Speaker 1: Greedy societations. Everyone at twelve, I'm looking a fantasy baseball Live. Today is the nineteenth of January, about eleven forty five in the morning. I'm here with my good buddy, mister Tim McCleod. Tim. It's cold up there, and thank you very much for sending the cold our way.
Speaker 2: Well, we are a sharing carrying lot up here, rich, and we just know how much you'd appreciate a little bit of a cool, cooler atmosphere for a few days. Thankfully, you're not going to get what we're getting. Nobody should get what we're getting. It's just been brutally. The air temperature last night, I believe was thirty two below thirty three throw a little bit of a reason there, and I think they're reporting thirty five forty below. I'm not dragging my butt out of the host for loved their money today. It just ain't happened. I'm I'm home bound. I'm officially hypating.
Speaker 1: So help me. That's thirty five degrees blows zero celsius. What would that be in fahrenheit?
Speaker 2: Oh, not much different because they meet up at minus forty they're exactly one and the same.
Speaker 1: Oh cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's yeah. It actually, once you get to a boat minus thirty five or so, it actually hurts to breathe outdoors.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's it's it's just cold. And before that we had high winds and some snow and uh, it's shame.
Speaker 1: It's are you Are you worried about pipes freezing again.
Speaker 2: Or ah, water's running out?
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh yeah, that's that's what we're worried about here on the island because it's going to be fifteen degrees I think on Wednesday, which things is on stilts out here, so there's nothing. Yeah, I mean it's a real problem. So we'll be okay because we're here, but there's so many people that are not at their home and those are the You'll be driving by and you'll see water running down this, you know, down the driveway and you'll know that's pipes of burst.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's uh. Well, the only thing I can suggest is get the news out there as best you can, rich and hope, yeah and hope. Uh, as many people as possible can get friends or neighbors or somebody into their place and get that water running. All you need is just a trickle. You don't need a lot of water. It just has to keep flowing. As long as it flows, it won't freeze.
Speaker 1: Sage advice from the great Tim McCloud. So, but it's it's called hopefully it to warm up here soon. And I mean we got pictures and catchers reporting in less than a month now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's three weeks because the season starts early. I think they've moved spring training up a little bit. I could be wrong there, but I believe it's like three weeks away. Under thirty eight.
Speaker 1: It's usually right around Valentine's Day, so yes, so that's because that's shortly thereafter we do our first year player drafts, which we're starting to do. I'm starting still got more more sites. I've got to move over leagues. I've got to move over to fan tracks.
Speaker 2: So okay, you're going to have any on CBS, there is going to be exclusively.
Speaker 1: I think we're moving them all over to fan tracks. So in fact, this was talking with their leader over there and just he was encouraging me to sending it. So we've Timmy have partnered up again with fan tracks. So you know, we did some advertisments for them last year. We're doing them again this year. And as Tim, I mean, I was a longtime CBS player and commissioner, and you know that I just grew incredibly frustrated the depth of the player pool was not there. They don't have the rules, and our rules are aren't all that complicated, But.
Speaker 2: No, sir, they're relatively simple compared to a lot of leagues I've seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like, so, the one rule is once you got over one hundred innings or three hundred and fifty at bats, you have to automatically promote that guy to the major leagues or get rid of them. And that was a manual intervention. CBS does not have that rule. It is so wonderful with fan tracks. You simply type that in as a rule, and as soon as it gets to one hundred and one innings, it says the guys that are no longer alis rule for the minor league roster, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have two choices. Either run with your existing roster the rest of the year or make the move because the next time you move your roster, everyone't allow you until, in fact you correct your roster. Yeah, and to think of how much time, especially with multiple leagues you'd have to spend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, and the integrity of the league goes way up because people some people would you know, just forget about, and some people would use it to their advantage. You know. It's like, you know, they'll keep them down until the commissioner finds out about it, then I'll move. You know, you have all kinds uh you know, kind of trying to play and game the system that way. But Fantrax, it's eliminated. It just works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just it's done. Yeah. And you know, between the player pool and everything else. Yeah, you know, you must be smiling every time you see a relatively obscure player added to a roster, knowing that with CBS you'd have to manually feed that through the system times five, six seven, with every number of leagues. Yeah, the time on those transactions that was horrendously on the time you had to spend.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. But now now everything is in there, everybody is in there. We've never had to manually request the play be at it. Sometimes they're too quick. I mean, sometimes they'll put in guys that are eligible the twenty twenty six you know draft, and so I mean that's i'd rather have that problem than can you add can you add a player? So it just works really well. I think the software works well. I think it's easy to use from a commissioner's standpoint. The web. I know people have complained about the mobile site. I think it's really good now, so that's really improved. But look, here's here's the deal. If you're interested, you want to sign up for fan Tracks, use the link fantracks dot com, slash Prospect three sixty one. Just sign up and we get credit for that, and you also tend to get put into a pool to get a sign Vlad Junior jersey to a new user. I don't know how it works. I don't know if it's just our guys. I don't know if it's everybody who's a new user to fan tracks. But they've got they've got a Lad Junior jersey out there they're going to give away to somebody, and hopefully it'll be one of our guys that that signs up. Yeah again, dot com, pantrucks, dot com, slash Prospect three sixty one.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, Timmy, let's move on here, my friend, let's uh, let's talk about Sasaki.
Speaker 2: Okay. I prefer just one glass. Once I get into the yeah, two and three, I get a little bit woozy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we talk about the important part of it here. Yes, the you had him going to the Padres. I gave you an option. You could have two guesses. You said, no, you're going, You're doubling down. You think it's all Padres. I went Padres and Dodgers. Yeah, so also gets he gets one there. So I need to review our free agent contest how it's going. I still think you're in the lead, but I cut it a little bit because I got Sasaki right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I I The problem that I had with is I just didn't see him signing on a team where he would be the third best player out of Japan. You know that was That was my big concern and the reason that I that I held out. And apparently the Jay's finished second again, they're doing rather well at that over the past few years. But I guess his willingness to play on a team of former NBB stars and I end up very very good team at that appears to be the deciding factor. I have to assume it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody wants to sign with the Dodgers. To me, it's just it's crazy. I mean, have you seen the rotation.
Speaker 2: Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. They will be able to use a six man rotation this year. Yeah, and they will, And I bet money they're going to go with it.
Speaker 1: I think they will. I think a lot of teams are gonna start going with six man rotations. But just to remind everybody, it is Blake Snow remember him, Timmy he signed in the offseason. Yeah, yes, he arguably top five stuff in the game. It is nasty, nasty stuff. Yamamoda number two starter, also number one stuff as well. Third guy Tyler Glasnow probably top five stuff in the game as well, can't stay healthy, also number one starter stuff. Tony Gonsolin was really good before he got hurt. Roki Sasaki there and then you got show Hey Otani there. I mean, it is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only rotation in baseball that has the potential I believe to match up to them would be Seattles. Nobody else is in the same ballpark.
Speaker 1: I'm not. Yeah, I mean the biggest problem with the Dodgers' rotation health. I mean, they've got flake snouts. Everybody will stay health healthy. Neither is Tyler Glasta. But then you got Dustin May that's still out there, and then you got all these young kids that are sitting in the minor. Emmit Shean is a good pitcher.
Speaker 2: Rib Ryan has got some skills when he comes back, right, he comes.
Speaker 1: Back, I mean em and should be back this season. I mean it's in Roblaski is a good pitcher. And those guys are simply going to be there to pitch innings when people get hurt. And it's just it's amazing what they've got their throwing out.
Speaker 2: There well, and you can you can bet your bottom dollar that it is going to happen. Is the pictures that we mentioned as being part of that regular rotation. Will they won't pitch a whole lot in September? Really? No? Yeah, you be looking at five inning wings every six. They might skip a turn in the rotation. They want those guys, they want those guys healthy for the playoffs. Kid Tyler Glasnow, yeah, they tried pushing it last year, right, he was up well over one hundred innings fairly early by his standards anyways, in the season and he just broke down. So why would they even attempt to throw glassnow for more than one hundred and twenty innings. Yeah, if he's had eighty eighty five innings as we head Intovember, right or even August, they'll just reduce the workloads so they have him healthy for the playoffs, right, and they'll be able to do it and get away with it.
