Speaker 1: When you're ready to double down, dive in, try for a show.
Speaker 2: And not look back. Roll into Pearl River Resort. From tea times to table games, water slides by day, slots by night. Savor the flavors, feel the fuel with big Let's roll into Pearl River Resort.
Speaker 1: Must be twenty went Rolder to play keambling problem called one he Hunter Gimbler.
Speaker 3: This show is a part of the Midnight Ride Network.
Speaker 4: Hell the sam what's your name at the time of his kind of statue started? Shake in a face and an eagle flo Tennis gonna be he win you him out the free, start a fellow nat and down.
Speaker 3: Broughtie courtesy and blue.
Speaker 5: Liberals be worn.
Speaker 6: Your viewpoints will be subjected to straight scrutiny.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Right Side Radio.
Speaker 6: It's like my eyes to be blown wide. We have come together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust our nation's highest offices. We stand united and are resolved to do something about it, which, whether we like it or not, spells Juli, You and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
Speaker 5: You tuned in to Right Side Radio.
Speaker 3: Alright, guys, you have founded it is The Right Side Radio Show, recording this episode on Wednesday, October the first, twenty twenty five. I, of course I'm your hosts Check Fairchilds, and we've got a treat for you guys tonight. We have a guest coming on here in just a second. But before we get to that guest, as always, i'd like to ask that you like and subscribe to The right Side Radio Show. Remember we're on Apple Podcast, I Heart Radio, Spotify, Spreaker, Amazon Music, and so many more. So like us and subscribe to us on your podcatcher of choice and remember to leave us a positive review. Also, follow us on our Facebook page and you will never miss an episode of The Right Side Radio Show, whether it's the flagship show like this one or our daily morning coffee episodes. Again, we've got an exciting show here for you. In just a second, I'll be bringing our guest own and introducing him. I'm sure we'll have interesting conversations talking about things like the government shut down, all kinds of things that are happening in the news today. So we'll get him right on right now. All right, everyone, My guest tonight is Carson Wade. Carson is a sophomore at the University of Southern Mississippi. He's a conservative, and for those of you who've been listening to this show for a long time, he is the son of one of our frequent guest, Gerald Wade Carson. Welcome to the right Side Radio Show.
Speaker 7: It sir, it's good to be here. Can't wait to get started.
Speaker 3: Well, Carson, I know that this is your second year at Southern Miss. You're you're very active there. You're a member of the band there at Southern Miss, the Pride of Mississippi. Uh, and you've had one year already of four year college. Tell me a little bit about the experience the highs and the lows of leaving high school and going off to college.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, so, you know, high school it's kind of a little bit more of a smaller world or with the same people every day. I mean, being in college, it's definitely a lot different in the bigger world, is a lot more people, it's a lot more spread out you're dealing with. You know, it's a different They treat you differently. In high school you're overshre like a kid. But in college and that you're an adult, your teachers treat you differently. You're kind of out on your own. No one's there to really almost hold you accountable. So it's definitely different than then. But I mean it's it's great. I love it.
Speaker 3: It's probably a little harder but also a little bit more liberating in the sense that you have to manage your own time and make sure you get all your assignments done.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you know, it's kind of have a little bit of free wheeler kind of out on your own and do whatever you want to, but you also got to, you know, get your stuff done.
Speaker 3: Now. Of course, being at a university, there's also liberals everywhere now, even here in Mississippi. I know that surprises people to hear that our universities aren't necessarily the bastions of conservative principles and what have you. Is there anything you've encountered early on. We'll go to last year, you know, some of the things that first caught your attention your first year there at Southern mess Yeah.
Speaker 7: So my freshman year I was a music education major. I mean, the whole like music world, honestly is very liberal, and I think that was kind of my first introduction to all of it. And I said, I always heard stories about how liberal college campuses are, and I guess, like I said, I don't really believe it. Being you know, to Southern Miss. I don't really thought how bad it would be. They got into one of my classes and I realized people pushing agendas and pushing narratives that I didn't believe in, and it was almost if you didn't believe in it, you almost got treated differently. It was definitely very eye opening to me to really see what people were really talking about and kind of taking my own perspective and seeing the things and just how I think it's just wrong.
Speaker 3: It was just it was.
Speaker 7: It was definitely eye opening. It was it was, it was.
Speaker 3: It was weird.
Speaker 7: Oh, I have to say it was weird.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I myself went to Southern miss as well, and I was a journalism major, so you can imagine how many conservatives I ran into as a journalism major. So I understand where you're coming from now. I was a bit older when I went to Southern MISS. I didn't go there straight out of high school, so it was easier for me because I was already pre setting my ways. Tell me something that you've encountered that maybe and I know that you haven't changed your belief structure, But tell me something where you might have felt challenged to defend your beliefs. I think we lost Carson, So let me pause here and say we can get him right back. Well, Carson, I know I lost you there for just a second. Did you hear my last question there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you go to repeat that, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My question was, you know, I know that you're still preset in your ways. I know that your your ideology hasn't changed any But tell me any incidences you you might have encountered were maybe you felt challenged to defend your beliefs. Is Has there been any incidentss like that occur? Was it with a student? Was it a member of faculty?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Absolutely so. Also my first or second semester last year, I was taking American Government and the whole class was kind of set up for open discussion, open debate, which I really liked. I remember one day I tried to you know, I tried not to get to but we were talking about abortion in class and several students made claims and it was I just couldn't. I could pull myself any longer. And it was it was definitely it was interesting getting to debate students. Teacher kind of stood away from it and didn't really get too involved. But I'm you know, there was times I had to get I had to get shut down by the teacher because I was getting a little too riled up. Yeah, it was, it was pretty it was fun. I liked it.
