Speaker 1: Six live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and YouTube. And you know Nick Poliocheanni he's going to be joining us in the studio at Oh no, he's in studio right now. Weren't you supposed to show up at like nine o'clock or something?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you know me, I've been enjoying listening to you from air mix where Stephan is up to this point. And yeah, so I figured since there's an open seat, I might as well.
Speaker 1: Jump in here a little bit early. Do you look all? Do you like all my Fourth of July stuff all day? I Love La? I can't. I'm telling you. He's wearing an I Love La shirt. What is he wearing? A fire?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is from Funko Pop and this was to support the Palisades Fire and the Eating Fire. So this was one of the fundraisers for it. And then you can also see for repping stay Anchored Long Beach for my hometown for the Fourth of July. I mean, you know, I had all the rainbows last month, and then I've gotten all all the patriotism this month. So because we've got big doings coming up, well, you have big doings coming up on Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to get this out of the way. We do.
Speaker 2: That's why I am here. Can you tell them year I'm putting the footing around it.
Speaker 1: My wife asked me, yes, is Nick coming to the Fourth of July party at Chateau lem each year. I tell her, yes, of course Nick is going to be there. Right today, Nick, you tell me no, You're not going to be there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So as you are aware or if you're not aware, it's my tenth wedding anniversary fourteen years with my husband Brian, and I got a really exciting opportunity that came through yesterday. So I will be headed off to Las Vegas to MGM Grand to stay at a skyloft. Now, those open back in two thousand and four, so it's been you know, well over twenty years at this point, but that is the where the pre eminent high rollers stay at the MGM Granded. Well, if I wasn't going to be if I'm going to Vegas, I want to be there. If I want to be here in La Sha Tolmo is the only place to be for the Fourth of July. But if I'm going to have an incredible view of fireworks and not be at your pad, then I definitely want to make sure that I am somewhere else. So and Stephan, you can back me up on this. It's pretty wild, right. It is like the most balling room you can get.
Speaker 4: When he told me, I almost choked because I was like, Dad, were you getting that money?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Yes, I will be, so you will.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you like me enough, if Lamuheada likes me enough, maybe I can instagram live and we can have two you know, dual fireworks things.
Speaker 1: You know that I know You're to be the one to tell her.
Speaker 2: I am going to tell her I were going to text her tonight. Well she's already asleep probably so so.
Speaker 1: We have family in town. You know how that goes? Oh? I do?
Speaker 3: Oh? I do?
Speaker 1: Now Now I feel even worse. When I get home, they'll be a house full.
Speaker 2: Of people and they'll be up and yes, okay, anyway, So I apologize profusely that I will not be there for the epic twenty twenty five edition of Chateau lemo Fourth of July Extravaganza. But you need to make sure that you follow mister Mokelly on YouTube as well as Instagram because he will go live, the team will go live, the family will go live. It is oh yeah, it is where Motown and the Momigos came from. Like this is this is the gathering, and you'll be able to get a little bit of a pink peak behind the curtain to see exactly what a chate limo is. Like it's a beautiful home. His wife is incredibly talented in so many ways.
Speaker 1: But you're trying to oversell it because you're not going to be the no. Well, you know she's not listening.
Speaker 2: She doesn't listen to me. I was like, she doesn't listen to show. She does podcasted, But people think, okay, no she does not listen. No I no, I get it. Neither does Brian. So it's fine anyway. But I'm very excited for this experience. It's something I have been chasing the Skyloffs at MGM Grand for twenty years. So do you gamble little? I don't I do enough to get the freestyle. Let's be real, you must have gambled a lot. Then I was like, no, this one. So if you want to talk about that, and we can, because this is what's up with Nick a little bit early. But if you do the credit card points game. That's exactly how this all came to pass. So Chase Sapphire, which is akin to the Platinum card from Amax, but from Chase. They actually reached out with an incredible deal for me to be able to stay. I mean this, it's about five grand, like five grand all said and done, for the time that I'll be in Vegas and I don't have to pay a penny because I'm using points. So wow, I know, do you want to go with me? Told you, yeah, put me in your suitcases. I will take you. Your wife will.
Speaker 1: Kill me more, You'll kill me too. It's like, wait a minute, you went to Vegas.
Speaker 2: I mean she can come as well, because the thing is there's a show to do. Remember that's okay, though we can do it. We can take it from I would say by coastal, but obviously that doesn't work with Las Vegas, although there is the body of water across the way at Blaggio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean we I guess we could do the sh from Vegas, but then we have to tell everyone the party's off unless we bring the whole.
Speaker 2: We can bring the whole part, as far as I'm concerned. We've got enough room in this thing. I mean, I cannot. I will send you. You can't even imagine this place.
Speaker 1: I've never really It's okay, we need to get Daniel put up some food. Can you look up Daniel?
Speaker 2: Can you look up Skyloft MGM Skyloff, Yes, please, ence if you're around, it's essentially almost like a mini house.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's like a townhouse that's on the Vegas Strip. So it's going to be near four corners if you're familiar at all, Las Vegas Boulevard and Tropicana on the northeast side across from New York, New York, where you can see the Statue of Liberty, and then at the diagonal corner you've got Excalibur, and then you used to have Tropicana, and then you've also got the airport.
Speaker 1: I was on the southeast corner. Can you tell I know Vegas?
Speaker 2: And if the funniest part is in maybe this is something Well before I was in radio, I actually opened the ESPN Zone at New York, New York when I was working for the Walt Disney Company. So it was pretty wild and I was able to be up there in my early twenties. I mean, I was twenty one obviously, but oh wow, I was able to tear it up up with there. So how many nights I'll be there. We get there Thursday night and we will be coming home on Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're doing the whole last weekend. We are doing the whole last weekend. That's the only reason.
Speaker 2: Otherwise we would be at Chateau lemo But this is we're getting out of town.
Speaker 1: Okay. We have pictures now up on the YouTube show where you can see the sky loss. Oh yeah, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: So you can see right across the way that's mandala a bay out the window there and.
Speaker 1: Like you could legit have an actual party there.
Speaker 2: No, you can, like they I literally, as I was sitting here and listening to the interview going on with Merrick ahead of me, I was answering their questions from the concierge about what we would like in our room and things like it's like that kind of a deal. We do so many incredible things here. We are so lucky to be a part of media and radio. But I have never done anything quite like this. So I am over the moon excited. And if you follow me, Nick Poulio o'keanney this week and Nick on Instagram or any social you will definitely be seeing a bit of that. But you're gonna want to make sure that you're following mister mo kelly because that's where all the action is going to be happening at Chateau Limo on Friday. Just don't get arrested, please, I promise. And I don't drink, so that's good.
Speaker 1: You can get arrested for a whole bunch of reasons.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas, and let's be real, in this world in the current time period, you're absolutely cracked.
Speaker 1: I've learned as I've gotten older, it's easier than I thought to get arrested. They're more maybe because you're older and you have more things available. No, that's true. You have more resources. Yeah, more resources you can you can get got real quick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, so I got it. But I'm trying to see. I love the people in the chat room.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Kimberly wanted to know, I should say this is completely off topic, but did you get the can of black olives.
Speaker 1: That she sent you in the mail?
Speaker 2: Kimberly, if you could see his face right now with the reference of black olives like we've already talked about in the chat, so.
Speaker 1: I'll have to check to be very serious. Yeah, the mail around here is messed up because of the way the building is set up. Oh sure, no, I move. They've moved the studio, so our actual mail is on the other side of the floor that most people don't even check. So he could have shown up and we don't even know. No, you're right, I'll check.
Speaker 2: I know where it is anyway, when we come back, when we would come back, when we come back, what's up with Nick?
Speaker 1: For real? Since we've gotten the bad news that he's not coming to Chateau le Mo but he is going on an anniversary tour of Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: I am indeed and I will definitely be trying to figure out who's going to pick me up for an Instagram live with mister mo Kelly and Nick Pouliochini.
Speaker 1: We'll make it happen. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: It's Later with mo Kelly and now let's find out what's up with Nick. We already found out kind of what Nick in the last segment is he's going to Las Vegas celebrate his anniversary. He's not going to be at Chateau le Mo. He's trying to push some taketos off on my note. See this is the funniest part.
