Speaker 1: Oh I love, Oh god, this is what I put my headphones on and me all day, babe, this stupid crap.
Speaker 2: I was one talking to a tree and he told me a funny story about a cocktail party he went to with the rock and the dirt danced with them throughout the night.
Speaker 3: This is the stars.
Speaker 4: This is competing with the Saturday night country folks. Right tonight will be one of the maybe the most people out there at Bourbonton Beyond.
Speaker 3: And boy, it's not going to be cool at all. And what a great switcher round Neil Young to Sting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is an upgrade.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, uh, I in my bag. But Gordon, here's what I thought about this morning. There started last year was the first year people started recording and taking pictures of the peer the people that dress like weird outfits and well girls you just have like electric tape over their nipples and yeah, they're hanging out in their underwear.
Speaker 3: You're just like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Some of the women need uh more?
Speaker 4: Team? You can stop right there because everyone listening knows what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: A mirror, Uh, wasn't there a Jesus?
Speaker 2: Last year? Was there a Jesus. There's always a Jesus.
Speaker 3: There's always a Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, sometimes there's like Teletubby some people. If you wear these damn outfits that go like onesies, Yeah, that's like you know you get to today. Man, it's bad enough for me and jeans, just going to one of these porta parties. Yeah, okay, you have to get take your clothes all the way off.
Speaker 3: Well today it's ninety Saturday is going to be ninety four. Oh, I am so done with summer. I am too bro See, here's what I am.
Speaker 2: Louder than Life used to be the first week in October, and then oh hab was the week before that. This time of year, a couple of weeks can really affect the temperature, because I remember Louder than lives where I'm wearing a jacket.
Speaker 4: Uh so they expected, Yeah, they're expecting for almost four hunred thousand this weekend and then next weekend. Is it bigger than this weekend? Is louder than life bigger than Bourbon?
Speaker 3: Beyond? Pretty close?
Speaker 2: They're about the same A right, of course, the real crowd is going to be a slugger field tonight. Is I throw out the first pitch.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be awesome. Good for you. I haven't practiced, I never have it.
Speaker 4: Just again, don't throw from the rubber thro the safer though, throw from the crass. I gotta throw from the rubber all look like a weedy and you got to aim for above his head because you are elevated. So if you throw at the at the catcher, it will go into the dirt because it's going down. You have to throw at a spot above his head. Look, you'll look like George Bush Post two thousand and.
Speaker 3: One, act like to catcher ending up and you're throwing to his face.
Speaker 4: Correct, that's exactly right. Seriously, absolutely throw above his head. You're trying to know why to get me hit the popcorn lady. Actually, Dave were wrong, aren't we If you're standing on the rubber throat, I mean tell you cannot.
Speaker 2: How two hang on screwed up.
Speaker 5: Throw?
Speaker 4: This is taking longer and longer, hey face, hump bump, you're right, yeah, yeah, thanks thanks. Now I saw video of Nick Coffee, our sports expert on Sports Talk seven to ninety our sister station just down the hall. You could not do worse than what he did up in front of his son. Oh my god, did he throw like a girl?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 4: Why did he throw from the kind of a limp? Kind of wait, drink he drinks white claw?
Speaker 2: Did he throw? Good? Point? Did he throw from the rubber? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, apparently not? His son was there? So David fifty cents out?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: So you do worse than him?
Speaker 2: Should I get noise and go?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Here's what I am when I'm doing my toilet paper gig.
Speaker 3: Wait a bit in the lead?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Who else is throwing the first pitch out with you?
Speaker 2: Representative Susan Tyler Whitten.
Speaker 4: Hey, okay, so here here, here's where my mind goes.
Speaker 3: Here's where my mind goes. Here's where.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 3: It's so she's so much more athletic than you. It's ridiculous, college college athlete.
Speaker 4: She's a tennis player in the highest levels still at fifty years old.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: But you're all this didn't even done tennis? Grunt?
Speaker 2: Oh you know, here's you know what story is?
