Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to the Vampire Lestatt series episode six. Oh my god, oh my goodness. Yes, we're here at the penultimate Sorry for people like watching live, I did not go live, as I said before, I'm sorry with the layout of the schedule play. I would have loved to go one live too, because there's always great comments all on the videos and the reels.
Speaker 2: After the fact. I do plan on next week is a finale.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm gonna record that it'll be up, you know, as soon as possible. You're gonna do the finale, and then the next week if you have any interest or any questions. What I'm gonna do is, I'm going to do a interview with the Vampire slash List. Stop ranking. I'm gonna do like my top ten fair episodes, rank the seasons, some scenes, other stuff like that. I'll figure ou I'm gonna rank all the songs. Of course, do that too. What the fuck is going on? My camera?
Speaker 2: One second? Here? What is going visual fixed?
Speaker 1: There's no I like a weird light because usually what the fuck is going on? Because usually there's this enhanced skin appearance? He watched this, Oh, hang on, look, oh more beautiful.
Speaker 2: Right, Look all.
Speaker 1: The wrinkles are going everything, and then when I take it.
Speaker 2: Off, then I'm back to regular traps. Right.
Speaker 1: But that's what it looks like. I had this weird like thing going on right now. Don't know what's going on with stream Yard. Uh yeah, it's that's fucking odd. But what I'm gonna do is any questions and stuff, and that one I'll make sure to actually go live at like a regular time so people can join in, and we'll also to about the season. I'm gonna be covering it. It'll be more on Geek First Ball be covering They have a panel on the Friday of ComicCon July twenty fourth, so I'll be covering that. So I'm still doing lots of less thought and interview the vampire stuff for the next couple of weeks here, So yeah.
Speaker 2: Check out that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Sor, I just can't go lie because like Saturdays is just a tough time. I got things going on with the kids layer, so I just couldn't plan to go live last week when when I'm too late, I was feeling it.
Speaker 2: I was feeling because now I.
Speaker 1: Go to bed and like last night I went to bed night thirty. I'm getting old, but that's because I wake up at like four thirty five to go to the gym and stuff like that, because my life is so enough of the rambling before someone hits me the one star. I'm I'm hearing ou about those guys parsonal life and not Louis and as thought, Yes, there's lots to talk about, so I'm gonna get right into it. I appreciate if you like this video, I'll get it just a few plugs that way. If you like and subscribe, whether it's this video or the podcast feeds down below everything you need to know. Patreon, you can get this episode and everything we do add free you get depending on the tier you go too, get over exclusive sixty episodes that we do, a mixture of reviews, evergreen topics, behind the scenes, polls, a bunch of fun stuff, and then most importantly GV Days coming up August eighth, that's where we celebrate our annivers rate.
Speaker 2: It's our eleven year anniversary. We've got twelve events.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm gonna be doing some fun little stot stuff at some point in that stream you'll see, but yeah, it's to celebrate. You can help us fundraise for casts and whatnot to go towards next year. The more you donate or super chat, we will stay up last year, we say at four and a half hours longer, so I can't remember we did yeah, almost a fifteen hour stream or someone am I doing the math wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, that's about right now over fifteen whichever. It's a fun day tons of events. Everything else is down below, but August it.
Speaker 2: Come join us.
Speaker 1: It's a good time starting at nine am and we just have a fun time celebrating on the patio pod there. So let's get into this episode six Montreal. Sorry, my nose kind of a little running. Sure, I had some spicy. I had some spicy. That's the dirty pod thinks. I had some spicy buttered chicken a night. So it's it was funny. I did not pick the spicy op. Check out the spice option. That's okay, let's start episode six. I'm just prolonging. I'll prolong a second long.
Speaker 2: No, I'm joking. Amazing episode, just amazing. And that's the other thing with this episode.
Speaker 1: Two reason why I didn't want to do it too late and be tired and forget anything and be scatterbrained. Because it is a finale next week. There's lots of theory craft and we can talk about man it. I don't know where to start. Is it is incredible, That's one thing, because I do wish the season had more episodes or was split into two.
Speaker 2: But with this, I'd say four, five and now six.
Speaker 1: They are they're making it count at least right they are trying to get everything possible in there, and that sometimes is the con on the show is because there is so much we'd like maybe some space, or at least I've talked with other people, like some space just to pace it.
Speaker 2: Out a little bit better.
Speaker 1: But you can't say you're getting your bank and you're kno, getting your bang for your buck. This episode was incredible. This episode is definitely the one we've been waiting for since the You could say the finale, but really since like I don't know, like even I would say the season one finale because you could technically say episode one of the show, but no, because you need the story of leu Eland saw but episode two or the season finale of one. I know people might say, oh, the trial, they don't they interact, but not that much right, and this is a bunch of space and I know that even an interact after when they're in the castle and he's threatening him and all that stuff. No, this is the one we've really been waiting for, because even then we had them reunited in the finale.
Speaker 2: We had them reunited in.
Speaker 1: Episode two with the UH and they're on the iPads. They're in the business meeting or whatever. They've seen each other before, right, but they've not been with each other. I don't even talking about the sex because now that's all just say.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: If for some reason you haven't watched the episode, this is the sports portion ending right now.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing episode. Go watch it.
Speaker 1: Turn this off, stop listing, come back when you're done. I think this is the episode because this is something where when we got the show, and the way it's parsed out with the present day and all the past stories, it's something I always have to remind myself and especially too, because they've binge those first seasons. It has been seventy seven years since they have spent a huge amount of time together. Now, granted, in the season two finale, we don't know what happened after the tornado burst and everything like that. But I don't know how much they spend together. I don't think that was about them. It was just about the reconnection. It was about the moment right in this episode when Daniel Malloy's talked, which we'llet to him time about like, hey, what did you say? Oh I don't know, what do you What did you say, Louis, Oh, I don't know unless you know? Daniel goes, well, I just need something, some piece of information, something for this.
Speaker 2: Ending of my documentary. Right here's fucking crazy, right.
Speaker 1: Now, some any of this documentary, and Lustata says, I was like him showing up was enough, right, So to me, that's all that that was was just the the if you've ever bumped into like an X and let's say it was an iffy break up.
Speaker 2: Now they had a more bad breakup.
Speaker 1: But I think it's a kind of like you see someone and it's like we any head nods and the other head nods. You're like, okay, we're good, Like we're not gonna best friends, we're gonna be talking, We're good.
Speaker 2: That felt like we're good.
Speaker 1: Now they're in this situation where it's like, oh, we could be friends, and then oh, like, what is this?
Speaker 2: You know? Now, it's like, okay, can.
Speaker 1: We actually be like, like okay, I say, like we'll be friendly?
Speaker 2: Can we be friends?
Speaker 1: Friends?
Speaker 2: Right? And that's what this is all about, and I gotta start with them. We're gonna get like.
Speaker 1: There's no flashbacks in this episodes, so I might just kind of go because I got the episode here, I might just kind of go in the beginning because usually we're kind of jumping all over and everything.
Speaker 2: So we open up with lustage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think I'll do that because I have to because with Armand and Daniel, they'll kind of play.
Speaker 2: Into other things as we go along.
Speaker 1: So let's go kind of front to start here, which I'm not I usually don't do because I like to be kind of a streaming conscious type of guy. I don't dislike that in podcasts. It's just like I'm a fucking Scatterbury myself, right, But so we open up with the start. He is in his coffin. The album has released. I can't even don't know where this is this website. It's in music website because I saw a meme being like the Pepa Pig got a higher score and it was at a six. They gave it like a three point one and it's out a ten, not a five out of five. I was like, oh, that's not that's not bad, you know, like I'm of course the Stop Perfections does not want that. He wants a five, but lea three point one, like okay for like you can come on now, lassaw, that's not too bad. But if it's at ten, yeah, not not great.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: He looks up that Cabbage is the only song trending on the Billboard Tarts at sixty eight, the same Magnus that it was the same number that Magnus brought up, mind you, but it seems like this is he almost attributes it to that it's striking big time with the Vampire Krab but not the Mortals, right, And I don't know if that's his way of coping. I don't know if that's actually true, because he had said with the music last week of hey, you can't hear because you don't have the same ear as I do.