Speaker 2: So and it was even good and I didn't bring anything, which sorry, Mark Ronner, You're gonna be by the way, Mark Ronner. I've gotten a lot of requests in the chat room. Can you please wave like next time that you're on the camera. I know that's not your thing, but oh, there you go. Can you just give us a little wave? They want you to interact?
Speaker 1: There we go, see it die.
Speaker 2: The things I do for the moment egos in the chat room, who wants the wave?
Speaker 1: Your fan, Kimberly, your female fan club, Let's see. I was gonna say Kimberly I think was the one. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'd have to scroll back. Okay, but stay clothed. Uh, I mean is that a request? And was like, what what can we elaborate on that? But I just want clarification, that's all. I mean. You can do whatever you want. I mean, as long as it's below the lower third then you're fine. No, no, no, he could do whatever he wants because it's YouTube.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true. You know, it's not like the FCC is going to get us in trouble or whatever. You know, he can go ahead and do a strip. He can do. These are the moments I need to have table dance whatever. I'm not asking. You can't. No, no, you would never ask for such a thing. You would hate that we go. Can you can you show me to this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I was just asking. I didn't really plan on, can Madeline con I'm so tired tired of playing the game. I don't think I could do it as well as you cry and shame. I just I just did. Jimmy swaggered about an hour ago. Whatever, what else do you want? I'm sure not have sinned against you in that southern drawl. Bye, Jimmy, Bye Adyhow thank you? Mark, please proceed? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, I appreciate the permission. I got some housekeeping to do. Real quick, listener, Denny did reach out about last week when I was talking about not it's Berry Farm and Route sixty six. Yes, your former traffic reporter did have a incorrect speak on that. Obviously, it's off of Highway thirty nine Beach Boulevard and Walter not created the ghost town and entertain guests who are waiting to eat at his wife's popular chicken restaurant. And you can still check that out outside of the theme park, so that you can check it out in Wada Park. So there's my redaction, I guess you would say by my correction. But what I want to talk about specifically is everything that we kind of already covered. There's so much happening in the south Land for the fourth of July, which is this Friday, so you have an epic holiday weekend. You'll be sure to tune into caf I Am six forty so that you can catch the Chateau Limau live stream to be able to see all that's going on. But I want to give you what is going on because there's a lot of things with ice raids and with the concerns, there's a lot of things that are not happening this year. So starting out with the bad news and then we'll get to the good news. The events are spaces that will not be having any major things would be Gloria Molina Grand Park in downtown that is actually going to be postponed. Obviously, I don't know they call it postponed, but I don't know how you postpone the fourth.
Speaker 1: Of July, right, You can't postpone it to the eighth. No, correct, It's not going to work that way.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted we do have a holiday weekend, but still I don't know what you're going to postpone it to. And then there's been quite a few changes that are happening, so specif this year the Rose Bowl will be going to drones instead of doing fireworks, and then also the Long Beach Big Bang on the Bay it is the final year of fireworks because that has to do with the Coastal Commission and fireworks being launched into the water. So next year it will very likely be drones at the Long Beach event. And also the Port of Los Angeles no longer does fireworks because of the same reason. Now, what is going on is so much happening in the south land, So starting out in La County, you can start coastal wise. Marina del Rey Fourth of July Fireworks Show. It's a twenty minute fire works extravaganza and you can pretty much see it up and down the coast line realistically from pretty much Sana Monica Venice all the way down to Marina del Ray. But if you aren't tuned into mister mo'kelly, then you're really missing out because if it's anything like all the years previous, when you go live from the fireworks display and when Moe has talked about it, you have no idea when we're in the middle of ingle and checking out this wild experience, like you're up on a hill and you see everything.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely epics.
