Speaker 1: All right, thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy. This is JB. Hello, Tricia's here too. Hi, everybody, and the ACL Festival. The announcement has come out. Who's playing ACL. We got that for you in just a sec. But first I gotta play a talkback for you guys that we got Tricia was. It's dealing with you talking about the girl, the actress in the movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood with Brad Pitt. Oh yeah, her very first movie, yep, and she gets to make out with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 2: All she does in the movie is make out with Brad the.
Speaker 3: Little hippie girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, right, and Tricia insanely jealous. Yeah of this girl. Of whoever she is, Well, one of our listeners knows who she is, and it might make sense how she got this job. When you hear this.
Speaker 4: That actress that was in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was actually Andy McDowell's daughter, the actress that was in Groundhog's Day. So she it's nepotism.
Speaker 2: Bye, she's one lucky McDowell.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard that name in a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a while. I can't even picture her, to be honest with you would totally recognize her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you definitely would. She had curly black hair, very tall. You look up a picture ever, you'll totally she.
Speaker 1: And Andy with an Ie actually so oh okay, yeah, yea yea ya yea, yeah, I remember Anny McDowell now sure sure, well her daughter got a good gig. Yeah, she did good for her.
Speaker 5: I mean if she never did a movie again, I feel like she'd be like, I'm good, right.
Speaker 1: You guys use the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app. Just tap the microphone send us a message. We love hearing from you. The headliners for the Austin Cea Limits Music Festival have been announced, and the reason that, well, a lot of reasons that I know this, but our daughter posted it on her Instagram account, which is her subtle way of saying that she wants to go to the Austin CEA Limits Music Festival. Headliner Sabrina Carpenter, Josier Doja, Cat, Luke Comb's The Strokes, and I've never heard of John Summit before, but he's headlining, so he must be a big deal. I don't know, does anyone know John Summit.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of him either.
Speaker 1: I have it either it's at Zilker Park. Of course, October third to fifth is the first weekend. Then October ten through twelfth is the second weekend. And I wonder, but I doubt that they're going to dial back the number of tickets that they sell, because that's been the rub on that is that it's just.
Speaker 5: Over sold, I ever sold, ridiculously crowded. You feel like cattle trying to get in. Remember when we were They have the paths blocked off for you to get to the entrance, and then it just kind of all piles up at the entrance.
Speaker 2: It narrows down and narrows down.
Speaker 5: Our daughter for sure wants to go. She's gonna want to go with friends. She'll be sixteen. Would we possibly let her go alone to ACL at sixteen.
Speaker 1: Based on her past? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she hasn't given you a reason not to trust her exactly.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, yeah, And wouldn't be that I would be afraid she would do something. I'm just saying, do we throw her into that pit the first time she goes, you know, to a giant concert by herself?
Speaker 2: Would ACL be a good one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I think I think so, And I don't think she's a jump into the pit kid. No, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: I just mean the big giant at the park and all the people.
Speaker 5: And I was worried when we took her in a friend a couple of years ago, that I was going to take her friend home and he's going to be high as a kite, because you know what I mean, Like, I mean, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: It sounds so nerdy right now. I know I might have to take him home and he might be as high as a kite.
Speaker 1: I mean, you couldn't breathe down.
Speaker 3: I mean high people don't or not. It's just as easy to drive as.
Speaker 1: True true, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's funny. I was chatting with my daughter who's twenty three, about the list because I saw it and I was like, eh, which is what tends to happen. She's much more in the wheelhouse and she was like, did you see the ACL festival lineup? It's awesome. So I defer to her that it is an awesome lineup. Some of the other names that stood out to me that they were more in Maya Wheelhouse were Caged the Elephant, Rylo Kaylie, Modest Mouse, Japanese Breakfast I'm a fan of that girl. She wrote a I want to read her biography or whatever it is. It's called crying Crying in h Mart, crying my eyes out in h Mart. I think she's of Korean descent and it's called Japanese Breakfast. But anyhow, she's super talented.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There were a few others that jumped Passion Pit, Fantagram jumped out at me Anderson East. There's a lot of good stuff in there. But you know what I feel like it is these mega festivals, or at least at least aclfest is sort of backing off on the mega mega mega act, like we gotta have Kanye or Rolling Stone. Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, Yeah, there's nothing that I would say is like so huge that oh I gotta go because it's Paul McCartney, you know what I mean? Right, yeah, right, right right, which might help.
Speaker 1: But the Wheel is pretty good. You know.
Speaker 3: That's I think that's done out of superstition because they've played every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean they open it every year, the first act, every single year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they I think they actually played before the gates open. They just told them gates open at ten to sleep at the Wheel at nine, let's go.
Speaker 1: I heard a song though the other day that I really liked, and of course I can't remember the name of it, but it was Ray Benson and Radney Foster and it was good.
Speaker 3: I didn't I'm a Radney Foster fan, so I don't know that tune.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know this song. I can't. I'll find it later. So Austin see Limit's Music Festival. I Trisha, if you're asking me to me my vote on whether or not our sixteen year old can go with a crew of friends. My vote is yes, just simply based on she's not given us a reason not to now she could between now and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what it's it's believe me. If I could do all my parenting over again, I would I would opt for that. But I think that's a really good approach to say that. So, yeah, I think we would love for you to go. You don't have to go with your parents. Have fun. But tell her what you just said, right, you had never given us a reason not to trust you. Right, If that changes, this all changes, Yeah, Like that's good. That's a really good thing to say. Now my daughter would have thrown it all out the window, but I think there's hope with your daughter.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show today, JB was on a trip to Colorado and was there to do a bike ride with a buddy, and things did not go well for mister j B. He's got the bruises to prove.
Speaker 2: It, mister JB.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be one of those things where you've got to go look at our socials just to see how banged up I am.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get into that and just a little bit, probably about seven twenty five ish, and up next, Trisa's got the story we love what you have.
Speaker 5: So Uber has announced that they are launching a pilot program in Austin for a certain age group of writers. And I don't think I actually qualify for this pilot, but I really want in on it. It sounds pretty good, all right.
Speaker 1: Details are coming up on Austin's eighty Station one three point one. Uber is testing something new in Austin, and Trista's got the details coming up in just a second the story We Love you know. Just a little bit ago, we were talking about the lineup for the ACL Festival in October at Zilker Park. I don't know if anyone cares, but last weekend, the Garth Brooks ACL Hall of Fame episode aired on PBS and I watched part of it. It was pretty good. Yeah, it was good. I mean, Garth's Garth and he does.
Speaker 3: So he was going into the ACL Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Fame. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And what was cool is because I remember when that first came out, we were like, well, what has he got to do with Austin City Limits. Well, he actually has a lot to do with that, and they tell the story of how he pitched the the the ACL people to come play the show, like he kept coming, asking him and asking him and asking him to come play it, and they finally let him play this. So this is twenty something years ago.
Speaker 3: At that time, they were very old music, yes, and he was way too progressive I'm sure from what they were doing at that.
Speaker 1: Time exactly, and he finally got to play it. And now ever since then, anytime the director of Austin City Limits need something, Garth is always like heck yeah, heck yeah, whatever he needs, whatever he needs, whatever he needs. And it was cool because he also said something that made me rethink the artists that play Austin City Limits. And what he said is that he goes with Austin City Limits limits. It's not a bunch of smoke and mirror, seems like. Trust me, I've used them all with the smoke, smoke and mirrors and it goes. And I'll tell you what was told me by other musicians that have played Austin City Limits. And he said, other musicians have told me that when you play Austin City Limits, you're the real deal. You're like, you're the you're legit. Yeah, if you play Austin City Limits, you know, which is a great way to really sum that show up and what it's all about, which is cool.
Speaker 5: I think his wife played a concert too last weekend as well on the episode. I don't know if it's on the episode, but I know she played in Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm sorry, Jimmy, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 3: No, just it's like a little bit of immortality. I think it's how they look at it, like you're legit, like playing grand old Opry's probably want.
Speaker 1: To ye to yeah exactly, very much like that. So anyway, yeah, it aired over the weekend. I'm sure you know they re air that stuff all the time.
Speaker 2: Silicies.
Speaker 1: You like our ai jinglesb Wow, you know it's a little much and wow.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a like a Nickelodeon show.
Speaker 2: It does like I should come be bopping out to be my story.
Speaker 1: It's catchy. It is catchy.
Speaker 5: Uh So, according to a press release, Uber is rolling out a pilot program for seniors. It's a Senior's Account program. It's uh rolling out in Austin. First that it's an an option on the app that's designed to make getting around easier, more intuitive, and more accessible for older adults. Some of the features of the of the Senior app larger text, fewer steps, and optional support from loved ones.
Speaker 2: I was like, I think I would like that.
Speaker 5: Meaning if somebody, if an older adult books a ride and they start getting confused, it notifies somebody on their account as an emergency contact that can help them figure it out, can help them.
Speaker 2: Speak with the driver.
Speaker 5: Perhaps the key features for the Senior Account simplified booking sometimes it gets confusing booking them if you're not used to doing it. Saved places, meaning if you go to a doctor's appointment all the time, or to this one location all the time, that is going to show up in your account for the driver to help get you there. Flexible payment option so you can use your card. You can use a family member's card on file flex cards for medical trips, so different payment options. Live tracking so loved ones can keep track of where you are and help when needed. Again, family organizers who around your account can be contacted if there's any kind of an issue.
Speaker 1: Is there anything in there about voice recognition? Like I like, my mom has lost sight in one eye and she's struggling with trying to keep the other eye and right not real good, So I'm just wondering if she could say, you know, Uber, I need a ride or something to you know, just voice its use her voice instead of right.
Speaker 5: No, I don't see anything mentioned about voice recognition, but they're just simply they apparently did some sort of a survey and overwhelmingly it.
Speaker 2: Was too confusing.
Speaker 5: So they're saying they're trying to make the technology helpful not overwhelming for the older generation, which I think I'm on the cusp of being in that older generation, and I'm like, can I get.
Speaker 1: The larger text in this simplified bookings?
Speaker 5: So I think that's very very cool they did something like this for teen accounts. A couple of years ago they did a pilot for teen writers that apparently was pretty successful.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great idea because your parents get older and at some point, like my dad is eight almost eighty five and probably should not be dry, but he still does. And just to make it easier for senior citizens to get around. I mean, they've got a lot of doctor's.
Speaker 2: Appointments, right, they really do.
Speaker 1: And they still have regular errands and grocery stores and all that.
Speaker 3: And if you want to go out, especially in a town like this, you want to go out to e go downtown. It's not like the old days where you just park and went in. Yeah, take an uber, don't deal with the car.
Speaker 1: I think they probably need to screen that have certain drivers for that too, like people that are up for doing the extra that a senior citizen would need.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, I bet you do have the option to sign up to be in that program or not.
Speaker 3: Right, So then first question, if you want to be one of those drivers, do you like where there's candy?
Speaker 1: I would have them in my car if I was a driver, I would have them already.
Speaker 5: I think they should always be in the car, no matter how old you are, because they're delicious.
Speaker 1: I've always been impressed with the Uber driver that's got like a bottle of water in the car for you, especially in the summertime. That's nice, right, still extra touch for so JB, have you gotten Awaimo yet? I know you're wait.
Speaker 3: I have not. You know you can't. They are in partnership with Uber in Austin. You cannot just request a Weaimo, the autonomous, the Jag, the white Jag war cars with Weimo. It's it's random, it's luck of the draw. And they're all over my neighborhood. I've been wanting to try one, but I have not.
Speaker 1: I was behind one recently downtown off of like tenth and Congress, right behind it at the stop light, right in front of the the Stephen F. Austin Hotel. Oh yeah, and I was mesmerized by it.
Speaker 5: I was downtown Saturday and I probably saw five of them within a two mile radius of way, all over everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Yeah, it's the future though, for sure. Definitely. That is the story. We love Don't go Anywhere. Because JB went on a trip to Colorado to ride his bicycle with the buddy ended up getting pretty banged up. I got to hear this story.
Speaker 3: It's all right, it's not I'm going to show you guys, like physically show you the injury, and you're gonnaw, you're gonna gasp.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with hey. If that doesn't keep you around, I don't know, well, stick around. It's coming up on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app. This won't be the first time I've seen some of JB's cycling injury. So I remember years ago JB walking into the studio pair of shorts. He goes, hey, check this out, pull his shorts up. Had a had a bruise the size of a watermelon on his just like hip down to his thigh. It was enormous bicycle accident. You got another one. Tell us where you went, what you did, what happened. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I met up with a buddy of mine. He lives in outside of Denver, and so I flew into Denver, jumped into his sprinter van with him. We went about four hours to a place called Fruta, Colorado, kind of near Grand Junction, and it was it's a gravel ride, so gravel riding is like one of the newest I shouldn't say newest, but the most recent popular trends in cycling. And it gets you off like the busy streets and out on you know, farm gravel roads up into the mountains. It's really fun. And so it kind of looks like a typical road bike, but the tires are a lot wider, and you know, they're like skinny motorcycle tires. The idea is that you know, a little more grippy in the loose dirt and until it's not. And so he and I did this seventy five mile ride.