Speaker 3: Did the teacher ever have to shut down the other side or was it just your side that got shot down?
Speaker 7: Oh? It was. It was definitely both sides, both sides.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you had a good teacher in that instance who actually understands that the college setting is a debate setting that is okay. That seems to not be the trend on most college campuses and in most college classrooms nowadays, to where instead of having an actual debate, it turns into a shouting mouche, And if you're a conservative, it's an attempt to try to silence your voice. Have you ever, I know you're limited time there, have you come across any times where you felt like there was an attempt to silence what you believed?
Speaker 7: So? Yeah, So when I was taking an intro to music education class my second semester, and one part of it we had to teach a folk song, and I remember I was gonna bring my guitar and teach a song. Well, the teacher put up this website of a list of songs that we could not, like teach could not perform, and I were going through the list and it's being shocked. I mean, I saw amazing grace on there. The National Anthem served on this old spiritual hymns that I, you know, grew up singing and grew up listening to that were supposedly too radical or too sexist or whatever, too vulgar ice of right. It just made it made no sense to me as why those specific songs cannot be saying. I think the one that really got me was like the National Anthem, that's the that's a song that I'm proud of. And then seeing that on the list of songs that are bad was it was shocking to me.
Speaker 3: What's an American universe? So you would think the National Anthem would be okay, but that was deemed too offensive, right?
Speaker 7: You would think it was.
Speaker 3: There any songs that were okayed that you questioned as well?
Speaker 7: I don't think there was any more. I know the song I did was an old like bluegrass standard song. I remember I got my guitar and played it. Well whatever. Afterwards, Uh, teacher goes someone someone in this class is gonna be really upset with me. I was like, huh okay, and then he says the name of my song and it's Readi's article about how bad it was, and it's one of those I've listened to the song a million times and never thought of anything any of the words being bad. And it was like, what does he shut me down and almost made me feel like I had to redo something, and it was it kind of really is maybe.
Speaker 3: Mad, but it wasn't on his band list. So why why did he feel the need to call you out that?
Speaker 7: That's a great question?
Speaker 3: Did you did you ask afterwards? Or was it one of those you knew it wasn't even worth your time asking.
Speaker 7: I wasn't worth my time. The teacher was very, very set in his beliefs and it just wasn't worth an argument.
Speaker 3: Look, I'll tell you probably did the right thing, because I had a history teacher that told me after class one time I needed to drop his class despite having a passing grade, because I challenged him on something he was trying to say in the classroom, and because he couldn't argue his point. He wanted me out of the class. So I definitely will say you probably made a wiser decision than I did in that instance. But it's it's got to be frustrating because again, you did the assignment. You didn't challenge him on any of the absurd band songs, but the song you picked, he decided to go nitpick and find something wrong with it. That that has to be frustrating from a student because I'm I can only imagine that you put a lot of time and effort into that assignment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: So again, you know that's that's definitely one instance. You know, I'm sure that as I understand, you're a part of a couple of organizations there on campus, conservative organizations. Are you a member of the College Republicans?
Speaker 7: So just recently I did join their College Republicans. You know, it's been sales like a few weeks ago, so we haven't really been schooed to start. I haven't really got into things and doing anythings with that, gotcha.
Speaker 3: And of course I think that you've joined the Turning Point organization. I don't know if you joined it before or after Charlie Kirk's assassination. Uh, but you're a member of the Turning Point organization there on campus as well, aren't you.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So, actually, I mean several weeks before the whole Charlie Kirk situation happened, I was talking to my dad about it, and I really wanted to start a chapter at Southern miss And I did some research and I could not find that we had a chapter at Southern So I went through Turning Points website, filled out a bunch of stuff to start one. And then one day I was just scrolling through Instagram and it was after like a few days after Charlie Kirk had been assassinated, and I saw an Instagram post from Turningpoint USA at USM, and they were founded, Oh how long ago it was. They'd kind of been a little inactive, and then once the assassination happened, they kind of kicked things back up. And I immediately jumped in and tried to get involved as much as I can.
Speaker 3: With that, I understand, And of course, you know, being a student and seeing someone like Charlie Kirk who was willing to embrace what a university, what a campus setting is supposed to be. To go onto a campus and have conversations, to have debate and actually sit there and give you a microphone and let you sit up there and agreed, disagree, and give you that platform. It seemed like all Charlie was doing was just trying to have open dialogue. Isn't that the way how you kind of saw it?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? I mean, I think, you know, the first of miment right kind of free speech, and I think kim going on college campuses and tasing people's beliefs and Maggi people actually think for themselves. I think that was something that's very important for you know, my generation. A lot of people just see things online, see things on the news, just immediately believe it, don't put their own thought into it, and don't think for themselves and make their own decisions.
Speaker 3: Tell me what you know again, Where were you when you heard the news that Charlie Kirk had been shot and then ultimately killed on that campus there in Utah. Tell me about that day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a It was a Wednesday, and I was sitting in the cafeteria at Southern with some of my fraternity brothers. We were eating lunch, just talking and had normal conversations and one of my buddies pulls out his phone and it tells me it's like Charlie Kirk just got shot. And at first I was like, there's no way. I didn't I didn't believe it. For I my fault. I wanted my dad text me. I saw fifteen so notifications from news, outwits and everything people texted me, and it was it was unbelievable. It just seemed unreal to think that something like that could have happened.
Speaker 3: I know my first thought because it was a group text that I have with a couple of friends, one of them being your dad. One of the friends sent us a video. It was from a long range and I'm like, is this real? And then I think it's your dad found the closer video that unfortunately most of us have seen, and then you knew it was way too real, and it was I think at the moment I saw that video, I realized this wasn't going to have a happy ending.
