Speaker 1: You're listening to bill handle on demand from KFI A six forty KFI handle.
Speaker 2: Here. It is a June thirtieth, Monday, last day of June.
Speaker 1: We're looking at some of the stories.
Speaker 2: Well, the jury is hearing and we'll start deliberating today hearing, I think jury instructions now in the Sean did he Coomb's trial and they start deliberating, We're gonna probably wait with baited breath on that one. And the big beautiful bill is now being voted on segments of it. Amendments is what the Senate is considering, and we'll see how many actually go over the line, actually make it and go over the line. So that's going to be they'll be voting all day on this one. Okay, going back to what Israel did and the attack on Tehran and the nuclear facilities that Iran has. Even for Israel, this one was a stunner. Now, Israel has a reputation of having the most well equipped, best trained military in the Mid East, and it is by a long shot, and there are reasons for it, one of them being that this is a country knows that if it loses one war, it is done.
Speaker 1: It's finished.
Speaker 2: That's tough, and also it is a country that has was created out of the ashes of the Holocaust, and this is why the attack on October seventh was so fundamentally viscerally devastating for Israel. That was the largest number of Jews that were killed in one single operation since the Holocaust. Okay, so keep that in mind as we talk about this in What Israel Did.
Speaker 1: So a little bit of history.
Speaker 2: Here, midnight June thirteenth, Israel generals are in a bunker beneath Israeli Air Force headquarters and they're watching as Israeli jets are coming into Tehran in an operation they call Red Wedding.
Speaker 1: Figure out the names.
Speaker 2: A few hours later and one thousand miles away, Iran's top military commanders were dead, all in one fell swoop. Top military commanders completely dead. It was a combination of intelligence for information and military precision precision that even experts military experts around the world were surprised. But it wasn't the only success during Israel's twelve day campaign. Another part of the attack was called Operation Narnia.
Speaker 1: And this is after the book and after C. S.
Speaker 2: Lewis, you know that series, And what it did is successfully kill nine top Iranian nuclear scientists almost simultaneously at their home at different parts of the city, and they were able to knock them out.
Speaker 1: So what a huge success. It nearly fell apart.
Speaker 2: It really was a huge gamble that had more of a chance of losing than winning. And what this did has helped Cement, not that it needed it, but Israel is the dominant military power in the region, and this is what Israel is thinking, and it makes sense. Israel hopes that this will be a realignment of countries away from the Iranian influence and set up friendly their relations with Israel. Keep in mind, when the attack October seventh happened, Israel was on the cusp of normalizing relations with Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 1: And if Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 2: Goes in terms of normalizing relations, the rest of the Middle East follows suit. I mean, they just fall into line. Well, which would not Syria, right, Siri's under new government, how about Lebanon, his blaws wiped out. Hamas will never agree to a relationship with Syria. They'll go to the last man. And look what's happening over there. I mean, I think what Israel is doing is a crime. I think they are I think Israel's committee war crimes with what's happening over there. But at the same time, it doesn't matter how many people die, Hamas will will gladly lose ninety five percent of the population and have people have no place to live. Not to make sure it doesn't engage with Israel. Well, keep in mind, you know, Hamas is a millet as a political power, and they always had a military wing. Hamas as a political power was founded on the concept of the destruction of Israel. I mean, that's how many political parties are created for the destruction of a country that is adjoining it. Well, that's Kamas, so uh Israel and actually other countries are saying, okay, maybe we're going to sign new peace accords following Tehran. People are more afraid of Tehran. Countries around that region are more afraid of Teyon Tehran than they ever are of Israel. Israel is not interested in taking over that part of the world and making it a Jewish world. Iran is interested in taking over that part of the world and creating its own theocracy. Now, in terms of the success of the attack, even some Israeli officials were surprised at how their plans, which date back more than a decade. Most of this was in the planning stage for over a decade. Israel plays not only the short game, but the long game. Much what happened for example in Lebanon Hezbolah, remember the pager.
Speaker 1: Story where Israel, first of all, Hazbolah was not using phones.
Speaker 2: They decided they couldn't use cell phones because those conversations could be picked up, so they went to pagers.
Speaker 1: Well, what Israel did.
Speaker 2: Is take its time, knowing the pagers were involved, created a company that then distributed pagers and got a contract with Hesbelah to provide thousands of pagers, which Hesbolah then turned around and gave to its operatives and its leaders, and Creel just waited and then one fell swoop out came the signal, and these little pagers, which had been manufactured with explosives in them, all went off at the same time, thousands of them, simultaneously, blowing ears off, blowing heads off, I mean, just decimating. Has been a leadership and its operatives very much the long game.
Speaker 1: That's what Israel does.
Speaker 2: So a lot's going on going back, and this is a great story because this is an analysis of what happened when Israel attacked Tehran, with the United States, of course, attacking the nuclear facilities. So even Israel was surprised at the success of its attack on Tehran, taking out all of its air defenses, I mean, just wiping out so much of its military, and frankly, the Israeli officials were surprised.