Speaker 1: And gravel in the mountains, you know, in one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're you're you're starting at an altitude of like it's some like forty six hundred feet or something like that. Wow, you're you're up there. You're you're at altitude and uh, and then there was about four thousand feet of climbing in the seventy five milesiles and it was fun and until it wasn't, and then it was fun again, and then it wasn't, and now it's not. I was he spends more time on a gravel bike, and I was having a hard time keeping up on the downhills, and I'm bombing down this one downhill and that it's kind of like a gully at the bottom, and that it was kind of a little too late to slow down to where I would have felt more comfortable. But it was all sandy bottom, and I'm like, okay, sand is very hard to ride a bike through, but it's also it's sand, right, so soft, and so I come flying into it and I'm you know, and the bike's getting kind of loose and.
Speaker 1: You're thirteen again, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then it hits this gully and I'm starting to come back up, still have a ton of speed, and the tire front tire just gets kind of shoved to the side and then it ended up popping over to the other lane and it washes out really quick, and what bam, I go down. I go down really hard on my right side. And it's funny.
Speaker 1: This is about.
Speaker 3: Fifty miles into the race, so we've already been out there for quite a bit. It's getting hot. And the first two things I noticed as I'm falling, I get a leg cramp in my calf on the right side, and so I'm laying there and that's all I can feel is the cramp, right, And then I did scrape my elbow. You can probably see that. There's, yeah, scrape on my elbow, that's the deal. And a tiny scrape on my knee. And I didn't even think about I was like, oh, it kind of hit my hip and didn't even think much of it, no big deal. You know how it is when you have stuff like that, You're adrenaline kicks in, You're a little embarrassed. You get up, you dust off, and I'm just because I crashed in sand, so I'm just.
Speaker 1: You look like a powdered nonut. You're all sweaty, and you're.
Speaker 3: Going, yeah, I looked terrible, and it's dusty and dirty. And then we get we're like a mile from the next rest stop. I take some water and I clean off my elbow and I'm like, ah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I feel good.
Speaker 3: Didn't think anything of it. And then we're riding about another thirty minutes and I reached down to my hip and it feels like it's the size of a baseball. Ooh, this lump, and I'm like, oh my god. And I turned to my buddy and I go.
Speaker 1: Do you see that?
Speaker 3: And He's like, yeah, I see that. It's just like this huge not sticking out of my hip. Now, everything was working fine, I'm riding the bike, the bones are working, I'm turning. I feel okay. It just keeps swelling and swelling and swelling. And then when we got back to the van at the end of it, it was like this extra extra giant love handle is probably the best way to describe it. It was all swollen, wasn't bruised at this time. And then I think I posted a video of that, and you saw that, right, Tricia.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: I saw it and it was just like you could just grab it with your hand.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 5: It was like a giant love handle, only on one side of your body.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then uh, and then we're you know, we're just hanging out, having some beers after the ride, and I'm like, oh, this is fine. You know, I've banged up before all I cared about. Everything's working, you know what I mean, and fracture anything whatever. And it starts bruising and swelling and bruising and swelling. I'm like, oh crap. So I get some ice and I'm iicing it and we're just hanging out having some beers and it just keeps. The bruise just keeps spreading and sweating, and then I'm like, well, you know, I'll sleep on it and sleep on my side the other side, and you know, maybe this thing will go down. So that was on Saturday. It is still not gone down.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, let's see it bruising.
Speaker 3: The bruising has gone from a softball sized area on my hip to all the way around to my belly button and halfway around my back.
Speaker 1: Oh you're ready to see I want to see this all.
Speaker 3: Right, here we go. Can you see that might hit?
Speaker 1: Ready? Yeah? Oh my gosh, JB dude. I mean it's from his back where his spine is to is just below his short line, all the way to his belly button is just one giant purple mass of Look, you need to get that drained or something.
Speaker 3: I went to the doctor and they gave me a pat on the butt, said you'll be fine, okay, gees, it's what I thought. It's so it's so hard like a baseball. I thought they were gonna like poke it and it was just going to be like you ever seen those videos when they're like a cow has an infection just goes yeah.
