Speaker 1: And now your host form Rongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Him Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome into Bull Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Wednesday afternoon. You're Los Angeles Dodgers eighty nine and sixty two, first place atop of the NL West, their magic number down to eight to clint the division, in which they have a three and a half game lead over the San Diego Padres. Dodgers in Miami to continue this three game set against the Marlins after dropping the series opener last night, They're back at it tonight with Landon Neck on the mound. First pitch coming up at three forty coming up between now and then, we got a lot to get to here. On Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from David Vasse. He'll go one on one with Dodgers assistant pitching coach Connor McGinnis. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll get you the latest Dodger moves in which they have sent guys down, brought guys up. We'll be all over that here on Dodgers on Deck, Heirston Watson will join us live.
Speaker 3: From the field coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: We got your chance to win the Sweet Life tickets to the Dodgers Sweet and the Zenchet Sweet Live Challenge coming up in thirty minutes. And in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallping Motors broadcast booth and here from Rick Monday and Tim Neffett. Well, yet again a Dodgers starter could not get past two innings. Yesterday it was Bobby Miller. Two innings, four runs, seven hits, two strikeouts. He got the pitch count up to sixty five before Dave Roberts said enough they go to the bullpen for the rest of the way, not before he gave up a pair of runs in the first inning. He gets tagged for another in the second, and then one more in the second. Four total in two innings. Is The Dodgers were down to the Marlins, who are forty games under five hundred, by a score of four to nothing. But in the top of the third that changed show Hey Otani a monster blast four hundred and two feet down the right field line, two run home run. Dodgers were down four to two still in the third. Later Max Months he tied it.
Speaker 4: Up two on two outs, pitch swang on and belt it left center failed. That's gonna split the gap and go to the wall. Freeman around third, he'll score. Here comes Taosco around third he will score. And for Max Monsei it is a two ounth game time double.
Speaker 5: It is four to four.
Speaker 2: Max Monty with the breath of fresh air. Moment of the game presented by a Tar Mechanical looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California. A Tar Mechanical is your trusted partner. Omar Brittany, the founders, the great people. Get them a call. Their service is more than just a solution. It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly on a service at a fair price.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers and Marlins were all tied up at four until they weren't a home run in the bottom of the third game of five to four lead and Go Rojas a solo home run that tied the game at five. It was back and forth the entire way until the Marlins took an eleven to seven lead off of Jake Berger home run in the bottom half of the eighth inning, Dodgers down eleven to seven, down but not out thanks to Max Munsei.
Speaker 4: Eleven to seven, Marlins in front. Dodgers with two on, two out, and Munsey hits it down the first baseline. That's a fair ball. Here comes Mookie around third.
Speaker 5: He'll score easily.
Speaker 4: Fey Oscar on the run. He's gonna be sent home. He will score, and Max Mounsey is in with a double. It is eleven to nine and the tying run will come to the plate with two outs in the ninth for Max Monsey. Tonight a five RBI game.
Speaker 2: Max Mounch He drives in five, but it wasn't enough, as Tommy Edmans struck out looking in the top half of the ninth inning.
Speaker 3: Ballgame over.