Speaker 2: Right, And at the same.
Speaker 1: Time too, with not all these songs, but some of these songs they are very glided by. I was gonna say Claudia, Sophia, Sash, Gabriella, right, she is employing him through I don't know, kind of lying gaslight and manipulating to make music to help the great conversion, you know. So I think there's some of these songs are his, but there's some that might not might not exactly be his, right, It's like the Devil on the show being oh, we'll do this and say that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting, but he gets this and he's gonna they're still prepping for this big show. I don't know if there's gonna be humans at this big show. I think it's gonna be in Montreal. Cheli Montreal. Love Montreal. I got a lot of like family history there. My uncle was very close with He was a circus lated performer and director, and his I w't I guess I won't get into his funeral is amazing. I have a lot of like a nostalagia for Montreal, so it's fitting that happened here. Would love to get back there. So I think it's happening there. And I don't know if there's gonna be humans at this concert that hasn't been mentioned before. It was mentioned this, so that there's gonna be about fifty thousand vampires, which Luis says like, hey, that's the first time we've ever like had that amount of people be the largest gathering or the Stot says that too, like it'll be the largest gathering of in history or known history whatever, So it's a big deal. I just don't know, is are humans also there? Because he still has human like listeners. There's still people that enjoy his music that are the human nature. So but it seems like this album's not really exactly for him or it's not like working out the way he wants. So I feel like we're kind of we're unsure with Lestott right here, and I think I know which way it is. There's either two ways to look at this. He's talking about after this tour. You know, he's put out his albums, scratched the itch, and he's helped his mother out. He's gonna bounce and get out of here. He's looking at passports and ideas. Oh excuse me, he's looking an idea ideas and he's gonna go out of there. As he talks to Danie, Larry's a bunch just like bird watching or voicing like he wants all these kind of trepidacious times he's had, i'd say, since a vampiric life, other than putting himself six feet under or ten feet under, he's not really had a moment just to like chill. I guess there's apparently still fifteen years between the Queen the damn stuff and when he meets Louis, So who knows what he was doing there, but I feel like he was causing a bit of hapck. I feel like that was a very like a rabid lestaut era, right. So he just kind of wants to walk the earth, go in the forest. He has a cabin out there somewhere, can't remember he drops. He wants to listen to birds and write down.
Speaker 2: Song about them.
Speaker 1: So he kind of plays it off as like, oh, well, I'm you know, I've done all these things that I'm kind of ready to move on to the next chapter.
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 1: Is that? Or you could also take it as like this isn't working out exactly how he's thought, and he's kind of running away from it, right, He's kind of a little disappointed, So instead of dealing with it, he's gonna go off and you know, starting a new right. So he's got that going on, and then randomly while this and we kne where theyre gonna be in this episode if you follow them, he's outside. H Alex is out there. We're in a Dracula mask. Also will pop up later. Sorry, I got a frog in the throat there.
Speaker 2: Let me take a water here. Oh coughing too much?
Speaker 1: My goodness.
Speaker 2: He's just watching him. He's smoking.
Speaker 1: I guess the band's actually rehearsing the other side. They own the place right because where they were it's they They do say it's been a year, so it's now on Halloween again. It's been a year since the band formed, so they are back in their old stay and actually smoking. He says, okay, Halloween, he's just smoking whatever. Cool but he's looking at the stought not too happily. Obviously, we don't get much about Larry. He just talks about, like Lastott story, talks about that his you know, his brother's passing added kind of a sore to the group or anything like that. There was a part in the opening credits of the song when they did all fall down and the guitar is going off and then the song ends. He's like, oh, oh, you know, pull back Larry's Larry's stuff, so even in death, you know, he shouldn't on Larry's music skill, but tells him, you know, I'll go feed before Vampire School rehearse, and AX seems a little bit off, but let's Nott doesn't know what that is, right, He just thinks that maybe it's you.
Speaker 2: Know, he's probably just commit suicide.
Speaker 1: He's sad, so he goes back in and then out of nowhere, Louis just walks in, saying, oh, that's a bad idea, just and then I I was I was wondering, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Right? I don't know how long it's been.
Speaker 1: I think he said it had been a month since the Claudia like the Frateia thing. But at that point, like, I don't know how long it's been, are they just getting back? Like are they already back together here? I was hoping not. I don't want them to as weird as it is. I don't want them to confess their love for each other. I don't want them to kiss. I don't want them to be in bed with each other off air for the first time. I want that to be that should be a moment, the same way they were when they reunited. And I think that's going to well, I don't know if it's gonna happen. We're gonna get to see it, hopefully. I know people had said, hey, if they go to Comic Con. I think even roll In Jones said like, if we go to Comicon, that's a good sign for a season four renewal. They're going a week after the Yeah, the week after the finale. I think that's a good sign. And it's in a whole age as well. Why would you do a whole age comic com panel if you're after the show's ended, if you're not.
Speaker 2: Renewing it, I'd be kind of fucking weird. You know.
Speaker 1: It sucks that Sam's not gonna be there because he's on a Broadway show. I'm hoping he just at least can call in or it's like a surprise. But I think we're sitting good. They talked about the viewership doing good. I think we will see it. But either way, I want to see that. I don't want so when he had first walked in, he's like, oh, this is disappointed, and they already get together and it's just like they're happy and they're gonna break up again. No, I want to see the the kind of comeback of the right. So Luis said, all this bad idea and right away, let's thought defensive.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by ida? You know, he's like, oh, this this witch. He says some us but like.
Speaker 1: The I can't remember they reveal, but he's talking about the wish that they are hired in this episode, right, and then the thoughts like kind of revealed a little bit as far as like, oh, it's he definitely thoughtless. Louis was talking about the ideas they Louis came over. He's in a coffin. He doesn't really like sleeping coffins, but he's in a coffin. He's gonna come there, he's gonna hangle the stot, they're gonna get dinner, they're gonna go the witch go to concert. Part ways, there's your friendly kind of friend man date going on, right, And I think la sat was when he said Louis said was a bad I think las I thought the whole thing he was talking about. No, he's just talking about this this which thing because obviously we know what's gonna happen there, but he's like, I don't know. And then even let's not go, oh well, maybe dinners about idea. It's almost like he's trying to like one up him as usual as they've done before.
Speaker 2: But you could see some some revel some being.
Speaker 1: Relieved that Okay, he's not talking about just like everything right because again, technically h Louis is with Limb and technically right now Lastott is with Gabriella. But at least from Les Statute's side, we know he wants I would say he'd want Louis back like it's it's tough, like he he did before the book drop right, he was telling him come to me and being the guest bet. But we know we know what he really wanted, right and Louis, it's tough. We don't really know his headspace right now because he's not our main character. We've been falling with the Claudia stuff and the Bruce stuff, but the other things, we don't know where.
Speaker 2: His head is at right.
Speaker 1: So they go, Okay, we're gonna do this, and man, there's a bunch of scenes here, a bunch of dialogue. I'm not gonna go over line by line yet because'm on its like tennis. Everything from everything with them together is magnetic. This is a reason where and I think season two is I feel like more regarded as people's favorite season, or it's at least a higher reviewed. I still love season one the best, and this is why it's the best episode as well too.
Speaker 2: These two together just have such good chemistry.
Speaker 1: They just feed off each other well, no pun intended, They just bounce off each other so well. It just worked, and it does. Even though the show has been great with them separately and doing their own storylines, them together it just really really.
Speaker 2: Brings the show up. It's such a fun dynamic.
Speaker 1: And that's why season one is still my favorite is because it is them together with Claudi, but they have such a good just relationship with each other as characters but also actors who can tell it seemed friendly. But even then if they weren't friendly, they have a good push and pull. So this whole episode that's why it's great. That's I don't think there's really any flash back in there for the days it's miner Ley. It works because it's them. So when it's them walking down the street talking about their lives, talking about things, he brings up like, hey, why do you have a restaurant three blocks from myself? And I love Louis when he says like, oh that was a it was a catastrophic error. And then he calls Lamb and he's oh, he ends a phone call you too, and he's like, oh, is that miss you too?
Speaker 2: You love you too.
Speaker 1: And at this point they're just playing it up as.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna be friends.
