Speaker 1: Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio. I can't believe it's June sixth, Friday. Thank god it's Friday, beautiful day outside. The rain's gonna hold off. I'm gonna have a tremendous event on Monday. There is a God. That's all that I know. But welcome back to Eves Sports Radio. Phone numbers five zero, two, five seven, one, seventy nine hundred. This is Sports Talk seven ninety wkr D. We have got Rick behind the glass. Shannon, of course, is doing a remote with Matt Jones somewhere throughout the state, so Shannon stays busy.
Speaker 2: So Rick, welcome back. Great, good to be here.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, of course. You know you've got our cast of characters. I'm not gonna say anything Rick, who they are. I'll just introduce them on the Young Fella first. Anthony Eves, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you? Anthony?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I don't hear no, I hear you now, Yes, something happened, Yes, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to I'm analyzing how you just gave us our intro cast of characters. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Speaker 1: It all depends. See, it just depends on where your mind goes. Your mind went to a bad place, not my faults.
Speaker 2: What he thinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, it all depends, Anthony, you fell into trap.
Speaker 2: Let's just see what. Let's just see what.
Speaker 1: George Williams, mister mature, George, you've been around a long time. George, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh? God, slick right out right off the beginning. That's why.
Speaker 6: I thought we not go by a name.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, character slick, Slick is my name, George.
Speaker 1: I know I do have people say that and Kroger's in different stores Slick, I said, I know, I know.
Speaker 6: It's okay, George, what Hall Hall of Famer really gave you that name?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: You know? I mean so like should be on your birthatipicate. I think, well, now.
Speaker 3: That ain't the name you like?
Speaker 6: The college and the name he really likes it.
Speaker 3: On the radio.
Speaker 1: You can't hit on the radio. No, not the four letter words. I answered to everything when it came to Coach Beard all absolutely everything. I knew who he was talking to, just like Anthony when I said cast the characters who I was talking to. I called Antney. I got Anthony though, George, I did get it. So hey, guys, listen to me. We've been watching basketball all our lives, playing it, watching it, enjoying it. These Pacers, I'm still picking Okac. I'm staying with my prediction, George. But you must give coach Carlisle, Tyre's Halliburton and that nim hart Obi topping the entire team. It must give them credit, George. They stayed the course till the end, no matter what, and they hit more big shots down the stretch as any team I've ever seen. They hit more threes, George. They banked them in. Come on, George, big boy bank them in. It's like, you know what, when it's going right, it's going right. But I'm staying with OKAC. So I'm gonna throw it to Anthony first.
Speaker 2: Annie. You changing your prediction. Do you like the Pacers or you staying with Okac?
Speaker 4: I know a game one turn of events, I still still want to stay with OKAC. I just think overall, in the seven game series, I think they might get the best of the Pacers.
Speaker 5: But I will say this much, I will change my opinion about one thing. It's not gonna be a walk in the park like everybody thought it was, even like how I thought it was, And I wouldn't say necessarily a walk in the park.
Speaker 4: I thought the games would be a lot more difficult for the Pacers.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Obviously, they were down fifteen and the fourth last night, so I'm sitting here.
Speaker 4: Like it wasn't difficult.
Speaker 5: It's a difficult game for the Pacers for them to come back in amount that win on the road in game one of the finals that they haven't been to in over two decades, so it was a difficult.
Speaker 4: Win at all.
Speaker 5: But this Pacers team is very resilient, and I think we've seen that throughout the last couple of playoff series. We didn't see it this much in the regular season. It wasn't as glorified as much, but in the playoffs they.
Speaker 4: Had shown to be probably the most resilient team in the NBA right now. So it makes it very difficult for teams because they.
Speaker 5: Don't give up and they keep a very level, consistent head to where they fight back, and they walked teams down in the third and fourth quarter and they beat them down the stretch. They've done it multiple times, so this could easily I think easily.
Speaker 4: Go to a six to seven game series.
Speaker 1: There you go, George, I just want to know what did Miles Turner called the bank? Did he call the bank? You know, George, we've been playing all our lives. Did he call the bank on the three? Because if he didn't call the bank, it doesn't count.
Speaker 6: I think. I think you're a looking Hughes. You're talking about Newburgh basketball when he was in the park. This is real basketball right here, you know what I mean, George. Yeah, And for you who grew up with a coaster when he first came here, that that was his his pet peek fifteen foot bank shot.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Coach Crumb all right. So I don't know why you shouted about.
Speaker 6: That bank shot.
Speaker 2: I don't know the bank.
Speaker 1: Miles Turner did not call the bank on the step back three, George.