Speaker 1: Like doctor pimple popper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I thought the doctor is going to do. It's like, oh, we got to get some of this inflammation and infection out of there. Like now, they're like, you're fine.
Speaker 1: Does it hurt?
Speaker 3: It's sore, it's tender, like you know, bruises.
Speaker 1: Where they I mean, it's kind of near your kidneys. Were they worried about that?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's the the impact spot is directly on the side o. The bruising that has gone forward to my belly and then all the way to the middle of my back is just blood drainage. Oh yeah, that's a nice thought, isn't it. Yeah, that's just internal bleeding draining Again.
Speaker 5: Internally, it just sounds like it's so much danger there.
Speaker 2: But they were like, you're totally fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, hopefully I still am. They I was like, I thought they would want to do something, but man.
Speaker 1: Did you did you go to the emergency room or do you now?
Speaker 3: My regular my regular doctor.
Speaker 2: But they were like the same reaction we had when he.
Speaker 3: Lifted up your No, I guess not. I guess they see crazy stuff all the time, but wow.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they refer you to someone else, you would think, huh, so do they give you like how long, like if this gets worse, come back or no?
Speaker 3: She was She was like if this gets if this gets worse and you're in a lot of pain, go to the er, that's the next step. Like there's nothing they can do, which I kind of feel that way about most Yeah, family doctor stuff, like what do you actually can't really do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, not a lot? You know? So are you worried at all?
Speaker 3: Or are you just like, well before like so I had a few days before going to the doctor and I was like, what if there's some infection in there? Yeah, possible, but it was more of an impact than a scrape. And then I thought, well, what if the blood clots or something that could cause a problem. I actually asked them about that and they're like, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, and JB, what.
Speaker 2: If it never goes away? It always looks like.
Speaker 3: For you, what what's funny is walking around after the event there for a couple of days, it literally looks like I'm concealed carry Oh yeah. I definitely saw some very country kind of guys like going, uh huh, I got you it looks like I've got a gun on my hip.
Speaker 1: It's so swollen. Is this your best injury yet? I mean, like you're most like, I.
Speaker 2: Mean like ranking like this one's.
Speaker 1: Way worse than the one in the past on your side of your hip, which was big. But this one is like growing around your stomach and back.
Speaker 3: I know it's the it's the lump that's more concerning. Bruising is just bruising.
Speaker 1: And let me guess you got no sympathy at home, no zero, you got, you gotta whatever.
Speaker 5: You still got to do all the chores. It's very willy Wonka, it's very viole. You're turning violet violet.
Speaker 3: I know. I asked my wife. I said, if you've ever had a fantasy about being with a guy with a purple unit? I said, now it's your time, I said, because it's creeping that direction.
Speaker 1: Oh that'll be weird.
Speaker 3: Right, Is that a chick thing? Tricia purple?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I mean it's not.
Speaker 3: My I mean when when when women buy the fake ones they like the colors.
Speaker 1: Oh, the colors. I'm gonna let you know.
Speaker 2: The colors don't matter. Friends, you don't care about the color?
Speaker 1: Well, take care to do. I guess I take your pat on the bottom from the doctor and take care of it. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: Not much you can do, just heal. I'm and you know, in my thought of it immediately and still now is like, oh, I'm pretty lucky. That could have been a lot worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and out in the middle of nowhere that could have been bad.
Speaker 1: Be careful. We'll take a quick break still to come, Tricia. There's something that we've been invited to this weekend that Tricia and our daughter are going to. And I put my foot down that I'm not going to, but she keeps trying to course me to go. All right, stay with us. We'll tell you all about it. Coming up on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one, coming up before eight o'clock. JB used a word recently to describe what living in Austin is like, and I've used it with several of my friends and they all say, oh, my gosh, that's the perfect word. Tricia experienced it on Friday night.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember what that word was.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a little bit, all right, we'll get to that in just a little bit. But first, Tricia and I have been invited to something this weekend that I initially had put my foot down that I am not going to, and Tricia has kind of convinced me that maybe I I should go, not should go, But it's not as bad as I think. Not.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's what we initially thought it was.
Speaker 5: Number one, And I think you'll look like a real heel if you don't show up, because from what I can tell, you'd be the only dude not showing up.
