Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We talked about this Burlington story and I'm going to move on and only because we did promote that. We want to talk about really and kind of an amazing story, and that is that the one of the two US senators from Maryland, Senator Chris van Holland, and there are a lot of people who listened in Maryland, he went to Al Salvador in an effort to free this gentleman named Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia. He's been held in Al Salvador for about a month. He was flown there along with many of the Venzuelan members of Trente de Agua. He allegedly is a member of MS thirteen, which is a pretty rough group of people, and his family claims, oh no, he's not a member. And again I think the Trump administration should do a better job and lay it out on why anyone is being picked up off the streets. You know, if there is compelling evidence, get it out there. So Van Holland went, and there was there was a brutal murder in Maryland. Ironically that also involved someone who is here illegally. The fellow in El Salvador had nothing to do with that murder. And there was a mom, Rachel Moren, brutally murdered by another illegal immigrant from El Salvador, unrelated, unrelated, but because of the fact that it's the same state Ms Moran's, it was I think was a mom of five kids and she was murdered in twenty twenty three. A separate individual has been convicted for her murder. And as a matter of fact, her mother was at the White House the other day and she's very upset that the Senator did not express as much concern about her daughter's murder. And in this article that I have in front of me about what this is, an article actually published today about Christopher Holland's trip to L Salvador. Mister van Holland acknowledged miss Moran's tragic death and reaffirmed his commitment to combating gang violence. But he said but which he said was a real point of agreement with Salvador and officials during his meetings this week. But he rejected the equivalents implied by Trump officials now quoting Van Holland. My argument here all along is that is that he just requires due process mister van Holland said, mister a Brago Garcia, my argument is not that I claim to know all the facts here. My whole argument is we have a court with the whole purpose of having a hearing was for people to present their evidence. We had a situation where the water was overwhelmed, and we have millions of people who are here illegally, A percentage of from are criminals. Now there are a lot who are here who are not criminals, but their status here. If they did not present themselves at a port of entry, they're illegal. But the system is just so overwhelmed it's impossible to give twenty million people due process through immigration hearings. And I think what the mistake the Trump administration is making is that they are sweeping with a broadbrush, and if they're going to pick people up and deport them, have the record at hand. You may not be able to have a court hearing for every one of these individuals, but have the information available. So Vian Holland was back today, held a news conference upon his arrival, and this is a couple of sound bites. This is cut number five. Please rob if you play. This is Maryland Senator Chris Finn Hall and talking about being in contact with the Vice President of Al Salvador.
Speaker 3: In addition to doing a having a variety of discussions on bilateral issues between the United States and Al Salvador.
Speaker 4: I had two main goals.
Speaker 3: One was to urge the government of Al Salvador not to be complicit in the illegal abduction and detention of mister Albrego Garcia and to release them. I made that request directly to the Vice President of Al Salvador. The president was out of country at the time, and I previously reported on that conversation. My principal mission was to meet with Kilmar Abrego Garcia. I told his wife, Jennifer and his family that I would do everything in my power to make that happen.
Speaker 2: And apparently he went to the prison, he was denied. This is cut number eight. And then we'll get to some phone calls. He was in the prison, was denied, okay, But then Garcia showed up at a hotel and I guess Garcia has been released from the horrific prison or the tough prison, but is still being held in El Salvador. This is cut number eight.
Speaker 3: I was accompanied by a lawyer for kill Mar's wife Jennifer, and mother Cecilia Chris Newsom. About three kilometers outside of Sea Cotton, we were pulled over by soldiers.
Speaker 4: You could see the rest of the traffic was allowed to go by.
Speaker 3: We were pulled over by soldiers and told that.
Speaker 4: We were not allowed to proceed any farther.
Speaker 3: When I asked why, was told that they had orders not to allow us to go any further. When I asked them if they knew anything about the condition of mister Abrego Garcia, they said no. And so much later in the afternoon, it was actually getting ready to catch a plane out of send Salvador back here later yesterday evening, and all of a sudden, I got word that I would be allowed to meet with Kilmar Abrego Garcia, and they brought him to the hotel where I was staying. And after that meeting, as I said, I called his wife Jennifer to report on some of the news of that meeting.
