Speaker 1: Phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. We want to be on the show. That's that's how we'll do that today. All right, coming up, we are going to chat with Senator budd because you know there normally we just chat with him like once a month. But when did we talk to him last? Just a couple of weeks ago, right, So that's good because Lord knows, there's more than enough going on up in Washington, DC, and it's quite I'm sorry, I was trying to open this headline I just saw on the New York Post this morning that I sent to myself, and then I didn't know before the show. So bear with me, all right, And this is really what I want to chat with the Senator about a few other things as well. But the headline on the front of the New York Post short term pain. All right. This is an article by Charles Gass Spirriino. It says, ignore the stock market, Wall Street dealing with painful detox from government spending addiction. There's a lot going on here. Obviously yesterday, what did the Dow lose nine hundred points? That makes a lot of people nervous. But you know, the article basically argues that you're having not just a course correction of Wall Street, which was essentially buffered by the last administration. In fact, I think the total additional spending just in the final let's see what was it here. I want to make sure I'm accurate so that people have accurate information during the final quarter of the Biden administration excuse me, a final six months, so basically the campaign and then post you know, because what was the campaign three months total? Really from you know, from that awful debate to Harris getting there, Biden injected about two hundred and fifty billion into the economy. That's that's in addition to whatever you know, what was budgeted spending and stuff like that. It was a combination of additional bills and then redirected moneies the executive order, all trying to essentially buy Harris the seat. Well, it didn't work, and it has long term effects, right, it continues to create you know, inflation. So yeah, the argument is, and this is something that we've talked about here on the show, and I think Trump needs to do a better job of right instead of running around screaming tariff, which is not wrong on the way that other countries treat us. But course, correcting all of this and also attempting to as much as possible minimize the federal government means right sizing the federal government. It's I mean, it's pure corporate mindset. But what would you expect. Trump's a corporate guy. But you know, if you're ever going to get to the point where you're able to change the very funding mechanism of the federal government, not just shrink it, but fundamentally change it like it used to be before the federal income tax, where the where the US government's needs were met by tariffs. It was a big chunk of it, and then there were other things. But you know, it wasn't a big federal income tax, it wasn't a crippling business taxes. It wasn't regulations that tether and stemy, you know, different things that entrepreneurs were able to do in this country. And you know that's where Trump's mindset at. And you know, the further you get away from that, the more kicking and screaming, there's going to be right because you're also going to have businesses that are going to have to figure out how they're going to deal with not having fat federal government contracts for a bunch of stuff that the federal government's not doing anymore, not being able to, uh, you know, get regulation in there. One of the most onerous things that you see is you see groups that ban together like you know. One of the things that I was insane to me is the when Tesla wanted to sell direct to consumer, they couldn't do it in a lot of states because the dealer associations had essentially and not just them, but also lawmakers with the dealer associations did lobb before this. They essentially created laws in states like North Carolina and others which eventually had to be tweaked or changed that basically said, unless you have a dealer on the ground, like a full brick and mortar operation there at a certain size, you can't just sell your vehicles into the market and bypass dealers. Well why the hell not that I remember seeing that, I remember way back in the day. You know why, because Tesla was very smart. This is going back over a decade. They set out press releases to all of us in the media and said, hey, you guys want to ride in one of these? And then they brought the really really fast one to Raleigh, and they did this across the state. They brought the really fast one to Raleigh and they brought the damn thing to the radio station. Bros. Did you I can't remember this. This might even predate you. I think it was right when the show started and they brought the two models to the radio station.
Speaker 2: Did you get in on that apps before my time? I don't recall that at all.
Speaker 1: Dude, the the the app, the acceleration in that thing. The I can't remember what the first Fast model was. Yeah, it's like super fast. It's crazy. It's like you know what it feels. It feels like a roller coaster taken off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's no engine, right, so it just sort of there's not a gas so it's like a remote control car. When you you push the sticks forward, it picks off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's actually, like I think there's three engines on their Fast model, you know obviously along the wheelbase there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's just crazy to think it was just crazy, and it was. It was really smart. They get a lot of coverage, They get a lot of coverage on that issue, and it forced change and it's it's a thousand things like that where it's protectionism through the use of overregulation, and every time you pull a little away from that, you're going to have companies that may have been benefiting going well, maybe now's the time to correct on some of these things that have you know, you know, maybe it's time to take some gains. And so as you get enough people taking gains, you see what you get here.
Speaker 2: It's a tough thing for Trump though, because how does he come out and say, hey, the whole system is built in house of cards like this goes back to like Ron Paul and Ross Perro before him. This has been happening, like you know, coming for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can all of those threads simultaneously, there's going to be disorder.
Speaker 2: You think Trump should pull like a Ross pro like back in the day. And just remember I remember, like, like, look at this old dude on my TV a little charts and the.
Speaker 1: Yeah he bought he bought prime time time. I can remember. It was a half hour an hour and then basically did a PowerPoint presentation. It was pretty crazy, but it was it was pretty effective too.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if people would see that, like you know, in twenty twenty five and be like, because they sort of yawned at it back in the nineties, I can't imagine they would. They probably do the same now even I.
Speaker 1: Think they yawned at it until that next election, right right as soon as like how do we get to Clinton? What happened? And then you know, that became the narrative, and then I think more and more people, you know, it's like everything else where people you know, like remember George Bush was literally Satan and now he's just he's fine with everybody. Right. It's just, you know, things fundamentally change as you see things play out or not play out the people have predicted. It's why you guys listen to this show. Ross and I are psychic. How many psychic breakthroughs have we had on this show? And so people go, oh, these guys know what they're talking about, because literally they have the gift of foresight so or or or we have the gift of common sense.
Speaker 2: It's what I was personally. I drink the juice from the magic eight ball. That's what I did.
Speaker 1: Why have you been promoting Well, I'm just saying, did you buy a bunch of eight balls or something? And now you have to offload them? So you're having to create demand. Is it like a is this a marketing.
Speaker 2: Thing built in a house of eight balls?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, you could take that two different ways. So I'm just saying you should specify magic eight balls or the you know, the DEA is going to kick in your door there. So so look, it's interesting, Well we'll talk to the senator about it, because you know, the left has to has to be like God, the whole thing's, the whole system's collapsing, and so you got to get us back in there so we can essentially bring the spending levels back and get all these mngos back and people who are sitting there and they're looking at a four oh one that they don't like. That's pretty tempting, even though it's it's kind of insane. Right, if you think fundamentally they're making progress and deconstructing this beast, this owner is beast, then you have to also avoid the you know, the cell cell cell screen, the sky, the chicken little mentality, especially when you're gonna have half the country who will weaponize that lie to you too for political gain and to defeat their enemies, rather than having honest discussion, which is why Trump needs to do a good job of explaining this if he's going to do this thing, Okay, all right, six sixteen CaCO Day Radio program. Hey, Ross, I got you a new book, Buddy, got you a new book. But I saw this yesterday, thought of you, and I'm like, you know Ross Ross Lake's books. He was really that, my Antifa lover. You're a big fan of that. I don't know any other books that you like, but this one right here. Dylan Mulvaney's new memoir is out.
Speaker 2: I heard that he's going to be on the View.
Speaker 1: When I thought he was just on the view. So well, he's he's doing the big book tour now. So yeah, his new memoir Paper Doll Notes from a late bloomer. Oh my gosh, I just tried to read a review of this thing this morning. Chapter one. You ready, genital tucking, So we got that. You gonna? Are you gonna? ROSSI? You're sitting down, by the way, you're sitting down? Yeah, all right, you gotta sit down a whole lot, put the magic eight balls down, get a good grip on something. Okay, you're ready. This is really important. Dylan mulvaney, theater kid. Really yeah, I see that.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, yeah, Like half the book is just about how Dylan mulvaney when he was three, was like, I love the theater. I'm gonna be a theater boy and then a theater girl.
Speaker 2: Is there a chapter in destroying a billion dollar company?
Speaker 1: Uh? So? In the memoir there is one reference to quote generic beer brand probably probably his bud light is like you could never utter our name again. You cannot buy what at the bar? Do not be photographed in the quick trip or the you know the sheets next to the you know the beer cave over there, now.
