Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. Come on, come on, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan, come on now wait you wear jake.
Speaker 1: Hands off Snake. You welcome aboard on this tattooesday. Busy, busy week, man, I know every day is busy. Double oh seven Sean Connery going for win number three. He can make a run. He can get into that Hall of Fame Tournament of Champions if he wins it. Outright a wall Nation. It's in homeroom on the fun Tat flashback our final Thanksgiving edition of the Chili Brown Game. Come in your way at seven twenty, one of the best readings of all time last week with that fall mix in Chili Smith. That's how you're gonna get qualified for that trip to Alter Ego. That's right, we are giving away a trip out to California for our Alter Ego show. Winner picked on Friday. We'll get you qualified at seven twenty. The Fall Guitarvest fly Leaf went out yesterday. Aaron Jones went on the Wheel still fourteen guitars on the Wheel of Guitarist Autographed Guitars winner picked today at A twenty. Well, we'll spend the wheel at A twenty at two hundred and fifty dollars. Living Spaces give card early in the nine Google Dolls tickets. They're coming to town with dashboard Confessional will have those for you on Know the show.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain sunny skies. Much different than yesterday.
Speaker 1: Highs today of around eighty Good morning, Tessa Winner Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod, good morning a home room. So yesterday the biggest news was the new name for the Astros Ballpark. The Houston Astros announced the new naming rights. Now Alex went through it. He knew the name, he broke the news. It is now going to be known as dyke In Park Dyking Comfort Technologies, hoping. I didn't know they're a worldwide air conditioning company, nobody that's headquartered in Japan. Yeah, no one knew. But we're gonna have to get a little more comfortable with this, right. They have a huge manufacturing facility called the dyke In Texas Technology Park. It's in Waller, which is just outside of Houston, and the new name will become official on January first. This is a deal that will last for fifteen years. The financial terms haven't been disclosed yet, but Minute May, who has held the naming rights since two thousand and two, will continue to be a partner with the Astros organization.
Speaker 4: Through at least twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 3: They just don't have that backing to keep that Minute made name at the front of the ballpark.
Speaker 1: Okay, who's this Japanese company. I'm like, yeah, ten thousand people work there here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a Texas company right here in Waller. Okay, let's talk about President Trump. He'll reportedly be here in Texas to view the latest space X launch. Remember I was saying it was supposed to happen tomorrow at four pm. Okay, well, the weather was not playing nice. So now just before sunset this evening, SpaceX's Starship rocket is scheduled to launch on its six test flight to space. And you can the fact that Elon owns space dot com and that's where you can get all the news for the Starship launch.
Speaker 4: It's pretty easy. Okay.
Speaker 3: So they say four o'clock again is the window. There's a thirty minute window that opens up at four o'clock.
Speaker 4: All right, We're going to.
Speaker 3: See if today's launch will mirror that most recent flight with the return and catch of that super heavy booster which looked really cool. The chopstick arms will be looking out for that, all right. Triple A expects a record number of Americans to travel for Thanksgiving. They're predicting the worst traffic days to be next Tuesday and Wednesday. What do you know, that's when I'm traveling home. And then the Sunday and Monday following Thanksgiving those are going to be bad too. I guess that Thursday, that Thanksgiving day is your little window, maybe your best time to leave. Let's talk about the music. Oh no, no, let's talk about Madonna the biopic. Okay, So Madonna's been working on this biopic for four years and you're thinking, are we ever going to see this thing?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: On Instagram yesterday, she says, after struggling for days in La, listening to producers and agents tell me why I couldn't make my film, I realized that everything in my life is going to be challenged, she said, no easy rides for me. I guess I should be grateful forces me to think outside the box. So she's asking fans to weigh in whether or not she should say maybe, like tell the stories in a series rather than a movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, through that. I want to watch it from my couch. I don't want to go to the theater to see a Madonna movie.
Speaker 4: I watched some episodes of Madonna.
Speaker 1: I want to hear I'll watch it on TV for sure.
Speaker 4: Take your time telling this story.
Speaker 3: If there's a lot of stories, Let's go make a juicy while you're in it.
Speaker 1: Does you have a poll question or something or chime in?
Speaker 3: Asking people to chime in on Instagram, but to think before they answer.
Speaker 4: Good luck with that. That's the Internet.
Speaker 3: Courtney loves handwritten lyrics of the whole song Violet are up for auction and Billy Corgan is going to try to win them because he says the song is about me. He was talking in an Instagram video.
Speaker 4: We have the link.
Speaker 3: He's like, it's a it's about a guy I know a little bit, and I'd love to put it on my wall. So yeah, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Might be my favorite whole song. Okay, I went to bed, Sorry, I couldn't stay out come on Wow, but I woke up. I was very happy. Yeah, some fan Monday night football.
Speaker 6: Last night, Textans beat the Cowboys thirty.
Speaker 1: Four to ten.
Speaker 6: They never trailed at all in the games.
Speaker 7: Will mix and rush for one hundred and nine yards and three touchdowns, two of those in the first quarter. Texas are now seven and four in the season. They have a two game lead for first place in the AFC South. They're gonna play their next game against the Titans on Sunday at n RG Stadium.
Speaker 6: In basketball, Rockets fount of the Bucks last.
Speaker 7: Night one oh one to one hundred. The loss put an endo what had been a five game winning streak. Rockets are not gonna have a day off today before they played the Pacers tomorrow night back at home.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on. All right, here we go, let's do this. Oh we're gonna be so busy today, but it is. I'm telling you, nobody's got a busy or fall season than the Rod Ryan Show. We are stacked today. Strap yourselves in four hours of pain. Who wants the first phone call? Come get it if you dare seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: The most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 1: Oh, by Farck is this one nanety four five The buzz Pod Youth of the Nation. We are often running four hours of pain rod Ryan Show Happy Tattouesday. That of course will be our Instagram feature today. I just sent the Looking at Girls blog page over to Chile Food blog page, Crazy.
Speaker 2: Criminal blog page today.
Speaker 1: Lots of stuff on links and guests, lots of Thanksgiving content already, and I do have a poll question. I guess there's been deemed the Big five for Thanksgiving, like these are the five things that are that people say that they most need on their table. We're looking for what's the sixth thing that would be outside of turkey, stuff being mashed, gravy and pumpkin pie, because that's the Big five apparently not my big five. That's what people said with the Big five. What's number six? Is it green bean? Cast role? Is it rolls? Is it another pie? Is it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I forgot what the choices are, so you can go check that out.
Speaker 3: Potato people like that sweet potatoes are Yeah, I mean mac and cheese.
Speaker 9: A lot of people.
Speaker 3: Mac and cheese was never growing up on the table, but like I don't know, within the last five years, it's like, yeah, macaroni and.
Speaker 1: Cheese with the kid, it's a staple now for sure with my in my house, in my Thanksgiving dinner Mac and cheese has become a big five six must have on the table that day.
Speaker 4: Broccoli, rice castle.
Speaker 2: Brussels sprouts are kind of big.
Speaker 4: Now, oh yeah, we have.
Speaker 1: Never had them growing up. I thought they were little fart balls. I never I thought. I thought brussel sprouts were disgusting when I was a kid, So we.
Speaker 4: Didn't have like air fryers to make them all good.
Speaker 1: I'm out baked them and didn't put anything on them that my mom did in season anything. All right, double O seven. Sean Connery's going for win number three and fresh out of bed head to head challenge, I said a Wall Nation tickets are coming your way on the fun Fact flashback. So homeroom is going to be busy as always getting to that first fall call in just the second.
Speaker 2: The Chili Brown Game, it's the last.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've only done two thanks This will be number two two Thanksgiving rounds of the Chili Brown Game. We're going to play at seven twenty Chili will do another amazing reading from the Thanksgi the Chili Brown Thanksgiving Brook or I guess it's the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Book. But this will get you qualified for that Alter Ego show out in California. We have a trip to give to you our listeners. Okay. On the bill is Cage the Elephant, Incubus, Lumineers, Glass Animals, Offspring, and more. You want to go out to California, then you need to listen to the Chili Brown Game. Seven twenty. We'll get rolling with that. The Fall Guitarvest rolls on. We will spin the wheel at around eight twenty, find out what guitar we're gonna be given away, and then we'll take all the calls. You know how we do that. Now last week, it's the second big week, but it is our last week of the Fall Guitarist. They only gave me, they only said it can give away ten guitars. We have a whole room full of them, but ten is better than none. Two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces gift card. Early in the nine o'clock hour, google doll tickets on the show and then phones are ringing.
Speaker 10: It's in time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: You'll see what Andrew has to talk about here. Andrew, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Brother Rod? Hey dude? How are you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great. Six to ten, best time of the day. Yes, that's the rod Ryan Show. I love that Christmas music.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, you know what I'm dealing with down the hall, right?
Speaker 8: Oh? I know, man, that's just nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean it's not that, it's nonsense.
Speaker 8: I can't have people leaving.
Speaker 1: You can't have people leaving. You can't have people leaving. All right, So we got you six to ten. Thank you, Andrew. How'd you want to get the show started today?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 11: I just want to tell you guys how happy I was to hear my kid sing Torn the other morning.
Speaker 1: Whoa how did that come? Your kid is in Torn Club?
Speaker 8: Kid joined Torn Club. Ever, my wife accidentally started singing the lyrics wrong.
Speaker 7: What do you ever?
Speaker 2: She started singing them wrong.
Speaker 8: She started singing them wrong. She's singing the wrong part of the song.
Speaker 11: She was all excited because it came on, and my son taps on the shoulder and he's like, those are the wrong lyrics. He she rewinds the song, turns it up. Kid sings the entire song straight up, the best moment in my life, and call to tell you, guys, that's.
Speaker 1: That's like telling me that your kid took their first step that the kids is what's your what's your kid's name? Dominic?
Speaker 2: And how old is Dominic?
Speaker 8: Dominic is fourteen? No, not his type of music. So I don't know how he noticed this song.
Speaker 4: How did the banger?
Speaker 2: How did he come to know about the song?
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 8: I have no idea. Is it viral on TikTok or the kids liking?
Speaker 2: To my knowledge, Torn Club is a local club.
Speaker 5: I did see a.
Speaker 7: Video this weekend and it was in like an Irish pub and they're saying complicated from av Levine and then they go into Torn rocked.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that segue. Yeah, I'll dig it up at I don't mind. Like you know, anybody wants to stick around for the Complicated club.
Speaker 6: Right, oh yeah, complicated. Then you go into the Torn Club.
Speaker 3: Well, you're toured, you try to solve it, you realize.
Speaker 7: How come can go from You're not necessarily still in the Torn Club. Then you go into the Complicated club. But then you always go back to the Torn Club.
Speaker 1: Torn Club could meet at seven, but if you want to talk complicated six thirty, get here a little early. Yeah, that's awesome, Andrew, it's a proud father right there. Thanks for getting started with that today.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, have a great day, guys.
Speaker 9: Awesome bro Okay, come on, you should love this.
Speaker 2: All I see on the internet right now is like these alpha males.
Speaker 1: Alpha.
Speaker 2: This is us showing our vulnerability.
Speaker 6: I do love it. I support you things too.
Speaker 1: We're taking it.
Speaker 2: We're taking ownership of this.
Speaker 3: At the complicated No you guys are you guys are really leaning in to do it.
Speaker 2: Take over all your music. We're going after a del next.
Speaker 1: All right, let me take a break on the flip. Got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's dreading, and then we'll get set up for our fresh out of bed rock and all tearing.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am, ninety four or five the bus, Welcome back rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Show me.
Speaker 2: Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today.
Speaker 1: All right, let's dry out a little bit, sunny skies, highs of around eighty I'll take that. Okay.
Speaker 3: So last night Monday football was the big it's the big trend, that's what everyone's searching for. But before the game, there was a roof mishap like a TE and T stadium, A big chunk.
Speaker 1: Of the roof fell down trying to kill people. They wanted to open the roof and have it opened for the game. It hadn't been opened in two years apparently, and you know, things came loose. A couple of pieces came loose. One came down, crashing to the ground, almost hit somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they just.
