Speaker 1: This segment right here is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one location in all of DFW, but it's so good that Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen was voted number one pizzeria and DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News, So that speaks volumes if you're looking for some awesome pizza this weekend. They specialize in Dallas style pizza. They also specialize in Chicago style, Detroit style, Tavern style, and New York style pizza. They've mastered all five types, which is why everybody loves them and readers of the Dallas Morning News don't lie. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano is legit, but right now.
Speaker 2: It's not for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for basis Wee Day of Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Got some EGS stuff for you a minute. You guys know where Greenville is?
Speaker 2: Isn't it out by? Uh? It's east of like love Joy, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Green Greenville runs Greenville runs parallel with seventy five, and it's basically kind of goes all the way down into plane On and turns in the Avenue k Greenville, Texas.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yep, I think you guys kind of nailed it, honestly. I mean there's a you said, love Joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like east of love Joy, right, Like, it's just it's further east. It's further east, but it's it's I think it's significantly further east than Lovejoy.
Speaker 2: I think you're just saying, as.
Speaker 3: A point of context, you went up north seventy five and went east on three eighty, you'd run into Princeton, Farmersville, and then Greenville.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 3: But if you were going up thirty fate a rock wall, fate Royce City pass through maybe Cattle Mills area, you run a ground. The point is there are people in Greenville listening right now, and shout out to them, but also it's going on in Greenville.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Students at a middle school in Greenville gave each other tattoos using temporary ink with the same needle measles now is off the time, kids, They said, the teacher's role in this matter will be reviewed to determine further disciplinary action is warranted. But I don't know if it's like the teachers just allowing that to happen and the kids are just gonna do what they do.
Speaker 1: But they're giving each other like prison tattoos and glass Yeah, probably not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very strange.
Speaker 4: A sewing needle like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the details are foggy, and it's probably because they don't want to do that with kids. But temporary ink with the same needle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we used to do that with pens, but not actual needles, right.
Speaker 3: Just drawing on each Yeah, I guess I didn't think about that. Tattoos. They're they're going into you with.
Speaker 2: The tattoo when they do the art. I never thought about.
Speaker 4: It over Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, how long does the scabbing last?
Speaker 4: Not that long?
Speaker 3: Maybe a week by the way, stabbing Westward NBFD not scabbing Westward.
Speaker 2: That would be a different band.
Speaker 3: That is why are we going to start the segment? We did it with the first story. Okay, egg stuff boys, we got egg problems. USDA has come out and said egg prices could jump forty one percent this year.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, that's a lot, right if.
Speaker 1: Your business is based on eggs. It's a tough time. So what about all these people? It's I remember this got real trendy. People were going out and getting chickens and having their own chicken coops, like even out in the burbs. Yeah, is that still a thing? And are are those eggs free of any concern?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you asked no.
Speaker 3: If you want to do that, you can, but the price and cost of doing that and getting the food for the hens of the chickens would cost you more than just buying the eggs.
Speaker 4: My mom, she visited me last night. She actually brought eggs from their hens. Hey, And they have like different cots, like the different type of chicken. I don't I don't remember what kind, but they're like smaller. The eggs are smaller, and they're pink and blue, and they're really cool looking. I haven't ate them yet. I'm kind of scared to do.
Speaker 1: Hens just crank out eggs or does a rooster have to keep going in there and roosters pounding.
Speaker 4: If roister does that, then it's going to hatch an actual baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, which could be problematic.
Speaker 4: Right, But yes, they just kind of.
Speaker 1: They're just always popping out the eggs, they eat, bang and poop.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Now this was this is I'm glad you just though because this was a this was a thing I read today and I'm trying to find exactly where I had it.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: So the SDAs says that the bird flu is obviously the big problem.
Speaker 2: Egg prices could surge over forty percent.
Speaker 3: The bird flu outbreaks have led to the cutting of over one hundred and sixty six million birds. So, I mean, I don't know how many birds are out there, right, but that sounds like a pretty huge number. But just because you hear one hundred and sixty six million, who knows what if there's five hundred million birds, how many bird I don't understand how that all works.
Speaker 1: There's more birds than there are people according to me making it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the story I read was about people who would as a guy who had done this, it's probably a farmer, honestly, but he was basically saying, you just go buy your eggs, like they're gonna get a little more expensive. Just go buy your eggs. Because buying the coop, buying the food to feed them, to tend to them, the responsibility goes into it will cost you more, oh than buying the eggs.