Speaker 2: You joke, But that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what happened, absolutely, absolutely one hundred. All right, So we'll give you a little more on that because I know you all are very interested in what may be going on in that Alex Jones is going to have himself a day. I'll explain why, probably more than a day, although although I'm really trying to find details on it's very tragic story. But well i'll explain next. Let's go ahead and take a break six eighteen hang on case O Day Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So like I mentioned, coming up eight oh five, Well, we'll chat with Senator Budd. The Trump Education Apartment has announce sixty more universities under scrutiny over anti Semitism. They are not messing around here. And you know, you got you gotta a bunch of the much more progressive ones like Wellesley, and obviously you have the I think it's six of the eight IVY leagues now, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale are all on there. You got Rutgers, you got Swathmore, Lehigh, I mean just and and they're just getting started here. And you saw what they did with Columbia there, So you know how the university is going to react to this is going to be quite fascinating because what they what did they nick Columbia for the other day? What was it? About four hundred million? I think total it was two hundred and fifty plus one hundred and then like forty they had like three different things, so about four hundred million basically grants and contracts. And of course they're gonna they're gonna assume. But when you have months, months long jew hating demonstrations, literal people who claim to be Hamas adjacent and are promoting Hamas, which is a terrorist organization, which is why they ice got that grab that dude, right, It is expressly illegal if you are it should I mean, frankly, you know, if you're a citizen, that we can have another discussion. But if you are somebody who is here with a temporary visa or work permit, or a student a student permit like this guy was, and you are promoting or I don't remember exactly how it reads, but basically, if you're promoting a terrorist organization, we literally have a statute that says we're throwing you out of the country, right, because we don't want people coming here and promoting terror terrorist stuff, and those are designated terrorist organizations. You don't get to do that, not as a non citizen. And it's not even it's not some random thing that Trump just thought of. It's literally a law that precedes him from by quite some time. They just used it. They're just doing a much better job. See, this is the thing. When you create this behemoth that this federal government is. Now the Trump administration is going in there and finding all of these laws and all of these things, and they're just flipping them on you. Did you see that they put an update on the CBP one app ross, you know, the app where people could download it on their phone and then it requests asylum from anywhere in the world, right, And I don't know how that was legal. So you know what that app does now if you open it, if you download it, it just has one button, and that says deport me or send me home. As think it's what it says in a bunch of different languages. So you just hope to the app if you hit it, then, like I used to come get you, I guess, all right. So one of the so Matt Groening, of course, is the is one of the Simpsons, right, the Simpsons creator and his his like buddy going back to when they did this is Rick POLIESI all right, so I misunderstood here. So it's the other dude who had it. It doesn't matter, all right. So so obviously they got big spreads in Los Angeles, right and uh, twenty five years ago, uh police, he commissioned on his property in Los Angeles, and you know one of these big ass trees, an actual replica of the Simpsons treehouse, right, And so it's it's spot on. It looks exactly like and you know the treehouse from Treehouse of Horrors and all the episodes, and it's the big version with like the multiple levels, and it is absolutely one hundred percent it. And for twenty five years he's had this and also on Halloween. Around Halloween, he actually opens his property for an event called Boney Island, and so they have he's got like, he's got a bunch of stuff like this, and so for twenty five years he's been doing. It's very popular. The city of Los Angeles informed him that he has to take the tree house down because it doesn't meet the accessory dwelling unit laws that they just updated. We're talking about regulation here. So this thing's been there for twenty five years, and so this dude has tripped over themselves to meet the requirements over that time. But now they're saying he doesn't he doesn't have a permit, even though the permit didn't exist at the time, because like they didn't even Los Angeles wasn't crazy enough that you needed treehouse permits, but now you do need and your treehouse permit is forty thousand dollars. And he's just like and he would have to tear it down and rebuild it.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's gonna have to build a real life bender to take vengeance.
Speaker 1: It also has to be eighty a compliant.
Speaker 2: Okay, find a giant eighty eight compliant bender. Okay, he's a Futurama guy too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, how do you how do you make a treehouse eighty eight compliant?
Speaker 2: He's gotta have an elevator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But like so if you have so, if you have a property in Los Angeles and you build a treehouse for your kids, you have to build an elevator into it? What is wrong with I mean, this is why I pair this story with the Trump discussion. This is the insanity that people are kicking and screaming, going on, oh oh my future. Oh I can't believe he's doing this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You have certain people on the other side and saying, no, we need more of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah you know what you know, would kids regulate? Be harder? Daddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't stop this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yoh yo, you built your tell you built your kid a tree house like normal people have done forever. I had I had a tree Roussei, you have a tree.
Speaker 2: House, I know, but I had a tree full of these apples. I would fall the little stupid oh little crab apple crab apples. I'd have to rake those up. And I hated it.
Speaker 1: Oh it was the worst. If they got bushy too, Oh my god, no, it's just the worst.
Speaker 2: So I kind of had a tree house.
Speaker 1: M yeah, yeah, not really. Now my tree house was a little different. It's it was an elevated hunting blind because of course.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it was eighty eight complaint.
Speaker 1: No it was no, no, my good no it wasn't. But in Wyoming they don't do that stuff. So, I mean, sure they have ada compliance, but they're down to some insane that, yeah you need one in your kid's treehouse. A bunch of losers? Man, what is this? Although over a twenty five year run, the city had previously shut down the treehouse on multiple occasions, including back in twenty seventeen when a lawsuit was filed after police say that they received complaints from neighbors. Well, I'm sure you got busy bodies just coming out your behind over there. Wow. So he initially told him, f you, I'm not going to put an out. I'm not going to put a giant wheelchair ramp, and I'm not going to do this, and they filed a criminal pre trial motion against him, and he finally thrown his hands up in there and said, I'm not going to do this. I'm not going to discingland up to be fifty thousand dollars just to update. Then I have to pay a forty thousand dollars permit. Yeah, you know, obviously without big government out there regulating twenty five year old Simpsons themed treehouses is absolute lunatics, man, absolute Was that a tree in La fake news? Now I'm looking at him. Yeah, all right, he's in Sherman Oaks, So now it's got Oaks on the name. It's okay, all right? So boy, where do I want to I want to kick off after that, Oh, just real quick, and then I just want to add one thing on the stock market thing, and then I'll get back to those other stories. Using the stock market, though, what's going out with the stock market right now? To dictate how things are going financially, you have to divorce yourself with that because remember when things Remember when the stock market was blowing up, and yes, everything was more expensive for you, and inflation was running rampant. And remember how disconnected the stock market appeared to be from the actual reality on the ground because it was being artificially manipulated clearly with the objections of cash and and and companies just you know, just rolling around into like you know, pigs and poop. So don't use it now. If you don't think it was real, then use other indicators that you feel were better indicators for that. It's it's going on in your financial life.
Speaker 2: It's difficult though, because it's like a balancing act because rates are going to go down, inflation is going to go down, prices are going to down. But then you look at your furrow one k and you're like, oh my god, right.
Speaker 1: This is so. So take everything with a grain of salt, is what I'm saying, and try to use better indicator and prepare for it, right, you know, talk to talk to one of the financial guys that I recommend on either of these stations there. But you know, they're good folks out there that can help walk you through this if you need those answers. So, but don't don't allow somebody screaming on MSNBC that her four one's down in yours is two and it's the end of the world. And Trump's destroyed the economy. They're they're using you, they're not being honest with you, and and and it will leave you the inability to evaluate when Trump does do something that maybe he shouldn't do, or does something that he should that you don't see immediate impact. Uh with So just just don't, you know, don't don't be let around like a uh a bull with a nose ring man. Okay, all right, very good, all right, So going back to this Dylan mulvaney thing. Uh so, Uh, Dylan Mulvaney's got a new memoir out, and you guys are all rushing to uh to get this entitled paper doll Notes from a late Bloomer. And I just read a review on this thing, and I was just going to ignore it. But it's just so insanely stupid because it's again for women. I don't know how incredibly insulting this must be for you, but like I feel it, I feel it every time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. It's two hundred and sixty three pages and a study in narcissism and it and it is clear it is you know what it is. It should be called theater kid, because from what I'm reading here, that's what it is. The majority of the book follows Mulvaney's experience as a three year old who saw a stage performance of The Grinch and says, quote from then on, the only thing I could think about was being on the stage. Eventually I went from it boy to it girl. And then there's chapters on coming out, gay, the non binary, and then trans and and then it's basically just celebrity name drop stories and hey, do you know who mulvaney hangs out out with? You know who one of my Mannie's besties is, which is actually saying something that Rachel Zegler chick apparently. And Josh Grobin, who I don't is Josh Robin putting music out anymore? What was Grobin's big hit back in the day, still doing music radio whenever that came out? But no, no, I just want to share one other thing with you, because I didn't, ladies, I didn't realize you did this. Oh and did you know Malvany was on Prices right? But as a boy, not as a girl. Okay, apparently apparently did not do well, I guess, But no, no, no, this is the part that Okay, here we go. All right, ladies, I need to know if this is a thing, because I kind of want this to be a thing, and I've seen some videos where this is a thing, but I don't know if it's a thing for everybody. So there's a chapter called best Friend bad right, And this is in the middle of all the things that now makes Mulvania girl uh And talks about hanging out with the galpal Lily and said that they do what normal we do. Know what normal women do.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: We we find ways to relax and uh and and talk to each other. In fact, we do what are called best friend baths. And goes on to explain that this is a it is a common practice among women who get together in a whirlpool quote, spinning our bodies around the jacuzzie like slick otters, naked but in the least sexual way possible. Is that happening, ladies? Is that what you guys, is that what you guys do in the bathroom when you're in there for that long you guys get you get all naked in the jacuzzi and then spin around like slick otters, but in a non sexual way. I did not know Ross, did you know this? Did you know this is what the No?
Speaker 2: I know about the pillow fights, but I was in the chacuzzi thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, with the shirt you get the short the midriff shirt, the panties and then the pillow.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest here, I was completely oblivious.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, uh yeah, best friend, Baz. I mean, I I this explains so much so getting some real insight obviously with mulvaney, who's snitching on all the girls secrets.
Speaker 2: Now, when you're in the jacuzzie, is it in like regular speed or are you in slow motion?
Speaker 1: I think I think it obviously if you're gonna well, I don't know. I mean slow motion for the pillow fights is required, right right, that's required. So I don't know what the jacuzzi. Well, this is I you and I are. We're just we're dumb men.
Speaker 2: We don't I mean, the difference in the sex is here. You know, it's very apparent.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, absolutely so, uh all right, good good for you ladies. Uh that actually, because I was just concerned you were just in there, you know, going to the bathroom for incredibly long time, which probably you should see your doctor about I didn't know you guys were having naked jacuzzi spinoffs. So thank you, thank you Dylan mulvaney for filling us in on that and spilling all the girls secrets.