Speaker 1: All right, What it is is a couple's babies shower. I thought I was well fringe, Yes, gosh, well past my days of either one of us attending a baby shower of our friend, of one of our friends.
Speaker 3: Who's older than us, one of your friend's kids. Right, Nope, nope, one of.
Speaker 1: Our friends who's older than us is having a baby.
Speaker 5: What ps moved up his hip replacement surgery before the birth of the baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Our old neighbor dou Wa Darryl.
Speaker 5: Our daughter couldn't say Darryl. She called him dou Wa, So that's what we call him.
Speaker 1: What is he sixty three or four?
Speaker 3: Three sixty four having a baby?
Speaker 1: Having a baby and having a couple's baby shower.
Speaker 5: Wait, how old is the she's younger, late late thirties maybe yeah.
Speaker 3: And women are definitely having kids later, yeah quite a bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 5: But here's what I think it really is. I think them labeling it couples. I think they couple's baby shower messed it up. But now I understand why. So we lived out on the lake for like thirteen years. We have a whole community of friends out there, and our friend Darryl, who's having the baby, lives out there too, and it's people out there that are throwing this shower. I think they called it a couple's baby shower, so it wasn't just for the girls, right, But also based on the fact that fifty seven people have already RSVP to be there on Saturday, makes me think that it's really a party, a get together, because we know like twenty five of the people that are going to be there.
Speaker 3: At all, five people in the world at a certain age you thin the herd, And yeah, how do they know that many people.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that it's that many people.
Speaker 5: But all it does is convinced me that it's not a bunch of girls or a small group of people. We're not going to be trying to figure out how big her belly is, using toilet paper rolls, or eating figure blindfolded, eating baby food trying to identify the flavor.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be that kind of a baby shower.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it just happens at these things. It's that what happens is the crowd just splits into the girls on one side and the guys are outside.
Speaker 3: That's what we are watching whatever sporting sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watching the NHL playoffs this week, right, go Stars. By the way, I'm on the bandwagon bell the Stars.
Speaker 5: I think though, again based on the people have rs VP, that they're going literally, of that group of our friends out there, you'll be the only guy not there.
Speaker 1: Can we take two cars? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, actually I don't care pretty or not?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take two cars. That way I can leave.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna leave. All your buddies are going to be out there. I guarantee there's probably barbecuing going on.
Speaker 1: I hope that should be consulting me.
Speaker 5: I hope our one friend brings that smoked salmon that he makes so good, and VICKI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, are there on the list. Yes, Jim Brown is big donator to bikes for kids back in the day. Thank you big.
Speaker 3: So how did I mean have you talked to your friend about the I mean what it requires is a child physically at its age.
Speaker 2: I think that's why he moved up his hip replacements.
Speaker 3: I was thirty five when my daughter was born, and I felt that was kinshiably.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was thirty seven when we had Landry. Sandy was almost forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was almost forty when she was born.
Speaker 3: And you were You were on the higher end right among the other dads, weren't you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, our school with Landry and her friends were the oldest parents by far.
Speaker 2: Oh yea yeah, by far, the oldest fox by far.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a couple's baby shower, it's but it's not really, it's a get together of old friends celebrating the birth of Darryl's child.
Speaker 5: They should have called it a baby party. That's what they should have called it, not a couple's baby shower.
Speaker 1: Darryl and it's a girl, Oh it is, it's a girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they already do the big reveal party.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just know they know. Okay, side story here, side story. Friend of ours is a guy that he's a we had some painting done at the house, and he's a guy we've known forever. It's a funny story. And uh, you know, you get to know people over the years and you catch up with him when they do work for you and stuff. And he was telling me that he he has five kids, right, and he's kind of getting the story about his daughter was graduating from college and all this stuff. And and I go five. He goes, yep, four girls. And I immediately said wow. And he's a Hispanic dude. I go, man, four kingsoniras he goes, yeah, I know. Anyway, so he's telling me the story. He goes, so after the fourth girl, Uh, his wife got fixed, okay, to not have any more kids.
Speaker 2: But then is what it's called, Yes, you get dogs fixed.
Speaker 1: Well, tubes TIEDE doesn't sound much better. It's a little better. Okay, So she gotter tubes tied. Then she changed my mind one to have a kid. So they so he said, so we went the in vitro route to do it. And he said, he goes, he goes after four girls. I'd pay extra to put boy inside of her. He didn't care what they Yeah, he was like, I pay an extra for a boy.