Speaker 6: That that has had nothing to do with what he practices, had nothing to do with he practiced, And you didn't have him miked up, so if he called it, you.
Speaker 3: Couldn't hear him.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked you, George.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to know, because if he did, George, you were Anthony.
Speaker 2: You're too young, George knows old people know Anthony.
Speaker 1: When you bank come in in the old days, you had to call the bank or it didn't count.
Speaker 4: George, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know what neighborhood you came out of, now dreed what we counted going in, Well, we kind of going in. We didn't. We didn't wear a basket with the bank or what it was that sucker went in. It was good.
Speaker 1: We didn't take that it was good last night.
Speaker 6: And you, I mean you look at you, Jared, and I heard that and say something. But I thought in the Isle was a team that was hiding and playing view that nobody wanted to give respect. Anybody kept saying that they can't keep up the pace that they're doing. That back kept saying that Halliburton is not as good as he is, and they just kept showing you we beat the best of the best, and they beat anything in the East all year long, and and these comeback games. They've been doing this all series long. You know, I mean, Halliburton doesne hit five game winners. So if we can't say that this is something that we don't think that Inn Downa should do, and that I've said when I and I didn't get to talk to you on the show. But my my thing, and people was asking me, I said, whatever point guard has the best game will win the game. And what they boil down to last night, your boy hit the game winner, you know, I mean, I think these are some exciting point guard. These are both some exciting teams. I think this is gonna be one of the more exciting finals that we have with both team keep playing like they have been playing up to now.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, No, guys, it's a series now and it's definitely watchable.
Speaker 2: And the Pacers church.
Speaker 1: They walk people down, they walk teams down now, Coach Perritt yesterday, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 6: This is the one thing that I always hear people talk about, Well, you know, in time watchable, they're not star team. But Lebron James wasn't a start to again in his first playoff. Michael Jordan wasn't a star to again. You're gonna have new stars. It's gonna recycle the stars, so you gotta get ready to crush that. The same people can't play in every series, and it's gonna be so I'm ready for change, new players to take over the NBA.
Speaker 1: George, I'm ready for the change. You never heard me say, hey, Sga is a superstar. I'm ready for a change. People didn't want to give Halliburton complete credit. But I'm so ready for a change. Never heard that from me. I'm tired of the old school.
Speaker 6: You know, if you look at the biggest shows on ESPN and stuff, they are kind of full the station.
Speaker 3: They kind of do that.
Speaker 6: You know me, well, you know they think Lebron would play forever and then they want to retime when.
Speaker 3: You don't play right.
Speaker 1: Has to be the Yankees and the Dodgers, you know, George. They didn't want to see the Astros, and you know that's just people. I want to see the better teams. And OKAC in Indiana has they have the best young teams.
Speaker 3: In the league.
Speaker 2: They're going to be vulnerable for a long time. I'm ready. I'm so ready.
Speaker 6: So you know what, for you, I got one thing I want to jef, because you know, what we're not doing is giving these coaches credit for making adjustments, doing the game and getting their players to play like they play. I mean, I thought it was some outstanding coaching as well as I thought how my man substituted is players? Uh call out for Carl out did you know, some of the starts out early so they could be rested up, so the okay sees depth and the bench couldn't overtake us. I thought it was some very intellectual moves being made by those coaches last night.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, but both teams have benches, George, both tea, I know, but have true benches. That's the deal. And you gave of course. Okay, see when eleven deep the Pacers ten deep, and they got two players injured, George, they're playing Brian. They went ten deep with two players injured. So both teams are doing what most don't. They're playing multiple players. Both teams play crazy amount of players. So here's the deal. You're nine forty two in the game, in the fourth quarter and you're up ninety four to seventy nine. Everyone believes that OKAC is going to put the stranglehold on the Pacers and finish this thing plus twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, and so did I, So did I. From that point on, the Pacers outscore okay see thirty one to sixty in nine minutes. Thirty one points in nine minutes. So I'm asking you all throw it back to you. Anthony, did Okay See believe it was over and stopped playing, And the same thing that happened to the Knicks and the Bucks happened to them. The Pacers just continue to stay after you, stay after you stay after.
Speaker 2: You Or did the Pacers just play well? Anthony? Which one? Was it a letdown? Or should we give the Pacers credit it?