Speaker 2: Women don't think that we have like the equivalent to a pillow fight, But men do. What we do is we go to like Lowser home depot and we take a bag of concrete or fertilizer and beat other dudes with it.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: You can also get a bag of screws, yes, nott spolts things.
Speaker 2: Like that, and that's what we do. And that's not in slow motion though, that's like super fast.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's m m A speed. So if you know what you're doing, yeah, yeah, yeah, totally different. Sometimes you can also get a nail gun that's hooked up to compressed air and have fights with those.
Speaker 2: You hide in the aisle, like you hide in the aisle and they walk by a boom right in the head.
Speaker 1: It's like in the Equalizer at the end. Did you see the equalizer Russ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it helps if when you do it, you do it like against the Russian mob that.
Speaker 1: The bigger spear of the Russian dudes look better. Yeah, absolutely, and that if you remember, a lot of that was in slow mo.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, the I think I think to be fair and I don't mean to be sexist here, that's not my intention, right, but I think they was in slow motion in the movie so the women could follow along.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's a good point because they're in the and they're in the whirlpool and they're distracted by the nakedness of all their friends and the otters, and.
Speaker 2: They're really tired from the pillow fighting in slow mo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's why you go into the spa later to relax your muscles.
Speaker 2: So these are all facts.
Speaker 1: These are you know, you guys are we're spilling the tea as as the girls say, and the otters spin naked whirlpool a right, six forty eight hang on, And I hope the reason that Dylan mulvaney thinks that it's it's super normal for women to get together strip naked, get in whirlpools together quote spin like naked non sexual otters is because in that whole you know, a year to become a girl quest like mulvaney was asking an actual woman who then just made stuff up to screw with Dylan mulvaney. That would be amazing, that'd be they Also, when you're doing best friend baths as they're called here, do you girls bring your cats into or because I feel like that wouldn't go well, trying to bring the cat into the whirlpool, so or the cats probably lots and lots of cats ros. Do your cats dig water or not? They definitely do not. Ah, yeah, so probably probably don't want to do that with the best friend baths ladies. So but you already know that because you know this is your secret that we just spilled. Yes, Jake, what's up?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: When I was growing up, we had co ed total fights. They were just used with dog balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do those. Yeah. Absolutely. Ross is working on a thing which will which you know we might be able to work in there well. In fact, me thanks for the caller, Jake. Let me get over to this story. Have you guys seen the video of this track? Be it's a relay race, right, So you have the batons, you have the different runners, but you know handing off and one of the things can be frustrating in those is when the runners are hitting the handoffs at the same time, you can get a little congested in there, so it's really important to have good form so that you can do the handoff and in one fluid motion. Everybody's running and you're not bumping in. But sometimes things happen people get frustrated. So in the video, it looks like it looks like this one runner is beating one of the other runners over the head with her baton. Who then and then that runner kind of pulls off to the side and grabs her hair, and everyone's like, oh my gosh, this person never should be in sports ever, ever, ever, because they just beat that other runner over the head with a baton. Okay, well that's what it looks like. But the girl who's alleged to have hit the other girl with the baton, she says, that's not what's going on, and she sounds really convincing.
Speaker 6: Everybody has feelings, so you're physically hurt, but you're not thinking of my mental right. They're going off of one angle a couple times, hitting her. My baton got stuck behind her back like this and it rolled up her vet. I lost my balance and when I pumped my arms again, she got hit. I know my intentions, and I would never somebody on purpose. They're assuming my character calling me ghetto racist slurs that threats all of this just because of a nice taking video.
Speaker 1: All right, well all right, so and here's I'm sure maybe some people were doing that. I think people were just saying that like it looked like bad sportsmanship because it looks like you were beating that girl. But her claim is that the baton kind of got tangled and then she's falling forward for balance, and that she's flailing her arms to get her balanced, that she has a baton, and then she's just whacking the other girl in the head. All right. So so coming up on the show real quick eight oh five, we're gonna chat with Senator Ted Buzzzo. That's coming. But first, this Air India flight one twenty six from Chicago to Delhi. All right, so at us originating flight out of Chicago, this is uh, this is a wide body, I'm sure. Yeah, yeah, yeah, doesn't say the equipment there, all right, No, this is a wide body because it's accommodating three hundred people. Okay, all right, so you know, and I don't know how long that flight in that's probably a pretty lengthy flight from Chicago to Delhi. Unfortunately he did not make it. After about five hours of flying. Some they had a problem and let me read the headline. Now, okay, you ready, Air India flight forced to return to US after passengers clog a lot eleven of twelve on board toilets. I wonder how that happened?
Speaker 2: Wait, where is it going again?
Speaker 1: So it's flying from Chicago to Delhi, so direct to India there, But they made it over Greenland and and then I guess they probably served dinner and and then and then they're like, wow, we have to turn back. And then all of a sudden everyone had to go to the bathroom and they clogged eleven of twelve on board toilets. Right, I spose, Yeah, I suppose, because you can't just dump it over Greenland because that that'd be a political nightmare. Right now, why not? It's a flight emanating from the US and you want them to drop three hundred people's poop on Greenland.
Speaker 2: It's a plain safety thing with weight distribution, right What listen? If they drop the pooh on Greenland, there's yeah, nobody lives there. You have like a ninety percent chance of hitting no one.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what if you do I get you know, and if you'd have dumped it earlier, at least you could have dumped it on Canada. That would have been another political night here, like oh, you guys won that hockey game.
Speaker 2: Here you go just dump it be like, oh my god, I found a meteor.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It came out of the sky.
Speaker 4: Well, but it ain't.
Speaker 1: No, maybe there is a big old frozen chunky. What is everything Joe durtable?
Speaker 2: I mean some things are Joe dirtable. Some things are wrestling the Bura bull. Yeah, wrestling and Joe dirt That's everything comes back to that.
Speaker 1: You hit one Greenlander with three hundred clock or eleven o'clogged toilets worth of that whole dule falls apart.
Speaker 2: That'll be it.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what does. That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna shake hands, we're gonna sign on the line. But you know, and you dropped all the poop on our people. We can't have you.
Speaker 1: Dropped it literally on the negotiating table. Now we gotta get out of it.
Speaker 2: What are the odds.
Speaker 1: Didn't Dave Matthews do something but with his bus like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they dropped it. They were going over a bridge.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, I know exactly what the bridge they're going over the grated bridges in downtown Chicago, and they jumped into the Chicago River, which, by the way, you probably wouldn't notice. That thing's gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there are people that celebrate the date like they they find it to be like a funny, comedic date because they were going over this bridge and they dropped the tour buses supply and there was there was a black black water tank and there was a boat right underneath them.
Speaker 1: What a bad day to be in that boat, man. And it just you ever been pooped on by a seagull?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not by Dave Matthews, but not the whole Dave Matthews, right right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Oh what a fun segment, dude. I just love the fact that it's an Air India flight so you can make the food jokes because Deli belly is a thing, man, and they're flying to Deli. It's just so perfect. You know.
Speaker 2: I've never had Indian food.
Speaker 1: I like Indian I like Indian food a lot, but man, if you get bad Indian food, watch out.
Speaker 2: I had a friend who came over from India in middle school. His name was Aziz and his family moved over, and for some reason, every time like a kid from another country would come and move to like Schenectady, they would always call me down to the office and have me be that person's friend and show them around the school. And I remember I went to a Zesu's house and like, I like spicy food. But to this day, I remember like the smell of his kid, because I love spicy food.
Speaker 1: Like if I go to a restaurant, like right, but there's there's American spicy, and then there's like there's codes on receipts can go to Indian place. There's a whole series where these two guys one's white and one's Indian. They just go to Indian restaurants and order exactly the same and then their food is like three thousand and three million schoolvills different.
Speaker 2: I remember I walked in this kitchen and my eyes like started burning, and I didn't eat the food.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm more I like Southern Indian food more, and there is a definitive difference. And also I don't like a lot of his own the bread, although you know, they have like nine kinds of bread that are just amazing, but you get you know, you get it a little too spicy, see a little something. And the term deli belly is something that tourists when they go over to India literally will get sometimes and it's not good. But basically probably it's like the salmonilla I was dealing with. Oh, oh, I didn't want to think about that again. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how long the flight is because what's the halfway Well, it's got to be more than ten hours, so they obviously weren't even at the halfway point. What if you turn back and then while you're flying back to Chicago you still dump it, but you dump it on Trudeau's riverside home there where they had the G six or whatever that.
Speaker 2: We've seen so many accidents involving airplanes lately and mistakes and these things happen.
Speaker 1: Whoopsie. Yeah, I'm just saying nothing you can about it, right, nothing you can do just oh, I don't know how to pronounce it, but gulab jamoon you ever had that, which is just like it's like this dough ball, the sweet honey dough.
Speaker 2: I've seen people want like eat it on YouTube though for the first time.
Speaker 1: Dude, yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: The reaction is always the same. It's like, oh, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if you get it where it's like soaking in like the story, it's not good for you, but it's really really good. But and it's not spicy, so don't worry about that all right. AnyWho, there you go. That's my favorite headline of the day. And now that we're all having a good time, let me completely destroy the mood, shall we. Uh? The singing protesters have gone international, that's right, not just no longer. Just you know, they're at the steps of the Capitol, singing all the stuff.