Speaker 1: They were kind of stunned.
Speaker 2: How these plans, some of them going back more than a decade.
Speaker 1: As I told you, Israel plays a long game. How it all came together. And the reason all of these.
Speaker 2: High administrative people in Tehran. You've got these scientists that were all killed simultaneously, nine of them. You had commanders of the Iranian forces all being killed. And here's why Israel had to hit all of them at once. If they didn't, they would scatter and the retaliation against Israel will be far stronger.
Speaker 1: The point is there was nobody there, there was no leadership.
Speaker 2: Israel took it out, and of course they're going to respond and they have to come together. But when you wipe out the leadership and won't one fell swoop, it takes time to put it together again. Now this gets interesting because this goes back to the mid nineteen nineties when Israel intelligence first identified the Iranian attempts to build that nuclear weapons program, and from the nineteen nineties, Israel is now building a network of agents inside Iran.
Speaker 1: To facilitate the sabotage.
Speaker 2: Causing explosions twice at one of the main enrichment sites, assassinating some scientists, and then doing that cyber attack.
Speaker 1: But Israeli authority said that's not enough.
Speaker 2: We have to destroy this nuclear program because Nettagnan who and others have said, you cannot let Iran have the bomb. Iran has the bomb and unloads it on Tel Aviv. Israel's basically over. So Israel now has to attack one thousand miles away. So pilots had to learn how to fly in formations of six to ten aircraft around a single tanker plane taking turns to refuel. It's never been done multiple times. They had to learn to position the planes perfectly so that the missiles when they were dropped would land within fifteen to twenty seconds of each other, and they had to be right on point. And they couldn't train in Israel because Israel is just not that big as two hundred miles top to bottom and east to west. If you go to before the West Bank, it's twelve miles is the thinnest.
Speaker 1: Part of Israel. It's a country that is twelve miles wide at one point.
Speaker 2: So in two thousand and eight, in what was called Operation Glorious Spartan I love these names, one thousand, f fifteens and f sixteens went flying to Greece testing their ability to do this.
Speaker 1: Over the next several.
Speaker 2: Years, Israel came pretty close to launching an Aratag air attack, but Natinnahu kept on being voted down by ministers and security chiefs fearful of starting a war or angering Washington because they do nothing without Washington's approval, and the military planners kept on gaining. The attack just kept on going, including attacking Hamas and Gaza, which they did, Hesbela and Lebanon, which they did, and then flying over Syria, which they didn't have to do because as the Assad government collapsed. So October seven, Israel spends almost two years decimating Hamas.
Speaker 1: It's still happening as we speak.
Speaker 2: I had weakened Hesbelah, who's for some crazy reason, decided to attack Israel just in solidarity with Hamas.
Speaker 1: Some genius figure that one out.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, Israel came back and wiped out a good part of Hesbelah. Israeli spy networks inside I Run were tracked the movement of the military leaders and set up drone bases inside the country so they could launch drones against military installations, ballistic ballistic muscle, muscle, missile launching launching sites, air defense systems. I mean, this thing was crazy. They spent years and bringing in pieces of the drones in suitcases, in containers, in trunks of cars. Israel had infiltrated Iran over the last twenty thirty years to the point where it knows or it knew everything that was going on, even knew where the scientists were. And there was a real problem going on with the scientists because somehow they got win that something was up, and they started to scatter and Israel said, oh no, nope, nope, And an amazing bit of luck, they all came together to meet in one place, all of these senior scientists to discuss what would happen and how the Iranian nuclear program would keep on going in the event of whatever attack. And Israel knew where they met, where they were meeting Boom one missile went into that building and wipe them out. I had to tell you it's an extraordinary story of what Israel did and they were able to pull it off. You know, obviously I'm pro Israeli, but I tell you you don't want to screw around with Israel. You really don't. Militarily, it just doesn't bode well. I mean, talk to Kamas, which is still fighting. They still I won't give up the hostages. You got me on that one, all right. I want to share with you what happened on Saturday while I was doing handle on the law. Now, Neil will tell you, because I've known Neil the longest here, and Neil will tell you that I've from day one he met me thirty years ago, that I'm always groping for words that I forget where I am that Frankly, my cognitive abilities are somewhat limited, and I don't have to worry about the fact they're recently that bad. They've always been that bad. So it's not really a question of aging. Except what happened on Saturday morning. Well, during the course of the breaks, I walk around because I am bored, silly, already read the papers, and so I just walk around. So I'm doing handle on the Law just as I am the show on Saturday morning, and I went to look at my notes for Saturday night, my m scene to make.
Speaker 1: Sure I got all the pieces of music that we're.
Speaker 2: On so I could announce everything, and I forgot I was doing the show.
Speaker 1: Completely forgot.