Speaker 4: And now I'm going to report to all of you about our discussion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he found out that Garcia has been moved to a better prison. But well, let's final SoundBite of Senator Van Holland cut number eleven rum He.
Speaker 3: Told me, and this was yesterday. That eight days ago, so I guess nine days ago from today. He was moved to another detention center in Santa Ana where the conditions are better, but he said despite the better conditions, he still has no access to any news from the outside world and no ability to communicate with anybody in the outside world. His conversation with me was the first communication he'd had with anybody outside a prison since he was abducted. He said he felt very sad about being in a prison because he had not committed any crimes.
Speaker 4: When I asked him what was the one thing he would ask for in addition to.
Speaker 3: His freedom, he said he wanted to talk to his wife.
Speaker 4: Gentlemen, I told him I would work very hard to make that happen.
Speaker 2: Well, now that's some constituent service by Senator Vann Hall. And I'll tell you and you know, he hasn't committed a crime. But he came here illegally, ladies and gentlemen, okay, came here illegally along with millions of others, and now it is up to us to try to get the problem solved. It's as simple as that. I would love to be able to have a full two week trial due process for every of the twenty million people here illegally. Yes, we can't do that. I would also love to count the number of sand, the numbers of grains of sand on every beach in the world, and be able to report back to you the numbers of the number of grains of sand. We are overwhelmed. We're overwhelmed. I don't know what the information is. If the information on this guy is not substantial, bring him back, have a hearing on his illegal status, and deal with it. But I don't think this guy's coming back to live with his family now. Maybe his family would want to join him in El Salvador. They you know, family bonds are important. I'd love to know what you think. Wouldn't you love to have senators? Have any of you called your senator's office? Do they do? They respond to your concerns as as quickly. Senator Van Hollins a hell of a senator. I guess that if you're illegal and you live in Maryland and they you get thrown out of the country, he's going to show up at your at your prison. Try to get in good for him, you know, try to take a ride out to a prison in Massachusetts, you know, unannounced and say you want to get in and see what happens. Doesn't work that way. Back on Nightside, we're going to talk about this only for about fourteen minutes, so if you want to get in real quickly six one, seven, two, five thirty or six months, seven nine, three, ten thirty, we will go to the twentieth hour. Right after the eleven o'clock news, we'll be right back on Nightside. This is an opportunity. We haven't talked about this up until now. This is an opportunity for you to weigh in, and remember everyone has a hall pass for the what grind your gears the twentieth hour, We'll be back on nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Bzy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Maybe one thing that could be done would be to send an immigration judge down to El Salvador or have a zoom trial. Have a zoom opportunity for this guy to present whatever at evidence and have the government present their evidence and have the immigration judge make a ruling on it. That's one possibility. Let's see what Tom and West Virginia has to say. Tom, appreciate your patience sorry, I had to reset this whole issue, but we had decided we were going to do a little bit of this tonight.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Okay, I'll get to my points quickly. Number one, Remember, a progressive is a totalitarian, a closet and totalitarian. Now it turns out it turns out Saint Abrio Garcia his wife filed a restraining order on him for assault. Yes, it also turns out he was and CNN won't tell you that. Now. He was also pulled over for whatever reason and had eight people in a vehicle, all of them illegals that gave or undocumented, that gave the same address as his address. So I'm not sure if that falls under human trafficking. Two judges determined he had gang activity, and one of the judges said he cannot be deported back to El Salvador because rival gangs will do him bodily harm or kill him. So here's the situation. El Salvador just needs to deport him to say Mexico or Venezuela or another country, and the problem is solved because Donald Trump was found guilty by a judge in New York of falsifying real estate records. If I'm not mistaken, and his lawyers decided to go with a judge's decision who found them guilty in a court of law for falsifying values of his real estate.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think it was a little more complicated that it was a jury that found him guilty jury of New Yorkers.
Speaker 5: No, no, damn, damn. There was one judge. There was one judge in New York that I believe his name was air Gone or something to that.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were two trials. That was a civil that was a civil case as opposed to to the other case. But go ahead. Yeah, he's had a lot of court activity in New York.
Speaker 5: You're right, go ahead, I understand that. But the point was there was adjudication, there was a judicial decision. This guy is this this undocumented immigrant who's been here in America since twenty eleven. He had two court appearances where the judges found that he had gang activity. So I don't you know, Democrats, they're going to fall down on their sword, uh, defending illegal aliens. And what is also very sad was that mother whose daughter was brutally murdered by undocumented immigrants. And let me be perfectly clear, not nobody has ever said, all undocumented immigrants are gang members and criminals. But there is a percentage there that if they had not been in this country, many people would still be alive in this country. And I don't fall into the National Public Radio narrative of that. Well, undocumented immigrants percentage wise commit less crimes than native born people. Number one, I don't know where they pulled that study out. Number two, if there were not undocumented immigrants in this country, there would be a lot of people alive today like Lincoln.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I don't mean to interrupt, but I need to tell you that you couldn't be more correct. First of all, we don't know how many undocumented illegal immigrants are in this country. We do know specific crimes where a woman is killed in San Francisco, where a police officer is killed in Mesa, Arizona, where a mother of five is murdered in Maryland. And by the way, that woman who spoke and is very upset with Van Hollen, a Maryland resident as missus Moore and the mom of Rachel Moore and the woman who was murdered. My position all along is we have enough rapists, We have enough murderers in this country. We do not need to import murderers and rapists, and or to allow people to stay in this country who are murderers and rapists. I think they should do their times here, their time here, and then they should be deported. My problem, and this is the only point you and I might disagree on, My problem, is that the Trump administration, in their enthusiasm to get rid of every illegal in this country, they need to be smarter and they need to look at these situations and say, Okay, they admitted that this guy was deported. There was a mistake in him being put on that plane, but they should have me well, wherever they wanted to Mexico, wherever they wanted. I don't know that Mexico was the place to go because I don't know what his nexus is, what his connection is with Mexico. The point of trying to make is and I'll make it regarding the Turkish woman from Tufts the optics. What the Trump administration has to understand is that the media is going to look very closely at what they did. Everything they do, they're going to look at it more closely than what Joe Biden did or did not do. You know that, and I know that, and therefore their optics have to be perfect. I've seen no information maybe you have on the Turkish student, a doctoral student at TOUGHTS, other than the fact that she apparently co authored a piece in the student newspaper at TOUGHTS. I read the piece in the student newspaper. I disagreed with it, but it wasn't as if she was She said nothing, in my opinion in that piece, which was inflammatory. Meaning if she had written in that piece death to all Jewish students, that's a whole different story. She expressed the point of view that I strongly disagree with, which was a pro Hama's point of view. But if that's the best that they got on her, there's a lot of other more dangerous people that they should be deporting before they get to her, is what I'm trying to say, Tom, that's all sure.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you know that I have a fiance from the Philippines that had to go through a homeland security background check, and I'm looking at the national security related questions and I'll just get it briefly. Have you ever been a member of assisted or participated in the military unit, paramilitary unit, rebel group, guerrilla group, militia group, insurgent organization, or any other armed group. If you show support for HAMAS and you were a Ford and student, you've shown support for that. Guess what, your student visa will not be accepted. And if you lie on these applications for immigration, you're a lawyer, you know what happens if they find out if you lied me?
Speaker 2: But would have say if that's true, Tom, All I'm saying is, if that's true, the lawyers in the Trumpet min is and I don't think that Trump listens to his lawyers. The lawyers and the Trump administration should have said, look, if we're going to get someone, let's get him fair and yeah, get the worst of the worst, get the rotten apples out of the the pile first. Then we'll get the apples that aren't perfect or whatever. But have you know and if if, if the argument is the person came here illegally, and they've been here illegally and and they're a good citizen, uh and they have never committed a crime, we still are going to put them out because they came here illegally. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that, but put them all out. But again, have the have the documentation. Tom. I hate to do this to you. You did get a little extra time. There's some other folks who are calling, but you're always an interesting caller and I appreciate you taking the time.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Dan, Bye bye, have.
Speaker 2: Great weekend, Happy Eastern. All right, we are done with that topic and we are going to the eleven, and the eleven will be what grinds your gears? If you've already called this week, you have a hall pass. You can call again. Uh, what grinds your gears? Six months, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six months seven nine, three, one ten thirty back after this, I apologize Robbie went on too long. Thanks