Speaker 1: The Chicago Motor Club presents the Wayside Theater. Welcome to the Wayside Theater, ladies and gentlemen, your Sunday evening headquarters for half hour plays comedy, romance or mystery. It's not surprising that your host, the Chicago Motor Club, should sponsor a program of dramatic interest, because that thirty two year old organization is more than familiar with drama, real life drama with plenty of action, the drama of servicing seventy eight thousand member families who depend on the club for the solution of their motoring problems. You see, friends, the Chicago Motor Club is a past master, changing those problems into permanent motoring pleasures. Why don't you find out how it's done. All you have to do is ask for the club's free booklet explaining why those fortunate member families actually spend less to own and drive their cars.
Speaker 2: That booklet is yours, without charge or obligation.
Speaker 1: If you live in Illinois or Indiana, just send your name and address to the Chicago Motor Club, Chicago or its nearest branch office in Chicago, simply called Franklin one eight, one eighth and the Quicker the Better and Now, Ladies and gentlemen, The Wayside Theater presents the first act of tonight's play.
Speaker 2: Lily Brown leaves.
Speaker 3: Marlow.
Speaker 2: Uh, Lily, where's the morning paper.
Speaker 3: Right by your plato? Thatt ain't your breakfast? Don't miss tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes it is.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 1: Crystal Toothpaste Company announces a contest for radio scriptwriters. Only one member of each family may submit a script. First prize one thousand dollars er Lily, When missus Marlowe comes down, you just tell her you don't know where the paper is, will you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sir, but you better go and eat your breakfast before it get cold.
Speaker 4: Yes, good morning?
Speaker 2: Did uh morning?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Lily morning. Will you bring me the morning paper? Please? Man the paper? The morning paper?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Rick, the paper boy forgot it again this morning, yas ma'am. He shall give them killing.
Speaker 4: Well, call the paper office and heave him, said the marlow what's that behind your back?
Speaker 2: Huh? Oh that well, I guess that.
Speaker 4: You guess nothing. It's the morning paper and you know it. Give it to me.
Speaker 2: I'm not finished with it.
Speaker 4: You give me that paper.
Speaker 2: I'm not finished with it.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to start throwing things.
Speaker 2: Oh here, there, that's your old paper.
Speaker 4: What did you tear out of it?
Speaker 2: Just a little item I wanted to keep?
Speaker 4: Let me see it.
Speaker 2: I won't do it. Can I have any private life of my own at all?
Speaker 4: You let me see that piece of paper there?
Speaker 2: Now, now you've tipped the table over.
Speaker 4: So, just as I thought, it's about the crystal tooth based radioscript contest.
Speaker 2: Well what if it is given here?
Speaker 4: Only one member of each family submitiscript? First prize one thousand dollars. So holding out on me, zeb mollow.
Speaker 2: I'll look here, Julie.
Speaker 1: When you married me, you said I could make the living for this family, and then you lay off writing.
Speaker 4: And that was before I knew what a bum writer you were. Well you're no better, you'll see. I'm going to win that content.
Speaker 2: You can't. The rules say only one member of each family mander.
Speaker 4: Well I'm going to be that member.
Speaker 1: Now, Please, Julie, don't spoil my chances for winning this prize.
Speaker 2: We need the money, I'll say, we do.
Speaker 4: I'm going to win that prize and buy a new coat. Oh darn it, anyway, go away? Oh well, what is it, Lily?
Speaker 3: Can I meet the bed man?
Speaker 4: Yes? I guess, so go ahead, Uh, Lily, if you were a woman in love with a man and that man deserted you for another woman, what would you do?
Speaker 3: I'd just beat the stumping out of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would too, But we can't very well put that in a radio script.
Speaker 3: And no man I read, we can't, Lily.
Speaker 4: Have you done mister Marlowe's room yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Man he's writing in there, isn't he?
Speaker 5: Yes, ma'am, Lily, would you like to have that red dress of mine?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Dog god shaw wound? O?
Speaker 2: Linle?
Speaker 4: You go into mister Marlow's room now and kind of get into conversation with him and find out what he's writing about. Then come back and tell me, and you get the red dress.
Speaker 3: Hm. That red dress is mighty.
Speaker 4: Put him as Marlow. But uh, go on, Lily, I'll throw in that jewel purse too.