Speaker 2: So also a Dodger Stadium, if you will be seeing the Dodgers play that night, they will be having a fireworks on top of their drone show, so that's something that's exciting. And then also Hollywood Forever Cemetery. This one is really interesting to me if you've not done Cinyspia and I've talked about it before, but Hollywood Forever Cemetery has a screening of Top Gun for the fourth of July. So you actually will go into the cemetery itself at Hollywood Forever and be among the graves and some of those house some of the most illustrious actors from the past, and they'll be doing a screening up Top Gun and then also fireworks display there, so that's part of the Cinespia series. You can get all the details about this at the Lincoln Bio at this week of a Nick or a Nick Poliochini on Instagram's the easiest, but can you can get to it on any of my socials. Also heading over to Orange County Orange County Fair and Event Center where the OC Fair will be taking place next month, is free Independence Day Community Celebration fireworks show at nine thirty. And this is actually happening strangely enough, and I haven't been able to figure out why it's happening on Thursday the third rather than Friday the fourth, So whatever that case may be. If you want to do something a little bit early, you want to maybe miss some of the crowds, then there's an opportunity for you there.
Speaker 1: Also Doheiny State Beach in Data Point.
Speaker 2: The city is hosting its annual fireworks and flyover fireworks at nine o'clock and that is on Friday, and then Hunting to Beach Pure Fireworks will be taking place. You can also get paid reserve seating there. But the thing that I love about all this stuff usually when we wait until the next break to talk about all the free ninety nine and last call. Almost every single one of these things, if it is not innately free, it has free options for you. So there's so much going on for you to be able to check out. Also, if you're looking for something, maybe up in the Landcaster a Palmdale area, they have a Fourth of July Extravaganza with free entry and fireworks at the Annalyte Valley Fair and Events Center. Also, traditionally Laguna Beach has done fireworks, and according to my sources, they're going to be experimenting with the drone show and then have some fireworks, so it's gonna be a little bit of a mash up there. So there's a lot of stuff going on for you. Also, we always talk about theme parks. Disneyland will have their special Fourth of July Extravaganza that night. Also will be special fireworks at Nottsberry Farm in Buena Park. You may see some additional things happening up in Valencia for six Flags. In fact, I just got to go experience we talked about it last week. I got to go experience Heroes and Villains Fest and it is amazing. The food is delicious, and that runs through the remainder of the month. So we just barely started July, and so you'll be able to check that out. But there's a really great opportunity there for you if you're a huge fan of roller coasters. Six Flags is where it's at up in Valencia, and also if you haven't been there in a minute, they actually turn their entire parking lot into a solar farm, and so you will actually be able to have your car covered, which is kind of nice, Like, it's pretty wild actually to be able to because I don't know if you've done when you were younger and did roller coasters at six Flags, you have a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Guy, Yeah, in my teens and twenties, which was only like, you know, twenty years ago, so your fight it was last century. That's true.
Speaker 2: Literally, no, I got you, I'm tracking, but no, they have everything covered.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 2: So the plan for six Flags that we've talked about it here but is for them to go off grid so that they can completely solar power all the attractions.
Speaker 1: They haven't completely done that yet, if I'd be okay with that if I want to get a roll depending on solar power.
Speaker 2: The funnier part is, at least it's just like you're at home if you do solar at home, so there's gonna be batteries that's gonna be going off of, so there will be a fail safe. But but I feel you, I understand completely. I need a back up, to the backup to the backup. No, I got you so, But yeah, I've got so much more for their July fun to cover for you.
Speaker 1: And that's it for now. I can go to commercial.
Speaker 2: We can go to commercial now if you want. I mean, I need Mark to put on his pants first, you know, I don't think he's ready. Can you put that away?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 3: Why are you breathing so heavy? I'm just I'm scrolling through all the responses that will probably.
Speaker 1: Get me fired here.
Speaker 3: Scrolling scrolling, that's what it's called intense scrolling. Yes, how about if we do the news.
Speaker 1: K if I Am six forty live everywhere on YouTube of the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from k if I Am six forty.
Speaker 1: What's key k if I am six forty is a second and a half or like two and a half. Yeah, let's go with that. Of this weekend, what's up with Nick?