Speaker 1: They don't say that to the camera, but it's definite, like, Okay, we're gonna you know, you know, make good. We're forgetting everything that's happened up. Hope some lines here, but all this stuff is fantastic. And then we get to the restaurant they have a back door. Everyone collaps when the stock comes in because they are he is like the face of this thing. So again for the humans, maybe he's only and again even then he he's what, he's a newer artist dead and he's still going at sixty eight, right, and he's still you know, like the album's still doing somewhat well. Again, it's just the level, but right, we have all those where it's you want to do good and if it's not perfect then there's an issue with it. Right. So, as I mentioned, before they get to this restaurant, they talk with Daniel. He needs ending for his documentary. Lestott says, it's and again, I might conflate some of these two and talk about different timelines in the episode, but he tells Louis, I just want to give him an end news to his documentary. Right, they didn't end in a good note. Daniel's not a big fan of him. Daniel is looking mighty toasty. You know what's with the tan Dan? As Lestott says, and as we mentioned, he said, hey, what happened to you guys?
Speaker 2: Reunited? They kind of play cooy and Lestotte just says, yeah, the fact they showed up was all I needed. And then they find this girl. She's in the pub.
Speaker 1: She's like a long long somehow bloodline relative to Lestatt that doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 2: But then they cut her open.
Speaker 1: They put her over this like little I don't know cup, divide her and goes into like three different wine glasses and everything. Uh. And then they drink and then Dan is like he call him, but Daniel's like, oh, you still like thang in Sofia And He's like, oh, I don't know, maybe yeah. And then when they get this wine, when they toast, he says, oh, here's the eating your own, which is just like he doesn't know that he knows, but like it's almost like he knows, Like right, Daniel knows what's going on with him and his mother when they get back. And Daniel's whole time feels like he has an agenda. He okay, that's the problem. He always feels like he's an agenda, but right now he really feels like and he does not. He feels pretty cold. And then even then too, he has some line, let me mute this so I don't get fucking cooperated if or anything. But he has this line and he's talking to Louis about, uh, let's see, oh it's something about I don't know. They're talking about in the past when he didn't read his mind and about you know, the book writing all that type of stuff, and they're just talking about the mind reading. And then Daniel's about, oh, yeah, you're all about the private see Louis like he's taking us starts again.
Speaker 2: He also knows it's supposedly this.
Speaker 1: Thing that we got revealed last week that when our mom was checking in on Daniel and they just being love with him, he was giving him those details to Louis and even our mom was like, yeah, Louie's not as great code as you think. He's much more clean, and it's like, hey, I love Louis like everyone else. But then it is all fucked up for Daniel's sake, right, that these people are just watching his whole life.
Speaker 2: So he is pissed off.
Speaker 1: At Lastot for the way he treat him on the tour, and he's pissed off at Louis for lyington, which again he should talk to the source, because as we've learned in this episode and almost every fucking episode of the show, there's about you could say, his side, his side, and the truth. Still, there's about five sides to each story, and in this one especially there's a big one which I can't wait to get to as far as a revelation here. But so, yeah, they have a little they have a drink and that's about it. But yeah, Dan just feels like a much better than you type of vibe going on. And then they talk about, hey, was he trying to get into your mind or the Stot says that Luis, yeah, I think he gone there a little bit yet to do, so they knew they even addressed at this point something is up with Daniel, but they can't put their finger on what it is, right. They just think he might be agitated them on who knows whatnot they are talking about. Now they're back in the car. He has some fans singing to him and this is this is the clip they released. But oh this, this is definitely like the nicest. This might be the nicest happiest they've ever been in the entire show. I like, there's probably a few other times. What it feels like that always comes with some sort of drama, this moment where uh, let's stop. They pull aside and there's the vampires in the car and they see him and they're calling for him, and like, oh, you know, address him. I don't know, I'm not gonna do that. Like, no, address them. They're here for you, they want to see you and everything. And he opens up the window and he's singing and Louie's happy and let's stop happy and he sits down and louis just like, oh, this is fucking it, Like this is your calling, like when you took me to all those operas and everything, like all the like everything.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the tannor not that one.
Speaker 1: But it's just like he's going over just like this is this is your calling, not the great conversion shit, the which he does keep telling him throughout the episode, this is a bad idea, don't do it, don't.
Speaker 2: Do the show.
Speaker 1: He says, it doesn't matter if your plans to get because he has told him that his plans to do the show and then leave and start in your life, and he gives them a bunch of fake names. He doesn't like him, but he says like, don't do this concert. It's not safe, not a good idea, Just don't do it. He always says this, But he's also just going with what lest that wants to do, because we'll get to that after when he talks to Sophia Sash Gaberella about the stot So. But it's just this moment of him telling him, like, man, that's that this is your call, and this is what you're putting this. You know earth to do is to be a singer rock sort of let it out through music and everything. Right, Because again that's how in Louis's mind, Let's stott did win him back, right was the come to Me song. And he was mad at him for I can't remember how long he was mad at him in that original season, but eventually he gave him that album Come to Me, you know, with Antnett's voice. But still that's brought him in right, so like brought him back at least. So it was this nice one where he's complimenting him and lasta.
Speaker 2: Just like like glowing.
Speaker 1: He's just loving it and it's not like a pompous way and like a man, this guy that I loved and he still loves giving me all these compiments talking about me in this way and in a way that we rarely saw Louis do right. And the seasons that we saw their love story, especially just season one, it always felt very dramatic and very at odds for the most part, and much more of a lust instead of a love where this felt like this was loving. And they start reminiscing about the theater, about Mary and Antonette, and they're like, oh, yeah, they're the mayor part so little and I love when he's Justifontinet, you know, that's such a good moment and they're talking everything and then I think that's all that happens here, Yeah, this is your thing. Yeah, they're just having a good time, and then oh that's where they start talking about this where where let me get the full lines here.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll bring it here.
Speaker 1: But they start when they bring up Antonette. They start to talk about everything that had happened. So at this point just felt like they're friendly to, Like they're being very friendly to.
Speaker 2: Now it's like we might.
Speaker 1: Go and address the situation. Right, So it's about the finger. I just want to let me get this line. What does that do here? You made her cut on her finger? Oh, she did on her own. She thought the gift would help her grow back. She's very impulsive. You dangle there, Okay, yeah, there you go to provoke her impressure. So they were just reminiscing and then Louis says you dangled, and he says, to provoke you out of desperation, and then there's this awkward moment and then he says, and to punish you, and then why and then he goes, I have the blood of a caution, No, it ain't the blood, and he.
Speaker 2: Says I'm a monster, and then Louis goes, it's about what do you do with it? That?
Speaker 1: And we'll get into this. They didn't go full into They kind of we'll wait to the Claudia stuff. I thought that Clauda, I don't know. It's one of these things where it's not They didn't address it the way I thought, but it's not necessarily bad. I just have to sit on it with the lastatt and Claude thing, because I've always said before, no matter, and this is where we're getting too, so it's gonna make sense the second one.
Speaker 2: Let me just kind of thread the line here.
Speaker 1: I've always said that, Okay, sure of course you know they do the plan, Louis and Claudia go to kill le Stot. Louis can't do it, throws in the garbage. So let stock goes back to life. So you can see why Louis would be saved by la Stat right, because there is still love there and it's like, well, technically, you did save my life. You did this terrible thing, you betrayed me, but you saved my life right where Claudia you did try to kill me, right, And he went through the trial and he did the whole rehearsal and all this stuff. He saved Louis, didn't save her. And always thought there's stills to be some sort of come to Jesus reckoning for Louis in that moment because like he let her out, but at the same time, maybe Louis would understand and Leastott has talked about how he is in season two regretful but right. So it's a push and pull. It's very tough where I fel like they could address a little more, which they do, hear, just in a different way. And here they are like, hey, why are you trying to punish me? Like why are you acting like that? And now Lasts just trying to do the whole like I can't help it. I'm a monster, which.
Speaker 2: Is partially true but partially not.