Speaker 1: Realized, Okay, at least they tried it before people got in there. Well, not true.
Speaker 2: There were people down on the floor and like I said, one guy almost got hit.
Speaker 6: The news made it seem like it was like a full stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah it wasn't. Wow.
Speaker 3: So there was an Eco Collins touchdown that got nullified, but he was the first place was Yeah, he like untouched touchdown. He had a really impactful return despite that nulliphied touchdown, and really just the Texans looked great. It was one of these situations where I was like, Okay, everyone, I feel I could breathe a sigh of relief.
Speaker 4: There was also a ton of Texans fans in the house. You could see it in the crowd.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was going on there then. I don't know, I guess I guess it's mostly like.
Speaker 9: Some political stuff.
Speaker 3: There's also the game Awards that the twenty twenty four Game Awards. That's got a ton of searches on Google. I think it's got to do with the video game world, so I can retweet some of this stuff out.
Speaker 4: I'm not really I don't have my pulse on the video game world like no one on this show.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending on eighty four five to the Buzz, Good moarning everybody.
Speaker 13: Two times Hall of Famer Sean Connery. Now you're fresh out of bed Head to head two day champion, Don't worry, Alex and Chili, I'm gonna save your brackets.
Speaker 2: Uh that speech just stop there.
Speaker 6: It seems like, yeah, that keeps happening.
Speaker 1: There's a little gremlin that comes in here and sometimes messes with our speeches. Okay, Uh well, I think he called you guys all bitches. Somewhere in the name sure he said, you know, I think he said, join me on Tuesday Tattooesday when I make it win number three bitches. I think he said something like that. So if you want to play him seven one three two one two four five The Right Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety.
Speaker 7: Four five of.
Speaker 1: Come on now ninety four to five the buzz, there's some disco lebanade from Marcy Playground, Rob Ryan's show on a tattouesday. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies, highs of around eighty. Let's just go play the game already.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to Head challenge. Listeners to your corners, get to your corners.
Speaker 1: Everybody on my left corner. It's gonna be Sean Connery, double O seven, Good morning, Hey, good morning, Rubber show doing great. Those blue trunks and the blue trunks. Sean Connery, you're going for win number three? That was a question? Yeah, okay, Oh Big Lou, Big Lou, good morning, Good morning, Big Blue in the white trunks in the other corner, Big Blue, what was the last time you played?
Speaker 5: It was early this year?
Speaker 2: Do you win at the fresh round of bed head to Head?
Speaker 5: I used the only win one game and that did.
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: All right, Ice Skin, can you spoil what's going on here with Sean Connery?
Speaker 2: I mean you want to you want to come in here and make Alex upset?
Speaker 1: Is that what you want?
Speaker 5: And oh yeah, that's what I called for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Chili Chili's not going to be upset today. He's so happy about last night.
Speaker 2: You could ruin it.
Speaker 1: You could set your brackets on fire, and Chili wouldn't be in a bad mood today.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, big Lou, Let's see if you can take a couple of cuts here against Sean Connery.
Speaker 2: What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I've got a pair of take ce Jerry Cantrell, the House Blues?
Speaker 1: All right, good luck, all right, there's Sean Connery's music, there's the game better. Okay, here we go. Now we're ready, Yeah, we are ready, big Lou.
Speaker 2: I guess you're just yelling out Lou.
Speaker 1: Right, that would be quicker.
Speaker 5: I yell at my full name, which is Lewis Lewis.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lewis and Shawness. We'll be listening for both of you to yell out your name. Question number one, what color is the Hulk?
Speaker 6: Shawn?
Speaker 2: Shawnas green? Yeah, he's green?
Speaker 1: Now, Lou, you were right in the purple trunks, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it didn't matter what colored pants he was wearing. He wore like khakis quite a bit, but somehow when he turned into the Hulky to get orange pants, Lou, you were right there on his behind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, felt like I was.
Speaker 1: You were right there. You felt like that, you could feel that. Huh, he probably felt it too. You were close. You feel Yeah, Nuts the butts, Sean, Lou, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What is the name of the river?
Speaker 2: Sean, Oh my god, nuts and butts out there on the table.
Speaker 8: What do you got, I'll say, the Amazon.
Speaker 1: Show me the Amazon.
Speaker 2: Woo speeding.
Speaker 14: Already.
Speaker 1: Okay, big Lou. What's the name of the river that flows through Egypt?
Speaker 5: The Nile?
Speaker 2: The Nile is the correct answer? Lo's on the board.
Speaker 13: I said Amazon because I think that question was asked a couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks ago, the Amazon question. Oh, we asked the Nile question.
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that was my thought process. Yeah, Tessa says she's in denial.
Speaker 8: Yeah, makes up.
Speaker 2: On this show, I would actually go with a question that was already used.
Speaker 1: I would not. I would not try to counter program that. All right, here we go, uh, Sean and Lou Lewis and Shawness Okay, this is I'm gonna go with this question. Boy, here we go. Sorry, bye bye, brackets. What dance involves two hops? Two hops?
Speaker 13: Sean Hopscotch.
Speaker 2: No, not really a song.
Speaker 3: Dance?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, not really a dance. What dance involves? Two hops to hops? Lewis bunny hop the bunny hop? Yeah kind of, but no, it would be the Chachaw slide. Oh my, I feel like a song lyrics.
Speaker 3: You can what in the world.
Speaker 6: Ballad?
Speaker 3: Out of touch?
Speaker 2: Classic classic, Big Lou, do you.
Speaker 5: Really think we're gonna know something like that?
Speaker 1: Slide to the left.
Speaker 4: I'm purposely doing things. I hope you don't.
Speaker 1: Slide to the right. Two hops, two hops. I tried to sing it too. I should have had a should have had Alex do it. Yeah, all right, here we go, you each have one. That question had been on there for a while too. All right, here we go. Let's get in the game. Get in the game your mind, right, Lou, Sean, Here we go. I'm right what car company makes the Mustang? But Sean, yes, everyone knows the right to the left? Okay, Big Lou?
Speaker 9: Well, uh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know you were You were the other player today, really not really not on that last one.
Speaker 1: You were closer. On the whupe one, you were close. The Chushaw slide was what it was. The must The Mustang, the Ford one. He got you on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I believe you, better believe me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I believe you all right, big Lou. Good to have you on. I have a good Thanksgiving hey, Sean. Yeah, okay, I still might have to flush out a couple more of those. I can't. I can't have those on my page during the tournament.
Speaker 3: Are those like really easy questions?
Speaker 4: So easy?
Speaker 1: They were so easy?
Speaker 2: Let's go, It's easy, victory speech out of you.
Speaker 1: Hopefully the whole thing will be there. Uh, sit tight by. We don't need your attitude. We have one of our own.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Show, one.
Speaker 1: Of us okay, ninety four or five, The buzz our friends, Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die. I think shinedowns on a couple of those Buzzfest guitars that are still in play. The Fall Guitarvist autographed guitar giveaway, another big week of it. Every day we get rolling with that. At around eight twenty, we'll tell you the guitar that's up for grabs. We'll get you guys calling in, we'll play the ten calls, we'll have some fun, we'll ruin some dreams of nine of you, and then give away an autograph guitar to call her number ten. Before that, we got the Chili Brown Game. Chili Brown today at seven twenty, there's only two rounds. It's the final round already.
Speaker 2: How is that possible?
Speaker 1: It's the final round of the Thanksgiving edition of the Chili Brown Game seven twenty that gets you qualified for that trip out to California to our alter ego show. Sunny's guys here. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain hides them around eighty crash out.
Speaker 2: Of bed, head to head, shout ange, here's your current champion.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody. Two time Hall of Famer Sean Connery hanging in there. I am your fresh out of bed, had to head three day champion. Even with those crazy questions. I do not want to bust up. Those brackets are selling me on Wednesday when I make it one number four.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the whole speech, Alex? Did you hear the whole game?
Speaker 6: Did you hear the part I hope I hear it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the part about the bitches and everything?
Speaker 2: It's there, right, It's there.
Speaker 1: Okay, nobody touch that because I want to play that again tomorrow morning. As is all right Yeah, something's going on with those speeches around here. A wall nation tickets coming up. But first, shit's the fuck back to the day. Let's go. We make you look smart here, buddies, it's the fun back to the day. I brought in some fun facts and then I walked in. Nicole sends me a lot of fun facts. She sent me some really good ones. Yeah, play and kiln our. She's our pottery gal. She was out there at the golf tournament. This will be fun to go around the room. I now know what the world's best selling musical instrument is, and he guesses here, Tessa, guitar, guitar. It's a good guest recorder. The recorder yet, because you're forced to play fourth grade is when we had to play the third or fourth grade fourth one of them. Yeah, hell, world's best selling musical instrument harmonica. Sometimes hal flexes and we go, oh, yeah, that's right. He is a pretty smart fella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really impressive when someone's like on a guitar piano, then they just bust out the harmonica too.
Speaker 14: Yecket.
Speaker 1: I think my drunk grandfather, I think could play gave us harmonica's when we were little kids. I still have it, the little Rita grass. I think maybe that's it, okay.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Jack Black's mom Judith Love Cohen.
Speaker 1: She was an aerospace engineer who worked on the Hubble telescope. She also co created the abort guidance system that was used during Apollo thirteen's mission to bring Tom Hanks home. Sorry, that was just a movie. The real Astronauts home. Smott super wicked, smart wicked smot Jack Black's mom. A final fun fact for you today. I thought this was interesting, Alex. In nineteen until nineteen sixty six, NBA teams could claim players who went to college within fifty miles of the arena before the draft. That's how teams managed to grab up players including Will Chamberlain Oscar Robinson. Back in the day, that's neat. He would say, fifty miles you take a protractor. It's like, uh ah, he plays school right there.
Speaker 6: We got owned to us.
Speaker 1: How cool is that? It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart. Every body's it's the.
Speaker 12: Fuck the day.
Speaker 1: If we said that was a protractor or a compass, what what is that thing that makes the circle? Is a compass?
Speaker 6: Pompus?
Speaker 1: Next circle?
Speaker 6: Protractor?
Speaker 1: Pro tract protracts, protracts things. Okay, tell me about this, Tell me about this prize we're given away.
Speaker 14: My next question.
Speaker 4: I've got a pair of diggs. See a wall nation at the House of Booth, Well, then.
Speaker 2: We should play this.
Speaker 1: That's always right there for me, Thank god. M Okay. Officially this was like the most morbid fact, but I don't know. For some reason, I found it really interesting yesterday. Officially six people died in the Great Fire of London in nineteen sixty six. Now they put up a they erected, not protracted, they erected a monument and uh to commemorate it. How many people have died falling off of it? Seven one three, two, one two five five. Now time for rockout? Would your stock out with Captain Cash? All right, there's the smarty pants I'd be doing on Wall Street. Yesterday it was a mixed down Wall Street.
Speaker 15: The Dow was down fifty five points kickoff this morning at forty three thousand and three eighty nine, Nasdaq up one hundred and thirty three to eighteen thousand, seven hundred and ninety one Bench Martener Treasury that's trading at a four point three eight percent at oils dance at sixty eight dollars sixty five cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs Boeing, IBM and Verizon, the big duds Nike, Disney and Navidia.
Speaker 1: On the economic calendar.
Speaker 15: This morning we'll get numbers on housing starts, also building permits for October. Right now, futures they need a little help. Throw on the downside. Let's turn this baby around. That's it, I'm out here. This is howl In Mini's director with the Raymon James porter for the rod rynch Chew from Ramy James on Sam Fleep and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out in the stockout.
Speaker 10: Faman's express are those of hell Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates Income Ever, nac AS, IBC, IART Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to. This programs are educational and informational services on the stones are based on movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back Rod Ryan's Show. Yeah, fresh out of bed, hits ahead, Planet Fitness, Tournament of Champions. If Sean Connery wins, Tomorrow would be four, Thursday would be five.
Speaker 2: What do we do on Friday?
Speaker 1: Just a funzies game, Yes, you're a fundies game.
