Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Well nothing from Graham, Okay. I was just very yeah.
Speaker 1: That excitedly about it. I asked the security guard this boy. I was like, what day is it? And our security guards like, oh dude, I like echo through the whole building.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's come on, it's let's bring it down.
Speaker 1: That's that excited, all right.
Speaker 3: First talk back of the Day TV show.
Speaker 4: My name's Mike.
Speaker 5: I'm calling from San Jose and I wanted I'm a little late. I'm actually very late. I want to give a shout out to my daughter Irie. Her birthday was on the thirtieth of November. Happy birthday, baby, I love you. You're turning into a great young woman.
Speaker 4: I love you. Thank you so much. AV Show, love you guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: All right, happy late.
Speaker 6: A little late at that point, why don't just like, why don't you just call her tell her happy birthday?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he wants to give her a shit.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not special.
Speaker 1: We got a walk show birthday shoutouts and so happy belated birthday, Irine, even though it was last month. But a good job dad. Another talk back.
Speaker 5: Good morning Graham, Selena jess, uh, this is Mike again calling. I left the message a few minutes ago, but I forgot to mention the shout out is from Jennifer, Nadia and your dad.
Speaker 4: All Right, have a great day, guys, Love you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, happy birthday, Iri. It was your birthday, I mean last month, but now that we know it's from Naughty and Dead. Yeah, yeah, so let's try it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, talk back.
Speaker 4: It's me again. Good morning JV Show.
Speaker 5: I forgot to mention my daughter, who I'm giving a shout out to, is turning the big one, oh ten years old. It's a mile so so I think I got everything out of the way. Anyways, have a good morning, Love you guys.
Speaker 2: That cat in the background does not sound happy.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, if this guy leaves another talkback, I am walking out of this house, like I can't sit here and listen to this guy leave another talkback. All right, she's turning ten okay, yeah, and it's from Nadia And it was last month, last month, very late. This happy birthday, very good.
Speaker 6: Nah, we did it. Mariah Carrey's all I want for Christmas? Do you guys know how much she makes? She earns only like one center around there every single time the song is streamed, But it does add up. So far in streaming alone, she's made more than sixty million dollars seriously yep. And it doesn't include money through album sales like when the song came out, or download licensing and other types of royalties like when the song is played on TV or in movies and stuff.
Speaker 2: Just streaming alone. Sixteen mil.
Speaker 1: How much how many cents do we get every time somebody streams the JV show on the very free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That would be zero body.
Speaker 1: We don't even get a sent not even one penny. We need her lawyer something to work hard dailure because a lot of people stream the show. That's one of the best ways to do it, of course, on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: So here's that's really interesting.
Speaker 6: So the song came out in nineteen ninety four, right, but you couldn't buy it on its own, like as a single. Whenever you bought it it had it was like on the album. You had to buy the entire album, and so it was never able to make the Hot one hundred because back then to be able to be on the Hot one hundred chart. You had to be a physically commercially available single, and so this one song was never able to chart until twenty nineteen comes along the song just Woops skyrockets to the top of the chart because of streaming, because.
Speaker 1: Of digital streaming, So nobody back then was like, we should put this thing on its own CD, just by itself.
Speaker 3: It was just part of her holiday album.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety four, that was a CDs, right, I was still in diapers, probably.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I've heard my grandparents talk about it.
Speaker 2: What are those?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 7: She has what every artist wants, right because listen, the year goes on, I really forget about the song. Then Christmas comes along and I am it's all you hear, yeah, And I'm happy about it. Like I love this song, so no matter where I hear it, I'm singing along.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: It's a good song and you get her little break from it, which helps good. Since first going number one in twenty nineteen, it's hit the top of the charts every single year, so this will be like the fifth consecutive year that this song is most likely going to do it. This is her Mariah Carey's four This is her. Let me start paying sentence over. This song has spent fourteen consecutive weeks at the top of the charts.
Speaker 3: Let's see here. I have a lot of facts for you.
Speaker 6: It became Mariah's nineteenth number one song, putting her just one behind the Beatles record of twenty How old.
Speaker 2: Is hit number one in twenty six countries? That's a good question. Old is Maria Carrey?
Speaker 1: That's a because I mean she's had a long, very long successful creer. That's it? What do you mean? That's it?
Speaker 2: Oh? By the way, she's accomplished so much. I don't know why.
Speaker 7: I thought if you search up her name on Google, little snowflakes, come down, look at Google.
Speaker 2: Google.
Speaker 6: One last stat to wrap this up, it's closing in on two billion streams on Spotify this year. Definitely wow, a billion streams and she gets a cent on everyone.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 7: And she doesn't have to do anything throughout the year. She just pops out at the end and then does her thing.
Speaker 6: And just do that math two billion streams, one cent for every string stream.
Speaker 2: That would you use? Carry to three and then you multiply by seven. Take the screw.
Speaker 7: We'll forget to divide, right, pendas, I'm gonna go ahead and say two billions.
Speaker 1: She gets two billion dollars from one cent on two billion streams.
Speaker 6: That's two billion pennies. Now convert that dollars dollars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh day oh, this is more math than I'm ready for.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then so then you're the one make sure you're using the denominated off the num.
Speaker 2: Like a bunch of zeros that they're going to move.
Speaker 1: The zero is already there, zeros are there.
Speaker 2: Two hundred billion.
Speaker 1: Dollars and be two billions, and then we're not going we're not getting into the next Sol figures this out and you cannot use billion dollar.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, hold on, we started with okay, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no billion street. Let's start it. Let me just explain the math part. You've got two billion streams, she gets one penny from each one. How many dollars is that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: That would be, that would be, that would be million, the millions in the millions.
Speaker 1: You're going to move the decimal hoy a couple of places, so you might want to get out two hundred million dollars she's gotten off of this.
Speaker 9: Are you even trying come on, No, you can't use a calculator.
Speaker 1: Okay, stop, No, she just cheated.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't looked. I literally just checked it.
Speaker 9: Jack.
Speaker 2: We're running leg next about Yeah, I'm under pressure. I'm sweating.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you have two billions, then you would have to you would have.
Speaker 1: To own what would you do?
Speaker 2: Divide way what I'm gonna pick.
Speaker 1: The show, Jess.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play Rihanna.
Speaker 6: You have exactly three minutes and fifteen seventy.
Speaker 1: You could not use a calculator. Calculator.
Speaker 2: If you do not have the answer at the end of Rihanna, you're fired.
Speaker 1: You're fired The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, she's still working on it.
Speaker 2: I just I'm just locking it in.
Speaker 6: I just locked with Rihanna on a wildly for nine in the base number one hit music station.
Speaker 2: We are the JV Show.
Speaker 1: I'm Selena.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So, Jess Mariah Carey song All I Want for Christmas is closing in on two billion streams on Spotify.
Speaker 2: We learned Shar's about.
Speaker 6: One cent per stream, which would mean which would be a bonny.
Speaker 7: So yes, they're a billion pennies. I mean, wait, two billion pennies.
Speaker 1: You said how many dollars? Is two dollars?
Speaker 2: I had said twenty million, But I don't think that's correct. Well, what is your final walk?
Speaker 1: Your final judges?
Speaker 2: Okay, well then what why couldn't we just wait? I thought I thought I lived in waiting. Wait, didn't say that was wrong? You said you guess yourself? Are You're so serious? You had me questioning my whole entire life over here. You said like two hundred million or something. I thought I said twenty You kept going bigger first, Okay, no, you were going much bigger. Okay, Well I feel better about myself right now then, but I was.
Speaker 1: It only took six minutes to figure it out.
Speaker 9: That's even.
Speaker 2: I kept questioning myself and my math, and I am extremely sweaty right now. All right, well you're not fired. That's a good news.
Speaker 1: Just the JV show on Wild ninety four nine, I JV shows, This.
Speaker 4: Is outs out of San Ramon.
Speaker 10: And I'd just like to know how to donate to Justice Months Practices. Maybe during the winter break.
Speaker 1: Man, that was painful.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm starting a gofund me. Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: Some math tutoring would be nice.
Speaker 3: All right, we're the JV Show.
Speaker 2: It's time for.
Speaker 1: The four things you need a heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 2: This is not a drill.
Speaker 6: The Mega Millions jackpot has now.
Speaker 2: Grown to the tenth largest in the game's history. People, get your tickets.
Speaker 6: The jackpot right now has an estimated five hundred and seventy nine million dollars.
Speaker 3: Next drawing is this Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna win that. Warriors fans, oh no. After a very hot, hot start, the team now finds themselves in the midst of a very rough losing street. The Warriors were in Denver last night taking on the Nuggets. They lost one nineteen to one fifteen, which means they have now lost five straight games. I don't think that's happened too many times for the Warriors. With Steph Curry in the lineup, the Warriors are now twelve and eight on the season, will look to break the streak tomorrow at Chase Center against the Rockets.
Speaker 7: Claire Skys continue, but so do the Chilli nights and mornings, so stay warm. Daytime highs will remain in the sixties and low's in the forties.
Speaker 1: Hey, lebra bestI watch out because your day today is a lowly six. Use today to restore some beauty and organization at home, make prepares and edit the clutter, avoid travel and other extra expenses. I'm getting a translation clean your house.
Speaker 3: Shure, it's not for capricorns, that's me.
Speaker 1: It says it's for lib Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: Every Wednesday we do our cooler not listens when we throw some things out and we ask cool or not. We even talked about boo baskets yep, talked about thank.