Speaker 2: Marlins beat the Dodgers eleven to nine, twenty seven combined hits in the game. Showy Otani goes deep months he drives in five, but not enough of the Dodgers, who's pitching staff just gave up too many runs yesterday and it wasn't just Bobby Miller who went the two winnings. He gets a no decision, but the Dodgers bullpen pretty much everybody gave up runs. Michael Grove gets tagged with the loss, as the Dodgers, with the loss last night, fall to eighty nine and sixty two on this season, still maintain a three and a half game lead in the division. Get look to get back at it today against the Marlins, Game two of this three game set, and with more we head out to the Gallpa Motors Broadcast booth as we say hello and welcome in Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Tim Never guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Roofe closed again here in Miami at lone Depot Park, as we get you set for Dodgers Baseball against the Marlins, Game two of this three game series. Dodgers start tonight with a magic number of eight, and they can clinch the postseason as soon as tonight with a win here in Miami and losses by the Atlanta Braves and New York Mets. So the postseason could be clinched as soon as tonight. The Dodgers eighty nine and sixty two, still three and a half above the San Diego Padres. The Marlins, meantime, are fifty six and ninety five. The pitching matchup tonight features Land and knack of the Dodgers two and four and a three seventy earn run average. Left Hander Ryan Weathers, who hasn't pitched in three months due to a left index finger strain, gets the call tonight. The left hander, who works extremely fast, is three and five and a three to five to five earned run average, and MO last night. A lot of stuff to talk about as far as last night's concerned. We don't have enough time right now. But eleven to nine, Miami gets the victory. Dodgers picked up a couple in the ninth, but for Miami it was their second highest offensive output of the season. They had fifteen hits and of course Hayesus Sanchez had a third of those, with a career high five on his own.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if we look at overall, I mean, we can continue to talk really about the starting pitching or lack thereof. If your numbers and it was a big outing for Bobby Miller, and if he could have been able to make a stand and say, hey, look count me in for postseason. That did not happen. Didn't even come close. Just two innings and runs on seven hits. But he made sixty five pitches in those two innings. And then really kind of out of whack a little bit was the fact that the bullpen that has been so good in recent times, the bullpen gave up some runs also. But if you go into the second inning in the ballgame and you look up and the other team's already had ten at match with runners in storing position, you're basically working up hill. And that's exactly what the Dodgers did all night long.
Speaker 4: Dodger's a couple of roster moves today. Bobby Miller last night starter, optioned to TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. Michael Grove also optioned. Joe Kelly has been activated. He is ready in the bullpen, and the Dodgers selected the contract of left handed pitchers Zach Logue, who they signed on the thirteenth of this month. They picked him up off waivers from the Braves and he's had one appearance for Oklahoma City, and so the South Paul will be active in the bullpen tonight for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Active.
Speaker 6: The other part too, is initially Miguel Rojas was in the starting lineup at shortstop tonight. Well, he has been scratched and the Dodgers changing things around. How much are they changing around well. At shortstop will be Tommy Edmond, but Mooki Betts, Yes he's in the lineup, but Betts will be at second base tonight.
Speaker 4: And I think this is an effort to get as many right handed bats as they can get in there against Weathers, without obviously lifting Otanian Freeman from the lineup. But everybody else is going to be a right handed batter going against Ryan Weathers.
Speaker 6: And you know, Tim, we've seen Dave Roberts kind of juggle things around, including again tonight he drops Freddy Freeman back. So with the lefty Weathers, as you mentioned, you have Otani top of the lineup, left hander, Mookie BET's right hander. They moved to Oscar Hernanez up to the three spot and move Freddy Freeman down to the four spot, not wanting a lefty alrighty and then a lefty would make it more convenient for the opposing team to go to the bullpen and bring in a left handed pitcher.
Speaker 4: So the Dodgers getting set to play game number one fifty two on the season tonight, eighty nine sixty two of the record. Magic number is eight to clinch the division, could clinch a playoff Berth if everything falls right as soon as tonight Dodgers and Marlins Game two, Dodgers looking to get even with the Fish from Miami.
Speaker 5: Jim.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, David Veasse. We'll check you out with the very latest. We'll dive deeper to this bitchy match up. We got your magical moment of the day, your chance to play the Zinchi Sweet.
Speaker 3: Life Challenges coming up.
Speaker 2: But up next, you're Tani Rewine and we'll head down live to the field with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We're doing all this as we lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday, Dodgers and Marlins, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgs on Deck. Y'all the official Home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Marlins from Miami, Game two of this three game set. Lennon Nack, Ryan Weathers the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper to the numbers coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 6: Rewhy sing A lot of teams now that move inside on him and then go off speed away.