Speaker 7: Yeah right.
Speaker 3: Tell me what your your first thoughts were when you when you saw and heard the news that Charlie had ultimately been killed.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean, and I heard about it and it was just hard to believe. And like you said, I saw that video and At first, I was like, there's just no way. I mean, it's gotta be AI or something. It can't be real. And then I went on Twitter and Instagram then started seeing like Fox News Post and bright Bart and all these nudes outwits, and that's when it get really hit me. It was like, oh, we grab that it really happened. And it was just hard to believe that somebody who was just voicing their opinions on something and helping out so many others just got killed like that. It was hard to believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was actually recording a special episode talking about the fact that he had been shot when the announcement came over that he ultimately was killed. And it still blows my mind. And the fact that someone on a college campus, assuming that the official story is the true story, that someone could become so radicalized to the point that they felt that the best course of action was to kill him and not sit there and debate him, not sit there and challenge his beliefs, but they felt like they had to in his life so that way his voice could be taken away from him.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, as a conservative, does that give you any pause to want to continue to speak out or be be active in the conservative movement.
Speaker 7: If anything, it's such fire under me. I mean, I remember after it happened and I found out that we did have a turning Point chapter. I'm in a pie cap of five for Turnity at Southern miss And I immediately texted in our little group chat. I was like, hey, there's a turning Point chapter. I think we all should join it, all get involved. And I had about ten or fifteen guys joined with me. So, I mean, we've we've all been trying to do as much as we can and like to not be silenced. So I think it's it's important for us not to be because if we if we are silence and we do stop talking about it, you know, the other side wins, and that's that's not what needs to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me a little bit about you know, what drove you to being a conservative Because a lot of folks, younger folks, they tend to lean a little bit more liberal than conservative, just maybe because they haven't lived life the way that they should. But you, being a younger person that is already fully invested in the conservative belief tell me what appealed to you and drove you to become a conservative.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So I think my two biggest inspirations as far as my political views is number one by dad Nae definitely number two center Chris McDaniel. I remember my dad running for Superintendent of Education when I was four or five years old. I remember being on the campaign trail with him going into the rock one of four office and recording to add for and when I was, you know, a young kid, and it just always it's always been, It's always been part of my life, honestly, and it was I didn't really know anything else, and it was something that I truly loved and gravitated to, like I will never forget, you know, twenty fourteen being I think I was seven or eight years old with my dad passing out Christian Daniel signs and knocking on doors, and it's just always been a huge part of me. And then when Chris mc daniel ran for Lieutenant governor, kind of being in the war room Den on the Coast and seeing all the results come in. It's something that I've just truly truly loved. And seeing the whole the conservative movement and seeing how you know, the establishment tries to shut us down. It just it's one of those kind of just really makes you mad, and it makes you just want to do more and continue to push your narrative. And it's just something that I've always truly believed in and something that I think everybody else seems to see.
Speaker 3: You can talk about Chris. He was there on your campus yesterday at the Charlie Kirk Prayer Visual and of course it was sponsored by that Turning Point chapter that you're a part of. I understand you weren't able to attend it yesterday, but have you since gone online and watched Chris's speech.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend, and I've not yet had the time to go, and I think there was a live stream. I haven't had the time yet to go back and watch. I'm definitely going to do that soon.
Speaker 3: You know, Chris pretty much spoke on the fact that we've got to continue to fight and spoke highly of Charlie. I don't know if you heard the last episode or it was also the last episode or the one of the last episodes of Chris McDaniel's America where he kind of turned it over to me and let me run an interview with him, and Chris knew Charlie, you know, that was somebody that he actually knew, and you know, to ask him that same question, does it give you pause? Does it make you want to back away? He said absolutely not. And I think that that's very telling that a lot of us that have platforms that have microphones that we're not running away because we're scared somebody might come after us. And I think that that's important that young people like you maintained that as well, because we've got to have folks like you that are willing to jump in this fight. Because I hate to say it, but we're getting older. We're about getting ready to hand the torch to you guys and see, uh see, you guys take it to the next level. What do you think of that? Do you think you're ready to take on the take the torch and run with it.
Speaker 7: I think I've definitely tried my best to, you know, learn as much as I can from all the guys who have kind of paved the way for me. And I think that, you know, being around all of them, it's taught me a lot, and it's taught me enough to where I do believe that you know, older generation moves on. I do believe I could step in and you know, do what's right and make a difference.
Speaker 3: Now, Republicans, again, they're they're the better of the two parties, but they're not always right, and we've seen that multiple times, especially right here in the state of Mississippi, where you've seen bad Republican actors continue to push us further and further to the left. How cham allenging is it for you to maybe convince some of the younger folks that, hey, maybe we need to look at these primaries a little bit more and stop just electing the old guard because we always have right.
Speaker 7: So Yeah, one thing I always tell people is it's it's not just Republican versus Democrat. There's there's differences on each side. Like you said, Republicans you have here more conservative, more more right wing, you know, want to push things. You also have your more left leaning Republicans. I think it's very important for people to actually get involved and you know, care about politics enough to investigate both sides of the Republican Party because there's there's differences. Everybody has their own beliefs, and I think it's very important for people to genuinely pay attention and not just look at a look at it r on a piece of paper and check the box. Or it's not just red and blue. It's about it's about morals and standards and what people believe. And it's not it's not just what people tell you to believe. It's it's you. It's your do need to do your part and investigate things and make your own decisions.