Speaker 2: Kind of a mismash go, yeah, fourth of July, so let's go back to it if you're looking for more activities to go on. And I think that's the thing that I love about Fourth of July. And I know I'm seeing in the chat a lot of people and I don't disagree with you that it is a bit more challenging this year, but it is my wedding anniversary. So for me, you can't get more patriotic than actually getting married on the fourth of July. But hey, that's just me. But there is a lot happening. And yes, Melanie, I was going to get to the San Clemente Peer fireworks and that's actually where my sister and her family and my mom lived down that way, so they'll be enjoying the fireworks display there and that will be happening out on San clement and Peer. Also you'll be able to enjoy in the day to point area already covered the Dohani State Beach where you'll be able to enjoy the Fourth of July fireworks. Looks like it will be about nine o'clock for both of those different displays, which is kind of cool. So especially with that one, and again the Southland, we have a really unique space because you're able to pretty much, depending on where you sit in the County of La or Orange, you're able to pretty much look around. And I know that I've been kind of going through the chat as well. There's a lot of cities that have actually, in fact, I heard that Orange may have brought fireworks back this year. They're trying it. So there were a lot of cities that had outlawed fireworks, and there still are many that do not allow them, but even a couple of them have brought them back this year. So also you've got out in Riverside Evergreen Memorial Historic Cemetery front row fireworks happening. So if you're heading into the Inland Empire or going up the hill into the High Desert Victorville, San Ornandino County Fair Fourth of July Freedom Festival, it is happening up in the High Desert. You also can go out to Ventura Roady Fourth of July Fireworks Show at Ventura College put on by the Rotary Club, and then back down to San Diego Big Bay Boom, San Diego Fourth of July Fireworks that's usually a simulcast between KTLA five here in La and then all so their sister station down that way, so that's one of those ones that you can probably watch from home. Also the thing that I didn't get to, and I'm very disappointed, So I really highly encourage you if you do not have plans this weekend, head down to the San Diego County Fair in Delmar and it's at the Delmar Fairgrounds, North County San Diego. So for those of you that are listening in Orange County Riverside, San Bernardino, LA, much closer than having to drive all the way down for the big Bay Boom situation. But getting to the fair that's right at the water is so incredible to me. They literally have a ferris wheel that is right by the water, so you can't miss.
Speaker 1: What of the kids listen to me? Now I sound really old.
Speaker 2: What all the kids say these days? The vibes are immaculate. So is that what they said that they did at one point? Okay, but that's another opportunity for you to check it out. And then if you want to go all the way down into San Diego, the cort not out of Fourth of July celebration fireworks will be underway, so there's just a lot happening I know it's a really challenging time for a lot of folks around Southern California and around the country, but this is definitely one of those times where I encourage folks to get together and I'll La Chateau Lemo be able to celebrate family and celebrate tradition. It doesn't have to be all the things that you know, this is rough for that is rough. So but yeah, I think that's that's it. There's so much happening. And then obviously I'll be in Vegas and you can check out Nick Pauli o'keanni in this weekend with Nick on social media because I guarantee I will be bringing you some of the fireworks displays. So what happens there in the Las Vegas Valley is they actually shoot the fireworks off from the top of the hotels along Las Vegas Boulevard and they also send them up through Henderson and Summerlin all the areas of the valley there.
Speaker 1: It's really really wild.
Speaker 2: There's so much so it's kind of that whole immersive thing that we have here in LA that happens in Vegas. So you can always head up to Vegas and join me up there. If you don't want to stick around the La County area.
Speaker 1: I got you. I know you do. Well, you're looking at me something you're talking to me in that instance. Yeah, but you got stuff to do.
Speaker 2: You have a beautiful home, and you have an incredible show that will be coming to you from seven to ten this Friday, the fourth of July and Chateau Lem. Be sure to follow mister Mokelly on YouTube, Instagram all the things.
Speaker 1: Now, ask yes Mark if he's going to show up, Mark Ronner? Are you going to show up on Friday?
Speaker 3: I believe somebody has to stay here and do the news. That wasn't the question that I asked you.
Speaker 1: What have you even have you? Have you even inquired?
Speaker 3: Well, there have been other situations here that have led me to believe that we can't spare the personnel.