Speaker 3: You need to fake an injury. You need to fake an injury and go.
Speaker 4: I don't want I don't want to take the spotlight from my wife and her accomplishments this year, so she'll be throwing out for both of them.
Speaker 2: So you know how this happened. It wasn't planned for me and Susan would both be the same day. Here's what hall Let's chip. Sobel did some sneaky, deky crap. That's right, but I don't think he did, because they send us dates. Hey, when do you wanna uh throw off the pitch? I picked that date, this date, but evidently tonight was already dog night and they had Ethan Almighty and Susan Tyler Witt and throwing out because of the dogs.
Speaker 3: Now, if Ethan has a better throw than you, that would be I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Need video of this, so I'm gonna text us send me Sobel's number so I can get No, I can get some video of this. I again, i'd fake a limp, or not a limp, but a shoulder thing, say Dave Jenny's shoulder rubbed off on you, So thenuse me. Yeah all right, So, I unfortunately have to be in Indianapolis for more my fun injections on my head, so I had to miss the throwing out of the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, and that stuff's working. Those injections on all Steve.
Speaker 4: The last time I threw out, Heather French Henry was with me. She sang the national anthem. She stood next to me. I threw out the first pitch and I didn't do what. I didn't throw above his head. I threw right at his glove and it went into the dirt, but he saved it, so he trapped it between the dirt and the glove, so it wasn't a total disaster like off the side. But then there was a little league team that ran past me because they were going on the field to play like one inning, and they go past me and they all I was bullied by nine year olds.
Speaker 3: They pushed me and.
Speaker 4: Goes, you throw like a girl, and pushed me and punched me as they ran by. And then Heather friends was like, yeah, you kind of.
Speaker 3: Do the band name bully by nine year old. Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So you chili dipped it in front of as America.
Speaker 4: I didn't really chili dip it because it came. I threw it through it like I did the whole wind up, and I threw it with some heat and it was right on.
Speaker 3: It was it was right on. It just was low.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't throw above his head. That's that's the bottom line. So all right, the Feds cut rates by half a point yesterday, kid, But this is how crazy the market is. The market is skyrocketing over four hundred points before the news comes out right, anticipating the news that's coming, hoping the news would come out right. Oh oh, many, a quarter point would be great. They double it. They don't do a quarter point. They drop it a half point. Then the market starts to dive. You know why, because they were like, we're so happy the interest rates.
Speaker 3: Are going down. But wait, maybe they're doing this because they think a recession is coming.
Speaker 4: And then now we the market closed one hundred there you go, and Mark could close one hundred points down yesterday.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 3: These people are crazy. They're crazy.
Speaker 2: I think we always talk about burying the lead. We actually are. You know, yesterday a couple of YouTubers I think it was Wanda and Cecil.
Speaker 3: Or something, Wanda and Cecil.
Speaker 2: They decided you don't shootest couple ever. Hey, well, I'm Wanda and I'm Cecil. We just found a body, and welcome to wandering with Wanda. You start walking through.
Speaker 4: The woods all day it's so Kentucky. I can't even this is the most Kentucky and it really is. On date night, this couple six nights ago said hey, we should go look for that body.
Speaker 3: Take a chance.
Speaker 2: Shoot us, I caught a date night.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like maybe the guy we don't know yet, but maybe the guy's like you know, I grew up in the woods. I know that place back and forward. Man, there are some good patches you can get cut up in. But man, let me tell you I know where to walk.
Speaker 2: They wander. What you recognize he is? Go get your stick and poked.
Speaker 3: All right, listen now move it's kind of stinky.
Speaker 2: Took wood stick again.
Speaker 3: You know what what was his name? What's her name?
Speaker 2: Wanda and Cecil?
Speaker 3: I don't think that is.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The only clip that I saw of them, they look like social media. No, they look like a great couple. Uh, but it look it looked like what I'm saying. Yeah, you know, we walked by here and we saw five vultures, and then we came back here three days later we saw fifty vultures.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on one, let's do it.
