Speaker 1: Your morning news on the way to work and all day in fault check in throughout the day. Fifty five krc D Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Eight o five fifty five kr ce D Talk Station Any Very Happy Wednesday, just tuning in. You are tuning in at the right time because it is time for an hour of logic and reason, brought to you by Congressman Thomas Massey, followed by Judge Jenninapolitano. Congressman Massy, it is always my justting pleasure to have you on the program, sir.
Speaker 1: Great to be on the show with you this morning, Brian.
Speaker 2: We did a lot of discussion yesterday about the unfolding situation in Syria, and that was the first topic that we're gonna be talking about this morning. And there's no love loss for yshar al asade I don't know a human being on the planet that thought he was a great guy. That is a good thing. He was empowered, obviously a ruthless dictator, killed hundreds of thousands and people, tortured tens of thousands of people. He's now gone. But what happens now in the aftermath with the rebel forces taking over the country. Aren't these rebels made up and comprised of largely Islamic fundamentalists.
Speaker 1: Well, the person in charge now is the head of a terrorist organization designated as a terrorist organization by the US government. And so we've got the ironic situation where people in America, in our State Department, are celebrating their success in installing a terrorist organization at the head of a sovereign country. I mean, meanwhile, we've been meddling there for over a decade YEA. I was elected in twenty twelve and took office in November twenty twelve, and by the spring of twenty thirteen, I was already offering bills and resolutions to get us out of Syria. And we had a vote. We were going to have a vote when Obama was president on whether to go to war in Syria to put US tree Tros there, and people rallied around the United States and said, we don't want a war in Syria. So we didn't do a war in Syria. But what happened, and I've got to put I'm doing air quotes right now at my desk here in DC. According to The New York Times, we spent a billion dollars on a clandestine program in Syria after refused to vote to go to war there. According to the New York Times air quotes, we basically undertook an operation to destabilize Asad in Syria, and it was multi year, multiprong operation. When Trump came into office, Pompeo basically reversed a lot of that, and then it all went back into place after Biden took over. And frankly, I would say probably when when Trump was there, it didn't complete stop either. I mean, the State Department, the Deep State was not going to be deterred by mere surface nuisance, i e. Elected officials. They kept on with this, and meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of Christians were displaced in this country. And I'm not saying that you know that we shouldn't worry about the other people who were affected by meddling over there. We absolutely should. But Christians in the United States who might find themselves cheering this recent development, need to understand. As you said, Assad was not a nice guy, but the Christians were much better off over there under him.
Speaker 2: He protected them because he was an allow eight or whatever. His minority group was ten percent of the population. But he protected his crew. But he also provided protection for Christians. So yeah, I mean, you're gonna have to break this down for me because I'm really confused. Didn't the Iranians support the be Charles Sade regime? Or have I got that up side down?
Speaker 1: No? That's correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, So wait a second. Biden administration and Obama all about supporting the Iranians. We gave them billions of dollars, gave them, you know, truckloads of money, literally pallets of money, lightened sanctions on the Iranians, I suppose, with the hope that they wouldn't develop a nuclear weapon. How is it that by helping the Iranians in that way but then trying to undermine Syria, which the Iranians support, And was there an end game contemplated when we were spending billions of dollars trying to undermine the Bashar Ali Shad regime? I mean, what were we hoping to accomplish by doing that? Did we not think about what would happen if he did fault? Like what's happening right now?
Speaker 1: Well? I think that Syria and Assad was just a pawn in a much larger global game here. And this is why they won't tell you what our goals are because they don't want you to know the goals. But now that they're celebrating, you can see what they're celebrating. They're celebrating an embarrassment to Runrussia because Russia was also one of the supporters of ASAD. And again they were in there, not particularly because they ideologically care about ASAD or any of the things going on there. This was a proxy, proxy hot war, not a Cold War, but a continuation, i would say, of the Cold War, or reigniting of the Cold War. And it was a proxy hot war civil war in Syria with American interests on one side, although I'm not sure what they were other than opposing Iran in Russia and Russia and Iranian interests on another side, although I'm not sure what those were other than opposing America. And in the meantime, you've got millions of people who were suffering. So I think the people there are a lot of people in Syria who are just glad that it's over to some degree, but we don't know what's coming next. This terrorist organization that's running Syria at this point, again designated by our own State Department, the ones who did this as a terrorist organization they started with al Qaeda. Now they say they've severed their ties to al Qaeda and al Ustra and all this and that and the other thing. But they're still comprised of the same rebels that they were when they were al Qaeda. So it'll be interesting to see what comes next. Maybe maybe the trains will run on time, maybe the buses will run, maybe the shops will be open. But we'll see. It's not worked out well in other countries. And meanwhile, get ready, we're going to hear all of these reasons why we need to take more refugees into this country from the Middle East because of what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, well, yes, like day following night, that of course will be the reality there. Going back to your earlier comment though, because this is a subject matter the ju Judge and I talk about all the time, Judge and Politano, you said earlier on that there was a vote on whether we would be entering into war with Syria. Was that a vote to declare war like is required the constitution or was it was it a vote to just sort of like authorization for use of military force, which I think is extra constitutional.
