Speaker 1: And trampling.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry. Hello. If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 3: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode three, Trampoline and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 3: It sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 4: Thebluey Podcast dot com, our email address blue Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, including the howl outs at the end of the episode, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. Via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: They sure are awesome. Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching. I gotta go work, Stella, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode, Blue being going Bandit.
Speaker 1: We're all playing on the trampoline and Blue and Bandit were playing a game where Bandit had his hand up in the air and Louie was jumping up and down trying to get the top of her head to touch his hand. After a while playing that, he stopped and said that he had to go to work, and both of the girls started chasing him, asking him if he could stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did not want Bandit to go to work, and I get it. I bet he is super fun to hang out with, Amanda. Do you remember what did Bandit call the girls when he said he was getting ready to go?
Speaker 3: He called them bumble nuts.
Speaker 2: They thought that was pretty funny, they did. They knew they had to come up with a plan if they were going to get him to stay.
Speaker 4: How we any I got to stay?
Speaker 3: Thinking? They think.
Speaker 1: What b think of anything?
Speaker 2: Amanda, what plan did they come up with.
Speaker 3: The plan they came up with was for Bandit to have breakfast. They said he couldn't go off to work without having breakfast. He always tells them that it's very important for them to have breakfast in the morning, so he needs to have breakfast as well.
Speaker 2: That is true. I am always saying that.
Speaker 3: He decides that he could have toast really quickly. So he gets back up onto the trampoline and he picks each girl up at a time and puts them in the toaster, and then the girls bounce up and down, and when the toast is done, they bounce out of the toaster.
Speaker 2: It didn't take very long. Bandit was going to try to peruse the newspaper, he said. I like that. He said he was going to bun these into the toaster. I think I might start saying that, let me bun these things over here. Anyway, they pop up and he says it's too soon, but they swear they're ready. Henry, what does he find out?
Speaker 4: He finds out that the toast is raw.
Speaker 2: Have you ever thought about that that bread is just raw toast?
Speaker 3: I've never thought about that.
Speaker 2: Right, I guess all bread is just raw toast. Huh, that works out, and he's ready to go, but they want to keep him there, so they have another thing he needs to have, Henry, what do they say next?
Speaker 4: They said he needed juice.
Speaker 2: Well, I do like a good juice.
Speaker 4: So he goes over to the refrigerator and he looks at what's in there.
Speaker 2: Now, it's just a pretend refrigerator, right, He's opening a pretend door and looking at them. Yeah, what kind of juice? Does Bluie tell him? She is?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 4: At first she said pineapple, and then she said no, wait, blueberry, and then she said no, BlackBerry.
Speaker 2: So she's BlackBerry. Stella Bingo asks bandit a question. What does she say?
Speaker 1: She asks a bandit what fruit he loves, and he says that he loves bananas, So she becomes a banana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, banana. And I think it's so sweet that she wants to know what he loves. She wants him to be happy. He grabs the ingredients and puts them in the juicer, which means he just lays them down on the bottom of the trampoline. Bluey asks another question, though, Stella, what is it?
Speaker 3: She asked what.
Speaker 1: Kind of food he hates? And he says a rock milan, so she becomes rock milin.
Speaker 2: And what was Bingo?
Speaker 4: Bingo was a fly?
Speaker 2: I find it interesting that Bingo asks him what he loves and Bluey wants to know what he hates. It's a pretty wide swing, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yes? It is.
Speaker 2: Does anybody know what a rock melon is?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I've never heard of one until this show.
Speaker 2: When we watched this the very first time and did our first episode on it years ago, we asked this same question. Does anybody remember I don't? What's a fruit that looks like a rock?
Speaker 3: Canelope?
Speaker 1: Tang it?
Speaker 4: I was about to say that you.
Speaker 2: Got it, Canelope, good job. Now does anybody know what a fly is? Oh? Wait, that's an easy one. Never mind, we call him flies to Bandit gets ready to run the juicer, which is just him stomping on the trampoline, which I thought was kind of cute, Amanda. He finishes up the juice. How does that go for him?