Speaker 1: You baskets not cool and not cool.
Speaker 6: Two words burr baskets cool or not burns like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Burr basket.
Speaker 1: Is there a blanket in there?
Speaker 2: A blanket, slippers, whatever.
Speaker 1: You want, just cozy stuff.
Speaker 6: It's the same as the other ones, but just the designs on this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's yeah. Holiday themes.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna say not cool for this one.
Speaker 3: I say it's cool. I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: I want not cool. Why do we need Christmas presents before Christmas presents? Just wait for Christmas presents.
Speaker 2: I think this is a cute thing to like gift your coworkers to like, you know, to give you Graham, So are we going to get a bird? Yeah, Grammy should give.
Speaker 3: Us a burd basket.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I think Jess was asking I missed because she loves the idea, the ideas I'm getting one.
Speaker 2: I'm with Selena Graham. You need to give get some No.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting Christmas before the Christmas presents.
Speaker 3: But you don't give us actual Christmas present.
Speaker 1: You think people are on the office. I've gotten you Christmas presents before. And you think people are on the office want to give their coworkers another gift prior to the stupid gift exchange.
Speaker 6: I mean for those like us who don't do a gift exchange, well.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, your work, Beastie. I think it's a cute thing.
Speaker 7: The only reason why I'm not with this one, and I was with the Halloween and the thing giving, because there weren't, like Graham said, there weren't separate gifts that are attached to those holidays, whereas with Christmas, you're already going to give somebody a gift.
Speaker 2: So you either make the gift the bird basket, yes, or you That's what I'm That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to I'm not going to double up like I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, my issue with it So for Christmas, what you would like is a burr basket.
Speaker 6: From you, because I mean, I don't have a present ni my tree every year from Graham Herbert of Napola.
Speaker 2: So yeah, give me a burb basked.
Speaker 1: What do I have to put in this stupid thing?
Speaker 6: Handy socks, a little blanky, maybe candles?
Speaker 1: I hate it. It sounds like to make me buy you like ten different small gifts when really I'd like to give you just one mug, you know what I mean? And now I got to give you a blank and all kinds of stuff. I'm out for that reason. I'm out. Not cool. We don't need burd baskets. What's going to be next? Have leprecawn baskets.
Speaker 6: He's going to start making one for every single month. What's the next Easter baskets?
Speaker 1: Yes, well March April. No, we have Leprecawn baskets for St.
Speaker 6: Patrick's Day, Valentine's, Valentine's Day, on our holidays backwards.
Speaker 3: We apologize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a V basket a VA that sounds like something else.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving that away to everyone. You're not no, not my V basket, very.
Speaker 1: POSSI show everyone your V basket if you get one.
Speaker 3: You gotta pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh up a little bit. Yeah you got room The v Best the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 6: Okay, So my daughter, if you don't know, I have a daughter. Her name is Keana. She is twelve years old and a few months ago she banned me from talking about the air talking about her on the air because it is just so embarrassing and oh.
Speaker 2: God, like, oh my god, is that your mom?
Speaker 6: And uh, yeah, so I'm not allowed to like post her unless she approves of the photo. And I definitely cannot talk about her on the air. So when I do, it's before she gets in the car to go to school. Smart like right now. Anyways, she is uh or she was asking for an Instagram Do you guys remember this. Yeah, she's asking me if she can have an Instagram account. And at the time, like, I didn't know how to be like, no, I do not want you on Instagram because that just makes me nervous. You know, there's a lot of creeps on the air and stuff. And so what I told her is like, no, Instagram has a role. You have to be thirteen, like period, There's no work around that. Anyway, So that's just that's not happening. Oh no, she's turning thirteen on Friday. Oh and kids do not forget anything. Every single day she's been asking, mom, can I just make the account? I'm still going to be the same person on Friday, Like, nothing changes, It's still me.
Speaker 2: Why can't I just make it now?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, she has a.
Speaker 6: Good point, But my response to that is, okay, but if I turned twenty one, I don't get to go three days before to a bar because on birthday when we turned twenty one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I use my fake ID. But yeah, oh right, right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: Anyways, what do I do?
Speaker 1: So you never? Did you ever give a definitive answer.
Speaker 4: That you was?
Speaker 3: My answer is, we'll talk about it again when you're thirteen.
Speaker 1: So you just tried to punt it, yep, we'll do that later and then now it's time. Here it is now, we're here. Bought yourself some time, but now we're here.
Speaker 2: So what do I do? You're gonna cave? I know it. I know it too.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, maybe if I like, if I like have third rules that I probably won't follow, Like, hey, I need access to it has to be Instagram?
Speaker 1: Do the new teen accounts, didn't they make some changes on their own with some of their own safeguards which are probably very easy to work around, which aren't that great. I think you do have to just set some rules and some boundaries, because.
Speaker 3: She said all of her friends are on Instagram.
Speaker 6: She's the only one, and she's told me yesterday she was like, she's like, you're lucky that I.
Speaker 3: Even listened to you and I didn't make one already.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: You're right. She already has two accounts. You know that she got a.
Speaker 6: Couple of Otherwise she wouldn't have been so upset about wanting.
Speaker 2: To make one.
Speaker 1: I think. I mean, I get my vice is because yeah, you're not going to be able to.
Speaker 3: I can't keep her off forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. You just have to set the rules and the boundaries, and you have to have access to the account or whatever it may be, whatever you guys come up with, and then that has to be strictly followed, because if you start caving on those that the whole thing is gone.
Speaker 2: I have a close friends list on there. I don't. I don't think that should be allowed for a young.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't, but if I was her age, I would want one.
Speaker 2: But not a lot for my daughter.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to be on the close friends list, right, wouldn't that be the workaround?
Speaker 6: Yes, but I don't think that I want her well once she doesn't want to follow me because she doesn't want her friends to find my account know that I'm her mom followers. But at the same time, like this is this is my baby. I also don't want like strangers finding her account if they go through who I follow and see her accounts.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: We probably will not follow each other.
Speaker 1: But her account has to be private, right. Isn't that the whole point of the teen accounts or whatever?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But still yeah, so it's going to be private. The other thing, do you remember I was telling you guys about her birthday party.
Speaker 2: She wanted to invite boys.
Speaker 1: She was talking now we're talking.
Speaker 2: Well parties on Saturday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And after getting advice from you, Graham and Jess and you listening, I was going to do that. I was open and I was ready to wear if she brought it up again. I was going to allow it with rules like you guys said. But she never brought it up again, so I guess it's just a girl party like I wanted or.
Speaker 2: Did she take it as a yes? And guys are going to show.
Speaker 1: Up, going to show up? How do you know you're just going to stop by. Some of the dudes are just going to stop buying.
Speaker 2: She would tell me.
Speaker 6: She would ask me, okay, so so no boys. So this is like good and bad news. Yeah, good news, no boys, bad news. She's going to be on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next year, close friends list, old dudes, old dudes with the party. It's a slippery slopes, Lena, It's a slippery.
Speaker 2: Slope, all right, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 1: I wanted to see what you guys would do in this situation. How would you feel? Because this woman says she recently flew on United Airlines and when she got her bag from the baggage claim, it was kind of like it looked like something happened to it, sort of a little disheveled, and the bag looked a little beat up and maybe a little tear on the side of it. But then when she got home, that's when she discovered as she opened her luggage from her trip, all her underwear and her swimsuits were.
Speaker 2: All gone, are you serious?
Speaker 1: They had all been taken, and she's like, well, maybe I forgot to pack them or something. Oh my god, she quickly, because we all do this now when you're packing for a trip, you're recording it for social media. And so she went back and watched her own pack with Me video, and she did, in fact pack her underwear and her swim say, I have.
Speaker 3: Never I have never recorded a pack with me video.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I've seen them, but I haven't.
Speaker 1: As if we care what you're bringing on.
Speaker 6: Your trip, It's like, I don't want people to see how ideas, no that it's messy, it's chaotic in my suitcase sometimes embarrassing underwear and things I don't want.
Speaker 1: I'm not recording that the perceived self importance of people. People need to know what I'm bringing on my trip anyways, I want to Now in the comments, people are like, oh my god, that's so scary, that's so scary. That wasn't like the number one thing said that's so scary. Are you guys more scared or look? Because some people pointed out you have your name oftentimes on your luggage tag or your address or something, and so I understand that part of it. But let's just say you didn't have that on there, okay, because that was the main It's so scary. Are you scared that all your underwear and your swimsuits are gone? Or are you just annoyed because underwear and swimsuits cost money and now you got to go buy those things again.
Speaker 4: Annoyed?
Speaker 2: I think I'm more I'm creeped out.
Speaker 3: I'm not scared.
Speaker 6: I'm creeped out, possibly embarrassed if that worker is there and knows it that it's mine, and maybe he didn't like what he got.
Speaker 1: As he's like unfolding these grady panties, were like, what did I just? This is not I didn't want to buy. I didn't need a new tarp'nys.
Speaker 7: I'm more annoyed, though, because chances are if I packed certain underwear, it's because I packed it specifically for certain outfits, and now I'm gonna have to go hunting the store for every single one of those pairs. Again.
Speaker 3: You have underwear like matching your outfits.
Speaker 2: Not matching the outfits.
Speaker 1: You know, sometime today underwear.
