Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron.
Speaker 3: On Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 1: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 4: Here we are and.
Speaker 1: Now here it is the host of your LA Clippers free.
Speaker 5: And postgame at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 2: Well, Anthony Edwards was cold with it in Minnesota late, knocking down big threes and the Clippers would lose by two in Minnesota. Final score oneh eight to one oh six. Welcome into Clippers Talk. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number, whether you're listening on a five to seventy LA Sports or at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side. Appreciate you guys. And while we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification. Here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM five seventy KLAC Los Angeles nine seven KSRHD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Gonna break this down at a molecular molecular levelcar granular level. Let's say, uh, this was frustrating. The Clippers led by nineteen in the second quarter against Minnesota. Minnesota is gasping for air. They're trying to prove they're still the same team of last season without Cat and they came into this game seventeen and seventeen. They haven't been them the last ten games. They've been twenty fifth defensively. Last season, they were the best defense by a mile. They just lost a game to Detroit where Ant had fifty three, his career high. Tonight he finished with thirty seven, and the Clippers could have broke them. They could have slay the Dragon, a team that had beaten them seven out of eight times and now eight out of nine. Because the Clippers are up forty four to twenty five with six forty four left in the second quarter, the backups with big Zoo were doing work. Derek Jones Junior hit a three after he was three or two for his last twenty three.
Speaker 4: They're up forty two to twenty three, and then it beats a.
Speaker 2: Zubots puts them up forty four to twenty five with a floater at the six forty four mark.
Speaker 4: Of the second quarter.
Speaker 2: No game in today's NBA is over that early up twenty up nineteen, doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: But it's not like.
Speaker 2: Minnesota responded right away. They missed a three. Then nas Reed started to turn the game with a block on a Mire Coffee and then a mad three. It's forty four to twenty eight. That's all right, Steady the ship, Clippers, Norman pal gets to the free story line, goes one of two. It's forty five to twenty eight. Now here comes a Clipper killer. Mike Conley first misses a three pointer, then makes one, Clippers up fourteen, then a floater, Clippers up twelve. Norman Palell hits a huge three. I thought at the time to again, steady the ship. Forty eight to thirty three, Mike Conley another three, twelve point game, James Harden to three. Okay, they're good, right, they're fine.
Speaker 4: They're up fifty one to thirty eight. You're gonna go in.
Speaker 2: To the half with a double digit lead, right, Nope. Jade McDaniels, who hit some really key shots and a three late under two minutes over. KPJ hits one at the two to eleven mark of the second quarter, ten point game. Anthony Edwards three. It's a seven point game with a minute thirty left. Rudy Gobar bucket, it's a five point game with fifty eight seconds left in the second no morem Palell gets to the free throw line, hits two.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 2: The Clippers of the half are up fifty three to forty six, when they easily could have been up fifteen, didn't even have to be nineteen.
Speaker 4: Be up fifteen.
Speaker 2: Don't get back momentum right then, because sometimes it carries over. Sometimes you give a team life. They feel good about themselves in the locker room and they come out and you get ambushed in the third quarter as well, where Minnesota won at thirty one to twenty three, and the Clippers completely went away from Vitza Zubas again. Nowadays, everybody want to talk, but they got nothing to say because something comes out when they move the lips, just a bunch of gibberish. And they forgot about Zoo. They forgot about Zoo. Third quarter, Zoo gets a beautiful left headed hook shot over go Bet after looking off the defense, freezing them so they don't come over to double because he might kick it out. And I thought there it is here we go. They're gonna get it to Big Zoo. They're gonna get him going, Please please get him going. It's fifty five to forty six. He was looking nice against Rudy Gobert and with an a one on a weak foul on of Eats Zoo Bots. Yes, there were some tough calls in this. One ball looked to be out of bounds on the fourth quarter off Gobert could have been a flagrant on Gobert throwing an elbow at Big Zoo when he got frustrated because Big Zoo blocked him.
Speaker 4: Twice plays went against the Clippers.
