Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Laughed out loud in the kitchen this morning when I noticed that the La Times did a six page story on a man whose goats were taken away by animal services in Los Angeles. Did we ask do we need six pages on the goat napping?
Speaker 2: They're finding some stuff to write on and we know that that's.
Speaker 3: Important, so we'll get into that plate.
Speaker 4: One of Gaza's last functioning hospitals has been emptying out. Israel has ordered the evacuation of some nearby areas. Israel signaled a possible ground operation in a town that has largely been spared throughout the war that was ignited by Hamas's October seventh attack. The Alaxa Martyr's Hospital is the main hospital that serves the central part of Gaza, and the Israeli military is not ordered that the hospital be evacuated, but patients and some people sheltering there said it may be caught up in the fighting or possibly even targeted in a raid.
Speaker 1: Well, we told you on Friday about Tom Girardi taking the stand in his wire fraud trial, the final witness called by his lawyers to testify, claiming he did that every client of his got every penny that every client was supposed to get. They say that he suffers from dementia but was deemed able to assist in his own defense. The defense is that it's the now closed firm's former bookkeeper that is in trouble. First that is responsible for stealing at least fifteen million dollars from former clients, spending it on private jets, jewelry and other things.
Speaker 4: And then that guy Chris Cayman is also facing several charges too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not sure how it works if Chris Cayman is the one getting the blame for this when there are receipts that they can show that a lot of it went to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Erica Jane a star very loosely, she's featured on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the public defender that's working on Tom Girardi's behalf said that Girardi was forgetful, he got more and more confused as the years went by, and that that bookkeeper Chris came and took advantage of the fact that he was diminished mentally.
Speaker 3: He is eighty five now.
Speaker 1: Tom Girardi, former plaintiff's lawyer, ex owner of that firm. Girardi keys the most connected lawyer you could argue in La County for sure, up and down the state.
Speaker 3: Really he could yield power.
Speaker 1: This was a guy who, if you wanted to be a judge in this state, you'd have to kiss the ring.
Speaker 3: Very very well connected.
Speaker 1: And this is all about him using the client trust accounts as his personal piggy bank. These are people who lost loved ones and plane crashes, people that were injured to the point of not being able to leave their house or use their legs again. And they would say, sorry, we haven't We just haven't gotten the check yet, while all the time they had the check and they were spending the check's register.
Speaker 4: His appearance, I guess on Thursday was enough to give the public defender the ability. And I don't know why you'd put him on the stand. I mean, because he's not a sympathetic character, yes, but he is. He has that charisma.
Speaker 1: He is one of those people comes across very likable and if he gets on the stand and he is this adult, older man with dementia but still has that likability. I think that goes a long way if you can get up there and pretend enough that you don't know you know that this is day taco.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like if you get up and you appear to be so out of it that there's and a likable guy. He's got this affable, like almost Midwestern type of affectation about him. And if you can do that and then show that you have diminished mind capacity, they're probably going to be more likely to side with you that you didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: And we saw something along these lines in Lee Baccha's trial, a former sheriff in lam Yes, And I thought it was interesting because the public defender put Tom Girardi on the stand and asked him questions like is your law firm still open? And he said, yes, it is not, it is not. And then he said Tom, what's my name? And Tom Girardi replied from the witness stand, I don't know, bad, mean terrible.
Speaker 2: It's one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I mean the public defender and I don't know what sort of discussions go on between and Tom Girardi. But if your point is to put him on the stand and make an example of him and show him in diminished capacity, you give him the suggestion, Hey, I'm gonna ask you some pretty simple questions, and if you get them a little bit wrong, maybe you look a little bit more sympathetic in the eyes of the jury.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is somebody who has done enough favors for people where he does not need to live a destitute life. They are all in with this destitute life narrative. He's living in a nursing home in Orange County, and not even a good one from what I've heard. He's appearing to be dishoveled. Somebody who was always dressed to the nines and very much cared about his appearance is now wearing like a homeless get up with a mismatched suit jacket and shirt and pants, and he's disheveled. His shirt's on.
Speaker 3: Tough to me. They're selling it.
Speaker 1: They're selling the fact that he has lost his mind with the Alzheimer's or the dementia or whatever, and that he's penniless.
Speaker 3: When this is somebody.
Speaker 1: If they weren't trying to sell it, if he wasn't in trouble with the law, he'd be just fine.
Speaker 4: It also reminds me of Vincent Gigante, if you remember the mob boss who was put on trial and then was pretending to be crazy the entire time. Yeah, and again I don't know if they're faking this with Tom Varrity, but the idea that you would introduce it as as a potential explanation for why things went wrong, that he was simply out of it, he was being taken advantage of, or even if he did do some of these things, it wasn't because he was in control of his own faculties. So anyway, closing arguments today in that case, and we'll see where it goes over the course of the next port.
Speaker 1: They are underway right now, they have begun. I was surprised that this was such a quick case when you think about all the victims and things. But you know, with wirefraud, you just put an accountant up there and say, Okay, this is where the money was, this is where it was supposed to go, this is where it went. But if he is convicted, you got to believe you're going to hear from the victims in the sentencing phase. Tropical Storm hone is starting to move away from Hawaii to the southwest. Storm was centered one hundred and eighty miles southwest of Honolulu one hundred and eighty five miles south of La Hui. Sustained wins. We're at seventy miles per hour with higher gusts. The storm is continued expected to continue to gradually weekend today.
Speaker 2: Hey, Gary, that's outbreak movie is at t Bola? Yes, yes, they weren't disseecting tarts in the laboratory. No, just clarifying, thank you. I did conflate my ebolas and e.
Speaker 3: Col Yes, I mean neither one is a good look.
Speaker 2: Probably don't want either one.
Speaker 3: Output with both of those.
Speaker 4: I think he Coli is less likely to kill you than ebola, but I don't think either one of them would be fun.
Speaker 3: Hear this Babe Ruth story about his jersey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who is that?
Speaker 1: Who is spending twenty four million dollars on that jersey?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 1: It is the Great Game, the Infamous called Shot Game three of the nineteen thirty two World Series. It sold at an auction house in New York for twenty four million dollars. It surpasses a nineteen fifty two tops Mickey Mantle baseball card that sold for twelve point six million dollars. Back in two thousand and five, that same jersey worn by Babe Ruth sold for nine hundred and forty thousand dollars. It was only known as the one he wore on the road during the thirty two World Series against the Cubs. Companies have photo matched it in recent years and discovered he wore it in Game three when he pointed to the outfield with the bat and hit a home run into center field.
Speaker 2: Called his Shot.
Speaker 4: Steve Lopez has a great article, a great column in the La Times regarding.
Speaker 2: Regarding Langers Deli.
Speaker 4: I mean it's Langers Deli specifically, but generally it's about the condition of pockets.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to a pocket.
Speaker 4: The conditions of several areas of the city of Los Angeles which have made everyday normal life untenable.
Speaker 3: Norm Langer is a great guy.
Speaker 1: I interviewed him years ago because I did a feature story on the best public ar restrooms. I don't know where the genesis for that came. There was something Michael Clark and I cooked up, but there oh, there was kids who were there was an app, I think at the time, a new app that was a public bathroom rating system. You go into the app and you could rate public bathrooms. So I looked at the ones that were great and the ones that were not. And I went there and checked out the bathrooms, flushed the toilets, you know, all the things that you do.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to squeeze every little ounce of sound out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, it was a winner. It was the best use of sound winner.
Speaker 1: But I went to Langers because they had a five star bathroom. And I interviewed Norm and he said, I'm I'm so glad that we have five stars because I just spent forty thousand dollars updating our bathrooms. And you know, he went through the fact that, you know, his parents got Langers or started Langers when he was a toddler. And he said in this article, you know, I grew up in MacArthur Park. He said, we go to the park, we'd go for boat rides, we'd take naps. Older people played shuffle board around there, backgammon, cards, whatever.
Speaker 4: Naps, naps. You were comfortable enough as a kid you could take a nap.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine that when I was a kid, I was comfortable enough to take a nap, like under the sun and the grass of whatever parks we grew up around, Like that was an awesome feeling. I can't imagine feeling like I want to take a nap in a public park anywhere. Yeah, Ever, that would be something that would not even cross my mind to say, like, hey, let's grab a blanket and let's go.
Speaker 3: You know, like you go to the beach and you do that.
Speaker 4: You go hang out, but you would never be that relaxed where you felt like you could take a name.
Speaker 1: No, people would come and steal all your stuff. They'd kill you, they'd rob you.
Speaker 2: And that's just the beginning.
Speaker 4: This is This is interesting because Steve Lopez writes, restaurants come and go, but this wouldn't be just any business going dark. Langers has been in La longer than the Dodgers, longer than the Lakers. He describes it as an anchor and institution and as a touchstone. But Langer says he's tired of pushing the cart up the hill, of trying to get city officials to clean up the streets, to restore public safety, to make MacArthur Park MacArthur Park again, MPAGA make MacArthur Park great again rather than a place to avoid I screwed up the lettering. Just listen, it's still got some safe areas. If you keep your you know wits about you, it's probably going to be fine for you to spend an hour or two in the park there and not get robbed or killed or both.
Speaker 1: So City Hall does have a big change in mind for the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Remember we told you about this.
Speaker 1: They have this proposal they announced last month to close Wilshire Boulevard where it passes through MacArthur Park, span the open spaces. But that's just expanding the problem of the open drug market and crime.
Speaker 3: It's a joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's one of those things we talked about it when we first saw that story. You want to then take even fewer You want to make it harder for people to go through there, which is I understand why. I mean the idea that this is going to be now an open space and it's a safer place. All you do is invite more people to set up camp there. And I don't just mean housing enthused, no housing challenged. Is that what we're saying, Whatever it is, homeless people.
Speaker 3: It's not about housing.
Speaker 1: It's about the drugs and the addiction and the mental illness that goes unchecked. That's what it's about. I love this quote here. Norm Langer said every man needs two things. He needs a place to go when he gets up in the morning, and he needs people who are dependent on him. He said, I had lung cancer five times. I've had the tops of both lungs removed. I've had prostate cancer. I've had forty five radiation treatments. I've had both knees replaced. But I'm here. I should be laying down somewhere, but I'm not. Why Because I have a place to go and I have people here who need me.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's a great quote, isn't it. That's so true. It's got to go up in the.
Speaker 1: This is why I wanted to get the Hamster, because it would be dependent on me.
Speaker 2: Ah well, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 5: I don't blame Langer's Deli for moving or leaving.
Speaker 2: Took my family there last month.
Speaker 5: It was like Zombieville. Yeah, getting into the restaurant and out of the restaurant, parked in that little parking lot that they have for their restaurant. That area has just gone downhill prior to that visit.
Speaker 2: We actually went during COVID.
Speaker 4: And yeah, thirty seconds. We only have thirty seconds. That's sorry, Sorry, got cut off. There's some good news fire wise in the state of California. For one thing, that Park fire burning up near Chico and places north of there finally contained, not out, but it's not spreading. That And Steve Gregory's going to join us in a few minutes and talk about some of the new resources that are available to the firefighter.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Man, I burned through all that fire country, all those episodes on my flight back. Oh it's one of those just Virgin River, dumb feel good stories.
Speaker 4: But with fire, but with fire. Steve Gregory has joined us. One of the big news items, and I mentioned this before the top of the hour, is that the Park fire, the one that's burning up near northern your Chico in northern California, peaked out at about four hundred and twenty nine thousand acres and is now one hundred percent contained. There were thousands of crews that were working on that on that fire over the course of the last month and a half or so, so that's great news. Doesn't necessarily mean it stopped burning, but it is contained. They have fire line built around all of it. So that's what one hundred percent containment thing is. The other news that Steve Gregory has been following is some new resources that are going to be available to firefights.
Speaker 3: Love seeing the C one thirty air tanker.
Speaker 6: What is it about aircraft that we just all just got at?
Speaker 3: I know, I don't know. It's our lizard brain.
Speaker 2: It is. We're like, oh my god, it flies, It's so cool.
Speaker 4: Well, not only that, when I've seen them at work, it is it is.
Speaker 2: I guess what do you mean you've seen them at work.
Speaker 3: When we're covering fires?
Speaker 2: Oh that you meant like when you were sitting at work? No? No, no, no, I mean I when I see them working. How's that? Not when I'm working?
Speaker 4: When I see them working thirty or the decent it is, it's proof that the powers that be are throwing whatever they can at whatever this fire is to try to prevent it from getting out of it.
Speaker 3: It's nice to see a bureaucracy that works.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it feels like that when you're in the fire service, but for a civilian. It's nice to see people be efficient and functioning the way that they should be functioning in terms of putting out fires.
Speaker 6: Well, you know when we let's go back to twenty twenty pandemic time and remember we were all here together.
Speaker 2: It was just a small group of us and we got a ham Yeah, I do remember that.
Speaker 3: And you ripped it apart with your bare hands, and then we ate.
Speaker 2: It very manly, very manly.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: It was very manhammy.
Speaker 6: But one of the things I kept talking about to your point is that the politician should have stepped aside during COVID and let the fire department, fire service come in and handle it. Yeah, because they know how to take care of crises. I mean they are experts at this fire service, police service, all first responders. And in this case, the C one thirty is one of seven that will be delivered to California courtesy of the US Coast Guard over the next few years. Today the first one thirty Hercules went into service. It will be based in Sacramento, and it has the capability or the ability to carry four thousand gallons of fire retardant or water and can be mobilized and airborne in twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: It's impressive.
Speaker 4: So it's just going to be a tanker. I mean yes, because I know that that what do you call it?
Speaker 2: That airframe has all kinds of different connection.
Speaker 6: Configuration, right, and so the Coast Guard had it configured for cargo, and so they redid it so that it could could take on a tank much like those chinooks that you see that the Colson has a helicopters, the big double rotor helic coptor chotes. Those are configured where you can remove the tank with in just under. Now you can move the tank in hull you know, people or supplies, and the same hold is true for this one. It's going to be primarily designed for water dropping because the National Guard already has C one thirties to transport troops or people or firefighters or whatever the case is, and and CalFire has other means to do that. So this is primarily a fire attack apparatus.
Speaker 4: Is the Coastguard just are they getting new ones and they're giving us their old ones or what?
Speaker 6: It's a surplus situation through the US Defense Act. It was pastor assigned in the lock. I believe it was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: It's like a federal age, a federal aid package where they took old military surplus and they're re vamping them and retrofitting them for fire use and for other safety features. And in this particular case, California really uh really uh you know, the won the lottery on this one, getting seven of these over the next couple of years and then and they'll be stationed all throughout the state so that they can be used where they think strategically those kinds of equipment should be should be stationed.
Speaker 4: My assumption, we talk about the super Scoopers that come in out of Canada every fire season, right, we watch them as they come in, We see them in action when we're when they're working, not when we're working, but when they're working. These are going to be permanently part of California. Specifical Firefires owns the arsenal. Yes, CalFire owns them. It is part of it, which is also the world's largest collection of firefighting aircraft, and CalFire has the world's largest collection airfire, airfire, air firefighting airpower. Sorry, you haven't hour this morning. You haven't been in front of us for a week. I mean it's probably.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm a little bothered, be nervous.
Speaker 4: Did you get your email today about the I'm in the middle of it right now, are you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's like first thing when you open it says hello, Steve Gregory, this is to let you know that California anti harassment training has been added to your learning profile.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: That's the way it started my day.
Speaker 3: It makes me want to harass everybody I see.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, I'm glad you got it. Can I give you an example?
Speaker 4: Sure, you must come up with a strategy to improve the quality of your work and help our team identify new business opportunities. That's what Janet says to me. That's an anti harassment No, so how would I classify Janet's comments?
Speaker 2: Are they appropriate or inappropriate?
Speaker 3: Inappropriate? I don't want to be asked to do more stuff?
Speaker 2: And question two is it harassing sales behavior? Right?
Speaker 3: I'm not in sales.
Speaker 4: Is that not harassing behavior? It's not harassing behavior. Oh gosh, I got those wrong. It's so hard to figure out this.
Speaker 2: Well, it is harassed.
Speaker 6: It isn't harassment for the sake of the test, but it is harassment here at this company to.
Speaker 4: Ask somebody to actually work. Oh my god, the gall if you want to test Steve. We were in the Chicago iHeart studio was beautiful.
Speaker 1: See if you have no idea, it was gorgeous, like Michigan and Florida. Ceiling windows, free cup of noodles, free cup of noodles.
Speaker 2: In their snack room. They just have.
Speaker 4: Shelves full of stuff that you take and you open the refrigerator and there's just there's pizza.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I got some ice for a whole freezer. They had pepperoni pizza, they had sausage pizza, and you.
Speaker 2: Know how much it costs. You're glad you enjoyed your work assignment. We talked about we were work, that's why working.
Speaker 3: We were not working.
Speaker 2: And then you know, so you dressed like you were driving the jungle cruise thing.
Speaker 3: It was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: There was another show that was next to our show for the week, and I was making fun of them the whole time because they looked like they were actually like seriously worked, like they were pretending.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was. I'm like, we do the.
Speaker 1: Same thing you do, but you make it seem like it's so much more complicated, Like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What is this pre show meeting?
Speaker 6: We know what is this that's called commune vacation, But what is this thing.
Speaker 1: Where you're in the breaks and you're talking about what you want to do next?
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's just do we just have it easy?
Speaker 1: Our other shows just not as as easy as well.
Speaker 6: What you have to ask is how do how do they do in the numbers? I mean are they does all the work pay off? Or maybe does all the work pay off? Or does it just what is I mean you.
Speaker 2: Got to where where are they from? Other? Other places?
Speaker 3: Other places?
Speaker 6: What do you mean other places in our company or just another company?
Speaker 4: Well, in some cases in our company, Well syndicated show.
Speaker 1: It is a syndicated show, so maybe the work does lead to well syndicated show.
Speaker 6: That's a lot of that's a lot of responsible kind of numbers. Well, if it's syndicated, I mean presumably is more than.
Speaker 1: Two stages, right, So do you think Gary and I should do more work? Then, like we should answer carefully make this into a job.
Speaker 2: Isn't it time for break? What are you still doing? Money? In there?
Speaker 6: I was never told I was done? Are you Are you done with me? Or do you want to talk about something else?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about something mouse? What else do you got?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I want to I want to know if it's true what that guy said on the air about you guys. Were you day drinking? We're in Chicago? What's the definition?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is the definition?
Speaker 4: Does that because I'm two hours we're two hours ahead of anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to get defensive. I just asked the question.
Speaker 1: What is I think our first cocktail was at like six pm for Chicago time, right, right, We're not like sitting at the convention drinking.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Trust me.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a thing where you're like I could those who would be fun with drinks, A bunch of people who love politics walking around in their Trust Women shirts.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like that would have been bad for them if we started drinking and hackling people as they're walking by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like when we went to the ball game, or like, let's get drinks immediately because it's fun and we're at a ball Okay.
Speaker 2: Let's scratch that question forget. I asked it.
Speaker 1: It was like diet coke give me all the diet coke so I can get through.
Speaker 6: This, Maden, Well, I just what I'm going to ask you is I've never been to one of those, and I don't have any desire to do that.
Speaker 2: Was it as chaotic and crazy as it looked?
Speaker 4: Well, so we got there early enough that we were there sort of in the quiet times, but by the time we left at the end of our show is when the thousands of delegates and hangers on were coming into the arena for the nights you know.
Speaker 2: Here it's progress. It was two hours ahead, right, yeah. Yeah, So I would.
Speaker 1: Say out of all three conventions, I think Cleveland was the one where it felt a little chaotic. And maybe that's just because it was the first one we covered, but also they had that pedestrian walkway and all the security and all those threats and kind of more of a of a vibe right out of the stadium with restaurants and things like that.
Speaker 4: It felt I would say Cleveland felt more threatening than any of the others. Noah, even though well because we were for example, as we would leave the arena one day, you kind of walk down this long alleyway and there's some businesses and restaurants on both sides. We stopped in one that it was the Cleveland Store or some sort of you know, tourism catch and but the street out in front was immediately filled with people who were protesting, and that was the That was really the only time.
Speaker 6: You can get a glimpse of any of the protesters on this one. Yes, yeah, but it was the first day. And that's the thing about it that it was not a it never turned into a threatening event, and that the protests that were there in Chicago were clearly handled by Chicago PD.
Speaker 1: That whole storyline was such a media driven one. It always has been, ever since the pro Palestinian protests have popped up. It's been the media that's been driving this thing and making it bigger.
Speaker 6: Be I like the story that we'd get here that said man caught with gun three miles from the really miles away and.
Speaker 1: At the point there was a guy barricaded around theresant, and Oscar was like, oh, there's a barricaded guy. I'm like, dude, that's a Tuesday in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares.
Speaker 4: The amount of security that was available or was visible, I should say, throughout downtown Chicago was amazing, Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 3: It felt very safe.
Speaker 2: Did you have any security, Did you have any personal.
Speaker 3: He kept saying that we should have security.
Speaker 2: He was, Well, it was.
Speaker 4: It was kind of nice because as from our vantage point in the arena or from in the concourse, basically a lot of people had to walk right past us to get to their CNN interview or whatever they were going to do. So there would be some politicians, some high end politicians, a high end being famous, not necessarily they're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You had people like Senator Ben Carden who come in, who came in nobody knew who he was, and he had one person with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then you had Nancy Pelosi come in and she had six security people on top of the eight or ten staffers thing in with her. So that group, that huddle would make its way through.
Speaker 1: On my flight to Dallas after the convention, I sat with two guys who do private security, and they were there to be body people for media types, a couple of media people.
Speaker 2: I saw that a couple of times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who was your biggest get? Because I couldn't listen every day, but who was your biggest get? The biggest get?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We did have one of the presidential candidates. I liked Dean Phillips. Dean Phillips, No, I would agree with that. He was the surprise Cornell West doctor Cornell West was probably he.
Speaker 3: Got us high.
Speaker 2: I heard right.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, viaa Gosa got us.
Speaker 2: We literally, y I remember him with you years ago. I remember his little thing with you. What little thing, a little crush on you? Oh stop it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he literally ran into us as we were entering the arena and he was leaving. Yeah, and you remember you then turn around and walked back with us to go do that.
Speaker 1: In so he so he's yeah, he walked back into the place like he was done for And so he wanted a microphone, you know, he wanted to do an interview, and he said he was all pissed off because whoever had booked him before we talked to him, they only the interview was two minutes long. So he got ready at the hotel, went through the rigmarole of going through security getting to the arena, and they only kept him for two minutes. So he was happy to sit down with us for as long as we wanted, and he was he was actually really well focused and thought out. I've never seen him like that before. I've never heard he's had a lot of time practice. I figured out it was when he was may or. He was caught up on it, right, You covered him too, He was all caught up in it.
Speaker 2: He was never hit on me.
Speaker 1: He was caught up in the celebrity of it and just never really focused. And now nobody's paying attention to him really as he runs for governor, and so he was hyper focused in that interview, and he sounded intelligent for the first time.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I think.
Speaker 6: He's had a lot of time to reflect, a lot of time to reassemble. Yeah, you know who else is going to run for governor?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: Elandy coon Ilacus, Tony Thurman. Who's Tony THURMANU.
Speaker 2: Lan that you're just making stuff up?
Speaker 1: Look at you, California Politico is the lieutenant governor right now.
Speaker 2: I'm just super.
Speaker 6: You don't remember when mayor of Vierorgosi used to flirt with you?
Speaker 2: No, yes, he did, you know. Yeah, but you make it sound like she was the only one and not to well say that I can deserve it.
Speaker 6: But thank god that she never fell to that trap, because she'd be the one that was caught climbing over the fence out of the mayor's mansion late at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, norap, not a trap.
Speaker 2: It's a trap. It's a trap. Great to see you, Welcome back to you kids.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, there was one story that came out of his affair with the woman from Univision, and it was when he was caught in the lobby of her building with Chinese food. And I remember thinking that sounds really good, like that's nice that he brought her Chinese food.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would like someone to bring me Chinese food.
Speaker 2: I think what that whole time was hilarious? Was it wasn't that hilarious? Remember sis? Yes, she went.
Speaker 1: On the air to announce his divorce when he was they were banging.
Speaker 3: And then what a mess? I asked.
Speaker 1: I did ask him off the air, I go, who are you dating? And he goes, he goes, I am dating somebody, and he goes, but I'm just dating the one.
Speaker 3: I'm just dating the one.
Speaker 1: And I said to him, why make one miserable in the media?
Speaker 2: Is it still an anchor or reporter? I did ask, Oh, yeah, we have to figure out if he's at the.
Speaker 3: Man's seventy one years old.
Speaker 2: You know, he's seventy one. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow, I guess I didn't realize that. It seemed like a lifetime ago we were covering him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just kids. Yeah, you were. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.