Speaker 1: Because we've seen him that he can be a good person slash vampire or care I think he has like a rageous stuff that'll kick in. But at the same time he also uses that as a crutch. Right, That's something that was a big theme in the first few seasons of Dexters. He's always zero killing, like, oh, I can't do that because I'm a kill it but soy, yeah, but then you've done all these good things and you care about this person, so something else is up here, right, So he talked about and Louis says, hey, well, it's not about the blood. It's about what you do with the blood, and like, let's not kind of like laughs that off, but there is a more where it feels like lou he was just trying to talk him up a little bit, and it's and what I like though, is it is Lestat. It's them reminiscing over season one stuff him actively come and because that's that's the thing. This season is from Lassaut's point of view. So it felt like in the first half of the season it was very much like it's about lastat.
Speaker 2: Fuck Louis.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't write the fucking Wolverine Blues. That never happened, the whole book thing, everything that's wrong with it. But now, just like Louis, especially in season two, started realizing there's things he had done that were wrong, Like look at the story with Magnus, right, Let's thought didn't do anything wrong, but he made that whole thing up.
Speaker 2: Same thing here.
Speaker 1: Where I think Let's trying is letting the armor drop a little bit and finally emitting things and him being like, yeah, I did that just to hurt you. Before it was oh, I really care about a tonet this and that I needed a companion, I needed someone I could trust.
Speaker 2: He had to da da da da da.
Speaker 1: He finally says, here now, it was to you know, provoke you and get you head out of your depression. And a punis shoe, which is not a great thing you want to do your partner, but that's him emitting and that's something that with this episode did such a great job. It shows how much which they've both grown.
Speaker 2: They could still grow, but they have.
Speaker 1: They've grown from where they were when they first met, which was at times very like I said, lusting and love, more lusting than love, but also very petty and very very toxic. And it feels like they even talk about in this episode which I'm coming forward, they go like, oh, I gotta deal with this all I gotta deal with this too, And they're like, yeah, you didn't do that back in the like whatever age or telling like you didn't do that, like and we were just talking about that before right where I mean and them are talking about just in the past that many people would have been mentally ill or had depression all these problems and just because they're vampires they still have these things. But like that wasn't a you know, mental health wasn't a big thing, and I know, I'm sure some people go, oh, whatever, depression, Now people would suffer from a bunch of stuff. And that's where they're kind of saying, Hey, back in the day, you didn't really deal with any You just had to like shove it down and move on, right. But now they're both like, yeah, I have to like kind of come to reckoning with this and come to terms and figure it out, right.
Speaker 2: So they go okay, And at some point this meant to point too.
Speaker 1: They talked about they're gonna meet Sophia tonight, so they're gonna go with hers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm looking to see. This is so great.
Speaker 1: I love now. Don't get me wrong, I agree. I'm not as hard as that some people. I know. My friend Chris Evanson had gathered geeks listening to his show because if you want someone that knows a bunch of about vampires, he turned me on the show. I don't know about vampire is in general, but this show. He's good because he talks book stuff, but he waits till that stuff happens, doesn't spoil, which I appreciate. Very knowledgeable on that stuff, right, And I know him and his crew absolutely hate the Gabrielle Sophia character. I don't hate her, but I can see some of the qualities that they and I agree. Yeah, sometimes the accent in this day and age is like a little over the top, but at the same time, it's like, all right, it's characteristic. There is something about when Louis and Gabrielle met. I know, man, there was just like a gun slinger like here. He and Louly didn't even know the gun slinger mont was on, but it just like there was. It was a power keke of not only is it just like his mom, but it is like, you know, his girlfriend at the time. But there's a lot of stuff going on here. And they walk and he's like, oh, you're gonna introduce me to Sophie. He's like, he'll do fine, and lets thought just leaves him alone. He just goes up this age, goes to practice, which is strange. He goes to practice, which the first two songs they were released for lastaut was long Face and then Dancer with Myself a cover of it, which we're using the GV Day theme, which is funny because I thought, oh, this is gonna be a big moment.
Speaker 2: I thought it might come to at.
Speaker 1: A point where he pushes way Louie pushed away Gabrelle and he's on his own.
Speaker 2: It's just like a one up though song. They're like, oh, we're gonna play some music. Can you sing? Let's not h yeah, sure whatever.
Speaker 1: It's weird that they probably paid the rights and covered to get this song and it's like it's just sung like nothing.
Speaker 2: That's okay, it's fine, it's great. Samury's voice is great.
Speaker 1: I agree with everybody that like he should take up a sing career the same way per like Oh Cooper should start to sing after starts born Sam Reid should be you know, I said to Emily, that's the saddest thing is I look forward to every Tuesday when.
Speaker 2: The new song drop.
Speaker 1: Next week maybe there'll be some bona some stuff, But next week I'm assuming it's done. And there's never been a fucking other Samuri Lasatt album.
Speaker 2: Again. It sucks, man, especially last week.
Speaker 1: All the songs were great cabbage, Uh god, the why do you.
Speaker 2: Call call them? Or why let me pull it up here?
Speaker 1: Because I got them all my like song, where is this?
Speaker 2: Holy shit? I a lot of not vacation.
Speaker 1: I gotta check after let's see Big Bad Wolf when I call your name Cabbach, and then Stained Glass Eyes, which I wish there was two versions of Stained Glass Eyes on Spotify.
Speaker 2: They have like the.
Speaker 1: Production produced like rock and roll with TC singing. I would like that, and I would like just the clean it's not acoustic aus of the guitar, but just like the hymn, the piano and whatever other smaller instruments they're using in.
Speaker 2: The show last week. It's not that I dislike this version.
Speaker 1: I just prefer that one a little more, and I would like the option to Luckily, I just listened to that one on YouTube, but that one's only like two and a half minutes. But that's five minutes, so minor complaint. But anyways, so Louis meets Gabro and right we're like, okay, what we get in and get into and off the bat. Gabriel was like nice, like oh go ahead, just man and like, you know, just making little equips. So like, oh, everything he said about me, there's a quarter half, like a quarter quarter of it it's low. And then she go, oh, well quarter of it's truth as well, and they're like she's doing this like a fun kind of like combative but float away but nothing. It feels like if you've ever been in a good setup with like ex's or friends or anything like that, and it's like, oh, you can have that back and forth like for not that they do like this, like for example, my mom and dad got divorced when I was like I don't know, four or five anything like that. Sure, a few bumpy years, but then after that, like at least monthly, not even monthly, but like Canada, like they they were best friends. They decide, hey, we're better to be best friends instead of you know, married lovers all that type of stuff. They we've had Christmas's birthdays from a whole life. When it's like they have a partner or even mom has a partner and my dad's there. My dad has a partner, my mom's there, and not like an awkward like oh we're going like no, they're still friends talking out. So that's where it's like, Okay, we got this.
Speaker 2: This is like okay vibe going on with Gavriella.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of a shift here when she starts to talk more Louis, because she understands that Louis already just like a strong individual and the the biggest thing is that he understands Lestat even then, like all the famous Louis and she lasts like, uh, it was a fun scene. I was ready to see it here and they're talking about do you she says, Lestat tells me you don't want him to go to this and Louis goes, oh, yeah, I don't, but he's gonna do his own thing. He always does so right away. It's like this thing of she still wants, like, let's not to go to this concert, but Loui's saying that is like fuck, he does under like he knows my son like and again he she doesn't know the full story. She might know the book, but like, okay, she knows my son slash lover okay. And then more they start to talk, which is interesting because the song's immensive, but it feels like whether it is the past, this conversation, or just a vibe she gets. I think she's worried about Louis being around because he can't control that. She can't control the stot right because she was doing anything he can't she can to get Louis not to go to this concert and saying, oh, well, you know you don't think it's a good idea, so maybe you shouldn't be there, and oh you know that. He doesn't really answer because he's told the Stott he's not going, but Louis also feels like he's picking up on the bullshit of her.
Speaker 2: Now he didn't say anything, and.
Speaker 1: Then she go, oh, yeah, I know you had like tons of them myers, but like y'all scot up hell, they don't like you and everything. And then I think Lie says something about like, oh, he's gonna be okay, he's gonna figure out everything like that, and she goes, well, you know, what would hurt you or what would hurt the thought more than you not coming to the concert is you being hurt and getting hurt, And again he just got an on answers. And then she goes, oh, well when you show up, you and this is what was scary. You just make sure you you stand.
Speaker 2: Next to me and I'll protect you.
