Speaker 1: You got bank.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody. First of all, congratulations on the big festival.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, and right it was fun.
Speaker 2: We've got october Fest coming out and this has been expanded.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 4: It's going to be very exciting, lots of fun filled, fantastic things for the family to do. This year, we're starting a little bit early to help our families out. For those who have smaller children, younger children. The good news is anyone eighteen under is free, so bring all your children out, bring the grandparents, bring the parents, bring the aunts and uncles, all of your neighbors.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we kick off at twelve goes to eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: This year, it's same location at the Okam Music sort of complex area by RSU between fourth and fifth on Dewey. Tickets are on sale now, so if you want to go ahead and get your tickets so you can doodle right through the line. We encourage everyone to do that to help with line control.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 4: We're very excited and Rose can maybe tell, but we have a puppet show for the kiddos.
Speaker 3: We do and it's called curt Delay. It's a dog puppet show which has it's like a little wiener dog, you know, and the pretzels, and we have story time, and we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna do.
Speaker 3: Things about the German for German story time, the story about the Little Doxy, and then we'll have music and story time together and all the children will be able to participate.
Speaker 1: In all of that.
Speaker 3: And then we're going to close out again with a Puppets, the same puppet show. So if you've missed it the first time and weren't able to come, you can see it twice or come later in the evening.
Speaker 2: Now I see, we have a lot of other things going on, all kind of at the same time, bouncy houses and all that.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, we have all kinds of things. We have the Leprechaun.
Speaker 3: We have cookie decorating. We have the pretzel necklace that they can make and string and if they can eat it if they want.
Speaker 1: It, or they can take it with jewelry.
Speaker 3: Oh I know.
Speaker 1: We have the sholty bags.
Speaker 3: And we also have storytelling, the pumpkin.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do something new.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do painting pumpanyes nice. And then at the end we're going to well not at the end, but during the day we're going to have root beer pong and you can get a root beer if you ring one, and then we're gonna have root beer floats.
Speaker 4: Oh, so kind of the difference is, you know, we always have a traditional beer garden tent, but this year we have that for the adults.
Speaker 1: But then we also have a root.
Speaker 4: Beer Garden tent and so I can't come out and you can play a non finding game while you're sipping on either root beer floats or just sipping on a root beer. And then because it's become a family favorite to have these contests, we will have the beer root beer pond set up in the tent and then there are prizes and they get to take a mug home, and so yeah, it should be fun. We also have a sausage toss, so not real sausages, but fake little brats that they can toss and win a prize. So yeah, I mean, if there's so much to do, and then what we've added going to back what Rose was saying is the Cerk Do Wiener Dog puppet show. But then in between the shows, we also have story times with over five books that will be read, and then at each series where you attend the book reading and there may be more than one.
Speaker 1: Story read at each session.
Speaker 4: They'll also get a little prize or a present that reflects kind of the memory and the.
Speaker 1: Theme of that book.
Speaker 4: So again free to all families for children eighteen and under. Ten dollars per adult tickets, so not too bad.
Speaker 1: Cheaper.
Speaker 4: Then go into a movie, and then let's talk about the adult stuff.
Speaker 1: We do have beer and wine vendors come.
Speaker 4: We have Cooper and Middle Scissor Tail and palace rooms. We should have at least one or two other beer venders. David on our board is helping us work on those, and so we'll announce those next time we're here. Food, of course, everyone comes for the food. We have nothing but cakes. Coming to have the little mini fall bunk cakes that will be delicious. My denim skirt is bringing her freeze dried candy get toasted.
Speaker 1: I am very excited about them.
Speaker 4: So they do kind of a twist on French toasts, and they have savory French toasts and then they have the sweet French toast, so like you can like chicken and waffles, but it's like chicken and French toasts. And so there are many other flavors. You need to go on Facebook and check these guys out.
Speaker 1: It's really cool.
Speaker 4: Palace Rooms is going to do their amazing pretzels. They were so popular last year. I can't wait to have one with a small glass of wine. And then also they're going to do pizza, which of course you know they're very good at doing their pizza. Yeah, from Lollipops. And then Prices Meat Mark it is going to come do all the traditional brat, sauerkraut, German potato salad, and then we'll have apple strudle, we'll have beer ocks and then Price oh see that was Prices meat Market.
Speaker 1: And then Jack's Barbecue is also coming.
Speaker 4: So if you're not into the German food, which I can't relate to, but if you're not into that, then come out and get some really good, old fashioned Oklahoma barbecue by Jack's Barbecue. So there should be something for everyone. We're trying to twist Melody also into coming. She may have a wedding, but hopefully Melody here she is, but hopefully she'll be coming out and bringing us some wonderful food too, So we're going to keep working on her.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 4: We have some vendors, and it seems like always about this time of year, the vendors pick up, so I'm sure we'll.
Speaker 1: Continue adding them.
Speaker 4: But you know, if you like to do a little bit of shopping, okay, and we'll have their traditional OKM shop with all of the fun hats and beads and Octoberfest memorabilia. We also have Renewal by Anderson leave Guard of Oklahoma, and Alverat is one of our favorite vendors who comes to Chris Kendall and comes talk.
Speaker 1: To her with us.
Speaker 4: She has all the bath bombs and she has all the shower steamers and amazing body.
Speaker 1: Products, so you definitely have to come out for that. And then traditionally we also have some children's.