Speaker 7: But you have to you know, pack them so that it doesn't show with certain outfits. Okay, So if I packed that specifically for a trip.
Speaker 6: Do you do you take a variety of sizes for different outfits, Like you have the big ones and then the little ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's vacation, mostly the little ones. But you know it's different types.
Speaker 1: You know, a woman is exhausting. You have to pack underwears for specific outfits. Guys, we just packed five of the exact not even that many, not even that well, five I packed five pairs for a two week trip. Okay, yeah, hottest things.
Speaker 12: It's all the stuff you need to know. What's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the bay.
Speaker 6: Chloe Kardashians therapist betrayal. Chloe is all over the internets right now because of a spread that she did with a Bustle, and in her new interview, she opened up about her weight loss journey and therapy and all that, and she says it all started because she was getting a divorce. So the first thing she did is she goes to therapy. Next thing, you know, something private she told her therapist was front page of a tabloid. And she says she knew it was a therapist who had disclosed that information to this tabloid because there was just no other way that this information could have gotten out there nobody else knew. So she said after that she stopped going to therapy. She had major trust issues and that's when she started hitting the gym because she needed.
Speaker 3: Some type of release.
Speaker 2: Now I need your honesty here.
Speaker 6: Sure, if you're a therapist for one of the Kardashians, by law, whatever they tell you is confidential, private information.
Speaker 3: Would you not tell a soul?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't guarantee that I knew that.
Speaker 7: That doesn't include Yeah, that doesn't include uh, partner.
Speaker 1: Or best friend and a couple of best friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tell my sisters.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's on the radio too, So that is getting out.
Speaker 1: Now that's the problem. Do you think the therapist do you think this person sold the story direct or do you think it was somebody I think her circle that then was like, I'm going to go sell this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think she told someone because who can keep all this juicy information to themselves?
Speaker 3: And that person went, that's.
Speaker 1: The thing about telling any sort of a secret is that everybody has somebody else that they trust with a secret. So secrets just continue.
Speaker 6: To spread and as it goes, it changes, it gets more like that person's missing.
Speaker 1: It's a game of telephone at that point, and yeah, what you hear and then you gets embellished a little bit to make it sound juicier, and it just yeah, and the rumor mill goes from there. But yeah, you really can't tell anybody. If you need to keep a secret, you can't tell anybody because can you keep a secret? You're not allowed to tell anyone. And that person immediately is like, well, I'm going to tell just one person, this one person. I've always wondered about that, because same thing with the doctors. You know, they the stuff that they see on their patients. They're not supposed to tell anybody about that.
Speaker 6: I wonder about selex celebrity waxers. I can't imagine somebody giving like Rihanna, yeah Brazilian.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I can imagine it, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I can too, But like, who's that who?
Speaker 6: How do you find that person that you trust when you're at Rihanna Beyonce level?
Speaker 1: Because they everybody tells somebody something.
Speaker 3: Or do you think celebrities all share the same waxer?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, okay, I think they have like ambit will be too busy.
Speaker 1: I think you have to do it yourself and just squatter over mirror. That's the only way to do. I don't know how to do. That's the only way you can see what you're doing.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: So Liam Payne's friend can be charged with his death. Remember I told you about this guy Roger, who was basically appointed to keep eye on Liam. He's the guy who went to Argentina with Liam. Supposed to be not leaving him alone at all, yet he did, and he was one of the last people that Liam was with on that day that he passed away, and according to him, like when he left Liam's hotel he looked fine. According to hotel staff, no, he was like out of his mind. Definitely not. Okay, So he's currently being charged with abandonment. I told you how it was national prosecutors like the FEDS, trying to come for him for this, and a judge was like, well, this isn't really their jurisdiction. We're going to need like local authorities to charge him. Well, the judge just rules that no national prosecutors can move forward with their investigation into this whole abandonment angle.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you guys.
Speaker 6: Feel about this does it feel kind of wrong, like abandonment, Like what if Liam really was acting okay when he was there.
Speaker 3: It's just such a great area.
Speaker 1: It's a judge. It's such a judgment call, you know, like.
Speaker 3: That's why they call him a judge.
Speaker 1: I get that. But you're making a judgment based on somebody else's judgment, and that's it's tough. It's not black or white.
Speaker 6: Yeah, interesting, but yeah, so that is going to move forward there.
Speaker 1: I've always thought that there. You hear about these lawsuits where a bartender overserves someone and then that person goes out and gets in a wreck or something, and then the bar's found liable and they're like, well, you shouldn't have served this person. They were drunk. It's like, I can't you can't breathalyze everybody. When I was bartending, the person looked fine, they're standing there, they ordered they they seemed like they could have order a drink. But you know, it's like that's you're making a judgment call on these things.
Speaker 7: But it is hard to believe that he was just okay based on every like all of the evidence that was left behind in the hotel room and from what the hotel was.
Speaker 6: True, But I mean he could have been putting on, like, you know, his best face to look okay. That way, Roger, his friend isn't running to tell his dad or the family.
Speaker 2: He would be so worried about him, you know.
Speaker 1: And he's probably also been around him for that type of behavior and that drug usage and stuff before, and like, oh, I've seen him do this million to bunch of times and this is how Yeah, it's fine, Graham, what do you have the Sacramento excuse me, Las Vegas. A's formally of Oakland, that's what we call the team around here. They continue to stumble and just bumble their way out of town. This time in regards to the cost of their new Vegas Strip stadium, construction hasn't even begun. They have not yet put a shovel on the ground. They haven't broken ground, nothing, and the team's already going over budget. They've botched the budget on this. Originally they projected everything will cost one point five billion dollars. And remember A's owner John Fisher says he's going to contribute over one billion dollars of his family's fortune to help finance this, something that he never seemed to bring to the table when they were proposing ballparks here. But unfortunately that one point five billion. Well, actually, now things are going to cost one point seven five billion. They jumped up two hundred and fifty million dollars already. Again, we haven't even broken ground on this thing. They say it's due to the rising cost of stadium materials and the addition of some other ballpark features that they want to add. So the budget's already gone up and probably will go up from now till then because the A's can't seem to do anything.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's a disaster.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, as I'm playing in Sacramento for like the next ten years while you figure out how trying to business stadium crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you Graham.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 3: How many birthdays?
Speaker 6: Good morning JV Show at San Francisco, Gamer.
Speaker 2: Babe in Miami.
Speaker 6: Happy forty twenty sixth birthday to me, let me go.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Yeah, heavy birdy Miami the far All right.
Speaker 11: Another one yo, yo yo, top of the morning, ninety four It is Francisco from Frisco. I just want to give a big birthday shout out.
Speaker 4: To my young king.
Speaker 11: Eseguiel on his second birthday on today, on this happy hump day, Thank you guys, Pete.
Speaker 1: And bless me yes pep, Happy birthday fun.
Speaker 6: All right, it's time for what the bleep where you can win a JV show chugmug. You just got to be the very first person a guest today is a bleeped out word is always.
Speaker 2: When you have a guest.
Speaker 3: Leave it on the talk back mic on the free iHeartRadio app. Let's get right to it. Here's today's clip.
Speaker 7: Has anyone taken a closer look at Santa's I've heard it's not as long in person.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I heard a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Well, you're talking to missus Claus.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people. A lot of people say the same name.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that problem? Wow? Besmirching the great name of Santa on these airwaves. Wow. This is a family show, people, all right, think about what that bleeped out word could be, and remember it is just that a family show. So make sure your causses are PG. Leave us your name and your city along with your guests. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine Wild.
Speaker 6: For nine, we are the JV Show. I'm Selina and I'm just laying to what the bleep? Where you got to be the first person a guest Today's bleeped out ward in order to win this JB showed Chuck mug In case you missed today's clip, here it is.
Speaker 7: Has anyone taken a closer look at Santa's I've heard it's not as long in person has always I think it'd be a pretty big one.
Speaker 6: No, I don't, don't you you can just tell Yeah, I agree, you know you look at someone you just know.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, I know a family.
Speaker 6: Remember, Hey, if you ever have a guest, leave it on the talk back Mike on the iHeartRadio Apple.
Speaker 2: It's been through some guesses.
Speaker 10: Morning j Show.
Speaker 13: It's Vince and Olivia from Dublin. We're gonna guess today's leaped out where it is?
Speaker 10: Slay? Santa's slay, All right, have a great day.
Speaker 2: That's a good guy.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most popular guests is this morning. Santa Slay is pretty long. I mean he's you know, let's face it, Santa's put on some weight over the years. Yeah, that sligh's probably getting maybe the different models making a little roomier as he's gotten a little wider in the waist and all the.
Speaker 2: Gifts, all the gifts, Yeah, that thing is huge.
Speaker 4: Good Morning's let me show.
Speaker 6: This is Mary from San Jose and I think the bleeped out word is beard Beard.
Speaker 1: That's just wiped out a million people's guesses right there. That's far and away the most popular guests is morning Beard and Slimmy. You don't think back to Santa's No, never mind, I'm just saying Missus Claw has been with him for like forever. She seems very happy and.
Speaker 2: Lays he's famous. Yeah, you think that's.
Speaker 1: The only reason missus Claus is with Santa's because he's.
Speaker 2: I mean to be surprised.
Speaker 6: That's why a lot of these guys get girls, because the fame and money and all that, all the money to be having all.
Speaker 1: These gifts, that's true.
Speaker 2: Anyways, continue to lead your guesses.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We are playing what the bleep?