Speaker 1: And I was like it was like the shorty from Scary We run one run, bitch, run, Like, do not stand besides Gabrielle at this concert. Now, Also, what happens at the end of this episode. I don't know if we're gonna get to Louis at that concert, but stills like, do not trust this woman at all. But the good thing is about Louis, not his mom, not this person who mostly abused him and he played him.
Speaker 2: I can see that, right.
Speaker 1: And Louis that's the first time we saw was he's like put like obviously he's changed a little bit, but he puts it with no shit, reckless but kind of badass.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The first time we saw less seen and was him threatening his brother in the street, and I was like, oh, who was this fucking beefcake?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So it's like Louie is not gonna play around when it comes down to look at the stuff with Bruce, right, like he cleans shop. There's a reason they went through like oh you're great at dispatchment, LOUI will fuck you up and then I can fly.
Speaker 2: Now he'll fuck you up.
Speaker 1: So it's this thing of it was I would even have loved more of this, or like even like a like another dinner scene with all three of them together, because I don't know how much more we're gonna get of Louis and Gabrielle or so feel like it's Sofia even gonna like be alive after next week.
Speaker 2: I don't know, right, are any of them? I don't know. I say, imagine that the leaves.
Speaker 1: Well, but still Gabriella, I don't know what's happening next, So I would wouldn't mind more of that dynamic, even though it might be like kind of a door closing, which we tumbled with Claude as well. But the big thing is, I think the song is called Brutal Love. People been looking forward to this and he I think this is the one that, in my theory said last week. My theory is that he is gonna say I love you too, Louis, just like he did in the concert, the real life concert. All he did is he said I love you. I thought they were gonna reveal that that's Louie and then everything's looking happy and a cautious gonna take him from that concert next week? Right, I think it could still happen because he said I love you in that show and he didn't say it here. Because I saw a bunch of theories, people like, oh fuck, he's gonna say to Gabriella, Sofia and Loui's gonna be a little like hurt about it right, he didn't, but he's sang a song called Brutal Love. Now he gives a speech, Oh the band, like everyone's torn. Should we keep in the show or not? You know, mister Louis du point de Lac, we need you to be like the tiebreaker side. It's gonna be in the show. He sings this love song, which, sure, there's actually not too many super specifics like other songs about being Louis, but it is about fucking Louis. Louis knows it, Lestatte knows it. They're looking at each other almost crying. They're like getting emotional, and you know who knows it to fucking Gabriella. And that's too like I think before it was like a in any in any sport or I liked him about the gol in our esports league.
Speaker 2: There is times where you start a game like, okay, we're playing.
Speaker 1: Let's let me use like smash for's example, right, if I'm playing something not Dylan, because you'll usually kick my ass.
Speaker 2: But even then you can take some stalks off Dylan.
Speaker 1: If I'm playing that, there's a time, Oh you're squaring up, You're good to go. I can take this guy but then you're down a few stalks and you just see the way it's going, like, oh, I'm fucked.
Speaker 2: I can't get out of this.
Speaker 1: And that's where Gabriella this whole time one I think she just again me and I have to read in this because we didn't get more of her and more about her and Louis just even before and how she.
Speaker 2: Might feel about that.
Speaker 1: I just read it as like, Okay, this is a guy that you know, Austin's very connected to my son, but I can take him on to Oh, their connections way more deeper and he's going to be a problem. And that whole end that's probably Jennifer's best acting because she's is being pretty over the top at times. I still don't mind because I think there is some fun and let's though it's pretty over the top too, right, But with her that that's her most grammin in a moment, I think when because even the past she like had some very like fantastical scenes of yelling beyond man, you know that type of stuff. This her looking back and Leasta and Lary was like, oh, it's over for me and I gotta figure this out. And even after the concert, she's very like touching Laistan and kiss like trot, very territory, and he calls it out. He goes like, hey, when I woke up, your scarf was on my piano. What was that about? Oh well, I just came to get some things. Saw you were there, so you had a guest, so I don't want to sturb. And then she goes, oh, that's why you left your sir, and he goes, that's why you left your scarf there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so he he knows that she's.
Speaker 1: Feeling that and she's just giving out that vibe. Alex again walks by. He's looking to shovel and pissed, and then Lestat says this thing which is gross and bone chilling, but her kissing any kind of He's pull away. Let's not someone really like it. He's like, oh, can you check on Alex, like he could use like some.
Speaker 2: A mother.
Speaker 1: He didn't say a mother's touch, but he says, so I'll get the actual line, but again just like, let's see, and then she says her mom's gonna be there. Okay, yeah, so maybe I should hang on show Ax some affection. What does he say? He could use his mother? And then he gives this thing and it's just this kind of not of Again. Sure he's still fucking his mom and this is all this gross stuff, but at the end of the day, to me, he got manipulated in that situation, not like not assault, not as it's it's like what people talk about grooming, right, It's that sort of way where he was just needing the love of anybody, especially his mother, and she used that against him to sleep with the sun and do some other stuff. But that's where he's throwing the back of her face like, oh, he could use the mother right now, that's what the thought's saying. He always needed, right And we're gonna get to this scene a second where even louis a second fucking clocks like what the issues could be with the saw where they stem from?
Speaker 2: Right, So we get the scene.
Speaker 1: And great, like this whole episode, say everyone, Jacob Anderson, Sammuy is amazing. Sam Reid again particularly great in this episode. He's two things so uh lamb. During this concert, he shoots him a text says hey, or the rehearsals, hey, look at this video.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this?
Speaker 1: He's looking at his phone even the side off the cont the rehearsals like, oh, you always look at your phone, like, oh, I know, I'm sorry, it's rude, which ties back to even apparently like limb is when him and Claudia wouldn't caught. There's so many characters. When Louis and Claude FRAUDI I were talking and they're talking about his relationship with Lem, and Lem's like big critique is like to stay off his phone more because he's a very business guy, right, So it's funny. The first one of the first like negative things Stott says against the episode is like, hey, you run your phone the whole time.
Speaker 2: That's rude.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't let him off the hook either, like he said something too like oh you know, like you're just missing the whole thing, right, So a little bit.
Speaker 2: Different than we're getting some intensions. So Louis gets in the car.
Speaker 1: They're both in the car, they're driving somewhere and he's looking at some stuff and I know what's going on there? And then what is this opening line here? Let's see he shows in the video, which is it's kind of weird, like I guess he's just worried about what's gonna happen, right, because he shows a video of Gabriella and let's not getting on.
Speaker 2: It's known that.
Speaker 1: They are lovers to everybody, so it's like, well, like, sure, let's make it a lot of sex tape out there. It's like, does litot care much? It's because you were about the other stuff. And then this great sequence. Oh my god, he hands on the phone and he's, oh, it must be on those AI D fakes.
Speaker 2: You know, it's an all complete fake.
Speaker 1: And then he takes the phone back and he goes all the way to the beginning and we pretty much get our And I forgot to mention this too. Daniel, when he was talking to Lue last implied that he's been seeing someone. Devil's Minion stands that's probably good stuff for you. But he says he's been seeing someone, and he's like, you know, I can't remember how he described it, but just now he's in love, but like he was pretty happy about that, right, And they're like, oh, yeah, good, good for you. Eve. Though it's a little a little like arrogant the way they almost make it sound like Dan couldn't get anybody, so they do talk down to him. I think they made it more like a more Joe fal choking way. But Dan's also a little messed up mentally, right, but yeah, I've been seen somebody.
Speaker 2: And we circle back to this down where.
Speaker 1: They roll back on this video that's a YouTube video of like something like exclusive clip from environ U interview with the vampire Lestot. It's Daniel and Arman in the daylight. They're pretty much just doing the same scene they did last week where it's tell me about nineteen or seventy eighty three and Lestade and Sofia and it's all, you know, we started the company I knew was Gabriella or her mother.
Speaker 2: And Louis looks at us.