Speaker 2: The just slay it a lot of mine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, lot, oh yeah? Can they keep on a little bit? Yeah? Shine, are you dude? I'm telling you, man, we gotta do the greatest hits thing. So now protesters in other countries are going and it looks like the Australians are up first to protect democracy. We gotta stand.
Speaker 7: If we want to see future for the territory.
Speaker 1: Nothing that we can do. It's the boss we want. How do you have how are you the party of theater kids? And nobody can sing? I just this is what I want to know. How is that possible? How do you have the the whole theater kid crowd, and not one of them could be bothered to show up and sing on key, or if they are singing on key, they're singing insane stuff. This is from the Bernie Sanders protest. That's a that's good. And by the way, that Rosslyly could dub that small mountain because he ran out of bleeps. The transgender punk rock band joined the Bernie Bernie Sanders. I what's the band? Uh against me? That's the name of the band. I know you guys are gonna rush out and get the album. That song entitled Your God? Am I gonna say this Your God? God's sports Car? The lyrics can he? I can't even I don't know that I could pair of phrase these even one. It just seems incredibly blasphemous, and two every other word is let's just say it's awful and it's probably the least Christian friendly song you've ever heard. Okay, that being said, Bernie Sanders. I saw an article yesterday where they're kind of the Democrats. Bertie Sanders is kind of like their thought leader right now is This was in the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's like the Democrat, like Ron Paul at the moment, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then it's like they're like, oh, well, Bertie Sanders is the normal, he's the standard bearer right now, and that's fine. And then he holds a rally where he has a transgender rock band come up and starts singing about God's private parts, doing a bunch of really really twisted sexual things with transgender punk rock singers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it sounds on brand.
Speaker 1: And it's like, so wait, that's your standard that right there? Hot again, do you care nothing about moderate voters? It's like every day it's something new, and I don't just mean the lunatics singing. That's bad enough, right, even if it's over in Australia. Australia, you guys only sing about vegamite and wallabies and uh, what's the the digital what's the stick or the horn thing? Diggory do?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: That you sing about that like that? And uh and spider is murdering you and jellyfish right and uh oh also rossa one other thing. They also sing these songs about a bunch of little people having a carnival, right with the songs called down Under, isn't it? And then whatever Midnight Oil was singing about back in the day and Mike and the mechanics. Aren't they all from Australia?
Speaker 2: You know, my entire knowledge of Australia comes from Crocodile Dundee, right, family guy references to crocodile dundee and men at work.
Speaker 1: And men at work. Yeah, there you go. So maybe do some of that because the Aussie protest song here, that's a that's all. And by the way, that's an Olivia Newton John song if you guys don't know, and I'm sure that she's very pleased about that wherever she is, all right, seven seventeen, Hang on, dude, I just like I just retweeted video of this. So there's a there's a place called Pratt's Barbecue. And for some of you, you're you're you're recognizing this, and if you're not, here's how you know. Pratts They had a giant Native American statue called Big John Uh in their in their parking lot, right, And so tourists a stop and they get pictures and you go eat at Pratts, which is it was pretty good, pretty good. I did eat there once and unfortunately it it it closed. The location where they're at closed and so they were moving. I guess they're moving somewhere else. And then that thing's gonna I don't know what it's gonna be, but but they had they were gonna move the statue. There's big, giant Native American statue called Big John. And so the guys come over. They got the big crane because I don't know how tall this thing is, probably what twenty five feet thirty feet and so, uh, and then like a crowd gathered because they're you know, this thing is pretty iconic in a kingsport or if you've ever spent any time going through there and you wanted to get little tourist pictures. So they hook it all up with the crane. There's a crowd there, they're all excited, and they picked this thing up and uh, literally it just crumbles into a thousand pieces. The leg falls off, then the head falls off, and then the whole thing is just a mess. Yeah, and everyone's just screaming there.
Speaker 2: It looks like more like a like a statue issue than a crane issue, like because it turns.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah, this thing's probably old and lusted for sure. Yeah. Yeah, I'm not I'm not blaming on the crane guys. Although I mean clearly, I would assume they'd done some inspection to figure out if they were gonna be able to lift this thing. But then the way to the leg started and it just decimated. So yeah, it had been there. It's been there since the seventies. So you know, the thing's in excess of fifty years old. And you know, I don't know the amount of upkeep they did, but yeah, that thing's gone. What if that happens to the Boone Big Beer, that'd be a shame, huh.
Speaker 2: I mean that's why they maintain it.
Speaker 1: Really. You got a whole crew, you got cruise do you.
Speaker 2: Got to care for these things?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Look at us.
Speaker 2: The Indian statue is turned to dust.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: It looks like the end of it, Like it looks like like Infinity War whatever where they all like it. Oh yeah, yeah, that's what it looks like. It looks like the Indians like taken away by Thanos Snap.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what is Theano's not like Native America knows? What's his problem?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: He strikes me as a guy would be down with like trail of tears, though, like he's kind of an a hole. So uh are So that thing's gone. If that was a part of your childhood, there you go, your old childhood is gone. Like the Wizard of Ozland, the Yellow Brick Road. I remember I watched a documentary on that during its heyday. That thing was banging, dude, And now, all right, weren't they going to reopen that? I'm just trying to I'm trying to think of some of the like some of the the roadside attractions and little like was there anything iconic cross where you guys would drive somewhere, maybe for vacation, you'd always go and have to stop at it. You know how that always turned into like a family thing where you go to a place regularly, but you always have to stop somewhere.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what's vacation when.
Speaker 1: You were a kid? Yeah? No, what does it have to be vacation if you just driving to your grandmother's. I mean, it doesn't matter what it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was like a little hot dog shop we would stop at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It's like those little places that you just kind of have the memory of. And what's dangerous is if they're still in business and you haven't been there for twenty years you show up and you're like, man, was this awful when I was a kid too? Were we were entering a day when the majority of people will have nudes of them somewhere, either by accident, for by revenge porn, or just by putting it out there. So I guess one of the Harry Potter actresses is now doing an Only Fans, which I'm sure some of you weirdos are going to be super excited about. All right, I don't know who this is. She played a character named Lavender Brown Ross Jenior does that reckon? Does that ring any bells? Lavender Brown? Well?
Speaker 2: Whatever, I'm sure, Yeah, yeah, I know Lavendar Yes, Oh okay, she had a crush on Ron. Oh and then in the spoiler she ends up being eaten by werewolf in the end in the Battle of Hogwarts.
Speaker 1: That's unfortunate for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is common knowledge, obviously, that's so common.
Speaker 1: I had to ask you because I don't know who the hell it was. Now. Shoot, yeah, she gonna have to do the Only Fans dressed as like the wizard stuff, right, I mean that, just in all seriousness, what do you what do you think is more profitable for it?
Speaker 2: Dude, No, I mean that's yeah, she would have to, you think anyway, that's.
Speaker 1: Where you're gonna get the real like, oh, what's she doing with that wand but like and what if you accidentally say a command while you're you know, that could be uh, that could be unfortunate. But she just says she's broke, she needs the money, and so she's, you know, gonna do this. She literally said that, she's like, I gotta pay for my house, gotta do all this stuff. So so there you go. Yeah, she said, well, it won't highlight really really like sexual stuff. The main focus for OnlyFans is gonna be wizarding stuff, her hair and then obviously you know the rest of itself.
Speaker 2: And porn and porn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's third ross. She's other two priorities, other two priorities. Oh and you know and obviously now that you have the new Harry Potter thing coming up series, which everyone's so excited about that with the race swapping there, you know, it's probably her time to cash in. So there you go. All right, So we were talking about little roadside attractions because I saw this video and I had actually been to this place. I didn't realize it until I actually saw that. I went, oh, I remember seeing that thing. But for a lot of people who you know, vacation in western North Carolina and into Tennessee and traveled with family to go visit other family. You know, there's those little spots where you stop, and some of them are kind of tourist traps. Some of them are little roadside attractions. I remember I was in West Virginia and there's a roadside attraction I can't remember. It's by Piedmont, West Virginia, and it is the largest collection of busted refrigerators and it's just a guy who's got like forty acres of just busted fridges. It looks like one of those big scrap yard car scrap yards right where you go pick your own parts kind of place. But it's nothing but busted fridges. And you know what I stopped.
Speaker 2: You know where I would like to stop. How are you familiar with the giant presidential heads.
Speaker 1: In South Dakota. Yeah, yeah, I've seen them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to stop there, Like I just learned about them, like a few weeks ago, and.
Speaker 1: I'm watching that by Northwest.
Speaker 2: No. I watched some show called like abandoned America or something. And it's fascinating to me, like these like giant presidential heads that were once like you know, in supercondition, and now they're just like rotting, you know, just like crap.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh, I thought you were making a joke.
Speaker 2: No, no, there's Mount rush No. No, uhh.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, I thought you were making them Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: No, there was.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what.
Speaker 2: Okay. So there was this thing they did, and it was outside of DC, and it was every president, every president from Washington up to whenever it stopped I think it mayde stopped around Obama and it was just a giant, huge, sort of like Easter Island bust of their head. It sounds creepy. Yeah, And they had them out for display, and eventually it just ended and they shipped all these heads off to this field and now they're just all in field somewhere and people stop and they just walk around them.