Speaker 3: Oh lordy, well I'll try.
Speaker 1: Oh, Lily, quit fooling around with that dustcloth and come over here a minute. Hey, yeah, listen, Lily er, what would you do if you were a woman in love with a man and that man deserted you for another woman?
Speaker 2: Now? What, well, Lily, what's the matter?
Speaker 5: Uh n nothing, son, nothing, uh uh leave me scene now, why I beat up that man?
Speaker 3: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just but I can't put that in a radio script.
Speaker 4: And yes, I know you can't.
Speaker 3: That's just what miss Marlowe's thing.
Speaker 5: What I I mean, I imagine that's what Miss Marlowe would do if you was to go messing around with another woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uhh yes, yes, I guess she'd try that alright here, Uh, Lily, how'd you like to make ten dollars?
Speaker 3: Ten dollars? Yeah, shows I would, sir.
Speaker 1: Well and listen, Lily, Yeah, you go into missus Marlow's room and try to find out what she's writing about.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, I don't know, so she kind of cross is dimr.
Speaker 2: Oh go on now, Lily, Uh, I'll make it fifteen dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'll try sole.
Speaker 4: Well, what did you find out?
Speaker 3: Well, ma'am, you know what's funny thing? What do you say? Lily?
Speaker 4: Tell me what happened?
Speaker 3: And he felt the very same thing you did.
Speaker 5: What would I do if the man I loved two timey and I told him, just like I told you, I'd be.
Speaker 4: A strong He said the same thing.
Speaker 3: He asked, ma'am. He says, what would I do it.
Speaker 4: So he's using my idea? Is he he can't think of one? Is one of his own?
Speaker 2: What do you mean one of his own?
Speaker 4: Step Molla, Were you listening outside my door?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was.
Speaker 1: I thought something was screwy about the way Lily acted. So you bribed her to find out what I was writing about?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm leaving no such a thing?
Speaker 2: Why I did? Head?
Speaker 4: Well, what if I did? What do you mean by using my pot your plot? Yes?
Speaker 2: My part probably never even occurred to you until Lily came in and told you about it.
Speaker 4: Is that? So how do I know what? You were listening outside the door when I was beginning to create this idea. You were probably out there all the time, you you weaves dropper.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, Julie.
Speaker 1: I don't care about the plot. You can use it if you want to. But the fact that you would deliberately bribe someone to find out what I was doing, the fact that you'd be well dishonest about this thing, it hurts me more than I.
Speaker 2: Can tell you.
Speaker 4: Oh, Zeba, I'm sorry. It was a mean trick.
Speaker 2: It's just that I thought I could trust you, Julian.
Speaker 4: Now, well, I don't know oh, zeb please forgive me. I'll never do anything like that again, honestly.
Speaker 3: Can I finish this room now?
Speaker 4: Yes, Lily, come in, Doug.
Speaker 3: I'll still get that dressing course, ma'am?
Speaker 4: Yes, I guess so.
Speaker 5: And does I still get that? Fifteen dollars mister Marlow? Fifteen dollars for what?
Speaker 2: Uh? Lily, never mind now, I'll talk to you about that some other time.
Speaker 4: Fifteen dollars for what?
Speaker 5: Will you give me a dress and purse to find out what mister Marlow.
Speaker 4: Is writing at?
Speaker 5: He give me fifteen dollars to find out what you is right now? And you both writing the same thing.
Speaker 4: So I'm low, so I'm dishonest, so you can't trust not let me explain it. So I'm the kind that stoop surpriving am I will you just wait that Mallow? You're going to find out what competition is you? You cheat.
Speaker 2: The man? Lily Brown lead comes to a close.
Speaker 1: Have any of you, ladies and gentlemen, ever been in a well, I'm going to change that question. Friends, I'm going to ask you if you've ever witnessed a serious automobile accident at any rate. You've seen pictures of accidents and you've certainly read about them.
Speaker 2: You're well aware of.
Speaker 1: The fact that only time can heal the sorrow and heartbreak of motor fatalities. They happen daily, and families are faced with the tragic problem of money lack of money in many instances. I wonder if you know that a member in the Chicago Motor Club includes a personal accident policy at no extra cost, a policy that provides a benefit of from one thousand to fifteen hundred dollars according to how long you've been a member. Think what that means to families who were left with the desperate worry of making every penny count. That generous personal accident policy at no extra cost remember calls for immediate payment if a member is killed by a car while walking or driving, or while riding in a car driven by another. But this remarkable service is only one of many that assure protection, security, and peace of.
Speaker 2: Mind for Chicago Motor Club members.
Speaker 1: Is it any wonder that I urge you, in all sincerity to read the club's valuable free booklet. And here's the easiest and quickest possible way to ask for that booklet. This very evening, between the second and third acts of to night's play. We're going to substitute a musical intermission for our regular announcement. I don't miss a moment of the play, and you will have ample time to write down your name and address and have it all ready to mail to the Chicago Motor Club, Chicago or its nearest branch office.
Speaker 2: If you live in Chicago, you can.
Speaker 1: Use the time to call Franklin one eight, one eight and ask for your free booklet. And now, ladies and gentlemen, the second act of Lily Brown leaves.
Speaker 4: Oh hello, ed, hello, Why aren't you up? Why I'm going to?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Uh, where's Lily? I wanna tell her I won't be here for dinner?
Speaker 2: Or you won't?
Speaker 4: No, I won't, And wouldn't you like to know where I'm going?
Speaker 2: Though not particularly? Oh uh? When you find Lily, tell her that I won't be here for dinner either.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, you don't need to think I'm going to ask you where you're going.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't tell you, my sweet.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't wanna know. How's the script coming along?
Speaker 2: Ooh fine, fine, it's almost finished, is it? Yes? Don't tell me you're still dabbling around up there on the typewriter.
Speaker 4: H you won't call her dabbling when I win the prize?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, perhaps dodd Well, I guess I'll go up.
Speaker 4: And dress, run along, and uh, don't wait up for me, dear.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'll probably be in long before I am. Don't you wait up for me?
Speaker 4: Huh going out?
Speaker 3: You see?
Speaker 4: I wonder what he's up to? Oh, where's lily? Lily exactly? Uh, Lily, I won't be here for dinner, and neither will mister Morrow.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Accidentally, you don't happen to know where he's going, do you? No?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: How much did he pay you not to tell me? Two dollars?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: So he is going someplace he doesn't want me to know about. Clee, you got to tell me? No, man, I'll give you three dollars.
Speaker 5: No, ma'n, I'm sticking to one price on this deed. He pay me two dollars not to tell you where he going, and you pay me two dollars for me not to tell him that you is going out with that? And mister Walters, who owned a crystal toothpaste.
Speaker 1: Come in.
Speaker 3: I ain't raising or loring that priss for neither one of 'em.
Speaker 4: Oh, Lily, after all, I've done for you. Yeah, well, anyway, see that he doesn't find out about this mister Walter's business, so you won't get your two dollars and you'll lose your job.
Speaker 2: Mine was awfully nice of you to come.
Speaker 4: I was only too happy too, but it was at the difficult keeping all this from my husband.
Speaker 2: Yes, but think what a nice surprise it'll be for him.
Speaker 1: You see, I specialize in writing feature stories about the lives of famous men, and well we find that the wives really know so much more about the men than they do themselves.
Speaker 4: But it seems so strange.
Speaker 6: It's coming to a night lock as well. I uh, I think better in a place like this, you see. I mean the music, the noise and all. Well, it helps me to concentrate. Do you understand, Well.
Speaker 4: Not quite, but I know that writers are unusual people.
Speaker 2: Well, now let's get started on your husband. Now tell me all about So.
Speaker 4: I decided the person to come to was you.
Speaker 7: Well, and that's very flattering, my dear, as I really haven't done much.
Speaker 3: Oh yes you have.
Speaker 4: You're really a very famous man. I was terribly thrilled when my paper gave me your name as an assignment for a feature story.
Speaker 7: What paper did you say you worked for the Daily Star? Strange, I've never noticed this famous men column you mentioned.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just a new feature, I see.
Speaker 7: And do you always bring your famous men to a nightclub to interview them?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well yes usually, you see, we feel they're doing a somewhat of a favor and we like to entertain them a little.
Speaker 7: Well, I had the dickens of a time getting away from my wife.