Speaker 1: Like ish, what does he say? Like, oh, did I meet your mother?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He says did I meet your mother? And lets it felt like such a kid, like dealing with a kid when they're trying to lie and they know you're they're gonna get the truth at you, but like, did I just meet your mother? And he goes, you know, you met Sophia, you met Sophia, And then Louis goes, well, it's Sophia your mother and what is the line? Let's thought hits him with after that too, let's see oh oh yeah, so yeah, yeah, is Sophia your mother? Oh, my mother's dead. And then he's like, okay, let me put it this way. Is Sophia the same person that you were sat in in your human form in the vagina for nine months? And then the thot goes, well, you know, Louis, it's not all one thing. There's the vagina, there's the cervix, there's the uterus. So he won't answer. He's he's taking his moment to talk to Louis about like he's incorrect, like because yeah, a baby doesn't sit in a fucking vagina for nine znes.
Speaker 2: But he's like, it's actually this in this But then Louie's losing it.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is like this all the reactions that we had, right, this is fucking growth. And he has more context, which's gonna get fucking gross, like how like how could you do this? And as the Sads explain this, he's starting to throw up uncontrollably, like he's nervous and he's like sick to the stomach of the situation. And which is so great because I feel like even in the first few seasons, we saw him in a week or stay, but we never saw him so weak, like this is not a negative thing, but is so like emotionally compromised that he's literally throwing up blood because he's he's so nervous that this is coming out, and also because it's probably the most important person to find out, right, So and then we get this whole great scene where, of course, and this is where again Louie being selfish as.
Speaker 2: Stop throwing up.
Speaker 1: He's like, my shoes, my shoes, And the first thing he gets out of the car, he's kicking the blood off his shoes and everything, so so excuse me. He gets out of the car and he's like, this is your This is fucking gross. You're gross, Like you don't shit where you eat. He says, what one guy, god savage earth, is there to talk about what's in thether Yeah, you don't come inside where you came out of. He's just in all this stuff like much like all of us, but to this obviously it's why he's name. But he's like, this is like our bond type of shoes. Like you can't say that and walk away. He's like, no, it is like you said your mother was dead. You put a fucking photo barer car, which again that's where it's like, imagine the whole time, the thought has been like, oh yeah, my mother, I loved her and she really raised me right right, And then like now, this whole time, Loui's been like going to bed thinging back, Oh I guess that's his mother, like good night st mom. Yeah, it's like, oh yeah, they're doing all sexual type of deeds and everything like that. And Lassot's this great combination of like emotional but trying to like play it off. And then eventually, as Louis keeps going, he brings up which this was a constant theme, especially in season one of Oh like here you go again, Like he's saying, we're let's that sound like we're unnatural beings. But you always try to whip out your half human side when it's convenient to win an argument, right, and he's still just again he say, it's a central long lie.
Speaker 2: How can I trust you?
Speaker 1: And again you got a thing from Loui's perspective too, which it's gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 2: You're in a good way. It is like he just.
Speaker 1: Got fucking lied too, four seventy seven years like he said, almost centry lie like it like so the fact that he's like, Okay, maybe I'll let h let's start back into my life, whether it's even as a friend. Ale I'm back in to already the trust being broken. It's like, well fuck man, like why would I do this again? Like this is already off to bad start, but this is where lest that comes in. This where shows they've grown so much, especially lou it's great, and he goes and Louis, I think one last line is some variation and being like you're sick, and he's all, I'm sick, Like you know what happened like a month ago when you called me and Sam Reid this is why fuck damn his man, he should be nominating and at least being won here but he and I don't know if the season wouldn't work for this year maybe next year, but he should beget way more. He goes, you called me a month ago saying you paid someone to pretend to be Clauda. You paid someone to be mad line and what I got up? Let me, I'm gonna play out here? Is I gonna repeat a lince here? Let's see here you called me out of nowhere, let's see and you're paying a girl to pretend to be Claudia.
Speaker 2: You're paying girl to pretend to be mad line And what do I say? Do I say you're sick? Louis question right, A see do a sea sickness?
Speaker 1: No, it's been a month half talking you back. I have your unimaginable friends. And this is the fucking scend love. It's like Samuy's in his face, his blood comes and when he say he's do this, he his whole body, he's just moving and unimaginal frendsy in the middle of my own fracturing.
Speaker 2: And then he's.
Speaker 1: Starting to breakdown and I offer you under my roof. And the second he says that now I won't go watch the scene again. The second he says that, he goes okay and then lets listen off like IM trying to reckon with his his grief all this stuff. And then he's he's literally having a panic attack. And this is where Louis in the past, as far as what we've seen the other seasons. Right to me, Louis in the past would walk away, would keep barely down, would act a high and mighty. I thought, and this is what I this is why I fucking love this show. A lot of times when they turn. You think they're gonna turn the left, they turn right.
Speaker 2: I thought that there's two.
Speaker 1: Ways that they were gonna broken up, right, and I still think my second ways possible. My uh a cautious theory right there finally get me happy. Boom, he gets taken right. But I thought there was another way they could do something. And that's where I thought for sure, this is gonna be the ending of this episode. I thought he's gonna find out his mother and that's gonna be a breaking point. And now they're broken up, and then maybe like then the next week could be like, oh I overreacted and like tell me the story. No, we got to have a whole this episode is like just under now, we've got to have a whole back half of this episode of more of the stuff. Right, he starts to hype eventilate he's having a panic attack and Louis stays with him.
Speaker 2: He says, Okay, he's hugging him, he's holding them, he's helping them breathe, he's holding them up.
Speaker 1: It is fantastic stuff. He is literally like staying there for the stup. We're in the past. It's never been that way. They just argued more he's left of physical violence, whatever it may be, because he, as we talked about, that is still fucked up too. What like now, granted, if you're asking me, hey, what's more, they're equally fucked up? What's more fucked up? Uh, let's stop fucking and his mum or Louis hiring his actress.
Speaker 2: Still gonna lean to Lestott.
Speaker 1: But I've said before that that was Louis's darkest you know there was that was some mess up stuff.
Speaker 2: He was doing.
Speaker 1: So to me, he had a moment he thought about he went, you know what, Yeah, that was fucked up what I was doing. And he didn't call me out on it. He didn't like, he didn't like guilt trip me or anything. So this scene was just fantastic. Uh. We get in this bar scene and were talking just the origin and he's like, this is Louis now trying to be better and understand where the stots come from. So here's the whole story. He says, this thing that like offends will stop. But Louis, Oh, and that's where in the argument he says something about like you're sick and maybe that's where all the sickness stem from.
Speaker 2: He, like I said, it's.
Speaker 1: Already clocking that. Oh, Gabrielle was fucking, you know, messing with him and kind of using him to get And I'm not saying that's all the Stuts problems, but like that has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So and this other thing that Louis, because I just fe's word to Louis says, oh, like, my uncle assaulted me once, but he gave me a couple of dollar bills, and so it's kind of like, oh, like, it's not that, but it's like, no, that's what it is. It's just not dollar bill she's giving you, right, it's something else. It's like the affection, the fake love, the using a companionship. Klue clocks so, you know, because he also read a prothel. He knows what this is, right. But it's a great scene of him understanding. They talk this all loud, just figure out and go, okay, we're gonna we should just cancel this fucking witch. Before they do that, they're drinking beer and Louis takes your house. This isn't good, and like can you and thought looks around, cuts his finger, gets some blood there and this is where you know, got some central stuff and vampire. Oh oh on want that crack? Uh he This is where Louis I don't know what he's doing for it feels like on purpose. Uh, let'stot puts someone's blood in the beer. Uh.
Speaker 2: There's like a little dribble blood.
Speaker 1: Louis licks it takes this big gulp and he's like taking it in. That's some vampire flirting, you know. And yeah, I think he isn't drinking his blood in like over one hundred years something, so I think he's kind of sinuay. It tastes good. There's also this moment to where they're talking and they look at each other. It's a backward it's a shot from their backs and Louis like leans over a little unless that starts to lean over more, but than Louis looks away. He didn't know Las thought was doing that. Last definitely thought he was going in for a kiss and he wasn't. But like Las thought thought was happening.
Speaker 2: But this great. This scene's great because it's again.
