Speaker 1: You're waking up fifth in the morning time kiss one?
Speaker 2: I was seven one good morning. Do you like to party? Do you like to socialize? Do you like to have a good time? It's one of my core values in life. And sometimes when you know, I don't know, I'm like, do I come off as someone that parties a lot?
Speaker 1: And that might be the case.
Speaker 2: And it's not always about consumption, right, party doesn't mean consuming, whether that's alcohol or you know, cannabis or whatever, although I do love me a little bit of both. But I like to have a good time and socialize regardless of those things are involved. And I don't feel bad about that because having fun in life. I keep saying that my tab on life is open this summer and I and that's a value of mine. And when I saw this stat, I was like, are we really doing this?
Speaker 1: In America?
Speaker 2: In the last twenty years, partying and socializing has cut down by fifty percent. And then in the age group where you think it's going to happen a lot more like fifty into twenty four, it's cut down seventy percent.
Speaker 1: Whoa consuming a lot less having? What is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Finances? Is it? Life?
Speaker 2: Is super overwhelming. Is it just you don't know how to do it? The access to it? What is it?
Speaker 1: I'll play a quick clip for you. In the old chat two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Three to twenty twenty four, the amount of time that everyday Americans spent hosting or attending a social event declined by half, and it's been particularly bad among young Americans, people between the ages of fifteen and twenty four, when you should be partying all the time, as the song says, your partying is down seventy percent.
Speaker 1: Why is that? Is it because people are working because they don't want to party?
Speaker 3: I don't know it because it's expensive to party. On any given weekend, only one in twenty five of American households are doing something social, either hosting or attending. Isn't that cri? I mean I would think that hosting I'm not sure about that, but I you know, going out to restaurants, going out to bars, that stuff is increasingly expensive.
Speaker 1: Everything is priced way. Wait, you have.
Speaker 3: People over and have some cheese on a plate at home and drink some whatever.
Speaker 2: That's kind of where my thought was with that. I pulled this from CBS this morning. If you want to look at the clip and watch it a little bit further. Yes, the idea of going out and consuming is different than what it was maybe even five years ago, right before the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Totally understand that, But I think it's something else.
Speaker 2: I just think that the zest for life has kind of dwindled away for some and I hope that you get that theme here. Every day when you show up to Tiff in the morning, we try to try to bring.
Speaker 1: You some zet bring you a little zestiness, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of music, a little conversation, a little laugh, little this, a little that. You know, we try to show you a little bit of life every time you show up on my doorstep here. But I think, like most things in life, having fun, having a good time is a choice. You have to put energy and effort into that, just like you have to put energy and effort into anything else.
Speaker 1: So I encourag you this weekend maybe to knock on your neighbor's door.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's me Tip in the morning told me to stop by say hello. No, I hope you are aa and I hope you can show up here and have a good time and show up as yourself. Okay, coming up at nine thirty we do it every day, the daily Debrief. I'll choose the one big thing I think we talked about on the show, and we'll revisit it, giving you a chance to get caught up. And there was nothing bigger this morning than cold Play.