Speaker 2: And then we come back and then we're off.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, then we're off for Thanksgiving and then we come back and play the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 6: We'd start on Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Planet Fitness gift card one thousand dollars and one thousand dollars I think, and a Planet Fitness gift card to the winner this year. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, fun fact flashback, here we go. Stephanie, good morning, good morning, Hello, how are you? I'm great? How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Awesome? I felt weird about asking this one, but I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 1: Six people died in the Great Fire, the Great Fire of London in sixteen sixty six. They built a monument to commemorate it.
Speaker 2: And how many people have died falling off that monument?
Speaker 1: Seven? You need a monument for the monument.
Speaker 14: I'm right.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Stephanie, I'm sorry, it's so Mormon. What are you giving her?
Speaker 3: You get to see a wall Nation at the House of Blues separe tickets or yours?
Speaker 1: Congratulations show so much. My husband knew this was going to be the question. Oh really, yeah, because I thought it was well, I mean, it's not cool. I don't know, I don't know. I'm a psycho.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, have a great time at that show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Thank you, Stephanie and Stephanie's husband. Sunny skies today ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: So you said Astros made a big announcement yesterday. Alex was ahead of this thing. He said, look, Minute Made is now going to be called Dyke in.
Speaker 1: Parks Scoop Middleton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what we didn't know is, like, what is this dike In company. It's actually called Iken Comfort Technologies and it's a worldwide air conditioning company that's headquartered in Japan. However, there's a huge manufacturing facility in Waller, which is just outside of Houston. It's called the Dike in Texas Technology Park and Waller. The new name becomes official, meaning Dyke in Park will become official on January first. This is a deal that they've made with the Astros for fifteen years. The financial terms haven't been disclosed, but Minute Made has held the naming rights since two thousand and two. They are not going to obviously have the namesake anymore of the ballpark, but they're going to continue to be a partner with the Astros organization through at least twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Do we have to immediately have a nickname?
Speaker 2: Do we have to call it the Big Ice Box already or whatever?
Speaker 3: Do we have to do it so we ease into it? I think you ease into it. I could just consider the business so funny because Houston is so hot. But it's so hot.
Speaker 1: Here are we ruling out the Big Dyke? Is that out the table?
Speaker 3: I think I think that's off the table? Well, depending on what you want to get to new It's like, I don't know, the Big Dike, A you know, holds water Backho're gonna we're gonna work on that.
Speaker 4: That's a solid foundation, the old Dike.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what's happening at the Dyke? The DP, the DP, the DP.
Speaker 3: Jesus are all right, let's talk about something serious really quick.
Speaker 4: A couple of Texas.
Speaker 3: Republican congressmen have been at odds over mass deportations of illegal immigrants. Tony Gonzales of San Antonio says indiscriminate mass deportations would be impractical and an unpopular move for the Republican Party. He says deportation efforts should focus on violent criminals in the country illegally, but Chip Roy of Austin says every illegal immigrant needs to be deported and legal immigration should be shut down until the illegals are removed. There are about one point seven million illegal immigrants in Texas. I know there were farmers that were being interviewed usterday that we're worried about lack of manpower to pick their crops. So big, big headline and immigration just always a big talking point when it comes to politics, and it's happening right here in Texas, right at the border. Let's talk about Thanksgiving. If you want to get through it, and I don't know, do the bare minimum. I've got your shopping list. Kroger Supermarkets ask people to name the top five must have Thanksgiving foods. So if you can only have five things on the table, what would they be the things that got the most votes are as follows Turkey. Eighty three percent put it on their lists. Fifty five say stuffing, fifty five percent, forty nine percent say mashed potatoes. Then you have gravy at thirty percent and pumpkin pie at thirty percent.
Speaker 1: I think what's more interesting is outside of the big five, what's the sixth most important thing? Now, I've only got four options here on the X. I've got other pies dinner rolls, which are clutch, Cranberry sauce.
Speaker 3: Cranberry sauce brings it all together for me, green Bean castle role, I think I need the cranberry sauce.
Speaker 1: So outside of the big five, what's the most important thing? Dinner Rolls has thirty six percent of the voat. Green Bean castroll is next, followed by other pies. Cranberry sauce is polarizing. Cranberry sauce is like pickles. There's some people that just hate it, whether whether it's homemade or it slurps out of the can.
Speaker 2: There's people that just hate cranberry sauce.
Speaker 3: It just on the plate. It's so salty and savory that I feel like the cranberry sauce is like a mustag.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I picked up something at Kroger this week and I wanted to try it out.
Speaker 2: I just took it for a little spin this weekend.
Speaker 1: It was it was prepackaged.
Speaker 2: It was six dollars. It was right there in the front. They got me on the end cap type of deal.
Speaker 1: And it was cranberries mixed with blueberries and little mandarin oranges. And there was a recipe on there. Put a cup of sugar in there, boil it with a half a cup of water and boom. So I made some cranberry sauce this weekend. I wanted to try it out. It was delicious, sounds good. It was delicious. The stuff out of the can is okay, you go, this is Kroger, Kroger. Ok. I'm a homemade cranberry guy. Yeah, I'm a cranberry saw.
Speaker 3: I'm out the can and it's fine. There's not many things out the camp. I'm very boogie when it comes to that can, I'm judgmental, but when it comes to cranberry, so it's like, yeah, that's that's a good stuff.
Speaker 1: I like it homemade for sure, and I like it warm.
Speaker 4: Oh no, dude, I like it cold.
Speaker 1: I can do it cold as well.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk a little bit of celebrity gossip here. Pete Davidson. According to The Sun tabloid, which is Britain's not always reliable tabloid, The Sun says Pete Davidson checked himself in to rehab after a secret romance and breakup with Maria Giorgis from The Bachelor. A so called source says he checked in on Friday.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, he.
Speaker 3: Checked into rehabit Florida fairly recently. He flew in on a private jet. They say he's in pretty bad shape this time around, and he's not in a good place. But he was on SNL on November two, and then he was seen at a restaurant in Tennessee on November fifth. So if he is in rehab, it would have to be like really recently that he checked himself in.
Speaker 1: I hope he's getting the healthy needs. Now what do we do?
Speaker 2: And this is one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time?
Speaker 3: I really had to So this is a People magazine article. We have the link to it on the music bog page. It's about Ed Sheeran and it says he isn't happy that Bandaid used his voice on a new remix of do They Know It's Christmas?
Speaker 13: Song?
Speaker 3: So last week there was a supergroup saying that they were going to do the ultimate mix of the holiday charity single do They Know It's Christmas? FORO It's fortieth anniversary. This is all according to Billboard, there are versions of this from nineteen eighty four, nineteen eighty nine, two thousand and four, and twenty fourteen. So Ed Sheeran was on the twenty fourteen version of the track. He was with Coleplay, Sam Smith, Rita Aura. He says the new mix features his vocals without permission. He's like, look, I refuse to participate in the band Aid's version of the track because I recognize he doesn't like the initiatives that band.
Speaker 4: Aid inflicks on Africa.
Speaker 3: He's like, look, they generate sympathy and donations, but it's damaging. It stifles Africa's economic growth, it stifles their tourism. So he's getting all deep on this. You will read the full article. They're not happy that they used his vocals. He says, I would have declined had they had asked me.
Speaker 4: They didn't ask me. Those are Houston's headline, I'm.
Speaker 1: An og on this one. I realized there's updated artists and no, i'm og. I want to one.
Speaker 4: What's this one?
Speaker 1: This is the original one. There's Bono instead of you.
Speaker 2: Oh that was when Bono was super Bonowe. Yeah, he could really hit those notes.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 7: Texans were hitting those notes yesterday on Monday Night Football. They beat the Cowboys thirty four to ten. Joe Mixon rush for one hundred and nine yards and three touchdowns. Of the game they tried to take away and Nico Collins touchdown. Joe Mixon said, that's cool. I'll just score my own, went right down the field and got it back. Texans are now seven to four in the season. They got a two game lead for first place in the division, and they're gonna play their next game against the Titans this Sunday at Energy Stadium. In basketball, Rockets fell to the Bucks last night one o one to one hundred. The loss put an into what was a five game winning streak. Rockets are gonna have a day off today before they but the Pacers tomorrow night at home.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Bro Bro Bro bro Bro Bro Vander Holyfield MutS to fight Tyson. Come on, is that real?
Speaker 6: He just wants money. He wants the money to Tyson.
Speaker 2: Add did he actually say it?
Speaker 6: I saw that he was asked about it.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he was like, hey, Tyson, we should fight. I'm not gonna I already watched that. I'm not gonna watching.
Speaker 6: We don't need to see that unless it's guaranteed that they're biting heirs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah, full biting.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Road, Rast Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 6: Go Alex, go Alex.
Speaker 1: Spread. Oh he's in good form today. Yeah, Wow, nice Alex.
Speaker 4: Redden.
Speaker 1: It's Alex shreddon at the end there, ninety four and five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Hill Brooklyn. I look forward to it.
Speaker 2: Every time that song comes up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, is he gonna be around to shred? And he never lets me down, never lets me down at the end there. Hope you're up to a great start to your day. I am officially starting right now. Thank you for that. Yeah, I was kind of blame for you. I was kind of like mid and now with the shredding. I'm here for it now that I know Chili Brown's going to be in and we got our only we got our second and final Thanksgiving version of the Chili Brown game coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that in a second ten percent.
Speaker 1: Chance of rain, sunny skies hies up about eighty today, Chili Tye Tie, he was up late, Chili ty Tie, he was up late. I'm a well, I don't know, Alex. You stayed up for the whole game, and then like an idiot, you switched over to the Red Wings game, and that didn't.
Speaker 7: Finish the Red Wings game, and then they went to overtime and the lost and overtime.
Speaker 1: What time did that end?
Speaker 6: Like twelve ten?
Speaker 2: And what time did your alarm go off?
Speaker 1: Dummy?
Speaker 6: Three point thirty and I snoozed it spoke to me forty five?
Speaker 14: Oh god?
Speaker 1: What about ty Tye Chili? Did he stay up for the whole game? Were you guys texting like little girls who were not?
Speaker 7: I would still we're in Texas, somebody when it's their team, because even though they were blowing them out, Like, I don't know, I get stressed out when I watched the Giants games.
Speaker 6: But I think he probably. I could see him coasting off in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Big stretch, big stretch, Jili, what's up?
Speaker 1: Stayed up for the whole thing? Or did you realize, Okay, we got this locked in. We've got enough cushion here. I don't have to be a part of the fourth quarter. It's the Texans. Brow you'd never heard because it's the Texas in the second half and they're scary in the second half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you go home and immediately napped so that you could stay up for the whole game?
Speaker 1: So I went home? What was the schedule?
Speaker 16: I went home right after this, and then I had a badass workout at the gym.
Speaker 14: Then I went home, and then I did take a nap till about six forty five.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I never felt it.
Speaker 1: If I slept till six, I would never fall asleep that evening.
Speaker 14: Oh dude, I was sick in the third quarter. I was kind of dozing off a little bit.
Speaker 2: How you slept till six? It's my internal clock, broa, Wait, you slept till six?
Speaker 1: What time did you go to bed to be your nap as soon as the game ended?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, the nap ended at six.
Speaker 1: I got I.
Speaker 14: Started like around two thirty or something like, I would.
Speaker 1: Never be able to fall.
Speaker 3: He took a sleep before his sleep so that he could His sleep was a nap. His nap was his sleep, but he got to watch the whole game.
Speaker 1: You would have to drop a piano on my head, okay, Yeah, and then maybe I would lay down at two and I'd be up at three point thirty. Yeah, he just lays down and just naturally two o'clock just just he's just snoozing away until six forty five.
Speaker 16: But that's the purpose of the workout. He got me tired. Yeah, take a nap and then wake up. And then I still kind of was like, all right, I can watch the game a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I worked out, and that gets me like, I don't know, I can't. I can't nap after your workout.
Speaker 1: Dude, we are donating your body to science.
Speaker 14: I'm telling you, man, I've been reading.