Speaker 3: What do you think of term limits? Do you think that we need congressional term limits considering how many people have gone up there and turn getting elected into a career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I think term moment is one of those things that are almost a necessity. There's so many people in Jackson and Washington who have been making the wrong decisions for far too long, and I think it's it's time to get them out and let like you said, the older generations have to step away and pass the torch. I think it's time for them to move on and let the younger generations step in andto It's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they won't because they understand that they don't want to give up that title. They don't want to give up the perks that go with the position. And that's why term limits is probably the only way we're ever going to see some of the old guard go out. I mean, we've got folks serving in Congress and in the Senate that are the wrong side of eighty and you can't tell me, I don't care how well put together, how well you take care of yourself, at some point you're going to reach an age where you're diminishing. Look, I'm fifty years old. I feel like I'm diminishing. So I understand that more than I did at your age, obviously, and it just to me it feels like if we don't get some type of term limits, we're never going to be able to move away from that because there's so many people that just don't take the time to do the research. And some of it is they leave busy life schedules, whatever the case, there's so many reasons excuses that people can have for not engaging the way that they should, and those people are more prone to vote for the incumbent merely because they always have and they've never taken the time to look at the incumbent's record exactly.
Speaker 7: I fully agree to kind of go back to moments when you come about well, declineinget you know, either mental health or physical. You see Joe Biden's mental acquility and enduring his presidency. But yeah, I want a more like a local note. I mean, I'm sure we've all seen the video of Delver Hoseman passing out in the in the chamber in Jackson, and now he's running for governor. It kind of makes you wonder. It's like, should this guy really be leading our state? And in my opinion, no, he shouldn't. I think it's time for him to help him to go home, sit down, and not have a part in this anymore.
Speaker 3: Look, anybody that listens to the show knows I'm no fan of Delbert Hoseman, but when that incident happened, it was nothing but prayers for the man, because again, I don't wish I'll on him, but I think it is a glaring example of why it's time for him to step away. Because again, you've been there, you've done your thing. Let's let's move out of the way. Let's let the next group step up. But folks like Delbert Hoseman are just one example of a big time plague on our governments that just won't go away, that they just want to hold on to that power. They want to have that title or in this case, that next title that is so intoxicating for them that they don't want to let it go. And that's where it's going to be. And I hate to put this on you, Carson, but that's where the challenge is going to be on your side, your generation, because you're going to be the guys that are going to either have to run against these type of people or work your tail off for folks to try to get them out of office. And as you know for helping with some of Chris's campaigns, that's not always the easiest thing to do because they're going to have mountains of more money than any challengers ever going to have. Yeah, well, tell me what your message would be to somebody that's wanting to jump in that fray, wanting to try to challenge for this race or for any race.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So I think I mean, anybody who watches the news, you know, sees what happens on a day to day basis, and sees the problems, and I just think it's gonna it just takes getting younger people to be realize that getting involved in politics is one of the only ways to make a difference of what's going on in the country. You can just keep on voting the same people in and expecting changes. If you really want to change it, just are It's an elect on a ballot. And that's just my opinion, and I think it it just it's gonna take. It's going to take me getting people on page with on on board with me, and getting them to follow the same footsteps as you know. So these guys who have paved the path and make their own path and not just jump on the path of other people and keep on following it.
Speaker 3: Do you think that this assassination of Charlie Kirk, do you think that that is a turning point? Pun it not intended, but it certainly works in this case. But do you think that's a turning point in opening the eyes to a lot of young people who may have had their eyes closed a little bit?
Speaker 7: Yeah, one do. Like I said, I mean, I'm in a fraternity here at Southern Myths, and I got a bunch of my Opternity brothers to join the turner Point Chapion. And I also had conversations with some of them who were like, oh, politics and stupid. Politics is stupid. And I had conversations with them, it's like thinking it's stupid, it's part of the problem. You're you're not making a difference. And I got several to like really understand that if they don't get involved, they don't do something about it, it's just going to be a continued, continuous cycle of problems. So I think it's it's definitely one made a huge impact. It open people's eyes to seeing the true problems and realizing that it's on them to fix it.
Speaker 3: Do you think you would have gotten ten of your fraternity brothers to sign up if this had not happened.
Speaker 7: To Charlie, I'd say probably not. Probably not.
Speaker 3: That's that's sad that it takes something like that to happen to make folks wake up and see because again, this this culture war is pretty rough, and you're right there on ground zero a college campus, and that's where you see that a lot of the liberals out there, they're not really nice when you have a different opinion. They they're very compative in the way that they try to challenge. They're not necessarily wanting to debate you, They're wanting to come right right at you. How much of that have you seen there? At USM. Have you seen the more militant, loud liberal or or is it a little bit more subdued there at Southern.
Speaker 7: I think it's definitely a mixture of both. Like kind of said in my American Government class, the students that were in the very liberal students in there were definitely the type you just yell at you and try to belittle you, and it was never a serious debate. It was just a kind of push their narrative and it's their way or no way, never hearing out both sides of an issue. It was always just them pounding you for not believing what they believe. But then at the same time, I've also seen, you know, there'll be people out like we call it Founder Square, a little water fountain. People will stand out there and and debate all the time, and it's sometimes that's a little bit more of a you know, a back and forth of discussion and not just debate. So it's it's definitely a decent mixture on that other mess of that.
Speaker 3: What would you like to see, you know, with your chapter there, the turning point chapter there? Would you like to see that? I know unfortunately we lost Charlie, but would you like to see them hold a debate and have maybe somebody come in and fill that role and sit sit down and have an open discussion with students there on campus.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that would be that'd be great. I think it would really You know, Southern miss is a smaller institution. You have an old miss Missippi State, and then you know those schools are even more liberal than Southern myss Is. But I think getting a good conservative movement at Southern Mills would really put put this place on the map and would get people here preparing them to once they graduate, and like you said, stepping into those roles where the older generation is about to step down and pass the torch. I think getting stuff started here is almost like it's where it needs to begin. So I think, like you said, having debates, having discussions, getting people to open their eyes, I think that's very very important. I'd love to see it here.
