Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy and thanks for checking out the podcast edition of the show. Do me a solid and yourself a favor by tapping that follow button. Also like and subscribe. That way you get a notification when we put out a new episode, which is every single day. So here's today's podcast.
Speaker 2: Enjoy.
Speaker 1: Trisa's part of her job description here is to look pretty. She didn't do that today.
Speaker 2: This is the ugly hour for you.
Speaker 3: This is not my best day.
Speaker 2: But why don't you get it started with the first thing that made you laugh?
Speaker 4: All right, when y'all get in my car, please respect the fact that I am.
Speaker 3: A race car driver. Yeah, except you're not. Except I am.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're a dangerous driver.
Speaker 3: Excellent in control driver, very aggressive. It does doesn't mean bad. Very very very sure of what I'm doing. I know where I need to go, I know how I.
Speaker 2: Need to be constant complaining when it's coming.
Speaker 3: It's pointing out what other drivers are doing wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is pretty much the same as complaining about what.
Speaker 2: The other drivers are No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like it's more constructive criticism.
Speaker 1: The fuzz and I, our daughter and I have joked, let's just put our air pods in so we don't have to hear her and put on the noise canceling.
Speaker 4: And it's gone to a whole new level with our daughter who's fifteen, who just got her driver's permit, because now I point out everything that person right there don't do that. This is what that person did wrong. It's gone to a whole new level now that I'm teaching her.
Speaker 1: And I had a old chat with her too about I said, you're not going to get more driving time until you get some time in the online class.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: She just took her little online six hour class to get her permit and then just does nothing but asked to drive. Yeah, and hasn't done any more of the online courses. I was like, this is not working like that. We might have to bump her over into the actual driving school at a professional take.
Speaker 3: I feel like it might.
Speaker 1: It might have to happen coming up on the show today, Tricia. If you don't know this her, she's got two other side jobs. One's the lotto business, the other is television watching.
Speaker 4: So I thought you auditioned it more than that too, But yeah, there's my favorite.
Speaker 1: And I thought you might like to know some of the most hated sitcoms of all time. And it's kind of a delicate thing because some of them you may not have heard of because it didn't last very long, but some of them were around for a long time.
Speaker 2: The people hate it. I can tell you this. You're not going to be happy.
Speaker 1: Oh, The Sandy Show is proud partners with our bank. We invite you to open your account effortlessly online at www dot org dot bank. Remember FDIC. If you're an Adam Sandler fan, stick around. Chris has got some good news for you and the story we love. Before we get to that, apparently, Pumpkin Spice has made its debut earlier.
Speaker 4: Than ever, Earlier than ever. This is as soon as it's ever returned. Old record was August twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: So people get all fired up and excited for the Pumpkin Spice and they're all happy. But boy, you play Christmas music a day before they think you should, and people get mad at you.
Speaker 3: Clip out. Yes, lose there, mom.
Speaker 4: Also, meanwhile, Halloween decorations have been in the Sports Store since like the beginning of July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 1: Stores that are temporary what are they call little pop up stores, they're open already, So really all right, big Business, Halloween, his stories.
Speaker 3: We love all right. So Adam Sandler.
Speaker 4: He has two teenage daughters with his wife, one of them eighteen year old Sadie, the other one fifteen year old Sonny.
Speaker 3: She was talking. He was talking about how his girls look out for him. Apparently Adam enjoys good food, and when I say good, I don't mean good for you, I mean the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Apparently eats so much of it that it worries his kids. His kids have to tell him to dial it back, tell them to eat like a normal person. They want him to be around for a long time.
Speaker 3: He says. They're always looking out for me and my health, just like I used to with my dad.
Speaker 4: I wanted this guy around, so I used to scream up my dad and tell him to quit smoking. His daughters do the same thing for him about trying to eat a little bit more healthy.
Speaker 3: So I thought that was very sweet.
Speaker 4: Starting he's bringing back his stand up comedy routine. He's been out and about doing stand up. I saw him in an interview and he's like, it's filthy. I say filthy things. Gave everybody a heads up, which I thought was really funny.
Speaker 2: But he's got that boyish quality to him that he can.