Speaker 1: You ever been to one of the where so was it? But it wasn't something the government did. It was just some something else.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, I can't recall. I can't recall now I got to look it up. Yeah, it's fascinated because you see these heads that it's like super creepy now because once upon a time they were like, you know, porcelain and nice and white and they looked amazing, and now they're just like crap.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is interesting to see things that once were you know, new and exciting that have essentially gone by the wayside. Man just love to deteriorate. There's lots of those. Yeah, obviously I was talking about the Land of Oz, although somebody said that they do open once a year, but just to give creepy tours of the Land of Oz since they're not really using it anymore, which makes sense. U. Santa Lands, I guess I'm just going through my email here. Although they have Santa Lands, a lot of them all over the place. Like I remember there was a Santa Land up in like Vermont, and then they had one in Wisconsin over by the Dells, which, if you don't know the Dells are, it's like this big water park area in the middle of Wisconsin where everyone vacations ever Great Wolf Lodge, there, a bunch of golf and and just a bunch of attractions. A lot of gentlemen's clubs there too. For some reason, I sent you to the link. I found it. It's in Williamsburg. Oh, it's in Williamsburg. I've been to Colonial Williamsburg. I remember seeing that at all. Now, what happens if you make them all look like our vice president will atlantic write an article about that or what?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: If you guys don't know what that is, we'll get to that here in just a moment. Let me grab a call. Yeah, Mark, what's up?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 4: How you doing that here? That guy needs to make a combination refrigerate here dumping cemetery.
Speaker 1: Great, that's a good point. There's ever a newth that goes off, He's going to survive, as we learned in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we used to go to this place.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I came from New Jersey and my dad would put us in a wagon and we dad west and somewhere in Pennsylvania, I think it is. We would always stop on the way coming back. It's Charlie Weavers roadside America and what it was I don't know if you know who Charlie Weaver is. He used to be the probably remember the Center Square Hollywood squireers, the guy with the hat.
Speaker 1: Okay, now with the giant glasses though, Okay, no.
Speaker 4: That was Charles Nelson Ryan. He was a rife But yeah, this place was I think it's a restaurant now, but it was at one time his entire train collection. And boy, we used to love to stop there.
Speaker 3: We get one of those, we get one.
Speaker 4: Of these whistles, they go, who drive my dad? That's the rest of the way home.
Speaker 1: That's the Cliff Kent Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's Cliff Arkent is who that is? Charlie Weavers. Charlie Weaver was a character he played. Yeah that's Cliff ark Kead. That's I didn't oh that's his name.
Speaker 4: Cliff k Yeah, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh cool, Yeah, yeah, yeah that.
Speaker 4: You know when you said that, Yeah, that's something that you know, that's one of those memories. You think about it and you're right there, man. Yeah you guys have a great day.
Speaker 1: Yeah you too. Rather And the reason it's important to point out that his name is Cliff Arquette because he is the patriarch of all of the Arquettes, right, He's he Patricia Arcat, Roseanna Arquette, David Arcatt, the whole Arquette family really just gravy trained off his success back in the day. So yeah, okay, all right, very cool. Yeah, it's just all these little places you stop. And we had out in Wyoming. They have a bear country us a thing, which I know they have a lot of those, although ours is just nature so it's not just pens. And then you just get out and then if you see an animal, you take a picture with it, get right up next to it. That's what That's what all the cool tourists are doing there. All right. So I mentioned the the JD. Vance joke. Dude, you want to every day remind people that the left cam't meme. This is how you do it. So the Atlantic and this is written by female author, which I'll let you read into that if you want, and it's entitled wait who's posting those unflattering JD. Vance memes? All right? And I'm not going to read the whole article, but the premise of the article is this the right, the online right, is trolling JD. Vance. And she thinks that the reason people are taking all these classic memes and then sticking Vance's face on them, like ross, did you see the one where it's the Star Wars meme where it's padmes? Like she says something. It's the four screens right where she's like, oh, you mean this thing? And then he and and and then I try to remember the best example of it, and and then she goes right right, and then he has that kind of foreboding look. In the third panel. Somebody replaced that with with jd Vance on the bottom two panels. It's really funny.
Speaker 2: They're so good and if you can think of it, somebody's done it. And he's even retweeted out his own. He tweeted out the the Leosaprio pointing at the TV with his face over Leo's fash.
Speaker 1: I saw it. That's and that's great, man. But this idiot thinks that when people are doing this, they're doing it to attack jd Vance and that jd Vance hates it like you have it, you have it completely backwards.
Speaker 2: Which which goes to show they just don't understand the right at all. No, not at all, man, Like we're doing it because we like the dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In recent days, memes have spread across social media in which the Vice President's face has been photoshopped to give him a cartoonishly chubby cheeks. H on me. One meme takes his edited baby face and adds curly locks, while another changes his skin tone to purple. Little upa lumpa Willy Wonka action. There here is another one where he's got a lollipop. Why are they attacking this man? They're not. You're dumb. You don't understand things, especially when you didn't even bother to see if the Vice president himself retweeted them.
Speaker 2: The left doesn't understand it because they don't. They can't make fun of themselves, and when they do use humor, it tends to be out of anger, right to make fun of someone else, Like look at Jimmy Kimmel, right, he's still of anger, and or Stephen Colbert, same exact thing. They can't make fun of themselves, so they can't. They don't understand this concept. Yeah, they don't understand how dudes work, right, Like remember when you were secularly I'm dying of salmonilla. My first reaction was like, can I have your watch when you're dead?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And that's that's what guys do, That's how we you would know if you were a serious trouble. I was like, oh my god, do it okay?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna? Are you gonna? Right? Yeah, then you'd be like, oh my god, am I dying? Well this guy I remember, I said I was gonna mention this the other day, and it's just per because I forgot. So I saw I got to see over the weekend, a buddy who the last time I saw him was the super Bowl? Right, he's in my little super Bowl group, haven't we haven't been around each other for how how long's it been? What a month? Over a month? And so he's got he girl, he's got his girl with him, and so we're talking and she's like, oh, yes, yeah if Robert said he hasn't seen you for since the super Bowl and I'm like, yeah, we only texted like once. I'm glad we're getting together. And she couldn't fathom that. She could not understand. She looked at me, She's like, what do you mean you texted once? And I'm like, I texted, we text I text like, I texted him once. And she's like, what do you You guys are like really good friends and I'm like yeah, but I didn't need to say anything to him, right, And she goes, well, what did you text him? And I'm like the only thing I saw And then I said why, I will show you, but you have to understand what it is. And it was a picture that I took of an advertisement online and We're a We're a A A Spaw was bragging in their advertising it says three hundred clients service daily, and I just took a picture of it. I sent it to Robert and I just said, glad your mom's business is doing well. That's how dudes, That's how dudes communicate to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that, and like inside jokes, that's that's what we do. Yeah, if you're not part of the joke, well I'm sorry, I don't tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I called your mom a whore and then he wrote back, oh, no, she has way more than three hundred clients. Because he's able to self deprecate.
Speaker 2: Every time I send a text to my buddy Michael. Before I send the text, I think, is there any way he can relate this back to my mom, because if so, I'm not going to send the text, right.
Speaker 1: But also the fact that not what someone is. One of my very good friends and I spoke once in a month and we were fine with that.
Speaker 2: There are times where like I slip and I don't think about that, and then he'll send me back. He'll say something about my mom in relation to what I send him. Along with the along with the along with the Alex Trebek, Sean Connery, the day is Mine, sort of a celebrity SNL thing. Yeah, every single time.
Speaker 1: She just she just kept staring at me, like I don't understand. I'm like, it's okay, okay, we're fine, we're doing our thing, raced agic. You're a dude, you know how it works. That's how guys are. That's right, National urgency. Anybody busy. I just had you and or your mind will send you a text in.
Speaker 5: This absolutely absolutely, like we just had this conversation with my buddy and said, you know, I don't have to talk to you every week every month. It's fine. Everything's good, don't worry. You will know let me know. Otherwise we'll see exactly and you know what, you will know too if something's not right. I mean I think it's like like for my wife, it's like everything is like, you know, I haven't heard from so and so and my sister in like a day, and like something's wrong.
Speaker 1: And it's she was killed or abducted by alien Yeah something, Yeah, probably one of the two, I mean pick one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but uh, let's see, yesterday worked out good. I know we were picking people out. We were saying a lot of the rain was going to be in a line from about Charlotte to Fayetteville. And here we go Charlotte point one to eight. Uh, just south of Charlotte and rock Hill point six two inches of rain, Fayetteville about three quarters of an inch, and as it came north, hardly anything. Raleigh coming in point zero one and not much reported around the try it. Don't see any reports until we get to Salisbury and Mooresville. Hundreds of inch more out near the coast, out in the outer banks. Low really started to crank up. And sitting out there now with one to two inches of rain, unofficial report of over four inches in some spot. So that forecast worked out. Okay, Now it's going to be great case next few days. Low mid seventies today, mid upper seventies Tomorrow, plenty of sunshine and then more the same as it going to Thursday, Friday, Thursday, there might be a little more cloud around. Don't see rain in the forecast till about Saturday night. Sunday, still going to stay in the seventies. Normal highs I think are closer to but I say, yesterday sixty degrees either way, well above average, gorgeous whether get outside and enjoy at the nighttime lows or even gonna come up into the forties and eventually the fifties and maybe even the sixties by the weekend. So a lot of spring in the air here in the forecast over the next several days.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. Yeah, yep, all right, hey, Ross, let's make a mental note. I finally understand what people are sending me email about. So I think when they replace the brick that we bring Ray in this is I know this is super technical for you guys, but basically, the machine that makes Ray's voice up here, they forgot to set it to for my mic to duck it. So when Ray starts talking, it's ducking my mic. So I then the people can't hear me on the radio. I know exactly what you're describing, sir. Yeah, I just think they forget they set it up and reverse, so now we'll get to work on that. But at least we can hear Ray's voice, so that's good. All right, Coming up on the show eight oh five. Senator Ted Buddle join us. We're gonna do a lot of stuff. We got a bunch of stuff to get into it. A lot of it's economic related. So much going on, and oh yeah, they you see, they tore down Black Lives Matter Plaza. They're in DC and everyone's losing their damn minds. So we get that funny little uh, funny little trial to tell you about as well. Sorry, this thing is just now just decided to reload. Okay, all right, we'll do this coming up. Case O Day Radio program. We get a chance. This is good. We just did this a couple of weeks ago. But lord knows, there's enough going on in Washington, DC. We welcome in North Carolina, Senator Ted Budd. Good morning to you, sir. How you doing.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Great to talk to you. What's going on?
