Speaker 1: Ah, yes, it's ninety seven point one the Eagle.
Speaker 2: And this does not sound like we're hanging out in the studio today, because we are hanging out in the Dallas Farmers Market at her Toato ball.
Speaker 1: Make some noise for that. Wow, it was way too far. I got nervous.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they were excited about what was about to happen. We're hanging out at her Toado Barbecue here in the Dallas Farmers Market, and we got here early and appropriately stuffed our face.
Speaker 1: Kevin, how do you feel? I feel wonderful. I feel fulfilled. Yeah, you feel like a better man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a two meat plate and I don't know if I could have handled three meats.
Speaker 1: Not many can. How do you know? I mean I've read books. Oh uh, looks you know the Comra barbecue. You read some books. I watched some movies on it. Did you really quick movies? Yeah? Quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did any of them start with the real estate scenario? No, it's why I got pizza delivery situation.
Speaker 2: So uh. And then from what I understand, Christina, not to promote a special appearance, but you have people coming later that are going to join you for barbecue.
Speaker 1: Is that accurate?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, who doesn't want to come have dinner here at her title? Yeah, Me and Kat went in on lunch. You guys are having dinner.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And there's already some folks here that are listeners at the station hanging out.
Speaker 1: And it's a big day for giveaways.
Speaker 2: Not only are we here giving away this show for free, but you can come and get signed up for all.
Speaker 1: Hey man, would you wave over there? Just everybody look at her.
Speaker 2: She is the gatekeeper of giveaways and today Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: You guys are great, you'll clap for anything.
Speaker 2: And so what we're giving away today is, in fact, we may be doing it right this second. We're giving away right now TCU Baylor men's basketball tickets and that's just the beginning. After that, we're gonna have motocross at out there at Jerry World.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have Monster Jam.
Speaker 2: Then we are going to crescendo up in the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: And this is important.
Speaker 2: We wanted to do it in the five o'clock hour because we're not far from the American Airlines Center. We have two pairs of tickets to tonight's Mavericks game, and we're gonna give those away in the five o'clock hour, and you're gonna be able to, like, you know, drink a beer and then just go straight to the American.
Speaker 1: Airline Center and go to the game.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, So we're not gonna do that until the five o'clock hour, but we do have two pairs of tickets to give away for that, and then are we gonna do disturbed tickets in the four o'clock hour?
Speaker 1: What do you guys think? Sure we got disturbed tickets? Yeah, I know some people here really want those to serve tickets.
Speaker 2: Clear what's happening behind me? You gotta be in it to win it. It's like lotto, you gotta be in it to win it. So, uh, come on out here and get signed up for all these cool giveaways, hang out with us, but more importantly, throw down on some barbecue.
Speaker 1: Did you guys? Uh, which locations have you been to? You've been to Arlington, Okay, ballpark?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't been this one. I haven't been to Mansfield. I haven't been to Mansfield.
Speaker 2: I've been Arlington, I've been to Fort Worth and I've been to the ballpark. And I did not know, I don't know what it's like in Arlington or Mansfield. I didn't know the bar was going to be this badass here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is tired.
Speaker 2: Like this is like people will come here just to hang out at the bar and they go, oh my god, they have incredible barbecue.
Speaker 1: What was I thinking? Did you see the shot glasses too? Are you guys doing shot here? Yeah? They all did shots. The glasses alone make me want to do one. Do you guys want Christina to do a shot with? No? No, no, no, no, no, that's okay. I'm not in charge of that.
Speaker 2: Make the last hour Yeah, okay, last hour shot Christina.
Speaker 1: Uh but yeah.
Speaker 2: And so looking over there, man, they got a nice array of beers on tap, including a couple of roller Town selections, which makes us really happy. Nice give those people disturbed tickets. And then and then look at all that liquor up there. Man, they got like a great selection here. So the bar is kicking. The food is badass. And then of course we're doing all these giveaways, and I think another thing we should give away right now is the intro.
Speaker 1: Sart talking boys right now, you're.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right, right right, you trying to do one.
Speaker 4: Or tui ehic with our show. You're gonna ruling it, except with some more sweet pursuing it. Hannold out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what you're ling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard starting to get craddic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit to then zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 5: I'm wan hang out with the friends, rocking on the radio. My mossad talking on radio. It's time we go KT up.
Speaker 4: All up radio.
Speaker 2: She's just heard on that intro. It's not with us today. He is getting over it. But we've had good communication with Ben today and we think he's on the other side of all this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very little communication last two days and then today I think he's snapping out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I talked to him briefly this morning and he definitely went home, like you know, it happened in the middle of the show, just like he did with KT. He went home and changed into his clothes, like sleep clothes. I thought, you're going to see a diaper, change into a diaper. Yeah, change into his sleep clothes and then stayed in bed until this morning. Yeah, like basically has not left bed. So uh but he finally got out this morning and it was so funny, like, uh, cat his wife just basically put a bucket in there, just in and then went about her business for two days like I'm good.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what you gotta do if you want to get it. Ben said.
Speaker 2: The only one who checked in on him was his daughter Grace, and that was because she was waiting for him to get her math tickets. Oh yeah, so so nobody else was checking in on Ben except the bn S thread that we all share together. But anyways, Ben will be back on Monday. But it's probably good that he didn't come in today.
Speaker 3: They're the last You're the last one who hasn't gotten this. If he does have the norovirus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he only we don't want to get two into it at a restaurant. But he only had half of the symptoms. Yeah, you guys had the full symptoms. I would say he had the worst of the symptoms.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't want to get I think it's probably a good time to move on. But you know, it's one thing that happens when people get sick, is they immediately have to watch a three and a half hour movie. And Kat, right after you got sick, you immediately watched a three and a half hour.
