Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app listen for all your music, radio and podcast free Never Sounded So Good. One three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 3: You can find us on Instagram at JB Sandy ATX. Also on TikTok, same handle my named Sandy.
Speaker 4: This is JB.
Speaker 5: Hello, and Tricia here is here too.
Speaker 3: Hi everybody, and I want to remind everybody that if you want to help out the victims of the flooding in the Hill Country, you can go to Community Foundation dot net again, that is Community Foundation dot net. As the days kind of go by, it's easier and easier to kind of forget what happened. So we're just gonna gently remind you as as we go along as we can do the show today that there are still people in need and that that organization is the one to give to.
Speaker 4: Fully vetted.
Speaker 3: They've been around for a long time and they're getting people like to They're getting money to the right people.
Speaker 4: In fact that I saw even Robert Earl Keene was.
Speaker 5: Promote saw that he's from Kerrville.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's kind of the he's kind of the face of the hill Country a bit. He's one of one of them as an artist and makes because it makes you think of hill country and that hill country sound. I was talking to my wife last night. I was like, I was like, you know, I didn't really discuss it with you, but I've kind of was I've been eyeing.
Speaker 5: Currville as a place to retire someday.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you guys ever think about that, but you know, it's like, unfortunately, like retiring in Austin is not for many people, right, you know, you kind of cash out and leave. Yeah, and that's a place I've been eyeing, like, you know, just by Kurville.
Speaker 4: Yeah, trist aren't you going to Kerrville tomorrow?
Speaker 7: I am my friend Sean. Her mother lives in Kerrville. Sean is it lives in Vietnam. She's in the States and she's at her mom's house and I'm going there to help with some things.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with them. I'm assuming the mom. The mom did okay with the mom was fine.
Speaker 7: She was far enough away from the flooding it did not affect her home. She was never in any danger. But my friend Sean is there. I'm going there too to help her mom with some stuff. And I mean, I don't it's not that I feel nervous to go there. I feel little. I feel anxious to go there because I feel like there's just going to be a sad vibe, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, yeah, I went to Uvaldi after.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, I don't know how long it was a month after that incident, the.
Speaker 5: Shooting, and it's it's it's strange.
Speaker 6: I mean we were there giving kids bikes and just you know, trying to every kid in the in elementary school in Uvaldi got a bike was the project, and it was it's just I think about these kids. One of the things that happened in Uvaldi that I'm sure is going to happen with a lot of these can't miss it kids, is they just shut down. They're traumatized. Yeah, you know, who knows what you know, that community Foundation dot net that you mentioned, they do a lot of grants and some of it may be you know, some therapy for for a lot of people. They've been traumatized, They've seen a lot things you shouldn't see. Right, you're eight ten years old, right, exactly exactly. So the money that you give goes to a good cause. I think I made it a donation the other day, and that you can make it to people, you know. I made it an anonymous one, but it was they ask you who you want to give it to or in memory of or whatever like that.
Speaker 3: I just put the campers for that. So go to Community Foundation dot net if you can help out. Now we're gonna not just talk all about the terrible flooding and loss of life and damage to property and all that stuff this morning, because eventually you got to kind of not move on, you know, don't forget, but talk about other stuff. And so this is a weird segue, but man, I got up this morning and looked into the mirror and I was like, dude, you look rough. I was talking to myself. I was like, dude, you really look rough. Like you need to you need to get clean, you need to shave, you need to clean yourself up.
Speaker 6: Dude, it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat I did. It was almost identical, like I haven't shaved, yeah, and like if I go a day, it just looks horrible.
Speaker 5: I've got bed head. Oh my god, I've got well real quick.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry to interrupt, Nutritionia, but it's like when you see me wearing a hat, that's because I'm covering up Randy, my creepy older brother. That's my alter That's what Tricia's coined my altered.
Speaker 4: Head.
Speaker 8: Hair goes in just a little bit.
Speaker 7: It makes them have a completely different like look and persona. And I'm like, you look like you're like a creepy uncle Randy.
Speaker 8: It's very weird.
Speaker 7: But you guys, what you may not know is that y'all, by being kind of rough and and not grooming yourself, y'all are a trendy because there's this new dating trend that when women go on first dates, they are not doing their hair, they're not doing their makeup, they're not shaving their legs. They're showing up with the this is the real me, this is what I look like, take it or leave it kind of thing.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's what y'all are doing right now.
Speaker 9: Bad strategy, ladies, strategy, keep the lies alive as long as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep the big padded bra get out. I mean, just hook them in. You guys have been the masters of hooking us in, you know, and then surprise, this is a giant eight inch padded bra that I'm wearing.
Speaker 7: Aiden if I went on first dates with no makeup and I would never have second dates, I would never get a second date my personality, I get a good one.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if it shines that bright.
Speaker 4: So that's a new thing just with girls. Are you saying our dudes doing it?
Speaker 7: Just all Apparently you guys are bringing the dudes into the trend, but it's just a new trend for women on first dates.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't think that's a great idea.
Speaker 8: Really, it's kind of Pam Anderson, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a good idea either, I know, although I got admit, when you when you see a woman with no makeup just looking cute, it's that's attractive.
Speaker 8: So if you do.
Speaker 7: Look cute without makeup, heck yeah. But then for those of us that look like trolls without makeup, it does not work.