Speaker 1: Well, it was going to be the extra constitutional variety at AUMF. But here's what happened. Obama threw it to Congress, and Pelosi was all in. John Bayner was all in. I suppose the leaders in the Senate were all in. But we received one hundred phone calls a day each congressional office from our own constituents, which is a record. I mean, this past week, there was one day I received no phone calls from any constituents to my office. So to get a hundred phone calls as remarkable. Now, I know, I just invited at least three dozen phone calls on my staff today, which is fine. We were listening. Operators are standing by. But we had one hundred phone calls a day for a solid week, and everybody wanted us not to vote to go to war or to do the AUMF and Syria. So what they did is the voe never happened. They quietly didn't vote on it at all because they knew American support wasn't there for it. And then they quietly, according to the New York Times, undertook a secret war in Syria.
Speaker 2: Wow, which doesn't surprise me. We have our fingers literally everywhere around the globe for reasons that are mysterious and unknown to me.
Speaker 1: So and one more thing about the mysterious and the unknown. The timing of this, Look, who's going to be the head of d and I Tulci Gabbard. She's the one who, along with me, was famously opposed to our meddling there. She even went to Syria, she visited Syria, and now she's being named into this cabinet. And Trump is the one during his administration we had troops there. He tried to pull our troops out, and then the deep state tried to go after him for that, tried to say, you can't do that. We had votes in Congress. The timing of this is I think as soon as the November election results we're in and Trump was declared the winner, our deep state and some of our global allies went into overdrive to bring this to to you know, consummate the overthrow before Trump could get in there or Tulsi Gabbart or some of the other people who have questioned this policy of overthrowing aside. I mean, if a turtle gets on a fence post, it didn't get there by by accident, right exactly? This cool. The timing here is remarkable and I'm going to call it for what it is. They just got this done before Trump could get in there and stop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. And real quick here, I'm reminded of Afghanistan when the Russians went into Afghanistan. That was back when they were the Soviet Union, and we you know, the enemy of my enemy is my friends. We would fund the Majahhadeen to fight the Russians, which made us look good. But then again, when the Russians get kicked out, that leaves the power void, and then the Majah Hiden then becomes the enemy of us, right, and we ended up fight fundamental as terrorists. And it's just it's a Charlie foxtrot. If I may be so bold as to call it that, Can I just ask it real briefly because we're gonna take a break, I'm go and bring it back talk about the topics. But did we miss an opportunity with the fall of the Berlin Wall and the fall of the Soviet Union to just sort of make good and play nice with the Russians and start, you know, maybe perhaps trading with them rather than just viewing them as the Soviet Union just under different guys, did we miss an opportunity? Because we've been playing nice with the Chinese, much to the Chinese benefit, since Nixon was in office. And look what happened to them. I mean, they did not become a capitalist country. They became our mortal enemy. Yet we still continue to trade with them. But I just didn't see that unfolding in Russia in the fall the Soviet Union.
Speaker 1: We didn't just miss an opportunity, We poisoned the well by expanding NATO. We told them, okay, you do this, you concede everything to us, you make nice, we'll trade with you, and we won't expand NATO. And then what do we do. We just keep expanding NATO. And that's frankly, what Ukraine was about. So you're right, we missed an opportunity, but we also poisoned the well. And it's a shame because our real competitors in this next century are China is, China here and whatever alliance they can build, and they're working over time to do that, and we should be aligned with Russia, frankly, instead of being fighting them, because China is it's ten times the power that Russia is. Whether you as you're economically or other than nuclear weapons. In every other category, China is a bigger threat than Russia.