Speaker 2: I don't think she would have understood.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sure she would have. H Now, mister Wallers, tell me. Aren't you sponsoring some sort of a scriptwriting contest for your toothpaste? Oh?
Speaker 7: Why yes, I am.
Speaker 4: Oh I think that's terribly interesting. Now, just what kind of a script do you yourself prefer for your radio program?
Speaker 7: Well, I appre look look over there, there's my wife with that radio is doing.
Speaker 2: Hey, wait a minute, do you two know each other?
Speaker 4: Deb speak up? Don't make me do.
Speaker 2: The talking I never saw before in my life.
Speaker 4: Zeb. Well, why he's my husband, mister Walters. And if your wife has alienated his affections, I'll sue you.
Speaker 2: You'll sue me.
Speaker 7: Why Emma, did this young man start to ask you questions.
Speaker 3: About the crystal radio script context.
Speaker 4: Why, yes he did. I thought it a little strange.
Speaker 7: But just as I thought, I see the whole thing now, this pair of swindlers is trying to get first hand information on our radio context hull. Well you're not very clever, young lady.
Speaker 1: How long am I?
Speaker 2: Well you certainly fixed things up? Fine?
Speaker 4: Oh shut up?
Speaker 1: What about you if you'd only had the sense to pretend that you didn't know me?
Speaker 4: Oh you should have seen yourself sitting there with that old woman and the smirk you had on your face. Well, why she's old enough to be.
Speaker 1: Your mother as well. You were acting pretty freish with old man Waller's yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, at least he would have paid the bill. I wouldn't be out here washing dishes if we hadn't seen you. Incidentally, just how were you going to pay your bill?
Speaker 2: I was going to charge it?
Speaker 4: Well, why don't you charge both bills? Then? What are we doing out here washing dishes? Then?
Speaker 1: Well, the manager wouldn't trust me after all the commotion we caused, and you ought to have enough money for that bill.
Speaker 2: Anyway, where's your household money for this week?
Speaker 4: Why I gave it all the Liian bribes Oh my feet hurt.
Speaker 3: Well, goodness, what are y'all doing your washing?
Speaker 2: Is? Lily?
Speaker 4: What are you doing here?
Speaker 5: My boyfriend Sam, he the poty here. I come down to meet him every night.
Speaker 2: See, Lily, have you got twelve dollars?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I sure have. I don't made a lot of extra this week.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, would you loan it to us, Lily so we can pay our bill?
Speaker 3: Well? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, Lily, you've just got to My feet are killing me.
Speaker 3: Would y'all be willing to pay a lily in trail?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, Lily, you can have anything. You could have my new hat. Oh, only fork over the twelve dollars.
Speaker 5: I sure would like that new hat. When he has the twelve dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, thanks, Lily.
Speaker 1: Occasuallye I'll take off that apron. We'll pay our bill and walk out of here like gentlefolks.
Speaker 4: Oh, zb I promise you I'm gonna stay at home and be a good wife. I've never been so tired in all my life.
Speaker 5: We miss see now I want to write down what y'all owes me. There's this twelve dollars and that dollar fifty for the keys I got for you to say noon, mister.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, okay, Lily, he is for what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Just some keys?
Speaker 4: Lily? Why did you ask me for the key to my desk this afternoon?
Speaker 3: Missus Mardel, I ain't got nothing to say.
Speaker 4: Zeb Mordel, Did you have extra keys made for my desk for me? Theb you did well of all the load tricks?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well I got a good look at that script of yours anyway, two pages done?
Speaker 4: Oh you big bomb? Hey quick one stop there, you let it look at me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can throw a butcher knife.
Speaker 1: What this little trick of yours has about five dollars for your bill, So just get busy and I'll start wahing again.
Speaker 2: Oh but we have the twelve dollars for our bill. Man, when your bill is now seventeen dollars, Lily, have you got any more money?
Speaker 3: Now? About I have y'all run.
Speaker 1: The Magnas act of Melley Brown Leaves comes to twelve. Before we continue with the third act of tonight's play, we want you to take an important part in this program, the star part, really, and it can mean money in your pocket, as any Chicago Motor Club member will tell you.
Speaker 2: Now listen closely.
