Speaker 1: Time for law and disorder.
Speaker 2: I demand a lawyer with attorney Jeff Kaufman on one oh one one w JRR all.
Speaker 3: Right, we welcome in Jeffkaufin, a partner at Kaufman and Lynd personal Injury firm here in Central Florida. If you or someone you know has been injured in any way, shape or form, and you think you might need to have an attorney get involved, you should at least find out, Hey, does my situation warrant legal representation? And Jeff is a straight up shooter, and it's gonna tell you yes or no. I can help you or know what you have here you could probably deal with on your own.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna save you money in that direction, because if you don't need to hire a lawyer, why would you put other lawyers?
Speaker 1: He'd said, Hello, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need me. Definitely waste to get a hold of him. Jeff at when you need us dot com. His direct email is Jeff at when youneed us dot Com. Pound five four six on your cell is another good way.
Speaker 1: Or just call them. This is the easiest to remember.
Speaker 2: For zero seven frought fry four fry cook four zero seven five hundred, Jeff.
Speaker 1: What's up, Jeff, I'm doing good. Man had Beer Festival this weekend down it with the Orlando Weekly put on a nice little event. We sponsored it. We had some listeners say they ran into you down there. Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Man, it's such a great event. You know, you have like seven seventy brewers giving away free samples. Everyone's uber and in and out.
Speaker 2: It's America. It's great Aria. That is truly America. One of our listeners texted, and you know what his nickname is? Did he tell you now one of the guys ran into Turnpike tugger.
Speaker 1: No, I would have remembered that one. Yeah, I would tell them to stay out of the rest stops. Keep keeps himself a team, keep the truck moving, dude, don't pull up entertained, keep the truck mod a handful. Anything to get the stress out of driving. Guys, you just realized how bad it is. We're not worried about alcohol anymore, worried about something else going into the truck.
Speaker 3: Distracted driving.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't mean to begin on a sour note, but you live in downtown Orlando. The latest tragedy to happen there Halloween night, the hysteria that ensued as this seventeen year old open fire, killing two, injuring multiple others. Refresh our memories again. Here when something like this happens on a public street and there's thousands of people gathered and people are killed or injured. On the legal side of things, how does that.
Speaker 1: Well, you're asking if people can sue that's.
Speaker 3: Is this a situation where somebody bears responsibility? I guess is the question?
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about who really bears responsibility. It's that piece who has been failed by our system and failed by his parents and failed by God. Maybe that he thinks it's a good idea to open Fire's seventeen years old. He will be tried as adult most likely, but that's not going to make the families feel better who lost chiltern, who were just there. I mean everyone says, you know, downtown, it's an interesting place. But at the same time, you know there's no point to what happened. So you're asking, can the city or the police force be responsible for any damage to be done? Now, in issues like this, it has to be simple. Was there enough police presence to protect people? Could they have stopped this incident from happening. Uh. And the answer is there were a lot of There was a high amount of police. The fact is it's such a compact area that that I don't want to say only but if you fired more than seven shots and only hit two people, I mean he killed people, But I mean we're talking about the way that place is packed out, that that could have been a lot worse. And there were police officers walking and I'm there every you know, I go to I go to shows there, I go to Doctor Phillips Center and I live right there, were right there. They did their job. No, I don't think, you know, barring something crazy, you know, these the police force did their job. The city did their job. You can't possibly so you can't put metal detectors on every street. And so I think I think OPD did a fantastic job and we should be grateful they're down there and they're the ones who probably a lot more people would have been dead.
Speaker 3: Do you think do you think the state of emergency that came with the now seven day curfew and restrictions on alcohol sales after midnight for the next seven days is warranted? Or this is a subject kid who can't get alcohol. This has nothing to do about drinking. If this kid was drinking or smoking, he was doing this on his own, which is what we were talking about. He's like, you're now punishing businesses down there, and and everybody who wasn't shooting the place up, yeah, other patrons. Well, what I'm saying is this is that the problem with downtown is this.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a big area, and they have a lot of clubs and a lot of stuff is happening. And I've walked by these clubs and there's no way for police. You'd have to triple or quadruple our budget to make sure the police would be out there at three o'clock in the morning. And that's going to cost you the taxpayer. Well that's got you every bokay taxes.
Speaker 3: Jeff kind of making the same points that we have sort of yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean the hard part about it is is that, you know, it's it's really hard to you know, it's it's an area, it's always been an area. You've been drinking down there. I mean think about you know the bars been opened downtown, Yeah, you know, since since there were since they was selling you know, CBS or Ekers or whatever drug store they had. I'm telling you the uh at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: It's right before we went on the air for this segment, we were talking about it. What a shame when you see the two kids that that died. I see kids. I know one of them's twenty five, ones nineteen, but two kids who lost their lives looked like normal children.