Speaker 4: And Otani swings hits a drive deep to right field. It is into the upper deck for home run number forty eight and the Dodgers on the board. It's forty two and shaw hal Otani pits his first home run on the road trip, number forty eight, absolute no doubter that went into the second deck over the Dodger of Bull Pennan light field.
Speaker 2: Four hundred and two feet from Showy Otani to right field yesterday in my home run number forty eight. He's now a forty eight forty eight player, forty eight home runs, forty eight stolen bases, as his quest of fifty is still there. O TONI rewind brought to you y Eto enzoy Oh jud Japan's number one green tea and latie that Showey Otani Loves and drinks available at your local DISO stores, Amazon and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's I T O E M dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirrison now joins us live from Miami before game two of this three game set, and Curius and the Dodgers busy making some roster moves this afternoon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very busy. So you know, after Bobby Miller's outing last night, there were definitely a couple of questions as to what does this mean for Bobby, everything from trying to you know, keep his confidence. He's a young player in this league. Kind of keeping his confidence at a good spot and not to let him get too far in his head because you already know he is there just due to the results. So you know, Dave Robert told us today that to option him. So Joe Kelly is back in the returns from the IL, back with the team in a good spot to come out of the bullpen. And then Michael Grove was also optioned, so they did have to make another move for another reliever arm that's going to be Za Loads. So for him, it sounds like he's a lefty pitcher can potentially give some length out of the bullpen, especially considering how many arms you saw that were used yesterday. So I think that's just the biggest thing as of right now. You want some protection for lamb and neck. He's coming off of a tougher outing, but they do believe that. You know, he's been great everything he's lived with the big league team this year, so hopefully he can return to that form and have a really strong having today. But knowing that he also us have the support of the bullpen and the team to be.
Speaker 2: Kirsten is brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now or Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a kay. Clayton Kershaw took another step forward.
Speaker 8: He really did, and today he was he was in the bullpen and I think, oh, I was just kind of like, oh, what's going on over there? And as you know with Clayton Kershak, he has a very specific look for a traditional bullpen. Usually he's kind of in his bullpen utiful not well, I guess that bullpen uniform, but he's in a jersey and pants the whole thing. Today he was at his tank top, soone was kind of like, it's a real bullpen, what's going on? Well, it was a real bullpen. He threw about eighty pitches, so it was longer than anyone's probably usual bullpen. But the biggest say for him is that he's been able to apply a little bit more pressure on that left foot. Was dealing with the bone spurs and just kind of the inflammation that's been there, wanting not to go down that he's been having to find different ways to manage that pain. So he's been doing different things. So he's actually been testing out different orthopedics and so he's got a new pair in his shoes and spoke Aboucon helping, and then he also removed one of the spikes on his tweet to just relieve a little bit of pressure. And it's kind of like under where the ball of your foot would be. So the hope is with that I could pick out some pressure and then even today able to have Dave Roberts called it a normal ish bullpen. So it was a really big step though, just regardless because he is getting you know, he's been moving his arm, but to be able to come get off of a traditional mound, that's been huge, and they're hoping, you know, they're optimistic that with each day he's getting better and he's moving his arm and keeping that in a good spot and keeping its enduring. So now it's just when they're ready to fire that bull for him to get out there, and they're hoping it's a regular season game. If not, it's going to be a game in October. But may you feel they feel really good actually, just kind of with the progression that he's been making.
Speaker 2: Finally some good news. Curious to appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Is still the cover here on Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vats goes one on one with Dodgers assistant pitching coach Connor McGuinness. Up next, so an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts leading up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday first pitch at three forty of Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins. Is Maronggo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues Wronggo Casino Resort and spot a grand slam of for good times.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Marlin's first pitch at three forty.
Speaker 1: It's the La Dodgers Injury report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Miguel Rojas scratched from the lineup left leg soreness. He just wants to make sure everything's okay. Austin Barnes on the IL with the tow fracture. Tyler Glasnew placed on the sixty day IL he has done for the season. Clayton Kershaw through a bullpen session today. More on that coming up. Is he makes his way back from turf toe. Gavin Stone, Well, we hoped he.