Speaker 16: He says, if you want your your body to respond to your workout, you got to get plenty of sleep.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Specifically, your body is going straight to the Sleep Institute of America. You're going to they're going to study every nook and cranny of you, and to figure out how can one man sleep so much?
Speaker 14: I saw that party not doing Friday and still be tired.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, and Julie Brown, I feel like you're really getting off the hook easy this season.
Speaker 14: Well well, well, wha, wha wha what them some fighting words right there?
Speaker 2: How many Halloween Chili Browns did we have to?
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 1: Or three?
Speaker 13: Two?
Speaker 1: Maybe three?
Speaker 7: The bridge between the start of that Halloween was a little bit longer than right after Halloween Thanksgiving there.
Speaker 1: This is only the second Charlie Brown Thanksgiving reading that we're getting out of chili brown with the Fall mix.
Speaker 4: The best though.
Speaker 2: The Fall mix is absolutely the best.
Speaker 1: It is the It is the Bronx.
Speaker 14: Rocks, bring back the candy Corns.
Speaker 1: It's the Bronx Mellow Cream Autumn Mix. It's Autumn mix, please. So it's got the regular candy corn. Then it has the orange with the brown bottom candy corn, the apple bottom jeans too, and then you know what gets you? The brown bottom doesn't get you. It's those damn pumpkins. They're big, they're big, they're dense, and there's a lot of them in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, there is.
Speaker 1: A lot of them in there. Okay, So he's gonna go. He's gonna go Autumn Mix again with the reading. You guys are gonna guess how many units total in his yapper. And for the second time and final time for the Thanksgiving season, Baby James, we're gonna do the Chili Brown Game. It's a big prize. We're gonna get you a qualifying prize and you'll be in the drawing five people in the drawing for a trip out to California to our alter ego show. So all right, I've laid the I've.
Speaker 2: Set the table. I've set the table.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back and we're gonna get you guys calling in. We'll get Chili all amped up. We'll see if you can wake them up a little bit. So he's ready to go and do a great stellar reading again. Chili Brown will be in studio with us shortly Rock and Alternative Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the bus Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, final preparations are in play here for the Chili Brown Game. Sunny today, ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty.
Speaker 2: Sure, they're going to be tired today. There's no way that man's tired.
Speaker 1: There's no way that man is tired. We should be just fine for the game today.
Speaker 2: What's trending?
Speaker 12: Rod?
Speaker 3: You know, I haven't heard any commercials, there are no podcasts. But today is International Men's Day.
Speaker 1: It is, yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: See how we get shafted. Nobody cares, no.
Speaker 4: One men, No one mention it.
Speaker 17: I got you what you got me for the last International Women's Day, support and love, except it is no and seriously serious, seriously the stats for men and suicide.
Speaker 3: Seventy six percent of suicides are men, eighty five percent of homeless are men, seventy percent of homicide victims are men. I mean, we could really get into some of these serious stats. Men on average serve sixty four percent longer time in prison. Men are the majority victims of violent crime. So so International Men's Day, this is a at a time.
Speaker 9: You know what, you opened up the show.
Speaker 3: You didn't even know about it, talking about being vulnerable, talking about being honest.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love it still. I didn't see it at all I saw today was National have a Bad Day Day, which I thought was stupid. I wasn't gonna mention it. I don't mention that it's National play Monopoly Day. You're telling me it's International Men's Day.
Speaker 3: According to my statistics on the act.
Speaker 7: Okay, well you know it's just.
Speaker 1: Well, according to the girls on the view, we don't matter. Clearly they flat outside. We don't need it.
Speaker 4: Don't listen, man, you listen to Torn Club. It what matter. You're in a saved space here.
Speaker 3: Also, I thought it might be interested to know that today mark's the second twenty second anniversary of the relief of the debut Audio Slave album, So that was kind of trending around there.
Speaker 4: And then you're looking at girls walk page is doing well.
Speaker 3: Aaron Andrews doesn't understand why people are still talking about our eyebrows. That's not the only thing on the Looking at girls, you've got some Kim Kardashian. Oh, Kim Kardashian has a new Tesla robot. It's creepy. It's her Optimus robot friend.
Speaker 4: She says.
Speaker 3: You can learn all about that. I'm looking at girlslog Page. That's what's trending on eighty four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, a very very well rested chili. We'll be doing a reading from the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving book. I have put the autumn mix in the cup ready to go. I and I alone know the number of units in that cup. Now, if you're kind of questioning the autumn mix, I did put it up on our story so you can see it is the total number of units.
Speaker 2: That is a mix of candy corn.
Speaker 1: And those very dense pumpkins that are all of the same material, the same ingredients. I guess, but I'm bad. This is better than the regular candy corn. I always sneak one or two when I'm getting ready for the game. I need three of you to come on down seven one three, two one two five nine four five. You'll be guessing after the reading on how many are in his mouth? Seven one three, two one two five ninety four five. The winner today, person that comes closest without going over the number of units in his mouth will be qualified for that trip to California to the Alter Ego Show. Only five people in that drawing on Friday, so man, you'll have a real good chance of winning. Rod Ryan, he likes big breass and he cannot lie. Happy Thanksgiving from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five. The buzz All right, that's Lincoln Park, New Divide, Rod Ryan's show, Happy Tat Tuesday? Everyone, How have you giving only Koog's tickets today? I am in the next sports the old Coog Right, Alex hes got Koog's tickets. I got a chance for you to get qualified for our show. We call it the Alter Egos Show. It's all in Los Angeles, well, I don't know, somewhere by Los Angeles. CA's the Elephant Incubus, Lumineer's Glass, Animals, Offspring, Saint Vincent's Head, and the Heart more all on this bill. We have a copy of Case the Elephants Neon pill on Final that you're going to win if you win the game, and then you'll be in the hopper. There's a drawing.
Speaker 2: There's five people that will be in that drawing on Friday.
Speaker 1: Chili, Do I have all that right?
Speaker 14: Yes, we'll be doing the drawing on Friday.
Speaker 1: That's right there. He is, Chilie Brown.
Speaker 14: All rested, Chili Brown.
Speaker 1: You are getting off easy this season.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not.
Speaker 14: He here you are, says the guy that doesn't put anything in his mouth.
Speaker 1: Yes you are.
Speaker 2: I have to fit this whole show in my mouth every day.
Speaker 1: All right, there's the Great Chili Brown. He is going to do another reading for us from the Thanksgiving the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Book, and you're going to have to guess how many of the Bronx mellow Cream all mixed candies are in his mouth. Stephanie, you're gonna be bidding first today. Good morning, Stephanie. How are you.
Speaker 2: Awesome? So good to have you on the show today. Thank you for playing. Good luck to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so glad you're here. The one they call Tim, Hello Tim, Good morning, brother rud, Good morning.
Speaker 14: It's calling the bionic Man. After all the surgeries he's.
Speaker 2: Had, Tim's had a lot of surgeries. What was your last surgery, bro My last one.
Speaker 6: Was in August that a bunion removed on my left foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I didn't know that a bunion removal. You had to walk around like RoboCop for a month. I didn't know like you had quite a big thing on you lega yours when I saw you. Yeah, I had a boot on for two months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have free screws in my toe.
Speaker 1: My goodness, Tesla Root, I got a bunyion. Just go in there and get it out. That's it.
Speaker 2: Cut it, Hey, Kyle, good morning, welcome, come on down.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be the third and final contestant here today on the Chili Brown Game. Chili's going to read I need you to listen very carefully, very carefully, and then you're gonna to tell me how many of the Brocks Mellow Cream Autumn mixed candies are in his mouth. You're going to tell me the total number of units got stretch the mouth.
Speaker 2: Okay, twin brother, give him a page to read.
Speaker 7: Direct you straight up to the other Texas game to scored fourteen points in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: One we go fourteen? Oh stat guy, okay, Chili, if we could please don't eat them or stript orders from no outer No no, Miss Christina said, no way, no Alex. Okay, Chili Chili has now he has put the Brocks Mellow Cream Autumn mix in his mouth or page four fourteen. Oh, it's gonna be good. I can't tell already. I can tell already. Charlie Brown taking away page fourteen, gown over his fide, lost of crumbs of crumb. Oh my god, a knty corny went flying out of his mouth.
Speaker 14: And Charlotte Brown gets and walks away from the.
Speaker 1: Table much better like I can. He's enunciating much better today, so much better.
Speaker 14: You were kind of rough on Charlie Brown.
Speaker 2: She was rough on Charlie Brown.
Speaker 14: Pepys says to pepper Patty.
Speaker 5: Rough.
Speaker 16: Peppermint Patty shouts, we were supposed to be serving real things. You know.
Speaker 1: She invited herself.
Speaker 14: But did he? Did he invite you? Hire Marshley asked, or do you invite yourself? And now stoop.
Speaker 1: So that's it? Great job, dude, did you invite yourself?
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: It's a great reading today. Worse character Lucy or Peppermint Patty.
Speaker 6: Neither the terrible people need the football. I can't even forgive it.
Speaker 1: They're horrible people, but because of the football, the non stop taunting and tormenting of the football, I gotta say Lucy is at number one. Peppermint Patty just inviting herself over and expecting a full meal. Okay, please should.
Speaker 4: Have treats for his friends. It's Thanksgiving of old days to not have snacks.
Speaker 2: He's a kid with a huge bulbou his head.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to cook.
Speaker 4: No brain in that head.
Speaker 1: Hooker invited herself over and everybody else stepany good morning, Good morning. Chilie Brown just did a great He had mellow cream autumn mixed candies in his mouth. How many units were in his mouth during that reading? Today? The reading was definitely much better than last week.
Speaker 5: I will have to say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was much easier to understand for sure. How many?
Speaker 16: So with that? Uh?
Speaker 1: Twenty three twenty three? Twenty three units is what she is guessing. Thank you, Stephanie. Good luck to you got a trip on the chopping block here? Uh, the one they call Tim Tim great reading today from Chili Brown. How many of the autumn mixed candies were in his mouth during that reading? Oh? I love that mix because it has a big pumpkins in it.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna have to go with about eighteen on that because the pumpkins take up.
Speaker 5: A lot of room.
Speaker 1: Pumpkins can take up a lot of room. Like that.
Speaker 4: I like your process.
Speaker 1: They're dense, They're very dense. I like how Julie keeps them in there while the people are bidding. Okay, thank you, Kyle. Kyle gets to a bid last. Sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't. Hey, Kyle, how's it going great. I got a bit of twenty three, I've a bit of eighteen. How many Autumn mix candy corns were in his mouth?
Speaker 13: Fortunately, I'm gonna have to be that guy, and I'm gonna say nineteen.
Speaker 1: Nineteen nineteen, how you playing the game? Well, that's that's the beauty of going third, you know, that's it is. A person that comes closes without going over will be the winner today on the second and last Chili last Thanksgiving it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he waited.
Speaker 1: For me to look at him.
Speaker 14: Yeah, pray back.
Speaker 1: Stephanie at twenty three, the one they call tim at eighteen and Kyle Dick move or smart play in at nineteen. Actual number of units of candy in Chili's mouth twenty two nineteen is your window?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, nineteen is your winner.
Speaker 14: And that's Kyle.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Kyle. Yeah, congratulations dude, sweete. She just oh my dude, you.
Speaker 4: Played it well.
Speaker 1: Stephanie had won too many. She almost nailed it. Yeah, she almost nailed Chili brown today. Okay, so Kyle is your winner. What are you giving him?
Speaker 2: What is he qualified for?
Speaker 3: So Kyle gets the copy of Cage the Elephant's Neon Pill on vinyl which is awesome. But he's gonna go in the grand prize drawing for a trip for two to Los Angeles to see Cage the Elephant and so many more for alter Ego on January eleventh.
Speaker 4: We can you do that drawing on Friday.
Speaker 16: Good luck, Kyle, Nice, Thank y'all, Love Michelle loved y'all, Thank you, Chili.
Speaker 1: Did I make you a promise yesterday?
Speaker 2: Did I make you a promise yesterday? A musical promise?
Speaker 1: I said, if your Texans come through with the win, we will play. Today is the greatest day ever. Congratulations on your win yesterday. Thank you. Congratulations. Yeah, yeah, great reading today, Thank god it's over.