Speaker 6: All you gotta do is be the first person to get today is leeped out word and you get this JV Show chug mug in case.
Speaker 3: She is today's clip here it is.
Speaker 7: Has anyone taken a closer look at Santa's I've heard it's not as long in person rumors, but you think you're on the street.
Speaker 1: I think Santa's you know, I think he's packing.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's gifted because the gift that he had.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Let's go to your Good Morning JV Show.
Speaker 13: This is uh Nelly from Baypoint, our guests for the missing word is his belly?
Speaker 1: That thing is yeah, I mean all the big Yeah, he's been eating cookies for decades.
Speaker 6: Do you think he like gives up cookies the rest of the year because I feel like i'd get sick of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, just that one night you eat cookies.
Speaker 4: Good Morning JV Morning Show.
Speaker 14: This is David Alton Richmond taking one final guess at the what the bleep missing word for today. So I'm trying to win chucking bug number two, been trying for a long time. Anyway, I'm gonna say Santa's stocking. Maybe his stocking isn't as long as he'd think. Although he's given gifts, I don't know that he has a stocking full of gifts for himself, but I'll say talking anyway, all right, thanks, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Do you think Santa has a stalking No?
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 2: Because for the house though, what the little elves do?
Speaker 1: Missus Yeah, missus claws dropped something in there.
Speaker 15: Maybe Good Morning Davy from LOWD I'm gonna say, is his pants his pants?
Speaker 2: Not his pants?
Speaker 1: The legs aren't that long. But he has to have his Taylor take out let out a little all right.
Speaker 2: All right, the family show?
Speaker 1: Do what I have to do with my Taylor?
Speaker 4: Good morning jab show.
Speaker 8: This this is in from San Jose And my guess is Santa's list? Hope that's the correct answer. How could they?
Speaker 11: Guys?
Speaker 2: Bye, He's lists the bun bleats.
Speaker 7: Has anyone that taken a closer look at Santa's list?
Speaker 2: I've heard it's not as long in person. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's longer.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean to have every single name.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of kids on there.
Speaker 2: On the yeah, Babma planets.
Speaker 7: But there's a lot of people that maybe aren't on the list because they didn't make.
Speaker 2: It on the list. But there's still a list. You're on one of it made the nice list or the naughty.
Speaker 1: Wis Oh that's right, it documents both. I forgot about that. Yeah, more people showing up on the Naughty list lately basically what I see it on social media. Yeah, yeah, everybody. The world is terrible these days. It's awful kidding, all right, let's give some shout outs. To give some shoutouts first, so much to Susanne and San Jose. Enjoy your brand new JD show, Chuck mug She had the very first correct answer this morning, but that doesn't mean a lot of other people didn't come with the correct answer this morning. I'm not gonna be able to shout out everyone. I'm just not gonna be able to do it, but I'm gonna try. My buddy David Martinez had it. Amanda and Adeline in I think they're from Jess wrote down Newark, but I think they're from Napa, right, Amanda Nataline in country from Napa anyway. Mia and San Jose had and so did Robert. Also in San Jose, teresay she didn't say where she's from. She doesn't care. She's from the Bay Area, but she had a cracked out. David and Richmond there had it as well. Michelle and Danielle in San Jose, Jess, you wrote Michelle slash Danielle. Does that mean they're both or you didn't know if Michelle and Daniel I didn't know if it was Michelle Danielle situation. We didn't know which one. Sapphire and Oakland. What's up?
Speaker 2: Fire, what's up?
Speaker 1: She had it, so did Joanna and Mantica, Athena from the East Bay. Now a lot of people said nice or naughty. List will shout some of them out to Julie and Valley Springs. Lisa in the East Bay, Brie from San Jose, what's up?
Speaker 9: Bree, what's up?
Speaker 1: Audrey in Livermore, Sean from Alameda, Rena from Pittsburgh, Gloria from Livermore, Carlos from Oakland. Did I already shout out Jessica and Alameda or Elizabeth from San Jose or Kathy from Tracy I just did yeah? Or I can't read my own writing, but it's maybe it's Brian and San Jose A, Brie and somebody love people out at CRAIGN. Thank you everybody that played this morning. We're gonna do it again tomorrow at seven o five and that's when you you. I'm talking to you. You are gonna win that jav show. Chuck Uk, I'm believing you and I do too.
Speaker 3: Yep, you have you have our positive vibe.
Speaker 1: I got this the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 6: I'm Selena and I'm jetting so much for hanging out with us. Let's go to the phone's weldy for nine.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: It is Jeremiah, Jeremiah and Shanaya. Did I get that name correct?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, super excited.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well this is really exciting if you win. Obviously, if you don't, you know, that could be a whole different story. But hey, we're thinking positive, we're thinking positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, Jeremiah.
Speaker 2: How old is your daughter Jesus eleven?
Speaker 10: I just actually talked her this morning about going to her first concerted what he was talking about? To be honest, really.
Speaker 6: Okay, look, you guys have I'm getting good vibes here, So I think I think you guys got this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Kendrick lamar And says that coming to Oracle Park.
Speaker 2: These tickets they're yours.
Speaker 6: If you get three out of four questions correct in the yup Nope game.
Speaker 2: Can you do it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Positive outcome exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get right to it. Question number one.
Speaker 6: A big glass pyramid marks the entrance to what world famous French museum.
Speaker 10: Repeat that one more time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, A big glass pyramid marks the entrance to what world famous French museum?
Speaker 1: I got the Mona Lisa there.
Speaker 10: Now you learn to school, learns to school.
Speaker 2: Get it right, it's like the most famous one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have the Mona Lisa there, like real famous. Yeah, that's a good point. No, who goes to museums anymore? An, he guesses, before I hit you with the.
Speaker 9: Bord the love the love, you've been.
Speaker 1: There ground, Yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 2: She just is hot in person.
Speaker 1: Me and Mona locked eyes and she was like kind of undressing me with her eyes a little bit. They say that can happen if she finds you attractive.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: It's a lot smaller and underwhelming, more underwhelming in person. Really, it's not very big painting. A lot of people gathered around it. Never never been out of the Bay Area. Have you ever been to Stockton?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Have you been to Napa? Okay?
Speaker 1: That was the question, kidding question number two. At what temperature in fahrenheit does water freeze?
Speaker 7: Said?
Speaker 10: What what temperature or fair height water freezes? Let's let's try seventeen degrees fah.
Speaker 3: I might quit the show, Jeremiah, don't quit the sh don't quit the show.
Speaker 1: It's thirty two thirty two degrees? Is the tempers that water freezing Selena. They've never been outside the Bay area. It doesn't get to thirty two degrees here, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. That's not really his fault. We should just give it to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does get to thirty two, thirty two degrees.
Speaker 10: Thirty two degrees, right, thirty two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty two. What's the answer we're looking for?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Question number three, Jeremiah, come on, at least get one.
Speaker 6: Fans of the Green Bay Packers often wear bright yellow hats that look like.
Speaker 1: What okay, no swearing?
Speaker 2: Don't cus? Please?
Speaker 1: Can I swear? He said?
Speaker 2: Bucket?
Speaker 4: That was me?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, hey, did you give an answer or was a swear word?
Speaker 2: I don't know what was your answer?
Speaker 10: That was a bucket?
Speaker 2: Bucket?
Speaker 9: Well in that case, in that case, no, daughter, they look like blocks of geese.
Speaker 2: You've seen those cheese hats, right.
Speaker 1: They're so Green Bay Packers. They've never been outside the Bay area, so how would they know that people wear cheese on their heads in other places?
Speaker 6: And this is.
Speaker 1: This last question is going to be tough, and you need to get it right to avoid the dreaded holy horrible trivia for me. And it is a sort of a geography question. So this one, because you've never been outside the Bay Area, is going to be tough. All right, Question number give me a math I don't have a math question for you. Question number four. The city of Cairo in Egypt is the largest city on what entire continent? A horrible trivia. I'm quitting the show.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Graham, come back, come back, don't quit the show.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is the worst.
Speaker 6: You know, even if you got to right, I think I could have worked with that and maybe convinced that Graham to give you these tickets.
Speaker 2: But you didn't even get one.
Speaker 1: That was rough, Jeremiah, that was rough.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate you calling up playing the game.
Speaker 2: That takes a lot of goods, and it does does.
Speaker 3: It ain't as easy as it looks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, for the record, my daughter's name is not she's not here with me with myself.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought you said that she was there.
Speaker 2: I think she's there. He just doesn't want to embarrass her now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's not there. I'm sorry, very confusing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 6: Hey Jeremiah, don't hang up though, I'm gonna put your on hold. Don't hang up, Okay, and thank you so much for playing. Have a great rest of your day. All right, all right, hang on.