Speaker 1: I know. It's it's absolutely insane, and I mean they're the odds on favorite. I think to repeat, they have to be. I mean, I mean they it might not happen, but they have to be the odds on favorite to be the best team in baseball. And I was just reading as we were coming on the air they signed also signed Tanner Scott. We'll talk about in a moment. They've got their over three hundred and seventy five million dollars, well above the threshold. They got so much money to Ford. We've talked that nausey about that. It's they're just playing a different game. I think Tim made the comment to me before we got on air, somebody's going to be really right or somebody's going to be really wrong, and it's either the Dodgers or rob Manford. Because the rules they're playing by a different set of rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are. And you know what, obviously they know what the bottom line is. They know what the penalties are, and they're prepared to pay him. And as long as there are teams out there willing to play within the framework work of the rules, okay and pay the penalties, there's nothing Major League Baseball can do about it.
Speaker 1: So Tim. At this time, Tim, on Friday after rookie Sosiety signed and it was an interesting Every team could have signed him right he was available for anybody to sign, and many teams had more money than the Dodgers had. But I always found it curious because the Dodgers were the only team not too really settle on a high end international player to sign. So it looked like they were set up and it had already been decided that the Dodgers were going to get a We're going to get Sasaki, and that's ultimately where he landed. But Tim says. Tim writes to me on January seventeenth, at twelve eleven in the afternoon, I'm just curious, and I can tell you when I get a note from the SIMP says, I'm just curious. I pay attention to it because of Jusuy a really good question. Can a team sign a player as an international signee and then turn around and offer him a ten year extension, say for two hundred and fifty million dollars with a fifty percent of it deferred? Tim, and I thought I was a really, really good question. And my response to Tim was, I don't believe so. But essentially, the Dodgers seemed to be pushing the rules and seem to be able to do everything they want. I would think this would be a bridge too far if they did that, But I don't know if I'd put it past them.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Well, I think in the spirit of the rules, I think Major League Baseball would have something to say about it. But at the same point in time, you see all the time players called up to the majors, okay and offered extensions to buy out their arbitration eligible years. Yeah, yeah, he had. What is to stop the Dodgers from saying, we're going to buy out his arbitration years because we think we can get a bargain, and we're going to offer him one hundred million to buy out those six years, Like there is nothing technically and legally, I don't I don't you know it's yeah, So I.
Speaker 1: Said there is I said, I don't believe. So there is nothing that would prevent them from doing that, except it would feel like it is sidestepping the rules that would say you you know that there's this he signed as a minor league free agent, and you know that's how we should be treated in Shoeyotani. The Angels did not try to do a similar deal with sho Heeyo Tani. Maybe he didn't want to sign that deal.
Speaker 2: I don't know, right, but you take a look at Evan Longoria. He signed an extension ten minutes before he got called up early by the Rais Jack.
Speaker 1: Jackson Cheria did last year eight years, eighty million dollars, and you know he was coming up.
Speaker 2: Well, exactly what's the difference between the Dodgers doing that with Sazaki versus the Brewers doing it with Cheerio.
Speaker 1: So I don't think there is anything technically. I didn't ask anybody, just didn't have time. I don't know if there's specific rules around Japanese players that they carved out or Asian players that come over in this unique situation. I don't know if the Major League Baseball's carved it out, But it would smell I would think if they did something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely it would. But other teams have done it with their young players, oh for sure, to buy out those arbitration years. So you know, I think the Dodgers have a very very good argument in their favor. How can the Brewers do it with Cheerio and the Dodgers be denied with Suzaki? I know, the whole problem could be solved by none of these None of these players coming over from Japan should be treated in that international pool. That's the gist of the whole problem right then and there, and Man removed it from twenty three to twenty five, creating a situation where these players are coming over now, some of the younger players, and they fall into this international pool, and they're pro players, they shouldn't be in. That is not the intent I believe of the international player signing process.
Speaker 1: But the fact that they move the age would imply that Major League Baseball teams then can't turn around and sign him to a ten year, two hundred and fifteen million dollar contract, because then then why do you put an age in there to begin with?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, let's say somebody likes the most recent signing. Okay, that whoever picks up. Okay. A good example said, say Oakland signed somebody in the international player draft and within a year, Okay, this kid is ready, he's good enough, he's ready to go, right, so they then offer him to buy out all of his arbitration for one hundred mil. Like it can It can happen with international players.
Speaker 1: It can't. I would think what the logic would be with in Major League Baseball is all of those international players that they're signing are sixteen seventeen years old. Nobody in their right mind when they're seventeen years sixteen seventeen years old would sign a player for eight years and eighty million dollars in Jackson, Cheria. You would have to prove yourself in the upper minor leagues to even make even do that. What's different here is rookie Sasaki has already proven himself in Japan, and if he would have waited another year, he would have been offered two hundred and fifty to three hundred million dollar contracts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, two years. I think it was two years, So yeah, he had two years. But again, why why is a pro player in Sazaki mixed in with the sixteen year old international player that does not That doesn't smell right.
Speaker 1: To me, and also would answer a question that's always nagged at me is why didn't Sasaki just wait another two years and then go for the big money. Maybe his agent said, ah, we'll get somebody to do exactly what Tim McCleod is suggesting. You'll play six months, Yeah, throw throw in half a season, look really good, and then all of a sudden the Dodgers come and say, yeah, this guy looks really good, let's buy out his arbitration. Blah blah blah, and all there.
Speaker 2: You go, Well, yeah, you know what they could They could probably put a stop to it if it happened tomorrow, But two years from now, could they put the stop to it when he's in heading into arbitration? I don't think they can at that point in time. And the two Yeah, hey, the only people who who would ever know is the Dodger owner, top executive and Sazaki and his age. Did you think anybody would say we made this arrangement two years ago. No, because it would it would not protect either side, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It would be a collusion. It would be an Atlanta Braves type of penalty where they would probably could not sign international players for quite a while. But to me, if I hear what you're saying, and I with you that it's it's a slippery slope here, and I wouldn't put anything past the Dodgers, I hope that the Dodgers do something like this in the next two years, that Major League Baseball comes and says you can't do that nullifies the contract or says, okay, you're doing that, and now we're going to eliminate all these crazy rules.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, something needs to be tidy up, and it actually needs to be tied up in Japan as well. You know, players coming over early there, you know there has there has to be some some changes to the rules in place, because they can't look at sazaki and treat them like an international player but then change the rules and treat them differently at some at some point in the future, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's totally agree because of it. So let's say so you said that the Toronto Blue Jays came and you know they were the runner round. Imagine how pissed they're going to be if he's he does this deal, right, It's it's like, wait a minute, we might have been able to outbid the Dodgers if you would have given a we never had that chance to do that. Then maybe behind the scenes they were all talking these long term contracts anyway, but you could publicly say, hey, we should have been given the opportunity, and I think they would be right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Jay's traded for Miles Straw and two million bucks worth of international money. They didn't make that deal for Miles Straw. Yeah, from what I can understand, the Jays have been working this for years, you know, in contact with his representatives, et cetera. They've been working really really hard to make this signing and it just evaporated into nothing overnight. And hey, thems the breaks. But at the same point in time, if the J's are probably sitting back saying, yeah, the Dodgers are going to find some way to extend him and we're going to get not only we get screwed on the first deal because we had the most money to offer, which had to an international sixteen year old. An extra two million bucks is two million bucks to a guy like Ruby Sazaki who's got money already. It's two million bucks as peanuts.