Speaker 3: Have him back. We don't know what his status is.
Speaker 2: We heard it from him here on Dodgers on Deck yesterday DV and him talking about his desire to come back and pitch this twenty twenty four season. Anthony bo He's a camelback ranch rehabbing his hairline, fracture in his left hand. All right, let's head back out to Miami and check out with the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 1: Answer questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugout with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: So I had a fly by conversation with Clayton, and pretty encouraging. He said that he ended up throwing eighty three eighty four pitches, which is obviously it's pretty much five innings, six innings of a game, and he said it felt better than yesterday and then the last bullpen. So you know, he's been messing with these different orthotics and things like that, but today's improvement. So for him to be able to take them out and throw eighty some pitches is a good.
Speaker 8: Thing when you're looking at just kind of what this could mean for him now in regard to return, what has got to be I guess a more pressing next step for you to have a better understanding for him.
Speaker 9: I think for Clayton, obviously the calendar is certainly working against us. The minor league season is coming to a close, and so basically is letting time take shape, let it continue to heal, keep his arm going, keep that intensity up, and then you know there's going to be a point whenever we all come together to decide to you know, fire that bullet and give him a shot to pitch for us. So I'm holding out hope that it happens. I don't think anyone knows when it's gonna happen, but today was a big step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Gavis Nate, you have to pitch in a regular season game before the end of the year to be an option in October.
Speaker 9: I don't think it's an absolute, but I do think that that would give everyone a lot more confident by doing so.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down to the dugout talking about the situation with this pitching staff. Right now, down to the dugout with Dave Roberts, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. At Service Titan. Help you implement it.
Speaker 3: Learn more at Service Titan dot com.
Speaker 2: Coming up here. While the zench Sweet Life Challenge. When we come back, though, we'll check in with David vas say, get you all the latest.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday. I'm Tim Kasus, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday, landing neck Ryan Weather's the pitching matchup, First pitch coming up at three forty. The umpiring crew for today's game brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 2: All right, David, Bobby Miller gets to start yesterday Today he gets option back to Triple A Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 10: Well, I feel like this is a lost season for Bobby Miller. As we know, Tim, he was dealing with a left knee issue. Just talking to him over the course of the last three weeks, it feels like there's more issues with his left knee than what he's letting on. That's the only explanation because the Bobby Miller we saw this season is a shell of his former self and it just doesn't happen because he fell apart or he's not talented anymore. You have to believe the right shoulder issue kind of set him back, and when you don't have your landing leg, that creates even bigger problems. To me, Tim, we don't know yet, but to me, it feels like Bobby Miller was trying to pitch through injury and he hurt himself and he hurt the Dodgers, and hopefully whatever physical issues he was trying to pitch through, he gets that corrected and comes back next year hungrier than ever. Because the Bobby Miller we saw this year did not resemble the guy we saw last year, and I believe he was pitching through injury.
Speaker 2: Joe Kelly gets activated today, David is a little boost of the bullpen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, speaking of injury, Tim, Joe Kelly just hasn't been the same. If we look at even when he was with the White Sox last year, Joe Kelly found something to help his arm feel a lot better. There was a therapy that he found that he told me has really made him feel like himself again. And now he has thrown the baseball the way he was when the Dodgers acquired him back after the twenty eighteen seas.
Speaker 5: Going into twenty nineteen, I'm.
Speaker 10: Very eager for everybody to see this new Joe Kelly, because he is going to be better than the version we have seen all season long.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: We all have choices, and Ford certainly gives you the choices.
Speaker 3: With the Ford F one fifty.
Speaker 2: Gas hybrid all electric tough this march could only be called F one fifty Now. Clayton Kershaw through the bullpen session today Dave and Dave Roberts kind of confirmed what he told you yesterday.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, that Kershaw has a very good chance of pitching before the end of the regular season. Remember when Kershaw spoke to us yesterday, he said that he was very optimistic he would be able to pitch in a game in the final eleven twelve days of the regular season. And with Bobby Miller out of the picture, you would have to imagine that Kershaw probably in five or six days could be an option to see whether or not this is going to work, to give himself an opportunity to pitch in the postseason today it was as you heard Dave Roberts say, in eighty to eighty three pitch bullpen session. I went down there to watch for myself, and it looked like it was a normal bullpen day. Obviously you don't throw that many pitches in a bullpen session, but he looked like.