Speaker 2: No, you need ask make them tell you no. See yeah, Stefan, what are you doing? I'm gonna try to make it out there because I'll be driving all over the cities. Oh see, he's not working here. No, I know, so yes, if you haven't found that out through all the listening to Stephan, he is also one of the illustrious folks that take good care of us around the south Land by Uber right uber a lyft both both?
Speaker 1: Okay, we do both.
Speaker 4: I thought it was just suber Uber's like the main one, but I do both. Yeah, yeah, so I love it.
Speaker 1: So that does that? So you definitely, I definitely want to see the bake off? All right? So have you asked there by six six of the latest because we have to do it before the live show. I know that's right, I remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what is the story or do I not to get to find out since I'm not coming out, Like what's what's the lowdown for Friday?
Speaker 1: What do you want for? You've been before you?
Speaker 2: I no, no, I know that, but I'm like saying, so, who do we have a celebrity host? Do we have a celebrity judge? Do we Is it just you and your illustrious self? Which is fine?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I look, my wife and I have gotten into fights over this because she wants me to do the contest right before I'm getting ready to do a show, right and you know that's not exactly what I'm trying to do because I'm getting ready to do a show.
Speaker 2: I've been there for several.
Speaker 1: Years, you've seen the frick.
Speaker 2: I've seen what happens, and it's wild because that's the only reason. So when you tune in on Friday to Later with Mo Kelly, you'll be able to see what the shenanigans that go down in most home studio as well. Yeah, that's always and that is every modeled it so it's a little bit Okay, now I'm really jealous.
Speaker 1: It's a stand up desk, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh fancy, Okay, you're so ergonomic, how twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I'm just old and I can't sit out all the time. Like I started the show tonight's stand it up. Yeah, that I'm used to.
Speaker 2: But like anyway, if you're following mister mo Kelly on YouTube, you see exactly in fact, somebody who's like, somebody stand up so we can see your shirt because then like these are not conducive now they're not being able to show it off, but we still love you tuning in to mister Kelly on YouTube here on KFI for Later with mo Kelly, and be sure to check out mister Kelly on socials you want to just.
Speaker 1: Hang around for a little bit more. I would love it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to see you on Friday. Yeah, you owe me more of your time. I do owe you more of my time. You are absolutely correct, So I would be more than.
Speaker 1: Happy to KFI AM six forty is live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram, I don't know Facebook, I don't know where we're live tonight. We're just live everywhere. We're live on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: If. I am since forty years later with Mo Kelly live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And I seriously would love to have the whole crew together on Friday. I know it's difficult. I know it's almost impossible. I know Nick is going to Las Vegas. I know that Mark is going to keep giving us excuses this year and next year, the year after that. He just doesn't like being around people. I get listen. The news doesn't anchor itself, okay, And that false sense of importance is not going to make any difference. Okay, you know it. Look, you could be you could be given ten days off by your boss and you still wouldn't come.
Speaker 3: That's not true at all. I would like to be there, but we have important work to do here. See, that's what they call false hustle.
Speaker 1: You give the appearance of caring and trying, but in reality you're not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, after Nick described you and your life arguing, I'm curious to see that that was the draw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta come over every night if you just want to see an argument.
Speaker 1: Shoot, I get I walk in the house and are like thirty five people there, you'll see the argument. Okay, you're getting warmer. This is working. You don't want to see that much real life. Yeah, it can be a stressful time. There's a lot going on that day, a lot open up. Please let's hear more. Okay, well, you have a lot of people getting to the house, and it's not one of those places where it's easy to just drive in. There's limited parking. Oftentimes I'm the one who's running out trying to guide people in. No, you can't park here. You can park out on the street or whatever. All right, when you get to my place and you hit the gate code, it goes to my wife's phone. This is a true story. There are times, for whatever reason, we're having a party and she knows that anyone who's hitting the gatecode is getting to her going to her phone. She either hasn't charged her phone or she's not carrying her phone. Where's your phone? Always upstairs? What do you?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: And then it goes from there. So you're saying that's the tiniest bit irritating. No, it's more than a time. Then, as we get closer to the actual show, and I remind her this is all very true. I'm taking you by the curtain. I remind her that it's still a work day for me. I'm having fun, but it's still under the auspices of doing work. She would have me be like the judge, I should say the MC for the dessert competition. And as I told you and I told Stephen, it's usually starting around six o'clock. In what world am I not preparing for my show, even if it's a fun holiday show for six pm? So my mind is not really on the dessert competition. But she, because we have a house full of people, she wants to put me out there as dog and pony and I perform for the puts on an incredible show. You know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: No, I understand one hundred percent because I've been there enough years now.