Speaker 2: And the scene on Chili Brown Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, kids, he'll be back for Christmas.
Speaker 9: Don't go far, Chili, don't go far.
Speaker 1: You're coming back for Christmas with pepper mints. All right, well, at least for Chili. Today is the greatest day ever. Smash and must be the.
Speaker 9: Bus Smashhi podcast where.
Speaker 1: I don't Chili, I play that song for him ninety four or five The buzz Remember yesterday was yesterday? Was tonight? Yesterday We were talking about the Texans on Monday Night football, and we played Monday night tonight. It's gonna be tight, right right, And I said, I will play you today is the greatest day, admir if you get your victory.
Speaker 14: So there you have it.
Speaker 1: That was for my buddy Chili, who is well rested and very excited about how great the Texans looked in the Battle of Texas. And Alex said, I mean it's been twenty two years. They've played six times. Alex said, he'll allow a rivalry because it's interstates. Yeah, it's interstate, so he'll allow the rivalry six times they played twenty two years. Yeah, but it's okay. The Giants that just don't play all that often, right, probably the same amount.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the three season people get off fired after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, all right, So the Fall Guitarist. Nobody's got a better Fall lineup than the Rod Ryan Show. Not this week, not this week. We just gave away a qualifying spot in the hopper for the trip that we draw on Friday. We have the Fall Guitarvest autographed Guitars at eight twenty men don't go Anywhere.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five of us Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show. All right, let's get into it. Boy. Then we're just getting closer and closer the fall guitarst Another one of you leaves the show today, as a matter of fact, one of you leaves at around eight twenty with well, we'll start at a twenty. We'll tell you what guitar is up for grabs that we got to take the calls. I mean, by the time the Dog and Pony Show is over with eight thirty, someone's gonna have an autograph guitar in their grips. Well, good luck to you. You're doing it all week. At eight twenty ten, chance of rain, sunny skies today, nothing over eighty degrees, That's right, eighty degrees will be the high Tessa Houston's headlines. Please.
Speaker 3: So the big story yesterday that Alex broke right here on this show was the fact that the Houston Astros have a new Navy rights partner for the ballpark. The stadium will now be called dyke In Park. Diking Comfort Technologies is a worldwide air conditioning company that is actually headquartered in Japan, but they have a huge manufacturing facility called Dike In Texas Technology Park in Waller and it's just.
Speaker 4: Outside of Houston.
Speaker 3: This new name change will be official on January first. This is a fifteen year deal. The financial terms really haven't been disclosed. But Minute may the juice box, I mean, that's been the namesake since two thousand and two. Minimate's still going to be a partner with the Astros organization through at least twenty twenty nine, but they're not going to get the big name on the ballpark like Dyke in.
Speaker 4: Now, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Talk about some space news because President Trump will reportedly be in Texas today to view the latest SpaceX launch with Elon Musk. An FA report has placed flight restrictions around the nearby Brownsville Airport. The notice mentions that a VIP will be in the area, and that's normally reserved for high ranking public officials.
Speaker 4: So SpaceX of course run by Musk, who is close to Trump.
Speaker 3: He was appointed the cohead of a new advisory body known as the Department of a Government Official.
Speaker 4: And see, so I.
Speaker 3: Have no notes on Kid, I have no notes on Joe Rogan, I have no notes on Jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: I just see President Wolves.
Speaker 3: Well, I do know this. This was like my headline toury yesterday that there was supposed to be a Space launch at four pm yesterday but it got scrubbed. So now they're saying no, let's push you today. It is at the Boca Chica, the the Brownsville launch site. So this is going to be the super heavy booster, the chopstick arms and hopefully they'll get this going.
Speaker 4: You can watch it live on Space dot com.
Speaker 1: I want Dana White.
Speaker 3: There is that easy enough for you, Space dot Com for your Space news.
Speaker 1: The rat Pack, the new rat Pack.
Speaker 4: Hey, save it for entertainment. Let's talk about Triple A.
Speaker 3: They're expecting just under eighty million people to head out and be on the road this year. That is up from around seventy eight million last year. Seventy two million people will drive, five point eight million will fly, two point three we'll take buses, trains, and other modes of transport.
Speaker 4: Transportation, Okay, that.
Speaker 3: Includes canoe Alex if you're trying a canoe home for your family Thanksgiving. The worst days to leave it really depends on where you're headed, but in general the worst times to be on the road are next Tuesday from one pm to seven pm, and then next Wednesday from one pm to five pm. The worst times to be heading home Sunday, December first, between noon and six pm, and then Monday, December second, between nine and six pm. That Monday is rough because there's also regular commuter traffic. You know, people will still have to drive. The best day to drive is next Thursday. There's usually not a ton of traffic on Thanksgiving Day itself.
Speaker 4: I can vouch for this.
Speaker 3: That's been my easiest drive when I just decided to take off that morning and not even messed with the day before. So good luck to everyone and stay safe out there, okay. On Instagram, Madonna is saying that she has been struggling in la She's been listening to producers and agents telling her why she couldn't make her film. Remember this biopic that we're supposed to get a Madonna Remember that were trying out all these different actresses. She said. She realizes everything in her life is going to be challenged and that there are no easy rides for her. She says it forces her to think outside the box, and now she's asking fans to weigh in on whether or not she should turn her story into a series rather than a movie.
Speaker 4: She added, think before.
Speaker 6: You answer, can we ale?
Speaker 1: Do you have any thoughts on this?
Speaker 6: I could care.
Speaker 1: Would you not watch the Madonna thing?
Speaker 4: Emma would be watching watch which.
Speaker 1: Okay, vote for her. Would she want it as a TV series or at the theater? You got a little kid you're not going to hear. Yeah, I would watch it as a series as well.
Speaker 3: I like it as a series. That way, you can focus on one subject matter. A movie, you kind of have to make it flow and make it good, and the music definitely helps. But either way, I would be happy either way with this. I do think it's weird that she's so involved in her own project. I think that's what's creating the you know, the I guess trouble. The forcibility of.
Speaker 1: It, there's some there's it's got a second tier feeling about being relegan to streaming rather than a movie. Yeah, you know, Elvis got a movie, Freddie Mercury got a movie.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It just seems like I want to be in the theaters like those names. I don't want to be streaming. So I understand where she's frustrated.
Speaker 4: Posthumously, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: She's alive and she's working on it's it's I feel like that adds an extra layer of perfectionism, probably on her part, and the producers are like, you know what, we're not gonna touch this. We're gonna wait until you're gone, lady, and then we're gonna make it the way we want to make it.
Speaker 4: That's what it's giving.
Speaker 1: About a Courtney Love movie.
Speaker 14: I'd watch.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'd watch that too.
Speaker 1: I'd watch that too.
Speaker 3: Courtey Love's handwritten lyrics to the whole song Violator up for auction, and Billy Corgan is going to try to win him because he says the song is about him.
Speaker 4: So he's like, it's made.
Speaker 3: A lot of press. This auction's going off. He says he's bought his ticket because he wants to win the lyrics. It's about a guy I know a little bit, and I'd love to put it on my wall. He says that Courtney forgot to mention that she wrote one of the heart rendering couplets contained they'rein.
Speaker 4: Why does he talk like that?
Speaker 3: He says he will always love this song. He loves you, court Yeah. Violet was released in nineteen ninety four. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: He's so thirsty, he lovell.
Speaker 5: I don't think his.
Speaker 3: Songs about me being his wife would be so exhausting to listen to him all day.
Speaker 6: None of us shute and none of us know that.
Speaker 1: So he's just throwing it out there that, hey, I might been on this because.
Speaker 6: It's about me, thout me.
Speaker 1: That's he just wanted to tell us it was about him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what I know that, Like, he is that guy those arena since headlines, pleasy, just start a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he may not know he does. It's about cats and wrestling.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, well, my man.
Speaker 7: On Monday No Football, Texans beat the Cowboys thirty four to ten. Joe Nixon rushed for one hundred and nine yards and three touchdowns the game. Did you know that the Cowboys have trailed by twenty or more points in every single home game this, Oh my, that seems bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Not an analytic cool guy myself, but it seems like that's not good.
Speaker 2: Well, they haven't won any games at home.
Speaker 6: It's true, that's true, but they probably will win on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: Thanks to now seven and four on the season, they have a two game lead in first place in the AFC South. They're gonna play their next game against the Titans on Sunday at in our G Stadium.
Speaker 6: If you'd like to go to a game this.
Speaker 7: Weekend College ten to seven one three, two and two five nine for five, you can win a pair of tickets to see you of h take on Baylor this Saturday at TDCU Stadium. It's senior Day and they're gonna be wearing their Houston Blue jerseys, so you're gonna get to see them all decked out in blue.
Speaker 6: That'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the love You Blue Blue. It's Houston Blues.
Speaker 6: If they're calling it, I know, whatever you'd like to call it.
Speaker 1: Yes, good Cooks go Cook's.
Speaker 7: College ten seven, three two and two five nine for five. Those tickets are yours. In basketball, Rockets fell to the Bucks last night one on one to one hundred. Lost put an end to what would have or what had been a five game winning streak. Rockets are gonna have a day off today before they play the Pacers tomorrow night at home. On the sports blog page today, I know you're a big pickleball guy. Maybe they're gonna have to rename it kickle ball, because did you see the guy that kicked his opponent. This is awful, awful Rod who was kind of taunting him, and then Kate.
Speaker 6: Knocked his racket out of his hand. Then he goes to pick up his racket and he just kicks him in the face.
Speaker 1: I you know what, I saw this and I could have almost heard him say that's not even a word and.
Speaker 2: He kicked the guy. Yeah, so it reminded me of you on read my lips.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I mean it's good guys.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 3: Men should be lifting each other.
Speaker 1: Up, not a word taking him. You have video Hello Swiss Blood, The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah ninety four five, The Bus Half White part of the show.
Speaker 1: People, It's Blink one eighty two, First Date, Happy Tattooesday. Chili's giving away some Koogs tickets right now. Alex has tickets to go see the Koogs. Where what did he say? It was Houston Blue. I'm sure they am quite sure they're not allowed to all that love you Blue, but it it does certainly look a lot like they all love you Blue.
Speaker 4: You know what it is, We all know what it is.
Speaker 2: It looks great, It is awesome.
Speaker 1: It is awesome. Ten percent chance of rain sunny skies today highs of around eighty A few Christmas lights up in my neighborhood. If you already have your Christmas lights up, a psychologist says, it may be a sign that you are self absorbed narcissist. Oh wow, that that is really harsh. Okay, there are a lot of factors that go into I realize that you're just driving around and you're making these comments about people that have their stuff up already. Number one, if you do have somebody that's putting lights up at your house, if you get it done before Thanksgiving, it's a lot cheaper. Once Thanksgivings hits, they charge way more money to put the lights up.
Speaker 6: That was like the best argument. He was like, dude, it was like half the price.
Speaker 1: You don't have to plug them in right now.
Speaker 6: I don't turn them on. They're ready to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I do see. There's a bunch of houses that were professionally done, and they're like, well, I'm paying for them, so I might as well keep them on.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that there's just so many things that go in that are involved with putting up your decorations, because it just takes so much time, and this is the busiest time of the year for most of us, and Rod has so many decorations.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget the day my apartment was having a door decorating party and I needed Christmas decorations and I go run, do you have like any spare And he was like yeah, man, spirit He just trucked me a box of Christmas stuff, went did the door decorating boom on the contest, here's your stuff back.
Speaker 2: That was stuff that I didn't have room for.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was just I am like extra.
Speaker 2: Bins of stuff that I just like so much Christmas, I have room for it. Other Christmas.
Speaker 1: What did you win?
Speaker 3: Like a fifty dollars gift card?
Speaker 1: I feel like I didn't get a taste of that. You did it.
Speaker 4: It was all for me.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a taste at all of that.
Speaker 4: That was just a favor, doing your friends a favor.
Speaker 1: You got a gift card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might have been one hundred bucks.
Speaker 14: Remember what for?