Speaker 5: He was throwing and not holding anything back.
Speaker 10: I spoke to him again today after his bullpen session and he said, I'm getting close. It's not perfect and it's not feeling great, but or he should say it is feeling better. It's not one hundred percent perfect. So he was encouraged by today as well.
Speaker 2: I'd certainly encouraging news to hear from Clayton Kershaw David. Great stuff. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Dodger fans in hands. You're listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plans serving all Angelina's Lacare dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Connor again. It is Dodgers assistant pitching coach will have a deep part of this pitching matchup. Also your chance to win sweet tickets to an upcoming game, but up an next your Dodgers Magical moment leading up to Dodgers and Marlins. I'm Tim Katesi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins on this Wednesday afternoon game two of his three game set landed neck Ryan Weathers a pitching matchup. First pitch from Miami is coming up at three forty.
Speaker 5: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment, Bitch Magical Phone presented by Hawby Hot Tails.
Speaker 2: We go back to September eighteenth, two thousand and six, Dodgers at a home taking on the Padres Dodgers down in the ninth Innyan in the night, which will always be remembered as the four plus one game.
Speaker 11: And another drive in the high right center at the.
Speaker 4: World running it go out, believe it.
Speaker 5: Or not, fourth and second and home runs. Ill try it up again.
Speaker 11: Had a high fly ball the left field. It is away, out and gone. The Dodgers win it eleven to ten half home undelievable.
Speaker 2: One a ninth for the Dodgers, four plus one, four straight home runs to tie the game in the bottom of the ninth, and then the walk off home run in the tenth inning. Dodgers beat the Padres on this date back in two thousand and six. This Hafey Magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs. They sot cow Treasure for over one hundred years at hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffey Hot Tugs. Who wants to live the sweet life at an upcoming Dodgers game eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five s I need three contestants to play the zench Sweet Live Challenge. If you tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, You're gonna win two Sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodgers game in the AFI seventy LA Sports Sweet eight sixty six nine eighty seven to two five seventy lead you up to Dodgers and Marlin's first pitch coming up at three forty of Tim Kasis Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on, the official home of La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday afternoon, Game two of this three game seven of the Dodgers return home this weekend to start their final homestand of the regular season. Landing Nack Ryan Weathers. The pitching matchup, first pitch, coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Like Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zench Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, tell me the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're winning two sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodgers game. We'll start off with Bill. He is our first contestant. He gets the first pick.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 2: What's your guests? Let's go with Ta, Oscar, Hernandez. All right, Good luck to you.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 2: William is our second contestant, William. What is your guest? Which player?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: He took Tao uh Let's go Oshi Shi.
Speaker 2: Show hey Otani. All right, good luck to you, William. Our third and foul contestant is Ricky. Ricky welcome. What is your guests?
Speaker 4: Will He's more due than the rain Smith.
Speaker 3: Will Smith, good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Ricky, William and Bill are three contestants this afternoon at the Zen She Sweet Live Challenge presented by Zen She Handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game at Ralphs or other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still to com well from Conor McGuinness will dive deeper in this pitching matchup before.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick, the Dodgers are not feeling great about the way things went last night, but they've got to get back on track because the Astros did them a favor by beating the Padres last night exactly.
Speaker 6: And for the Dodgers that was not a good ballgame, no stretch of imagination can you say. I mean, they scored nine runs and you never really felt like they were in the game. They come up with two runs in the ninth inning to make it a two run difference when all the dust was settled, but they didn't pitch particularly well. Both the starter, you know, Bobby Miller, who was sent out back to Triple A this year. Just the two innings, sixty five pitches in those two innings, and the first couple of innings there were ten opportunities runners in scoring position where the the Marlino's handed a bat, and that's such a Dodgers did not play particularly well defensively. A couple of plays here and there, and then one of the few times that we've seen in recent weeks, really the bullpen got touched up for some runs and some hits.