Speaker 1: The club wants you to read its valuable free booklet telling why club members spend less to own and drive their cars. Of course, you can't read it unless you ask for it, and we're determined that you won't have the slightest inconvenience or delay in doing just that asking for your booklet. This very evening, we're going to present a musical intermission right now, and you will have plenty of time to write the club or to call Franklin one eight one eight while our orchestra plays. You motorists who live in Illinois or Indiana can write down your names and addresses and have them all ready to mail to the Chicago Motor Club, Chicago or its nearest branch office. If you live in Chicago, just pick up the phone and.
Speaker 2: Call Franklin one eight one eight.
Speaker 1: Special night operators are waiting for you to ask for that free booklet. Now, you won't miss a second of the play, and we're all set to go. Friends a musical intermission while you rank the club or call Franklin one eight one eight. Ladies and gentlemen, The third act called Lily Brown leaves.
Speaker 4: That what time is it?
Speaker 1: It's seven twenty and that's the tenth time you've asked me in the last five minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can hardly wait. The rules say the judges will make their decision by seven tonight, that the winner will be notified immediately by.
Speaker 1: Telegram, telling you, Julie, If those judges find out you entered your script under an assumed name and it spoils my chances of winning this prize, I'll, I'll.
Speaker 4: You'll what I'll leave you leave me? You'd starve to death? Oh I would, Yes, you would. I'd like to know how we'd buy groceries if it weren't for my syndicated cereal.
Speaker 2: Ye, some water cereal.
Speaker 4: It feeds this, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I suppose you've forgotten about the royalties. I'm still getting on my book.
Speaker 4: Oh that book? Will I never hear the last of the keeping over our heads. It's a telegram.
Speaker 2: Now let me go, I'll go, get out of the way.
Speaker 4: Let loose me.
Speaker 3: Stay here.
Speaker 4: Now, you don't let loose to me.
Speaker 3: I'll bite fair.
Speaker 4: Now you've tripped over our best blunt.
Speaker 2: Well, you trip me, Lily.
Speaker 4: Is that a telegram you've got in your hand?
Speaker 2: Old me, Lily, give me that telegram.
Speaker 4: Now wait a minute, Wait a minute, now, let's be calm. Who's it addressed to?
Speaker 1: Lily?
Speaker 3: I can't say, ma'am.
Speaker 5: The paper gone forward, and so the name don't show through the little window in the envelope.
Speaker 4: Well, it must be mine.
Speaker 2: Give it to me, Lily. I command you to give that envelope to me, Lily.
Speaker 4: Don't you dare?
Speaker 3: I put it over on the window then, and then y'all can fight.
Speaker 2: Not on the window, Ledge, Lily, the breezeer board out there. Oh, look it lips down there on the LEDs, just below the windows.
Speaker 4: Get on my way. I'm gonna crawl down and get it.
Speaker 2: Tuly, get out of that window.
Speaker 4: You'll kill yourself that we've got to see it.
Speaker 1: Now Wait, wait, you would, Lily, hang on to my feet and let me down head first, and I think I can reach you all.
Speaker 4: Right here, Lily, help get a hold on his other foot and we'll let him down.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute there, now, all right, I got a good hold. No here I go.
Speaker 3: Oh, I sure hope I can hold on.
Speaker 4: Get it down slowly, now, are you all right?
Speaker 3: Zeb So let me down.
Speaker 2: Oh I've almost got it.
Speaker 4: Oh, zeb hurry, I can't hold on.
Speaker 3: Much longer, eb hurry.
Speaker 4: We can't hold you, Lily. Can you see what he's doing down there? Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, ma'am, I can't wait a minute. It looks like he got a hold of the telegram and the.
Speaker 4: Open don't you dare open that? Pull him up? Pull hard, don't you open it?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm looking miss Julie. You know I'm going on thereb Zeb, Oh, he's fainted. Get him in quickly, there there, now, let's pull him down the hay there, oh, zeb darling, speak to me, Lily, got some water as smelling salts 's something?
Speaker 3: It ain't no use to coming to.
Speaker 2: Go away from me? Everybody, what happened?
Speaker 4: Zeb Speak to me? What's the matter?
Speaker 2: Read the telegram?
Speaker 3: Here? Give it to me.
Speaker 4: What is say? We are pleased to inform you that the winner of the Crystal toothpaste radio script contest is it is? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Now she don't think he has the smelling suck.