Speaker 2: Next on the JV Show, it's today's hot is trending? Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Yes, Graham, I got some shout out. Let's do it. Yeah, before we did, just let's get let's I'm just so sorry. I'm still recovering from holy horrible.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: A couple people in my DMS I and says, hey, Graham, my name is Brendan. I love to listen to JV Show December sixth. That's not today, Move on to the next one. A little little early on now. No, wait, he says, my name is Brendan. On December sixth, my birthday hashtag ten years old, and I'd love a shout out if so on Wednesday, December fourth, you could give me one, that'd be great. On the other hand, who gives a fart? All right, happy early birthday, Brendan. I guess maybe he doesn't have a school on the sac all right. Another DM says, good morning, Graham, Please please tomorrow is my son's birthday on December fourth, Can you give him a shout out? He loves listening to you guys every morning. Happy twelfth birthday, di'angelo, Your mom, dad and brothers love you so much. I have a great day at school and that's from mom Ria, so happy happy birthday. Please give you one another DM here says Hey Graham, can you please wish our daughter Charlie a happy twelfth birthday. We're usually in the car listening to you guys every single morning on our way to school. Wish are a wonderful day. I can't wait to celebrate her tonight. And that's from christ. So happy birthday, Charlie, Happy birthday. One more here, it says, Hey Graham, My eleven year old daughter, Sophia just walked into my room and said, make sure you slide into Graham's DMS to wish me a happy birthday. She is turning twelve tomorrow, which is today. Happy birthday, Sophia, and that's for Mom and Helica.
Speaker 2: Are you happy birthdays?
Speaker 1: The hottest Things it's.
Speaker 12: All the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories. Happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: All Right, Sabrina Carpenter and Barry Keyhogan.
Speaker 6: Have split up. No, but also yes, he's kind of creepy. He like, really creeped me out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't see this going long.
Speaker 3: Term, so check this out.
Speaker 6: People Magazine confirmed that they are done and said they're both young and career focused and they decided to take a break.
Speaker 3: So they try to make it sound like it.
Speaker 6: Was the mutual decision, right, never is exactly so literally, the day before People Magazine made this announcement, there was a blind item that read this, a lister who was having her breakout year and her foreign actor boyfriend are done for good. On the closing night of her biggest tour date in La, he was busy getting cozy with a semi famous La based influencer.
Speaker 2: Like, who else would that be about?
Speaker 3: Sabrina and her man, Barry Kyogan.
Speaker 1: Who's a semi famous influencer.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you, oh, before I get to who she is.
Speaker 6: This blind item source claims they did some snoopin' and found that Sabrina and Barry actually broke up a couple weeks ago after she found out Barry had been talking to this influencer behind her back, and that she even went to the UK while he was filming to quote keep him company while Sabrina was.
Speaker 3: On tour here in the US.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so people think this influencer is a woman named Alexa Adams, and of Jess is working on getting her up on our Instagram story right now.
Speaker 2: Make sure following us JB Morning Show. That's going to be up in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 6: So if you go to Alexa adams social media, she even has pictures in London in October, so the timeline is adding up.
Speaker 2: That's when Barry was in the UK filming for you know, his latest movie.
Speaker 6: The same source says that Sabrina was trying to keep this breakup under wraps because her next single is Super Steamy and it's inspired by their relationship, and the video, which she already filmed, has a lot of really obvious references to him.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of Alexa Adams on Instagram. I'm struggling here, sell me up at.
Speaker 2: JB Morning showing just a second.
Speaker 1: Isn't that any Is this the one that kind of looks like Sabrina Carpenter a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Are saying that they look a little similar.
Speaker 1: I think they look a lot alike.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, yeah, they're like, okay, this guy has a type.
Speaker 1: Clearly.
Speaker 7: This makes me so mad because she she has a song that says, don't prove them right, and he is proving everybody right.
Speaker 2: I know he was gonna do her wrong.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know semi famous social media influencers. She has four hundred and sixty nine thousand followers. Do you think does that qualify you as a semi fam I mean if you I even have a social media influencer? Yeah, my famous, right, random? But she looks a lot if I'm looking at the correct one here, she looks a lot like Sabrina Carpenter, very similar in my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they are, They're done, and Sabrina it's for the best. He was like creepy.
Speaker 6: Anyways, he's giving me like creepy bious. Yes he was ever since Saltburn like creepy or did you see that?
Speaker 7: Now everybody is shipping Sabrina Carpenter with and now oh okay, good, okay, with Marcello who also did played Domingo in the SNL skit.
Speaker 2: Did you guys ever see this with Ariana Grande.
Speaker 3: I don't know who you were talking about.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I'm sure somebody listening about Domingo story.
Speaker 2: Too, so I could check that out Jamie Boarding Show, all right.
Speaker 6: Beyonce has been named the Greatest Pop Star of the twenty first century by Billboard. They announced this yesterday as part of an ongoing series. They say that Beyonce tops their staff chosen editorial list based on her twenty five years of influence, impact, evolution. They say that she is innovated. You know, she's dominant to the Billboard charts. She's the most Grammy winning artist with the record thirty two wins, and that's only going to go up after this next Grammy Awards. In twenty twenty five, they gave her the number one spot. They gave Taylor Swift the number two spot, and then Rihanna coming in at number three.
Speaker 3: The greatest Pop Stars Now.
Speaker 6: Swifties are online fighting right now because they want Taylor to be number one. A source says that Taylor's actually really happy for Beyonce and agrees with this list because Beyonce is one of the best. She's a legend, she's iconic, someone that Taylor looked up to. So I think Taylor herself, I mean, she and Beyonce a cool So it's really more of the fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think this list?
Speaker 3: This is from Billboard?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, I mean do do media organizations and Billboard sort of in the same game. Do they just put out lists just to get people riled up and talk to That's you see this in sports a lot. Look. Look, I listened to a lot of sports radio, and you know sports, I consume a lot of sports media, and there's always lists. You know, it's like, oh, the top ten NBA players of all time. It's just to get people to argue about There's no these aren't official rankings, you know what I mean. It's just like it's one person's opinions versus another person's opinion, and then everybody fights about it, like what what's does it really matter?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 3: So what is your opinion? Who is Beyonce deserving of the number one?
Speaker 1: Sure? I mean, like you could say that they're all on equal footing. There could be a tie, you know, it could be a tie there, Thomas.
Speaker 6: It's really hard because they're all great in different ways. If we're talking to innovation, things that have never been done before. I mean, yeah, I would agree Beyonce's a top spot, but you can't argue Taylor's numbers either exactly.
Speaker 3: And the influence and then impact.
Speaker 1: You know, and I think it changes. I think it also changes a year over year.
Speaker 6: That's if you want to leave a talk back your thoughts, that's always available open for you on the iHeart radio app Graham, What do you have?
Speaker 1: I had some breaking news this morning to share. Sad breaking news. The CEO of United Healthcare was shot and killed the New York City earlier this morning. A man hunt now underway to track down the shooter. CEO Brian Thompson was just fifty years old. He was reportedly shot in the chest near the New York Hilton on Sixth Avenue just before seven am local time.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Thompson was transported to the hospital in critical condition, but was later pronounced dead. He was visiting New York City from Minnesota for an investor conference, which was scheduled for today. The New York Police Department investigating the situation as a quote targeted shooting. So they think that this wasn't some robbery or something gone wrong.
Speaker 3: In my mind, that he was like waiting for him to show up at this hotel.
Speaker 1: Right, according to witnesses, the gunman fled. He was is being described as six foot one, wearing a black jacket, a black hat, a black ski mask, and carrying a black backpack. So perfect all black. Yeah, it's not very help right, not very helpful. Change his clothes, yes, but sad news.
Speaker 3: That's very sad. All right, thank you for sharing that gram the.
Speaker 1: JV show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I went to a JV morning show that is our Instagram, checked out our story. This Domingo guy are shipping a Sabrina Coppenter with I don't know, he's not doing it for me.
Speaker 7: People really like his characters on SNL though he's he's a good comedian.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I think that's why.
Speaker 7: And he was recently at a Sabrina Carpenter show and he was one of the guys that was picked to be like quote arrested by Sabena. So after they took some pictures after the show, everybody.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh my god, I love this for them.
Speaker 1: Is he thirteen years old?
Speaker 2: He looks very I feel like Pete Davidson would be a better story. Just I'm shipping her in. Pete Davidson is a goy?
Speaker 1: What is that thing on his face?
Speaker 3: I hate not everyone can grow a full beard like you, Graham.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking what it is like you and I because it's like lopsided. Couldn't you even it out a little bit? What is that thing that might just be?
Speaker 7: You know, after a long night, your beard shift is a little it does that's a women.
Speaker 2: Think it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I've never experienced beard shift before. Okay, I guess that's what he's suffering from there.
Speaker 6: All right, So we all remember when Mattel had accidentally printed an adult website on the back of their Wicked doll boxes, right, and they should have recall. This is a last month, and now they're being sued even though they pulled them from shelves and all that. But there's a mom that is launching a class action lawsuit claiming that Mattel didn't do enough, even though that they had, even though they had pulled these things off the shelves because it shouldn't have been printed in the first place. She claims that she purchased one of these dolls before the recall for her daughter who is a minor, and then she says her daughter use an iPhone to look up the link listed on the back, only to be exposed to quote hardcore, full on nude you know what and things depicting actual you know what. And she says Mattel did not offer a refund or anything for the tainted toy is the term that she used. She believes that she you know she's she deserves monetary compensation because they suffered major emotional distress from this that Mattel failed to produce age appropriate contact, which I'm sorry, age appropriate. They found produced an Asian propriate product which is advertised there.
Speaker 2: I said it.