Speaker 2: And like us, their fingertips are all over the globe and growing more and more every day. Take a look at Africa and China's involvement there where there are a whole bunch of natural resources that they're after. We'll bring back Congress from Assi. Brief word here for my friend John Roman to cover. Since the in his entire team, who can help me get better medical insurance, better medical insurance coverage for less money sounds impossible. I know that you can save thirty to sixty percent with better coverage by talking to the team cover since what you do is just get in touch them and they'll look at what you've got. Individual breakdown of you. If you've got a business, a small business like twelve, fifteen, twenty five employees, to look at each and every employee. John and the team are working for you. They're like a fiduciary obligation to you, not some insurance company. They work with hundreds of insurance companies, thousands of policies, so they're basically stack policies to give you dollar one coverage and cover the real concerns that you're going to have medically for less money, so save money, get better insurance. I know it sounds impossible. That's why I say it's a free call. You know, no obligation to you. Just initiate the conversation. You'll be glad you did five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five. Fill out the form online and learn more. It's cover sincy dot com.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station. For more information about contests on.
Speaker 3: There is channel nine first one and onether forecasts a little bit of know excuse me after a three pm spotty snow they're calling at thirty four for the high toda eight out of eighteen overnight, twenty nine for the high tomorrow, sunny sky clouds overnight a few of them, twenty two for the low, and a cloudy Friday with a higher forty three.
Speaker 2: It's thirty one right now, in time for traffic.
Speaker 4: From the uc helth Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why the U S Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, it's the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at u S Health dot com he's.
Speaker 4: Found one twenty nine lanes of block, but before it's Cincinnati Dayton Road thanks to an accident that traffic backing up past seven forty seven southbound seventy one. They cleared the wreck on the ramp for west two seventy five, still working east to seventy five's ramp to northbound seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey twenty one Fluth Carsee talk station Brian Thomas with one of the few good ones we've got an elected capacity, Congressman Thomas Massey, and God bless the folks in the Commonwealth of Kentucky for bringing you back. He's a good man. He knows what he's talking about. Back when we had COVID and we were all being lied to, we effectively had martial law declared, even without declaring it. I know we have the free exercise of religion guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution the United States of America, along with the right to assembly, freedom of assembly, and yet those were taken away by government officials. And at the time they did it, I was screaming in the radio what you can't tell people? They are not allowed to be running around on the streets. But yet we had that. And apparently Chad Cronister, who was selected by President ELEC. Donald Trump to serve as the Drug Enforcement Administration administrator, did just that. He participated in this ridiculous Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ordered the arrest of a pastor. And as you know, the chief law enforcement officer for a county the sheriff. The sheriff, by the way, is your last line of defense when somebody's trying to violate the constitution, and if the sheriff will stand up for you, you can stop all sorts of bad things, even coming from the federal But instead of standing up and protecting constitution, he went right along with the lockdowns, ordered the arrest of a pastor. You know, we had this nonsense in Kentucky. Our own governor Andy Basheer sent the state troopers out to write down license plates and send them into local health authorities and put notices on windows and try to intimidate people into not going to church. But this sheriff in Florida did the same thing, and unfortunately, I don't think they vetted him fully. And to Trump's credit, maybe the sheriff himself the sheriff issued a press release saying I'm withdrawing my name. But Trump came out and said, no, I withdrew you're thinking for this. But that's not all that this sheriff did. I mean, in twenty twelve, this sheriff gave thousands of dollars to Obama. Okay, I presume he's a Republican now or Trump wouldn't have picked him. But somebody needs to vet that kind of stuff. And also, he had a de facto, de facto COVID vaccine mandate in his office because he said, if you get sick, if you're one of my deputies and you get sick and you need time off, we're not paying for it if you haven't had the vaccine. But if you've taken the vaccine, we'll pay for it. So he was all around bad guy. I went out on social media. I asked my staff because I get fact checked. I mean I get fact checked every day. People would just love to catch me being wrong. Unfortunately it doesn't happen because I checked my facts before I go out. We researched all this stuff on this guy, and within hours of him being named for this position, I went on a speaking of Syria, I went on a jihad to expose this guy. We cannot let him be in the DEA, the drug enforcement agency. He can't be running. That's he's a bad law enforcement officer. So went out on social media, got three million views on the tweet where I said he should be disqualified for the things that he's done. And again, to his credit, Trump's said, after the public outcry, this is one instance where the people spoke and it mattered. You didn't have to go to the ballot box. People said no, we don't want this guy and all the wrongs. Yeah, and Trump said, yep, you're right, We're taking his name off the list. So hats off to the people.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, two guys that are on a list anyway, not going to be getting a government salary, not going to be enjoying the benefits of government, but you know, benefits of Viva elon musk and Viva Gramma swimming. They're going to be sitting down. I just kind of have this vision of them being in some unused government office building, pouring through the books and just saying unnecessary wrong, no misspent, and just handing over to Congress to see what they do and so we can identify the good guys and bad guys see where they cut. They make great recommendations. I assume they're going to and they'll point out the flaws and the and the government waste and abuse and see and see what elected officials do about it. What's your take on this Doge thing, Well.