Speaker 3: They're getting thirty five grand for their efforts.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 5: It's Freand and Sheila McCoy.
Speaker 3: Frand and Sheila run.
Speaker 2: They run a Hatfield and McCoy museum.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: No friends with some of the half cant I went to Doss with some of the Hatfields and you go, you go their homes and they were direct bloodline.
Speaker 3: Okay, but they own a Hatfield and museum.
Speaker 2: I know I'm gonna have my friends have a Hatfield McCoy museum, move across the street from them, and then still their museum's pig.
Speaker 4: They should have a McCoy's museum across the fields and always shooting stuff.
Speaker 2: Everything they tell lies, that's lies. Yes.
Speaker 5: They started out Friday, last Friday, as everybody's heard, on a date night, to go see if they could find him.
Speaker 2: I guess they were.
Speaker 5: Thirty five thousand dollars is a great motivation for a date night. And they start off. They started to look for a dead body.
Speaker 2: Chesy. They started looking.
Speaker 5: Uh, they noticed two or three vultures, and they were back again over the weekend and noticed like four or five. And when they went out to look yesterday wherever they're basing at, it looked like they were at this convenience store truck stop type thing. They and there's a tower near where if you look at WKY sky skycopter, there's a tower near where the body in the woods where the body was found. They said there was fifty vultures sitting on top of that tower and that gave them an indication that the body.
Speaker 2: Was near there.
Speaker 5: So they very hitchcocky okay, went off trekking into the woods. They ran into a couple of Kentucky State troopers who were also searching hear that area because apparently they had gotten a whiff of the body decomposition as well.
Speaker 3: And they're all.
Speaker 4: Coaching boys down there. Man, they know where vultures are, there's food, there's food.
Speaker 5: They let the KSP troopers know that they were there doing the search, and they all four kind of about the same time found found the body. And if you've seen the video of the body what's left of it, it's very graphic. Last night, when I was talking to you guys, I was like, I can't understand why they didn't just easily identify him. But there's a quick you gotta look quick. Towards the end of it's a forty one second video. You gotta look quick.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's chewed up pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I know that mister McCoy said that at one point he saw a vulture fly up and he said it had a piece of something in Yeah, Wayne Hill's honor him.
Speaker 3: And we got to let get Fred in here too. Of course we do.
Speaker 2: Get on in here. Fred. Wow, that's like a ballot.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sheila, you want to do a little putt putt tonight? Or go look for a bat?
Speaker 4: Does that mean what I think it means? Take that straw, you, my baby. We're gonna look for a dead body. I'll get getting paid.
Speaker 2: I'll run due.
Speaker 4: You get the cord, you get them mountain dude, I get the marble reds and let's go.
Speaker 2: Look who's got the card nuts. I wonder if I wonder if when the news came into the highway patrol or state patroopers, they go up. So it was it was it h what's the uh? What they called the decomposition decomposition dogs, canaver dogs, caver dogs? Was there our brand new UH trolley system? No wandering cecil? What is Fred?
Speaker 3: And Sheila? Fred?
Speaker 5: They had searched through this area thirty five thousand dollars five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Good for them, Yeah, man, good for them.
Speaker 5: I can't speak confirm last night that they will get the money.
Speaker 3: Damn right, Yeah, they found the body.
Speaker 4: I assume this guy he obviously lived through his promise, which was I'm gonna shoot this, he texted someone his ex wife had said he I'm gonna go do this and now I'm gonna kill myself afterwards. So I apparently that's what he did.
Speaker 5: KSP Commissioner Philip Burnett did say during his press conference last night there was a weapon found near him. So apparently he had a handgun as well as the rifle that he used, and it would appear, and you know, so far as as as as it would appear that that he used the handgun on himself and went through with everything. He texted his ex wife.
Speaker 4: Well, jeez, like it's the first time he's been honest with me. I mean, so now the good Sea trial money.