Speaker 3: That boy is going to cost you lesson the wrong long run if you pay gender now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. So anyway we're going. I guess I'm got what time is this? A Saturday? At noon? Noon?
Speaker 2: Noone on Saturday?
Speaker 1: All right? I hope their food's good. Oh it will be.
Speaker 2: I think it will be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. All Right, Well, good luck to you, Darryl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck Darryl sixty five.
Speaker 1: Year old man with a baby, an infant. I just the thought of that. Anybody listening right now, yeah, is thinking the exact same thing.
Speaker 5: Oh and at some point we have to tell JB about our robot baby that Landry brought to home over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, save that for tomorrow. We haven't philed Jane on matt her growth and development for a class.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 3: It's funny when I I've known people that you know, guys that that you know, get remarried and it's a younger, much younger second wife and they have a whole second family, And I'm like.
Speaker 1: No way I would say that for that, No, I'm out, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: No. Do I want another family. No, this first one about to kill me, killed me and I was one kid and one wife and I'm barely surviving that. To start all over again from scratch, no way, no way, ah uh.
Speaker 1: Coming up a couple of weeks ago, JB used the perfect word to describe what it's like to live in Austin. I've used that word with several my friends and they all say that it's perfect. Tricia experienced it on Friday night with her girlfriends. We'll tell you what that's all about. Coming up on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. A couple of weeks ago, we were talking about what it's like to live in Austin right now with all the construction going on and all of the road closures. It's like the city got this money approved to make improvements in Austin, and they said, let's do it all at once, every single bit of it, from north to south and east to west. Let's do it all at once. It inconvenience everybody at the same time, make.
Speaker 2: It all painful at the same time.
Speaker 3: We have purchased every orange barrel on Amazon in the entire world.
Speaker 1: And so JB had the perfect word for describing what it's like, and I used it. I was I was driving home from I was going from listen to this trip, played golf at Spanish Oaks on Saturday. Spanish Oaks to Cedar Park. That's a hall, right, that's a hall. And a buddy of mine was driving and I said, you know, JB used the perfect word to describe driving and living in Austin. The word is unmanageable. Yep. And he's like, dude, that is the perfect world.
Speaker 5: That's what I said. When you said it a couple of weeks ago. I was like, that's the word, right.
Speaker 1: And you lived it on Friday night. I did on Saturday night.
Speaker 5: Remember I was supposed to go Friday night, but those crazy storms came through Friday, so I ended up going out Saturday night with a couple of girls to dinner. And it was beautiful weather. Those storms Friday night blew in this kind of cold front, like perfect outdoor weather. So we live in Cedar Park. My friend lives on South Lamar on blue Bonnet Lane.
Speaker 3: Oh that's my daughter's neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's on a Saturday at four point thirty. It was an awful drive. It took over thirty minutes. For some reason, GPS routed me down Caesar Chavez to go across and up Lamar. When I was like, I was arguing out loud with my GPS, like.
Speaker 1: Barton Springs, would you that little left urn, Yes, I hate the power plant. That's the power plant. I never remember the name of that street. Right.
Speaker 5: And at the last minute, when I could either go straight to the Barton Springs exit, Barton Hill's exit, or take the Caesar Chavez exit, I was yelling. And as soon as I got on Caesar Chavez that all the traffic got backed up. And then I was pissed at myself that I followed the GPS. But I got up and I did the little jig. I go up a couple of miles. I mean, Lamar is packed lights. The pedestrian lights make me nervous.
Speaker 2: People walk, you know what I mean. It was just a lot. We get there and we want to.
Speaker 1: Go to Lao. Have you been to Lao? JB. Laura.
Speaker 2: That place is great, great outdoor seating.
Speaker 3: The Asian Fusion barbecue.
Speaker 5: Yes, so good. And it was perfect weather to sit outside. And I am not an outside eater by any stretch. So we get in the car, back in my car, because I was my car was the most convenient. We drive down Lamar, takes it's wall to get down it. We get in that parking lot and the line is unbelievable. The wait is over an hour and fifteen minutes. Everybody had the same idea. Then it took us about fifteen minutes just to get out of the Laurel parking lot back on the Lamar and we just finally just settled for Maddis right there by Lamar Union.
Speaker 3: Oh the old, the old Madi. I love that Maddis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 5: I love at the feel of that Modis. It looks exactly the same as it always has.