Speaker 1: I'm not with this lawsuit. I'm not with it at all. We even went to what was the uurl's like wicked dot Commerson. We went to it. It doesn't research purposes. For research purposes, of course, I didn't join or get a membership afterwards. It's only three ninety nine a month, and like whatever, it just goes off my trend card. It doesn't even say where it's coming from. My wife can't tray. We're getting sidechecked here. We went there and it didn't there was nothing that hit in the face right off the bat. You didn't see anything, and it wasn't like a I don't know, it's not paywall's not the right word. But it's asking you if you are eighteen, if you were old enough to enter that site. Right, So, if you were navigated there erroneously because you looked at the link on the box of the toy and you got there, your daughter, you're right, that's on her. She shouldn't have clicked that she was twenty one years old or eighteen or where is it to be to enter that site?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that. Even after you click through, it just looks like a bunch of magazines. Yeah, it just showed me.
Speaker 3: It was like nothing I'm interested in boring.
Speaker 1: Oh you did actually join Jair too?
Speaker 13: What is that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: That one's actually pretty good. The story. The story kind of falls apart when the pizza guy arrives and you're like, what is he doing there that they didn't order a pizza? They invite him in. Anyways, we're getting sidetracked. We're getting sidetracked. But I mean, it didn't they did. It didn't show you explicit content. When you went to that website. You had to say you were old enough to enter that site, which I get you. As a kid, you still could click through and then maybe you see something. But we've looked at we've examined this site very thor and it really isn't that bad. So I'm not with this lawsuit.
Speaker 6: The other thing, you're claiming your child went to the back of the box and actually read like words on there and scanned the code, not even a code, just typed in or maybe scan the code.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Nobody reads anything on boxes, especially not a kid like this. This whole lossuit seems like a reach.
Speaker 1: When it's a toy. Your kid tears the box off of the toys so so fast and discards that thing. Nobody's ever even put My folks read the back of this quick and so as I should scan the code here and bring it like no, no kid does that. They take the toy out and they play with it.
Speaker 2: I think the mom might have opened up the site and she was looking at something she wasn't supposed to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think after word got out that they put the wrong site, everybody went there. Yeah, and probably this mom as well, and she's like, I can probably sue for this because it was you know, something.
Speaker 2: For my kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just think it's when that thing got publicity as a news story. Then people are like, oh, how's the way I can make money off this? Exactly, here we go, let's all get together and sue. It's a big company. They'll have to settle and give us. You know, yeah, stop it Wicked related I do. And this is a bit of an alert for parents. This one may actually affect you. Parents are warning other parents not to let your kids read the Wicked book. Now we know the Broadway play and the movie is based on a book. It's called Wicked, the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West. That was where this story comes from. Now this story now here's where it now. People may have a legitimate right here because as they've now are re releasing and printing new copies of the book. They're putting Arion a grande and you know, they're putting the new Wicked cover on the book, which would lead you to believe that it's this, you know, feel good story. I haven't seen Wicked yet. I don't know what the hell's about, but you know, they believe you to believe it's that story. Well, in the original Wicked uh uh. A lot of things happen in there that you don't want your kids reading about. And here are just some of the things they say. There are very explicit scenes, and some of them right off the bat. The book contains drinking, drugs, sexual assault, prostitution, crime, racism, murder, and sex parties between humans and animals. So just some warning. Again, this is your big warning, do not let your kids read the Wicked book. But parents are saying they've sort of fallen victim to this because it does show the new Wicked cover on this which would lead you to believe that it is family friendly. Don't let your kids read this novel. It's very graphic, they're saying.
Speaker 7: Wait, so this is a story everybody like loves and then decided to turn into a Broadway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, and then they just eliminated.
Speaker 6: All that other musical musical doesn't have. I'm sorry, the Broadway version doesn't have all that stuff.
Speaker 1: There is some songs about animals that they've fallen in love with. Now, I don't know, I've never seen the musical. I'm assuming that they've admitted most of this stuff and these themes as well, and made it for your general audience.
Speaker 2: Well, good to know parents, do not buy this for your kid.
Speaker 1: Your kids read books, anymore of them? That was my biggest question. No, okay, good, so nobody will actually do this, okay, but yes, very adult themes in that book.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Well, thank you for that, Graham. Oh we have a talk back pay Graham.
Speaker 8: This is and then from San Jose.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: I am currently in the car with my mom and my little siblings. We tried to call to win Kendrick tickets, but it ain't go through, so we'll drag in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Have great day.
Speaker 1: Oh ever, please do try again tomorrow. It can be tough to get through, but we want you to win these Hendrick tickets.
Speaker 3: And everybody wants them, that's why it's hard to get through.
Speaker 1: What time should they be calling?
Speaker 6: Seven thirty five tomorrow? And then all this week we have Kendrick Lamar you know, says it's opening up for him.
Speaker 3: There gonna be here. Oracle Park got them for you. Inside of the You Have No.
Speaker 1: Game the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We're at the JV Show.
Speaker 6: I'm Selina Abraham and I'm Jahn and we were just talking about a mom suing Mitzel after they printed that you know, adult website on the back of their wicked doll boxes, and we think the lawsuit, I think you're reaching.
Speaker 3: I think we all agree with that.
Speaker 15: Right Yep, Good morning JV Show. This is Nicole from Livermore. And I find it hard to believe that a child of the age of receiving a Barbie as a gift would likely go on and find the link and look it up online.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 15: That just seems a little odd to me, a little unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, Hey you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we were saying is this is not making a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Can't someone make a mistake in today's world that thought it resulted in a lawsuit. Somebody accidentally printed an adult website on you know, something that was going to get pushed out to you know, thousands of stores, you know, the kids sees, and now we're getting sued. Let's laugh about it, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's talk sexy Santa, guys. Santa got a makeover.
Speaker 7: Have you guys seen the Santa that Target has been using all over their commercials?
Speaker 9: He did?
Speaker 2: He hit the gym all year long. Basically, really, he's a silver Fox. People are loving his modern look. It is on our story JB Morning Show. Go check it out.
Speaker 7: Women all over are lusting over this news a blame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I like this?
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: However, very good service in here?
Speaker 2: Why is it? He's got his phone up to the ceiling trying to get a signal.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 6: But although although I like it, I'm here for sexy Santa. How do the kids feel about this? Because they're not gonna they're not going to know him as Santa.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 7: And you know what, this Santa is maybe not as like comforting as ye imagine.
Speaker 2: He's a cheat on you, real Santa. He's definitely gonna cheat on you.
Speaker 1: This guy is gonna like, come, he's kind of my fence down and use it for firewood or something that justus like a he's like a rugged man. He's not like his jolly and like I want to sit on his lap and give him a hug.
Speaker 7: Right, And while he's cutting that wood, he's gonna have his shirt off in front.
Speaker 2: Of your wife.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm in front of all the Yeah exactly. He's steal your wife, steal your girl missing, and then cheat on.
Speaker 1: You three to the side and missus claws she's only I mean, not to judge a woman's house. She ages, but she's just gotten older and older and older. And Santa he was getting younger and like better looking, Like do you know what I mean? Missus clauses, Yeah, why didn't they give her makeover? I think this I think this version of Santa Claus is single. Let me, I don't see a ring on his hand, That's what I'm saying. Wow, wonder what their prenup looks like. It's a lot of toys and elves to divide up.
Speaker 3: Check out Sexy Santa jab morning shows on our Instagram.
Speaker 2: Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk about fart lick? You guys, do you know what a fart lick is? It's a type of workout. Weirdos fart lick You've never You've never fart licked at the gym. No, fart lick is a method of training. It's basically involving random speed changes to keep your body guessing experts. Fitness experts are saying, if you're trying to a lot of us, wait till the new year to start getting in shape. Selena for some reason started two weeks before the holidays is a big mistake. But if you are looking to spice up your boring treadmill routine, fart lick is the way to do it because it's increasing the speeds at random. You're doing sprints and then you're going slow, then you're going on incline. You want to keep your body guessing, not get into that root monotonous routine where you just jog slowly if you could even call it a jog for fifteen minutes or whatever. That's not giving yourself the same workout. Fart lick is the name.
Speaker 2: Why is that the name?
Speaker 1: It was created by a Swedish Olympian I don't know in the nineteen thirty start. Fart lick has been around for a long time. I'm saying that, well, that's what it's called, just saying fart lick. There are other experts weighing in about things you can do to spice up your routine. Selena, do you still have that treadmill thing from both foks?
Speaker 13: Nember?
Speaker 3: I sold it like a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, my wife really wants one now. I'm like, you know what happened to Selena. She used it twice and then she had to sell it and.
Speaker 2: Get rid of that huge discounted price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, J had I known, I would have. Had I known, I would have taken from her yours. There are some other message methods. The twelve three thirty method. This is the one that's trending right now, the twelve three thirty. You guys heard about this. You set your treadmill to twelve percent incline with a beat of three miles per hour, and then you walk for thirty minutes. You're like, it doesn't sound that hard. Apparently it's very hard.
Speaker 2: It is very hard. I've tried. I cannot get to that.
Speaker 1: You tried the twelve three thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's one option. Another option they say is cozy cardio. If you guys tried cozy cardio.
Speaker 2: What the heck is that? That sounds nice? I think I could do that.
Speaker 1: They say this one, there's no shame in going with a softer approach. So it's like you're doing more low impact walking, relaxing vibes. You can be walking with your coffee while watching your TV in front of my wine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Code I like that blind. Yeah, that's one way.
Speaker 2: Ultimatem is that out? It's it's out today. Yeah, everybody everyone Ultimatum on Netflix.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: You can do some cozy cardio to that if you need something to get your workout going this off season. Now, here's another one that I want to ask you guys about, because I see people at the gym doing this one, sometimes going backwards or sideways on the treadmill. How do you feel about the people that are doing the backwards spread off?