Speaker 4: I mean it could easily play a favor of both sides.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 5: That's tough to say because I think I don't think Okay Scene is necessarily let off the gas. I think the Indiana Pacers just have that factor to him that they've done on a lot of people. They've done to the Knicks, They've done to Okay See. You know, we've seen him do it to the Boston Celtics. It's I'm like, I feel like I've been the guy that's been very critical the Pacers lately, and I feel like sometimes I don't give them enough credit as what they're doing for. And I think this is one of those things of where that they have come out there and they have proved people that they can play in competitive games. They have that resilience factor and they have that ins factor, and I find it across the board. The Pacers are a hard team to consistently stop scoring because or they're evenly distributed scoring across the board. It's not necessarily that you cut off one superstar or their team doesn't function. The team can still run other offense. They can still score without Holiberg in the game. They do it a good job with nim Hard and McConnell. We've even seen Nie Smith come down and do it a couple of times, will come down and run the offense.
Speaker 4: And other teams do that as well too.
Speaker 5: But I still think if you take Sga out the game for Oka, see it's a little bit different looking than if you take Halliburton out for the Pacers. I think that's one of the big difference makers in this series.
Speaker 1: Great point, great point. That's a great segment. So George, I'm throwing it to you. Were you disappointed in Okac's defense the last nine minutes game of thirty one points? Or is Anthony correct the Pacers We're not even talking about the MVP of the East, the Larry Bird Award winner Pascal Siakam, who had nineteen points, But we're not even talking about him because.
Speaker 2: The Pacers are such a level deep team. Which one was it?
Speaker 6: George, Well, there, if you look at in down all year, they've been a solid team all year long. They've been in open view, beating all the best teams in the East. We didn't want to give them credit for beating Boston, beating New York. I mean, they've been doing what they've been doing all year long. But what we are so hung up on. We talk about the teams that we really like and not looking at the teams that are really coming on. So, you know, I think that they've been, in playing view, doing what they're doing right now to everybody in their league. But because of the media and how we like certain players and certain teams, we gravitate to those teams. And I think that's what happened, and in playing view, they just came through and did what they do. They've been a solid team all year. I think we didn't give them enough credit and they've proven us wrong right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, they are proving everyone wrong.
Speaker 6: There's no questions and answer questions. I'm sorry, but I thought that they did what great teams do. Jet they fought to the game was over, Like you said, the game isn't over, And I'm in times of coaches sayers, and people think it just coaches how play to the game is over till you hear the Fama buther. They played to the Fama buther, and the Fama buther, they was walking away with a victory.
Speaker 1: I wonder, guys, Anthony knows better than I about the gambling piece, George, and I don't know anything about the gambling piece, Anthony. But money the largest favorite, exactly, Pacer fans won some money. Okay See was the largest favorite going into the playoffs and over twenty five years, Anthony, I told your uncle, my brother, okay See an easy win. I did, He says, I believe Indiana is just gonna make enough shots. I'm like, no way, okay See will guard them. Well, Guys, before we go to our first break, we're gonna start talking about what truly happened in the game. One thing that happened is this forty seven point six, forty six point two, seventy one point four. The Pacer shot forty eight percent from the two, forty six percent from the three, and seventy one percent from the free throw line. George, they made shots. They're the best shooting team in the league. In the playoffs. I'm not saying the league. I haven't gone all the way back to eighty two. But in the playoffs, George, they made shots that nineteen turnovers, George Williams, I'm throwing it to you first, that nineteen turnovers. That's a record in the first half of a finals game ever and one. I mean, there's so many things, George, that are abnormal. Nineteen What do you think, man, come on nineteen?
Speaker 2: What? What? What?
Speaker 6: We We watched them do that in the New York series, go down nineteen you know, we've seen it several times in this playoff with them, and watch them come back and beat the team at the end of the game. That's how they stole the game from New York. You think they would down what? Uh can I eleventh with nine seconds ago? Came back and won that game, Yes, in New York. So I mean, having a whole half the play a game shouldn't be that difficult for them if you can do it in nine seconds, you know. And so somebody else's building. So I think they built for what they do, Jaed, and they prepare itself to play to the of the game. And like I say, when you play to the end, of the game. You never know what happened.
Speaker 1: Guys, We're gonna go to break and I'm coming back with you. The Pacers are three and zero opening game. They're winning on everyone's home court. They're stealing a game we consider I consider say stealing. George may be correct. They're in playing view. They're beating opponents every time they see them. They go on the road, they're consistent, they get behind, they play from behind, and they win.
Speaker 2: Is E Sports Radio seven to twenty one. We got a lot of sports to get to.
Speaker 1: Of course, we got the super Region those Anton He's got all the national news we'll be talking about, and we're gonna stay with this game. There's so much to talk about. I'm still jealous, George Williams.
Speaker 2: You know this.