Speaker 3: One of the things, and I've put this warning out on the show before that is important for young people to hear and to understand, is as you get involved, you're going to have members of the establishment wing of the party that are going to try to get their hooks in you and invite you to events and different things that are going to be fun, and they're gonna try to show you these perks so that way you go along with them. And it's important that young people understand that some of these folks, they're not necessarily showing up on campus, are reaching out to you because they really interested in you. They're there to try to co opt you and co opt your beliefs and try to get you to follow along with them. As you get more friends involved in this political process, how do you, because you've been through, you've been on the other side, how do you see yourself trying to warn folks against some of these more establishment members of the party.
Speaker 7: Right, So, I think it kind of goes back to what I said earlier. You just have to get people to, like I said, think for themselves and not just not take not taking in everything somebody tells you, you know, kind of take things that they tell you and process it and not just take everything in. I mean, I think it's really important to kind of dissect what people tell you or I was like, this might not be right, this might not be right, and just kind of almost forming your own opinions from what other people are saying and then going with that, not just following one group of one group of people what they believe. I think it's important to get people to really make their own decisions and go their own way.
Speaker 3: Now, Carson, have you been following some of the insanity going on with Washington with this government shut down? Have you been keeping much of an eye on that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I have a little bit, nothing, not not too much.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, it's really one of those things that the Democrats they're drawn a line in the sand, like they normally do. They want to keep Obamacare funded and make sure that we are able to fund healthcare for illegal immigrants, which of course is asinine considering the fact that we are running a massive deficit, which don't get wrong, Republicans are guilty of growing that deficit just as much as the Democrats. But in this instance, they're wanting to try to protect non citizens and that just seems to be insane to me that this is the line in the sane that they're wanting to draw. And of course the flip side of it is a shut down government doesn't really affect me you too much. I mean, they want to try to pretend it's this massive thing, but really and truly, it's not going to affect most Americans with government being shut down. What's your whole takeaway on government being shut down?
Speaker 7: See, in my opinion, it's almost kind of useless. I mean I've had several people call to me and be like, what does it mean? And I was like, it really doesn't. They just couldn't agree on something, but it has almost no effect on you. So I was like, it always just seems like a waste of time to the almost.
Speaker 3: Well, it's political theater. I mean, that's the purpose it serves. It's something that the Democrats can grandstand on, the Republicans can grandstand a little bit all but the national media is going to continue to paint it like it's this doomsday scenario that it really isn't. And I think that the Democrats are playing a game with the wrong president because I don't think President and Trump. Now. I still think Republicans in Congress will probably cave because that's what we've seen time and time out again they cave ninety nine point nine percent out of the time. But Trump's a different entity, and I don't see him being willing to cave the way that we've seen in the past. You know, but I still don't trust our Congress. What's your takeaway. Do you think that this will be another one of those long drawn out battles that ultimately the Republicans blink? First, yeah, I do.
Speaker 7: Agree with that. I think it's going to be an it's just going to be a cycle for a while. And I want if you saw the picture in the Oval office, Trump had like make America Great Again hats and said twenty twenty eight on it, which I mean, I'm sure we can all have our own opinions on that, but it was just that kind of goes to show that he's he's not going to back down. He's going to stand strong of what he believes, and he's not going to change his ways just because someone else, someone else wants him to.
Speaker 3: Well, you brought it up, so I'm gonna ask the question. You know, Trump has floated this idea of a third term. Right, first off, I don't think he's constitutionally eligible, and I'm not in favor of it. And another reason I'm not in favor of it is his age at the time that he would be starting a third term would be way older than I think we should be electing someone to President. That doesn't mean I don't like President Trump. That doesn't mean that I don't think he's doing a good job. But I think that the and for the most part, I think a lot of the talk of a third term is done to agitate the Democrats and the liberals in general. But what's your take. Let's let's let's say that this is an honest thing, that he's actively trying to push for a third term. Do you think that Trump Trump should be granted a third term.
Speaker 7: I don't think so. I don't think it's, like I said, constitutionally, it's just it's just not right. And also, going back the way said well ago, it's time of these older guys to pass the torch the younger generation. You know, it's the country is not meant to have the same people over and over and over and over and over again leading us. It's time for you know, a new a new look on things now. I think it's it's just not right to have the same person you continuing their continuing to turn out Carson.
Speaker 3: Have you ever read Barry goldwald Water's Conscious of a Conservative.
Speaker 7: I think I've read parts of it, but not not all of it.
Speaker 3: It's a short book, and it's a it's a pretty easy read. I actually have the audio book on my phone, so every now and then if I've got a long drive and I'll go back to it because I think it lays the foundations for our belief and I think it's something that's very important for young people such as yourself, to read, understand, and embrace because I think Barry Goldwater painted a true picture of what it means to be conservative, and I definitely encourage you to finish that book for sure.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 3: The biggest fight I think in one of the biggest fights in our country. I wouldn't say the biggest, but one of the big fights in our country right now is this push for transgenderism, this push for women having to compete against biological males in sports, and this insane idea that you can wake up tomorrow and today your cars and tomorrow you're Annie. If you want to, you can just wake up and decide that you're a female. What's your take on this push from the left? I mean, do you think that this is them going way to the extreme and something that has really pushed us to the point to where you have Donald Trump back in the White House, seeh.
Speaker 7: I think the whole transgend transgenderism issue is just it's just insane to make I personally, I just I don't get it. And I think I think it's one of those where the media almost pushes it and makes it seem acceptable when it really shouldn't be. And I say, definitely here, I see that. I see that every day. It's not as much of a problem as far as like the sports go, but it's just walking around campus and you kind of observe things. It's just it's kind of unreal to think about. For me personally, it's it's hard to ride my head around, hard to understand.