Speaker 1: LEAs Thought's at his most human or old steff when he's with Louis, and this scene does not feel like this big performance like oh I'm going back to be joking all this type of stuff. No, it's he feels very vulnerable here with Louis, and it's a great scene here. Uh and then they talk. They go to the witch. I don't know much about this character. I'm sure she may fear witches everything like that. But they give a couple of items and all this great. And this is where I thought, Okay, we're gonna get what I wanted. I did get it, just in a different way. Uh. So the witch, she's like, all right, I'm gonna I'm paraphrase, but like bring her face to face with her killers. It's like, I didn't kill her. I didn't fucking kill her. And then uh, oh god, what was it? Now? I gotta get the exact if I can. Let's see here. I can't.
Speaker 2: Where is it here? I don't know where it was. But anyway, so okay, oh okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is where let's see.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he says I didn't kill her, and then she says something and then oh yeah, because I didn't kill her, I saw enough of and then let's talk. Go. So I think she was talking about us giving her the gift was killing her, and then or she was implying that and like, Okay, I thought you're talking about parents, and then thoughts like that will be implying that you thought that I killed.
Speaker 2: Her, right, which is sort of a way here.
Speaker 1: This is a scene that I've not watched in a full I need to fully take in because this went a different way. But you know what for that crowd tons of people that hated Louis reading Claudia's dire, which still I understood, right it was her price so she worked on the pages.
Speaker 2: Is not what I thought was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: This is and I was waiting for like they're gonna say, like, oh, this could have been the real Claudia. We don't hundred and sent No, it just taps into some of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's I don't know. And that's the thing too with the story, most of the story that we heard with.
Speaker 1: Interview Vampire one and two, it's through Louis right, and he has this great, you know, kind of idea of Claudia in relationship with her right, and of course I talks about her like an angel in a sense, as far as like he loved.
Speaker 2: Her, and I do believe he loved her. Right.
Speaker 1: The witch brains are back and Claudia just she fucking hates Louis. She she hates she hates them both, but like, and I don't know if it's just because like she died, and this is like all the anger finally coming on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be here if there's any love here.
Speaker 1: But it really feels like there's zero love for lou right, and lots of this is it is like what that speech was, right when at the end when of season two in the trial, Let's thoughts of something about like, oh, this isn't about you, and she stands like it's never been about me.
Speaker 2: I'm always just stucking you know.
Speaker 1: Another stormy round of your two romance, right, and that's where it is. And but she starts to say, like I liked let's stop more than you. I even thought about poisoning you instead and running away. I only use it you. And this is where it was like crazy for her to be like pretending to Oh the good daddy lou Le Stott was gonna hurt me and say do worse things to me than.
Speaker 2: Raby and stuff like that. That's clysing. She lied about that again.
Speaker 1: Every time I finished the show, I go ah, I got to rewatch the show again and now I do, especially now again between some of the Armor and Daniel stuff and this watching it, thinking Claudia is this like little perfect angel, which like there's elements of that, right, Not that Okay, she's still mods killing us some people, but I mean, like in the eyes of Louis as far as like, let's stop being the monster and again now like puts like Louis and Le's stop back so much further because lou thought this stuff was going but she just.
Speaker 2: She hates them.
Speaker 1: And I'm not gonna go off on the whole tangent because it's a massive speech, huge shout to delayey here, she's fantastic in this scene. So yeah, just pretty much that she hates Louie was using Louis and just like and I'm sure there has to be some love there, right, because like there's that scene in season two when she meets with when she's a Madeline, she meets with Louis and Arman months later and like she didn't have to do that, right, I think this is just all the rage. But at the same time, maybe that's all that's left is just rage, right, Sometimes that happens in friendships, relationships and that's Louis getting here and he's very taken aback, and I think it takes him shakes them to his core. And I'm very interesting what the fault is for Louis. We got to see it a little bit, but as we go along, we didn't get to see him really cope with that. Right, So that happens and then with les thought, she kind of she does like again, it's they'd answer this in season two for me, and I guess this is still it where he still feels because he even says like give me your raf like he's he's wanting it, and she almost again just tries to like like not let him off the hook.
Speaker 2: But like what does she say here?
Speaker 3: Oh I wanted let's see. I'm just let's see. No, no, come on, I just want to see what she says about the trial? Yeah, ye, swallow the bane? How long did you rehearse my death? Let's see you memorize your every line of that play? Just for fun, mister Anson, you just make them.
Speaker 1: Up on the script slit okay, And that that that's the thing, right she says this line, she says, I would have done the same thing.
Speaker 2: It was me, So it's like that's where I've said, like Louis.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm like, I'm only okay. I felt like Lestatt and lou at the same time, where that there's still has to be more of a reckoning for Lastott, right, there's still like because he still didn't save Claudia. And when he says gimme your like he's when she's approaching, he's looking like he's ready, and he's like looking like yes, like yes, like it's almost more painful me, like yes, give me what I deserve here, and she doesn't really exactly like even the thought when he's listening to the Louis stuff, he's kind of like taken aback. I think because they left together and did try to kill him, all the good moments that Lestatt and uh Claudia had together were probably questioned by him, and even with the book, even if he didn't remember everything, probably thought, oh, maybe I did read this wrong or I was wrong about that. So I think that it was much more of a In this way, Claude almost makes it seems like she was using the book, which I'm sure something that was true, but like, I think he definitely thought it was way more than those two loved each other, and then their love was faker.
Speaker 2: Was there?
Speaker 1: There was a love, but I think now he knows it's just whatever amount it was, it was probably the same equalness to Louis, and Louie didn't have like it over him. So that's tough thing for Louie to reckon with and tough thing for the Stot. And that's the thing where she's like I said, so, yeah, I woud have fucking none too.
Speaker 2: So that's where I go.
Speaker 1: I guess I just can't feel too bad about the trial because again she would have right, she tried to kill the Stot in New Orleans, and that's where the same thing with this now we're like learning like maybe he wasn't as bad.
Speaker 2: So that's where I'm very cure.
Speaker 1: Same thing, like I'd love to read the book and find out like how similar that is about Claudia, you know, where if she's using or how you know, I won't say evil, but how just kind of twisty she is, which Lu's not always said that, right, Let's say she's more like me than you, And that's where this is coming in. Let's Thot's done the step of shit before. So I was taken aback. I did not think this was the way the scene was going at all. I thought she'd definitely be had, but there'd be something. And then it just ends in this thing of like, hey, where's Madeline And they're kind of like a team, like, hey, yeah, when you were hugging and New Orleans, do you think about that? And that's where she goes, I've been looking for is darkness. No matter where I go, I can't see her. She says, that's the best thing that ever happened in my life. And then they're crying, and that's where again they also realized that in this moment they brought her back selfishly for them, not that they has for Madeline, but like they don't take into account Claudia's life, for Claudia's life even at the end there it's like it's about her Madeline runaway trying to be in love with each other, right or have a life where they just think about, oh, we need to do this to get over our stuff. Who's living and they're like, they're living, she's dead. So that's where I think they both kind of realized the love for Claudia that she had, even who knows the percentages but was probably equal. She probably hated them equally. And now I think Louis expect I think, let's realize this a little bit. But I think Louis realizes that he was maybe using and didn't he looked over Claudia a lot, and let's realizes that. Louis realizes that. I know it's a weird sentence, but that's where it's kind of like a full circle moment for them both. It's fucked up, it's and it's not like a feel good scene about like and don't get around this way. I like this when I said at the previous for the show, I think this is the not the.
Speaker 2: It happens a lot, I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess more Maine in the not independent films or Oscar based stuff like and you know, I'm not saying it's the biggest hit show, but lots of times it's hard to.
Speaker 2: Get mainstream, like getting budget. They could get more, but.
Speaker 1: Still just like things from the film's perspective and them stay relatively the film where this show has done that. This is not a feel good moment for the star of Louis Lastot's killed innocent people in this season just to feed on them. Maybe it's Gabareelle center, but still like it's this thing of there's like you are getting their journey and it's I'm over the hero of thought and this same this moment that would be the hero moment where she comes in like, oh, I forgive you both and we had a great times, like no, fuck you both, fuck you both, Howie burn Hell see you later. I'm second in the darkness, good luck and it's sad. It's sad right, and it's just like there's nothing more they can do, right. And that's when I just tld about the Tay and kirkl the other day, I've said this, uh you know, oh my cast I don't know, but like I I there's all I think most well, I would say all of the ones I remember, all my exes I got a good relationship with, not in the way of like oh we're friends. Hangble Like if I receive them, I'd be like, oh, hey, how's it going.