Speaker 3: That bar has like five seats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tiny.
Speaker 3: My brother, my brother in law, Carston is one of them all the time.
Speaker 2: Really, I wonder if he was there. We sat on the path.
Speaker 3: John the bartender there and makes a mean margarita.
Speaker 5: Big old guy with a beard, No guy real tall, okay, so big.
Speaker 2: It was definitely a tall guy. For some reason my brain he had a beard.
Speaker 5: But we sat on the patio watch the Kentucky Derby, which was great, but they had the volume turned down, which is a higher level of difficulty understanding the derby when you can't hear the horses name is being called, and they all look the same color because the track was wet, so they're all covered in mud.
Speaker 1: But let me ask a question about this. As we discussed kind of difficult unmanageable it is to live in US. Let's say that tomorrow all the traffic, all the road projects were done. Is life better? Oh?
Speaker 3: Some of it? Because like what Tricia's talking about with when they're building a whole new complex apartments and condos on Lamar, which they're doing everywhere all the task property, they take the whole lane. I don't know if you have to have a certain number of feet of buffer, which is what it must be to construction a setback? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it must be something because they're blocking the lane. You're like, why is this whole lane block? And it's not like you can put up a you know, twelve story apartment complex overnight. It's a two year process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 3: I know my daughter's lease is she's near that area. It's up in July, I think early July and she's like, I gotta get I gotta get away from South Lamar.
Speaker 1: I can't sell it.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit more intense than other areas in the downtown, right, That's what it felt like to me. And I used to live over there. Never even thought twice about it, but it seemed so much more intensing.
Speaker 1: In sould the injury for you coming home the Mopek to one three shut down.
Speaker 5: Mopak goes to one lane at one three one lane. It's like ten thirty at night. I just was like, kill me now. And then Sandy has this amazing trick. I almost hate to talk about.
Speaker 1: It because that's something nice about me.
Speaker 5: No, because then everybody's going to use it. Geez, calm down. If you are stuck on Mopack, if you can get off at the Stack exit, there's a dedicated lane that goes from the Stack exit and it is one lane. You stay in that inside lane and it takes you straight onto the one eighty three flyover. Like it's a huge hack for about what a half a mile. Yeah, that you don't sit in traffic. And I got lucky and did that at the last second, or else I'd still be sitting in that traffic, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a barrier between you and mopak that lane, JB. You can't No one can merge over to that lane. It's just like an express lane. If you get off a mopack at stack, then you just zoom right up to one eighty three. Now everyone's going to do it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to get stuck out there.
Speaker 1: Now we get a bunch of hate messages. Why'd you tell everybody? May? Why did you do that?
Speaker 2: But I was so happy.
Speaker 5: I was sitting in traffic and I was like, thank god, I went to the bathroom before I left her house.
Speaker 2: Like it was just nothing but a sea of tail.
Speaker 1: Presser with nuts, had margarita. Yeah I did. It was good.
Speaker 3: Now, why do you Cedar Park people not use the train that you that we built for you.
Speaker 1: Because because then it stops at the convention center and you got to walk to wherever you're going from there. I got to get all up in the down.
Speaker 3: Austin taxpayers put that in for all your Cedar Park people.
Speaker 1: Stupid use dumb to help you guys go to town. I paid for that.
Speaker 3: So the macleres could go downtown, have a sandwich, and you don't use it. It pisses me off.
Speaker 1: I got to explore do you need Like do you even know where to get it from here? Like? Where would you go to get it? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean we can jump off at the crossing that's right by our house, jump right on there.
Speaker 1: That's the only place I ever see it. Yeah, I don't even know where to get on it or how to get a ticket. I don't either.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, no clue whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I challenge you both to take the light rail downtown sometimes.
Speaker 1: All right, well you pick me up at the convention Center.
Speaker 3: No, no manageable to get there if you're.
Speaker 1: Just joining us. You missed out on a lot of great stuff today, including the ACL lineup which you talked. We talked about JB's massive bruise from his cycling accident, which is horrific. Check our socials later today to see that. It's at JB Sandy at X and also on Facebook. It's the JB and Sandy Morning Show, So go check that out and more. Use that talkback feature on iHeartRadio app. We'd love hearing from you. Just tap it, record a message we'll get it, or drop us a text at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. It's Austin's eighty station. What three point one In streaming on the iHeartRadio app