Speaker 3: Do you have tender neutral bathrooms there on campus?
Speaker 7: Yes, there are, there are a few, I know, I know if it at least one or two.
Speaker 3: That's just that that just blows my mind. You know again, I can't understand, you know. And if look, if you want to live your life a certain way, that's fine, make make your choice, you live it however you won't. But the problem here is you're asking me to live in your delusion with you. And that's where I have a problem.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And this whole idea of gender neutral bathrooms, if that was the the fix. As long as you still had the traditional male and female bathrooms, then so be it. But that's not what they want. They want to have the right to walk into a female's restroom despite the fact that there's still a biological male, right, And that's that's that's why I don't think that the gender neutral bathrooms is going to be a winning proposal ever, because that's not what they want. They want total domination.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no doubt. I mean, I have two younger sisters. I mean if I ever saw, you know, a biological man walking into the bathroom and not your sisters walking there, I mean that they would that there'd be a problem. There would be a problem.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I don't think. I mean, I think gender neutral bathrooms are it's just another another thing of discussion. It's just another It's it's not it's not fixing anything, it's just causing another issue. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 3: You know, you you talked about having little sisters. One of them's playing sports, correct, one of them plays softball.
Speaker 7: Right, yes she does.
Speaker 3: What would you say if they tried to put a mail on her team and that that boy, that is that now identifying it as a girl takes her spot from her, How would that make you feel?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's just not fair. And I don't I don't quite understand how the same liberals who are pushing for women's rights are also going to allow biological males to take things away from women. It just it makes no sense. It's like someone's two based. It's like a complete, complete one eight from each other. It just makes it makes no sense to me. I don't, I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: The other big issue, of course, and we we alluded to it when we talked about the government shutdown, of course, is illegal immigration in this country, and the left tries to flip this into a racial thing when it truly is not. It is an issue of we just want you to come here the right way, We want you to follow the laws, and that's not what's happening here. I mean, the left doesn't even like to call them illegal immigrants. They want to call them undocumented. They want to bypass the fact that they entered the country illegally and give them blanket amnesty, which is an absurd idea because all that would do is encourage more people to flush over the border. Tell me again. You know, being on a college campus, I'm sure that you see a lot of folks that are on the other side trying to say we should just leave them alone. They're just here trying to work. Tell me some of the things you've seen in that argument there on campus.
Speaker 7: Yes, so it really I really haven't seen all that much about you know, the border being an issue. I know, obviously it is an issue, but I haven't really seen all that much on campus about I mean, every now and then I'll see one of those liberal organizations at Southern miss like you post about it, But for the most part, I really really haven't seen all that much about it on campus.
Speaker 3: So you hadn't encountered professors trying to push that narrative on you just yet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that I have not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll come your junior and senior year. Once you get in the more advanced classes. That's when they'll start hitting you with those professors. You know again, you you talked about being a music major and dealing with being isolated, you know, being one of the few conservatives in that chosen field of study. Tell me, do you ever feel like you need to keep to yourself what you believe when you see certain people around you in certain classes and you know where they stand on stuff. Are there ever times where you feel like, okay, maybe that's maybe it's not wise for me to voice up that I'm a conservative, right.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think definitely almost like the odd one out in all my classes because I knew no one else believed the same way I did. So honestly, this this semester is I did. I'm doing construction management, so I did change my major, and I think definitely that had a large one to play in. It was one of those things that this is how it is in school, and I know, like I've always heard stories about the industry of like music education and how liberal it is. I didn't. I didn't want to have any any part in it. So I think that's definitely it drove me to choosing a different, different path as far as occupation and schooling goes.
Speaker 3: I can understand, you know again going going there as a journalism major, it was it was definitely eye opening because every day, because being an older student at the time, I was not going to shout away from this agreeing with somebody or voicing my opinion on something, and I was constantly challenged. Now, I was prepared for the challenge, and I don't think that a lot of them were ready for me to be able to stand my ground. I remember one time I was working on a story and I got it done and one of the student editors said that maybe I needed to get a liberal opinion on this story and that maybe I should call Bennie Thompson's office. And I was like, no, I'm not calling Benny Thompson's office. Said I'm not giving him any credibility because I don't view him as a credible politician, which he was deeply offended by. And then one day, and this is where the story comes full circle course, and he was interning for a paper and he got the assignment because the paper was in Vicksburg, which is part of Benny's district. He got an assignment to go sit down and interview Benny. And he was a good, true Democrat and he was excited about getting the chance to interview him. Well, I remember calling him after the interview and he, uh, he was pretty quiet, and I said, what happened? He said, I think I think he may be right. I think I think he may be racist. I think he I think he only he only tends to cater to black folks, like you were saying. And I said, really, what what happened? He said, well, I walked in. The first thing he said was, oh, they couldn't send a brother, and that opened his eyes to Yeah, maybe I wasn't wrong about this guy, you know. So again that's uh, that's a story I will always remember, you know, because that's uh, that was. Now. It didn't change that kid's ideology. It didn't change him away from being a left leaning Democrat. Uh. He and I had me any interesting conversations, especially about the two thousand elections, because we were all right. He was one of the guys that drove down to Florida to protest for Al Gore. So that tells you where this guy stood. But I mean, again, it was it's always good to engage with the other side. And I think that's something that Charlie Kirk really did well because he was never afraid to have that open dialogue. And I don't think any of us should be afraid to have that open dialogue. I think we need more of that open dialogue. We need to have that willingness. Now that doesn't mean sitting there and listening to them brate you. But we need to have that willingness to sit down and have that discussion of Carson, do you have any interest in running for office yourself one day or do you view yourself more as somebody that would like to work behind the scenes for a campaign. To tell me where you see yourself once you get out of there in the realm of politics.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's dealy. Running for office is always something that I've I've thought about and considered and I have people tell me I should do it. It's one of those that you know, I've tried to surround myself with as many people that I know that I can learn from, and I think, you know, one of the best ways for me to make the difference that I want to would be to run for office. I mean, even behind the scenes it's like a big difference, but being in office, I think that's kind of the the best way to make a difference. There's something that I definitely have thought about and have considered. So I'm excited for to see in the future, like what God has planned for me as far as you know, my role in the political in the political world and in the government, and to see to see his plan for me. I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 3: Tell me about your faith and what role that plays in your political beliefs.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean I grew up Southern Baptist. You know, I was in church nine months before I was born. So it's definitely definitely played a large role in my you know, moral beliefs and all that stuff, as far as like you know, transgenderism goes with my beliefs on you know, homosexuality. So my my religion and my faith is something I've never back down from, and it's it's definitely guided me in the right path and make a decision that I've made.