Speaker 1: I gotta well, there's a lot going on, as you're probably well aware as you're in the Are you in North Carolina? Are you up at the belly of the beast right now?
Speaker 3: I am in the belly of the beast.
Speaker 1: All right, I gotta I gotta ask this before we get into some of the more serious stuff. I guess it's serious depending on how you look at it. Considering that your political opposition is the Party of Hollywood and theater kids, how can they do better on the protest singing outside your window? Because damn it's bad. Dude there, listen to this.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 1: All right, you got to listen to this all day. Which office folder you in? Are you in? Cannon? Which one of you? Which one are you in? Is the Senator?
Speaker 8: I think Carlow Guthrie is going to be rolling over in his grave as a result of that.
Speaker 1: You know's there's so there's so many in their own like you don't have one person that can sing at least, But Donna had the audacity to show up and talk about burning down the White House, and she can sing, Hey, what's going on up there? Man?
Speaker 3: Help about well? Keep it up, keep it up there.
Speaker 8: They're really helping the cause here. So I don't I don't want to complain. You know, when your enemy is self destructive, it's self destructing, you don't want to stop them, right.
Speaker 1: It's it's as wild to me. I'm like, one of you has got to be on, you know, like your pitch has to be correct. But I've yet to see it now. They're protests and everything under the sun, obviously everything that's Trump. Trump's doing, but Trump's got a really heavy lift. And that's where I want to start. Front of the New York Post this morning is a Gasparino piece and it's entitled Short Term Pain, and I think it does a good job of talking about the totality of what the administration's trying to do and how you're going to see things like the Dow Jones dipped nine hundred points. You're going to see people.
Speaker 3: I was you would start, Katy. I was hoping you would start with that. And the quote that I.
Speaker 8: Woke up thinking about was from Thomas Paine this morning and said, if there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child.
Speaker 3: Might have peace. And it goes on from there.
Speaker 8: But I'm thinking, like, Trump is taken on the problems now, as you know, they seem big now, but in the scale of history, these are smaller problems so that we don't have catastrophic problems later on. And he's taken them head on right now, and I commend him for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about the process. I mean, do you do you agree that that you could. The stock market sometimes is representative, but a lot of times isn't right. And we saw that with them, you know, dumping two hundred and fifty billion at the in the last few months of the last presidency to essentially try to get Harris and just capitalize on things that continue to grow inflation. And while the stock market looked great, right, but people in their own economics felt awful, and it clearly played into the election. So what do you tell people that likely at some point are going to call your office and go, he's destroyed in the economy and you're helping them do it. What is your answer to those folks?
Speaker 8: So I want to point people to Scott Bessant, our new Secretary of the Treasury, his comments this.
Speaker 3: Week, and I'll quote he says.
Speaker 8: Could we be seeing this economy we inherit started to roll a bit? Sure, And look, there's going to be a natural adjustment as we move away from public spending to private spending. He said, the market and the economy have just become hooked, and we've become addicted to this government spending, and there's going to be a detox period.
Speaker 1: So yes, I voted in the articles spot on it. Yeah, he's quoted in this article is saying it, and then the author likens it to a heroin guy's detoxing off heroin, which that's a that's quite an image. So what does that mean the private the public dollars moving to private dollars. What exactly does that look like?
Speaker 8: Well, he went on in some other comments, I don't see it in this article, but he said, like twenty percent of our government's excuse me, it's twenty percent of our nation is GDP flows through area code two oh two, the Washington DC area code. He said, that's not right. He says, we have to reprivatize the economy. We basically think, send things out of Washington back to where people actually live and work and breathe and live their lives, not here in d C. And I think that's going to take some adjustment. That's what he's doing right now. If you don't do that, you continue to run. Look at the exaggeration. What is it the the Hunger Games? You know, what is that district right where they're all like where the right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 8: That's of course, that's once again Hollywood. But there's some truth in that is that it's completely disconnected from the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: And that's what we that's what we don't want.
Speaker 8: Remember, this place is supposed to represent those of us back in North Carolina and the other four United States.
Speaker 1: And massive distortion. You know where the poor district is in the movie where it was filmed?
Speaker 3: Uh ahead?
Speaker 1: Was it Western North Carolina? Yeah? Right, yeah there West Virginia. Right yeah, perfect, perfect analogy filming that in western North Carolina. And then obviously the disparity between western North Carolina and the way that California was treated and what goes on up in DC is is readily apparent. So how so do you think that the continuing resolution then comports with what Trump is trying to do even though a lot of people or not a lot of people as far as votes go, although what's his bucket in Tennessee is not happy. But do you think it it is true to what Trump claims he is trying to do, even though some criticize the level of spending.
Speaker 3: I do I do. I'd look, do I think. Do I give it an A plus?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: But do I give it a necessary B? Yeah? I do.
Speaker 8: I'm not in love with CRS. I've never liked crs, but do what we need right now is do we need to stabilize spending as is? Remember these are Biden level spending, and we're spending too much.
Speaker 3: But you level it where it is so that.
Speaker 8: You can go in and you can pass bills that deal with the actual cuts. I remember the bill like our family budget is, you know in December thirty one, starts January one like most folks, like most businesses, but the fiscal year for the government ends September thirtieth, so that's why.
Speaker 3: That date is on there.
Speaker 8: It takes it through the end of the year, stabilizes it with a few that they call them anomalies, anything that's different than as is, and that's a little bit more. For military, they can start new programs like the Golden Dome, you know, the missile protection for the US. They can they can start new programs like that, which is new. Usually a CR freezes the military as is, which kind of handcuffs them unfortunately, but it unlocks that for the military a little bit and then freezes other programs.
Speaker 3: So you can pass laws that deal with the cuts.
Speaker 1: That you need.
Speaker 8: But you're not you're dealing with it in less chaos, and I think that's actually good and good for the economy.
Speaker 1: The plan to defeat you and the president is chaos, right, Like this is just going to keep ramping up. And it's not just the idiots out there singing. People are violently attacking Tesla dealerships right including in North Carolina. We had that happen. The Washington Post literally yesterday noted here we go. I want to read this verbatim because it's just so dumb. Quote anger at Elon Musk is turning violent. People are burning his cars and shooting his stores, leaving frontline Tesla workers and ordinary vehicle owners to bear the brunt of the anger incited by Musk's politics. This is Heckler's veto. This is the girl's skirt was too short. Thinking this is the Washington Post. The idea that it's Elon must fault, that lunatics are out doing lunatics stuff is really dangerous to be pushed by a you know, a big paper of record, let alone the Washington Post.
Speaker 8: For Casey, I would agree, look at bottom line, it's a nice time to buy a Tesla if you want uh, and they're great cars. It's incredible, But even try I mean, I think people wrongly believe that Elon Musk was there to save the plan. He's like, no, I mean, yes, it will help the planet to some degree, but let's realize that you've got to produce power somewhere to charge these cars. And I think this guy is actually out trying to make our country better and more efficient at great personal costs. He's not being paid for this. He loves our country. He came to he stayed and came to our country by choice. You know, he wasn't born here, but he loves our country, as do so many people who came here the right way.
Speaker 3: And he realizes that if we.
Speaker 8: Keep on this path, we're going to destroy it. So he's essentially stopping people from destroying themselves. And people are having quite a party destroying themselves, and they get a little upset when we're trying to keep them from hurting themselves.
Speaker 1: Right right, but they're they're going to somebody's going to get killed. And I was gonna I would say somebody's going to get but they already shot Trump, so somebody else is going to get shot again. Once once the paper a paper of record, if you want to call it, such a thing justifies political violence because the guy's policies are just so mean. We we're getting right in, like we're going to have another summer of peaceful protests, mostly peaceful protests, and I don't know what that's going to look like. But I got to switch gears because we haven't had a chance to talk since the President's address. Did you find it difficult during this speech, which was nearly two hours, to not stand up and scream like a lunatic because some of your colleagues.
Speaker 8: Did, well, you know what we were doing up downs and getting the calisthenics work out with all the standing up and cheering, and by the way, I mean, the content was spot on. And look the last time to flashback five years ago, the last time he gave a.
Speaker 3: State of the Union, which was.