Speaker 2: That was one right there, Zoe didn't like the call, and one Anthony Edwards then Zoo a big two handed throwdown on Julius Randall off a great James Harden bounce past to him elite as they came and trapped him with Rudy Gobert, and somehow he got around him. Aunt Bucket Dante three. Clippers are only up two now, Kawhi, missus the three. They tied the game. It's fifty seven to all. Dun comes out of the time out and misses a three. There's three pointers here, Mini three sixty to fifty seven Minnesota. Third quarter, Dune misses another three, Dante hits a three.
Speaker 4: They're up by six.
Speaker 2: Nor misses a three, Many misses. Kawhi misses a reverse where he had zero lyft after an offensive rebound.
Speaker 4: He leaves the game.
Speaker 2: That's the end for him, and that ended around the eight minute.
Speaker 4: Mark of the third quarter. Let me give you the exact time.
Speaker 2: Uh, he missed that. At the seven to twenty eight mark. He goes out. He played twenty one minutes in this one, so he played one more and he did last game. But Kawhi Leonard gets subbed out.
Speaker 4: What point is it? What point is it? Why is my game long? Say it? Say it?
Speaker 2: He goes out midway through the third Let's call it that, shall we? Since espen can't update this thing. I'm not frustrated. You're frustrated, Floater Gobert. Clippers are down sixty five to fifty seven. Kawhi's out of the game, turnover.
Speaker 4: Pale aunt board.
Speaker 2: Twenty one to two Minnesota run and it's sixty seven to fifty seven. Going back to the end of the second quarter into the third quarter, there is a twenty one one.
Speaker 4: To two run.
Speaker 2: The Clippers missed five straight threes before Kawhi missed that reverse layup with no lift, and Zoo wasn't touching the basketball in the third, and you go from being up early zu Bots getting a couple early buckets in the third quarter two. I'm fine with the three ball game, but Big Zoo was dominating and those threes were not falling.
Speaker 4: It's all like Zoo's off the court.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that. Typically they feature him earlier in the third they started to then they went away from Zoo. At the ten thirty two mark, he has that dunk. I don't know if he touches the basketball from the ten thirty two mark. Let me see how many threes Kawhi misses a three, Chris Dumb misses the three, Chris Dell misses another three, Nor misses a three, Kawhi missus a three. There's five straight missed three pointers, and Zoo doesn't get a shot up during this time. So about three minutes there, he had just scored. He's dominating, he's playing with force, he's playing with aggression.
Speaker 4: What more do you want him to do?
Speaker 2: And instead the Clippers are out there settling. So first they blow the nineteen point lead. Then they blow I think the game plan to get Zoo more involved to start the third and they end up instead of being up double digits, being down. By the end of the third quarter. They did have it to a one point game thanks to Saint Nick Nico Batoum with a three pointer and the Clippers going small Mobamba do not playing this game, and the backups doing some damage there. But again you're in control, just like in the second quarter. Early third, they're in control still, but the shot selection was poor. And then to start the four you're down by one and you miss your first eleven shots.
Speaker 4: That's just so brutal.
Speaker 2: In some ways, it's a miracle. The Clipper still had a chance to win this game. Late Nor missed the three to start the fourth quarter, then a layup, a mere offensive rebounds, a mere after a DJ like they couldn't. They missed so many good looks and you go to miss your first eleven shots of the quarter and the Clippers got down. I want to say it was by ten early in the fourth, it was eighty nine to eighty after a Mike Conley layup. Of course, Clipper killer.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: At one point there was a twenty nine point turnaround up nineteen to down ten. So I'm not sure where this ESPN game log or what it is doing tonight, but it's not giving me some accurate readings here, because I know Carlo was accurate. So that's a little bit frustrated on top of the Clippers losing this game, on top of them being up by five with four minutes left, so again in control. The Clippers mounted to come back after being down ten in the fourth quarter. KPJ hit a three off a great feed from Derek Jones Jr. Zubots had a huge block on Dante DiVincenzo DJ layup. It's a four point game. Clippers cut into that ten point lead. Nas Reid answers zoo floater over Gobert. A lob is broken up and DJ gets it norm three. It is a one point game off an extra pass from James Harden in the near side corner. DJ then locks up and on a tough baseline fade away on the far side, James Harden misses a free throw line jumper. On the other end, Clippers get a stop. KPJ floater. Clippers up ninety two to ninety one.