Speaker 3: Absolutely we need we need that guidance. And that's to me, that's part of what's wrong with our society as a whole, is we've moved away from Christ as a nation and we're worse all for it, you know. And I think that's part of the problem you see with the modern American left, is they really are hostile towards Christianity. One of the stories I've told before is being in Chicago. We had gone to a Cubs game up there in Chicago, and after the game, there was a guy standing on the street corner with his religious sign, trying to preach to folks leaving the ballgame, which you know, you can argue maybe that wasn't the place for it or what, or maybe that was the exact place that he should be doing it. But the simple thing to do if you didn't like what he was saying or you didn't agree with it, was to just walk past him and ignore it. But that's not what a lot of these folks were doing. They were screaming obscenities at him, telling him how horrible he was, and just you know, berating him for being there. And to me, just that spoke volumes, and I think that's why me personally think that yes, he was right where he should have been, because he had to encounter that type of hostility merely because he was there trying to preach the gospel to folks that probably needed well. The ones that were acting the way they did absolutely needed to hear it, right, but they were that hostile to it. And we've seen this hostility taken to multiple levels now again, and I'm gonna ask you about this too, because you it's not just Charlie Kirk's assassination. We've seen the left grow more and more violent towards people spouting an opinion they disagree with. And I think a lot of that stems from the fact that our mainstream media, a lot of the entertainers, they will throw fascists out there at Donald Trump, myself, probably you if you continue down this path, they've caught you a Nazi. They say these things that continue to dehumanize us to the point to where a deranged kid in Utah will think it's a good idea to take that shot. And tell me, what role do you think that this rhetoric that the left has been throwing out is playing in some of the violence acts and the assassination of Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 7: See. I think they're you know, throwing all those words he said, fascist and Nazis, and it's make people, you know, just believe that everyone who disagrees with you is just wrong. And I think, kind of going back to what I said earlier, it's important think for themselves and not just take these words people are throwing out and really thinking that these people are bad people. I mean, we all disagree, we all have different differentiating opinions. That's just you know, part of life. I mean, that's part of the reason why this country was founded so we could all, you know, think for ourselves. And it's it's ridiculous to me seeing the left throw out those words and just assuming that we're all bad people for disagreeing with each other. That's ridiculous thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and it's it's one thing to say you disagree, but to continue to go down this level that they have, of this dehumanizing level, I mean, look at what they're doing to ice agents. I mean, they're making them out to be bad people. They are government agents doing the job that they were assigned to do, and they're calling them modern day storm troopers and whatever thing they can throw out there. And as such, you see these rioters attacking these agents, and to me, the absurdity that we are continuing to watch here is on full display. And just it's one of those things where it should be obvious to people that they have pushed us down this path. And yet something like what happened to Charlie Kirk, the assassination attempt on Donald Trump last summer. You know, they they try to say, well, we need to tone down the rhetoric, and then that lasts about a week and then they go right back to it right, and it just it seems to me that they they never I won't even say they never learned their lesson. I think it's a case of they know they're not going to change because they like the radicalization that they have started with certain individuals.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I completely agree with that. I mean, it's one of those things where they start all these problems and then they face repercussions from it, but they never stop. It keeps on going as a constant cycle of, like I said, throwing out those names and it's thrown out that that rhetoric, and it's just it's horrible.
Speaker 3: It's horrible. It definitely is, and it's very frustrating to sit down and watch, especially knowing that as a conservative, I'm one of the ones that they're going to call. But again, to me, if a true fascist is the one that wants to deny my right to say what I think a true fascist does. A guy that climbs up on a roof and kills a man who is merely encouraging debate, that is a true fascist right there, So they are the very thing that they claim to hate. That's right, right, you know, let me ask you this one. Have you seen any protest over the Israeli Palestinian conflict there on campus. Have you encountered any of that since that all became a hot thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, for sure, That's definitely been one of the bigger issues that I've seen pushed on campus to hold free Palestine movement and people just doing outrageous, crazy things that make no sense, Like you've seen these people gluing their hands on the road and all this stuff to free Palestine. I don't I don't quite understand how that affects anything, but yeah, I see I've seen a lot of that on campus, people protesting and like I said, trying to push the rhetoric in if you're if you don't agree with them, like you said, you're a fascist in the Nazi and a all the all these terms I like to throw out, and it's it's something that I've I've definitely seen a lot on campus.
Speaker 3: You know, how many of those kids do you think actually have any understanding of what's going on over there? Do you do you think that they're just listening to some professor sir they're on campus that's telling them that this is where you should stand, and they're not doing real research. On the issue.