Speaker 4: Get away with it, right, right, For some reason, it's not as offensive coming from that face made. And then in related news, Sandy, are you a Happy Gilmour fan?
Speaker 2: Of course, isn't right.
Speaker 4: I never saw the whole movie, but I've seen so many times the scene where he and who's the guy from Prices, right, Bob Barker go at it beating a crap out of each other. Happy Gilmore Too will go into production in a couple of weeks, and Swifties can get excited because Travis Kelcey is likely to be in it.
Speaker 1: Oh really, that's smart, that's interesting, the Happy Gilmour movie. That's you know, they put current people in it. I said, Bob Barker wasn't really current, but you know what I mean, right, Icon exact classic. So that's going in the production short a couple of weeks. It says, that's one of those movies. It's gotta be great for him to make because he doesn't have to get any kind of shape forever, you know what I mean, don't have to lose weight and have the game.
Speaker 3: Just doesn't care.
Speaker 4: He and Jennifer Aniston have been like best friends for years, and the joke between them is that when he gets stressed up, it's just his nicer sweatpants and his nicer T show.
Speaker 3: I like that, and he doesn't care. He's like, this is fine for me.
Speaker 1: Hey, if I had one hundred million dollars in the bank, I wouldn't care either. Right, but one little bit, she's Trisha, I'm Sandy. That's the story. We love more coming up. Please know that you might hear Trisha get a little bit fired up right now as a professional television watcher, and we go through some of the what some say are the worst sitcoms of all time. She will defend her favorites. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: That means mine are on the list.
Speaker 2: Uh, yes, ah they are. We'll get to it.
Speaker 1: And just to set quick reminder, grab the Sandy Show podcast wherever you get your podcast. All right, it's music free, it's commercial free. Just search the Sandy Show wherever it just gets your podcast. We'll start out with this is kind of a weird thing because not some of these shows were so bad they got canceled really fast, so.
Speaker 3: You don't have time to get into him.
Speaker 1: Right, did you ever hear of one called Mullaney with John Mullaney. No, he was a remember he was a writer on Saturday Night Live and then he had a couple of things on comedy.
Speaker 4: He's married to Olivia Munn has a baby with her stand up comedian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he They tried to make a TV show out of it called Mullaney and it did not go. While it got canceled after one season, another on the list that Trisha's going to Get Upset About ran for twelve seasons millions of viewers. So you have to wonder how this ended up on the list, But the vocal haters seemed to outnumber the actual fans here.
Speaker 2: When I say.
Speaker 4: Bazinga ah, the Big Bang theory, the.
Speaker 2: Big Bang theory, Well they're wrong. I think they're wrong too.
Speaker 3: They're wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a clever show it is. I think you know what, you know what it is. It's an intelligent, clever show. So I think the dumb people don't get it, don't get it, and therefore they're the ones they are saying it's so bad.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I do remember that when it premiered, the pilot episode, I watched it and I remember thinking to myself there's thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to get back.
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it wasn't until years later that I tried it again and it clicked and it's one of my most favorite shows.
Speaker 3: I fall asleep to it every night on TV.
Speaker 1: Here's one that CBS promoted the crap out of on during football. On Sunday Football, they promoted two Broke Girls. Yes to know and to a pain point that it was like, I don't care about two broke girls.
Speaker 4: You won't watch it because they over promoted it. Yes, I watched it. It's funny. It is that it was time for it to go.
Speaker 2: It lasted six seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's entertaining. I'm not going to say, like, oh my god, I can't wait to watch it. It sees an episode of it again.
Speaker 1: I was just like, jim nance stop telling me about two broke girls.
Speaker 3: So time ruined it.
Speaker 1: You ruined it. I'm gonna gloss this one over because Friends is on.
Speaker 3: That stop it it is.
Speaker 4: I know it's on there, but it's nonsense because it's proven that it was not. It was one of the most successful sitcoms of in history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is just they just put that in there. To get people like us to talk about. Yeah, this one was poor Guy. Do you remember the guy the caveman? They tried to make it, try.
Speaker 3: To make that. I didn't. I didn't watch that.
Speaker 2: The poor guy.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know what I mean, He's like, Wow, I hit it big as a caveman, and now they don't like me.
Speaker 3: As a thirty second commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, stay with the strings. Here's the one one hundred percent agree with. It was horrible. It was a nineteen ninety lasted I think less than one season. When they tried to make Ferris Buehler.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that even remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they you can't replace Matthew Broderick in that, you just can't. And they whoever thought that was a good idea probably got fired. So it did not last long. But that's the number one.
Speaker 3: The number one worst sitcom.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, as they say, there you have it. It's The Sandy Show. Thanks for being with us. We appreciate it. We've got more coming up. The Sandy Show is proud partners with our bank. We invite you to open your account effortlessly online at www.
Speaker 2: Dot org dot bank. Remember FDIC.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to know what artificial intelligence picked as the two best lines from yesterday's radio show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you the whole show?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: AI picked the two best lines from the whole show.
Speaker 1: Yep, and then they and so I was dabbling around with this program that I have. It does a lot of things, but one of the things it does is it picks the best quotes from the show. Okay, and then you can make these little graphics for it and put it on so social media.
Speaker 2: Which I did.
Speaker 1: And you clearly haven't looked at our Instagram account, otherwise you would know these two. Okay, So here we go. This is what artificial intelligence pulled out a yesterday's show as one of the one of the best quotes.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I hope she made one of my burgers because I feel like she makes it with love.
Speaker 3: She sounds amazing as the lady.
Speaker 2: That was Connie Claxton.
Speaker 4: Yes, Connie Claxton, who worked at Whataburger for fifty four years.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I said that.
Speaker 2: You said that. Now here's another one.
Speaker 1: And this was talking about tourists, all right, and says you can come here and have fun, but you got to.
Speaker 2: Keep your eyes open. You can't relax.
Speaker 1: Loves me loves you that it pulled out like the it pulled out like six of them. But the other one is just to make any sense, you know what I mean? Those were like the two best ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were talking about people going somewhere that there was apparently a serial killer on the loose, right, Yeah, they're like, come and hang out, but.
Speaker 3: Sleep with one eye.
Speaker 1: So another thing that this AI thing does is it will it sounds weird. It will listen to your voice, okay, and then it'll make a model of your voice and you can type in any words that you want to say, and it will spit out what it thinks your voice sound would sound like. So it studies the audio like it's would study my voice right now and then try to replicate it the sound of it.
Speaker 2: So do you want to hear what it what it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like like?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: My name is Sandy and this is my artifical intelligence voice. What do you think artifical? Hello everyone, and welcome to the show. My name is Sandy and this is my artifical intelligence voice.
Speaker 2: It sounds should be on a news set somewhere.
Speaker 3: Like it sounds like you got your chin drawn back of your naglo.
Speaker 2: Everybody, ron Berger.
Speaker 3: You're doing the news?
Speaker 4: Are you telling me artificial intelligence doesn't know how to pronounce the word.
Speaker 1: Artificial clearly not artifical, artifical. It's pretty funny though. Hello everyone, and welcome to the show. My name is Sandy and this is my artifical intelligence voice.
Speaker 2: What do you think we got a ways to go?
Speaker 4: You sound like you're very put out to have to be there, like you're trying to hurry up and say it so you can get on with whatever you're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you say that, because you know oftentimes you're like, I don't sound like that, and you do sound just like it. But you're confirming that I do not sound like that.
Speaker 3: That's a weird version of you.
Speaker 4: That's you telling a story and you're trying to do somebody else's voice.
Speaker 1: All I think all I did was type in those words, and then that's the voice that it put out.
Speaker 3: Is it not able to pronounce artificial?
Speaker 2: Maybe I spelt it wrong. I doubt it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know that's what it was.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I can artificial, I know you can, but you might not have no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think they got a ways to go.
Speaker 4: I think it's a huge red flag if artificial intelligence can't pronounce the word artificial, So I'm gonna let's say you misspelled it.
Speaker 1: There's two things I'm convinced of in life. One is that Wendy's will never stop inventing new Hamburgers. They'll never stop, especially when Dave was alive. Yeah, when Dave was alive, my man was introducing a new burger.
Speaker 3: Every every week, right right.
Speaker 1: And the other thing I'm certain of is there will always be people that want to sneak into the zoo, into the zoo, and that they'll do something stupid when they get in the zoo.
Speaker 4: If you're sneaking in, then that's what you're doing is something not very smart.
Speaker 2: Chrissa, do you have one thing that you're always going to be certain of?
Speaker 3: That people are terrible drivers?
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, be more fun than that.
Speaker 3: Right, That they will never ever admit that they.
Speaker 4: Have the ability to ice the pop tarts to the very edge, but for some reason they think they need to leave that little half inch of un un iced pastry on the edges.
Speaker 2: There's technology to improve that.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm sure that they will never include enough icing in those pop open and bake cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Rolls with the little icing at the end. You're related. I was at the airport earlier this week, and I, boy, I fought the urge. They had a cinnabon there?
Speaker 2: What O?
Speaker 3: Why did you fight there?
Speaker 2: You know they have the baby buttons now right a little?
Speaker 3: Are you near a cinnabon? Why would you not take advantage of that?
Speaker 2: I just thought it might be a little too much.
Speaker 3: Stopped, mister tipsy rolling your mouth all the time. Nonsense?
Speaker 1: Oh okay. So one thing I've always been certain of. People always try to sneak into a zoo. And apparently a woman did sneak into a zoo and she wanted to see Tony the Tiger.
Speaker 3: Yes she did.
Speaker 4: Authorities are looking for a woman who climbed over an outer fence in a tiger enclosure at a New Jersey zoo. She climbed over the outer fence and then approached a secondary inner fence that's kind of shorter. It's not as big as the one she climbed over to get in. She put her hand through the fence and was try and calling the tiger over and waving her hand all around. This enormous tiger comes over and he's smelling around right up at the fence with her flicking his tail, and then out of nowhere, he went into attack mode and swiped her hand, went lunged at the fence, and apparent she was able to pull her hand out and not get hurt. And then there's this crazed tiger right there, and she just slowly turns around and casually walks back wrong with her son's going up.
Speaker 2: There's a mental thing, there's got to be.
Speaker 3: The woman got lucky. The police had to release the footage. They found the woman tracked her down. Unclear what happened after that, but it's.
Speaker 4: Not the first time. In twenty nineteen, at the Bronx to Do in New York, a woman climbed into a lion enclosure and started taunting the animals.
Speaker 1: Why look, the animal's already mad.
Speaker 2: He's in a zoo right right.
Speaker 4: It's the same as the people out in the forest the Yellowstone National Parks that approached the bison.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then get gourd and and her surprise. I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: That Influencers in the wild, which is its videos of social media influencers and they don't know they're being videoed, being making their videos.
Speaker 3: Oh, the way it actually looks is what they wanted to look at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a family at a beach and there's some girl torking in the surf, you know what I mean. Yeah, but this one had a guy getting close to a giant elk, I mean, and he had his camera out and he's trying to get close to it.
Speaker 2: This elk did everything he could to say.
Speaker 3: Dude, back up, back it up, don't make me kill you.
Speaker 2: Right, He put his head down, showed him his horn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the shot over the bow, and the.
Speaker 1: Guy's wisely backed away from him. But I could looking at that elk, and I could tell the elk was like, dude, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: And was nobody around, especially person filming, to be like do that?
Speaker 3: Say every year? I can't.
Speaker 1: This whole tiger, this woman with the tiger thing is not girl.
Speaker 3: I hear that. I'm sorry, Oh man, I.
Speaker 2: Was just sitting on that for the right moment.
Speaker 3: You were waiting for that this whole time.
Speaker 2: I was. I it ha a bit of bear it, a bit of yogi.
Speaker 3: You are so exhausting.
Speaker 2: I know, I really am a lot. Alread I you are a lot?
Speaker 3: You say I'm a lot? You come on, give yourself some credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can be a lot, that's for sure. What's your name?
Speaker 3: My name's Tricia.
Speaker 1: My name's Sandy More coming up. Hey, friends, that's it for today. Make sure that you'd like and subscribe and follow this podcast. Also follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio. Have a great day.