Speaker 2: Julie, Julie, Julie, wake up here and I'll smell this. I'll take a good web.
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh, get that awful stuff away from my nose.
Speaker 2: Oh what happened though?
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh no, I remember telegram?
Speaker 3: Uh? Sure would like to see that telegram.
Speaker 4: You'd like to see it, well, go on read it.
Speaker 2: Yes, for heaven's sake, read it and get it over with.
Speaker 5: Leave me see now, we are pleased to inform you that the winner of the Crystal Toothpaste radio script contest is huh oh Lily.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I guess it was her turn the fame.
Speaker 1: The rest of us head hair hair ever, these salts rely uh oh uh.
Speaker 5: The winner of the Crystal Tooth phase contest is the winner of the Crystal toothpas contest is.
Speaker 3: Uh oh my? Where is that telegram?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is my hand that is there. Would you mind reading it from I don't trust my own eyes.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll read it.
Speaker 1: It says we are pleased to inform you that the winner of the Crystal Tooth Face Radioscript Contest is Miss Lily Brown. Check for one thousand dollars. We'll be forwarded immediately.
Speaker 4: Lily, you rascal. Why didn't you tell us you were submitting a script?
Speaker 3: This is complicated enough around us here.
Speaker 2: Household now, But where'd you got the idea what you write about?
Speaker 4: That's it is.
Speaker 3: Because I just read about you, and miss Junie you wrote about us.
Speaker 5: Sure, I just read about how you both trying to win the radio script contest, and how.
Speaker 3: You fought all the time, how you hide.
Speaker 4: Me to help you, and oh, well I'll be done, will I?
Speaker 3: So will I?
Speaker 2: But Lily you're.
Speaker 3: Rich, Yes, sir, I say a thousand books.
Speaker 4: I suppose you'll be leaving us now.
Speaker 5: I sure't leave in my seven and me we can get married now.
Speaker 2: Well, Julie, we're a couple of smart writers, all right.
Speaker 4: He So tell me something. What did you write about? This?
Speaker 2: Will tell you. I wrote about us entering a contest, just like Lily did.
Speaker 4: Say if you didn't, well, who'd you have when you? Oh? Zade was sweeze?
Speaker 2: What'd you write about?
Speaker 4: I wrote about us entering your contest too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who did you have when you what? Julie?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 4: I suppose you really did steal my I didn't you?
Speaker 2: On the contrary, I haven't the slightest out in the world. What you stole mine?
Speaker 4: The model?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 4: Dad?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're probably broke into my desk every day and copied ess what I wrote?
Speaker 4: Are you accusing me of cheating?
Speaker 2: Not only of.
Speaker 1: Cheating, but of maliciously preventing me from making an honest living, spending my money foolishly and console follow.
Speaker 4: If it's the last thing I do, I'll make you eat those ways.
Speaker 1: Yes, words are probably all we'll have to eat in this house. Wait a minute, Lily, whould you have win your contest?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 4: Lily?
Speaker 1: The Cargo Motor clubs waistimee vata presentation of Lily Brownlee's comes for a clothes. It's only natural that civic minded motorists, men and women interested in every angle of seat for motorists and pedestrians alike should belong to the Chicago Motor Club. Here certainly is an organization which bases its many money saving services on a policy of helpfulness and unselfishness. Now don't delay asking for the Club's free booklet, friends. It explains why seventy eight thousand civic minded member families depend on the Club for the solution for every motoring worry. If you live in Illinois or Indiana, just send your name and address to the Chicago Motor Club, Chicago or its nearest branch office. If your home is in Chicago, just call Franklin one eight one eight. Be sure and be with us again for the Wayside Theater's Play of the Week. Next Sunday evening, Ladies and gentlemen at this same hour, and don't forget to hear the Chicago Motor Club's weekly broadcast of The Parker Family tomorrow evening over w b b M at six thirty.
Speaker 2: In the cast of tonight's.
Speaker 1: Play, you heard our popular stars Olin Soulay and the part of zeb and Betray Hrish had done lap playing Julie. They were supported by Ethel and Harriet Whitmer, Herb Butterfield, and Bill Bouchet. This is Burn Smith speaking for the Chicago Motor Club.
Speaker 2: This is the WBB Mayor Theater, Wrigley Building, Chicago,