Speaker 3: It's unnecessary to stop.
Speaker 1: Stop doing that. Don't don't do that, Okay. And one more thing they say, if you really want to spice up your boring treadmill workout, says, turn your treadmill time into a concert. You know how Taylor Swift trained for the Eras tour. She would sing her entire three hour set or whatever while running on the treadmill. You can do the same thing that sounds dangerous going and start belting and belting out your favorite songs while running on the treadmill. Would you guys ever do that at your gym?
Speaker 2: No, and I hope no one does. Please don't do that.
Speaker 3: Please, as a courtesy to everybody else, do not sing on.
Speaker 1: The treadmill while running backwards and then trying to fart lick. That's say they're getting kicked out of the gym. That's what it's called.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't like it either, But the amount you would be surprised the amount of people that at fart lick at your gym.
Speaker 2: That and sing out loud people are singing gym.
Speaker 7: There are some people that will be like singing along to their whatever music they're listening too, And I'm like, if I can.
Speaker 2: Hear you it's too loud?
Speaker 3: Yes, are you to court them?
Speaker 2: I would love to hear that.
Speaker 1: Hell well, next time the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, we were.
Speaker 3: Just talking about Sexy Santa.
Speaker 7: Just please explain his targets basically New Santa that they've been using in all of their commercials and everybody is lusting over him.
Speaker 6: Their loins are a blazing checking out jav Morning Show on our instance story if you haven't already.
Speaker 16: Good Morning JV Show. Seaty said, Okay, so that THEA and the target commercial. Yeah, he's a vaddy for sure. It does make me want to fit on his lap. But you guys have seen the other commercial with myth clause she's actually younger, she's not older.
Speaker 2: What you guys got to watch that commercial?
Speaker 16: Actually cool, have a good cup day.
Speaker 2: So here's my question.
Speaker 6: Is it the same missus Claus or did he divorce you know, the old taggardly one and get a new hot one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was joking that missus Claus and all the renderings that we've ever seen over the years. You know, she's gotten older and older and all she does is be in the kitchen and now Santa's got a bit of a glow up. But apparently, yeah, I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 2: Wow. We're also talking about fart lick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fart lick. It's a type of folks and treadmill training where you want to keep your body guessing. I saw some experts winning on how to kind of spice up your treadmill workout routine this holiday season if you're looking for that. And one of the things they said, in addition to like a fart lick type training, which that's the name of it. I didn't make it up, was a lot of people are running backwards or using a treadmill to I don't know if they jogging or walking backwards or sideways.
Speaker 13: A JV show just chiming in on the walking backwards as a personal trainer and atd coach. You haven't heard of that, and he's as guy. If you've heard of that, look it up. If you haven't, go look it up. Really good for your legs, really good for your knees, to walk backwards, sled backwards. I fix my ight pain. I fix some clientsy pain. So if you have any issues with your legs, knees, anything like that, ankle, feet, try walking backwards.
Speaker 1: Interesting, you take the knee pain over people looking at me. Yeah, and the treadmill at gym going backwards.
Speaker 2: But thank you for that. Talk back, Jess, you say, do not do any holiday shopping.
Speaker 1: Not yet.
Speaker 2: Everyone listened to.
Speaker 7: This, So before you go out, and or even if you're staying at home and doing some online shopping, before all of that, watch Buy Now The Shopping Conspiracy on Netflix.
Speaker 2: It's about an hour and a half long.
Speaker 1: No, I'm out, I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Haven't watched you. I just like score right past. What is it about?
Speaker 7: It basically unpacks all of the tricks that brands and these large companies use to keep their customers coming back and buying and buying and buying items that we all don't need.
Speaker 2: We all have so many shoes that we don't need. Shoes are being produced, and she is just an example their fault.
Speaker 3: I thought it was my fault for just wee feeling that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I too, it's really both of our faults.
Speaker 7: But I will say it made me feel really guilty about even doing some Black Friday shopping because I told you guys that I shopped on Fashion Nova right now. The reason why I did that was because I saw that the price is really low. Now, I bought a bunch of workout leggings, right, Do I need those workout leggings?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: But I bought them because they were cheap. So now I'm like, oh my god, I'm part of a problem. And so they just go through all of the tactics that they use not only to get us to buy things, but to get us to replace those things because everything is not lasting as long as it should obviously because they're not making it for it to. And I gram, I know you have you really like advocate for this, and you are someone who always talks about all the things that.
Speaker 2: We don't need.
Speaker 7: And I feel like I participate in this a lot because I shop so much.
Speaker 2: My closet is overflowing and I need to stop.
Speaker 7: Anyways, this next part made me so sad because there are so many products that get like discarded, and this is even including food. Usable items that get discarded are depressing to see.
Speaker 2: But every now and then you gut climpses of something even darker.
Speaker 1: This is what they do with unwanted merchandise.
Speaker 2: They order an employee to deliberately slash it so no one can use it.
Speaker 7: So here are some examples of food items next, but these are basically at just your random retailler. If something can is deemed like I guess damaged, it's just thrown out, even though.
Speaker 1: It's still yep, usable yep. I used to work in a Barnes and Noble cafe. We had to open bakery items, put them in a trash can, and then pour wet coffee grounds on top of them. We had to throw them out the day before they expired. What I mean just so, I mean, just you're right. I mean, I've talked a lot on the show about how wasteful of a society we live in. It's just so incredibly was instead of donating it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Here's another one.
Speaker 6: I thought a lot of grocery stores they would take the food and they would donate it.
Speaker 1: I think that happens sometimes in a nice fairy tale. At the end of every shift at Panda Express, you mix all of the food together so that no one wants to eat it.
Speaker 2: You weigh it, and then you throw it away so that they can keep.
Speaker 1: Track of their losses. What why can't we help our local shelters?
Speaker 3: It is that doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, why is all of this going to waste?
Speaker 3: Although I would eat all of that Pandet Express stuff so together?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how else do you eat it? I always mix all the stuff together. I'm I'm mad at that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: This is from former employees, and it's just so sad that all of this is going to waste.
Speaker 6: The one thing I think about because I do all of my shopping online and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I shouldn't. But a lot of the stuff, it's like you can only get online places like Fashion Nova or like Amazon.
Speaker 2: And we talk about this sometimes with you, Graham.
Speaker 3: Is the packaging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's insane. How my house.
Speaker 6: I have a corner of my house right now just stacked with boxes from things that you know, we had to buy a new car seat and just all these other boxes and it just stacked almost to the ceiling.
Speaker 1: That's what I've like, We've solved one problem, right, let's make delivery. You can get whatever you think you need the next day, which is great. We all love that, like, oh man, where am I going to find whatever that thing is? And next thing you know, it's at your doorstep the very next day or two days later later. So we've like solved that problem. We've created all these other problems, which are yes, Selena, the packaging, just the items that are that arrive and they're slightly damaged, or it's the thing you don't want, but it's not worth enough money for the retailer to restock the thing and sell it again, so they just throw it out. We've created all this other wastefulness by trying to solve other problems, which are you know, our own convenience or whatever. I don't know if you've ever seen that, Like you know, where they send all the fashion Nova clothes and stuff that get sent back, they don't get sold again. Most of the cheap stuff they get. There's a clothing dump site in the Chilean desert or something. It's like the biggest mound of cloth. You can see it from space, and it's just like here's you know, rather than there are people in need out there that could use clothing items, We'll just dump them into a giant clothing dump site, you know, which we have to put on a container ship and to South America. You know, Like, what do we do? Like what are we doing? Because some of this stuff makes absolutely no sense. But I mean, I think at the heart of it, we've I've said this before, We've created a society of junk, like you just I need this. I'm gonna order this this thing. No, not that, No, it's the buy everything. Let's get this stuff. And it is all this cheaply made stuff and you're gonna use it once and just throw it away and it's just it's sad. But oh it's that cheap. Who cares. I'm just gonna throw it out and then it's going to go sit in a landfill for ten thousand.
Speaker 2: If you do want to check.
Speaker 7: Out that documentary, what's it called Buy Now The Shopping Conspiracy on.
Speaker 1: On Netflix, all right, thank you having that kid's no presence this year because of that. Guess yeah. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Thanks hanging out with us. You were just talking about the documentary.
Speaker 6: Buy Now the Shopping Conspiracy on Flix, all right, and food waste was talked about heavily in that documentary.
Speaker 17: A JV show It's Philly phild from the City comments on the food waste. What I've heard is that a lot of places don't want to donate their food surpluses because in case someone gets sick, they don't want to get sued or it's a lawsuit. So again for them, I guess the safest thing to do is just discard it and throw it out. But I'm with you, they should give it away.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's a dumb excuse.
Speaker 1: Well, that's again, that's a problem that we've created in this litigious society that we have where everyone sues everybody over everything, and then you understand why, Yeah, these restaurants are throwing out their food and making it so you can't eat it at all. That way, no one can get sick. Like I guess I understand it because they don't want to get sued. But all the leftover food from your Panda expresses and all places like that, yes, should go to people in need. At the end of the day. It's perfectly good food.
Speaker 3: Oh great.
Speaker 18: So I work for a public school district and we throw away so much food every day every week. It's really grows, like I couldn't even believe when I first started, the amount of food that we would throw away every single day. It was trays and trays of hot food. And then we can get in trouble for giving it away to the homeless people. What it's really bad. And this is a city that isn't hurting for money.
