at noon. And plus you know, uh, President Trump's on the schedule, so they wanted him to be there for the start of the race too. So but that's how it goes. Did you guys see our born Mac McClung in the NBA Dunk con.
Speaker 2: Th year in a row, third year in.
Speaker 3: A row, the Magic's G League player wins the dunk contest. It's unbelievable that you have a G League player who is dominating the dunk contest. Never there's never been a three peat in the dunk Contest and Mack McClung has now done it. Yet he can't even get on the floor. They pulled a car out onto the court. Yeah, kea, and uh some guy popped.
Speaker 2: Up through the sun roof to assist him in one of his perfect score dunks. Yeah it was insane, dude.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he jumps over the car, takes the ball out of the guy's hands, and yeah, it does a reverse slam. The landing was it great? But the actual dunk was incredible? Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not put him on the top level team and gets some action going downtown?
Speaker 3: Doug, Well, he can't shoot like most Magic players. He can't shoot the three. He's a bit of a tween or two. He's only six foot two. But why not give the guy? Yeah, why not give the guy some meaningful minutes and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Spud Web was shorter than that, and that guy was a machine. So come on, let's do it. Give us the twin back and let's get Mack in there.
Speaker 2: Would you think it's a little little mini tournament format They did last night for the all.
Speaker 3: Time I didn't again, I didn't get a chance to see it. And they needed to do something because the you know, the traditional East versus West where nobody played defense and they were scoring like two hundred points apiece during the game. They needed to do something. The way it sounded though, it sounded like it, you know, it sounded like it was an improvement over what they had. I still like the way. I still like the way hockey does that. I think you should have the NBA international players against the NBA domestic players. That would create cymeteres.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hockey and international stuff, did you see what happened Saturday night? This was fantastic.
Speaker 3: And then we beat Canada and the four.
Speaker 2: Nations face off? All right, the US beats Canada three to one. The game is in Montreal, and the Canadian fans have been booing the national anthem for all sports right now because they hate US now. But anyway, that's a different conversation, so that they don't want to be the first state there are fifty per right, so and Donnie keeps calling their their president governor. So anyway, all that aside, which is pretty funny, So the anthem plays and they dropped the puck in a bulldog. Let me just play what happened the first few seconds of the game. Here gloves.
Speaker 4: Handy to Chuck from Florida. Did not see this com up. Both sides said they hold it, wouldn't have the night and did it in the toll. Charlie McAvoy put one on net. Now we're nine seconds in. We had a fight two seconds and another one one second later. Now in the center of the accident's cold Paraco and JT.
Speaker 3: Miller.
Speaker 4: This is like nineteen ninety six when this building opened up with the world top.
Speaker 2: Three fights and nine seconds. The first nine said, yes, fine, it was full on slap shot style. Man.
Speaker 3: Only in hockey, Oh god, only in hockey? Did you have three fights and nine seconds? There's three seconds of fight?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey dog, Uh did you see who won the golf yesterday? I know you were busy with the track and uh Oberg. Remember I told you guys about this Oberg kid a couple of years ago, well, or last year I told you about him. He won last year he won again.
Speaker 2: It's good, chef.
Speaker 3: He made a charge. The chef made a charge but couldn't quite get there right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his first couple of days were kind of poor, but or his third day was poor.
Speaker 2: Yesterday he played while Hey, bulldog, what do you know about this Darryl Armstrong situation in Dallas? Man?
Speaker 3: Did you see that?
Speaker 2: So he assistant coach there for the MAVs that's been for a while, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: And he had some what some sort of gun play I was reading, right, Yeah, yeah, I remember when you know Darryl Armstrong obviously you know, a magic favorite. He's in the Magic Hall of Fame, the Heart and Hustle team. He got in some trouble in Orlando near the end of his tenure downtown at one point. But yeah, not good if you're an NBA assistant coach and getting into trouble like this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he's been suspended bearing or you know, in while they do the investigation. But that certainly doesn't sound good for him.
Speaker 3: No. No. By the way, UCFS basketball team got beaten by double digits by Colorado, which hasn't won a Big twelve game since the last time they were in the Big Twelve. Okay, so yes, six in a row they've lost. Now you see if Johnny Dawkins is squarely on the hot seat right now, all.
Speaker 2: Right, lots to cover and talk about. If you want to bounce over to find the Bulldog hosting Open Mikey's on AM seven ninety six ninety game each weekday morning at Jason Does and we thank you for taking time out of your busy show to join us here for the sports page each morning on JR R. Bulldog oh Oo JR R JR R, Orlando's rock station,