Speaker 1: And defending it against snakes, wolves.
Speaker 2: Coyotes, snakes is the big one.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to get in there and eat those hens. Chicken thieves, chicken thieves. Absolutely, that's gonna be a p Now does your mom you said they have different kinds of chickens? Do they have the boneless kind?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Those are the best, Those are the best kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They just lay there. Yeah yeah, but they're so tender.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 3: So McDonald's though apparently has not heard about this bird flu going around.
Speaker 1: Are they now jacking up the egg McMuffin.
Speaker 3: Well, they're celebrating the egg McMuffin turning fifty and they're throwing a big birthday bash next week March second. What's March second? I guess that's gonna be a Saturday. I guess it's Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's fat Sundays.
Speaker 3: Mars the twenty eighth, they're having Egg McMuffin Day on Sunday, where fans can snag and egg McMuffin or sausage McMuffin for just a buck through the McDonald's appat That.
Speaker 1: Is the greatest sandwich of all time, the sausage egg and cheese McMuffin.
Speaker 2: Really it's the best. You know.
Speaker 3: I'm not an anti egg person, but I don't love egg.
Speaker 2: That's a place I don't like their egg. What I feel like it?
Speaker 4: Okay? When I saw that they didn't have to like do a surcharge on their eggs, I did think. I was like, how much of that is real egg? And that's why they're not worried about it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they have mass produced fake egg. Damn they're delicious then if they are, I mean, they treat their eggs same way they treat their ribs, grib Have you guys ever gone in the back of a McDonald's and seeing like a butcher just chopping up some brisket and some rib.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of ribs, is it true it's maybe to help the blood clot for Wimby, they might have to remove a rib.
Speaker 2: What I didn't know that? Does he have thracic syndrome like Matt Harrison?
Speaker 1: Are they trying to make it to where he's able to take care of himself?
Speaker 2: Manson? We can do that?
Speaker 1: Well, really, dude, he's very limber.
Speaker 2: Removing a rib, you know, the first thing we all think of.
Speaker 3: The wiless thing is the guy from Nickelback claimed he could do it but never showed proof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do you really want proof of you doing that out there in the world If you're a lead singer of a band making a bunch of money, like, do you need that publicity?
Speaker 2: I would other that then be known as a liar.
Speaker 4: Oh and if you're Nickelback, you could probably use that publicity.
Speaker 2: I don't know they'll take it. They'll think all they can get.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, you want to see me do porn?
Speaker 2: But it's just me.
Speaker 3: No programming note nine one one is gonna air overnight d to MAVs and Hornets tonight.
Speaker 2: Catch that? Oh no, wait what is? This's kind of been obsessed with this lately.
Speaker 3: Whenever the MAVs do air on WFAA, they have a like programming note and tonight it's rescue.
Speaker 2: It's a nine to one one. It's gonna have to air overnight. Okay.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many people at home are just like, damn it, so again this.
Speaker 1: Basketball, MAVs Hornets is knocking nine reno the air No.
Speaker 2: Nine one one, the show nine one one? What does that show? Yeah, but I think they do have different locations.
Speaker 3: Marino nine one one was a comedy show, but lone Star nine one one was the one that had Rob Lowe.
Speaker 4: I'd be upset if it was Reno nine one one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god, I would be upset. We need to bring that back. By the way, have you.
Speaker 1: Been watching a lot of that on ABC?
Speaker 4: I mean, they don't have new episodes anymore, but.
Speaker 3: I don't think you'd be that upset. Ben, you once said that Wendy's had made Kraft burgers.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: They were making craft burgers for about three weeks. You mass produced craft burgers, No three years.
Speaker 2: They were into it for a while. They were into it for a while, dude. They even served it on the Butcher's Paper story.
Speaker 3: Here is AI had been used at their drive through at one hundred locations. They were testing it. But they are now expanding AI and their drive throughs at Wendy's SICKB six hundred locations now and if it's going well, they're gonna keep adding.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's not compute.
Speaker 1: There's some adio of me placing an order earlier today. It uh look, I hate for any humans to lose jobs, but that's the way it's going and if anything, drive throughs need this more than anything else in the world. It is so hard to communicate in a drive through at times.
Speaker 3: Have we thought about just the next five years of people losing their jobs, Like, what are people gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is there stuff to do? Well?
Speaker 1: Vault.
Speaker 4: So I went to a Taco bell that used AI in the drive through. But then you drove up and there was a person there to you know, collect your money and actually give you your food and make sure you had everything.
Speaker 2: Robots can't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And now it's pretty common, the automated thing, Hello and welcome. Would you like to try out whatever the new special is? And you just say no, and then a real person comes to talk to you. Yeah, and then it's just two beaten people talking to each other.
Speaker 1: Robots cannot force mayonnaise on my Jimmy John's no matter what I.
Speaker 2: Order, So you go in? You like going in? Nope.
Speaker 1: Most of my decisions when I'm in a hurry or based on whether or not there's a window, I'll eat lesser food if there's a window to pull up to. We are technology is happening so fast, the need for people to do jobs is going to lessen and we're gonna be overpopulated.
Speaker 2: It's just the way I mean.
Speaker 1: Those two, all those things happening simultaneously can't be good. The one guy saying that it's not is Elon. Yea, Elon is like, we don't have enough people. We need to populate the earth. If I'm gonna have an army of slaves, I need people to keep cranking out. I mean, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, but I'm good. I can't help myself. So seriously, though, Elon has been out there on the front line saying we're actually we have a population crisis. As he is on the wave of technology companies that are eliminating jobs.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel like we need that many people, but we will, like like just people to hold down jobs like population. This is why I'm very interested in And you end up sounding like old man yelling at the sky, and I'm not being that way. I don't want me to, but I do truly wonder how the future generations who have been using a phone since ten are really going to well, where's the work ethic gonna come from? And will they need it? Will technology be so good that having a work ethic doesn't matter. The tools that you are playing with will do the work for you. You just have to be the person that you know instigates the tools to do the work.
Speaker 2: That's where I do.
Speaker 3: I think it's a fair like thing without like crapping on the younger generation, like will they need to have a work ethic?
Speaker 2: This whole thing that we've been our entire life we need.
Speaker 1: This is an incredible philosophical question. Do people relying on AI need a work ethic?
Speaker 2: No, am right, they don't. It's very it's weird. It's it's weird that we're there, but we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think that, But I think that's the argument that Elon's making. You still need a work ethic, You're just going to redirect that work ethic in other ways. You would not need a work ethic for quote unquote busy work. The problem to me is I see it with AI or just hey Siri, you know, replacing learning something is that then you don't even understand the basic fundamentals of what you need and what you don't need. Like the old argument about why do I need this geometry? I'm never going to use this in a real world it's because it trains your brain to function a different way. And if we're going through this process of you're no longer training your brain to function, you're just asking a question to a wall. Yeah, I feel like that's an existential problem. Sure, Like if you don't even realize the need for what you're asking the information for because you didn't do any of the work in the first place.
Speaker 2: But if there's no going back, what is the solution. No, there's no solution. We just can and you try to have as much fun as you can. This is totally idiocracy already.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's a problem for us as people because we think we created the world.
Speaker 2: Y'all got it easy though.
Speaker 3: Your kids are out almost like your kids are you guys have almost done your responsibility.
Speaker 1: And I'll be dead in five years so I won't have to watch them suffer. You've lived your life. Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 3: And then for people who have had kids, I've had kids out word, but you know you know people who do and you're like, God, I don't know what you're gonna do with that nine year old.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Most people my age look at the world is okay, how can I get out of here before I have to watch a lot of suffering. I feel like I've had a good run. I don't want to experience the suffering part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So okay, my kids are how old, They're probably not gonna have There's not going to be a labor force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think I'll check out in five years. Damn.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's not the brightest thing I've ever heard. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: No, it's okay.
Speaker 1: It's just dark comedy.
Speaker 4: Kept No, is that comedy?
Speaker 3: Or is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I I'm gonna live forever, I laugh.
Speaker 4: I hope it was comedy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not wondering too. I guess carbon monoxide death? Is that a good way to go?
Speaker 2: Jesus? Is that peaceful? What we might have? More on Gene Hackman next? Oh, let's where we're going, all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we'll talk a little Gene Hackman right here on the Bin and Skin Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: The Eagle