Speaker 1: Because I got a list of the best holiday gift cards right here. Okay those are easy, huh yeah, okay, so but there's a premium.
Speaker 3: You have to pay for those, right you have to pay the tax at the back end.
Speaker 1: A couple of extra bucks. You got to pay for those, right. A study found that the best gift cards to give people for the holidays.
Speaker 2: This could be a poll question too.
Speaker 1: Amazon in at number one, Target at two, Sephora, three, Walmart and Starbucks?
Speaker 6: Are those it's two?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 1: Four? Are those the Big five? Is there? I mean, are those the five bigs? Or is there is there one that's really like? Oh, okay, this one's missing you.
Speaker 3: You said Starbucks, you said Target.
Speaker 2: Walmart and Amazon?
Speaker 4: And what about okay, Altas and other one that's good? I really like all tuchs. It's like, it's like Sephora.
Speaker 3: It's just another I answered it is makeup, makeup and product.
Speaker 2: What's bigger?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 1: So four?
Speaker 2: So the Big five?
Speaker 7: So you.
Speaker 2: Should anybody?
Speaker 1: Okay TV?
Speaker 4: Those aren't going to make the national live.
Speaker 1: But the AGB doesn't seem I know that it's a gift card is in place of money, and you do what you want with it. Amazon has a much more feel like, go buy something for yourself, don't go buy groceries, eggs and milk and bread. Right, I get it. It's the same thing. It just doesn't have the same gift feeling true for somebody, it's just as valuable.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, literally, so uh Apple on Apple was not on there.
Speaker 6: Apple is a good one too.
Speaker 7: Like my my in laws would always get me Apple gift cards and there was like, oh, we want to rent this movie.
Speaker 6: Well now I'm not paying for.
Speaker 4: It, and you just load it up.
Speaker 1: It's it's niche. It's not as I think a lot of people have Apple though, a lot of people, but more people have Amazon, more people can go to Target.
Speaker 3: Let me say, for my brother one year, you know, he's in college, so I got him like all the fact I got him like Wendy's, Chick fil a, Chi, Chili's, like all these little restaurants. He said, he used those all year.
Speaker 4: He said, those the best gifts he's ever got.
Speaker 1: Here, Go kill yourself, Rod, What that's not good? Well, I mean his young.
Speaker 6: Kids is a good gift card always.
Speaker 2: Alex will always be there to defend Chili's loves.
Speaker 6: It, although Chilis will not sponsor me at all.
Speaker 3: Kids are not cooking at home, and you know, they're eating on the go a lot, and they're you know, they have to cram for their tests and stuff and it's like here here and you know, include a Starbucks in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm all right. Well those are the big ones. Those are the big ones. And it doesn't seem like I haven't heard anything that says, okay, this one is glaring. This one's missing.
Speaker 6: When you get the credit card ones though, those those rocks.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite one to get?
Speaker 4: What's everyone's favorite one to get?
Speaker 6: The visa gift cards any where, it's just like I can use it to pay for anything, like on a whim.
Speaker 1: I gotta admit. The Amazon one.
Speaker 2: It's just you're free ranging and roaming and you're.
Speaker 4: Addicted to online shopping and just.
Speaker 1: Like the grazing on Amazon, knowing that something's coming your way that you didn't have to pay for.
Speaker 7: Right it's on a TV show. I'm gonna go look at it now in Amazon, but now I'm not paying for it.
Speaker 1: It's number one. It's it's better than a visa card.
Speaker 4: Chilling. I think he's eating o right now. Chili, what's your favorite gift card?
Speaker 2: Don't bug them to eat and no, I want to know Chili.
Speaker 1: Best gift card? The free ricks? Yeah, Onyx actually.
Speaker 14: Like a Spex.
Speaker 16: Well, that's a good one spec because everybody needs every now and day and once again a Twill pack and they're kind of broke, so they're like, oh, I've got this car.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a Specs gift car is a great one.
Speaker 6: You don't get, like a tequila that you don't like or whatever you get depict your own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, chili has at.
Speaker 2: Me because I got your tequila because I.
Speaker 7: Always get nervous when I buy peop alcohol where I'm just like, I don't know what if this sucks and they hate it.
Speaker 1: I got you guys expensive tequila.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's good stuff, but like it's always it's like nerve wracking to buy people lickors sometimes because you hope that they don't not like it.
Speaker 1: It was at that Cafe Negra, which one was that it was just a cool bottle. It was okay, the guy said it was really good. I don't know, I don't I don't.
Speaker 6: Give us like a three gallon jug of Patron one year too.
Speaker 16: That one that one made made some good margaritas out of that one, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Much, okay. Noted that the show likes Booze always plays here geez.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: Something I didn't know about you guys, all right, we're gonna spend the wheel coming up the fall guitarist. Yesterday fly Leaf went out the door. Aaron Jones went on the wheel, black keys. When somebody gonna hit that, When somebody gonna hit ghost Buzzfest twenty two some forty one, godsmack hardy three days Grace. I know several people have by name mentioned the highly suspect guitar Mundo, uh, the hoighly suspect guitar that was smashed bushes on the wheel.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna try to spin it. Alex was in here when you left.
Speaker 3: By listen, it turned ten o'clock yesterday. You left the room because you that's when you start your lunch. That's when you eat your whatever you pack. Alex is in here practicing spins.
Speaker 2: Why did he like just take over ownership of that?
Speaker 4: Listen, ask your boy.
Speaker 6: If no one else is going to I will, I'll step up to the plate.
Speaker 1: Rod okay, practicing spins?
Speaker 4: He goes, all that was a good spin. Not for all this spins.
Speaker 5: You just say.
Speaker 4: Over there, I'll get my hand chomped on.
Speaker 1: We are going to spin the wheel coming up. After the break guitarvests, the Fall guitarvest for All Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows. I need four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Alex is guarding that wheel too, like it's like it's his other child. He's guarding that wheel. What I never seen him react to this is the wheel like this before.
Speaker 4: I don't know why he's acting like it.
Speaker 1: Like the nickel back in a snack wheel. I feel like everybody took a turn spinning that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he just not anymore.
Speaker 1: Designated himself the guitar wheel spinner deal, all right, coming up, But we're gonna, We're gonna spin. Alex is gonna let's just be honest, Alex is gonna spin the Fall guitarist wheel. So that's coming up.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain sunny skuys today of around eighty.
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 13: Do you like this?
Speaker 3: The nine and one Detroit Lions are now the favorites to win the Super Bowl. There's you odds out this morning, according to fan duel It. So it goes Lions, Chiefs, Ravens, Buffalo Bills, and then Philadelphia Eagles DraftKings.
Speaker 4: Also list the Lions as a favorite to win the titles.
Speaker 6: So first time I remember in the history the Lions have been the favorite.
Speaker 4: That's why it's a big deal. That's why it's making headlines right now.
Speaker 1: What I know, Alex is not gonna like to answer correctly, but Jalen hurts they were really promoting him being on Good Morning America like he had big announcement today.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Jalen knew. I couldn't get an answer out of you.
Speaker 4: Sports guy, un guy, sports guy, you got to show him.
Speaker 2: Some big announcement.
Speaker 6: Leave here, you're not local.
Speaker 1: Okay. What else?
Speaker 3: We had talked about Uncle Joey from Full House having cancer and to support him, John Stamos shaved his beautiful head.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he didn't shave his head.
Speaker 3: He put on a bald cap and then shaved uncle. So Uncle Jesse was shaving Uncle Joey's head in solidarity. John Stamos said, look, I'm not gonna shave my luxurious locks, but I will put on a bald cap and take a picture with you.
Speaker 1: Is it kind of a dick move, dude.
Speaker 3: John Stamos, he's so full of himself. He's not going to shave the head.
Speaker 2: That would have been That would have been a icon huge move, that would have been icon.
Speaker 1: He shaved his head. I thought it was kind of a dick move that he just put on a bald caps.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm like you for the day.
Speaker 1: It's I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: I didn't either.
Speaker 8: What else?
Speaker 3: Also? I mean listen, Ron's not gonna talking about Julie.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 3: The tattoo feature is doing great today. Tat Tuesday is the number one blog page for us today.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go look right now, that's what's trending the buzz.
Speaker 1: I'll look after this. I'm busy.
Speaker 4: You you are swamped, all.
Speaker 14: Right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's up.
Speaker 1: Nobody has a stronger fall season than The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: And uh, there he is Alex Scoop Middleton.
Speaker 6: Yeah, call me spin doctor.
Speaker 4: Doctor, the original spin doctor.
Speaker 1: So are you spinning the wheel? Yeah? Ready, all right, it's the Fall guitar Vest. There are fourteen guitars on the wheel three days Grace Adam Gantier's on there, a couple of buzz fast guitars, Hardy God Smack some forty one just to name a.
Speaker 2: Few of those, and of course black Key's some forty.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry the highly suspect, the one that was broke on stage, smashed smash, smash, smoosh. Why don't you hit that one? It's doing all right, let's go Alex p there he is. Look at him.
Speaker 3: Boy, Now that was a good do you hear be spinsy because that was a good spin.
Speaker 6: Buzzfest thirty two.
Speaker 1: All right, Buzzfest thirty two.
Speaker 4: You said about that spin, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's got God smack on it. I think that's got godsmack on it. I'll go find out who's on that wheel. Now is the time to clear out the phone lines. Chili just doesn't have, just has to relax. I'm gonna play a little song. I'm gonna come back. I'm gonna take the phone.
Speaker 9: Calls live on the air.
Speaker 1: We will destroy nine of you. One of you will win the autographed Buzzfest thirty two guitar guitarrist is coming up after the Chili Peppers right.
Speaker 2: Here on the buzz Okay, are we ready to go? That was quick ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: In the buzz Red Hot Chili Pippers. Other side. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing over ten percent chance of rainbow today and tonight sunny, clear skies highs of around eighty A true fall day should look nice out there with all that rain we got yesterday. Right, Oh, I gotta bust out. Did Radio Wizards send us old picture? How old was that picture of us in the guitar closet? A couple of years ago? It was in the other building, so I know it's at least two years old.
Speaker 6: Last year we were there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we haven't given away guitars in a long time, but one once upon a time in the old building, we found the closet that had there was this massive walk in closet of nothing but autographed guitars. And we did marry Axmis that one year and we gave away guitars and then nothing happened since, and I knew we didn't even make a dent in that closet. So then I started begging. Last year, I begged, I'm like, let's give away some of these guitars, let's go, and that just the Fun Squad shot me down in promotions. Fun the Fun Squad said, no, they hang on all these things like it's like they're theirs, you know. And then this year again I started in on them early this year, and I said, guys, we have got to And I looked at the Wizard, because the Wizard also gets turned down by the fun squad, and I said, listen, talk to them. I know that there is a room full of guitars somewhere. Yeah, let's give some of them away. Wizard got on them and they said, we can give away ten guitars. So nice, So we keep fourteen on the wheel at all times. Alex just up on the wheel. Buzzfest thirty two. Gods man, gots Max on that wheel.
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm clearing out the phone lines.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Oh, look at that. Every line's ringing, but it's up so busy.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're so excited.
Speaker 14: So what do we do?
Speaker 1: Just pick up the phone and give them a guitar?
Speaker 3: Now, well, we were going to do that, but then people were not very excited.
Speaker 1: So remember those first two guys.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget them.
Speaker 3: My nightmares are.
Speaker 4: Made out of this is my not ma.
Speaker 5: Not all right.
Speaker 1: We're taking all the calls. We're taking all the calls. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Hello, Hi, who's the Hello?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 1: You said your name is Will? Yes, sir Will, welcome in on h the fall guitarvest? Will you successfully got through to us? Oh my?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 1: What you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: That was a real dismiss.
Speaker 1: Well dramatics for the first one. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Hi, this is Joseph.
Speaker 2: Hi, Joseph, how are you today?
Speaker 13: I'm doing good, sir.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping I'm the t college. Yeah, I'm hoping that too.
Speaker 14: That's it.
Speaker 1: I am done. I'm done with you.
Speaker 9: I never want to speak to you again.