Speaker 1: The last time Anthony I was watching the Indiana Pacers closely, other than when I was playing in the league or coaching in the league, was when my Kentucky Colonels beat them in seventy five for the ABA Championship. George, I'm still man. I don't care what anyone says. Easworts Radio will be back after the break. Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. June sixth, twenty twenty five. Ladies and gentlemen, it's seven twenty five.
Speaker 2: Let's get to work. We've got to call the guys. We're gonna throw it to him. But George, if people do not know besketball, let's educate them really quickly.
Speaker 1: And Anthony, if the Pacers out rebound OKC fifty six to thirty nine, they're gonna win the NBA Championship, period, point blank. That's all there is to it. So we got a person for you, George and Anthony. I'm ready to be insulted again.
Speaker 2: Bring on Brandon to the.
Speaker 3: Show Man Radio.
Speaker 7: I'm great, a great man. Good morning, mister Eves and George. I want to I want to again really thank you for coming on the show and brightening up the writings in the day. And it is slow refreshing, George to hear a wealth of knowledge from you, and I really appreciate you coming on the air. And also good morning to.
Speaker 3: Jerry and I hope everybody's doing great today.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say something, George. You know I heard him complaining about the bank shop going in. Yes, you know what what it sounds like to me is you know he went to the car shop the other day, and he's got an ok SE license plate now on the front of his car, and and and what the what the problem is?
Speaker 3: George?
Speaker 7: Is I thankful the guy told him that he's wearing batteries out in his car because he's got like fifteen license plates like the James hit a button and the license plates rotate, George to whoever's winning. That's who he puts on the front of his car.
Speaker 6: You know, we call him double O.
Speaker 3: Double O. That's right, that's right. And I think, what of this.
Speaker 7: Jerry's getting frustrated buying new car batteries all the time to go in front of that car he is, and uh, he's a little up that because okay, see may get beat and uh, I think he's got a problem with that bank shot. Even though George and the stat line, does it still look like a Swiss from thirty feet when if it banks in or not?
Speaker 6: I think so blended, I think so I've never heard.
Speaker 7: That call the bank that well, that's my point. At the end of the day, it goes into set buck as a Swiss on the George, yes, sir, yes, sir. That well, that's what I was thinking, because see that tells me that's a sord grape gambler there.
Speaker 3: That Jerry's you know, acting like he don't gamble or nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 7: He's he's upset, George because that licen place, He's going to burn up a battery.
Speaker 3: So that's the whole end of his deal, you know.
Speaker 6: And he just costs his brother some money trying to give him some advice on out the bet his brother and now out about thousand dollars because he talks Jay knew what he were talking about.
Speaker 7: Well, if anybody's ever listened to this show, George, you know, getting well the bet opposite of what he says.
Speaker 6: You know that that's well, his brother won some money last night. He knows that too. I'm sorry, brother, wasn't somebody last night? Thanks brother, He's like gonna buy you.
Speaker 7: Up at the end of the day, Jerry, Hey, guys, I wanted to ask you all something and all honesty here.
Speaker 3: Isn't it a shame that we don't have an NBA team here in Louisville? You know, you look, you just look at the.
Speaker 7: Pregame up there in Indiana, the excitement that generated in that town up there, and you know.
Speaker 3: We we could have had that here. We really could have. And it's a shame.
Speaker 7: It's a real shame that our city missed out on that because I don't care what anybody says. This area would have supported that because they're basketball crazy and it would have gone over. But can you imagine if Louisville would have a team right now in that championship?
Speaker 3: How good that be?
Speaker 6: Blended? Think about this? Think about this. Think about how many UK ballplayers are now in the league. You know, a back that Louisville couldn't have supported. They how many fans would have came from UK Tennessee. I mean, I mean just think where we had. If you couldn't get a ticket in uh in Annapolis, you can come to Louisville. You couldn't get a ticket in Memphis.
Speaker 3: You come to Louisville.
Speaker 6: You could get a ticket in Cleveland. You could come to Louisville. I mean, it's had so many attributes to make so much money for the city. It's I'm real, blending, you are so right.
Speaker 7: Well, the thing the thing to me that's so the thing to mean, you guys, that's so criminal is all these little businesses that that are are that are tied into the young center with that teriff or whatever that tax thing deal.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is. When they make revenue, Yah.
Speaker 2: They're called TIFFs, blending, they're called tis.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what they're called that. You don't have to get smart with me. You're just still mad because of that life and plate. I know how you operate.
Speaker 3: But but but.
Speaker 7: But the thing is, you, guys, on a serious note here, we lost out on something that can never be replaced now and it's really criminal because of the.
Speaker 3: Money it would have generated and just the excitement for the city. I mean, it would have.