Speaker 1: The Doge Committee, I tell people, it's like the Constitution. If you can get my colleagues to follow it, great, but if they don't, you're in trouble because the Doatch Committee needs executive action and more importantly, it needs Congressional action to cut these programs, to de authorize this craziness. Although what I've observed in my twelve years is that we don't even have the spine or the wherewithal to defund one toner cartridge at the FBI when they do something bad and they won't give us answers. Instead of saying we're not going to pay for your copier machine there and office one AB, we say here's a new building to conduct your malfeasance in, and we build them a new building. So, and by the way, I tweeted that, because Congress takes over on January third, and the President is sworn in on January twentieth. We have seventeen days to pile up a stack of good bills on his desk so that on his first day, I know he's going to do a lot of executive actions or more importantly, undo a lot of ad executive activity from Biden. He should be able to sign legislation that we have already done. And so I tweeted that, and Vivek texted me. We go back, you know, we text back and forth, and he said, which bills are you talking about? And I was like, Wow, I need to think about this, don't I before I send a tweet? So I said, the Rains Act is the first one that the Doge Committee should be after. That would save so much money because if and by the way, we've here's the other good thing about the Rains Act. Regulations of the executive in need of scrutiny? Is it what it is? If there's a if there's an administrative rule that's being promulgated that costs more than one hundred million dollars to our economy or to our government or them combined, then it has to come back to Congress for a votes. It's not rulemaking yeah, it's lawmaking at that point. Let's draw the line in the sand. And that would be so great. It would stop so many regulations that that shouldn't be promulgated because they're basically laws. It would be the administrative branch overstepping their authority and costing money to the government and to the people. So that's the one that I sus proposed to evade. That's like the first one we should do. And the good news about the Rains Act is it's already been through committee. It's already been marked up in at least two different congresses that I know of, because it's come through actually my subcommittee on Regulatory Reform on the Judiciary Committee. So we we already had a hearing on this, we marked it up, we passed it in the House. So I know on January third, we're going to have.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's ready.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have some new Yeah, we're gonna have some new Congressmen. But they can vote on this thing. It's been fully vetted. And then let's put that on send it to the Senate first of all, and shame them. Shame them.
Speaker 2: This is that you see, that's what they see. The benefits of the dog. They can't do anything themselves, but correct they can point it out and when they when and when they and when they do nothing congress or senators say no, no, no, we can't cut that program. That's gonna end my stage bottom line. Then we know who the bad guys are and we can publicly shame them. And you'll be right at the forefront of the public shaming. Congressman Thomas Massey, judge, and Paulton is listening in on you right now, getting ready to queue.
Speaker 1: Him up left. Judge, I know you do that. He loves you too.
Speaker 2: We all love each other because yeah, we talk common sense and it's a rare commodity these days until we get to speak again, and I doubt it'll before the end of the year. So Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, best of health and a happy new year, and we'll hit the ground running after the first of the year.
Speaker 1: Congressman Massy, Merry Christmas to you and your listeners. And Joe Strecker there, who you're probably going to make work during the Christmas break even if you're not there.
Speaker 2: His vacation time is up to him. But I won't be around. God bless you, Thomas Massy. We'll talk real soon. Nine fifty five k's de talk station. The Judge is up next.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC. Last year, flu in COVID hospitalized nearly one million