Speaker 1: I do a lot of I do, as you know, I do stand up and I donate all my checks at charity and all that other stuff. But I work at a club right downtown. Sometimes. I've worked that club like probably thirty forty times, and you know, there's a lot of people down there, and a lot of kids are walking back and forth, and it's a place they hang out and do these things, and we do have shootings. And I think the problem is it's not this, but how does a seventeen year old get a gun? Well, and here's the thing, He's not going into a store for it. And there is a solution. There's a solution. When they talk about gun control and everything else like that, I'm a veteran and I believe in people's rights to bear arms and everything like that. But here's the deal.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 1: They have to know if you carry a gun at a certain age, you're gonna be done. We're not going to cut you liniency. We're not going to cut you a brake. Anybody who's caught selling a gun or selling their gun without making sure it goes to the right person. I don't mind registration. I don't mind registering bullets. Chris Rock said it the best. We should register the damn bullets. I mean, I have my own gun, but you know I'm a responsible gun owner. Two, So you have to be. You shouldn't be able to just walk in. I like the way of periods and I support the idea. But somehow this kid and whoever got this kid, any gun that's you by somebody else in a crime should be a felony against you too because you didn't secure it.
Speaker 3: Yep, we have some listener questions coming in this morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, can a law firm just put you totally on the back burner and ignore your calls after your lawyer quits the quits their firm.
Speaker 3: We hear these non responsive questions all the time.
Speaker 1: This is an accident and injury case. Well, this does happen, and it is sad yes, there are some people who do not respond calls. For example, my firm, we don't only you don't only deal with the person who is on your case or the attorney on your case, the paralegal. We actually have a client services department where you get a call every three to four months no matter what, and somebody outside your case who reviews what's going on and gives you new updates on it. But in a situation like this, some places are too big and they know it. And I remember owning a firm that had five hundred people in it, and you have to hire thirty new pair of legals every month, twenty new attorneys every month to make up for the attorneys that are coming in and out. And you can only get so much quality when you have to hire twenty thirty attorneys when you're that big. Yeah, there's the fact is this when it comes to a business, the minute you get over one hundred people, it's really impossible to guarantee good service because you are constantly having to hire. You can't everyone can't be all an all star, so you have to hire people who are just seat warmers, and those seat warmers are the ones that will screw up your business. And so that's why I started over and I said we're locked in at twenty to thirty because once you hit fifty, you know that that's when you start getting attorneys not returning phone calls.
Speaker 2: That's a great point for that for that guy who texted in reach out to Jeff, Jeff at when you need us dot com because there was a personal injury case case. Again, Jeff at when you need us dot com for the lawyer for lawyers, Well it was one of us. No, it wasn't you good living in an apartment here? Cockroach is overrunning our place. Not exaggerating. We see fifty seventy five roaches every day. We're also getting sick. Can we break our lease without penalty because of this?
Speaker 3: Can I add something else to this because I have a similar question. This is an international story, but it deals with roaches. This woman, same situation over in England, lives in her place that she's running roach infested. She ended up having to be treated when a roach crawled in her ear while she was asleep. Wants to know isn't that a typical horror story? If the late egg, does she have eggs? Does she have grounds to be compensated by her landlord.
Speaker 1: While I have a degree in comparative law, I don't England has weird laws. I don't know what they're covered. But in this country, if he's on notice, he's responsible. Now as far as what a listener's which a listener's question is, and listener was asking about, can they get out of the lease and four them? They do nothing about it? Basically what they do is what it's called a constructive eviction. It means that you are not able to get quiet, enjoyment of your property and you can leave eventually. But give that. If they have noticed and they just refuse to do something about it, you know, you do have an argument. Now they're gonna say, well, you know, it wasn't that big a deal, but I think having your house overrun with roaches. But also, you got to look at your lease. And I keep telling everybody this, look at the lease and see who's responsible for things like pest control and things like that. If it's on you, then you're the one who's got to do it. Man, Listen, you got to read your lease. Don't let just sign stuff because you're lucky. All right, Do we have time for one real, real quick, Okay.
Speaker 2: For Jeff, I have an old man that keeps walking up into my driveway and carport and his neighbor's places. I've asked him several times not to, but he still does. What kind of do And I understand what they're coming from because injury reasons. First off, you can he's trespassing. If this is not public property, he's coming board you contact, call the police. If he's not all this way, if he's if he's if he's email, he's got dementia, he's got something else like that.
Speaker 1: You know, you need to protect people like that. And who's ever responsible for him, his guardian or something else is responsible because if he gets hit by a car, if he walks down the traffic he can kill somebody, or if he loses his faculties and fights. I mean I deal with this a lot because you know, I worry about my son's future. I worry about everyone else when it comes to this stuff. Who's ever responsible needs to be taking care of him if he if nobody's responsible and he's just coming into your property, contact the police, get him trespassed, because he shouldn't be doing that because sooner or later something bad is going to happen either to him or to somebody else, and we had notice. Yeah, let's take care of it. Well we can't.
Speaker 3: Jeff Coaufman from Coaufmin and Lynd. You can reach out to him anytime. Taco Bob the numbers again.
Speaker 2: Jeff at when you need US dot Com? Is that direct email? That's Jeff at When you need us, need US dot Com? Pound five four six on your cell or four zero seven five hundred jet.
Speaker 1: Anything else you need to get out there, jet nothing, Just feeling good. People, Take care of yourself and be aware of your situation, all right.
Speaker 3: Lynchin Talker's commercial free workday rock Block coming up next.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jeff Lynchin. Taco on demand download the iHeartRadio app