Speaker 7: Brought downtown, would have been hopping last night if we'd had a game.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, honestly, George and little young Anthony, guys. People do not want to admit nor speak about around here what the leadership did. They don't And if you don't talk about it, it can repeat itself. Well, it happened in seventy five, then it repeated itself again in the two thousands. We better talk about it so that if we ever get another shot. Community, don't listen to your selfish leaders that are lining their pockets and not yours, period, point blank. George, is criminal that we do not have a professional basketball team in this city.
Speaker 6: And Jared, what makes it even more criminal. We were one of the top teams in the league when voted yes, trying to find ourselves. We were one of the best teams in the league when it folded exactly.
Speaker 1: Don't forget it was an exhibition game, I know, but the Colonels beat Butcher's Golden State team. Though Butch was gone, he was with the Knicks then he had been traded. But the bottom line, we should community listen to why we're telling you this, Jerry, because ten to fifteen years from now to second George, ten fifteen years from now, we may get another opportunity. Youm Center's not gonna be brand new, squeaky clean and one of the best in the country, but we may get another opportunity. The NBA is talking about expansion. We know Las Vegas, George, and Seattle. That's where the next two teams are going. But team three, we better start lining ourselves up to get it and not listen to these awful leaders George.
Speaker 2: Awful leadership. Go ahead, George, I'm sorry, awful leadership, like.
Speaker 6: You say, Jerry, And think about that rivalry between and Down and Kentucky Jay at that time, how big it was? I mean all to say to Kentucky, would it came for that game last night when it was the Colonels. It wasn't like U of l UK. Everybody supported the Colonels, you know, And that would have been I would have been so And we're not talking about other people coming to the game that night, just a here in the city that Rivey would have been off the charge last night, like you said, blended off the charge. The city would have been sold out.
Speaker 7: Well, and you and you know something else, George and Jerry and Anthony. There's revenue there that we lost out on that can.
Speaker 3: Never be replaced. Come on, man, and it and it's in the billions.
Speaker 7: And if you think I'm making that number up, the only thing you gotta do is is look into the Oklahoma City Chamber of Converse at their revenue stream and they'll show you the money that that team has generated since they've been there.
Speaker 6: Well, I given another building blended. Think about San Antonio another?
Speaker 3: Well, how about Memphis, George, Look at Memphis. They're no bigger than us.
Speaker 2: Guys, never won it for what it? Yes of them?
Speaker 7: Four of them guys, Hey, George, I wonder.
Speaker 1: If the Pacers Denver and San Antonio were the fourteens and we had won we the Colonels won it in seventy five and did not go first.
Speaker 2: Mistaken.
Speaker 6: That was John Brown's Blendings trying to talk to me. Could you hold up a minute.
Speaker 1: No, No has already called me. I can't even get called my dad's name.
Speaker 7: George, No, No, And real quick and closing, George, I'd like to tell you about about Jerry.
Speaker 3: One last thing.
Speaker 7: You remember when the pope got we had a new pope, and they had the white smoke coming out.
Speaker 3: Of the chimney over there.
Speaker 7: Yes, look well you know, you know, and out in Prospect they see white smoke coming out of Jerry's chimney when he's burning license plates.
Speaker 3: A king he used to lie.
Speaker 7: And all the neighbors are out walking there, little all the neighbors are walking their little dogs out there, and they see the white smoke coming out of there all the time because he's burning the Cincinnati Reds and the Cubs and and uh okay, okay, see license plates. And I hope you'll have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Blessing all was a pleasure.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not a pleasure, Anthony.
Speaker 6: Wisdom.
Speaker 2: No, Anthony, what did you do to that man? Seriously?
Speaker 3: And I didn't do it?
Speaker 4: No, No, don't blame me. Don't blame me. I have nothing to do with that.
Speaker 1: Blended is gone. He's a bruin and he's gone crazy, and everyone knows. Ladies say, you do not know if you bank it in in street ball, oh, you better call the bank or it does not count. The bank shot does not count. You can't shoot it and accidentally skip it off the backboard in and consider it good if you don't call the bank.
Speaker 2: George.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think that was a I think that has a clock, George around the country.
Speaker 1: George, you had to you had to call the bank anyway, Guys, seven thirty four. You know it though, George, Anthony, this incredible stats. The Pacers maul them on the board, fifty six rebounds to thirty nine. The Pacers have twenty four assists to d four turnovers. George, so they negated every turnover with an assist. Okay, so he's got thirteen to six systs to six turnovers. The game doesn't make sense other than the Pacers find a way to win and we wanted to give him credit for that.