Speaker 1: Yep. I. So to answer the final exclamation mark on the question you gave me, I hope it. I hope that on April first they signed him to a large contract. And this thing just blows up in the media, blows up across baseball because something's not right this. It sounds like the rules just are not right. There's a lot of people who believe in agents that I talked to, and rightly so, that the drafts are really an illegal way to keep salary, you know, kind of pushed down that everybody really should be a free agent, be able to sign as much money as they want given the market. And I think it's definitely true with these EDU cases like Sasaki, who were already established and if you'd been two years older, he would have been signing a contract similar to Yamamoto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if a player is a pro player, he should not be eligible under any circumstances for the international draft, the international signing period, and those players was not set up to be able to handle circumstances like we saw with Roki Sazaki. Am we'll see in the future and something something's got to give my friend, Yes, it does, really does.
Speaker 1: And and the Dodgers. You know, Time's point is well taken. They are pushing the envelope big time. And you could definitely see this going down. Uh, and I hope it does because I love stuff like this. It's good to talk about. That's why we wanted very much somebody with long, stringy hair to go to the Yankees. I mean, it's like beard and it would refuse to shave. So but unfortunately we haven't had our wish granted there.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'll happen someday, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Just take a break, get back, and let's go through your second base rankings.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: The first time I have a dad joke for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like dad jokes, you know that.
Speaker 1: I know you do. Let me actually bring up the rankings here while i'm second base here. It is so so football football, since we're in the middle of the playoffs, which I actually watched the Lourie's a big Washington Commanders that's the old Washington Redskins, and we watched the game last night, Timmy. It was exciting. I really enjoyed that. So I get to watch another game next week because they won that game. But anyway, a young, a small college hired a football coach to lead the team. The team wasn't very good, so he was hard to lead their team. And when the guy was announcing and went to all the fanfares of being announced, he went to his office and he opened the drawer and he found three envelopes inside the drawer. One said open if after the first losing season. The second envelope said open after the second losing season. The third envelope said open after the third losing season. He thought that was weird, said okay, well, shoved them to the back of the drawer. First season comes and goes. Team didn't play well, tim so he said, man, it was tough season, and he was thinking about these three envelopes. So went and dug around the drawer found the one that said open after the first season. He opened it up and it was from the former coach who said, what you need to do was blame it on the former coach. That the former coach that was here, say that you're gonna do better, it'll all go well. So that's what he did. He went out to the microphone the next day and he blamed it on the former coach and the fans and the media all acknowledge that, and the guy had a chance to do it again. Second year comes and they unfortunately have another losing season. So he remembers these envelopes. Now he goes back and he pulls he opens the second one. He goes, blame it on the administration, is what the former coach says, They didn't support you. The fans in the media will buy that. Goes out the next day. Timmy blames it on the administration and the media and the fans are all good with him. Unfortunately, the third season comes to him and what is it, another losing season. The guy is very aware of this third envelope. He goes, all right, so he goes after the season opens, the desk opens the third envelope and it says, start creating three envelopes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of a lot of coaches and major and managers all have that thing going on. So Timmy, I'm going to give you major kudos on the second base rankings if if for no other reason, we have some differences in how they're going in the NFBC, so it's a little bit more fun to talk about. So well done there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took a look at some of the numbers and said, yeah, there won't be any problems discussing discussing second base and coming up with the it's not it's not shocked the NFBC, not by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 1: The top is and we'll get into that in a moment. But Timmy, why don't you tell us and share with us how you are handling second base, you personally, how you're going to handle second base this season?
Speaker 2: Well, I think when you look, I think it's a very light top end, okay, ing that you've got basically, you know, kateel Marte at the head of the class and L Twove, Ozzie Alby's and Marcus Semi and following following in the top one hundred that after that, there's a host of options that all seem to fall into basically good but not great. And I'm I'm looking at the mid tier. That's that's where I'm coming from when it comes to second base. You know, when you start looking at you know, L two V in the third, fourth round and Ozzy Alby's fourth fifth, I'm I'm gonna pass there, and I'm gonna I'm gonna look at trying to add either pitching, first base or outfield, okay, into into those rounds where you're top tier of second base are going and I'm gonna pick from the mid tier. And there's a host of names that all offer you know, solid that not great players, but you can more than get by. There's a I'm just trying to think of the right way of putting it. There's an abundance of average type players, then you can pick and choose from them.
Speaker 1: I think there's some really good players late. I agree with you. And for those Patreon members who've read my draft targets, and I encourage everybody, go out Patreon patr o in dot com formar s Prospect three sixty one. You not only get my targets, you get expanded coverage of Tim's rankings. So it's thank you very much. Yeah, it's so really good stuff out there. But I I analyzed second base and I kind of came to that conclusion as well. I love Katel Marte, but after that, I'm waiting. I'm not gonna look. I have a statue, as everybody knows, of Josey Altuve and Brandon Belt playing catch in my front lawn. Right I mean, I do so I love Jose Altuve, it is no longer the same He is not the same guy anymore. The power bat speed is down, the eggs velocities are down out Ossie Albi's started that last season, it's continuing this year, so he's not the same guy either, even though he's not all that old. Speed has really ticked down on both of those guys. I don't get it. I don't know how. I don't know how Jose al Tuovey is still doing what he's doing. I mean, the data says he can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, if they fall far enough, they'll have my attention for sure. But I haven't. I haven't seen that occurring. And again, you know, Marcus Semians don't spring chicken either.
Speaker 1: Nope, you know so.
Speaker 2: I think I think as a player, when trying to structure structure your team, I think you're wiser looking at other options where Ltov and Ossy Alby's and markers where they're currently falling. I think in your overall team construction, you can do much better by leaving them there and heading in another direction and then working off the players from round eight through to round fourteen. Uh, in your draft and filling in, filling in your second base position. From that range of players, I think the overall is weak.
Speaker 1: I'm in violent I'm in violent agreement. I totally totally back up what you're saying, and the data really backs up that as well. And I just want to warn everybody be really careful with jose Al TV and Ozzy Albi's do not overdraft those guys. I mean, they could still perform very very well, but there's creeks, and particularly with Josel Tuv's case, some big creeks that are starting to form there well.
Speaker 2: And you got to look at Ozzie Alby's only been healthy two in the past four seasons. Those two seasons have been very very good, but the other two you wouldn't have been happy having him on your team those two years.
Speaker 1: No anything more to say about Catel Marte, jose Al two, the ASI Ali's Marcus Simmi, they're one through four is exactly where they're going in the NFBC.
Speaker 2: H The only thing I've part of my narrative on kJ Al Marte man he had a year last year. You know, he bested his peers by thirteen home runs twenty one RBIs and finished the season the only player at second base to top both the eight hundred and nine hundred OPS numbers. Yeah, kJ al Marte is in a league onto himself at second base right now. Amazing year it is.
Speaker 1: And you know he was one of those guys to me for a while was a big home run year, poor home run year. But he's he physically got bigger a few years ago. And that's carry fort. He is thirty one years old. But average eggs of velossi ninety eight percentile hard hit rates in ninety six percentile bat speed seventy eight. I mean the square up rate, which is getting maximum effect of your leverage and your bat speeds at seventy eighty excuse me, eighty nine percent. This is tremendous eighty fifth percent on walk rate seventy second. And there's few a few players in Baseball's Baseball Savant page look as good as his does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know there is but one of them. And you said he's in a league all to himself at second base, he really is.
Speaker 1: Yep. Now the speed is gone, so it's you know, five to ten stolen basis. But I mean, this is a guy that's hitting the ball, hitting it well, and man it's impressive.
Speaker 2: Y yep, very much. So.
Speaker 1: Jordan Westberg at number five. You start to get interested in Jordan Westburg.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's a twenty five eighty five RBI season in his future, and I think it could be as early as this year.
Speaker 1: Plus he's also at third base too, is and that that that helps?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So sixty seven games at third base last year, Yeah, that's that's a plus definitely.