Speaker 8: I think it was early March or late February twenty twenty, Rush Limbaugh was there. Actually was able to go upstairs, shake his hand and say thank you for what you did. When I first heard you, I was driving a landscape and pickup truck and you know, was listening to you with one of those adaptive AM radios unneath the dash. So but anyway, it's just kind of a great reminder of how far we went away from the freedoms with Joe Biden and how far we've come back under President Trump in only a month and a half. But I think he did a phenomenal job. He really laid out his agenda and it just showed how disconnected the Democrats are from the reality back home, back to our hunger games. You just look at that crowd and you go, you know, how could people vote for them?
Speaker 3: And it's just it's mind blowing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate them holding the signs up for all the memes. I do appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great foughder for photoshop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what you know. One of the issues obviously that was directly addressing that again, Kule, we haven't had a chance to talk about this is that Zelenski, right, although I did see that Zelensky sent a letter basically saying, oh my bad, let's go ahead and do this thing. Are they going to do this thing? Are they actually going to do this thing? Or is that ship sailed and we're just done with it? Well?
Speaker 8: What the Ukraine supporters don't realize that Zelensky has never really come to the table with willingness to negotiate. And don't dare for a minute think that the Trump administration or US is pro Russia. Absolutely not. I mean we're threatening them with sanctions. They've got their own set of problems. But right now we need somebody that will actually come and have a conversation.
Speaker 3: About how do you end this war?
Speaker 8: And we just see that he's kind of he's locked in, he's frozen, and he won't deal.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is, look, if.
Speaker 8: You've ever been in business or had to sell something, when you've made the sale, stop talking. And he had made the sale. He had the mineral rights thing in front of him, guaranteeing US support and trade for the minerals, and then all of a sudden he kept talking and like, you know, just bite your lips, Lensky and just get the US support. But he essentially failed his own country in that meeting. I don't know what he was trying to prove, but he did not help Ukraine in that matter. But we we want to help Ukraine, we want to end the war, but we're not going to do it on Europe's terms or his terms. We're going to do it on our terms.
Speaker 1: Well do you you would agree, though? That, you know, one of the things that like one of the I guess it's a visual example essays they were deconstructing the BLM thing up there, what them BLM plaus is that what they named the yeah.
Speaker 8: Right near I think it's from near Lafayette Square near the White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is ironically the place to where you had that little incident where they tried to burn a church down. But so they're undoing that and a lot. You know, I see some people, even people on the right, who go, you know, some of this stuff they're just doing to be mean, which I feel like if you don't back it off, and you guys don't reset the funding so they can't instantly redo it if a Democrat recaptures the White House and the chambers. So I think that's why people really want you guys, not just with what Trump's doing, where he does things like repurpose the CBP one app to just have a button that says send me home, which is kind of funny. But also, you guys have to right size the funding so the next president can't come in and go, hey, all that stuff Trump just donedid We're going to redo all of that Because I don't think the country can take that every four years.
Speaker 8: No, they don't like those oscillations. Talk about instability. Where we started this conversation with the economic uncertainty out there, they certainly are owed some certainty. And one of the things that we talked about in the meeting last week when Elon Musk and by the way, Senator Rick Scott from Florida is doing a great job of leading our Wednesday group when we get together and he's bringing in White House, he's bringing in Susie Wild's chivahs staff.
Speaker 3: And Russ Vote was there last.
Speaker 8: Night at a meeting we had, and then he had Eline in.
Speaker 3: Last week and I was sitting next to him.
Speaker 8: We're saying, Elon, great for all these doze cuts you're.
Speaker 3: Doing, but again, we have to make this law.
Speaker 8: We have to codify it for some stability. And you know, we can't just do these executive cuts because that stuff oscillates back and forth. If you haven't forbid get you know, a Democrat after Trump and then just completely reverses it and makes it even worse than Biden. We can't have that. That's why we need to get this stuff into law, which is why you're a member of Congress matters, why your senator matters, because we codify this stuff and bring it some stability.
Speaker 1: So Hudd's secretary, Scott Turner's visiting North Carolina. Is that today or tomorrow. People literally sent me a text like at ten o'clock last night, see if they get some time on the show. So I got to answer them, well, that is.
Speaker 8: The coolest and welcome to North Carolina. I wish I could be there with him. I'm just I'm so impressed with him the more I learn about him. But I will say, when a new secretary get sworn in and they come right to North Carolina. So Trump is making good on his promises. You know, I'll be out west next week when I'm back in the state out of Washington, and you just a lot of this hinges on when it comes to western North Carolina relief, which is not your question, but it's it's what I'm answering. A lot of this depends on how the government acts to engage VIMA. We're going to send the funding. We've already done that. We did that end of December last year. Now it's up to really the government, the governor to steer this in western North Carolina. So I just want to look, we're going to work across partisan lines and we're going to say, let's get this done for North Carolina.
Speaker 3: But it's really up to the governor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to find out the last governor didn't even have a point person to handle.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, but you got it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks for having me on and looking forward to seeing you in person here soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you so much, Senator Ted Bud joining us to appreciate it this morning. All right, well you want to weigh in on that eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven before we'll be right back. I got a bunch of other little stories we got to get into, including I don't know if you guys saw this. He's now a former border patrol agent who he had a rather interesting policy on how women who are showing up to gain entry might be able to come into the country. And it's not just a long term plan by Democrats to create one party rule forever. He went a different route. Fifty three year old Shane millin Is has played guilty to two counts of deprivation of rights under color of laws. So basically he was he was an eagle pass right, which was the main influx zone for all of the migrants coming in, and he would he would do individual evals and then he would tell the women, all right, we'll let you in, but you got to show me your boobs, and then, you know, like a like a drunken sorority girl on Bourbon Street. They would comply, but obviously for very different reasons. And you can't do that now. I don't know if he gave him beads or not, but you know, clearly, clearly a piece of garbage there. So there you go. Especially, and here's why it's more that you can make the Marty Grad jokes. But here's why it's more offensive. A lot of these women who are part of these migrant groups will face sexual abuse at some point. So then to be sexually abused by a border patrol agent when you're not being either raped by the cartels or made to serve as a prostitute is just it just it elevates the offensiveness of all of this. So good, I hope he has fun in jail. I hope he gets some jail, because you don't get to do that, all right, So you guys, won't hear a crazy story, So check this out. I'm not up on all the ghost Hunter shows. Roster Watts watch the various ghost Hunter shows.
Speaker 2: There's like he went through a phase a while ago where we'd watched like all of them, but it's been a while, Okay.
Speaker 1: Ghost Adventures is one of them. It's been on since two thousand and eight. I recognize they have like the cast photo here of the the three dudes, there's two primary dudes. Aaron Goodwin is one of them, and he's he's really the focus of this story. The main guy what is his name? Here? Do Do Do Do Doo? Sorry, I just I don't watch many of these because here's the deal. I can only watch people in a dark room with night vision, where one of them will randomly scream that a ghost grabbed his collar, and then they have like ninety slow motion cuts to like it looks like if you shifted in your shirt a little or wind blew across it. And then sometimes there's fishing line right, some of the really bad ones.
Speaker 2: I had to google this because the name sounded familiar. We had we stopped watching the show because the main guy, we found him to be a bit too douchey. Oh, okay, all right, the goatee guy with the glasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that guy's name is Zach Baggins. Yeah, Zach Baggins is the main dude. So Goodwin is his one of his buddies. There's actually four of them. And again I don't really know a lot about the show. But that's that. Here's why we're talking about it. So Goodwin who got married in twenty twenty two. Oh, look at this ross you see where he got married inside the Haunted Mansion. I didn't realize that was an option. I'm sure get married inside the Haunted Mansion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Disney worlder Land.
Speaker 1: Uh, disney Land.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's I'm sure that's cheap.
Speaker 1: No, I've been to the Haunted Mansion.
Speaker 2: It is now I'm talk about getting married there. I'm sure. I'm sure it's cheap.
Speaker 1: Oh you think so? You think it's probably maybe one hundred.
Speaker 2: Probably it's like a check an option, like do you want to go on the ride? Do you want to get married? Just take a box?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, all right. So, so he's only been married three years. But here's why, here's why the story. So he's he's a little older at his wife. He's in his forties forty eight. He is thirty thirty six or something. Anyway, they got married. Uh, and her name is Victoria Goodwin. No, she's thirty two, so about fifteen year time a difference there, But I'm looking at some of the photos. She's all in on it. She's doing the costumes and all the goss stuff, and I don't know. Unfortunately, though it doesn't look like it's working out. According to authorities, Goodwin's wife hired a hit man to kill him so to get out of her marriage. Now, in any other circumstance, I'd be like, that's awful, and it is awful, but also think of the advantage this dude show would have. Right now, he's on the other side, moving callers with fishing line or whatever they.
Speaker 2: Do, ratings boom, ready, come on, Luigi.
Speaker 1: Wore the let's go to our co host.
Speaker 2: It's something another reason, probably it's the danger of the job. You bring home enough ghosts, right or like a few Poltergeists, and you're gonna drive your wife insane.
Speaker 1: Like they they follow that, probably because like you know how Poltry got like to move stuff around, you know how even freak out if you don't put stuff exactly where. The poultry guys due to the dishwasher again it loaded it wrong. Ah no, no, no, why is the poultry you know, he's just blaming on the poultry guys. She's like, why did you just leave dishes by the side table all the time?
Speaker 2: I swear it cleaned him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't do it the poultry guys, so.
Speaker 2: Or it would go the other way, like you bring home a ghost. Remember that lady in the UK who like did it with the pirate ghost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she married the French pirate ghost. But then he turned out to be a bit of a drunk.