Speaker 2: I was doing the show, and all of a sudden, I'm going, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I went in and I talked.
Speaker 2: To Sam, Sam, how long have you been playing this bumper music? Three minutes? I came back, answered one question on handling Law. Someone asked me a question, Bill, what do I do? No, And I went right into, hey, thanks for listening everybody. I just completely forgot. Okay, So with that in mind, I've never done that. By the way, With that in mind, let me tell you about a study that just came out by the pre kind of preventative Preventive Medicine Research Institute, and.
Speaker 1: It talks about cognitive decline.
Speaker 2: For example, forgetting you're doing a radio show and going oh oh, I'm on the air live and having people listen to three minutes a bumper music, which I'm assuming we lost one or two listeners during the time. And what the research shows is that lifestyle changes actually improved or stabilized brain function in patients with early stage Alzheimer's disease. And how do you tell if someone has Alzheimer's disease. There's tests for it, for example, doing a radio show and forgetting you're on the air. That's one of the tests that proves Alzheimer's disease. So I love talking about studies because this is science.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: There's occasionally I'll do an anecdotal store story, but I have to tell you it's anecdotal. I've heard or this is what people are saying, and I always point out that it's anecdotal. This is a full study and it was published last year but now became public and it was led by the Preventive Medicine Research Institute nonprofit that found that brain function and cognition significantly improved in patients who.
Speaker 1: Made lifestyle changes. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: We are not designed We human beings are not designed to last as long as we're lasting, our bodies aren't. I mean, this is why we have knee problems, feet problems, all kinds of problems when we get older and our minds tend to go pretty quickly and the quality of life tends to fall apart. So a study published by the Preventive Medicine Research Institute said, here's what we can do to actually extend the quality of life and substantially, especially if you catch it early on, If you catch dementia early on, for example, forgetting to go on the air like I did on Saturday morning during a break, forgot to come back, and that's worth listening to if you want to listen to it on demand. Well, actually you're going to just listen to three minutes of bumper music while I was.
Speaker 1: Running around out there.
Speaker 2: And according to the author Dean Ornish, who is this is what he does, the earlier you intervene, the less intense of the lifestyle changes are likely to prevent it. In other words, what he did is he looked at healthy people in twenty twenty four. This is a separate one and saying even modest levels of physical activity twenty five minutes of moderate to vigorous activity a week are linked.
Speaker 1: To bigger brain sizes. I guess your brain actually increases.
Speaker 2: And advances in diagnostic and prognostic tools. What happens if and when are helping doctors and scientists get a new understanding of how to measure how to modify cognitive function.
Speaker 1: By the way, the Food and Drug Administration just to prove the.
Speaker 2: First blood test to help diagnose Alzheimer's disease.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty good. Now, that's designed for.
Speaker 2: People who are having memory problems, just to start with, not for people that are healthy. We haven't gotten that. We haven't gone that far yet, but here it is. Okay, here's what the study concludes. Diet a whole foods, minimally processed vegan diet, low and harmful fats, refined carbs and sweeteners. I'd rather lose my mind, thank you very much. I have no problem forgetting that I'm alive. Exercise at least thirty minutes daily of moderate aerobic exercise and mild strength training at least three times a week.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give you that one.
Speaker 2: I walk every day and I work out three times a week, and I still look the way I look because I also live at Costco and if you look at my freezer, it is one hundred percent Costco processed food. Stress management one hour a day meditation, stretching, breathing exercises, overseen by a certified stress management specialist. Who the hell is a certified stress management specialist?
Speaker 1: Where do you get that? One? Wow?
Speaker 2: Adequate sleep encourage while we work in the morning, good luck, and then support Participants and their partners or spouses attend one hour support group session three times a week focusing on emotional support. You know, when I got out of drug rehab, I've shared with you that was a cocaine addict and I spent four years in the lovely throes of cocaine addiction, and I went into drug rehab and part of it is I had to go to AA meetings afterwards or Narcotics Anonymous, and I'd go two three times a week, and about six months into it, I'm looking around and I'm listening to.
Speaker 1: People pitch and tell their stories.
Speaker 2: In the middle of one of the meetings, I stood up realizing I'd rather be a cocaine addict than sit through one more of these, walking out the door, never going back ever again. So the chances of me participating in group sessions, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Am I losing my mind?
Speaker 2: Neil?
Speaker 1: Am I losing my mind? Or is it about the same as always been? Mostly the same. Good. I think I feel better. What happened on Saturday was because you worked from home. You're studios right there. If you were in the studio, you wouldn't have forgotten to go on the air.
Speaker 2: Well I might have because I was looking at notes. All right, we're done. Tomorrow morning, we're all back again, starting with wake up call, Amy and Will who has his back to me, and that's from five to six, and the Neil I jump aboard, and then of course Cono and Ann are always here to.
Speaker 1: Make to make this work.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon are up next. Catch you in the morning. This is KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 1: Well, you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.