Speaker 10: Also, it just seems like a snowball effect. Rick, when you don't have good starting pitching, the pitcher is not throwing strikes, then the defense was on their heels instead of their toes. There were some misplays behind the pitchers last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was one play that Tim and I were talking about. Also, yet a right handed batter runner first, runner first took off, and yet it was Rojas at shortstop position to cover the bag and the ball went right where the shortstop was. Normally you're seeing the off side second basement will be covering. So that was a call play. It wasn't done just on Rojas thinking Hey, I'm going to go over there and do that. But yeah, there's a lot of things. You know, this is game number one two. The Dodgers need to tighten the belt because this is not representative of the type and caliber of baseball that they can play. They're two and three on this road.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and Rick, when you scored nine runs like they did last night, you would expect to win a ballgame against one of the worst offenses in baseball.
Speaker 6: Score nine runs, you should be winning. You know, I ran into you as I was arriving here at the stadium. You were here early. I ran into one another's were getting on the elevator, come up with the press box, and you were on a mission because you're trying to find out.
Speaker 7: What the heck is going on.
Speaker 6: You told me that Kershaw was in the bullpen. You were going to take the elevator up a couple of levels to get a better look to what Kershaw was doing in the bullpen during that session.
Speaker 10: What did you learn, Well, he was not using that artificial platform that he has been using during this time on the il to alleviate pressure on his big left toe. He was throwing full throttle from the pitchers mount in the Dodger bullpen. And after he was done, I asked him how it went, and he said he had to switch spikes in the middle of that bullpen session. And it feels like he may have found the right orthotics to be able to pitch sometime before the end of the regular season.
Speaker 6: That was going to be my follow up question. Do you think that there is a chance an opportunity that he may get on the mound and just test it out and see under conditions that hey, it can be challenging.
Speaker 10: He told me yesterday, Rick, he was optimistic with the twelve days now eleven days to go in the regular season that he would be able to pitch. So he's working his tail off to try to make that happen.
Speaker 6: How long was that bullpen session. Was this just a tune up bullpen or was this a full blown deal?
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts said he threw eighty three pitches during that bullpen session.
Speaker 5: I can't count that high, Rich.
Speaker 6: So you would imagine then, if you're going to pro rate everything else, it would be at least five or six days before he could have possibly possibly see action in a game.
Speaker 10: And that's why there was a method to his madness when he was leaning on a folding chair and still throwing. He wanted to keep the arm active to be able to avoid a rehab start where he could just come back and pitch in a game and not have to do any of that stuff.
Speaker 6: That's encouraging. By the way, when we came in someone the Dodgers had tossed to you a baseball, you gave it to me, I'm gonna toss it back to you, because that's not a new one.
Speaker 5: No, it's not.
Speaker 10: If it was a pearl, I'd want that beautiful John haypenk.
Speaker 6: Back home and try and put it up on eBay or something and say, well, you know whatever.
Speaker 5: Hey Rick Monday touched this baseball.
Speaker 6: Oh you'll you'll go bigger, You'll go higher, higher than that, trust me. Yeah, Otani foul bauld or something like that.
Speaker 10: Hey Otani threw his seventh bullpen session today as well.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we saw about fifteen cameramens watching every move that he made.
Speaker 10: I would love to take the attention away from the Dodgers' bullpen sessions and talk about the guys on the mound one day.
Speaker 6: Yeah you think that'll happen.
Speaker 5: I hope so.
Speaker 7: Well, this is Game one fifty two.
Speaker 10: Maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow tonight, it's Nack night the Knack.
Speaker 5: Thanks. Rick.