Speaker 4: For everybody that's just trying.
Speaker 2: To scapegoat Kevin Porter Junior, because there is some of that going on. That's not what I'm doing here, because there was a mixed, uh, mixed sequences by him in the fourth quarter, some good, some bad. You got the full KPJA experience in the fourth quarter. But the Clippers are up one at ninety two to ninety one, and Go Bear gets blocked by Zoo twice and lets out a frustration foul could have been a flagrant. They didn't review it. Clippers wanted them too. Zoo hit both free throws, so now the Clippers are up by three. Harden has a beautiful steal on nas Reed and a seventy foot pass up to DJ who gets fouled. He hits both. They're up five. There's four minutes left, but the very next play another weak touch foul. I'm not saying the Clippers lost this game because of the officials, but there were some bad calls where Aunt got nan one. So now it's a two point game. It was called on Viatz's zo bots I believe. Then Harden misses a three pointer and it looked like the ball went off of Go Bear and his knee the Clippers sideline. They were asking for it. Court side, they were begging.
Speaker 4: For that call. No review.
Speaker 2: Go Beart has a turnover, Norm with a steal, but then KPJ gives it right back after he was leaving his feet. I think he was looking for Norm in the far side corner, but don't leave your feet, don't make a jump pass. It was a brutal play ant three on DJ, then a hardened floater after Zoo lost it. Clippers gonna stop hardened step back three no McDaniels, and that three on the far side corner was a huge bucket that happened at the one forty nine mar Clippers are up by one, they go down by two. Norman Powell ties it up after a time out and it gives them the lead after the and one on the little scoop layup. I was happy for Norm to figure it out after I think he started the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: What was he shooting?
Speaker 2: He started He was three of seven to start the fourth and he probably missed his first three or four shots of the fourth quarter because the Clippers missed eleven straight. But I thought, oh, Clippers are gonna dig this one out of the dirt. As Brian's team would say they're up one uh oh aunt step back over DJ one O three one oh one, Clippers down two. Zubots gets a miss. They actually got in the basketball after a long time without it. Aunt, step back over KPJ. Clippers down five. That was pretty much the game. The Clippers had a chan it's late because of some bad fouls in late game execution by the Minnesota Timberwolves where KPJ missed that free throw think intentionally, and Zoo and Powell both had put back opportunities to tie the ball game, but they couldn't get it, and the Clippers lose again in frustrating fashion to the Minnesota Timberwolves. We're looking for coach Lou Audio. I know a lot of people are frustrated that KPJ was in late in that ballgame and there was a three guard lineup. I get some of the reasoning there. They wanted another ball handler on the floor. I believe it was him, Norm and Chris Dunn out there with who Norm Chris Dunn DJ No, Chris Dunn was in for DJ late with Harden and Zoo. Could they have gone to Man? Could they have gone to a mere coffee?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: I thought had some really big plays in this one. Yeah, they could have. I think the fact that KPJ hit that three pointer and had that bucket to put him up by one that restored coach loose faith in him to play him what looked to be was it the entire fourth quarter for Kevin Porter Jr. But he did have some costume mistakes. I don't feel secure with him in the basketball late in the ball game. I don't He's too loose with it. He has a good handle some of the time. Other times, I mean, he had turnover in the first half that I was scratching my head about, or he just lost the basketball just dancing with it. But that turnover he had that, I'm not saying it was the backbreaker, but the Clippers had just gotten the basketball back. And I'm not putting this on KPJ, but I know a lot of people are making it a central point of the conversation tonight. And yeah, that stop selection. That three pointer that he was blocked on, I think it was.