Speaker 1: The trade off is after the dessert competition is over, leave me alone so I can do my show. And I do ask everyone who's in the house to come up to the studio so when we begin the show, everyone can hear how many people are there. Stephan, you've done the board, you know the amp. The sound of the ambient noise behind me makes for a better sounding show.
Speaker 4: I love it because when you were in Instagram Live that one I think it was last year. Yeah, it's amazing how many people you fit in that room.
Speaker 1: It is very intimate, I will say, but that's the part of where I would ask my wife, Okay, look, I'm getting ready to do my show, can you bring everyone up At six fifty five? Yeah, it's six point fifty nine, the news break is on Mark Runner's doing his thing, and I got to come down. It's like hello.
Speaker 2: What's even funnier, though, is because most studios on the second floor at their home, and it's almost like a green room outside because there's.
Speaker 1: A couch on landings. It's a it's a lot.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say, so there's like staging and so it's obviously all right, who's going next?
Speaker 1: Where's your mom, where's your sister?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: From segment to segment, but no, but it's like all.
Speaker 2: This and then also it kind of becomes a free for all as the night goes on and espanishally when the fireworks start going and they go you'll hear about the background.
Speaker 1: You will hear in the background, invariably what you don't see. And I'm telling you this so you'll listen for it. People will start drinking earlier in the day or other things, or other things. It is California, indeed, and for whatever reason, they may have a legitimate reason to be interviewed. Some happen to be employees, yes, some happen to be family members. Oh, I've heard some stories. Okay, all right, I like that. So you just you have to listen very closely when I bring people on, because you know, I can't do any of that stuff until after the show. I'm very very partic about that. That's not something I even play with, but not everyone else agrees with that.
Speaker 3: Nothing pleases me more than stories about fellow employees who just get blotto and they're either at a company related party or somehow they wind up on the air while barely a live.
Speaker 1: And maybe it's not. Since it's not their show, they may not feel the same need. And I get that. I get that it's their time to let loose.
Speaker 4: Yes, But at the same time, the other great part or the element to that is when they don't know that you're about to pick them and they're about you know.
Speaker 1: Seven eight drinks I mean, and I might be on the low side because they might have been drinking since maybe three four o'clock and at that point it maybe eight thirty, and you're like, oh, so and so I want you to come on. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: First of all, you have to pay attention to exactly how Stephan's voice went up, so that gives you a key kind of an inside scoop on it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna call name.
Speaker 2: I could name names, I know we can totally no, because yeah, he's He's told me on a break, Hey, I'm bringing someones on.
Speaker 1: Stay close to the dumb button please. He told me that too. Ye be aware, yes, because like step don't don't walk away. Don't walk away just because no, I don't care, don't trust this person. So and it's fun sometimes it's funny. But going back to why my wife and I may disagree in the moment, is because I'm approaching it. Even though it may be a house party for her, is still a workday for me, correct, And I have to make sure that I take care of everything I need to take care of him. And she doesn't have any show related responsibilities, my wife, so that's not her concern. She's entertaining, she's doing her own drinking thing, and so she's having the best time of her life.
Speaker 2: Yea, because she is so much fun to hang out with, especially at this event.
Speaker 1: And I can't just in general, like but just yes, I can't do anything o'clock and then at ten o'clock I can get my drink on. I'm not driving anywhere. It's all good. And it's almost like you're saying that your show doesn't do itself either. What was the word for that? Again, I don't know what you mean. What what? No one knows what you're talking about? An inflated sense of something or other?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh wow, okay, last time I checked it, says later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 1: Not not anything about Mark Ronner.