Speaker 1: Movie called The Brutal. I took a week off to prepare. Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like the ten movies that are nominated, which for I'd seen The Ass and four or five I hadn't even heard of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the thing. Like Christina, what you've seen Dune? Yeah, I think I saw.
Speaker 2: She doesn't even know if she saw one of them. I think that's the nature of Doune. You're not sure what you have or have it seen. And there was a whole HBO Dune series, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is Dune Prophecy the series or is that the movie?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think the Prophecy nobody. It's gonna be a series. It's okay, Yeah, no, I think it's on. Oh.
Speaker 2: I feel like every time I would check on HBO on a Sunday night to see what was on.
Speaker 1: That was on Maybe that's the first one, Oh, the first series. It's hard to know. Man, I just don't like how content happens anymore. I don't either.
Speaker 3: It's it's confusing. It's not regimented, and it's not all congruent with how we live our lives, and we can all do things together. You can't do things together anymore.
Speaker 2: And you guys should represent the older end of the younger spectrum. I think the younger spectrum is now shoving us, shoving y'alling with mine and Ben's age group. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. We've been pushed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys have been pushing You're only in your mid thirties. Yeah, jen Z is out to get us. Man, screw that.
Speaker 3: Nah, I mean we need to welcome them, because then we just sound like what you sounded like to us.
Speaker 1: And you don't want to turn into that old yelling at cloud. Yeah I already turned into that so that when you were like twenty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the one and the reason I wanted to see it our good and respected friend Mike the Machine Marshall, Oh yeah, made a mintion of this about three or four months ago, and it was just like conversation like what would you do if you like had free time all yourself, Like if you had a Saturday where you didn't have the wife and kid? Right, He's like, I don't know man, we just go to theaters and watch The Brutalist And I was like The Brutalist Like, I was like what And then I went and Duggins on what is this? So it's a three hour and thirty five minute movie starring Adrian Brody.
Speaker 1: Who really hasn't been around in like a decade. He really has it besides winning time he was pat.
Speaker 2: Rye oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the first time I think i'd seen him in forever.
Speaker 3: And man, I I saw it. I saw it in two parts because I got it at home and don't ask.
Speaker 1: How sounds illegal. I don't know that it's illegal. You went it on the Eagle and I won it. Yeah, And I don't want to spoil it and give it away, okay, because.
Speaker 3: The first thirty minutes I was about out, but then something happens that goes okay, and I'm like, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just getting started. It's a first quarter here.
Speaker 2: It's great when the first thirty minutes of a three and a half hour.
Speaker 1: Movie are boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I was like, you know what, I've watched worst Cowboy games that take three and three and a half hours, So what now fight through this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, trick something good happens.
Speaker 3: And by the time Night one, which was Wednesday night, was over, I was like, you know what, I'm ready to watch this tonight.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is I think it's going somewhere. Okay, it's really well done. Yeah, it's nominated for an Academy Award.
Speaker 3: So it's the favorite. Oh yeah, it has been the favorite for a long time.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I was not prepared for what part two brought me last night. And I'm not going to spoil anything, and I won't even say out loud some of the things that happened, like architecture. If you like architecture and a little bit of heroin, you're a movie, all right. But there is a big problem that I have is if you have a three hour and thirty five minute movie, there should be no remaining questions about what went down.
Speaker 1: Really, there should be none.
Speaker 2: It should be crystal that's full Stanley Kubrick style.
Speaker 3: Well, I now know what happened, and it is what I thought happened. But well I went and confirmed it just because I wasn't sure. Yeah, but still, after three hours and thirty five minutes, that was an infuriating ending. I do think you should watch it did it end with a big song and dance number. No, it does end with a bad thing happening to a crippled person.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think the term is compromised.
Speaker 3: Compromised. She had osteoporosis from famine in the war.
Speaker 1: She drinks milk. This doesn't sound like a good movie. Wait till you see what happens in the alley way, dude.
Speaker 2: You know what though, Oh my, most movies that take place in the past, nothing good happens.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch Malana too. Instead of The Brutalist.
Speaker 3: The best things that happen is when he goes and gets on the heroin because his wife is still overseas the worl separated, and he's having a good time with these like jazz clubs. He's hooking up with other chicks. That's the best stuff that happens in the movie. So that's the stuff you support. Things get real bad when his wife shows up.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, the compromise and then what happens in the alley Okay, oh my god, all right, uh my plans are settled for this weekend. I'm gonna fast forward to the alley scene of The Brutalist and not have to sit through the full three hours.
Speaker 1: Don't mouth that. Well, he knows I'm not gonna watch it, Okay, yeah, I don't want to know. I'm gonna watch it tonight. I think he's gonna like it. He's not gonna watch it tonight, and he's I'm gonna watch it after. I'll get Holady to start that movie.
Speaker 2: I'll get home at eleven fifteen and crank up three and a half hours of the Brutals. All right, get on out here and win some stuff. Did we give away TCU tickets yet?
Speaker 1: Are we about to?
Speaker 2: We're about to give away TCU tickets and then Boler, Yeah, TCU and Baylor, and then we have Disturbed tickets. We have Monster Jam Motocross and then of course the Math tickets in the five o'clock hour. So get on up here. Farmers Market, Hertato Barbecue, Best MEXICU and Town Bar None coming up next?
Speaker 1: What are we doing in the Hollywood shuffle tizzle?
Speaker 3: Weirdly, the odds for who's going to be the Super Bowl halftime act for next year are already out?
Speaker 1: All right, is it? Kendrick Lamar? Stick around and find out