Speaker 5: The good thing is Sheriff Roots said last night in the press conference, things can start to return to normal. He says, Laurel County is not used to living in fear like that. That's not how other people live. So did we ever figure out why I did it? Just shoot there's shoot highway? Was it a date night too? There's there's been no manifesto found to this point, there's been no he was he never deployed in the six years that he was with a combat engineer in the Army Reserves.
Speaker 3: So what's the name of the gas stations down there? Pump and dump? Hugly Woggley? Is it pump and dump? I don't remember.
Speaker 2: God, it's called come and go.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: There are stations.
Speaker 3: The station is called come and go.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, a U M. I'm dead serious.
Speaker 3: That's actually your honest face.
Speaker 5: I know I filled up at gas at those and they're a North Carolina South Carolina thing.
Speaker 2: UH big in that part of the area.
Speaker 5: Because I've seen it on UH I'm a big fan of the show live people.
Speaker 3: But can you confirm the pump and dump?
Speaker 2: I will look and find out.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure someone else's show in this in this early Jarge something.
Speaker 2: It sounds like every Saturday night in the eighties. What did you do this weekend? After Kelly's pumping dump? What did you I did the pupping up and then we all went to j.
Speaker 3: Would that be after going to the toy Tiger cool from the girl you to come.
Speaker 4: I need a good dump after that, baby, I don't see any pumping dump. Guess I'm hearing it wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing it on radio.
Speaker 4: We got to open up with franchise cleanest restroos in three states. Now come and go is a thing. Wow, yeah, a lot of peoples. Yes, all right, well stop it. We're getting in danger territory, all right. So yeah, So on that note, uh, so, investigation pretty much older over.
Speaker 3: Have they identified him clearly?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, they synth the because and if you see the video, it's still on Twitter and Facebook, which I'm surprised they haven't taken it down. You can see why they had. They rushed DNA from the remains to Frankfurt to the State Lab to get identification. The identification is supposed to be confirmed and they will make an announcement today.
Speaker 2: It is definitely him. Graduations, Why didn't see so?
Speaker 3: Yes, good for you, Good for you. I will kind of want to go this field place now.
Speaker 2: Oh, we need to throw them a Kentucky party. Yeah, let's broadcast from the half of the McCoy Museum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be all you think they're Kentucky or Louisville fans.
Speaker 2: No, Kentucky. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's joking. Flip a coin sarcasm.
Speaker 2: Oh, still working on that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I thought you had a PhD in that, but I guess not. So all right, give us the joke of the day. Play, Hey, fellas, what.
Speaker 2: You know? Last night Susan and I were laying in bed and I went, you know, Susan, I think I think I want to be cremated.
Speaker 3: Well this is a fun yeah.
Speaker 2: Boy. Morning when I woke up, she said, hey, I made your appointment for cremation Tuesday at nine am.
Speaker 4: You're joking the day, first day of Bourbon and beyond. Buckle up. Lots of people will be walking around force to be live. I guarantee you staying down here, lots of lots.
Speaker 2: Of tour buses sitting up at the sealboch right now, guys, do you have the stamina to make it through a four day concert weekend? If you don't, if you're too tired, it might be your testosterone. That was me twelve years ago. I started testosterone. Here's why I started. I was tired. I was lethargic all the time. When I got home from work, I go straight to the couch. Sometimes I go straight to the bed. On weekends, there were times I didn't want to leave the bedroom. I started testosterone treatment and my life turned around so much for the better. I'm never going back to the way it used to be. Go to try Statemenshealth dot com and make your appointment. It's ninety nine dollars. You get your lab work done, they'll go over all of your numbers. You can make a educated decision right then and there. And by the way, if you choose to join, the ninety nine dollars just goes applied to your plan. If you join that day, you're gonna love the way you feel. Try Statemen's Health. Go to try Statement's Health dot com. Stick around more on the way, including news at the bottom of the hour, it is ready to wait forty w h A s all right, there's rady waight forty w h as Happy Stings Day. Hey, can you turn your radio speaker up a little bit more? I did, but it just showed me stopped.
Speaker 3: No, you're missing the point.