Speaker 7: One hundred percent agree. I think it's a lot of just following the crowd, you know. I think that's one thing your parents always tell you when you first come to college is don't follow the crowd, you know, kind of make your own decisions. Well, that's not even on a that's not even a social thing. That should be a political thing too. It don't just follow the crowd of what their politically are, you know, do your own research and make your own opinions. And I think that a lot of people just don't do that.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, you know again, because you know Donald Trump getting re elected last year in a landslide. What's what's been your opinion so far of this year? One of the return to Donald Trump? What what have you What have you seen that you've liked? Is there anything that you've seen as a young person you haven't been a fan of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've definitely. I think now there's been a lot more of him standing on his words and standing on you know, what he said, and I've really enjoyed seeing that and then you know, not waiting things slide and actually stirring the pot, you know, causing problems. I think I like seeing all that and you know, not not following the crowd, and which mean he's never been the one to follow the crowd. But I think this term specifically has been a lot different than than his first term. So it's it's been it's been good to see someone actually doing what we've all wanted to see happen. It's it's good to see.
Speaker 3: I like seeing it actually, you know, fulfilling campaign promises and not just waiting until you run again, you know, to potentially do it. Yeah, Trump's Trump's definitely been far more active in maintaining those campaign promises than I think he wasn't his first term. And I don't think he did bad in his first term, but I don't think he was the I don't think he was. I think he was always more thinking in terms of running for reelection at that time. Plus I also think that Trump surrounded himself with bad advisors. I think he had a lot of the old school establishment wing as his advisors, and well, since he'd gone through that once before, he wasn't going to go through that again a second time. So I'm right there with you on that. I think I think Trump so far, we still got three more years, so I don't. I don't want to give them too much praise because I don't let me down. But we definitely have seen a a Trump that is nobody's push over during this term. Uh right, Carson, is there any message that you would like to leave with young people before I'll let you go? Uh, people your age, maybe even folks that are getting ready to go to college. What what message would you give them, especially if they're a conservative young person like yourself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I would definitely say, you know, Daniel ground, that's one of the most important things when you come to a college campus is stay your ground, believing you know your morals. It's like, don't don't stray from what you believe, don't want other people change your mind, put your own thought into things, make your own decisions, all that sort of stuff. Don't don't believe everything you hear. So, I think it's definitely important for us to, you know, understand that making your own decisions is the best thing you can do. And I think that's definitely my my thing that I'll tell everybody, it's make your own decisions.
Speaker 3: Well, Carson, I hope this isn't the last time that we have you on the right side. I hope that you'll come back and you know, share with us some some more tells of being there. It sounds like Southern missisn't. I know it's liberal because I went there myself. But maybe it's not as bad as well. We know it's not as bad as being out in Berkeley, California or someplace like that. But uh, maybe it's not as bad, but it's still bad enough when you see it's getting in doctor Native the way that they have. But I definitely applaud your courage in being able to stand up to them and whole hold strong to convictions. Carson. Don't let a professor come in there and tell you that everything your mom and your dad told you was wrong, because it wasn't.
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely well, Thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much, Carson, and we look forward to having you on again real soon.
Speaker 7: It stir thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, buy.
Speaker 3: Well, guys that that was a fun conversation there with Carson Wade, a sophomore at the University of Southern Mississippi, and talking about a little bit about his experience. It's not as bad as some of the other colleges in our university. But if you are a young person who is on a liberal institution, you want to call in sometime and give us your tells of problems being a conservative on a campus. We'd love to hear from you. You know, you can email me at TRS Radio ms at gmail dot com anytime you want and we can have you guys on and have a conversation with you, because we would absolutely love to have more conversations like that, and we look forward to having Carson back on here in the near future. You know, if you've never checked out the interview I did with Senator McDaniel's son, Cambridge McDaniel, it was an episode of Chris McDaniel's America that maybe in the future I'll release as a right Side episode as well, but encourage you to check that out as well, and it lets you know that there are young people out there that aren't paying attention and aren't letting liberal and doctor nation facilities like their universities or colleges sway them the wrong way. Guys, this has been the Right Side Radio program. Thank y'all so much for listening. We'll see you again real soon.
Speaker 1: When you are ready to double down, dive in, try for a show and not look back. Roll into Pearl River Resort.
Speaker 2: From tea times to table games, water slides by day, slots by night. Savor the flavors, feel the fun with big Let's Roll into Pearl River Resort must be twenty What Rolder to play? Gambling problem called One Hunter Gimbler.
Speaker 3: Check out the podcast Missing Link Jones County. It is a podcast that reveals information gathered by Investigator bad Windom of the Jones County Sheriff Department. These cases will be discussed or based on Windhom's own investigations and knowledge of each case. So join host Josh Guru Nichols and Jack Fairchild's as they discuss these cases bi weekly with investigator Wendom. This show is brought to you by the Laurel Leader Call and it is on all the major podcatchers such as iTunes, I Heart Radio, Spotify, Spreaker, Amazon Music. So like and subscribe to the podcast today. The Midnight Ride the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniel's America God and Country, The Right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out The Midnight Ride Today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content. Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairchild's The Right Side Radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative field then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mynpillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all my Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code m d Night r Ide and save big while getting the best night's sleep you've ever had.
Speaker 5: Go for the green with stay and play packages at the award winning Dancing Rabbit Golf Club. You'll love the comfort and convenience of the newly renovated Dancing Rabbit Inn. Beautiful single or double rooms and suites available poor it. Bring your group and stay at our elegant clubhouse, room, golf and dine packages starting at one hundred and thirty nine dollars. Book today called eight sixty six four four Pearl or online at Pearl Riverresort dot com.
Speaker 3: It's key to Pearl River Resort.