Speaker 3: He takes a drink of it and immediately spits it out.
Speaker 2: It is disgusting, yep, And did the girls enjoy that? He says he's really gotta go, but they tell him he needs to have something else, Amanda, what is it now?
Speaker 3: He needs to have some eggs?
Speaker 2: Well, I am off the cobs.
Speaker 3: So he gets back on the trampoline and he takes the girls and he's jumping around on the trampoline trying to get them to crack. The girls are the eggs, so he finally gets them to crack, and then he bounces around trying to get them scrambled in the pan.
Speaker 2: When he was cracking him though, how did he know when they were done?
Speaker 3: They were holding onto their knees while he was bouncing them, and once they finally let go their knees, then he knew that this shell was cracked. Bingo let go of her knees, but Blue was still holding on and Bandit said, boy, this one is a tough shell to crack. Must be a free range egg.
Speaker 2: He gets the eggs scrambled and that should do it. The girls are fighting Bandit. He is trying to leave because he's got to go to work and he has to call in the big guns for help. Henry. What happens?
Speaker 4: He had the call Chilli over so then she could help him get out. After he gets out, he grabs his backpacking. He's walking Away. He looks back and he sees Bingo and Bluie and they're giving him the sad eyes, which makes him feel sad. And then another thing is the music is sad, so now we're all sad.
Speaker 2: It kind of reminded me of the old Incredible Hulk TV show, the Walking Away music. Everybody's like Incredible Hulk TV show, What Are You a Thousand? I know for me, it was always tough for me to leave to go to work when I knew I had to when you guys wanted me to stay and play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were a really good dad, and we just wanted to hang out with you.
Speaker 2: I always love having fun with you guys. You're my favorite people to hang out with. Bandit is out front on the porch steps and he's looking in his backpack and Bluuie shows up. Stella what is going on with them?
Speaker 1: Louis is all upset and she tells Bandit that she doesn't want him to leave, so he tells her to come and sit down by him, and he explains to her that he has to go and do his job, but she also has to stay at home and do her job too, which she says that she doesn't have a job because obviously she's like five, But Bandit tells her that she does actually have a job, and her job is making up games.
Speaker 2: To play, and he throws in some actual chores in after that, but the main job is making up games. Making up games is more important than you think. Okay, Dan, I thought that was really cute, but I wondered where was this gonna go? Stella, what happens?
Speaker 1: Bandit leaves and b Louie decides to go back to the trampoline. Bingo is sitting there, are all sad, and she tells Louie that she doesn't know what to play. But then Bluie gets an idea, so she starts to walk over to the sprinkler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she starts seeing all the stuff and you can almost feel her imagination working as she sees all the things laying around that are available for them to do. So she is making up a game right on the spot, and it is important because she's helping Bingo feel better. Amanda, what do they do?
Speaker 3: The girls take the hose over and Bingo takes it and she folds it kind of in half so the water won't be coming out right then, and Bluie is carrying the part with the actual sprinkler and they carry it over and put it under the trampoline and Bingo, let's go the hose and they get on top of the trampoline. They get back into the trampoline and they're bouncing around and the water is coming up from the sprinkler up through the trampoline and they pretend like they are lettuce and a salad spinner being cleaned, and they're just bouncing and having so much fun.
Speaker 2: I love that their creative and like to just explore things as they go along. What's going to happen? I got good ready? Yeah? It sure turned out great though, And they want mom to come and play, Henry. What do they do?
Speaker 4: Bluuie and Bingo invite Chilian and ask if she wants to have some lunch because they want her to play with them in the trampoline. And Chili asked them who came up with that idea and Bluie said I did, and Chili tells her, good job, Louie, so.
Speaker 2: It really was her job. And that was the episode. Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, it's time for.
Speaker 3: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: I learned that it is hard on kids when we have to lead them and go to work, But you know, it's also hard on us as well. We hate to leave our kids and have to go to work. We love our children and we want to spend all the time we can with them, but we also have to be responsible and take care of our family, and sometimes that includes having to lead them and go to work.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I learned that sometimes you just have to make your own fun.