Speaker 4: Sheila's walking through the wood. She was like, did you find it?
Speaker 3: Oh? My Lanta.
Speaker 4: Oh model, She says it three times, Oh my Lana.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't really see the there's no I could see the phase.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the old Atlanta is from?
Speaker 4: No, it's from that Johnny Knoxville movie about the special needs kids.
Speaker 3: And they played the Olympics.
Speaker 4: The ringers remember the actual special needs kidounsend kid. The actors was fantastic at Remember he used to.
Speaker 3: Go, oh my Lana. I thought they came from Citizen Kane.
Speaker 2: No, we stop it, they said, U They said, ask this guy about any any soundar is He goes, okay, Billy to the piano. He goes the piano man, mister Billy Joe nineteen seventy five, dead it out and he went on and they all the credits and he goes, uh.
Speaker 3: He goes in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: He goes Wow. They said, now ask him about any movie. He goes, okay, Jaws. The guy goes Jaws. Jaws was a very good movie.
Speaker 3: That is one of my favorite movies. I love that movie of all time.
Speaker 4: And by the way, the down Central folks and national folks were like, well, well, Johnny Knoxville, hold on, hold on, you're gonna make fun.
Speaker 3: And that was not what it was.
Speaker 2: It was it was they were all they were all great actors. And the band in there, it performs. That's an actual band.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what actually.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Hang on, Oh Milanta, I'm coming, Oh my Landa you founding?
Speaker 3: Oh Mylanta? Thing ever?
Speaker 2: All right? I said, folks, let me tell you something. If you have a date night and it's a long on, rigorous date night, like walking through the woods with Wanda and Cease Wo to find a dead body, you're gonna need somewhere to relax. And there's no place better to relax after a nice evening of dead body hunting. Then your Southern covered hot tub, lay back and let the waters just take you away. It's a vacation right there in your own backyard. You go love your Southern covered hot tubs. If you're saying, you know, I can't afford a hot tub, I'm just an old dead body hunter. From where were they from? Kentucky, LaRue County, Loary County? Well, fake again. Hot tubs is low as sixty five dollars a month plus one hundred and fifty tubs to choose from. And by the way, twelve months same as cash is offered. You'll love your Southern covered hot tubs seventy five, oh Wan Preston Highway News Next News Radio eight forty whas see I like the police.
Speaker 3: We love the police. Cops rock well yeah.
Speaker 2: But Alsoso a police band? Hey, so real quick funny rolling stones? Did he when they will be the judge of that? When they when they were in New York out they was in the late seventies. They were in New York and they were in the hotel room they were it was a backstage hotel. I can't remember whether where they were anyway, knock on the door and one of the management said, hey, uh, I just want to let you know the police are here to see you. So keith one of them what flushed all drugs and then saying and you know, uh uh start of coping the three police and they still washed all their drugs down the down the toilet for no reason.
Speaker 3: That was three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do drugs anymore.
Speaker 4: Hey, BUCkies is opened another location. By the way, we were talking about the names of gas stations around town, and I was wrong with the pump and dump.
Speaker 2: I like we need to we needed to open up a pumping dump.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Uh BUCkies loves Kentucky so much. They're expanding to a third location. This will be down by the Tennessee con in Clarksville, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: You know where They're need to get one closer to us. I know, I know, but you know what, Dode we Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: When I first started going to these because on road trips, You're just like, this place is huge, How could it possibly be ever be busy?
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, now I'm stopped.
Speaker 4: The last three times I've stopped, you can't find a pump that's open.
Speaker 2: I just found a pumping dump.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute. This is in Reno, Nevada, and something totally different. This is oh, this is not a gas station. This is disregard well. An eight year old went missing yesterday in Bedford, Ohio. The girl went missing along with the family's twenty twenty Nissan Rogue. They called police. That's when they started investigating. Didn't take long for the cops to realize and put two and two together and figure out what happened. The girl had taken The eight year old girl got in the suv and drove it thirteen miles away to the parking lot of the Targets or where they found her. It's not clear why she went to the Target store.