Speaker 2: Is this your husband? That's your wife? Your kids.
Speaker 1: I've talked of some since then, whether like me and Amien bumped into them or one time like one of their sisters had like they went to the their son had soccer and they came to a game and I saw them and talk a little bit like there's all these times where all these things happen, right, and there's one XO that it did not go well, did not And and I just remember years later bumping in that person, thinking of water on the bridge, So how are you going, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 2: And they just told me to fuck off?
Speaker 1: And you know what, And Granted talked about twenty eleven, twenty twelve, Travis twenty ten drass as kind of an asshole in the early years, I feel like, not not right away, but there's just like a year and like twenty eleven, I just felt like I was the hurt people, hurt people and nothing bad, just like I just just a jerk, right, just like and I could have handled breakups or things better or treated people better as far as like just not being so we all had those, right and I think for me, I was in not the grayest of times because I had like a just a bunch of bad relationships and I think this person kind of like, you know, unfortunately I didn't treat them the best, and you know, they didn't treat them the best either. I feel like, right, I feel like here's the thing and that thing I did this in like one of the retrospectives, I feel like it was a bad timing for us, both that there was a chrisma and we both liked each other. But either way, when the breakup happened, I'm somebody still likes to have water under the bridge, try and figure it out. Didn't then and at that point that it happened, and then that was the first time I really realized I was like, Okay, this might never be It's not a big thing now because it's moved on, got wife, kids, everything, it's fine. You know, we all have those bad breakups or bad relationships where you just end up just not on the same page and like whatever you do, it's just like and it's not like a it's always better even if someone's hurt, where it's like you break off, let's go. It's like, ah, this was hung on for too long and this isn't working, all this type of stuff. And when they said that, it's like, Okay, this is never going to be fixed. And that doesn't like at the time, it's been fine now, but it's like at the time it goes all like ah, like I hate that you don't hate that there's any drama or any ill will towards anybody, but go, okay, maybe that's just the cross they bear, right, and you just have to you have to deal with that, right. And there's time there's a person I wanted to say, but there's a person close to my life that I'll say a family member. That's just the way they've acted my family. No, like, uh, no relationship. I've cut them off everything like that. Though only time I saw them recently was like my dad's seventieth and I'll talk, be nice, but like they've tried to reach out this and go nope, that's you know, this is kind of enough strikes for me. You've done this, see you later, right, And that's the thing where we all have those lines. And that's where I eventually that point. Okay, that's that person's line, whatever it was. And I also consider myself I was younger and kind of an idiot, right, So it's just like you just you just don't Sometimes you just don't.
Speaker 2: You there's so much stuff in the past.
Speaker 1: You go, Okay, I definitely could have you know, acted better, done this, break got that sort of way, that type of stuff, you know, like, but you didn't.
Speaker 2: And that's where it's like, okay, you kind of pay for that, right And again it's.
Speaker 1: Not as big as fucking this Claudia, their daughter, everything like that, but it's like that's where this is kind of that no matter what you want, that's your closure and you got to deal with it, even you would want the whole rainbows and like in my situations, oh how are you going, because I've had that with multiplex, it's like, oh, this is your says your boyfriend. Oh nice, and I see you again, blah blah blah. We're like, oh this, you know that one was not that. That's what this is. You would have loved the whole Claudia, thank you for all the years, but no, it's not that fuck. You both get out here. So they're talking about this like okay, well, I guess it's just like that pretty much closes to the door on that. He says that's over. Uh, and then they sit down and they just like shred all their shields and Luis just they're talking about you know, just life and getting help with this way I said earlier, about like therapy and everything about how they could work on each other and Louisa's are the songs about me? And the thought says, yeah, most of them. I started like tear blow. I was like, oh my, I was steering up. I was like choking, and like, okay.
Speaker 2: Here we go. We're we're getting the lover's back here. And it's just like a good scene.
Speaker 1: You can see them how they've both grown its characters, right, And the thought says, hey, what about the restaurant that's free walks from my house? And he's like he's like, yeah, that was maybe not an accident, right, and then out of nowhere, not out of nowhere, it's pulling up to but lose like, oh it was over us, just us two again, which again that's a good realization. Don't bring a third because anyone loses, not that anyone really want to be around us, but it's this thing of okay, it was just about us.
Speaker 2: It should just be us too.
Speaker 1: What if we got like a trailer park he went through the desert Nevada and Utah and everything, and oh I closed it because I can't remember what the thought says about it, but he says it would be nice right.
Speaker 2: Where is it here?
Speaker 1: But he says, uh, I got the subtitles.
Speaker 2: I don't think I got the subtitles.
Speaker 1: No, I don't so pretty much, just like they're lamenting on what a life could be with the two of them. Now it's just them together, and let'sot, you know, I'm pairful. That would be nice that you know, that would be the dream pretty much, right, And there's this quiet moment and then he looks down and Louis like pinky is on his pinky, much like back in season one when they're watching the opera and Lestatte did that to him and talking about how close they feel together, and it's him again, he's stuck with them through the mother stuff, the Claudia stuff. He kind of had a full circle moment on that it's him initiating this movement. And again that could have happened in the past as well too, but like with this, it's like him in present day doing that.
Speaker 2: It's they got a lot to work on him.
Speaker 1: Maybe they would be very just friends, but still there's that point where they want to be more than just friends, right, and it's it's bubbling up and just realized like, hey, maybe this is these are the versions of each other.
Speaker 2: We could be together. So him rubbing that pinky.
Speaker 1: I think it just means the world to him, right, It is like a They also have a sense of fear of like, well, what does this mean? Like what's gonna happen? But we don't get They got a different fear coming because we don't get to know what's gonna happen. Louis says, Hey, what's creepy drag let's peeping us over there? They look over and as Alex, Alex's djackling mask, the black jacket, leather jacket, and that's like Alex question mark and he lists of his masks. Alse all right, and he's kind of confused, ask is a head nod and tell her a head nod all of sudden, and I'm whispering a little because somebody hasn't seen the episodes. I don't want to overhear me, but I'm watching again. Later their heads come off, them pop off and fall off, fucking like fiber wire wires cut their heads off and they fall.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I had seen some theories about not losing his head, but I didn't think it was gonna go on like this. I think it was gonna be Louis doing it or like losing as well. I didn't think who's gonna be doing it? But still that apps and then they pan out in fucking armand and Daniel all, I got.
Speaker 2: Where where where is my guy? Where's Duane Johnson?
Speaker 1: Where is he? I got to hit him with the both.
Speaker 2: Here chills just as show as a rock is covered in chills already. Geez, Louise, what ending?
Speaker 1: It's an ending where it's like, give me the finale right now.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: The previews showed very little on purpose. I cannot wait for Emily watches because she had no like she hadn't seen any of theories. But let's losing his head because I know some of that happens in the book or like other vampires do. I know he had saw on like a scene with him with the scar, But I thought, okay, if who knows what they could be right, I did nothing that was going on on the this And then what a shot right of their heads on the ground, blood going on the bench, and then their feet beside each other them like dying there any other man?
Speaker 2: What a what a moment?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Crazy?
Speaker 1: I cannot wait, don't know what's gonna happen don't know if it's just them trying to move them the location, if them trying to kill someone's gonna save them. How's it gonna play in the Queen and Nette. There is a lot to do in the finale, but one ending. This show is always, for the most part, done a great job. And that's why I remember binging it so fast. I once I started watching it too, making you I ask you was next this is?
Speaker 2: I think up to.
Speaker 1: The only one that's close to this would probably be the last stop being at the trial, like episode five of season two, We're like, oh, you're ready, you know, and he's gonna go up. There's the first time you've seen them all. That's probably still my favorite one. But uh yeah, mind blown crazy love this episode. Cannot wait for the finale. Fantastic episode.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: So I'll talk, but that don't know when I'll be live or if I'll be live, could be pre recorded. Like I said, I'll do more coverage of the stought on the comic Con. I'll do a ranking episode lots more time, but please let me know what you thought. Any theories. Again, don't try to go too far into the book. Spoils in the future, but uh yeah, we'll be back next week finale, and I promise you it will not be boring.