Speaker 3: And you know, if you look cute without makeup from that, I mean, this is a delicate thing to say. But Tricia you do look like two different people. Yeah, I mean you really and I rarely see Tricia with makeup on.
Speaker 7: Every time I makeup on, he's all, hey, I went so long one time with that wearing makeup that even our daughter, when I pick makeup one night to go out, she was like, WHOA, like shocked to see me with makeup on.
Speaker 5: It's not a good look.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like you call me Randy when I start looking a little rough and haven't shaved my head.
Speaker 4: You turn in.
Speaker 5: Trick tricksy, trixy. Sounds too cute. That's not I don't I'm not that cute with no makeup on.
Speaker 4: The hair, Oh that's pretty.
Speaker 3: The name just reminded me real good, Trisa, tell everybody what the woman at the nail salon told everyone.
Speaker 7: Oh god, I took our sixteen year old and I we went to get our pedicure last week and I was sitting.
Speaker 8: Next to a lady. She just real nice, but real loud.
Speaker 7: Wanted to talk to everybody in the salon, which is irritating because I like to go and kind of relax and be quiet. She was chatting everybody up, and when she got up to leave, somebody said something here, and she goes, yeah, my husband, he's a professional DJ at the Yellow Rose sixty five maybe seventy. She was very proud of it.
Speaker 5: Not Ken de Scratch the Yellow Rose. No, no, the old Yellow the Strip Club, professional DJ at the U. I didn't even know that was still around.
Speaker 7: I almost said, I bet he knows my husband for here Yellow Rose days.
Speaker 3: He was there twenty years ago. Yeah, right, maybe he was, who knows? I wrote her, I wrote, Trisia texts me that, and I wrote her back and I said, tell her that, you know, you got to get your green on the scene because this show is paid perview, right, that's their their disc jockey line. Reminder, make a donation help out the people in the Hill Country. You can go to community Foundation dot net. That's community Foundation dot net. They're doing a great job and getting the money where it needs to be and you can feel comfortable at making your donation there can community Foundation dot net. Up next, Tricia's got the story We love. What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: We're going to talk about not are we still searching for people who are missing in the horrible floods over the weekend, but also the pets that are coming in pets that were washed away during the flood. Have a little bit of information about people who can help if they find one. Want to help rescue one?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Get you going there?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: That's next on Austin's eighties station what O three point one.
Speaker 1: Text us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one O three point one.
Speaker 3: Trusia's got the Story we Love in just a moment, and I'll let you know how how you can help out with the flooding victims and pets and animals and stuff like that in just a sec But you can make a donation and help out the people in the Hill Country, Curville and that area by going to Community Foundation dot net. Again, that's Community Foundation dot net the Stories.
Speaker 5: We Loved levelissima three yesa so.
Speaker 7: Austin Pets Alive said it's working closely with the Kerrville Pets Alive and the Kerr County Animal Services in the wake of all the devastating flooding that happened over the weekend. They've mobilized about twenty to thirty volunteers to search along the river banks for lost or injured pets. They did find one little brown dog with floppy ears named Superman who was on top of a pile of rubble and he was hurt. They rescued him. He's rehabilitating and they're working to try and reunite him with his family. But what ended up happening was Kerrville's pets alive. Their shelter moved all of their current dogs out to Williamson County so they would have room for the dogs that are coming directly off of the river. Then Georgetown's shelter flooded, so all of their dogs went to the Williamson County ASPCA. So they're now desperately looking for volunteers to take some of these dogs into their homes as fosters. So if you are interested in helping out, you can contact the Hill Country SPCA the Williamson County ASPCA. There is a form on those sites that you can fail at if you find an animal that you're trying to reunite with its family, or if you just want to make a donation for food and beds and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Boy, this is a city that will foster dogs too. Oh, it definitely will there are people.
Speaker 4: That I just I don't know if we could do it. We ended up keeping the dog.
Speaker 3: You know, we might as well to sign the adoption papers when we pick it up to foster.
Speaker 7: Right, you can't pick up one of those dogs and then give it back after taking care of it foster fail.
Speaker 5: We would be for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: But boy, there's a lot of people that do that, and maybe I could see you and Aaron doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 6: Two adopted dogs right now, same thing I might if I foster, I would keep it and my wife would not have a third. But you know, we cut We got our last dog came from a foster program. You know, it's pretty cool. It's called Atticus Legacy Rescue. And they don't have like a brick and mortar facility. They just they will go down to South Texas and Mexico and bring these dogs that are about to be put down and they just have a foster network all around the city. Like so the foster that we had was out in b caves and they do it all.
Speaker 3: You took one another, you got it from a foster, you didn't start fostering it.
Speaker 4: And then now yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean just I just admire people who will do that, because that that couple that we got the dog from, that we got Clyde from, they just do one dog after another.
Speaker 5: They always have a foster. Yeah, special people.
Speaker 7: I think we'd have a chance of not being a foster fail in this particular situation, considering we hopefully would be fostering it just to be able to reunite it with its family.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: But they've already received over one hundred animals since the flooding, and they're just desperately trying to figure out how to help them, how to get them back with their people.
Speaker 4: All right, So can you give that Was there a website that you gave out? I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: You can check out Curville Pets Alive.
Speaker 7: You can check out the Hill Country SPCA. Currville SPCA has a form for you to fill out if you find a dog and all kinds of information, any information that you might need if you're wanting to help out.
Speaker 4: All right, And that is the story. We love