Speaker 3: Targetediction is real because there's much.
Speaker 2: Better stores than Target. Ah, but she admitted that she did drive it and she only hit one mailbox on her trip to.
Speaker 3: The Why did she go? I heard this story. I can't remember why she went.
Speaker 2: They still haven't said. No.
Speaker 4: She wanted like a coffee drink, like a specific coffee because they have Starbucks inside Tar.
Speaker 3: She heard they had Stanley's. No, she's only eight years old, though, Are you kidding? They start? You buy the ten dollars coffee drinks for eight year old?
Speaker 2: Stunt your growth?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I always heard. Uh. Anyway, charges will not be found against the little girl because she be criminally charged.
Speaker 4: Yes, I thought you were going to say that. The people said, look, our Nissan rogue has been stolen. If you find it, don't bring it back. I draft forwards, right, you know right? What we do on Date Night look for dead bodies.
Speaker 2: We go dead body hunting. Hey, now I got my GoPro now listen, ready to go. Both my nostrils had signed you side it is in it, Yeah.
Speaker 3: To you both.
Speaker 2: But then Wanda said, I smell something yonder, don't smell directly too good.
Speaker 4: And then somebody watching TV goes, I knew his daddy he had that same problem. Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 2: I bet you knee hurt. Uh.
Speaker 4: Kentucky High School Athletic Association has lost nearly half of their sports officials in the last five years because.
Speaker 3: Parents and no accountability.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: What is the common denominator.
Speaker 4: With not just schools, teachers, bus drivers, refs, everything surrounding kids, and they're they're a whole parents.
Speaker 3: It's everything. It is every stop, and it's.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's the refs, You think it's the teachers, You think it's the bus drivers, No, it is you fundamentally need to change. The refs are not out there to screw your team over. They may be inept. I've seen plenty of refs that sucked, but they're not doing it on purpose.
Speaker 2: They just suck.
Speaker 4: And guess what, the refereeing gets worse. Why because they're taking anybody. Now, They're just like warm body, you want a ref, let's take it. They had nine thousand refs in Kentucky High School Athletic Association. They are down to little over five thousand. Oh the sports that are hurting the most, and you don't have to tell me, wrestling and women's volleyball, I think is what it is. But wrestling so hard because you got to get people that wrestled.
Speaker 3: You got to know.
Speaker 2: The rules are not easy, you know what. I've started to take that back. I started to say it wouldn't be that aggressive with parents with girl volleyball. But that's a big sport.
Speaker 4: Kentucky. Oh yeah, yeah, there's no doubt. So again another lesson. It seems like everything attached kids and their then they're crazy parents. It's just people don't want to work with you. It's people want to proof why this is the worst generation. I give you proof. No one wants to teach you your kid. No one wants to teach your kids. That's how they're bad. It is these people have dedicated their lives to teaching and being a teacher.
Speaker 3: I can't do it. I can't teach them.
Speaker 2: There's the problem is you got stupid philosophies like you can't punish them because that's a pathway to prison. Look when I was a teenager.
Speaker 4: That's exactly how the school board said it that I was joking anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh, I wasn't that good of a teaching teenager. So really, I've never talked about this before, and I don't know, I never talked about my personal life. So they put me in something called y D youth Development. It was just for bad kids. We went to we don't know what to do kids, We don't know what to do with you. It was not young dummies, it was development.
Speaker 3: Oh you dummies. Oh it was not well, how many dummies were in said class?
Speaker 2: All of this?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: So anyway, they would just put us on in one classroom and there we were all damn day and our teachers were football coaches, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yes, bring it back as all of my teachers' first names were coach.
Speaker 2: Right. All you got to do is look back and say, hey, what worked in the sixties, seventies, eighties, and maybe early nineties.
Speaker 4: With the tight bike shorts, polo shirt tucked in a whistle, mediums all around a whistle and a whistle. You set the bar too high for these kids. You can't you know, little Johnny's not going to be a senator.
