Speaker 1: Saven and Skin Show ninety some point one the Egle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Right now, I want to give away some tickets to b FD May twenty fifth, dose Eki's Pavilion got a little something for you. If you're listening to the show earlier, you're gonna have a chance to win these we We're gonna use the talkback feature on the app with your name, your phone number, your email address. And Ben was describing a certain situation that happened to him today and he described it as blank law. It's kind of along the lines of bird law or man law, but it's blank law because of what he was doing near the park. If you know what it is, be the first person to leave that message with your name, your phone number, your email address, and you will win those tickets to b FD headlined by Marilyn Manson and Schfeldt's going to be really fun. Go win you some tickets, man, Come on, do that thing. Are wild changes coming to the game of basketball in the NBA. We'll talk about that around the sports in thirty minutes or so, but right now it's time for this juicy news. Hot God stay on top in the shovel. Before we get to some stuff happening tonight, let's talk about last night. One member of the show went to an award show, not just to go see awards because she was nominated.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, I was nominated, Thank you, Katie. Just got over my hangover about an hour ago.
Speaker 1: Oh no, how hard you go? Way too hard. You were wearing your fancy coat because I saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I did, yeah, yeah, and I was afraid it was going to get wet, but it didn't rain until after when we were leaving.
Speaker 1: But it was really fun. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: So it was right next to the studio, and again it was free. So if people want to go next year, definitely just go up there because they have performances in between, kind of like the Grammys.
Speaker 1: I wish to say they as the Dallas Entertainment Awards. Oh I'm sorry. Was there any performances that stood out to you?
Speaker 2: I should remember his name. There was a gay country musician and uh, well, he came out with like a sparkly shirt and he had a great voice.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. He's the only gay country musician.
Speaker 2: I wish I could remember his name, but again, I was drinking a lot. But it was a really cool event and my mom even bought a special outfit to come out to that event with us. Very very sweet.
Speaker 1: And did she drag something out of there? No, she didn't. She wouldn't have because to it nominated for an award was taken. Yeah, and oh no I meant an award. Yeah, no, no awards.
Speaker 2: But the award was cool because it was just a statue of the ball.
Speaker 1: But like as an awards, Okay, that is good.
Speaker 2: Reunion ball, yes, the Union Tower cool, so Union Towers the award.
Speaker 1: Christina had not one but two noms and lost them. Booth and we do you want to trash? Well, I don't want to trash anyone. Let's see who she's gonna Let's let's see here. No, because for us as the show, uh huh, we were not nominated. So they just singled out Christina. Uh best radio host and your winner was Jessica Waffles, Oh Waffles from KXT. The best radio show again, which we were not nominated for was the Homegrown Music Show with Waffles. Now, Christina, when they were handing out these awards or doing these awards, was there they kind of going into a certain order like, did you know you were up? Did they mention like it is on the traditional award shows, or they go through the nominees, did the did the camera pan to your face?
Speaker 2: There were no cameras, thankfully, I probably wouldn't drank so much if there were, And uh, they did. I kind of say it once the two percenters we go up there, they would just go through, Hey, we're about to go through all of these and so they would do like the first kind of big award first and then they would have the person come up there give a quick speech, and then they would just rally through all the rest.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. I sent an email to the Dallas Entertainment Awards this morning, oh really, knowing that Christina was in attendance last night and had two knombs, and I wanted to see if they would send me the winners list and about I kid you not an hour ago they did send it to me, so I got a spreadsheet with all the winners the song of the year. It was a bit of a combination platter by our friends Cure for Paranoia, we them Grays in the institute. The reason I brought this up is because Cure for Paranoia is on the soundtrack for the great movie s House. Yes. S stands for poop, but it's s yes, And that song is a certified heater. That movie directed and started in by Skins and nephew nephew Cooper. By the way, I just saw this. If you wanted a lot of Cooper a Cooper on the timeline, If you want to go watch all eight episodes of Halan Harper, it's on the Sundance website right now. I saw he's promoting that, and I just I want to wait, like, I don't want to watch it now because it's gonna get picked up by someone right eventually. I want to wait. Yes, you know what, I want to do it that way. It's way cooler. Yeah, I mean she's at Sundance. That's yeah, awesome. But what if you click the Netflix button or something and it's like, you know, they want to feel that. I don't know why I feel you, but but we them Gray's you know, was in the song with Cure for Paranoia that won Best Song and with them Grays is maybe there are our enemy today. No, no, no, I'm a huge fan of these people. Okay, but if you're such a big fan, Why did you vote for them instead of Oatmeal Pizza? Because they won for Best Tribute Act. So the reason I voted for them to win an award? Dude, Well, I thought Christina was gonna win Best DJ and so I voted for with them Grays because Quentin Gray is a member of wasa Fiery Ah. Yes produced their first record a co producer that we released on our record label, Skylark Soul Company. So we them Grays? Are they do? They do Disney songs. They do a Disney presentation each year and it's uh, it's gotten bigger every year because they're young. They're younger than y'all. So they're a family. It's Quinton kJ and I think her name is Kiera J. Gray. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And he's a bass player, bass player winner, Oh he won Best bass Player and he's so And did Quentin win Best keyboard Player? No? I don't think so, I had it right here? Okay, sorry, best would have would have been on her best penist. Maybe Best Pianists went to Poppy Xander of the Polyphonic Spree. Oh cool, yeah, kJ for a basis right on. But anyways, they're they're great, They're super talented and I do not think they're better than oatmeal pizza. Okay, I wondering what how you're gonna get out of that? Yeah? Do they do? Uh? What do they do? Do they do? Like? You know? Bear Necessities? Are they doing? Like?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think it's more because of the age they're at. I've never seen the presentation. I've heard people say how great it is. I think it's the movies you guys grew up with. Probably World. Oh wait, I thought Bear Necessities was like from the sixties. It's the But is that not what that is? Yeah? Oh, but they remade the Jungle a Little Mermaid was nine. Okay, I think it's that stuff. Like, dude, I'm talking out my ass here. I can tell you Quentin is a phenomenal keyboard player. I believe it. Improv guy. Other winners that that I would like to mention here because they sent a whole list album of the year Larry g who is going through a bit of a sickness. I believe, Oh Larry coming down with something. Yeah, he's a lovely man, he is, and he's a very good performer. He did I could have that wrong near mind. Uh. He did a song that I'm convinced that. I wish I could know him and ask him. But I think our friend Dick Valentine from Electric six is the background vocals for that Larry G song. Okay, someone.
Speaker 2: Right after we left, there was another performance and she performed gay bar by E six and I had a few friends send that to me.
Speaker 1: I was like, dang it, we literally just left. Okay. So best comedian Roquel Blake, Best magician Confetti Eddie O. That guy's great man, Pedty Eddie one, Confetti ed Uh Skin. Best drag queen may Mae Graves, I haven't met her him, Best drag king Buck Wilde Dope. I have a question for our friends out there they're listening that do drag uh listen to the Eagle when we do our pronouns? Do we do him or her? Or they? Them?
Speaker 2: They? Them?
Speaker 1: Oh? They them they them they them boys. Isn't that what they hey? Cowboy fans? They then boys. I don't know. Best record label state Fair Records. Oh see, that's the one I'm angry about. Best visual artist collaborator Jeremy Bigger's friend at the show. Oh yes, yes, I love Jeremy. Best radio station, The Eagle got the Cheft this year, cano In takes the win there all right, best Blog, Art and Culture book, d Magazine Front Run. It's fantastic. Hey, good job Tim Rodgers, he finally won something. Yeah. Uh, Lifetime Achievement Award Stevie Ray Vaughan. Jeffrey Lyles, oh oh yeah, runs the Kessler correct. He is the man responsible for booking Nirvana Trees. If you've ever seen that legendary story where they had to run out of there because it's secure, guard turned on Kirk Cobain and started punching him and they had and and then after sound check, Uh, Kurt Cobain left and got Heroin. It's a wild ass story. Jeff Lyles is responsible for that. He is responsible for Edie Raquel and the New Bohemians getting their record deal. He re got the profit bar going in the early eighties to relaunch Deep Elem as an entertainment district after it had been a warehouse district for decades. I could go on and on and on about the history of Jeff Lyles and he still has bad asteroids. Yeah, what a beast. He's a beast. He's a legend. Best rock act king clam Okay, they got proud Kevin is to say that how much Clam can a cream? I personally would have picked Queens of the Stone Age, but that's fine. I'm sure King Clam is great. Best punk act the Wee Beasties. That's a didn't group pretty right. Uh, I'm sorry I should know, but I know.
Speaker 2: Toxic Madness they played at Eagle Longcore nominating they won.
Speaker 1: They won Best Metal Act, Toxic Madness. Very excited for them. Best record store Josie Records. Fantastic which location? It just says Josie Records. I want to send you that last night, sorry, skin, Yeah, the best? What else? I wanted to mention Best local basketball team, the maver Maves, I didn't quite get there. Uh. DJ Sober wins Best Vinyl DJ all right, Uh so you know, it's a lot, it's a lot of stuff, a lot of friends up. They're winning in Christina. Thank you for being nominated on behalf of the entire station at art. Thank you for being nominated for Best Tribute Actor note Mill Pizza, and for Best Radio Show Host. Thanks to whoever nominated me. It was really fun. The people did Best Radio Host, I guess thank you, all right, good job Katie, do we want to quickly hit what's going on tonight over on lone Star. Oh my god, yeah, let's do that. Let's do that, so he's out ahead of sports as well. There's something big happening tonight. There's two big things happening tonight that I do want to talk about for a minute. All right, we'll do those next, and then we'll get into a quick little sports topic for you. It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle