Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. And as you guys can tell, it is the end, the end of it all. We are out here in the middle of the floor in the Horseshoe Events Center. We still haven't found a better name for it. Shout out to that that Twitter user who I just haven't been feeling it with the nicknames for this run yet.
Speaker 2: Not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: We have a champion. It is Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky Grind, Grind Grinder in in absolutely unbelievable final table, in unbelievable run to the winner circle, the stuff that like I feel like, I feel like. The script writers were out for this one writing the script of this WSP Maine event, especially the last few days and extra especially the final table with the way that this played out over the last few days with the Grinder ever since he got down to three big lines, the run to the to the winner circle, to the ten million dollars to his eighth WSOP Gold bracelet, like just the stuff of legend. You guys wouldn't believe it if you didn't watch it. Hopefully you did watch it, because it was absolutely positively one for the age is one we will. I don't think we're ever gonna forget it, honestly, if we're always gonna look back on the twenty twenty five main event and be like, you remember that time when and then there's like eighteen different moments that we can list you remember that time when this happened. You remember that when this happened, Like you know, just so many crazy, crazy things, you know, you and I feel extremely grateful, extremely blessed to be able to be here. We did this podcast every single day. Shout out to you, buddy, the only be hanging high fives. Let's go just an absolutely incredible summer, or of course, gonna break down the entire final day of the Final Table. If you missed the first part, go back to the last episode whether you're listening or watching on YouTube and check that out, because that took us from nine players down to four. Here we're going from four down to the winner. And quite honestly, this podcast might last longer than the final day, a.
Speaker 3: Last than the final day.
Speaker 1: I mean, Grinder joked, what's it gonna take the closest thing out tomorrow an hour. I think total time was around fifty six minutes, but like actual playtime if you cut out like the breakdesk stuff, the pregame stuff was around forty forty five minutes or so. Yeah, I mean, just you wouldn't believe it if I told you. We're gonna tell you, but you might not believe it. So just holy hell, absolutely holy hell. Of course, before we jump in, quick reminder, if you're listening out there, give us a rating five stars only. Please, for the love of God, share the podcast, subscribe to it, do all that good stuff. Also leave a review, send it on into podcasts at PokerGO dot com. We love to read the reviews. We can't go through every single podcast catcher out there, but if you just take a screenshot of it, send it on into that email, we will read it. We will very likely reply to you, and we may even read it on air in an upcoming episode. And then if you're watching on the poker o YouTube channel, love you guys, mean it. Thumbs up thumbs up on the video. That means like the video, subscribe to the poker gro YouTube channel and leave a comment below. I went through some of them from the last episode when we ask people to like rank all the people that they thought or are the players that they thought would win, you know, went through a lot of that stuff. Tim and I are often in there responding to the comments. We love to hear them, good or bad. Even if you want to talk shit, come and talk shit. We'll talk We'll talk shit, okay. Like, just know that if you do talk shit in the comments, we're gonna talk shit right back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So just just absolutely great stuff from all the new audience members that we have found, because this is the first time all summer long that we have done this on video. So it is a pleasure to meet all of you guys, and hopefully we'll keep this going in a video format for many, many many months to come. If you love online poker, but you don't want to spend a dime playing it, then check out play poker Go. It's free to play, it is super easy to jump into, and yeah, it does actually feel like real, authentic poker. We got real players, we got real hands, we got real fun I checked today, Tim. My avatar is there, my avatar, my custom avatar is there in the game. So if you see poker Go Donnie, you see the custom avatar that looks like this stupid face that is me and I am playing against you, ring games, tournaments, sitting goes. It is all available on play PokerGO dot com. Again, that's play PokerGO dot com. You can also grab the the app, download it to your iOS or your Android device. So fired up today, take a seat, and we will see you at the tables. I would highly encourage all the new play Poker users out there to hop in the one million gold free rolls that happen every hour on the half hour, so one thirty, two, thirty three, thirty, et cetera. Hop in there. Tim doesn't look like he has his his custom avatar yet. Well you know, I'm first up again it and then and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 3: It's just not fair.
Speaker 1: And then lastly, this podcast is also brought to you by our good friends at True Classic, the home of high quality, affordable clothes for men. I know the website is true Classic Teas dot com, but trust me when I tell you, if you head there, you will see that they have much much more than just T shirts. They have tops, they have bottoms, they have active where I believe they have hats to they really do have it all. Is incredibly comfortable, is very affordable. I encourage you guys to go check it out. And this year, Poker gro has partnered with True Classic for a special end of year event that is likely going to take place in December, although date tbd, So you know, we'll tell you out on this podcast all the poker grow social channels, all that sort of stuff. But it is coming up at the end of the year and you could win a five thousand dollars package to come play. And if you think you might not have a chance, you know, yeah, well who the heck knows how many people are going to enter and they're giving out one five thousand dollars package, Well guess what we're giving away fifteen five thousand dollars packages. And that package includes a thirty three hundred dollars buy into the Shriment, plus travel and airfare support. So if you want to win, go to True Classic, tas dot com slash tc poker go and what you need to do when you go there is you fill out the form. Part of the form is you need to submit your poker story, So tell us why you got into the game, tell us why you're drawn to poker. You know what inspires you, what you want to achieve. We're not talking like bad beat story. We're talking like those feel good stories. Ryan from True Classic Ryan Bartlett. You know he wants to give back to the poker community. That is his big thing. He's a former poker player himself. He does still dabble here and there. I believe he was out here playing the ten k Super Turbo event during the summer. You know, he wants to give out these packages to aspiring poker players to help them chase their So if you got a really cool story out there on like why you got into the game or what it means to you, let us know True Classic t's dot com slash tcpoker go, because that story could see you coming out to Las Vegas and competing at the Poker Grove Studio in this signature end of year event. It's all on behalf of our good friends at True Classic. All right, now, we got to get into it. Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky the EFN Grinder does the farthest thing from grinding, yeah, but gets it done, gets it done absolutely wild stuff. So we come back today. He's got seventy six percent of the chips in play, four hundred and forty four and a half million. There's five hundred and eighty four point five million in play, seventy six percent of the chips and play. Kenny Howard's pretty short to start. He got eight big blinds. Braxin's on the way, isn't too far ahead of him. He's got ten big blinds, and then John Wosnock had like thirty seven or thirty eight, something like that. You know, we talked about yesterday, how Ellie. I felt if there was some close spots early, maybe Kenny passes on them. He takes the ICM approach. Well, he was dell Ace queen off on the first no, so he goes all in. Grinder with the tight squeeze from the big blind, peels king jack of Diamond's boom. Here we go, makes the call, first first pitch of the deck, and we're just off with an all in. Of course, it comes all spades, nobody hits, No one's got a spade, just the jack of clubs on the turn. Of course, as if Grinder was not going to hit this. I swear this guy hasn't lost it all in in twelve days. Yeah, I mean, he should take this ten million dollars and go spend the entire thing on powerball, because I'm like ninety five percent certain he would win. Well, look up the powerball jackpot right now, you're you're the money guy.
Speaker 4: Look, okay, I might be the money guy, but I do not condone power.
Speaker 1: Jack Yes, okay, but you do condone pressing your luck when you're as hot as Grinder is. I know you do.
Speaker 3: Come on, estimated jackpot two hundred and sixty million.
Speaker 1: That's twenty six x that right now? You know he would win, you know he could. You could you imagine the story.
Speaker 3: It would be the best story ever.
Speaker 1: This has already been the best story ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, should spend fifty k on tickets?
Speaker 1: I mean she should. He's just been five hundred can tickets. Why not just fifty You know what, Actually, with the way he's running, he could spend one dollar. You spend one He's just gonna win. It's just gonna win. Just simply incredible stuff. So yeah, first hand, we lose Kenny Holler. He takes home three million dollars. Kenny Holler has had an absolutely incredible run over the years, and let it be main Event. I know we all like I think Paul Vopie has the nickname main Event. I mean, I'm sorry, like I'm starting to think Kenny Hollard needs the nickname main Event. He's made the found table twice, He's had many other deep runs. I mean, the guy just basically it's like every year or every other year, he's like, you know.
Speaker 3: What, one more and he can have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm gonna be a little yeah, I guy, just give that away. I mean a big nickname, of course. I'm sure if you're Kenny, you're a little bit bummed to go. You get out all in with the best hand. He's Queen versus King Jack. But all things considered, you turn ten k into three million dollars your second run of it here. Last time he was at the WSP Man Event Final table, he finished in sixth place, and so here doing a bit better for himself, and like I said, three million dollars richer. And then we didn't have to wait long. The next hand, yeap Braxton Dunaway. So John Wasnock folds the button, Michael m Isrocky Jams from the Small Blind, and I think Braxton Dunaway had ten big blinds to start the hand. So he's got nine big blinds because he posted the big blind nanty and he calls all in with ten six suited Grinder's got a ten of diamonds. This is the wildest call I've ever seen. Like, I can't I don't know what happened. I honestly don't know.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I spoke to Braxton Stot of Play and he was like, you know, this is gonna be tough spot for me and Kenny, and you know, we were talking a little bit about parking. I was like, yeah, whoever is out, who whoever gets the third to the final three, he's going to feel so much relief and like basically be free rolling. And Braxson was like, yeah, you know, you're right, that's just the goal. We'll get to three and then you make that million dollar page jump and then anything goes. My guess is he got to that. He's looking up at this giant everest of a chip stack that Michael Msrahi has and goes, you know what, if I have any chance of winning, I need to turn this nine big blinds, you know, to twenty to forty eighty and start chipping away at miss road I have any chance, and he's you know what, it might not be a gto optimal at all, but I think that's what it is. I think it's just a little bit of a gamble. Try and take nine bigs off off the chip leader and close that gap a little bit with John Waznak, and hopefully.
Speaker 3: It's his turn.
Speaker 4: He said to me this twenty you know, I ran like shit yesterday. I hope today I ran like I hope today. I run like the sun from the start. And that's what he's maybe trying to do there with the ten six of hearts.
Speaker 1: I understand running like the sun and Era wanting to run like the sun. I think we all want to run like the sun. You still have to make good decisions. I'm sorry. I mean, this is just when Nick Shulman, who's the classiest individual in the booth, you know, tries to keep it as buttoned up as possible, doesn't really go in on players when he says, I really don't like that. You know, it's god awfully bad, Like I mean, it's I think I personally think ten nine suited would be hard to pull the trigger, just because, again, you make so much money all the time by folding, and he did.
Speaker 3: He might he folded the first hand right.
Speaker 1: Standing, he folded the first hand, but still like, you can't find a better hand in the next two hands than ten six suited and worst case scenario, maybe you end up in the big blind again. I mean, I think in this tournament you can get down to six big blinds, seven big blinds and still be okay.
Speaker 4: I was down a season off bigs. I know he's going to have seven, and how big blinds? You know obviously he is. It's three handed, so you've heavily reliant on on the deck hitting you and getting something worth you know, something a little stronger than the ten six I.
Speaker 1: Mean, facing a two million dollar page in between third and second, I think that I personally would have just tried to fold as much as I needed to with the hopes that wasnock and Miss Rocky just went ballistic, which I think could certainly happen. I mean, we know the Miss.
Speaker 3: Rocky's is going to do was stop the day with how many bigs? I think thirty eight thirty eight? So yeah, so still an hood climb to of a take care.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, but what if you see something similar to what we saw on the first day of the final table Wasnock picks up a big hand Queen's Miss Rocky picks up a big hand Ace King, and they just get all the money in. Now, it maybe takes a little bit less than that. You know, one guy gets ace Queen, the other guy's got two sevens, and they just go nuts. Like I don't know, like that could happen. And if that's the case and the guy goes out, I'm sitting there collecting a two million dollar page up. I mean I would try and approach it like way back when shout out Jonathan Duhommel's banner over there, when John Rister was just sitting on the sidelines and Joseph Chong just decided to go nuts. I mean, you never know, you never know, and like.
Speaker 3: The ten six is not ideal, But I ain't found on the ice Queen or the.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I'm not saying full of the East Queen, of course, like I'm not saying like full just fold good hands. But like this just seemed like he just he locked up that million dollar page up and said fuck it, I'm going forward with. I mean, maybe part of me wants to respect, but the poker player in me says, what in the holy hell just happened? That said, you know, Braxton's gone away four million dollars richer, so he gambled it up. But I also I also thought that, like, I don't think Braxton Dunaway is I don't think he's a like a theory guy. I think he's more of like a live player, a field player. That's just my my reader understanding of him. So you know, he decided to gamble it up in that spot and it ultimately didn't work, and you know, maybe it costs him, maybe it didn't like maybe he goes on third anyway, right, But I mean it's certainly being well talked about. And I don't think we got a bust out interview with him, because I would have liked to hear somebody ask him, you know, hey, like, what what was the thought process with calling all in with ten six suited there? I mean it just seems I mean, we know Grinder's grinder, and he can, I mean Grinder can jam five to six suited, but I mean ten six suited is a reach. It's definitely a reach. So but either way, very very very good run from Braxton dunaway. He gets four million dollars for his third place finish. Of course Michael mcrocky with that ace ten did take him out. He ended up making a flush on the river, I think is how it finished. But when that money went in, it was funny because Ms Rocky sees the hands and immediately starts celebrating like he just like he like he won the hand. Yeah, obviously he sees the hands turned over and he has him you know, crushed, but he still is like he's celebrated. I mean, the celebrations from his Rocky even start to finishing this thing where it's just just absolutely wild. So then we take a break. Of course they bring up all the money, they do the whole thing. We get the heads up play and it's it's a pretty big gap overall. I mean, walls nuts got around like ninety million basically like what he started with because he didn't play any hands. It was just boom boom, and what heads up Ms Rocky's got. You know, he's pushing what five hundred million at this point, and the whole thing is just wild. So now we're thinking, I mean, what are you thinking? At this point? This is gonna be over in three hands.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I'm praying it goes for several more hours, you know, like I wanted to be an event. You know, we don't really want this over in three four, five hands. We want to show we want to see these guys battle. Obviously, the result is whoever's anyone cheering for. But that's the only thing I really I just didn't want to see it end within like ten to fifteen minutes. So when it started, and you know, a couple of us went to grind a straight away as like, God, here would go.
Speaker 3: He's gonna wear him down and take him out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm kind of like you. I mean, I don't know how long I wanted to last. I just wanted. I wanted was not to like make it a match like maybe get one, double up, maybe pull even. Part of why I wanted that is I wanted to see how Grinder would possibly respond to some sort of adversity, because everything up until this point has just been all Grinder. Like, whatever needed to happen to fall in Grinder's favor, it happened, right, you know. Like obviously that ace on the river on day one of the Final Table was enormous, but so many other things just happened to work out for him. His bluffs work. You know, he got paid off when he needed to, like all this crazy stuff. So you know, then you know he busts those two people. Things are going more in Grinders away. So I just wanted to see him like start making it a match. Maybe he gets up to like two hundred million. Yeah, Grinders still got a healthy chip lead. But like then it's kind of like, oh, like, oh, is Grinder going to lose this? Is he going to lose this? You know, is he possibly feeling the pressure a little bit or is it starting to build? And you know How's was not feeling but you know, I know wasnot got up over one hundred million, a little bit over one hundred million, but he I mean he never really he never really got close even like.
Speaker 4: A couple of steps forward, a couple of back, couple steps a couple back.
Speaker 3: You couldn't really get that kind of run on.
Speaker 1: I mean, it really was just Grinders. Yeah, tournament. I mean, like, I don't know what to say. It was interesting to see wa Wasnock start talking to Grinder a little bit mm hmm. You know, he was talking to him in some of the some of the hands, which which I thought was a little bit interesting because I feel like.
Speaker 3: That at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you haven't seen it. And also if anyone's able to like read you, I feel like Grinder is one of the best at it in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're probably not the guy you want to chat to.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, you don't want to chat to Dan Legrand, who you probably don't want to check to Phil Ivy. Probably Grinder is like up there in that crowd, like you don't want to start, like, especially.
Speaker 4: On this run, and he's been on where everything is going his way, like literally he can't do no wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah he can't. Yeah, don't give him any added help. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then the final hand comes up, and the final hand comes up, I think about forty to forty five minutes of actual playtime, and this final hand, I mean it had it had everything in one hand. So I'm not even sure I know where to begin with this hand. I mean, obviously you got to begin on the turn. So it goes check check on the flop. The club comes in on the turn to give Grinder the flush. He checks wasna finally bets his top top two pair. Now the first crazy part Grinder starts pumping up the crowd before he raises he's going. He's like going like this to the crowd to get them amped up, and then goes thirty million.
Speaker 3: Does this one like this it's for the lost feed ice, I.
Speaker 1: Know, like he did in the Hand with Kenny Hollard on the first day of the Like it's just like mid hand, the biggest stage of poker, and this guy is like just acting like a complete I say this in a in a totally endearing way, acting like a fool, but in a really good.
Speaker 4: Photos very entertaining. It wasn't like it all insulting. I didn't think it was pure entertainment.
Speaker 1: So like he pumped up the crowd and they start yelling and like you can barely hear him say thirty million, and then Wasnock snap jams. Grinder calls it off. Of course, then it gets even crazier, as if you don't think it stops there. Grinder thinks that he needs to fade a club. I think he saw the black Yeah from from was Knock. He thinks he needs the FATA club, so he starts yelling to his rail that he needs the fan of club. He's like no club, no club, no club, which is not true.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Then he comes like back to the table kind of and he's like he's like, oh, oh.
Speaker 2: I won, I won.
Speaker 1: He's like going like it's over, it's over, it's over. He's yelling to his rail that it's over. He starts putting his hands in the air like the whole thing, and we're all like, dude.
Speaker 4: I think there's pictures of his mom in the background going like this. We think we have picture of him. Say no, no, no, you're wrong. That's not right, that's not right.
Speaker 1: Shulan's on the broadcast going Mikey, Mikey, wait a minute, it's everybody relaxed, Like I think, Shulan says, like, did we misread the board? So there's this whole thing where he first he thinks he needs to fait a club, which is not true. Then he thinks he's won it, which is also not true. So then he comes back and like you and I have been in poker, like you almost feel like you've seen it where people prematurely celebrate, yeah, and it just it's a disaster for them. But it's grinders turn this tournament. So obviously wallsnak does not fill up. It's over. Then you get his brothers hopping over the rail. You get blessed it coming out of like the wherever the heck he was, because he did like the little pregame show. He comes rushing up on the stage like you got all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: It's madness.
Speaker 1: Then they snap and ducked him into the Hall of Fame, like fifteen Hall of Fame. People walk up there and there's like Helmut gets on this whole thing, which which is a phrase like I've never heard before. But he starts talking about what did he say? A battlefield induction. I don't even know what that means. I feel like he just made that up. Yeah, but they snap inducted me. The whole thing was just.
Speaker 4: I would like to know how that all played out, to be honest, Like, was that like a text chain between everyone that's still a round, you know, late late last night, early today, just hey, what do you think of this idea? And then everyone's just signing off on it and they're like, yeah, let's go do it.
Speaker 1: Because we saw we saw a tweet from Helmet saying like you know, would it say? It said something about like we all agree or we're talking about it or whatever like need negra on you, et cetera.
Speaker 4: So just just for those at home, a little bit of you know, behind the scenes stuff that is not grind as trophy, no.
Speaker 1: Trophy.
Speaker 4: So he has been promptly returned to him already, but yeah, it feels like it's something that happened, you know, late last night today. Hey, if this happens, you know he's eligible. He's forty four. This will be his eighth bracelet for PPC title's main event title. What else can this guy do? And you know what I think this secretly does. And like I said, we'd love to find some more. You know, there's a lot of chattah about changing the way the PPC is done, right, we need to put more people in. Maybe this opens the door to changes, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's part of me is like cool, whatever put him in the Hall of Fame. I mean this, this feat fifty KPPC and the wasp Man event in the same year, plus everything else that he's done in poker. Of course on top of that, like, yes, the guy's a Hall of Famer, But it also part of me is like it took a player winning the fifty KPPC and the WSP main event in the same year for them to adjust the rules, even if temporarily. That's what it took. It took this monumental accomplishment for them to change the rules. Yeah, when we've talked at length many times about the you know, the backlog and all this sort of stuff, and it's like, I don't know if this changes things. I also don't think that, like they shouldn't just be like snap inducting like people for crazy reasons like this is this is this is like a one of a kind unique thing. I get it. Yeah, you know, but I'm saying, like, let's say, let's just play Devil's Advocate. You know, I don't know Jeremie Osmus wins two bracelets next year and then they're like, oh, okay, but that's what I'm But I'm just saying I'm just throwing it out there, like it takes like Grinder was going to get in likely in the future. Like even if he didn't win this well with the.
Speaker 3: With the comment system of one person, I don't think he was at all a lock.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, he has to be a lock. It's anyway it was just it was just kind of the way that it all played out, this this entire main event, especially these last couple of days with Grinder, coupled with the fact that he won that fifty k PPC earlier in the summer, the fourth time he's won it. I mean, it was honestly was kind of fitting that they just walked up on stage and gave him the damn trophy and put him into the Hall Fame right then and there, like, you know what, who cares Like part of me says, like the poker industry isn't like an entirely serious, buttoned up industry. I mean that like in a good way, like that we're allowed to do these things. So I think it was kind of cool that. I think it was that everyone came together in basically the last twenty four hours and said, you know what, f it, He's going into the hall.
Speaker 4: I thought it was great that, you know, not everyone's in town, everyone's already worked their way home. You know, they're not here, they're not playing. But you had helm with, you had Jen Harmon, you had Maury. You know, obviously Nick Schulman's in the booth. I saw earlier, Elezra, all these.
Speaker 1: David oppenheimwa if Phil Ivy went up there? He did, John Hennigan went up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you had all these Hall of Famers that we're here just like, you know what, let's make this a really big moment, not just one guy going up, as many of us that are here playing or at least in the vicinity watching, come up and do this and really support Grind and really support this. Uh, you know, as we keep touching on this pretty insane change to the to the current Hall of Fame adding someone you know, very sporadically, very randomly, but I think I think we'll all agree completely well deserved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it just again it goes with the whole the chaos of the summer and the chaos of you know, Michael the Grinder, MS Rocky and everything that he achieved this summer, meaning that like we're gonna this is one of those things, as I said earlier, when we look back on it and let's say fifteen, twenty twenty five years, whatever the heck it is, and we're gonna say, remember that time on Grinder to this part of that part of one of those eighteen things that I say, we can say about this is remember that time they all walked up on stage and inducted him into the Hall of Fame right then and there. Yeah, like, screw the voting process, screw this, screw that he's in the hall. Yeah, like which is which is just absolutely incredible. So I don't even again, I don't really have words for everything that I just witnessed. I mean, it was it was simply incredible. It was simply incredible. You know from start, guys and that guy's pretty incredible to everything's just incredible here. I mean, we're right in the middle of it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but come on, you see camera, you see two guys talking on a microphone.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think you can really see the camera.
Speaker 3: That he's he's half asleep. He literally won't ride here, He's completely.
Speaker 2: Out of it.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: So he picks up his table and takes it out in the back because it was.
Speaker 1: Where does this put grinder in terms of like the legacy conversation or the legend conversation?
Speaker 4: You know, we we we we kind of joked around about the Mount Rushmore and you know, I kind of gave you a little bit of grief for comparing him to Stone called Steve Austin.
Speaker 1: But I mean, by the way, I plugged and he told me grinder was stone called Steve Austin.
Speaker 3: So if chat GPT thinks I mean it, God be true.
Speaker 1: But look, by the way, this is gonna be a future podcast. I thought about it because we're gon we're gonna be coming up on some downtime and we're gonna need some fillers, and we're gonna do a whole list of like these are the top twenty poker players and this is their wrestling.
Speaker 3: You compared to football, compared to every sport.
Speaker 4: Really, look, let's be honest, feel home with Okay, sure concerns its number one. I think you gotta put Phil Ivy number two. I think you got to put down on the ground at number three, even though he has less bracelets this fourth spot, he's doing a lot to put his name on that. I at WSP bracelets full ppc.
Speaker 1: PL.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have a Player of the Year, right, I don't think he won the yeah two WPT titles and now the main event there's not. I don't think there is a better resume, a better all round resume and poker than that. It's going to be really hard to match especially. You know, we can obviously talk about the success of Doyle and Stuey Younger back in the days, but this is also the modern the modern time, the post money Maker era, where the fields are bigger and the players are better. So it is incredibly hard, you know, to really say that anyone is better than is Rahi.
Speaker 3: Who do we have to consider?
Speaker 4: Eric saidel ten WSP bracelets, five or six you know, PGT titles. I think he's got a tried and title, He's got other wins, so he's probably the one that can really challenge Grinder when it comes to this thing. And then I think the other one is Jason Kuhn. Now he doesn't have the WSP you know resume. He has two bracelets, two incredibly good bracelets, right the Heads Up Championship and we've got the fifty k Nolman hold Them roll of this year. But what's he got Eleven triedent titles, He's won the PGT Championship, you know, lots of PGT, he's got EPT titles, high stakes cash games, one of the nicest and best ambassadors the game's got. So I think those three are the legitimate, Like who should be number four, when you're kind of considering post money Maker era and everything that's kind of happening right now.
Speaker 1: I think collectively as an industry, this is I mean, I might get flamed for this, but let's just let's not go too crazy on like the goat conversation, only because I feel like players like Doyle, Brunson, et cetera. They deserve their place on them of course, So I'm just saying, like, let's just not throw Doyle off, for example, Grinder. You know, I'm just saying, like, this is an incredible moment in incredible summer for Grinder.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of it more of a current, not the actual live span of poker, because obviously, yes, I don't think we're going to re removing Doyle anytime soon. I like what we grew up with.
Speaker 1: I like to think of it in the sense that we're never gonna see this type of accomplishment in the span of a summer at the WSP ever again, meaning winning the fifty k PPC and winning the WSP Main Event by far, the two hardest tournaments to win by far, and he won both of them in the same summer. I mean, like, what the hell what the hell just happened? Yeah, I mean, part of like winning the fifty k PPC is obviously obviously you're playing multiple games against the toughest players in the world. But part of that is you have to be able to build up to even spend fifty k to play in the damn thing. Not every like the barrier to entry is a bit greater than a lot of other tournaments. Okay, there's that aspect of things. Then to win the WSP Main Event across ten days of play, I means it's extremely grueling, Like it's a minefield out there. The main Event is such a different beast than everything else. Like you're you're playing largely against unknown commodities, players you've never seen before. You got to figure them out on the fly. You obviously have to run hot at times, yes, but you like you have to play as best as you can play for ten days straight, ten to twelve hours a day. I mean, the whole thing is just Again, if you were to like write this in a movie, I'm not sure that I would believe it. If I were to watch this movie as a poker movie, I'm telling I would say, if this weren't didn't happen in real life. And I watched it as a poker movie, I'd say, yeah, but that would never happen in real life, That's what I would say. And it fucking happened in real life. Like, so, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 4: This whole story, this whole story needs to be a goddamn movie. It would be the most entertaining movie of all generations.
Speaker 1: It really, it really should. I mean, plus you have you know.
Speaker 4: It allopens with them at the Rhino, but you always a monologue from Nick Shulman it's day seven of the main event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you also have grinders, like he's had these crazy ups and down to his entire career. Yeah, you know, like he's he's gone through it all, like he obviously was at he was at the height of the poker when he was one of the biggest names in the game. He was the grinder, Like that's who he was, Like that's how you knew him, when you knew his face was plastered everywhere, like you know everything about it. He was he was larger than life. Then you know, he obviously went through his problems financially and whatever, like a lot a lot of people do, and then he storms back and it's like that's happened multiple times, but now to do it in the WS main event and win ten million dollars.
Speaker 3: Again, what the f just happened?
Speaker 4: I just you know, you can't touch you can't touch on how he had those big highs and he's had the lows.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope there's not more lows. I hope he's I hope he's around. I hope he's competing. You know, we're gonna touch on the PGT later ball a little later bit. I hope he starts playing a little bigger play some of our events, you know, try and you know, ride that rush, you know powerball.
Speaker 1: Okay, part of okay, but part of I know you say, like you don't want him to like go through those ups and downs. But that's part of the authenticity that makes him Michael the Grinderman. Yeah, yeah, okay, is he he is exactly who he is? Yeah, he is the guy who looks like a buffoon, jumping up and down, cheering midhand before he raises, like misreading the final hand of the Dubbsby main event, going out every single night and partying in the midst of this incredible run, like all wearing the bracelet the whole way through. He wore s fifty K bracelet, Like I got a sorry about that. Yeah, but the whole thing is like you like, you don't see that stuff from from like from the big name stars. You don't see that stuff anymore. Yeah, and he is the big name star that did the whole thing. Again, I cannot comprehend what the hell has happened.
Speaker 3: To touch on the briser real quick. There was a little incident with it.
Speaker 1: Oh God, of course there was an incident, and I.
Speaker 3: Have to get sent off to get a little fixed.
Speaker 4: It might have been production when they did the all shoot on day five, you know with all the smoke and stuff. Uh, the one of the little clips you know, like on the watch, one of the one of he's called that that kind of like came loose.
Speaker 3: So they get it like repair.
Speaker 4: They put the bracelet on the link the links so yeah, yeah, and they couldn't get it off, like it wouldn't clip up, like it wouldn't unclipped. But like in the moment they're doing photos, so they like they're rushing, but like they don't and He's just like leave it on wed shoot all the photo. So that's why he's doing all the pictures like this. I'm wondering now, is he I's still wearing it because he wants to, or be he's still wearing it because because they come off. I will see they figured out how to do it once the once the moment kind of you know, calm down, and they could take their time to unclip it, you know, fix the link, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you that. And I did an interview with him, which we're going to play in one second. But after the interview, he's got both bracelets on. He's got the main one, and afterwards Gregorysia shown from w s P, is like trying to take the manim em bracelet off.
Speaker 3: He couldn't take it off, okay, So.
Speaker 1: Grinder was like, I'll just wear it like he's got this two hundred and fifty K bracelet. And they were like yeah, but you know there's a lot of thing out there. What if you Grinds like, it's okay, I got a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people with me. Yeah, he gives none.
Speaker 1: But here's the interview. After Michael the Grinders, Rocky became the world champion and won ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: When did it hit you? When?
Speaker 1: When did you start realizing, like this is really happening. It's all coming.
Speaker 2: Together to tell you the truth. Day one. What's it going to take?
Speaker 1: The closest thing out to mom.
Speaker 5: An houris ft otherwise he's out in hand one and that'll do it.
Speaker 1: Legendary run Kenny, the embrace of the French fans.
Speaker 5: Off the rail, a time it for cook measure and a table for four just became a table for two, no waste or nine.
Speaker 6: That's all it would take and it's over.
Speaker 7: It's unexplainable, like no one never thought. I mean I heard people guys, this is the greatest achievement in poker history. And then you got Jared by I says this is the biggest accomplishment in gambling. That you got Phil Ivery saying this is the biggest accomplishment in sports. So so I heard all the craziest things, so I can't believe I can It's unimagined. Now, the all the thirty three guys came up said this guy deserves a Hall of fame.
Speaker 2: So I love love them all, Thank you so much. It's well deserved.
Speaker 7: I mean I could have waited another year would have motivated me more, maybe hungrier next year.
Speaker 2: But it's okay. I appreciate it, guys. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 7: When I played the Hatikva and I was had all the guys you know, celebrated when I won the PPC. Then I was after the day one chip Day one be chip leader and I had no hands too, and I want all the money in bluffs, no cards over. It's over, right, it's over.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 6: Waiting, it's not over it, Mikey, wait a minute, he.
Speaker 2: Just got board pairs?
Speaker 1: Are we reading the board ron?
Speaker 2: Hang on?
Speaker 7: Oh well, well, it was the craziest thing I've ever seen because after ten days of playing, I don't know, I was black blanked out.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even see it, like the cars.
Speaker 7: I was like what And then at the first I thought he had as a club, so I thought he just had a flush straw. And then I thought he had that nine with an ace kicker. Then he's drawn dead and then they were like remember the crowd said, no, he's got top two. I was like, oh crap, I got he's got four out so that's.
Speaker 2: Not that bad.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh man, I was already celebrating so I was never misread. That's the first time ever misread of him. It was the final hand of those event. I just think I've I've figured out the game very well at a deeper, deeper level to do a lot of creativity that people thinks that no one's ever seen. I've done plays. Even Mercy and Daniel was going crazy. Please tell me what you have? Would you have? Begging me? Mercy said, I can't sleep at night.
Speaker 2: What'd you have? Please? And I told my hands so I can go to sleep.
Speaker 7: It's just it's, uh, it's all instincts and and feel for the game and and and knowing my players hand rangers.
Speaker 2: I think that's everything.
Speaker 7: And that and the in the aggression, no one to bluff, you know, no one to just give up a hand, and uh even know when to face adversity.
Speaker 2: And I just that's what gets me through.
Speaker 7: Or the thirty three guys that inducted me to the Hall of Fame, I appreciate that when I could do with my family and friends. So that's an amazing feeling.
Speaker 2: And thank you guys, Love you guys. Mama grind Or she gets everything. God.
Speaker 7: Her favorite thing is she loves to play slot machine, So I'm gonna give her a lot of money to play some slides. I was at the top of my level this this World Series. I mean, that's it takes everything out of me. And that's why every time I play the World Series, it burns me out.
Speaker 2: But I'm not burnt out. I wish he's still going.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love everything about it. Fact, when I asked him when did he when did he realize that, like this is all happening, and he said day one.
Speaker 3: He didn't mean day one of the main eventyone, day one of you know, May twenty seve I.
Speaker 1: Mean, he's absolutely positively one of a kind. They don't make him like grinder. I feel like I'm going to rewatch this Final table multiple times. This twelve Final Table, well, part of it is like, yes, it was pretty short, you know, almost just under four hour, nineteen hands to nineteen hands today and I believe seventy nine total over the I think it was fifty nine on the first day. Yeah, so yeah, yeah, the first the first day of the Final Table took a little bit under four hours total. Today took about an hour, a little bit under total, So you know, it's easily easily digestible.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I do often go back and watch past final tables, and I feel like this is one of those ones that I'm going to be sucked into watching a few more times. I mean, it was just the whole thing was just wildly incredible from start to finish. I think it's a great result, you know, I think that this was arguably I'm not sure how far I would go back, but I mean just kind of looking through some of these banners here in this room. I mean, it's often hard for me to talk about final tables and compare them to the ones that took place inside the Pen and Teller Theater because even though you may not have gotten like the biggest names or stars or storylines at those final tables, that atmosphere inside Pen and Teller Theater was absolutely electric when the place was packed, everyone had like fifty people in their crowd, like just going nuts like that shit was wildly awesome. So it's hard for me to like go back there and I'd have to think through it more.
Speaker 4: When is the lost Penn and Tell one twenty ten? That's a good question, No, no, no, no ten. Jacobson's Yeah, ke win Keyans was not right.
Speaker 3: Mckeyen's was. I think Jacobson's was the loss.
Speaker 1: No, because didn't didn't keywin beat Gordon vio in Penn and Teller two.
Speaker 4: Thousand and eight was the first, and then twenty and sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keeing because I remember I remember the Gordon vio stuff. I don't know, I can just picture Key winning Gordon Viole like in my mind on the stage. Yeah, and then and then Blumstein moved in. I remember where I was for the Blumstein when I was sitting in the Newark, New Jersey airport, and that one went to like Forever in the morning and I had like a I had like this overnight layover in the airport and I was like, well I just fire up to man. Fuck it. It was because it was on Forever. But like that atmosphere inside that theater was so cool, was just so so cool. So you got any like you got any other kind of lasting thoughts here on on Grinder and the just keep it to the men event for right now. We'll get into the PGG stuff.
Speaker 4: And No, it was, you know, the whole the whole last few days was just kind of unbelievable. Watched He's like, no, there's no way, you know, goes down the three big ones. He's done. You know, there goes one of our big names. Nope, he's still in. He's still in, chipping up, chipping up. Like the story just always seemed like we couldn't believe it, but it just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. You know, you get to the final table on day one and you know we have that big ace King King's hand, He's like, oh, his luck's run out from Ace on the river, you know, like it's.
Speaker 1: Just every he said he felt the ace on the river coming. He said, I didn't feel the ten, but I felt the ace.
Speaker 3: Of course, every day just seemed to level up, like just so much more on the line, so much more tugging at the heart strings of you know, everyone in this room, Like I kind of touched on a bit yesday. The poker players were behind him, you know, a lot of friends, a lot of guys that are playing all these events.
Speaker 4: Here in this bit where we're sitting out, we're rooting for Grinder, and it's it's it's just so hard to believe, and you know, like we're going to be back here next year, you know, talking about the main event, talking about other events and being like, probably still won't be able to believe that Grinder did what he did this world series, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can already see myself back here next year and we're gonna see his banner up on the wall and they're gonna we're gonna look at it and be like, you remember that ship, You remember how crazy that this.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be.
Speaker 4: This has to be AI generated, No way this is true, but yeah, it's gonna be. You know, he'll be, He's bound. I'll be right up there where Jonathan Tomos is. And there's some incredible winter photos to choose from. Good luck WSP picking the right photo, because you're picking a photo to immortalize the moment. And if you look at these banners, you know they're all they're all very similar. They're all holding the bracelet, you know, above the money. You look at Dan Wyman's where he's leaning on the money.
Speaker 1: I like the I like the like over the money, which Grinder has one of those.
Speaker 4: I think that could be the I think that's the photo they should use for Grinder to be I like.
Speaker 1: Those photos the best. I don't like the ones that are like Johnson Scott Blumstein where you're just standing there like holding the cards in the like, I like like like, grab that fucking money. It's that's yours. Yeah, but that is yours. Shit, grab it, like, let's go, grab it, pick it up, bring it home.
Speaker 4: Singing to the Jamie gold one where that he was leaning on the twelve million dollars, just like all of it, like slackdown, Wyman.
Speaker 3: Those were Yeah, they're probably the best one in the sound.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right. Well part of Michael the Grinder and Rocky winning the ten thousand dollars WSUP main event here in twenty twenty five is he is the new number one on the PGT leaderboard. You put him as the new number one. You did the leaderboard calculations, you sorted them, and you said, you looked at me and you said, guess who's the new number one.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize he was.
Speaker 4: Okay, Look, we've made changes to the system because players have like kind of mentioned, hey, the winner of the main event stion and go to the top.
Speaker 3: I agreed, we made adjustments.
Speaker 4: But when you win the fifty k PPC and the main event, it's pretty hard not to be a top he is now the leader two hundred and fifty points. I spoke to Jared but Lesnik I said, hey, by the way, he's now in the championship. This is before today, you know, when there was fall left. So by the way, Mazerah, he's in the championship. You need to get him down. The studio is that he's not going to come play the anything I'm like, but he's qualified for the free role. He needs one more cash because we need three cashs to qualify, and he's said, oh okay, maybe I'll get him down there for something. But now he's the top. He's ahead of Alex foxhen by one hundred and eighteen points. Obviously two cashes. We know Alex Fox and he's going to be firing hard for the rest of the year. He's got seventeen cash. He's going to catch up. Moving down John Wasnock, he's seventh place one cash. You have Braxton done Away in ninth, you have Kenny Hallard in fourteenth. However, the biggest mover from the main event was without Dad Adam Hendrix four cashes this PGT season. He's now sixth place with fifteen hundred and three points guaranteed. I say that guaranteed a seat in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Now it's more of a question of where does he want to position himself on the leaderboard coming into the million dollar free role. And for Grinder, what a chatter this week about him not winning the Player of the Year, Right, you know what player of the year title? He could win the GGT Player of the Year and the fifty K bonus he gets for winning that. So look if Jared Blesnik or Chino, one of his close friends that plays our events can convince Grinder. You know, we've got a plow series coming up that's right up his alley. We've got a bounty series coming up, We've got Pokemasters, We've got all these events come down, get that cash, make a run at you know, locking up your own PGT Player of the Year award.
Speaker 1: At this rate, I just expect him to win PGG Player.
Speaker 3: Of the Year. He'll play one event win.
Speaker 1: That's the whole The whole thing is just absolutely positively crazy.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I do want to mention one thing, but we're not going to really talk about it. I just want to mention it, and that is that we have some breaking news.
Speaker 8: Is breaking News says that Asie Millions is returning.
Speaker 3: I know, I just remember.
Speaker 1: So we just got that. Well, we'll talk about it a little bit more on a future pod. But you know, somebody dropped it into a chat with me. It's made it into our our little w s P chat. So Ausie Millions returning, Stay tuned for more on that, Tim and I will we'll digest this little if they'll have us back at Crown. I am fucking in. Okay, I am, I am in. If I can go, if I can go to that food court, meet my guy who always remembered me every single time. I always remembered me, always always remembered me. I'll go there. I'll order my fruit bowl, maybe my little kishe you know, double espresso maybe.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: What do I usually get to?
Speaker 2: Flat?
Speaker 1: Flat white? No long, not long black? I got a long block all the time. Go to that little sushi joint with has a little single rules. That place was eleade to the whole, the whole I'm sending all right, So we'll talk about that at the future date. Obviously we want to have some more details come out, but it sounds like Allsie Millions back. It's gonna be back, baby, and yeah, you got anything else for me when the main event?
Speaker 3: No, talk a little bit about some other events for us.
Speaker 1: Okay, because it is I forgot.
Speaker 4: It is the last day, but there is a plus also just going on so the fans know.
Speaker 1: I think we'll do a podcast tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna done tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Ship all right, Well when can you do a podcast?
Speaker 3: I'm back on Tuesday. I think on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: That's way too long.
Speaker 3: You could do a solid.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll do a solo just just to just because there's there's a couple. I mean, they just moved the spy and they're still about the twenty five k horse happening the closer Super Turble, so there's still stuff happening. Yeah, but on that quickly I am. I am pro having other events run during the main event. I obviously think that it's a smart decision revenue wise. Yeah. I also like giving everyone that's here more stuff to play. But I do think that the last day, the final card Dell should be the final hand of the main event and then we should be Finito Seal eight. Yeah, like that's what I think should happen. So you know, I this this stuff because I mean also like we all kind of go home, like everyone's kind of like, all right, it's done, but it's not done, so it's kind of tricky.
Speaker 4: So anyway, continue, Yeah, let's go real quick. We got the twenty five K horse high Roller over there. That's down to five players playing for eight hundred and eighty three K. Toby lewis run rapping the toss event looking for a little bit of vengeance here, Brian Rass, not cha Rivera.
Speaker 1: Well, they only needed to switch the first game, yea.
Speaker 3: Ryan Miller.
Speaker 4: Brian Rass also has a bricelet going for a second brcelet for the summer, the three K PLR. It was won by dan Zach. That happened late last night. Yep, dan Zach. Another bracelet that he defeated Zach Swartz, a pgt PLO series winner. So dan Zach, congratulations. Another bracer the fifteen hundred Closer. That's down to eighteen players playing for six hundred and forty eight K. Donny will recap that they just moved the table in here. This is the five K no limit hold him and the number one Pokego podcast fan David Odi B. Baker is the chip leader going for his second bracelet of the summer nine point four million.
Speaker 3: He's got a massive shoutout, massive mass.
Speaker 4: He does have a message over Paddy Lions world famous Pat Lions. Who's in second, Brandon Wilson, Andreosopachenko, Sam Laskowitz and Bryan Altman amongst the final I.
Speaker 1: Feel like we haven't seen Sam laskowitch much of him the summer. Obviously has new baby, but you know, really haven't seen him doing anything on the felt so good for him to close the series strong.
Speaker 4: And Event one hundred, the final event of the World Series nineteen hundred and thirty five players in the one K turbo sound to one hundred and eleven players. That's going to wrap up. They'll probably finish before all. He's actually and shot for he's the current chip later first prize is two hundred and thirty seven K. So obviously a few more events happening. We have a Player of the Year that needs to be confirmed. Although the front Rono came and gave me the middle finger and said, fuck you, I want to know that. I'm like, it ain't finished it. Buddy grind is going to register the one K. He's like, no, the Restrutians already closed, so I'm just just kidding up beside. No dude, and I checked. I was like, what do you mean you checked? So we'll kind of touch a bit more on that, gentleman. And if he, you know, being potentially a winning player of.
Speaker 1: The year, alrighty, well, that's going to do it for us. Our final podcast from here inside the Horseshoe. It was a pleasure to be bringing this to you every single damn day, fifty one days in a row, I believe, is what we ended up doing. We did video, we achieved what we set out to do, met a lot of good listeners. Oh yeah, wait, hold on, one more thing. Your hats.
Speaker 4: The hats, the hat's we're wearing. Twenty five left. We want you to email us. What's that email again?
Speaker 1: Podcast? Thank you dot com.
Speaker 4: The first twenty five people that send us an email with their address, we will send you a hat. Unfortunately US only, so if you're from Australia, bad luck. If you're from Zimbabwe, bad luck. If you're from Poland, Poland, bad luck. US only twenty five hats left. First twenty five that email us, we'll get one of those. Will probably take a week before we send them out. But yeah, thank you for all the support this summer. It's been fun. It's been fun meeting all of you, fun, giving on hats and finding you out in the field, hearing your stories about you know, the bad beats and the luck of the hat and all that stuff. So we appreciate every one of you, guys, and look forward to doing this a.
Speaker 3: Bit more for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: We'll all move back to our more regular cadence of once a week, you know, same channel, same podcast, catches all that sort of stuff. But so don't expect the daily stuff. Maybe we'll come a little bit more frequently, which depending on what's happening in the poker world. But you know, for right now, we're really gonna just try and move back to once a week, talk about the news, talk about the PGT, all of that sort of good stuff. Anything else for me, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Got one more thing. You guys can see the set right, beautiful set. God, But we're throwing it out. We'll not the expensive stuff like the LED I would hope not the LED panels. We're keeping some of this other stuff. It's a little junkie and I've been given I've been given clearance, been given clearance.
Speaker 3: To hit something.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're gonna end the world series with a bang, literally a bang, literally a bang. So I've been giving the okay, there's a TV over there that's going the dumpster at seven years old.
Speaker 3: Jesus, We're gonna put this sledge. First of all, they said this is a sedge hammer. I was expecting twenty seven hammer. Yeah, it's a hammer.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna go put a little hole on a TV to end this podcast on a bang. He's gonna bring the camera. I'm gonna put these meta glasses on from a photographer. See if I can record.
Speaker 3: Sometime the scenes things. We'll see how this because I can record video on this. All right, this is how we are gonna end the podcast. Thanks for all listening, guys, And let's close this seem duckworth.
Speaker 1: I'm Johnny Peters, and I guess you're gonna go smash something. I think, so let's let's stop.
Speaker 9: Okay, Retnight, Chenny Express, Retnit, Chenny Express. Okay