Speaker 10: We'll check back in with you and Tim a little bit later. Oh, you have a nach for that, We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, there's a lot guy, Dodgers fans. Start your future at California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. Yeah, it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So on a roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim will be back right before first pitch with the keys to the game. But I'm next go high and see it with Dodgers assistant pitching coach Connor McGinnis. Dodgers Marlins. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and the Marlins landon Neck Ryan Weathers. The pitching matchup will dive deeper to the numbers on both of them coming up and just a little bit first pitch coming up at three forty. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles RAKE number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CCHLA or and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers are in Miami getting set for Game two of this three game series, and I'm joined right now by one of the biggest assets the Dodgers have, and that's pitching coach Connor McGinnis. Connor, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, prob me man anytime.
Speaker 10: A lot of moving parts with your pitching staff this season, and of course in the last two weeks you were out there in the bullpen watching Clayton Kershaw throw what Dave Roberts said was close to eighty pitches.
Speaker 5: What did you think about what you saw?
Speaker 7: It was a big step forward.
Speaker 12: I think you finally started to find a little more comfort with a toe and starting to look more and more like himself.
Speaker 7: So this was a big step forward for him, for sure.
Speaker 10: That's a little unusual for a guy to throw an eighty something pitch bullpen.
Speaker 3: What drove that, It's.
Speaker 12: More trying to maintain his volume and the foundation where he built up from the you know, the season and the throws previously, so that way when he can really give it a full go, he's not that far behind.
Speaker 10: Do you feel like he's done a pretty good job of being able to keep the arm moving whenever it's decided for him to start in a game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a it's a pretty daunting task given this injury for him. You've seen the videos of him trying to throw the chair or do the knee drills and whatnot just to kind of keep the arm in shape because he worked really hard to get that shoulder healthy and come back from that. So I know he's frustrated dealing with his toe now, but giving this guy and his workout that he's been getting after it, and so I know he's had some frustrating days and whatnot.
Speaker 7: But this was a really promising one.
Speaker 10: You're a very creative person yourself on how to get things done. What did you what did you think about some of the creative methods Kershaw used, Like you mentioned the folding chair to keep the arm moving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's all him. I got nothing to do with any of that. That's all him.
Speaker 12: He's just making sure that he can keep that volume up and whatnot.
Speaker 7: So I think it's been.
Speaker 12: Brilliant about how he's been going about it. I know he's been working hard to find, you know, the right footwear to try to alleviate some of that pressure on the toe.
Speaker 7: And like I said, today was the first.
Speaker 12: Time I really saw him actually kind of getting closer and.
Speaker 7: Closer to his true delivery.
Speaker 12: Before he was just really struggling to push off as anyone could possibly imagine.
Speaker 7: So this was a good one for him.
Speaker 10: Connor McGinnis and Mark Pryor have had their hands full as far as watching a lot of bullpen sessions. I've never asked you though about Otani's throwing program.
Speaker 5: Where is seeing all that.
Speaker 7: As far as as what as far.
Speaker 10: As coming back and you know, obviously today another bullpen session.
Speaker 5: It's up to seven now.
Speaker 10: Is he closer to facing hitters in the next progression?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think that's a bigger question for Mark and the medical team and then just making sure Show's comfortable and on board with that. But he's progressing incredibly well. I mean, this guy's got a lot on his plate. His bullt been outstanding. He's going through it. You know, just introduced the splitter today during the bullpen session, So we're just happy to see him back up there doing his thing. But yeah, that's about all I know from this point.
Speaker 10: Hey, speaking of the splitter, Yoshi Yamamoto has a pretty good split fingered fastball. What have you seen from Yamamoto in his first two starts that are so encouraging?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know that first one back, it was like watching a video game. This guy had everything rolling and really found the curveball and split going through. I think in Atlanta he just was a little out of sync, you know, couldn't really find his throat early on, so that splitter was kind of wandering away from him. But I think he did a really nice job working with Smitty and Barnes just to make sure that they still went to it even though he didn't necessarily have it, and he was able to clip some better ones as the adding went on.
Speaker 10: I noticed he was throwing his cut fastball when he couldn't find the split fingered fastball.
Speaker 5: Is that a great sign from.
Speaker 10: A pitching coach standpoint that he can adapt on the fly.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, he's very unique and that he doesn't throw all of his pitches warming up, So I think sometimes some of the pitches get lost through the shuffle time and time again. So I think they've done a nice job just from a game planning standpoint, knowing when and how to deploy the other pitches. And I just think, you know, it wasn't necessarily on the other team's radar, and it was a perfect time to introduce it and kind of help him reset.
Speaker 7: The rest of his arsenal.
Speaker 12: So I think it's just good for us to remember not to forget about his little wrinkles even when he doesn't warm up with him.
Speaker 10: Connor, thanks a lot for the time. Always appreciate the insight. And I'm starting to ruin your cover. You may you might not be the best kept secret in baseball anymore.
Speaker 7: No, I stop him, man, you're being way too kind. You're being way too kind. And we've got a really good team there.
Speaker 10: He is the man from the Capitol Washington, d C. Connor McGinnis. We'll send it back to in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Connor.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, or the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcasts. Great time to order it right now, it's game day. It's group day at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Marlin's Game two of this three game set. I'm naxvill dive deeper into this pitching matchup, landing nack on the mound. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long Dodgers and Marlin's Game two of this three game set for Miami.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Where is it about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Ryan Weathers on the Mound twenty four year old left hander for her first round pick of the Padres. He's been on the IL since June. The fourth year pro making just his fourth fourteenth start of the season. It was activated today after a left index fe finger strain kept him on the IL since June. His last start was June seventh against the Guardians. He left after two and two third innings against the Dodgers in his career eight career starts oh and two with a four to sixty two er A land and Nac on the Mound twenty seven year old right hander, second round pick in twenty twenty two and fourth at three seventy Eerray making his eleven start, thirteenth appearance last time out. Not good two innings, five runs, seven hits, two home runs in a loss of the Braves. Looking to get better after that one and two starts to September oh and two with a seven eighty eight R.
Speaker 7: Ray.
Speaker 2: This is his first start ever against the Marlins. Landon neck Ryan Weathers the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Marlins were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game.
Speaker 2: Our next from Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseballs brought you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot com or stoping in LA Area Speedy Cash Store. Head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Rick Monday, Tim never guess.
Speaker 4: Sam, Thanks again, We're counting you down to the first pitch tonight at Loan Depot parkroof closed as the Dodgers looked even things up with the Miami Marlins. Landon Knack will go for the Dodgers. NAC lost to the Braves last Friday in Atlanta five runs and two innings, including a pair of two run homers allowed in that but prior to that, he only allowed just four earned runs and eight hits in his previous fifteen innings, So he's pitched very well when he's had the opportunity, except for that one outing in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Fridday was just a weird night. Sixty four pitches and NAC took to go through the two innings. But the other part too is you look overall just to two sixteen batting average against very good runners in scoring position, just a one sixty seven batting average against extremely good So again we're hoping that he can move aside. That's start. They'd hit on Friday night and get some depth and give the bullpen a little bit of a breather tonight.
Speaker 4: And the opposition of them out. Ryan weather is the left hander works very fast. Remember the Dodgers and Marlins played the fastest game of the season back in May. When Ryan Weathers started it was an hour and fifty eight minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Man, he moves the ball quickly. The last start on the seventh of June, will find out the command of the strike zone if he's on.
Speaker 7: Could be a long night.
Speaker 6: As far as a difficulty at home plate for hitters, it could be a short night, as far as the clock.
Speaker 4: Ryan Weathers for the Marlins, land and neck for the Dodgers. That's the pitching matchup. As we get you set for this one in Miami.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, listen to Dodger games in HD.
Speaker 2: Thanks for our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot or download that iHeartRadio op right now and listen to first Pitch when we come back. Dodgers Marlins from Miami. I'm Tim Katse's Memrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network