Speaker 6: What ja I think you just said it. You know, the turnover was even. But when you when you have rebounded team and the score dictated, when you have rebounded team like they did, that's why they made the difference up. That's how they would make a way to get to come back, so they dominate the I heard Bill Russell say almost for every rebound, you should give a guy at least one point. And you're talking about.
Speaker 1: What it ends team's possessions, George, multiple shots. If you all remember the Knicks almost beat the Pacers because they were rebounding the ball offensively like crazy, not last night.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So when we come back, George, Anthony you got the national Nope, we're not going Anthony. You're got the national news hit us or we'll never get to it.
Speaker 2: What do we have today? What is going on?
Speaker 5: We got, we got, We got everything that you could possibly ask for. Obviously, we already got into the Pacers upset of the thunder last night. Even in getting into the woman's softball side. Juxas Tech did tie the series last night, and its sex is four to three, so they'll be forcing his game three for the Woman's College World Series tonight as well. We got a lot of baseball going on us is a lot of baseball, basketball and hockey time, obviously even in the high school segment.
Speaker 4: Because I still won't forget about them, we still have to throw.
Speaker 5: It in there.
Speaker 4: Trinity did beat me counting twelve to two yesterday, so they'll move on to the next round.
Speaker 3: Pr PLEA.
Speaker 1: Hold a band. They got up t and George, they had to stop the game. Trinity, the dark side was getting ready to beat them twenty runs.
Speaker 3: They got a mercy.
Speaker 2: Rule, George, they got a mercy.
Speaker 6: I'm a it's using on that sideline. Get beat like it getting me out of the.
Speaker 1: No, George, you know it's not true. You have to take the good in the bad. They shouldn't have that rule. You should have to play the entire game. George, I don't care. You have to get better. Darryl Griffiths was light years better than I was. George, you just have to keep trying. I don't like those kettle rules, but keep it going. Ay, I don't get to make the rules, George.
Speaker 6: I notice.
Speaker 1: Ay, But George, you know that we've talked about a trophy for every kid mercy, George, the.
Speaker 6: Game is supposed to be fourth quarters.
Speaker 2: It's four quarters back.
Speaker 6: I hate to cut that now, but back up, Jesse. You just sitting me a thing last night with the NCAA is trying to raise it up. Seventy six seventy age sixty nine day. That's not a participation trophy. I wanted to cut it down. I want you to have to earn to get to the NCAA Championship. You're gonna raise it up so more teams can get in. Participation trophy. Jerry, if you four, you don't need to get in.
Speaker 2: George anthy idea. That is so TRYE sent you on a clip.
Speaker 1: The NCAA is thinking about raising the teams and the men's basketball just like football. George, point will take it soon. Every team will be in. Let's just stop saying tournament. Let's just say end of the season, round robin. Because you're right, George, it is turning into a participation trophy. Everybody will I agree, Hi, George, I ston't agree.
Speaker 2: Continue Anthony with the National News.
Speaker 5: No, of course, and obviously PRP does play Corbyn to night at six pm for their first round game as well, so face PRP and then obviously we do have our super reguils.
Speaker 1: Yes, so the PRP upset Trinity last year, so PRP can get it done. So let's watch. I'm pulling for PRP. Everybody knows I'm a public school guy. I'm sorry Trinity saying Xavier, I love you, but I'm a public school guy and I'm staying there. So George, my license plate is not flippy. I'm going for PRP. Second upset, back to back here, I know.
Speaker 6: A young man on PIP. I have to go on them.
Speaker 3: Also, Jay, there you go, there you go?
Speaker 1: All right, any let's move into the super regionals. Hey, George, where's Kentucky in the super regions?
Speaker 6: George, we're building a new stadium, Jared, We'll be back next year.
Speaker 3: We gotta go homework, you.
Speaker 1: Maye, George, Let's give but let's give man the only credit he's been series he's been to the super region I mean Kentucky's last three years.
Speaker 2: You got to give him credit. You have to give him credit, just like I've gave George.
Speaker 1: You were with me, but I said that'd been after Dann McDonald and on Tuesday and Wednesday, I gave him credit. His team's in the super Regional and has a chance George defeat Miami.
Speaker 2: Advance today an advance, so you.
Speaker 6: Have to George.
Speaker 2: But they're at home against Miami.
Speaker 1: No one thought that they'd have a Super Region in Louisville when this thing started.
Speaker 2: No one.
Speaker 1: So I mean they got a legitimate chance. I'm sure the place will be a sellout, So go ahead and he finishes up.
Speaker 2: National news.
Speaker 4: Obviously we got that going on.
Speaker 5: So we do have their first round of the Super Regional that they played tonight.
Speaker 4: They played a day, they.