Speaker 14: This friendship is over.
Speaker 1: Is that Joseph talking to us? Joseph? Can we be friends?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Sorry, Bro, I feel that.
Speaker 2: Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is Justin?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 1: Justin? How are we feeling today? Good right, Good morning to you, Bro. I'm feeling great right now. Is this guy? Caller number ten? It was not?
Speaker 14: What are we.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, dude number three? Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hey, what's up?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Shane? Hi?
Speaker 2: Shane Brother, Shane.
Speaker 1: Here we go. I'm looking for caller number ten. Don't feed them to the alligators, please please? Okay, this is Shane right here.
Speaker 14: Shane.
Speaker 2: Shane called her number ten.
Speaker 7: I really love am I really really genuinely love Amy what.
Speaker 10: Hell is that?
Speaker 1: Listens? Not Amy? It didn't win?
Speaker 5: So who.
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 1: From the Hillsburg commercial?
Speaker 5: Second?
Speaker 3: Hell is that?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Rod Ryan Show? Good morning?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is mari Anne? All right, Marianne, you sound like a nice gal. We should probably give you a guitar, right, we should give you a guitar. N give her a guitar.
Speaker 13: You probably should, but I'm gonna guess it's probably is too early.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see, I've been having a fact Now, good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 7: This is Michael?
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great here?
Speaker 2: One two three?
Speaker 1: Count Michael?
Speaker 8: You're doing I know you love it.
Speaker 9: He knows you love it.
Speaker 1: It's like spanking. It's like spanking a child. This hurts me more than it hurts you. Okay, you're doing great if your goal is to suck caller number six bro.
Speaker 4: See now you guys are entertaining.
Speaker 1: I really, really genuinely love Amy. Get her out of here. Why is Amy? Is that? Who is Amy? Please?
Speaker 5: What the hell?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Rod Rogan Show?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 3: Why it was this?
Speaker 1: Estella? One two three four?
Speaker 13: You know what? O?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 1: Sorry, you're no God?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 13: No, no, no?
Speaker 1: Whoa estella? You did?
Speaker 2: Not deserve that you did nothing to No. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Hi, who's this? Come on? This is Jordan, Welcome in, dude, it is.
Speaker 2: It is a wonderful and bountiful Fall guitarist, my friend.
Speaker 5: I feel that. Oh man, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: You are feeling good.
Speaker 8: You get I'm feeling good you Oh you know what?
Speaker 9: I feel feel good about it?
Speaker 2: Calling number eight dude, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on now, come on now, what's your name.
Speaker 5: Is Jay?
Speaker 1: Big Jay? You got a guitar for Jay? Do we have a guitar for Jay? It's it is?
Speaker 2: It's called the Fall Guitar, Alix. I got No, Jay's got nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Jay, I'm sorry. I gotta put you out in the cold. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Good morning, brother rod who's this.
Speaker 14: Kyle?
Speaker 1: Kyle having a little fun this morning? Well it's fun for us, apparently apparently it sounds fun for us. This really does pay me to take these calls and go through them. I really want to give away an autograph guitar. It's a good one today too. One two, three, four, alright? Six seven? Where was Jay? Yeah? Maybe Kyle your call her ten.
Speaker 5: Kid.
Speaker 14: That's a.
Speaker 1: You're the winner of the Fall Guitar List today. It is a Buzzfest thirty two guitar. Dude, there's bands all over that thing. It's awesome.
Speaker 9: That is sweet.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. That is sweet. Who's the Amy? Where's it? Did we find Amy of it?
Speaker 4: Really really don't know who Amy is?
Speaker 1: Ah, dude, Congratulations the Fall Guitar List winner, Kyle. Congratulations, man, hang this thing probably in your man cave and your home wherever you're gonna put this thing. It's gonna look amazing, all right, dude.
Speaker 14: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, Kyle, I appreciate you. I really do. I really love Amy. I really really genuinely love Amy. Where is this Amy chick? All right? That's a. That's another guitar off. So the bus festus.
Speaker 4: Finally send in a picture.
Speaker 1: Past thirty two comes off. We'll tell you after the break what guitar is gonna go back on the wheel, guys. I got Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday guitars. And then that's it.
Speaker 12: It's over Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: And I need ninety four five the boss. That's Lincoln Park in the Emptiness Machine.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show tat Tuesday. Let's get right after it, guys, Sunny's guys today.
Speaker 1: Low chances of rain high of eighty one. Final time Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: A big announcement yesterday was the Houston Astros announcing that they had a new naming rights partner for the ballpark. The stadium will now be known as dyke In Park. So we kind of all know that, but what is dyke In. They're a worldwide air conditioning company that is headquartered in Japan, but there's a huge manufacturing facility called dyke In Texas Technology Park. It's in Waller, just outside of Houston. The new name becomes official on January first, and the deal is good for fifteen years. The financial terms haven't been disclosed, but Minute Made has held naming rights since two thousand and two and will continue to be a partner with the Astros organization through at least twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'd like to know what they spent. They don't give that information up.
Speaker 14: Nah, damn it.
Speaker 4: Someone will figure it out. Yeah, someone will find out.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about what's going on in Washington. A couple of Texas Republican congressmen are at all over massy portations of illegal immigrants. Tony Gonzalez of San Antonio says indiscriminate mass deportations would be impractical and an unpopular move for the Republican Party. He says efforts should focus on violent criminals in the country illegally, but Chip Roy of Austin says every illegal immigrant needs to be deported and legal immigration should be shut down.
Speaker 4: Until the illegals are removed.
Speaker 3: There are about one point seven million illegal immigrants in Texas. If you want to get through Thanksgiving and do the bare minimum, we've got your shopping list. Kroger Supermarket actually asked people to name the top five must have Thanksgiving foods.
Speaker 4: So if you can only have five things.
Speaker 3: On these table, people said it'd be turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: This is the top five, that really is.
Speaker 3: We are also running a poll like what how did we word it on the eggs?
Speaker 1: Well, outside of the big five, what's the what's number six? What if if there was a top six, what would it be? Our audience says dinner.
Speaker 4: Rolls I gotta go Cranberry sauceg dinner rolls have.
Speaker 1: To get the most votes, followed by green being castle role, followed by there you go, Cranberry sauce is not dead last now and then other pies.
Speaker 2: Those are your options today.
Speaker 1: I'm getting beat up because I didn't put sweet potato casserole on there.
Speaker 2: I told you people like that, and I didn't put mac and cheese on there.
Speaker 4: Cheese another staples.
Speaker 1: I have limited options. There's only so many. The X only gives me so many slots there for pole question.
Speaker 3: Maybe Blue Sky will give you more options.
Speaker 1: I haven't tried a poll yet on There, There you go. We're on Blue Sky. At Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Pete Davidson has quietly checked into rehab, according to a new report, after a private romance and break up with The Bachelor alum Maria Giorgas. An insider told The Sun that he's in pretty bad shape this time around, and he's not in a good place. They added that the mental health check in was recent. This would be the second time this year that Pete has gone to rehab. Davidson has been open about his struggles in the past, and except for it appearance on SNL this month and being recently spotted in public, the comedian has really had a quiet life.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I do have to mention The Sun is a British tabloid, so you got to take any news that comes directly from them with a grain of salt. Either way, we wish Peyton P. Davison the best of lot taking care of his mental health. All right, let's talk about Ed Sheeran. He is not happy that band Aid used his voice in a new remix of Do They Know It's Christmas?
Speaker 1: I found the twenty fourteen I completely blocked out mentally that they went in and put new pop people in this song.
Speaker 3: So what it is is, yes they used pop people, but it's the fortieth anniversary and this is all according to Billboard.
Speaker 4: So he was on the one with COLDPLAYE Sam Smith rita Ura.
Speaker 16: Is this it?
Speaker 1: I don't know this, This is some recon This is the remix from twenty fourteen. I mean the OG one is what really gets played all the time. I don't remember them remixing this. But Ed Sharon said that they grabbed an old vocal of his and put it in this new one right.
Speaker 3: And he says he would have refused to participate because he thinks the initiatives that band AID does in Africa really actually harm Africa's economic growth, their tourism really yeah, he says. He He says, they generate sympathy, but they they perpetuate damaging stereotypes that stifle Africa, which is interesting. I mean to go out and be specific like that. I feel like he's done his research and has that's his stance. So I don't know enough about the subject matter, but you can go read all about.
Speaker 4: It on the music Bog page. Those are Houston Sidelines.
Speaker 7: On Monday Night Football, the Texans beat that cowboy ass thirty four to ten Jill Mixon at Rushtaurant hundred and nine yards and three touchdowns in the game. Texans are now seven and four on the season. They have a two game lead for first place in the AFC South. They're gonna play their next game against the Titans on Sunday at NRG Stadium. Did you see after the game they tweeted out they were trolling the Cowboys with the the roof. Yeah, was it they or you? It was the Texans account and it just had an L as the piece of the roof that fell, which is pretty funny.
Speaker 4: The two panels.
Speaker 6: You can check that out on the sports blog page.
Speaker 2: If you saw that, I saw that, you retweeted that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 7: Basketball Rockets feud of the Bucks last night one on one to one hundred loss put an into what what was a five game winning streak. Rockets are gonna have a day off to day before they play the Pacers tomorrow night at home.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: When you're on blue Sky do you blue sky something?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: You know, like when you're on Twitter, you tweeted it out and X you send out an X you blue sky? What do you do? You read?
Speaker 2: Blue sky something? Blue Sky something?
Speaker 3: You sky it?
Speaker 1: Did you sky it?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right, sky me.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, well listen, we're still on all that blew it the poll you something?
Speaker 12: And then there's that Hoss alternative and.
Speaker 10: Tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, so mandatory Metallica ninety four or five The Buzz rod Ryan Show, We one More Hour Together. Got a two hundred and fifty dollars a Living Spaces gift card coming up. That's a huge pride.
Speaker 2: That's just kind of landed in our lap.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that even coming across my I mean I was I almost said. I almost said to say, I almost said, I don't remember that coming across my desk. But you know what, nothing comes across my desk anymore, guys, since we've been in this new building.
Speaker 2: I don't have a desk.
Speaker 4: You don't have a desk, So not one damn.
Speaker 1: Thing has ever come across my desk since we've been in this new building. Now, I don't remember that coming across my email.
Speaker 14: I mean I don't.
Speaker 1: I normally take a look at most of the things before we give things away on the show. I guess they must have assumed that, of course I would have said yes to that. A two hundred and fifty dollars gift card anywhere I will say yes to that. So that's a great prize that's coming up in just a little bit. Sunny skies today, ten percent chance of rain, highs of around eighty. Chili's been in a great mood today and he's had it pretty easy. I mean, with the new format, the way that we do the fall guitarist, he doesn't have to worry about any of that.
Speaker 2: He can kind of just kick back, chill.
Speaker 1: He's probably watching highlights from Monday Night Football, watching those plays over and over and over again. So he's had a pretty easy morning.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Chili, great game last night.
Speaker 1: Although does this team continue to kind of scare you in the second half? They come up, We come up straw him first half, then Texans no problem second half.
Speaker 16: I think now that Nicol Collins is back, we have a better chance to score touchdowns in the second half.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's a good thing.
Speaker 16: I mean, when the Texans are fully healthy, we're a dangerous team. Right now we're kind of like, eh, we're limp. I mean, I'm gonna say this, I am one of the happiest guys for Mechi.
Speaker 1: For Mechi.
Speaker 16: You know, the wide receiver who was battling cancer came back last week.
Speaker 14: He scored his first touchdown.
Speaker 1: He was also, I believe on Good Morning America they did a story on him. Yes, coming back from cancer is huge.
Speaker 16: Yeah, because his rookie year, he got by the Texans and he got h then he got the diagnose that he had cancer, and he set out for like a year and a half or two and then you know, coming back from it, like Rod said, it is difficult, and the fact that the Texans are starting to introduce them to the giving them some playtime more. Yeah, it's it's awesome to me and I like it and I'm a big fan of them, so hey, I'm happy for that.
Speaker 1: For him.
Speaker 2: Who is that big ten foot tall white guy that caught a pass yesterday?