Speaker 6: Wow, must be NAPAs fired.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad thing. Wow, what everyone's thinking it? Everyone's thinking it.
Speaker 12: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today.
Speaker 6: Taylor Smith taking a year off to see where things go with Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: So you know that the I don't know why I said that with an accent.
Speaker 6: So you know that the aristour is said to wrap like this week, right, yep, after that it is done.
Speaker 3: She has been on tour for like two years, so she wants to take a break.
Speaker 6: She wants to relax, she wants to hibernate and stay indoors and just do normal couple of things.
Speaker 3: So the plan is is to take at least a year off.
Speaker 6: Now, she says to her fans, that could change, you know, if she feels passionate about something and wants to get back in and work for a little bit. But it all hinges on what happens over the next year with Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, here's my thing.
Speaker 6: Okay, they've only known each other while Taylor is on tour, Like they haven't had the time really to be a normal couple and do normal couple of things. Taylor has been on the go NonStop, so he travels, you know, during and that's not that's not gonna change. But Taylor taking a year off, what if what.
Speaker 3: If things change? Do you think that could be possible? What if things change?
Speaker 6: She has all this time on in her hands, and Travis is like she's a little much, or she's clinging, or every time I.
Speaker 1: Get home from practice, she's.
Speaker 6: There each other in like under these circumstances, that is all about the change.
Speaker 1: It is a major lifestyle switch, maybe about like, you know, they're more or less a long distance couple, right, and then that long distance couple moves and starts living together and they're like, oh, geez, I realized things worked better at the previous arrangement. Do I think that's going to happen with them though, that's the question, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I think it's a possibility, of.
Speaker 1: Course, but I don't think well, mostly because I predicted the prediction journals get married and have babies. So I still think that's gonna happen with.
Speaker 3: Her off tour more time to get pregnant.
Speaker 1: But when you read between the lines, don't you think that is what she's basically saying that she wants to settle down a bit and have a family in like you know, have that lead that sort of life, and get married in those things.
Speaker 2: After this week she'll have all that time.
Speaker 7: I would have never predicted at the start of this relationship that I would have lasted this long.
Speaker 2: I think I don't think.
Speaker 1: Either of any of us did not in the w I haven't read that far ahead in the NFL script yet, so I don't know where what it has for the in store.
Speaker 3: Because they're performing at halftime, so they got to make it till the next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the next next super Bowl, that's right, but probably legitimately the Kansas City Chiefs keep winning this year somehow, and they're really not that good, and they don't score many points, but yet at the end of all these games, they just somehow miraculously win. I'm just saying I haven't read far enough ahead in the NFL script yet. I'll let you know when I get caught up. Yeah, I'll lea ahead.
Speaker 8: What do you have?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: All kinds of bad news for Bay Area commuters. First off, as you've been driving the last couple of days, you've probably noticed all the signs reminding you or alerting you to the fact that tolls on all the bridges are going to be going up one dollar starting on January first. So every time you cross a Bay Area bridge it's going to cost eight bucks. And if you're like me and you hit two bridges a day, the Bay Bridge, at the Carceness Bridge or whatever combination of two bridges, sixteen bucks a day. Are you kidding me? There's a lot of money. I don't remember agreeing to this, you know what I mean? Nobody could sell to be Hey, do you want to pay more every year? And why is it across all the bridges like Bay Bridge? Okay, you get a lot of cars. You're this big Marquee Bridge right listen, But little old Krkeenas Bridge, your rate should go up maybe twenty five cents. You're a smaller bridge, You're a you know, not to smirch the great name of the Cartenas Bridge, but like you're a lesser bridge compared to the Bay Bridge. Shouldn't you be a ten or twenty cent increase?
Speaker 2: And you know what else?
Speaker 3: Our boss isn't gonna like this. What don't you kind of feel like employers in the city like.
Speaker 2: They should cover that.
Speaker 6: That's a good point, something like you're the one that wants us in the office, Yeah you want you want us here, Yeah, you want us back. It just keeps going up our paychecks. I'm not talking talking about specifically, just people in general, but like, you know, this is money.
Speaker 3: That we're having to pay. Don't you think employers should cover that?
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. It's quite a big percentage wise bump to go from seven dollars to eight dollars. Someone could do the math on that and figure out what percentage MP. My salary hasn't gone off that much, right, just kidding. Bart as decided they're not going to be left out on this. They want the opportunity to bump up their revenue as well. So January first, guess what they're doing. They're going to increase their fares. Now. They say the increase is five point five percent on average. They say that will only increase your bartfair by twenty five cents, but of course people that take longer trips, it's going to be more five point five percent increase on BART fares. They hope to generate an extra fourteen million dollars a year. BART still hurting. They've never fully rebounded, obviously from the pandemic.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 1: The number of writer ridership is down still quite a bit. Although it has increased, you know, over the past couple of years. It's increased, it's still not what it was pre pandemic. So they're trying to make up for that budget short form because of that. So great news, commuters. Everything gets more expensive. January first, Just however, you want to get to work this way, it'll cost more, all right, thank you gram The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: Everyone's day do something called cool or not? With throw some things out. We discussed is that cool or not?
Speaker 1: Ram what do you guys think cool or not? Cassette tapes and players are the newest rage this holiday season.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We talked what we've seen the the resurgence of vinyl, you know, yeah, gotta have your your record player and vinyl. And then we've seen a lot of nostalgia, you know, nostalgia alert for some of the older tech and a return to the dumb phone cell phones and yeah, get out your old digital cameras and stuff like that. We've seen a lot of that stuff coming back, so it was only a matter of time. I saw an article yesterday about a vintage cassette tape store. This was in the UK, but they say their business is absolutely booming and it's not just amongst people that are there for the nostalgia nostalgia alert. They said they have a lot of teenagers been in and this is how they want to consume their music on cassettes.
Speaker 3: That is weird.
Speaker 2: I'm say not, I'm going that cool.
Speaker 1: Why not get out your sony Walkman. They say they're selling refurbished Walkman's and you can put your tape in there, put your headphones.
Speaker 2: On, Like, but why when you can just listen to it on your phone.
Speaker 1: I guess they're saying there's they don't exactly know why this trend is taking off, but maybe it's because digital music services they lack the character of kind of this older audio equipment that just again, I can't imagine having.
Speaker 3: A carrier on a clunky like cassette player or a discman or whatever.
Speaker 1: Jess, have you ever used a cassette tape before?
Speaker 2: Mmmmm? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Me either, You've never used it.
Speaker 2: I've used a VCR.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's that sort of the same concept, but just in a lot larger. But I just can't.
Speaker 7: Imagine myself carrying that. Some of my pants don't even have pockets in the front, Like I'm I supposed to cary my phone with a clip on it?
Speaker 1: You just clip it to your belt. Oh that's how you wore your walkman, you clipped it on the outside. How do you know?
Speaker 2: All this?
Speaker 1: For only twenty seven And my grandparents told me about this, told me about this stuff. Yeah, cassettes they recorded music on two sides too. When it got to the end, then you have to turn the cassette over and then you could listen to the second.
Speaker 2: Doing too much, I'm going not cool. I just want to hit next on my phone, next song?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Is there like like cassettes for newer artists like Sabrina Carpenter's new album.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people are pressing new music on cassettes, but it's only a matter of time before Taylor Swift drops one, you know, because she's drop on vinyl, so why not drop it on a cassette tape and have that major nostalgic feel. My car still has a cassette player and it's from two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Well, this is perfect for you, Gramm. You're so vinted, you're like ahead of the trends.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying now. I just want to get for Christmas this year at my stalking I hope it's just a bunch of cassette tapes that I could listen.
Speaker 2: To them in player in all your friends and family are listening.
Speaker 1: I hope there are too. I don't know where you buy cassettes though, outside of this one shop in the UK. He's booming there.
Speaker 2: Jess, would you like to yeah, cool or not?
Speaker 7: A cemetery in England is going to start charging people to visit their loved ones.
Speaker 1: Cool? You would wait why revenue stream?
Speaker 7: So looks they're offering this VIP pass to visit your loved ones outside of normal hours. So their normal hours are nine am to three pm, but they're saying you can come for free during that time. If you want to come anytime after that, you need your VIP pass or you won't be let in.
Speaker 1: They call it a VIP pass.
Speaker 2: It seems wrong.
Speaker 3: This is your loved one that you should be able to visit whenever you want.
Speaker 1: Do they have like a bouncer with that velvet rope?
Speaker 2: They have elect gates.
Speaker 1: I don't see you on the list here anywhere? Can you check again they paid.
Speaker 6: For the VIP Do you think maybe they're doing this to prevent like vandalism and stuff though I.
Speaker 1: Guess you could justify it if they had to have yeah, staff or security there and you need to be able to pay those people in the after hours time. If you want to go visit your loved one at midnight in a cemetery, who would do that? Super?
Speaker 7: Also, three pm is so early in the day. I feel like most people don't get out of work toe at least like four or five. And if you want to go after work, you have to pay for this.
Speaker 2: I get wrong. I'm going not cool.
Speaker 1: I think they've got to make more money. I mean, cemeteries are a dying business.
Speaker 2: Wow, Graham, too soon, that's too soon.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 2: Are you going cool then, Graham?
Speaker 1: Yeah, super cool?
Speaker 3: Not cool?
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine