Speaker 1: COSI. This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast.
Speaker 2: Right now, ladies and gentlemen, listen to this, and now it's time for the cat corner.
Speaker 3: I have tears in my eyes. America is crumbling. We have outdated highways. Great highways like we built in the past are not happening. High speed rail, my daughter called me from China. She was going two hundred and fifty miles an hour. What do we have in America? High speed rail hasn't happened. Airports we have second rate airports compared to other countries. Promises promises from politicians that we're going to fix the roads, fix the airports, et cetera, et cetera. Then we also need to balance. When we have a budget in one of those Blue states for one hundred billion, we don't want it to cost a two hundred billion. We need to stop debating and we have to start building. President Trump has said nineteen trillion dollars in new factories and businesses are coming to America over the next few years. Well, they need roads, they need airports. It should not be a controversial issue. It should be an American issue. Let's make America great again. This is John Katsmatitis with the cat's corner.
Speaker 2: And the cat's corner is right here, right now, John, kats Matiti's is with us. Good morning, John, how are you well?
Speaker 1: Good morning, and the sun is shining, which is great for Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: I love it. John. I heard your Cat's corner. It blew my mind. I said, I've got to play this, and so now even better we have you on with us. John. Let's start with some of the things you said, the airport, the roads, and a high speed rail. I happen to be, despite being a conservatant here a proponent of high speed rail. We have been talking about high speed rail for decades. Obama. I remember when President Obama went to China came back gushing about how they were making advances with high speed rail and we were lagging behind. The distance is even further, John, Why can't we have And then look what California did, all this billions and billions and billions spent not one high speed train and not one, not one completed line. Why can't we have high speed rail in America? Why don't we have it?
Speaker 1: Well, the truth is, I don't think anybody really knows, the fact is that it's good to talk to people about it as similar to what they're doing now, free buses and free trains and free food and free this and free that. The pology. You know, the American people are listeners. Should realize that half the stuff is just talk. And it's very very sad. Uh. You know. I love to take the when I go from New York to Washington, d C. I love to check the train because they go from downtown to downtown instead of wait going to the airport, have to go to the airport, wait, wait for the airplane, do this through that, and it takes just about the same amount of time to go to Washington by train, and then it does the by plane. And I did get a phone call for my daughter. She was in China visiting, and she was going two undred says Dad, I'm going two hundred fifty miles an hour. Why can't could they do it? And why can't we do it? And why can't they do it in three years? And it takes us forever? There's something you know, in the ninety year I grew up, I'm maybe older than you. I grew up in the fifties, in the sixties, and right after World War Two, we were dedicated. We were dedicated, and we were out there building building building, Remember all the highways of Eisenhower built. Oh, we were so proud of them. We even wrote songs about Root sixty six. We made a television show about Route sixty six, and somehow it all came to a stop. Yeah.
Speaker 2: John. One of the things Rush talked about was the speed with what the Empire State Building came up, which was that, for many, many, many decades, the tallest building in the world. Of course that's been eclipsed time and time over, but that building only took a few years from breaking the ground to the completing completion of the building. It's still standing and it was a building that was well built, and it was done in such a short period of time. Now you're a building yourself, John, what do you face when you when you're building projects? Well?
Speaker 1: Uh, I first of all, I love to build projects that wow wow projects. What's a wild project? You look at it and you say, wow, I want to live there in something that we're proud of. Uh. And that's what I always tell my real estate guys, and I have to argue with them because they're saying, oh bosh, it's gonna question A that a million dollars, I said, so what, I'll make a million dollars less. I don't care. I want a wild project. Uh. And we we want to build things in America that we're all proud of. And there it's highways. I mean, they were making fun of us around the world that we had the crappiest Uh. The airport's around. I mean, we're starting to make some improvements, but it looks like it takes forever. And you know, and then the other problem is in some of our Blue states, they come up with a budget of one hundred million and the ends up coursing two hundred million and the extra three years. The one thing that I remember.
Speaker 2: The Big dig You remember the Big Diggan Massachusetts. Yeah, you remember the Big Diggan Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: How that went on forever and ever, and the cost over ones were just insane.
Speaker 1: They just kept paying and pay and pain. And but I was gonna say to you, I gotta give Cromo some accolades on a couple of projects. He rebuilt part of LaGuardia. He rebuilt the bridge.
Speaker 2: The old bridge that it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Captain Seat bridge, And he built it in no time. At all. So, you know, a lot of people didn't like him because he was a real tough guy. But I guess he was tough enough to build the bridge, and he's tough enough to fix LaGuardia. He was tough enough to do a few other things. And sof I gotta get him some accolades. With his accolades to be given, I'll give some accolades. The other thing that bothers me taking the Amtrak from New York to Washington. There's no seatbelts. I don't understand. You're going one hundred and forty miles an hour. You're going one hundred and fifty miles an hour. How come there's no seatbelts.
Speaker 2: On thesella you're talking on your cellar line. Yeah, here's what I don't understand, John, since you want to bring you up, and since I brought a look, if you if you take that route, and I've taken that train many times, all you see on the sides of as you go through the outskirts of Philadelphia, as you go through some of the ou skirts, you just see blight. You see the blight.
Speaker 1: And I got tears in my eyes because you go through Baltimore, you go through Philadelphia, you go through Baltimore, you go through some of those suburbs, and it looks like it looks like Germany after World War Two.
Speaker 2: Right these are I don't know what the answer is, but you talk about a high speed rail line, there is the real estate is there to do it. If they had to even go above ground like they do in Japan, where you have the high speed rail above ground in certain places so that they can make sure that it's as speedy as possible, the real estate is there to do it. What is lacking, it seems to me, is the political will to do it and to do it cost effectively, without grift, and without what has happened in California. It's a disgrace. You spend a billion, go ahead, and.
Speaker 1: He wants to do. Gavin Bloson whats to do to the rest of the country when he did to California. I mean, I got changed in my eyes. You know, I had Vice President Pence, the former Vice president, on my show last week, and you know what he says. I disagreed with a lot of Republicans. I disagreed with President Trump. But so Republicans disagree amongst themselves on a lot of things, but Democrats have lost their minds, right.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that when John. I want to take a quick break here. Hey, John, you want to take a few chhone calls with me? Can you do that?
Speaker 1: Not a problem?
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what we're gonna do. I want to talk to you about when we get back. I want to talk to you about James Talarico Dowland, Texas, who is still blaming Ronald Reagan for trickle down economics. And then I want to take a few calls with you. Let's see what we have. One of the phone lines, James Golden both nerly, John Katzimatini's is with us ladies and gentlemen. John Katzimatini's is here, John, let me play this for you. It'll just take a minute and change. This is the guy that's running for the Senate down there in tejas In, Texas, James tallerco. Listen to what his take is on why we are in the economic situations we are today.
Speaker 4: Republicans and some Democrats sold the false gospel of trickle down economics, that that idea that the best way to grow the economy is to let the rich get richer and forget about everybody else. That the best way to motivate wealthy people is to give them money, and the best way to motivate the rest of us is to take it away. Someday, somehow, they told us the gains would trickle down to the rest of us. Trickle down economics is not a theory. It is theft for fifty years.
Speaker 2: That's fifty years. Listen, John, This to me is just it's so bogus. Supply side economic John Kennedy was in favor and wanted as policy, he said, and he said it in a way that everyone could understand. A rising tide, lift all boat. This guy says, we let the rich get richer and forget about everybody else. The United States of America spends more on welfare than any other developed nation on the face of the earth, and it's a never ending spend. And then he says, we give the rich money and take the money away from the poor. Wealthy people, the people in the top one percent, and you know this pay the majority of all taxes period. What do you make of this argument? That democrat? And this kid was born the year that Ronald Reagan finished his last time. He was born in nineteen eighty nine, when Reagan's first term was over. And yet he's talking as if he's some kind of expert on so called trickle down economics.
Speaker 1: What do you think, John, I think he has no clue at all. It's like the same thing happens with AOC in New York City. When Amazon was going to spend thirty billion dollars in New York City, in Queens County where they needed more jobs, thirty billion dollars. One company, Amazon has the ability to do that. Well, you know what happened, she said, And we're gonna give the Amazon back four billion dollars as a rebate. Later on, she says, well, we're going to spend the four billion dollars someplace else. There was no four billion dollars. This is how stupid she was. After Amazon spends the thirty billion, after we create twenty five thousand jobs, Afterwards, after the twenty five thousand people are paying their taxes to New York City, New York State, and the federal government. After all that, we give them Amazon back in twenty thirty five or twenty thirty three four billion dollar rebate. Afterwards, it's we're giving them back part of their own money because they could weated the jobs, and those people, those thirty thousand jobs that created are paying taxes. The problem is, you know, and I heard some people the Democratic Socialist Party they want to lower the voting age down to sixteen sixteen. Yeah, I mean, I know, we voted it down to eighteen. But you need some common sense sometimes, and we're losing it. Whether whether it's Texas or whether it's Illinois, or whether it's New York, we're losing it. And President Trump said, I remember with Illinois, we've lost two hundred and eighty thousand black and brown people kids in Chicago since the Iranian War. And the Democrats are saying, oh, thirteen soldiers died. Things happen. I don't want thirty soldiers to die. But the lord two hundred and eighty black and brown kids that had a that never got a chance to grow up, and he's offered help to send people in to help make a difference in that Governor of Illinois says, no, we don't want your help.
Speaker 2: Ritz Yep and Brandon Johnson won't won't take the help either.
Speaker 1: Don't understand it. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Both well, well, I do understand it, John. Their hatred of Donald Trump supersedes everything else. They hate him, so it is pure hate that they can't see beyond their hate toward what is best for the people that they claim to represent.
Speaker 5: It's astounding for the Police Athletic League in New York City for forty years, maybe forty five years, and now I'm chairman and we take care of twenty five thousand kids, black and brown kids, and then in the inner cities, and I worry about every single one of them.
Speaker 1: In Chicago, they don't worry. I mean, how can this happen to our country? How can that be acceptable? Man?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what, John, I'm looking at the clock. We promised to take calls. Can we do this? Can we just ask you to hang out with us a little while longer after the top of the hour break, so you and I can take some calls together. And I want to play something else for you. I actually want to play this candidate, something from this candidate that's running in to be the governor of Wisconsin and of all things, John, The Washington Post has an editor today about why she shouldn't be the governor. They're afraid that people will start fleeing Wisconsin if she becomes governor, like they're fleeing everyone else. I don't know what your time frame is like. If you have other stuff to do with.
Speaker 1: Want I tell you I have to go. You know, we're hosting I'm hosting a breakfast. You know, we in Southampton. We're host of breakfast every Saturday morning for all those people that have nothing to do on Saturday mornings. And we usually have about one hundred people. Last week we had Bill O'Reilly. The week before we had Katie McFarland. The week before that, we're Andrew Cuomo. The week before that, we had Bruce Blakeman. Today we have Governor Hope and she's consisting up being there at nine o'clock. And I told everybody that's coming, I said, you listen, she is the governor. You have to be civilized. And I'll be in the car and I'll call you back from the far about eight o five or eight oh seven.
Speaker 2: That sounds great, John, We'll talk to you five eight oh seven while John is on his way to breakfast. John, thanks so much. We look at we'll look for you on the other side. Okay, yep, great, Okay, folks, here we are, our number you know, coming to a close, Our number duo coming straight up. We're gonna just grab a few calls with John and he's gonna r on his way to breakfast. If you're on hold, stay armhold eight hundred and eight for eight nine two two two. You know there is I want to play this Rokahanna cut for John two that we have and then we're gonna take some calls when we get back because it's Roe Kahanna cut and I'm saving this cut rod Nikono to save this cut for Princess Diana when she returns from her hiatus, the visiting the subjects throughout the country, our number one indicator, our number duo coming up on a Saturday morning, extravagance. Whatever you do, keep it right here with us, folks, please and do not go. John Kats is back with us. John in the car, head it to the breakfast.
Speaker 1: So what's going on? I mean, the sun is shining. I hope it's shining down in where you are, and I hope it's shining for people on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you about one thing too, while you're on the road here Rokahanna. You know. And the curious thing about ro Coahanna is, sometimes to me, John, even though this guy is a total liberal Democrat, refuses to denounce this this piker character. Once in a while, Kahanna says things that makes sense to me. I want to play something for you and get his reaction. They cut for Rokahanna. Here it is, John, listen to this and tell me what you think about this.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you why they're winning. People are upset at a unfair political and economic system. They can't afford gas, they can't afford food. Young people can't afford to buy a home or get a job. But what I've said, I've called an economic patriotism, that we need a future economy delivering prosperity for every American and every community, not just enriching billionaires in a few places. And America's next new deal. And that's I call myself an FDR Democrat, and I think that's a big tent that can actually bring change in this country.
Speaker 2: So when you hear stuff like that, what do you think.
Speaker 1: I think it sounds great. It sounds great, but it doesn't work. And that's with the hosting. You have to say, and you have to consider you need. It doesn't work in any Socialism has not worked in any country. And what happens is the people that preach socialism are the ones that end up like being in charge later on and what they end up becoming dictators? You know of any I want to ask all those people talking like that, do you know of any socialist country that's a democracy that that and that the socialist characters ended up becoming dictators and they ended up being the billionaires and controlling the money. Don't forget that. They what they say about putin he controls zidiots. Look, Gletski, I never trusted one hundred percent. I think there's zidions going somewhere else. You know, uh, if you know, it's very very sad that people believe these characters and their characters. If you were a businessman and believed all those characters coming into your business, you go broken no time.
Speaker 2: And this is but John, okay, so I number one, I agree with you. I think part of these guys never talk about what caused the problems that they're complaining about the economic woes, and most of the economic woes are caused by liberal policies that do not have market based solutions for anything, or that basically are trying to redistribute wealth and that. So you look at New York's housing problems caused by regulation, you look at liberal regulation, You look at what they're trying to do, and you know this all too well. Look at what they're trying to do in the grocery markets, and you see another problem getting ready to happen that everyone that knows how business work is saying, don't do this, you're gonna make matters worse. But they're going full steam ahead and trying to do it anyway. You look at what they're trying to do, giving away childcare to a limited group people at taxpayer expense. This is not going to be it's not going to be sustainable. You're not going to ever be able to afford to do this without discriminating against certain tax payers who won't, who are paying for their own kids and they're paying for other people's kids. Everything these people try has been tried before. It doesn't work. I agree with you, But John, the point that I want to see and get your reaction, we got to take a break. When we come back from the break, when they talk about young people and the way that young people are suffering because they can't get ahead. I want to ask you what the solution to that is when we get back, because that is real. This younger generation, they are not having the same kind of economic opportunities that existed in America before James Goldland. The spinners are taking us in here. I'll tell you why when we get back. John Katsumuteneus is with us. Lationis and gentlemen, John, let me just ask you this one question. I know you're headed to breakfast before we go for the half hour, John, what would you tell young people who feel that the American dream has passed them by? What advice would you give to the younger generation who feel no matter how hard they try. And I'm not talking about the lazy. I'm not talking about the people that don't want to work. I'm talking about the ones that want to work, that want to succeed, but they just think that the deck is stacked against them. What would you say to those kids?
Speaker 1: The deck is not stacked against you. The only place in the world you can go from poverty to success is America. Work hard, and the fact is be the best at what you do. If you're the best plumber around, you're going to become a millionaire. If you're the best electrician around, you're going to become a millionaire because you're going to establish a business and you're gonna have other people work for you. And America is still the American dream is still alive. And Bow if they go into the WABC website the bookstore, anybody wants a book. If they mentioned the word both Schnartley, I will give it to them complimentary, and I will sign it and I will sign it and I will sign it. And my book the UH says how do you make a billion dollars? Guess what all they have to do is read it and UH And on page two fifty five, it's my instructions on the things that you shouldn't do and should do. UH. And success is alive in America. Work hard and you could do it and you can make it no matter how poor you are.
Speaker 2: Now, John, So if you go to the WABC bookstore and you titen boy there, John is going to sign you the book. He's giving you the book your roadmap to how you can become a bit John. Let me just ask you did this this is not coming from Theory. You came to America literally with almost nothing.
Speaker 1: My father, you bestboy, not even a waiter because he couldn't speak English well. So he was a bus boy. He was making forty eight dollars a week pay and I worked hard. He sent me to good schools. He sent me to Brooklyn Tech High School, which is a brook a public high school. And I went to a public high school. I was. I got. I had the congressional nomination for west Point, but I ended up going up to New York University NYU in the Uptown campus which is now Bronx Community. Work hard, study hard, and used common sense in life, and you can make it in America.
Speaker 2: Wow, John Katz and Matiti's ladies and gentlemen. John, you know we don't talk often enough. You have to come back once in a while. I love this so inspirational. So John, thank you so much for spending your time with us this morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me and I hope if we saved two, three, four or five kids this morning, then we earned our pay for the morning.
Speaker 2: Boom. I love that. Remember, folks, that great offer that John just made you. You want to know how to do it. You want to know how to do it. He's going to give you a roadmap on how to do it. James Goldlin is nerdly. John Katsimentinius, thank you so much