Speaker 4: Book that are sold in some other children's items, and then we'll see if some of our other fun vendors returned to us from last year.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Come out, shop, have fun, drink some wonderful Brood Beer in Oklahoma by Cooper and Milligan Scissortail, have some wine from Palace Rooms, and then dine on all of the amazing.
Speaker 1: Food and you have some killer entertainers we do. We're very excited.
Speaker 4: So if you love to do the chicken dance, please come join the Goss the German American Society of Tulsa Dancers. They'll help us kick everything off with live music by Mak Schnell Blaska Pella and then everyone of course loves King Cabbage and they are returning as our headliner. So it is going to be a series of good food, good drink, lots of community spirit and amazing music.
Speaker 1: And then the kids stuff is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Roch, you're going to have your hands full over there with the root Beer Garden.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, but it's exciting because that is something new that we're incorporating issue and of something different. But we want all ages of the children to come out, not just you know, the older ones, we want the younger ones too.
Speaker 1: And well, this is how.
Speaker 2: You build a fine family tredition. It goes generational and you guys are doing it right.
Speaker 1: And I did want to give a shout out to John Nettles with Rivo. He is amazing.
Speaker 4: He helps us sponsor all of our kids events and again he's a major sponsor for Octoberfest for our children's.
Speaker 1: Helping with the root Beer tent and.
Speaker 4: Helping with all the games, and we are just eternally grateful to him. He's just an amazing community. The member, he's an amazing person. If you need financial investment planning.
Speaker 1: Go Siegeohn. He's awesome.
Speaker 4: But we just love the fact that he wants to partner with us and that he wants to do all these amazing things for kids. So of course we want to give him a shout out and say thank you so much to Rebo for doing this again for us and helping make october Fest available to our kids for free.
Speaker 3: One other thing, please please parents go online and register your children so that we can have an r s v P so we can kind of plan and that we do because you know, even in since we're going to have a Peppa show in Handler Hall, it is limited to seating and we're going to put the children up front of course, so he can interact with them. They are the Messinger Peppets Marionette Peppets from Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so this is going to be great.
Speaker 4: So they can go to Okay Music dot org and go online. You'll see where the ticket sales are and then they'll see where there's about thirty different little venues where they can check the box to register their kids. And so even though it's free, it is going to be on first come, first serve as far as you signed up first to get the reserve spot. So we definitely say, you know, please go ahead and reserve your spot, but if you don't get to come, please let us know that you're not coming so that we can make sure that we give that spot to another child who does want to come. But okayammusic dot org. They can come buy the office and see Rose and get their tickets or see me. We're at four fifteen South Dewey. They can call us at nineteen eight thirty three six ninety eight hundred and we will happily sell them tickets over the phone for the adults and again reserve the spots for the kids.
Speaker 2: You know, people keep asking the said how these folks were ok and they got all this energy. I said, well, you know, if you believe in something, you're going to just be. It's not even work because it's just the labor of love.
Speaker 4: A world without music would be very sad. You know, we are here to bring music, education, music entertainment and promoter artist.
Speaker 1: That is what we do. And you know it does make a difference.
Speaker 4: I mean you look at just Sell who's interning for US stops and she's kind.
Speaker 1: I mean, she.
Speaker 4: Performs for us, and so we're in you know, we enable her to get to meet musicians and network and do all of those things. But at the same time, she's gaining other skills, you know, learning how to do web design, learning how to do marketing. She's been going out with Dad the past three weeks in person, just trying to help do development, do business development.
Speaker 1: So she's acquiring that skill.
Speaker 4: So I mean, it really does help and imagine the things that she can put on her resume, and and we hope that you know, both she and Mia and Malan all had a really good time interning. They said they did, and they said they learned a lot of new skills.
Speaker 1: So not only for the little.
Speaker 4: Kids who you can introduce the music to and educate and sort of try to tell teachers and parents the benefits of classical music, but.
Speaker 1: It also for our older kids.
Speaker 4: The volunteer opportunities, the internships, the scholarships that we give away.
Speaker 1: I think it does make a difference.
Speaker 4: And so Rose and I both are very enthusiastic about what we do, and we want to make a difference and hopefully spread some of this musical magic to all the citizens of Martlesville.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking a little bit of a magic. You guys do scholarships too, yes, and that's something that we never seem to talk about it though, but you know, at different times of the year we have the eligibility and the application process, but right there on the website can tell you all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have three scholarships that we give away every year.
Speaker 4: We have the mem Scholarship, which is for children, well students i should say, going on to pursue a college education with a music degree at least a minor. And then our other two scholarships are the Thomas Ain Chapel and the John Mallett Scholarship, and those are for children broken down into two age groups, but basically from four three eighteen who are pursuing music education throughout their schooling years primary schooling years. And so those applications are due right now, so people should get online and apply for those. We have had some amazing applications come in and we'll be announcing the winners of those very soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were getting close.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Each of those are one thousand dollars, so it does help.
Speaker 3: I'm just excited about it's almost here. We're just two months out, a little over, not quite two months, and the fun begins. So I just I love the children. I love to seem I saw one of the children. I've worked another little fundraiser this over the weekend, and he came up and gave me a hug, and he said, Oh, what's coming next?
Speaker 1: What's coming next?
Speaker 4: That I do?
Speaker 1: You know? It's just so rewarding.
Speaker 2: Yes, And if you want to find out more about October Fest, go to the website.
Speaker 1: Website is Okay Music dot org.
Speaker 2: Alrighty,