Speaker 2: You can't use the R word anymore. But everybody knows what the R word is.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course you never used that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So here, if I had one football coach, if you asked him, this is not coach Freshley, coach fresh stop, just be careful what you're saying. I'm not gonna say, aybody, I'm gonna say. But there was another it's not coach Joe. He was amazing, But there was another one where if I went and asked him a question about something, yeah, he would say. I'd say, hey, uh, mister such and such, Hey, Frank on this, how do I figure out the answer? Blah blah blah. He was say, witting, Yeah, can you read?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Huh? Can you read? Yes? Are you our word? No?
Speaker 3: Go sit down?
Speaker 2: And I was like, why won't he help me? And that dawned on me later in life. The guy probably didn't know the answer right, and it pushed him off.
Speaker 4: I was asking, yeah, well again, everyone has value everyone and then by I always think of the Forrest Gump scene. You know how Forrest Gump can put the He puts the gun together and takes it apart faster than you know in the scene where they're training. Yeah, just going to get good, good cook good, good cook, and the and the and the sergeant comes over and goes clicks the timer, and it's like, oh my god, I would recommend you for officer, dude, if you weren't so stupid.
Speaker 3: He goes, yes, sorry, Jan, but I and.
Speaker 4: I think of Look, there's everybody's got a place in the world. And the great thing about this country is that no matter what your intellectual level is, you can make it and have a great, fantastic place in this world, no matter what a level of education. And by the way, you'll I'll talk to I've met plenty of folks that has master's degrees and PhDs that are dumbasses. They can process a lot of information in a short period of time. That's how they pass these zero and zero zero can't walk in a room and talk to somebody.
Speaker 2: For example, I couldn't afford to go to college, but somehow I warned my way into an internship at WQMF. I was in there with other interns that were going to college.
Speaker 3: Like he'd wear like jumpsuits.
Speaker 4: It's like he wasn't trying to he was like a matching jumpsuit with white tennis shoes.
Speaker 3: Wear that tonight it's like, oh boy.
Speaker 4: I still have one of them, a couple of them. Anyway, I think I ignore your first time we had walked out. I walked out of the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but my point is barely made out of high school, I was surrounded by people that were going to college for broadcasting. None of them made it, and none of them really cared, like like they would just sit in there. I would say, show me how this works, show me how that works. Hey, can I do that for you? You want me to do your job for you.
Speaker 4: But a school needs to fundamentally change. You can't do homeschooling. No offense to kids that are homeschooling, but they're a little off.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You got to have the interaction with other kids because the classroom is is the workplace later in life. That is, the students are your co workers. The teacher is your direct manager, and the principal and vice principals are your CEO and CFO.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing I wish I when I talked to kids at schools when they asked me before COVID, I used to do it all the time. COVID hit, you don't really go talk to schools much anymore. But he used to tell them they'd be so sad. I go, I wish this dynamic was it would would end, and they all look so sad. They're like, what, no, because there's brown nosers in class, right, there are the people that lie to you and say they did their homework, but didn't you know they actually did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I don't see color. I just say nosers.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh you know what, thank you you are. Thanks for making me better.
Speaker 2: I'm better than you.
Speaker 4: All right, you could admit you needed helping. Yeah, I could admit nobody nobody is wrong anymore.
Speaker 3: Ever, Yeah it's true, nobody's ever wrong. It's ever wrong.
Speaker 4: Uh. But no, you have to learn to survive and thrive in that environment. And it works because that's your work environment. Later in life, you got to be able to put up and see the people that are jerks and your friends and not your friends, and the teacher is your manager and all that stuff, and get your work done.
Speaker 2: We's keep it on crappy parents. As we go to Pakice and a Pakistani man appears to be the very definition of helicopter parent. He was concerned about his daughter's safety. That's when The man reportedly made the girl wear surveillance camera on her top of her head.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, what kind of video did he get?