Speaker 1: So any okay, so those are our top five. So let's go to the next group here. Why am okay, I'm sorry. Next one, you love yourself some. Bryce Terrang at six, Luis Garcia Junior, who, amazingly his ADP rank this year is one twenty point five to nine. Last year was five ninety three. Good on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, even look at Terrang, he's up three hundred spots of the eight.
Speaker 1: That is true. Matt McClain, who dropped a little bit because he was hurt. M cal Garcia, congratulations pushing him up there, Tim seven spots, way to go. And Jackson Holliday up seven spots. Timmy loves himself some mcl garcia and Jackson Holly. But let's talk Bryce terrang up two slots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, when you when when you finished third dollar baseball with fifty two stolen bases, that counts. You know, the power is limited. But he broke out last year, had a great year, and if you're looking at controlling the stolen base market, fifty of them gives you. Gives you a pretty good start at that, doesn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he'll do fifty again. But I mean there's no power, their speed he can hit, that's just who the player is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think if I was going to set a floor on terrain, I would say it probably at forty.
Speaker 1: Ninety four percent Island sprint speed. He looks like the Brewers love running him. I think that's reasonable.
Speaker 2: Was she?
Speaker 1: I wish she hit at the top of the lineup more, but he just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's again, that's why if he had fifteen homers to go along with those stole in bases, he'd probably be the number two ranked second basement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's no power. I mean there's none. It's no average ex velocity, fourteenth percentile bat speed, second percent time. He's a double hitter. That's where this guy is, but he can hit and he's got speed. There is no question, yes, Lewis Garcia Junior, anything more to say about him after his tremendous.
Speaker 2: Season twenty four years old and he fell to Homer short of a twenty twenty season. That's impressive and I'm warranting of a top ten placing in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Agreed, coming in at number eight is Matt McClain. Down two slots, but I still think you like Matt McClain.
Speaker 2: I do like Matt McClain. And when you look at this this top ten, if he stays healthy and I think there's a potential for a twenty five to twenty five type season, I wouldn't be at all shocked if he stays healthy and performance to the levels I think he can perform. Too that he's your number two ranked second basement next year, but he's got to do it and he hasn't so you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Also got to stay at second base. And you know there's been a lot as we talked at nauseum about the Cincinnati Reds. They're collecting infielders, so somebody's not gonna play in the infield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. They're talking about moving him to the outfield. But again, Matt McLean's got a lot of talent, a lot of skills. He's got to stay on the field and get it done.
Speaker 1: Look, I talked big up mckel garcia last year. He kind of broke my heart a little bit with his lack of walks, just chases everything. But the stolen bases were there. I still think there's more power. What say you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all he all he needs is more than a half dozen more home runs to go along with the high thirty stolen bases. And yeah, yeah, he's got the potential to be a top five second basement. He needs he needs to.
Speaker 1: Walk more than once a week though, I mean he otherwise he's gonna be hitting at the bottom of the lineup and that's not good for anybody.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he's no Sedan Rafael, but some improvement would be nice. Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: And it's also good that he's he's eligible both at second and third base. It's good good defender as well. I mcal Garcia is still very young. So if you're like me and you're you're a big fan, and you're you're potentially going to be commissioning you know, another statue in the you know, the play joining the Catch with Jose altuv and and and the Brandon Belt. I think if you're at that level with macl Garcia, I just realized he's terribly young.
Speaker 2: Still, well yeah, and you know, you look, I've got them seven spots up on the NFBC. Who's got them at sixteen? Okay? But when I look at you know, the NFVC has Renifo ahead of him, Bryson Stadt, m and A is at twelve, Nico Horner. I think all those guys have established floors. We know who they are, okay, and they're fine players. But I'm gonna take my Michael Garcia ahead of Bryson Stott and Andrea's m and is a negro every day of the week. It's not even a close decision for me, because I think we haven't seen the peak of Michael Garcia, but I think we know very well with Bryson Stott Andres m and As are as players. They're not bad players. But when in doubt, I'm always going to bump up players that I believe have more potential than what we've seen, and Garcia falls into that category for me.
Speaker 1: Inspect the batting average is two sixty. So there's definitely some upside in that two thirty one batting average you put together, which will help his on base percentage a little bit. But he really does need to needs to tone down the aggressive event at the plate. And we got Jackson how Holady coming in at number ten, and we both love Jackson Holiday.
Speaker 2: This year, well, you know, he struggled badly in that first goal workout. There's no way to deny it. He was terrible, but he went yeah, but he went back to Triple A and did everything that got him the invite in the first place, right, and you look at the numbers he produced in Triple A. I believe the upside sky high, and I think I think it's going to be good enough this year that I've moved him to the number ten spot.
Speaker 1: I went, I'm right there with you, Timmy. I mean I got him and you both we both have him in our early drafts this season, and look, it might not work out, but the data looks good on this guy. He's fast, he hits the ball harder than you think. I think there's something here with this kid, and I refuse to believe he's going to be a washup. Twenty one years old. Remember that, everybody, he's twenty he's a baby, he's twenty one years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again he's another player that I believe, you know, along with McLain and Garcia, that can move rapidly up the charts this season if he produces even to fIF sixty percent of what I believe he's capable of doing. So yeah, we're all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we take a break, I will say that second base, I always ask you the question, who not in the top ten has chance to be in the top ten. I think we're going to see this year could see a big flip flop of guys at the top, with the alto V's and Ossi Albi's and Marcusimion dropping in, the Garcia's, McClain's and Holidays moving up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to continue doing this podcast, so I'll leave l to me in the top five, but everybody else is fair game. Oh is that rich?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's true to me. Let's take a break, it back and let's continue on with the list. Good stuff too. One thing I wanted to do, let's see, yeah, is I wanted to take a moment and tell you what the last picks in my dinings and my NFBC draft and holds war. Would you like to hear that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Cool.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do that the first segment and forgot to. So let me just bring up the draft board that the draft is over. Took exactly three weeks, which was a lot of fun. Yeah, that's yeah, it's a good pace. I made at least two picks every day, which is you can't ask for more than that, and so it was fun. Let's see so again, I was picking in the thirteenth slot. I'll just give you thirty through fifty. I think I mentioned Kyle TiAl and Nariel Rodriguez at twenty nine and thirty. Then I went Jose Cantanna, which you know, I think he's going to get a job at thirty one. You need, you need pitching in these NFC drafting holes. Then I went for three young kids in a row, Nick Kurtz, Chandler Simpson, and terso or Neelius.
Speaker 2: There we go. You could I like it. I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: I think I think we see Nick Nick Kurtz this year, Chandler Simpsons, who knows, but if he comes up its instant stolen bases and you need wild cards like that in this particular format. In terso anielas last I looked to me he still got the job. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: And I think he hit twenty three home runs last year at Triple A with ninety some odd RBIs with a good batting average. Yeah. Hey, if he's got I don't see how the podres right now can't have him in that everyday lineup.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I mean there's still i'm as sending some some low level one year signs that are out there that maybe they they bring in. But I'm betting in the thirty fourth round he gets a shot coming in number thirty five. Got another boring pitcher, Michael Lorenzen. He's not that good, but you need those guys. I dip back into the Tyler Black.
Speaker 2: World.
Speaker 1: I got him in the thirty sixth round, follow up by Brian Ramos, who Mike get a shot in the White Sox at thirty seven. Then I come back to the Star. Yeah, you know. Then I come back in the thirty eighth round. Remember Tristan McKenzie. Tristan McKenzie in the thirty eighth round. I thought that was pretty interesting. Cayden Dannon I was, I think he should go a lot higher as one of my targets, and I grabbed him in the thirty ninth round, the fortieth round. My buddy's Zach Veen at forty and at number forty one, I thought this was criminal that Chris Bryant was in the forty first round. Look, he might be nothing, but in a draft and hold league, I'm willing to take a game on the f forty first round.
Speaker 2: If he's healthy and has a hot two weeks, get him going.
Speaker 1: Then I wanted to bet on the Colorado Rockies bullpen somehow, some way, but I went Victor Vodnik because we'll see what happens there. I cornered the market with my forty forty third pick with the Chicago White Sox, catching I already had. I only had Kyle Teal, so I went Corey Lee. So I'm thinking for Lee starts and then I get Kyle Teal to back him up. Another picture that I like a lot is Carson wisen Hunt with the San Francisco Giants. I got him in the forty fifth round or forty fourth round. Use forty fifth round. My buddy, your buddy, Travis Bazana, coming into the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 2: Yep, there you go.
Speaker 1: Then I got Mitch Spence with the Athletics. I think he's going to get some starts there. Who knows about that. Aj Minterter, I know he's a set up guy and now in the Mets. But it's a good picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a good picture. Hey, if you don't you need pitching. It doesn't matter how many you draft. By the time you get to August, you're going to be one light, aren't you. It's just the way it works.
Speaker 1: Then, uh, you know it was it was going to be pedro Leone or this guy as my who the hell knows? And I went with not pedro Leone. I went with Jacob Marcy. I said I was going to take him at the end of the draft. I took him with a forty eighth pick. Came back with jose Leclerk and Robbie Snelling to wind it up. So, uh, Snelling down.
Speaker 2: You might get something out of you might get something under the clerk in Oakland. I thought, so, yeah, Miller, there's no guarantees he's going to be healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to get hurt. So exactly what I was thinking the same thing with aj Mentor. I mean, look, you know, maybe Edwin Diaz pulls a hammy and is out for three or four weeks and I get six or seven save opportunities.
Speaker 2: So yeah, good for you. That's that's a great way to finish up. I'm just gonna give you. I made my last two picks in the second draft I was in, and I think you'll like these two. I went with Thomas Harrington, Oh okay, and yes, and Baldwin. I think Harrington's gonna I think all the love that Bubba Chandler is getting Thomas Harrington might get the results this year.
Speaker 1: And you went Drake Baldwin as your last pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we drafted the doubling down on braves catching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you double down a braves pat catching, which I prefer overrom doubling down the White Sox catching. But it is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is. Hopefully between the two of us we get one good one out of the two.
Speaker 1: Right again, I would rather double down braves catching, but I have a White Sox. What can I say? So that is our top ten. We review the Tompson in second base to me, let's go a lot through twenty. I'll read the names out and we'll talk about him. Luis Rahifo at eleven, Jake Cronenworth at twelve, up twelve spots, well done, Bryson Stott at thirteen, Colt Keith up six spots at number fourteen, Andres Zeminez at fifteen. Let's stop there. Jake Cronenworth will why up twelve spots?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you take a look at Jake Jake cronin Worth. Oh, I'll just be a second here. I hate pop ups. Did I ever mention that? There we go? Oh, I'm on I'm on roder Wires page and I got an advertisement?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: When you look at Croninworth, Okay, go back to twenty. Yeah, he's kind of boring. But if you take a look at twenty twenty one, twenty one homers, seventy one RBIs twenty two, seventeen eighty eight, twenty three not a good year, ten forty eight, twenty four, seventeen eighty three. So he's best at seventeen homers and three of the last four years. Okay, we've seen eighty RBIs plus in two of those years. And the batting averages, yeah, two thirty nine two forty somewhere in that range perfectly boring. But where do you find the eighty RBIs at second base? Jake Cronerworth. I I sort of get why he's down a little bit, but I think he's a pretty safe play to produce some decent RBI numbers and home run numbers for you, and he's gonna play.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He also has dual eligibility, which also helps. So ah, I think when you get past oh, we'll say pick ten or so okay. A lot of these players like Grenefo and Cronerworth and Stott, Keith and Himnez, they're certa of interchangeable. You need spate speed, while Stott and Jiminez power. You can look at cold Keith in the upside. Cronin Worth is just boring old Jake Croninworth and he gets it done. So I've moved him up because of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jake Croniworth was a guy that I mentioned in my targets as look, he's boring, but I think Tim is absolutely right if you're looking for a little bit more power and RBIs, it's a guy that is not a terrible pick for your second base. I like it. Nicole Keith. You've also moved up six lots. Tell us why.
Speaker 2: Well, because he didn't his first home run last year until May twenty fourth, I believe it. I believe it was June first was the day that he finally got is ops over six hundred. He didn't get out of the gate very strong. But all I have to do is take a look at what he did at double and TRIPAA in twenty twenty three, and I believe the best is yet to come. It's going to be at first base according to the Tigers, but I think there's a lot more potential there than people are giving him credit for. And I like cold Keith a lot. I think he gives you the potential for twenty five plus home runs.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather own this season? Colt Keith or oh, just the name just escaped me. The first baseman with the Cubs, Michael Bush, Cole Keith, Yeah, I think so too. Yeah. Coming at number fifteen as Andre z Eeminez, down three spots from where the NFBC has Why why why the lower.
Speaker 2: Ranking because I've got Cole Keith and j Cronenworth up higher. In a nutshell, if you're looking for speed, im and as We'll give you that speed, but there's no power, okay, And I think you can find speed at second base in a lot of different areas, okay, So I'm going to give the power edge and the RBI potential a bit of a bump up in this range. And that's exactly where the did. I'm not down on him, and as I just you know, i'd rather look at the RBI totals from Kronerworth Keith.
Speaker 1: I'm down on Zeminez when I mentioned it when he was moved to Toronto. I think he's overpaid. I don't think he's that good. He's he's got speed and nothing else. So the guys like that have a tendency to kind of flame out. I think we're starting to see that with m ands Well.
Speaker 2: And that's why I've got Bryson stud up a few spots, because at least there's some power with Stuck.
Speaker 1: And does not hit the ball hard at all. I mean, there's no power there, and yeah, you know, in the end, you need power because that's that's how you have a higher batting average. Balls in play by hitting the ballhard so it gets to the infield for hard or so, and speed fades so just be careful. Everybody's he's a good defender, so it's going to get a chance to play. But man, offensively, I don't know. Yeah, it's through sixteen through twenty. Nico Horner at sixteen, Zach Goeloff at seventeen, Jonathan Indy up five slots. I love that at number eighteen, s Rise for Lewis A Rise is down six and glabor Torres down five. Let's start with glabor Tourus. It's glabor Tourists him.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, it's glaber Taurus. It's about where I think you should be after that twenty twenty three season. Uh yeah, hey, he's got to he's got to find a way to bounce back to twenty two and twenty three. I'm not convinced it's gonna happen in Detroit. So yeah, I'm not overly bullish on Glabra Taurus at at all. I you know, when I when I look at what cronin Worth and Keith Offer, okay, and possibly Jonathan India, Yeah, I'm I'm very happy to look at those three players if I'm looking for power and is glabor tor Is going to hit in the leadofs But where's he going to hit in Detroit? It's a little bit of a mess. So yeah, I'm just not bullish on Glabor Turus.
Speaker 1: So if I go back on the way back machine, and I could have this scenario wrong. But Tim in one of our dynasty leagues, made a really nice trade I'm gonna say four or five years ago, maybe longer, where he traded Michael Trout for Juan Soto and Glabor Torres. Is Glabor Torres the right second player?
Speaker 2: Yes? And Tristan McKenzie was the third.
Speaker 1: Oh was it Tristan McCaw gret. Wow. Yeah. So obviously it was a great trade regardless of anything. But would you trade it for Labor Torres back five years ago? Did you expect more out of Labor Torres than you ultimately got?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did too. I think that's the right answer. He just well, it's been good but not great.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if I'm not mistaken, when we made that deal, Torres was coming off that big. It was either as I think it was his second year. He's now twenty eight. The data is LORNI Yeah, yeah, I think when we acquired him it was after the twenty four seventy seven rookie season, and then he went to thirty eight ninety and Ecstasy was ruling the roost. You know, thirty eight homers. After that we saw three nine in the short season and twenty four to twenty five seventy six sixty, which is fine. But fifteen home run sixty three RBIs and a two fifty seven average, that's not. No, we weren't expecting twenty twenty four. Now, granted we had three really good years, but I just you know, his strike up straight. Struck out one hundred and thirty six times last year. Okay, the prior year to that, he struck out ninety eight times, and he was doing some flailing last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm looking at the data now, and I mean, it's it's it's he's a good player. It's just I thought there'd be more. I mean, the average ex of a lost and heart ed rates are twenty three percentile forty percentile. There's no speed. The speed is just just apeared. He controls the strikes un fairly well, but at twenty eight years old, I would have thought the speed would have stayed intact or we would have seen a power purst and they both have turned the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have. And you know, you go back to twenty nineteen and you look at that. You know, as a twenty two year old, thirty eight homers ninety RBIs okay to seventy eight average, and he scored ninety six runs. That's an impressive season. He hasn't come anywhere close to that since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that twenty two season, his average ex of vlassi was seventy six percent of hard rates, seventy seven percentile. And then this year, what did I say, like twenty three, I mean he's just dropped off and twenty eight that doesn't make any sense, which then you begin to wonder if he's really twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, but I'm not betting on real good things from Torres. I think he'll be an okay, second basement. But there's a lot of guys that I would prefer to have on my team than glabor Taurus.
Speaker 1: Yep, for sure, take another break, Timmy come back and let's start popping around these uh after twenty here, we've got twenty one. We've got Brandon Uh, Brandon Lao, it's Brandon lau right.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, it's it's low. Yeah. The other one's low.
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna skip twenty two for a moment. Come back to that. Uh Brendon Donovan at twenty three, Jose Cavalerio at twenty four, Hassan Kim at twenty five. Is that that's Hassan? Is that Hayson? That's a doctor kid?
Speaker 2: That's that's a Dodger kid.
Speaker 1: Yes, Spencer Horowitz, that's uh at twenty six. Uh, Thyrus Astrati at twenty seven, Otto Lopez a twenty eight, Willy Willie Castro at twenty nine, and Dylan Moore thirty like Dylan Moore for drafting Wold leagues. But at number twenty two is Xander Bogarts.
Speaker 2: I hate I hate me some Bullgarts, don't I?
Speaker 1: He is thirty, He is going ninth overall in the NFBC, and Tim has him at twenty second. Explain yourself, McLeod.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I think a lot of people are are betting on the Xander Bogarts from twenty nineteen and not the one that we've seen since. Okay, since twenty nineteen when he had that big season in Boston, had thirty three home runs, runs, drove in one hundred and seventeen follow that up with an eleven home run season, a twenty three home run season fifteen nineteen, and last year eleven home runs, forty four RBIs two sixty. The batting average has gone from the three hundreds down to two sixty four, trending down from the priory to eighty five. And I think if you're looking at Xander Bulgarts, we're talking about a player who hasn't hit twenty home runs but once in the past five years. He hasn't bested eighty RBIs in the past five years. He had a high of nineteen stolen bases going back two years ago. I just don't get it. I don't see Xander Bogarts as a strong option at second base, and I think the numbers back me up on it. So hey, if you're hoping for the glory days of twenty nineteen, I'm no, they're gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the power looks like it's gone twenty eight percent on on bat speed, hard at rate sixteenth percentime Again, little injured last year, so you give them a little bit of a passer. But go back to twenty three, he wasn't showing any power. The power was even worse than twenty three.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and look at twenty two fifteen home runs. Yeah yeah, It's the only thing I can I can say or see when I look at this is people are betting that at some point in time he'll have another big year, and I'm not. I'm not gonna play that game with thirty two thirty two now, Yeah, yeah, I'm not playing that game with Bullgerts.
Speaker 1: His sprint speeds tommytics statistically or higher now than his hard hit rates and exit VELOSSI. So he's more of a stolen stolen base threat than he is a home run guy.
Speaker 2: Scary, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's not what we thought Xander Bargertz was gonna be. He's really tailed off again. Thirty two makes you wonder, you know, maybe an old thirty two so interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like I'm I might get chastised for making the move, but I just don't see. Yeah, I just don't see how you're gonna rank him higher, At least I can't.
Speaker 1: Jose Cavalerio at twenty four in Bryce Bryce Terrang at six. What's the big difference between the two players?
Speaker 2: Bryce Terrang is going to play every day. Josey Cavallero is a super sub We don't know when he's gonna play. He has no position, he's not listed in the starting lineup, and he's not part of the starting lineup. He played eighty eight games short, thirty seven at third. I can't remember how many at second base. But he's all over the place, and again, there's not much power sitting there. It's all in the speed. The big difference for me is I feel certain that terrag is going to get in if l six hundred at bats. I don't feel the same way about Cavallero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's disappointing because you're but he's got the speed, obviously no power, can hit a little bit. But Taylor Walls is the better defender at short. That's why he's gonna play there. I think ultimately that's when Carson Williams gets a chance there at second base, Brandon Low he's not gonna get an opportunity there, and third basis Junior Caminario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's gonna own that position until his last year arbitration.
Speaker 1: Junior Junior Caminario and Jose Cavalerio say that three times fast might be the polar opposite of players.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, they are yeah, ne Doute.
Speaker 1: All right, gim me give me your love here for hay Son Kim.
Speaker 2: I'm right, I'll put it real simple. Uh, the Dodgers believe the Dodgers are a good team. They moved on from Gavin Lucks. Uh, that's enough for me to want to put Kim in the top thirty. I think the speed's real. I think he's got the hit tool of solid and the glove is excellent. So if the Dodgers, if it's good enough for the Dodgers, it's good enough for Tim zero yeah, point zero.
Speaker 1: Just letting the zero point zero, So I didn't want to know.
Speaker 2: I can't hear it, but I know it's there.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to make sure it got out there with nobody.
Speaker 2: I'm sort of assuming there was a zero zero in there somewhere.
Speaker 1: I appreciate everything he said about Kim. I agree with you with the Dodgers believe. It's hard for people not to believe. But we'll see what happens. And the fact that they move Gavin Lux so I still think is gonna be a pretty good player. And I think they do believe.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if they didn't, they'd still have Lucks, right that is correct.
Speaker 1: Thyrou Estrada, he's the guy that people seem to really like this season as the dark horse because he's got full time opportunity in Colorado. I think they moved on from Brendan Rodgers. I kind of went under the raidar. I don't think we even talked about that, that they defeated Brendan Rodgers. The last I looked he doesn't have a job, But Thiro Estrada looks like he's going to be your second baseman. Colorado should get an uptick and performance. Blah blah blah blah blah. You like him a little bit better than where he's going. Are you in agreement with that or what do you think Estrada provides a season?
Speaker 2: Well, the thing that concerns me in a big way with a strata is if you look at twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three, they are mirror images of so, you know, fourteen homers in both years twenty one and twenty three, stolen bases, okay, the batting average two sixty two, seventy one three, twenty two, three fifteen. Basically we heading into last year, we saw a guy that's gonna hit fourteen fifteen home runs, drive in fifty sixty, and steal twenty low twenties in the basis and last year, for whatever reason, he ended up in the minors. He only played half a season. He had nine home runs, he stole two bases, Like, how do you go from twenty one to twenty three to two? Like, it's just yeah, he's moving to a good, a good opportunity in Colorado. I'm going to bet on a somewhat of a bout it's back. I don't think I'm it's not like I'm all in, but it has to be better than last year. Yeah, especially after seeing two very consistent seasons prior to that. So I'm in, but I'm not all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think that's fair. I mean, I just know he's a sexy pick this year.
Speaker 2: He definitely definitely is. He's moved to Colorado, He's gonna have forty home runs to steal sixty bases.