Speaker 5: Played Miami at three o'clock office out of Jim Patterson Stadium, as well a couple other things we do have on there. The Panthers and the Oilers do play the night at eight for their game too.
Speaker 4: The Oilers are up one to zero in that series for the Stanley Cup title.
Speaker 5: Then also the Woman's French Open Championship will be featuring Cocoa cal An Area's areas of Blink in the Night as well, so they were playing. They played earlier on the day because they're playing in a different country, so the time is a little bit different, so they'll be playing probably in a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Blinka gets her George, I think so Blinka gets her, but I pulit for Coco without a doubt.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 5: And obviously, my and my dad's favorite quarterback signed to the Steelers yesterday. Aaron I had to throw it out there. He's a he's a huge fan.
Speaker 1: No, he's not going to the Cowboys. I'm sorry, guys. He is one of the top three quarterback four No. Five of all time.
Speaker 6: He's a Super Bowl hand your dad got about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that? George?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: George? What did you say?
Speaker 6: What did you say? You got about a pro football team? You know what you got Cincinnata, You've got New England. I don't know who you got.
Speaker 2: I'll take my Browns back before I take I can't.
Speaker 1: But the only thing I'm saying we're going about Aaron Rodgers is, guys, father time is undisputed. Ask Ali, Ask everyone who's tried to do it. Ask Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Father Time's undisputed, everyweight champion.
Speaker 6: That's all I'm saying. I back, you got back up, back up? Okay, you said I know five the time done, lady, and back get back. But if Lebron's doing the them young boys with Lebron doing them your boys, some of them should retire, all right.
Speaker 2: George, you can keep Lebron, you can have him.
Speaker 3: All you want.
Speaker 6: I understand it. But Jeff, you can have him all you want. You got eight old superstars and this guy's coming in and average still forty. I mean twenty one is a game, and then almost tend to sist.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, George, that one more time. I can't stand it.
Speaker 1: He flopped one more time, George, I'm gonna put him on all clown team if he flops one more time, fakes getting hit, George, I'm gonna put him on all clown teams.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, George, you're a boy and.
Speaker 6: The JA you're talking about young boys that cannot outscore on Lebron James out hold him. Come on now, man, old.
Speaker 2: Answer my question and you play.
Speaker 1: You played when you well, you were there probably when Rick Wilson hit me in the George Crawford, Jim Green Layers don't flop, George.
Speaker 2: Great players don't flop. You know that.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, Hey, hey, Ja, you you do what it takes the score?
Speaker 2: Were you going to call that?
Speaker 1: Sports Radio seven forty two, Rick, you gotta run two segments. We'll be back after the breaks. Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: June the sixth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's Friday. Thank god it's Friday. We got another caller, but we got to get some news out of the way. George and Anthony. Simmons College Golf Outing is Monday the ninth. George, we are doing the show. Anthony. We're gonna do the show Monday morning. We're gonna play best of on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I'll beat it.
Speaker 1: We'll all be tired, George. We're all gonna be at the tournament, so we'll be on Monday morning. Simmons College Golf Outing starts at eleven. Of course, we've got great guests. As everyone knows. I've got to get out, George. I had Tony Dilk called in yesterday. He put out a challenge, George. He's got Kentucky. Sure did TD MVP of the championship. The Kentucky players are gonna play the Louisville players in a golf match at Big Springs on September fifteenth. And we have Dami in Lee's golf outing in July at the Cardinal Club that we'll be announcing, so three golf classics, all trying to raise money for great causes. Now, don't forget. We have got the Belmont tomorrow. George, You've got sovereignty and journalism locked up again. So everybody be watching that on Saturday. And now we're gonna throw it to Johnny. Johnny, welcome to you, Jared. How are you doing, Johnny?
Speaker 8: Hey, I'm great in yourself.
Speaker 1: Hey, Johnny, I'm dealing with George, Anthony and Bland and so you know how I'm doing today?
Speaker 3: Oh, I know that's hard.
Speaker 8: That's hard news right there. Hey, I was listening yesterday and you're talking about Timbodeau and you say, you know, he got him fired. I think the Pacers might get another coach fired. I think the Pacers are the one getting the coaches fired. Okay, see, losing this therething might.
Speaker 2: Get rid of that guy, you think, so, oh god the mule.
Speaker 3: Will that be something now?
Speaker 9: And you also mentioned, uh, you mentioned about Worldwide West being at uh at the next What if he gets his right hand man to come up there at count Part and they just loaded up with a bunch of Kentucky players.