Speaker 3: So no, no, no, you had some issue with me saying the news doesn't anchor itself. But when it comes to your show, I'll tell you. Since you want to make a serious point, I will make a serious response.
Speaker 1: Yes. The difference is I am available to do my show and I can do it from home. I could have just taken a day off. I took it upon myself to turn it into a work related event to appease all involved. You are not even going to management and even asking well, I don't want to put a problem in their lap. I like to be a low maintenance Well sorry, every one knows you're look. Is that not ever used in conjunction with what now? Why don't you tell a story about you and the long suffering one? Oh, we're out of time.
Speaker 5: If I am sixty, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Let me get serious. As I turned a corner and I wanted to talk about the Diddy trial before the verdict. It's very important. Something I hear, something I see, something I read in response to all this coverage surrounding the Diddy trial is why should I care? That's what I hear from you. You tell me, why should I care? It's just another celebrity? Why should I care? What happens to a rap mogul, and it's a fair question. Honestly, I can't tell you why you should care, but I can tell you why it's important for me to care, and hopefully you'll find something along the way to agree with. Because trials like this one, or Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby or R Kelly, whoever, these trials I think are markers. They're markers for how much or how little we value women. They are markers as to whether we've grown or regressed as a society in taking the claims of sexual assault seriously. That doesn't mean believe all women. That doesn't mean that because someone is accused they are guilty. But it does mean it's a check in to see if we are at least getting better at taking claims seriously and not dismissing them out of hand because that was the general rule. Don't believe women women didn't come forward because oftentimes, oftentimes they were dismissed out of hand, or one celebrity and money were too much to overcome in a media or legal sense, even if the truth was on the woman's side. I care about the Ditty trial because I want to know whether the me too movement was just a moment in time like a fad or did we actually move forward anywhere in any way to any degree? Yes, there was me too. Then the pendulum swung back in the other direction. But where did the pendulum settle? Because if you use that analogy and you know anything about a pendulum, it eventually comes to rest right in the middle. It doesn't necessarily lead to growth, progress or regression. I care about the Diny trial because I care to measure whether we've grown as a society relative to protecting women. And if you know me, I've told you on this show. I've said I do not mistreat women, do not mistreat children, and if you do, either, have a problem with you. I hope we won't have to keep hearing about the powerful abusing women with impunity without consequence. I hope we won't have to keep hearing about powerful men paying off hotels for their hotel security video of those the same powerful men beating women into submission. Maybe, just maybe, this trial will signify a shift away from that. That's why I care about this trial, and I get it. The reflex action is to just disbelieve women and to look away from the disaster they're all gold diggers. They should have come forward years ago. I've heard it all before, but I care about the Diddy trial because Cassie could have been a relative of mine, a friend of mine. Diddy and I started in the music business at the exact same time. We both started in college in Washington, d C. At the exact same time. We are the exact same age age, born the same month. And the best way to help prevent something like Diddy in the future is to address it head on in the here and now. I don't know what the verdicts will be if found guilty. I don't know what Diddy's sentence will be. I do know that Diddy won't be the last to have to answer for his alleged sexual abuse of women. We don't need Diddy to be found guilty for the rest of us to get something out of this. As a society, we can better learn the signs. We can better be aware of someone in our circle suffering something similar. We can be more willing to take the claims of women seriously and not disbelieve them simply because the accused is wealthy and the accuser is not. Because what you don't know someone close to you could be your wife, your sister, mother, aunt, daughter, cousin Paris. The thought probably has a story of sexual abuse or sexual assault that she or they have never shared with you, maybe because of the shame, the shock, or the disbelief that she knows is coming from you. You won't believe her at all, and so she never came forward. I have followed the trial because I want to help it, make it better for them. I better understand them, I can better help them. And I can't tell you why you should care about this Diddy trial, but I can tell you someone you care about in your family cares deeply about the trial because they have their own stories that they've been too afraid to share, but are watching to see how you respond in this moment. So don't let them down. For k if I am six forty, I'm mo Kelly.
Speaker 5: Kaspy and kost HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 1: More stimulating talk