Speaker 2: She was aware of it. That way he could keep an eye on her constantly monitor the coming and goings. No, no pun intended the persons that entered her personal space with the camera attached to the top of her burka, The girl claimed to not mind at all. She said she knows her parents are just concerned about her safety. She goes on to say that the threat of violence and women is real where she lives, and also if she didn't abide by the rules, they would chop her up and feed her to the goats.
Speaker 4: No, it's not true, but there are parts of Middle East where women are property and they treat them like that, and they are they are constant. I you know, you walk a mile, right, walk a mile. This Dad's like, I'm putting the camera on your head. So all these jerk faces know that you're being recorded.
Speaker 2: I hope it wasn't intercepted and redistributed. What all of the electronics that have been blowing up?
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, yeah, no, good joke, buddy, Yeah too soon.
Speaker 3: You gotta irritate.
Speaker 4: He's like a child. He's like your child. He likes a child that needs glasses. From Vision First, I care, I do. Actually, yeah, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: You've been saying it.
Speaker 2: I got it going. I got glasses.
Speaker 4: How many how many readers have I lost? I mean I lose them all the time? This pair out of my face, same pair for six months. I haven't lost them yet. Why because they're always on my face? I decided I no, I do not. That's the last thing I do is take them off and go. You hear the tick tick and put it on the side of the table.
Speaker 2: You know, oftentimes when you wear glasses it makes you look smart. Do they show any of those pairer for you at Vision First?
Speaker 4: No, they didn't know, but fair so Vision First I care. They take basically an MRI of your eye. It's really fascinating to look at your eye from the front of the back and everything else. It looks like a sci fi movie because you can see the I stem as it goes back to the brain. It's crazy how these pictures and they do that in four seconds each eve no dilating the eye. This is this is state of the art stuff. At Vision First, I Care. Then you go see the doctor. Doctor says, you want some glasses, We say yes, And then you go to the fashion forward folks and they are the ones that try to pick out glasses to make you look smarter or sexier or whatever you want. Vision First, I care eighteen locations, make an appointment. I did it, got two pairs of glasses. Took me an hour for all of that. What I just said in an hour, that's it.
Speaker 3: And now that you can read, you can read the food labels at lots of pasta, and what you don't see are preservatives. You'll see tuna, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, celery, lemon juice. That's exactly it. Yeah, no aides or is it?
Speaker 4: I don't need to read the label, it's wrong, but you can if you have to, unless there's onions. Because Jackie can't consume onions. So what happens if she eats onions?
Speaker 3: You don't want to know.
Speaker 4: You don't want to know, So I definitely gotta read the onions if pumping lots of pasta thirty seven seventeen, Good time for clear in.
Speaker 3: Your throat thirty seven seventeen. Legston the Road, Go see them oh.
Speaker 2: From James Atkinson. The lack of refs are affecting schedules too. Some games are now on Thursdays or even Saturday yep.
Speaker 3: Because they don't have enough refs for Friday night football. They have to.
Speaker 4: They beg the schools please play on Friday and Saturdays, and of course the schools are pushing back, and it's like, why are you pushing back? A Thursday night high school football game for the school would be great.
Speaker 2: Saturday night game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, play Thursday night means it's only two or three games. The TV stations would focus on your team.
Speaker 2: You know what you need.
Speaker 3: You bring a box lunch from lots of pasta and give it to the ref.
Speaker 2: Right he won't quit.
Speaker 3: Then get a big cookie and chicken chipotle pasta salad sandwich. No he won't. Yes, see either way solution.
Speaker 2: And if it's not a Friday night game, it means you can get up on a Saturday morning. Just take your time easing today, make your scrambled eggs and put some rattlesnake cheese or withes with hobbonaro and tequila from lots of pasta.
Speaker 4: By the way, if you wanted to train to be a ref, that's a full time job now because they need so many and so many different sports. You can have that as a full time job and make make really good money. You need a thick skin, though you do. You need to be able to handle crazy parents, because every parent's kid should be Shortstoper Pitcher yep, all right back after this suwhere Catcher stick around.
Speaker 3: There's radio eight forty W E chance