Speaker 4: I think I agree with Still on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you do just have to make your own fun. Now, that's something that the two of you have been really good at, is using your imaginations and finding things to do and finding ways to have fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are very good at that. They always have been.
Speaker 2: Amanda, you did hit it right on the head. It's tough as a parent. I love playing with these two, especially when they were young and wanted to just be hanging off of me and climbing up me and want me to do stuff with them all the time. And I always hated when it was time to go to work and that time for fun was done. And I'll tell you, as a parent, sometimes in the moment it can seem like a lot, But those years go by so fast. These two now they're not little tiny kids anymore. And I miss those days when they wanted to play all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I miss those days too, when they were little and wanted to play all their little games. But we've had a lot of good memories, and we're making more good memories, aren't we, guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: It is tricky. You don't ever want to use up the time you have longing for the things that were or looking ahead to the things that will be. You've got to live in the moment. So right now, these kids aren't teeny tiny, and so I don't spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about how it was great when they were young, because it's also great right now, but just in a different way.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 3: I like this episode. I thought was very cute how Porbingo was trying her best to think of ideas of how to get dad to stay, and she was having trouble with that, but Bloie was there to help her out, so they work together to come up with some ideas.
Speaker 2: They make a really good team.
Speaker 3: I think they sure do.
Speaker 1: I thought this episode was really cute. I like seeing all that games that Blue came up with. They were all really creative.
Speaker 4: I thought it was funny how they put the sprinkler under the trampoline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was pretty cool. I wonder how much water would actually get through a trampoline. I've never tried that. I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Much water would come through there. It would be probably fun to figure out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's cute how Blue and Bingo work together. Blue is the analytical, kind of sciencey person in her own way, and Bingo is the big heart who wants everybody to be happy when they're playing. That's why she asked bandit, what fruit do you love? Because she thinks about love all the time. She's got this big kind heart. Blue is a bit of a stinker at times because she wants to know what he hates, and that's what she'll be. But it's all in good fun, and the combination of the two of them make for some really good times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're quite a little sister payer.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome? Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 4: The hol out?
Speaker 3: Okay, listen up, everyone else to clap and go whoa, yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it all right.
Speaker 2: We sure do appreciate you, guys, the fans listening to our podcast and giving us so much love with the comments, the reviews, the emails, the voice messages. We always always love hearing from you.
Speaker 3: We sure do. You guys are just the best. Thank you for listening and thank you for loving us.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the comments on Spotify. We heard from Ellie VV, Kimberly Era Grant, our buddy Alex. He has been with us since day one practically, and he has been putting some really cool facts about each episode of Bluie in the comments. So you guys need to go to Spotify and check that out.
Speaker 3: Yes you do.
Speaker 2: We heard from Disco Cat along with JJ and Sophia. We heard from way Ivy, Kaylor, Genevieve, whose favorite are Henry and Amanda?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you Genevieve, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We heard from Muffin, our friend Daisy Jaden and Jared, Alice, Riley and Emily. We got some emails. We heard from Terrence Nate and our buddy Ozzy Oscar. Hi.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 2: Still, if somebody wanted to send us an email, where should they send that?
Speaker 1: Bluegodcasts at gmail dot com very good.
Speaker 2: And if you want to send us a voice message, ask your parents to help you record yourself on a phone, tablet or computer and email that file to us at that email address. We got some new reviews on Apple podcasts. We heard from Oh Buggy, but Nancy, I hope I'm saying that right. It's tough to tell. And also someone who's username is pandas are the goat. Pandas are pretty great.
Speaker 3: Admittedly they're super cute.
Speaker 2: Guys, Thank you so much for the five star reviews. It helps people find the podcast. If they're interested in Bluey, your five star reviews lead that to our podcast. So thank you, thank you, thank you, and also thank you guys again for the emails, the voice messages and the comments. We read and listen to all of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we love seeing them. And just thank you so much for all your support and kind words.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Once again,