Speaker 1: Right number thirty, Yeah, number thirty. I just gonna highlight as a great draft and hoole pick. I wish I would have got him. I didn't. But Dylan Moore plays everywhere. Yeah, it doesn't hit for anything, but he plays everywhere. It has to be not much pop, but he's he can help you tim in deeper leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you know, even when you start looking at fifteen team leagues, a guy like Dylan Moore on your bench, okay, gives you coverage it basically every position in the field other than catcher, and that counts. In last year ten home runs, he scored fifty three the batting averages, no hack, but thirty two stolen basins. He actually had his highest his highest plate appearances last year at four forty one, playing all over the boys. But he's a guy that I think you can punt pencil in for five to ten home runs. Okay, he'll score a few for you, and he'll steal twenty bases And I'll take that sitting on my bench even in fifteen team leagues.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, to mean, let's pop around the rest of them, shall we.
Speaker 2: Sure there's some fun ones in here.
Speaker 1: Christopher Morel going as a twenty fifth second base so you got him at thirty two. He's now with Tampa Bay. For those who don't remember, he does have third base eligibility. It's a piece. Home runs are bust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it it's home runs are bust. And in Tampa Bay, they won't take that much bust before he's in a platoon situation, and I'm trying to avoid platoon players. So I've got Morrell ranked a little bit lower Christian Campbell.
Speaker 1: You haven't a thirty four, He's gone at twenty seven. I know you like Christian Campbell a lot? Is he? Is he going a little too early as the three hundred and sixty first player off the board? Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, hey, the hype, the hype has caught up to Christian Campbell and people are bumping them up. There is a chance that he breaks Camp. I don't think it's going to happen. I think they want to give von Grissom another look, and possibly David Hamilton. I think Campbell I would love to see him break Camp, but I don't think it's going to happen. I think we'll see him a month into the season. Then there's a lot of hype. You know, he was everybody's consensus number one minor league player last year.
Speaker 1: It wasn't mine, but yeah he was tough three yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, there's a lot of hype there, and I think the hype is driving his value up a little bit too. If he doesn't have a job for the first six weeks of the season, that's not helping you out much, is it.
Speaker 1: Wan Brido interesting up twenty three slots and Travis Bizzana up eighteen slots. Why Jan Brito so high?
Speaker 2: Well, according to what I'm looking at, he's got a job and that helps.
Speaker 1: What do you mean he's got a job?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's got a full time job. Really, yes, I believe he does. Unless I'm missing something here. Yes, he is your full time second basement for the Cleveland Guardians, hitting in the seventh spot.
Speaker 1: So I would have thought it was Gabriel Arias, but maybe not. Maybe he's the utility guy. Yeah, I missed that one. I if Jan Brito's at second base, expect a long term deal signed by Bazana coming into the season. I think you. I mean, I do like Juan Brito. He is a Cleveland Guardians type of player. I mean, he's a five floor guy. But boy, I really think that that opens it up a little bit for Travis Bizan. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I just thought anybody that has a job, okay and tentatively a full time job, should be in that thirty to forty range for the most part, and right now I think people might be sleeping a little bit on Wan Brito. Only time will tell, but I think he deserves a better ranking than fifty ninth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about him. We did our Cleveland breakdown and then the American League Central and I like him in twenty three und runs excuse the twenty one home runs last season, thirteen stolen basis really good contact. I mean, it's a solid player. Grew up in a Colorado Rocky system. Quicktim who was he traded for Chris Bryant, Nolan Jones?
Speaker 2: Nolan?
Speaker 1: He was the straight up player Dolan Jones for for jan Brito. So good call by the great Tim McCleod pushing him up. Let's see here, Jory Mateo twenty one slots above. Let me ask you a question, I mean wore Mitteo obviously, is I think we'll run into a utility slot unless yep, our buddy Jackson holiday? What's the bed?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm what what? What?
Speaker 1: What day? Does what day? Do the Orioles change the sheets?
Speaker 2: Well? One of the problems with Matteo is uh he had UCL reconstruction on his non grants is non throwing at elbow. But when you look at at Mateo, you look at twenty two, okay, he stole thirty five bases. You look at twenty three thirty two. Last year he was hurt, dinged up, he only stole thirteen bases. I see hory Gey Matteo as a twenty plus stolen based type guy, even playing in a reduced role.
Speaker 1: So well that that's not my question. Well, I think we all know who Horry Matteo is. R gat guy, really good defender, right, he's if Jackson Holiday doesn't play, well, they're gonna give it to Horry Miteo. Maybe they bring in Kobe Mayo. What when? When are the Orioles gonna? When? Should we? You and I worry that Jackson Holiday might get demotive?
Speaker 2: We shouldn't really. Wow, Yeah, I've gotten I've got Mateo at forty one because I said, I think even in a super utility role.
Speaker 1: So you don't think they're start You have no worry about Jackson Holiday, that's my question. You got Jackson ally at ten. You have no worry that Jackson Holiday is going to be demoted? Get off the snides quietly, you know, poorly, you're all.
Speaker 2: In I am all in. If he doesn't break camp with Baltimore and Stick, I'm.
Speaker 1: Willing to answer my question, what date do we worry If he's got a one ninety batting average.
Speaker 2: If he's got one ninety batting average with date, do we worry me? First?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I'm ala Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all in. I feel confident that he has the stuff that this time around he's gonna it's gonna work. So Mateo for me, isn't the He's not the answer. He's just twenty plus stolen bases if healthy.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that fifty two with me. Rfield doesn't have a job yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the game of musical Chairs, you would think he should. He's a perfect late inning replacement defensive. Yeah, i'd provide, Yeah, hey you need to stolen base in the ninth inning. Drag went off the bench and away you go. So yeah, I started like I started, like with Merrifield in a draft and hold I do too, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to grab him, but I just liked other players, but I considered him. I'm like, it doesn't have a job. I can't believe he's going to announce his retirement. I mean that would seem strange to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would see strange. Seems strange to me as well.
Speaker 1: Christian Moore coming in at sixty two the story is drafted as the number one pick by the Angels. The Angels have a history of quickly moving their number one draft picks through the system. Kristan Moore got hurt a little bit in August, but prior to that looked really good. Do we see Christian Moore in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Based on the team that he's playing for. The odds are good, Yes, that's why I have him listed. He's down a little bit as to NFBC, But once you get past pick forty and you know forty five, they're all a roll of the dice, they really are.
Speaker 1: Or Elvis Martinez I think that's a good call from you at the fifty first. So who provides more value in twenty twenty five of dal Amador at fifty or Elvis Martinez at fifty one, Nick York at fifty three or Christian Moore? I know you have him ranked a certain ways, it's just don't give me the rankings. If everything went the right way, who do you think has a chance to potentially blow up out of all four of those guys given the opportunity, skill level, et cetera. Martinez, Okay, do you think the opportunity is going to be there?
Speaker 2: Think it could be, It should be. The Jase team is terrible. You look at you look at their lineup and once you take once you get past you know, Springer is okay, I guess, and Vlatty once you get past Lattie, they ain't much there. I think they've got Kirk keating in the cleanup spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that true?
Speaker 2: He said? He said, I think they're going to slotted into the fourth spot in the line up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's ugly.
Speaker 1: Richard Julianne just it looks like he might be buried had.
Speaker 2: A shot didn't happen. Hey, I still have them listed along with Videl, Brujon, et cetera, et cetera. But I'm not holding out hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, courtis me just broke my heart just unfortunately not developed, Timmy. It's take another break, come back. I got the hard questions for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, really well, such a great job at this It's a it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Thanks, rich I appreciate I appreciate the kind words. I try and put put a little extra thought into everything.
Speaker 1: That's it definitely shows, all right, which which player not in the top ten? Yes, scoots into the top ten? This at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You put a lot of you put a lot of guys you already put into the top ten.
Speaker 2: Cole Keat, Yeah, that's that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: And who drops out?
Speaker 2: Who drops out? Marcus Semi, I.
Speaker 1: Was hoping you'd pick one of the big threes.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, they're they're all pretty close. Josey L. Tuove if one of these years will be that year, I don't think it's next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's the trends is pointing down. But Marcus Simeon, he had a really good what is it twenty twenty two? Is that what it was? But I mean he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's second base, doesn't seem to age real well, and he's he's yeah, he's heading into his age thirty five season, and you know he had he had an okay year last year, hunder one rooms score, twenty three home or seventy four RBIs. But when you look and go back to the two years prior to that, Yeah, the numbers were definitely, definitely down. And you know his batting average at two thirty seven on seven hundred and eighteen plate appearances. That's a big number.
Speaker 1: Agreed, give me a couple of sleepers. I want two, three, maybe four?
Speaker 2: Okay, sleepers, let me just click this back up again.
Speaker 1: Jackson Holiday is one.
Speaker 2: No, don't. I don't consider him a sleeper. Everybody should know about him. When I look at sleeper, I'm going real real.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think, okay, undervalue, it's got to be Jackson, Holli. You got them seven spots up, so I mean you're expecting big things and the market is saying, hold on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kim is another one. Okay, yeah. Uh. When I look a little bit deeper.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, who was the last guy? You just said?
Speaker 2: Kim zero point zero? Just another shot to work that but.
Speaker 1: Just always falls in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Very quickly he realized said, Cam.
Speaker 2: Is like, damn again, one born every minute here. I am sleepers. The Cards have said they're going to give Nolan Gorman a shot. I don't necessarily believe them, but he did hit twenty four home runs before the demotion. There's a lot of swing and misshappening there, but Nolan Gorman could if the Cards give him a serious shot. I like Juan Brito as a sleeper, as a true sleeper.
Speaker 1: That's a good call from you. I think he did well there. Yep.
Speaker 2: Caleb Durban has my intention.
Speaker 1: Okay, former Yankee now with the uh he's with the Milwaukee Brewers, right.
Speaker 2: He sort of has my sort of has my attention and I we've just discussed it. Knows. Travis Bozana, I think I think we're going to get a full half season out of him, I really do.
Speaker 1: But that means Juan Brito. I mean, aren't they mutually exclusive. If Wan Brito comes up and hits, how can Travis Bozano get a chance.
Speaker 2: They'll find a spot for him?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they both hit, they the Guardians do very well. But those are some of the players later on that you know, Thomas Sagaci, he's got some skills, he does. Yeah, but again that you know, then the Nolan gorm and that sort of fits into that. And I really really hope that we see Christian Campbell early in the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do as well. I mean we'll see I mean, I I saw him play last year. A couple of times and it was impressive, and uh yeah, it's a good He's a nice little player. Obviously shocked the world in terms of what he's able to do last year. It's only been one year. I'd like to see him repeat it. But an athletic guy, multiple positions outfield, third base, second base, I think he can play all over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as do I. So there's lots of options at second base after you get past your top thirty. There really is.
Speaker 1: Back to Christian Campbell and yeah, Roman Anthony and all their They they have the Boston Red Soxes that they I'm referring to. They haven't like shopped bigly in the in the free agent market. There's still rumors of an Alex Bregman or a Nolan Arenauta type of move in there. But I mean, they've got such such good young players with an opportunity that are just about ready. I'm hoping they stick by their guns and keep it to potentially moving Raphael Devers maybe back off that position, d H first base and giving some of these young kids a shot.
Speaker 2: Totally agree and based on what we've seen thus far, they did move Kyle Teal, but they held on to the other three yep, And I don't. I don't see them going anywhere, at least I hope they don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I'm not sure Yoshida is there for the long term. I know they sign I think there's better options there. David Hamilton's a nice player, Saddan Raphael, I think will be your fourth outfielder.
Speaker 2: I agree. I don't think he controls the strike zone well enough to be anything more than that.
Speaker 1: Yep. And he's got to really prove that that he's a different player. And again they sign him for fifty million dollars, which might be the cost of these days of a fourth outfielder, and a good fourth outfielder. I mean, a guy could really pick it out there. But you can see Roman Anthony coming in at center field, and you can see poor David Hamilton out of a job, and Christian Pile kind of coming in and playing that. So it looks like it's still set up for these guys to come in where Marcella Mayer goes. I don't know, Trevor's story could come back and play very very well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, feel free, by the way to uses zero zero on your sheet. Okay, I won't be.
Speaker 1: No, he's an established major league guy.
Speaker 2: It just was, you know, he just.
Speaker 1: He's been disappointing. Let's face it.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, he has. I was expecting. I was expecting to see a doubles type hitter with a really really strong hit tool, and it just hasn't hasn't been there.
Speaker 1: He makes great contact, but I mean he's never walking. I mean it's I thought he was going to be a high walk guy and and he's He's a guy that swings on a lot of pitches and makes contact, but it's weak contact. Yeah, I don't I don't know. It's disappointing. So I agree, Uh, that is a wrap. Uh do we just take a break? I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't think we did.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take a final break and tid me. We are not going to get to the uh to the last segment that can continue to be pushed. Let's take our final break, get back and talk about what's planned for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: Reason we're recording early. Tess was gracious enough to give me the do it early. So I've got a at two o'clock and about forty five minutes from now, I'm going to a chili contest. I'm not competing. I am sampling. I am sampling and voting. So very excited about that. Our island tries to do some things to keep people engaged here when it's cold, and Pelican's Perch, which is one of the bars on the island, has a annual I think this is our tenth annual chili cook off. We've never been, but some friends said, hey, let's go. Let's check it out. So we're gonna go and eat chili this afternoon and bring.
Speaker 2: A container of Maylocks MAYLOCKX Toms.
Speaker 1: I'm a Tom's guy tem here.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 1: I am definitely at keep. I keep a sleeve of Toms in my pocket at all time, and I'm sure it will be partaking to them at some point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm doing the same thing as you. Basically, I'm gonna open the door, see how chilly it is, and close it again. Stay inside. That's my plans for the day. Maybe do some writing, get working on Shortstop, and get a couple other projects off off the off the table. But not a nice quiet day to day.
Speaker 1: Great, that's anything for dinner that's worth noting, it's worth.
Speaker 2: It. It's too early we're we're gonna have uh, we're gonna have pancakes or waffles and sausages. I think for breakfast, we're gonna have a late a brunch sort of thing today. But yeah, but other than that, uh, now, supper is too far into the into the future having having a clue.
Speaker 1: Who because we've learned there is no lunch at the McLeod household. So it's uh, brunches as close as we get.
Speaker 2: That is as good and close as we'll ever get. That's you nailed it.
Speaker 1: So we went. We went with friends yesterday to uh to Wilmington to see a play, a really good, interesting play called Evan Evan Hanson, Dear Evan Hanson. It was very I won't talk about it. It's a very deep kind of thing. It was very good. Before that, we went to brunch in this really nice restaurant we'd like in Wilmington. Timmy, I had and I'm on this diet, but I cut it out for the day. A grilled a fried chicken thigh, a thigh that's been fried on a biscuit. Oh my word. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: There had to be in there somewhere, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was, it was. It was I mean it's like, oh my god, I gotta get another one of these. It was so good. It was really really yummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're going to break the rules, do it right right and break them. Yeah, don't go halfway there, don't go halfway.
Speaker 1: We broke them big time. But chili FROs this afternoon and Tim doesn't know what he's happened. But pancakes and sausage for brunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that'll get the job done.
Speaker 1: Timmy, great stuff. Thank you again for doing second base again. Join us out at patrons I pat r o n dot com. Forward slash prospect through sixty one Timmy until next Sunday. Actually we're ready to do the American League West whenever your prospects whenever you're ready.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well we'll have to sit down and come up with some sort of a schedule because the next week's gonna be hectic, I think for me, just to say the least. But anyhow, we'd be safety well and enjoy those times.
Speaker 1: Take care