Speaker 2: Right, so yeah, it was like a Lifetime movie where like they're the perfect dude and then you get married and then ah, you're a drunk ghost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, abusive, you're leaving your leaving your clothes all over the floor. The poultry guys did that so uh so and this is this is crazy. So she started communicating with a prison pen pal in Florida, and the conversation, which he was carrying out literally on a contraband phone, uh quickly changed to uh, I need to get out of this marriage. I'm assuming he probably had sign a prenup, and so she's like, but I need him murdered. And so police, now they didn't even know this was going on. This wasn't one where they tired the hitman from one eight hundred hit man. And it's really the cops like they usually are, this dude was really going to do it, and and he literally using that phone, and the conversations, which I guess are pretty dicey, where she's saying stuff like am I a bad person? Because I want to end his existence and not divorce. So they came to an agreement that she would pay eleven thousand dollars to have him murdered while he was filming in California last week, but or not last week, excuse me, last month, and then it didn't happen. But the way the police got it is they they were flipping cells. So they were at this Florida facility and they were looking for contraband they just happened to get ahold of this dude's phone, and then they opened the phone and they read it, and then they see this insane plan coming together. She offered eleven thousand, had put a twenty five hundred dollars down payment, and the guy was coordinating with the hit man, but for whatever reason, the hip man was not able to gain access to the hotel where this dude was at, so he didn't get to murder him.
Speaker 2: Right away, and the people busting he was protected by the spirits.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. I love.
Speaker 2: It was the internal conflict of the woman where she's like, you know, I used to love him and now we're going through a rough patch and I you divorced? Or should I kill him? Or should I hire someone to kill him? And I don't know. I feel kind of guilty about maybe it's wrong, Maybe it's wrong to kill my husband. I don't know. I don't know about this. And the guy's like, eleven thousand dollars and they'll do it. She's like, that's a good deal. I'll take a deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, eleven thousand, that's like you would pay that in the nineties to murder people in this economy. Sure, yeah, absolutely. Now, when I asked about the messages, she apparently told police that the money was not to murder her husband that was just a fantasy, but rather for a cell phone because he needed an upgraded cell phone. I'm not making it up. That is literally what she told police. It's like.
Speaker 2: The hitman thing is just like a weird, like sexy role play thing or something. Yeah, I would tend to kill you and then we're gonna meet up somewhere and what I'm gonna buy him eleven thousand dollars cell phone? Right, Yeah, that thing is nice.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure that's like that's the it's like the iPhone eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the phones keep getting like, you know, thinner and thinner. This one is just clear. I can't even see it.
Speaker 1: Well, you want him thinner, so when you put them in your butt, it doesn't meat as much. Yeah, because you gotta because you know they're gonna flip your cell and you gotta. You gotta hide that thing away. Can you imagine having to do that with a bag phone back in the day. No, Oh my god, watch out for that. And real quickly, police arrested a thirty five year old's uh where is this? This is in Dover, Delaware, I guess so or Dover, New Hampshire. Excuse me, h thirty five year old lunatic who police say on Sunday in the middle of the afternoon, slammed his car into another vehicle on the highway then jumped out of the vehicle. Now police were already looking for him because motorists had been calling because the dude at three point thirty in the afternoon in a convertible is driving down the highway like a lunatic buck naked, and people are like, ah, that's not good. And then the guy got into a wreck because he's on all the drugs. And then he started running around the freeway for like twenty minutes trying to gain entry to cars, and then he was he was apparently pressing his business against people's windows, and so more people call police. The guy's name is Sean Weener, so not guilty, I mean, isn't that inherently the thing? Or if your name is the same as the thing you like to do, then like who you know, Barry Driver, the car dealer guy we know, like his last name's driver of course, or Crystal methany from Florida who got busted for crystal meth. You're telling me the guy named Sean Wiener can't run around the freeway a naked pressing his junk against people's windows. It's it's inherently in the name. So uh, anyway, watch out for that. Dude. All right, let's get raised agic because I gotta tell you Ray Stagic. Yes, one of your colleagues. Man, So, a home for Fox thirty five or Lando, which are technically in Lake Mary, was broadcasting when those storms hit down in Florida and then two tornado ripped through the TV station and dude didn't stop broadcasting. You think he got that in you?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Oh really he can say now he survived F two.
Speaker 1: So that is Oh is that what you gonna srag about at your conference?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what we do. I mean, we can't brag about anything else.
Speaker 1: Right, Come on, man, if I'm sorry, I don't care what I'm doing. If an if a tornado starts ripping through the building, I'm in, I'm stopping doing what it is, Yes, so am I. Although we had a story in Greensboro when a tour hit Greensboro a few years ago. They interviewed this kid because the house next to him got taken away. Nobody was killed, thankfully, but he's in his house and he's playing Fortnite and he's one of three people left in it, which I don't know if you understand Fortnite, like you're almost going to win this thing, and so he said that. He literally gave an interview. He's like, yeah, the tornado is doing the the neighbor's house, but I was about to win, so it wasn't gonna stop. So he played Fortnite while he almost got killed by a tornado.
Speaker 5: And that's what it's all about, right, winning.
Speaker 1: That's good. Fourth nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But anyway, uh.
Speaker 5: EF two officially in Seminole County strongest since an EF three went through in UH nineteen ninety eight, so almost twenty five years. Yeah, so that would be wins estimate up to one twenty miles per hour twenty five plus years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. That's what it says. I didn't see the plus.
Speaker 5: But either way, that storm system now sits off the coast and brought some decent rain to our east east of the triangle, even where they've seen a couple of inches out in the outer banks, and this morning temperature profile a little out of whack.
Speaker 1: It's in the mid.
Speaker 5: Forties from about Durham, Raleigh, Fayetteville and east where there's even some fifties around out near Greenville and Rocky Mount, and then to the west as you get into the Triad and out near Asheville we're in the low to mid thirties and some spots, but most of us are closer to the mid number forties. So it's kind of weird. Depends on where you are. There are some cooler readings around, but beautiful weather in the next several days. Lots of sun today and tomorrow, the little mid seventies. At least tomorrow we could be closer to eighty in some spots. Thursday, a little cloud in still in the load of mid seventies and the seventies. Friday, no chance of showers here till maybe Sunday. So casey, we're going to start. And I think there already is some chatter about, you know, dangerous fire conditions to low humidity, lots of sunshine, warm temperature, is very dry out there, and it looks like it's going to continue. Next chance of showers that come in tail end of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also you see that big fire up in New Jerseys. Some idiot was making s'mores. They just figured out theo Smoreslar Jersey too. Well yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, got a roll after all that. Yeah, go ahead, all right, I gotta go. But we'll talk tomorrow. Sir, have a go one go, let a tornado get you, and then we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Jeff Bellinger from Bloomberg News. Everybody freaking out.
Speaker 9: Still calm down a little bit, Casey, but the futures have just turned negative again, so stay tuned the now futures are down twenty six points.
Speaker 1: At the moment.
Speaker 10: Tesla shears had their worst day since twenty twenty. Stock and the automaker fell more than fifteen percent.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: President Trump says he's going to buy a Tesla to support Elon Musk. It is the end of an era at Southwest Airlines, the carrier ditching the free check bags policy that had been around since it was founded more than fifty years ago. Southwest will start charging passengers for their first and second check bags unless they hold top tier loyalty status or they're traveling out of business fere latest Small Business Optimism index from the next Federation of Independent Business is at a four month low. Owners are growing uneasy about tariffs. The look of the operating systems that power iPhones, iPads, and mac computers will change when Apple rolls out one of the most dramatic software overhauls in its history. Sources tell us Apple wants to make its various platforms more consistent. Icons, menus apps, windows, and system buttons will all be updated leader this year. Redfinn says a growing number of affluent Americans are choosing rental housing over home ownership. This frees up cash for investors that are more lucrative than real estate. In Casey, this report says nearly three quarters of the nation's big metros have seen wealthy residents claiming bigger shares of the rental market. And this is a trend led by Raleigh and Orlando.
Speaker 1: Casey, I'm not surprised. All right, thank you, Jeff. We'll chat to our sir. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Sounds good talk you.
Speaker 1: Then, all right, there you go, Jeff Bellinger real quick, just because I thought this was funny. So the former president of Columbia, not the university of the country, is literally facing bribery trial right now. It's a big, big, big deal down there, and I am shocked that there was somebody who might have been taking bribes in one of these South American nations. Crazy stuff. But unfortunately trial went a little off the rails. Yesterday because they had a little, a little problem, a little problem. Specifically, they were attempting to display evidence of what was going on, including some video and audio recordings that they had had gathered against this dude, and it didn't go as it should. The first piece of evidence they played, well, let me just play it for you. It's in Spanish, but I'll explain what it is, all right, So here we here we go. Here's evidence piece number one that was supposed to be a recording of I guess him accepting a bribe, and instead it was something else.
Speaker 7: Mis amos flower, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's a midget holding an empty beer bottle doing a jig. It's clearly not the Colombian president taking a bribe. And if that was bad enough, then she's like, all right, well we hold on, we got other evidence. Let's do that, you know, you know.
Speaker 7: Us.
Speaker 1: She's laughing because it's just got also stupid because the second thing is just a porn chick. So I'm like, so there's a conspiracy in me? Did they like, did they swap it out to hide the evidence? Somebody just replaced it with a because there's a lot of corruption down there. If not, how do you end up with a little person with a liquor bottle doing a jig, or a panciless porn chick