Speaker 4: Was a de Vincenzo.
Speaker 2: Devincenzo ended up hitting a three pointer on the other side afterwards, and that was KPJ's man. I believe in that possession, and he was also guarding McDaniels on the far side corner on that three.
Speaker 4: I need another look at that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was blocked by naw then the Dante three. Clippers down eighty two to seventy eight. Some good, some bad. It's been like that with him. I thought a Mer just had some really good moments in this ballgame. I could have seen playing him down the stretch. But if you want another ball handler and Kawhi is not available because he's on ministerstriction, I guess that's where coach Lou was going. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll try to hear it from coach Lee postgame. Clippers lose a heartbreaker. I'm not going to resort to analysis of losses happen. Let's move forward and let's go Kawhi. I'm sorry, Adam R. We're actually going to dissect the game? Should I do that with wins? Two wins happen. Let's move forward and co Kauhi like, how about we try to learn from this? How about we try to figure out what was working, what wasn't and not be lazy about it. I'm out of Maasland. And this is Clippers talk here on five seven LA Sports.
Speaker 5: He throws it up the window, finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: Clippers losing Minnesota by two out executed late again. I'm out of Masland. One O eight, one O six was your final and I get it, but I think people are putting too much of this loss at the plate or at the feet of Kevin Porter Junior. I mean I saw afterwards people saying it's the Russell Westbrook experience all over again. I told you guys that like a month ago. I think there are real comparisons between him and Russ and just the roller coaster of never knowing what you're getting possession to possession and when you have to have poise under noise. I tend not to trust those guys late in ball games. And that turnover was huge by him. It's not the reason they lost the game. You know, they're up nineteen in the second quarter, they take five straight threes with the Visa Zuboss playing that well in the third quarter and they're up five with four minutes left in the fourth quarter. They had all the opportunities to win this ball.
Speaker 4: Game and they didn't pull through.
Speaker 2: Mike in La, Mike, you're on Clippers stock without a miles on.
Speaker 4: What's up, Mike?
Speaker 3: And I'm curious, So you think, well, what do you think about James Harden's minute? I mean, it just seems to me that he's getting a run into the brow. I mean he getting run into the ground.
Speaker 2: Long term, well, he played thirty seven tonight. The problem is they just don't have a lot of options. People talking about KPJ and how up and down and how poor it's been at times, it's like, well, you want to play him more. I've tried to see on the season. So we started off playing thirty six minutes in October. That's only five games. Then he was playing thirty four minutes per game in November, thirty three minutes per game in December, and he's played twenty nine minutes and thirty seven minutes in two games so far in January of twenty twenty five. But I think the issue is like when Kawhi gets up to speed and is playing more minutes, that's going to alleviate a lot and help out James Harden tremendously, and guys, I do want to make this point one more time, and Mike, I'll let you keep going here. But the best thing to take out of tonight's loss, the silver lining is I thought Kawhi Leonard was moving better in this game than he was on Saturday, which is the exact opposite of what we saw in that playoff series. With the first game back, you know, he looked okay. In game two, he looked rusty, but his moving it's whatever. And then it swelled up and he looked miserable out there movement wise in Game three against Dallas. But tonight I felt like he actually was moving with a little bit more freedom.
Speaker 4: Would you say that's accurate, Mike, I would say that.
Speaker 3: I also wanted to say, I think tonight I'm not gonna figure I think zoo from the line. Was it yeah it was three for three or wasn't it one that many? But you know, gotta start somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate the phone call, Mike. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. I'll talk more about Kawhi Leonard because big picture wise, they're there's a lot of positives like having Kawhi Leonard back. When we talk about what this team can do long term, it's all dependent and hinging on Kawhi Leonard's right knee and if he's able to get back to playing the way he was last season. I saw some good things tonight that have given me even more hope and are even more encouraging in that respect. I met Oslin Clippers lose one o eight to one oh six in Minnesota to the Timberwolves. I know, I know it's a tough on cliber Nation. They were up by nineteen. You're listening to Clippers talk, you're on a M five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: He throws it up the window finishes in the fowel Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cold Minnesota, cold for the Clippers as they went over eleven from the field to start the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: And I still don't even think that's the.
Speaker 2: Main reason they lost this game. Up nineteen in the second quarter, only up seven going into the half, and then after the cold start in the third quarter where they stopped playing through Viza Zubats completely. At one point, I think there was a twenty one to two run by the Minnesota Timberwolves. There was just a lot in this game. In fact, I might have to do a Clipper stock after dark because it was that type of game. Now, I do want to talk about what I said, what I mentioned about Kawhi Leonard so early on, I thought he was really aggressive in the first quarter. He missed a midi on Randall at the ten minute mark of the first after bringing the ball up, which he did multiple times on a beautiful step back like his movement. It was a classic perfect Kawhi mid range shot, except it didn't go in, but the movement was there and I loved seeing it because I don't think he attempted one last time out. Then he missed a push shot on the right baseline, couldn't get it to go no foul. He had a nice pass to done for a floater in the first Then at Kawhi three off a two man game with the beatz Zu Bots, his first make a three pointer again, shot it over an, then he brought it up, missed a fallaway over Dante DiVincenzo. Then at Kawhi put back off of miss from James Harden In transition, Kawhi missed a three. After that, McDaniel's hit a three on Kawhi where he got turned around on the left wing, and it was just a really rare instance where you could see the rust on Kawhi defensively there. He did only take I think one shot in the second quarter after taking seven in the first quarter, and then he took a couple of threes and missed a layup where he didn't have much lift. In the third quarter, he couldn't get those.
Speaker 4: Shots to go.
Speaker 2: But overall, Kawhi three of eleven, two of five from distance, knocked down a couple of three pointers, eight points in twenty one minute. He played one more minute than he did last time out. Again, I don't know what you're expecting. If you think Kawhi's going out there and gunning for twenty or thirty points in his twenty minute restriction right now, I would advise you to check out how slowly they brought him along and how he was waiting to catch his rhythm last time when he came back off the ACL in fall of twenty twenty two. Quick time out, We'll come back. Clippers lose one o eight to one oh six in Minnesota to the Timberwolves. I'm at a mousland and this is clipperstock here on M five seven LA Sports.
Speaker 1: He throws it up going no finishes in the fowl.
Speaker 5: Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: Clippers lose one o eight to one o six to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Quickly, Jose and Downey, you're on Clippers stock.
Speaker 3: Hey, Adam, thank you for thinking about call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, disappointing loss. I had to go on a run after.
Speaker 3: To get it all out myself. But I mean, yeah, I agree man.
Speaker 6: Why they went away from zoo and scoring from the inside in that second quarter when they were settling for outside shots some three pointers while the Triberls are making their run. I mean, that's the time to calm it down and beat them when you've been making you've been making your money so far.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Jose quickly, even more quickly Harold in North Hollywood, Harold, what's up? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What are you doing.
Speaker 4: How we doing, Harold? Long time, quickly, Harold, I gotta get out.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't get on the air tonight.
Speaker 2: You're literally on the air right now.
Speaker 1: Oh for crank.
Speaker 3: No, oh god, you know what. I'm not gonna Harold.
Speaker 4: I'll talk to you on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: My friend Clippers lose by two in Minnesota. They're tipping off at six pm in Denver on Wednesday against the Nuggets. Will have your pregame show back here at five before we get out of here. I do want to take the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, know what ego? Carlo Jimenez, big Brother, Jake Warner, Daniel West. You got a quick update for me on the standings. By the way, I don't mean us bring this on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the night is Joe. Maybe somebody who loses and helps bump them up.
Speaker 2: Clippers Denver Wednesday, pregame right back here at five.
Speaker 4: I'm at Amazon. We'll talk to you then. Thanks Daniel.
Speaker 5: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 5: And make sure to follow wherever You Podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 1: Clippers Talk Maybe