Speaker 2: Well here we go again. Let me explain George.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we were talking about the Knicks, and I'm gonna ask you this, Worldwide West is a connector. Like I said, I've known him when he was sleeping on Milt Wagner's floor. I'm just being honest with you. Oh guys, that's where Way and Westley got started. Okay, with college and he had Nike and Phil Knight backing him. He had a lot of influence. All I'm asking you, other than a great trade that sent one Kentucky player to Mini Minnesota and brought a Kentucky player in Towns to the Knicks, we're all these great players that everybody said would want to play and work with Worldwide West. Guys, I'm just telling you. Everybody's got money in the NBA. There is no connection, There is no favorite anymore. Everyone's going, yeah, I'm George Williams said it.
Speaker 3: All that's a conspiracy theory exactly.
Speaker 2: But those days are over.
Speaker 1: Even if world Wide West left the Knicks, his influence in college is not the same. Everyone has money now, got me.
Speaker 2: He's not the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's what I meant when I was talking about Worldwide yesterday.
Speaker 6: Well, well, Jerry, I think you really on the ESSAMAC world Wide West hasn't been well in my opinion. Okay, you take a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in twenty five years. You look at all the different people helped to run that franchise. Them guys have come up in four or five years, they turned it back and they've made New York relevant again. I understand what you're talking about. Everybody's even with money, but the relevancy of what they put together up in New York is really something to be watched that I think. The only team that I think has been put together and done a great job like that is you got to say your OKAC team. You know what I mean? Because nobody wanted to go to New York had nobody and then in about four or five years, them young men have come up and made them relevant again. New York can team that we're all talking about right now.
Speaker 1: George, back to back fifty win seasons. I give them credit for that. Got me, But let me just give you the facts. Mike Woodson won fifty games with the Knicks and lost his job.
Speaker 3: Yes he did. I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't say that. I said world Wide West.
Speaker 2: There was no world Wide West there either.
Speaker 6: Mike fifty didn't even have back to back fifty game season leader jail. You you get this team where they haven't been in twenty five, you gotta give credit. When credit is done, you can't say, oh, well they didn't do this, but look what they put together. You know they haven't been.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give them back to back. I'm gonna give them back to back. I'll give them back to running for five years.
Speaker 6: So I give back to bat. But again, we got a hundred wins.
Speaker 2: So does Tippoteau have anything to do with that or No, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't say that. I was talking about world Wide West and give them credit. I did Sayeau, Okay, I say I didn't think he should allowed the job.
Speaker 2: The job, Oh what gotcha? So we'll give the we'll give the pay, We'll give the next organization a little credit.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm doing a little.
Speaker 1: But what I said yesterday, George so and Johnny knows we were talking about great players in the connection. Randall left the Knicks and went to Minnesota and car Anthony Towns came. Bridges came from New Jersey, had won New Jersey. Haven't been in the playoff in life Dallas Mavericks. Yes, the young fellow Jalen went a long way with the Mavericks so came together. Yes, they gave the Mavericks. Didn't think that he could help win take a team far. But the bottom line is, George, when you're talking about everyone said they were gonna get all the great Kentucky players, That's what I was talking about yesterday.
Speaker 2: I'm just naming you too, that's all. I'm saying. Them all running the Knicks.
Speaker 6: We know that can't be possible. Just the way the contracts were made up.
Speaker 1: They only had two, and we were talking about we were talking about world wide West and connection with Kentucky and what they would take when he got hired to the Knicks.
Speaker 2: Been two, that's all.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: So when you said about one of my rest.
Speaker 6: We get out of the credit can players we won, then we win the championship.
Speaker 2: There you go. I'm glad you said that, not me.
Speaker 3: Don't call me, I mean real j.
Speaker 6: Don't get me wrong, but you ain't gotten up. You ain't got enough players got you.
Speaker 1: So, Johnny, what do you think pacers get it done?
Speaker 4: I'm pulling for him.
Speaker 8: I'd like to see it We went to uh uh ay being a game. I guess it was seventy five. I was probably ten, and I don't remember much about it. I used to have a program from the ball game, and I don't know what happened to it over the years.
Speaker 4: But the place was packed.
Speaker 8: And we had a great time.
Speaker 4: I remember that.
Speaker 8: Uh this is a funny story, now.
Speaker 2: Any I've only got ten seconds. Hit it quick, ten seconds.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 8: I was at the Louisville Gardens and I saw the Louisville Shooters play. It was Milt Wagner, Jerome Harmon, and Barry Sumter.
Speaker 1: There you go, great call, Johnny, you have a great time. George, I'll see you Monday. Anthony, I'll see you Monday. Everybody show up at Big Spring. Eleven am is tea time. Talk to you all Monday.