Speaker 1: Uh? Stover? Yeah? Yeah, tight end.
Speaker 16: Yeah. It was his first catch as a pro I think. Yeah, he was the tight end for Ohio State. He had already played with c. J. Stroud in Ohio State. Okay, that's what kind of they drafted him too.
Speaker 1: So caught his first pass yesterday. That was fun, Chillie. Most important Thanksgiving food that is not the Big five has been determined to be turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie. What's the next most important thing on your Thanksgiving table?
Speaker 14: M you gotta have pumpkin You said dunkin pie, right.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin pie is a part of what I didn't come up with this. They said that's the Big five. What's the next thing? What's not on that list? What's thet pie?
Speaker 14: Another?
Speaker 1: He wants another pie? The diabetes. The diabetes, that's why.
Speaker 6: Eggs.
Speaker 3: Devil The eggs are warn't a part of my Thanksgiving, It's more part of my Easter.
Speaker 4: Doubled eggs on Easter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, angel eggs on Easter.
Speaker 1: Please. Oh I'm sorry, but I would almost say even over Easter, I would.
Speaker 2: I would put doubled eggs on a fourth of July weekend.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's you don't like it. I don't need me, I don't need you have an egg thing. I'm a weird. The white part of the egg is gross to me for some reason. That's the protein, the part that's good for you.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the deviled eggs last night? You made deviled eggs last night. Yeah, just deviled eggs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was. I was working out and I texted Trousers, say can you boil some eggs? I think I want to make some doubled eggs. Boiled them and he peeled them.
Speaker 1: He did all the worm did the other stuff.
Speaker 4: It happened like I cut him in half. And then I made the mixture, which is the most like.
Speaker 2: He hauled the wood, built the cabin, built.
Speaker 3: The fire, and then and then boiled the water, boiled the eggsled.
Speaker 1: The egg, lit a candle and you sat down and said, I did all the ones. What I created at home.
Speaker 3: I made the delicious yellow yolk goes What goes in the yolk?
Speaker 7: I go.
Speaker 3: Mayonnaise, mustard, yellow mustard, a little bit of pickle, juice, and celery, salt, pepper, mushed that all together, swirl it around, put it on, and then paprika on top. And then I do a slice of either pickled pano or a slice of pickle on.
Speaker 14: Top of each one.
Speaker 1: And is that a meal?
Speaker 4: What do you how many do you eat appetizers? It's an app I had four halms, so I had two eggs. Two eggs.
Speaker 2: Oh, very farty. You don't give party on that, not yet?
Speaker 4: And maybe it my sleep, but I didn't know. I didn't notice.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, Well, last Travis, I guess.
Speaker 1: All right, Well Chilly said he wants some devil eggs. All right, we got to pull a question up on the Axus morning.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: This never came across my desk because I don't have a desk. This never came across my email, but I would have approved this. Tell me about this giveaway that we're given.
Speaker 4: Oh, this giveaway is good, It really is good.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to Living Spaces. The brand new Living Spaces location is opened out Baybrook. Mall and friends would celebrate the new assassination for style at the Living Space Saving Space grand opening event.
Speaker 4: Learn more at Living Space.
Speaker 1: I like to whitney it Living Space. Hey, did you take the time? I'm back on the devil DGGs thing? Did you take the time to like maybe put it in a little cake thing and like, you know, put it in there nice? Or you just like slap it in there with a spoon?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Did you make it?
Speaker 2: Did you make it look pretty? Did you get it the did you get it ready for the gram?
Speaker 3: It was not grammable. I just used a spoon last night. I thought about it, but it's just I mean it's a Monday night.
Speaker 2: You didn't want to like pipe it in there?
Speaker 4: N I was the Laine pipe LUSA fast.
Speaker 3: It's delicious.
Speaker 1: Well not you all right? Living Space Woo woo woo woo hoo.
Speaker 2: Call it number ten seven, one, three, two, nine four.
Speaker 12: Five Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Shown The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Come on tattooesday ten percent chance of rain sunny today is of around eighty. Oh, we got that gift card to give away. Good morning rod Ryan.
Speaker 9: Show Hey ro Christian with the here, Christian with.
Speaker 1: The K, Good morning your color number ten?
Speaker 14: Yeah, buddy, yeah, what do you give it them?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you get the two hundred and fifty dollars gift cards to living Spaces congratulate like shit.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: It's a catching jingle. Man, they know what they're doing over there, all right, Christian with a K.
Speaker 1: Congratulations online, Kid's Alix Online ninety four five The muzz What you got today? We're looking at stars.
Speaker 7: Well, it's called stylarium and it's basically just a planetarium. You can see all of the stars you could see from Earth, but you can't really see them here with a lot of light pushes and stuff. So you can go click them. You can see a bunch of planets. You can click the star you want to see it. I'll show you where how many light years away it is, It'll show you the name of it, will show you how long it's been there, and all kinds of other fun stuff.
Speaker 6: Stilaria. Go check it out today, won't Finish Rod Ryan Show pages with.
Speaker 1: Us right right show celebrating twenty years ninety four five The Buzz Come on ninety four or five, The Buzz Some forty one and Fat Lift. There is a some forty one guitar on the Fall guitarrist Wheel of autographed guitars. I don't even know that we've come close to that. Oh, actually we were two slippers away, if you will. We gave away the Buzzfest thirty two guitar today, which was sitting right next to Godsmack.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked, didn't you mention there was a guitar that was exclusively.
Speaker 1: Just Godsmack, Because I think I'm pretty sure Godsmack's on that Busfest thirty two guitar.
Speaker 2: There is just a Godsmack signed guitar.
Speaker 1: I'll say this. I saw them, let's see, let me look at it, look at it. I want to say, oh, I think one is coming up. Okay, I'm not gonna say what it is. I want to know there's one coming up.
Speaker 4: Now that's his wheel. You tell him, tell them what's going on.
Speaker 1: There's one coming up that's a really really it's a guitar. It's a really, really nice guitar. Oh no, we already gave it away. Okay, so I can say the disturbed guitar that was like a really but like disturbed sent us that one.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: So it was a really Like the guitar itself was nice, super nice. So whoever's getting the disturbed one, that one is badass. Oh, I think it was one of those duds in the beginning. It was one of the first two duds that got the disturbed guitar.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was the dud got to disturb.
Speaker 1: The reason that we had to change the format because those first two guys were so boring, even wizards like, dude, we gotta do something about this guitar. Rist you want to give away these guitars. This is the most boring radio I've ever heard of my life. So we had to kind of like change the format. So, yeah, Gotsmac's on there right next to some forty one Tody's. There's still some more Buzzfest guitars. Buzzfest thirty two comes off the guitar. We maybe need to get oil and gas Greg involved. Switch what's going on? Every time we play switch foot? He sends me in the email He's like, oh my God, this is this is. He sends me two emails when we play switch Foot, but I get a yay email when we play Disturbed, Sign of Silence, I get it. I get a nay email.
Speaker 6: He sends you a Torn.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he plays Torn all the time, every time he goes out to the bars. He's uh, he's kind of I mean.
Speaker 3: Those cash tunes, you know, those like where you can pay to play it. He'll play Torn like fifty times in a row.
Speaker 6: A million dollars probably on just says ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's like, are you sure there's like fifty songs in front of you. Yes, here's one hundred dollars. Play Torn next. All right, So switch Foot is now, are you gonna take care of that buddy?
Speaker 2: That's your wheel?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll put it up bill Pound, all right, So Busfest comes off, switch Foot goes on, ooh, some other good ones coming up to some good ones. So we'll keep it at fourteen on the wheel at all times. There'll be no slims on the wheel that aren't represented. Okay, now listen, all I'm seeing online is Monday. I saw it because of all the Buffalo Bill stuff that I follow, and everybody was sending me all this bill stuff, and that was great. It was awesome. I loved Monday. And then now after last night's Monday night football game, all I'm seeing is all texts and stuff. But for a brief moment, I was getting some of that. President Biden disappearing into the rainforest.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was that that had?
Speaker 8: Like us?
Speaker 3: I think because we all like sports, our algorithms are obviously very sports, hey heavy, But was he in the rainfaw?
Speaker 6: He's building a real life Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: I stop him three on Sunday. He's still our president, President Biden. Okay, he became the first sitting US president to visit the Amazon rainforest.
Speaker 2: Okay, he said that nobody here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, here's the guy. Nobody can reverse clean energy revolution that's underway here in America.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what it was about. I really don't.
Speaker 1: I just know that he was there. It created the most fantastic meme because after Biden speaking, he's kind of like at this makeshift podium and he seemed to kind of just wander.
Speaker 2: Off into the rainforest afterwards.
Speaker 1: And the memes were they were so great, and I was I was looking forward to just scrolling through a hundred of them, and then I just got killed with bills, and then I'm getting killed with the text and stuff, which I love, which is great. But Twitter has been having a blast with this, right and you know what, I'm not hanging out there now as much. And we've added Blue Sky after.
Speaker 3: That, the meme of the year.
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: He seemed to wander off into the rainforest. Twitter is having a blast with this.
Speaker 1: It looked like it looks like they released him back into the wild. He just kind of wanders off into the into the rainforest. It's so funny. I need more of this. Send me more of these, Send me more of these. I need to I need to get back on these so that the algorithm says, oh, you want this. They're funny of them.
Speaker 3: My favorite part of this is the fact that like, okay, they're in a rainforest, but it's like, get the podium to be a podium, doesn't matter where we are.
Speaker 4: Let's let's make sure we get a podium in this.
Speaker 1: Let's tie one together with bamboo, looks like, let's make it look like maybe like Tom Hanks put it together.
Speaker 4: That doubles as a raft with a canoe with some I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what do they use? Bamboo palm? Okay?
Speaker 2: On three things you must see today, I don't know if this is real or not.
Speaker 1: This one I normally I snap make a decision, and this one it's hard to tell if it's real or not.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the woman she videotaped it was?
Speaker 1: I'll say it was a strange interaction with a McDonald's employee at a drive through. The lady wants a small fry. That's all she wants, is a small fry. Does anybody just want a small fry? Bob in that? But just then that's a sus thing for me, Just a small fry, no drink, nothing to wash it down. The employee says, I can't take your order right now. I'm in the bathroom. Does the earpiece go to the bathroom?
Speaker 6: Does its?
Speaker 1: I need someone to tell me that works at McDonald's. What is the range on the headgear? Couldn't you go to the bathroom and still have that on? And would nobody take over for you? He claims he's in the bathroom when she asks you for a small fry.
Speaker 14: I know that's what.
Speaker 1: There's things that are believable about it.
Speaker 2: But then there's things that I just can't tell.
Speaker 1: I need some help with this. Three things you must see today. So if you go and check that out, send me all the Biden disappearing into the rainforest memes and the videos. I need all of them. Need all of those, and then tell me if that is real or not. I just can't figure that one out.
Speaker 14: The kid.
Speaker 2: I hope he's in the bathroom talking and still taking orders.
Speaker 1: I want it to be real. So bad rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the bars good morning rod Ryan's Show boy.
Speaker 1: That fades out quick. It's like, whoa song's ending. I could have gone for a little few more bars of that piano. Yeah, She's like, no, I'm want to catch rot off guard on that twenty four find the buzz shine down symptom of being human. Sunnis guys today ten percent chance of rain hides them around eighty on this Tattooesday.
Speaker 2: It's a fine Tattooesday feature, Chilly, I.
Speaker 1: Check it out. I look every day, almost every day, almost every day I look at our Instagram feature. I know that he's curating now. He gets his feelings hurt, that he puts this. He takes the time to put this together. It doesn't help him at all that it's the number one link every day. If I don't say that I've seen it and I approve of it, little fella gets his feelings hurt. It's a fine feature to that, it's a wonderful feature to that. Really good, it's good, it's really really good. Yeah, he's trying to find this guy he was chiming in about. He was chiming in about the sides, and he makes this. He really does make a point. He's like, brod, I get the roles are important, the buttered rolls as as a side, but he goes, man, I get filled up on those.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the roles to me are such like there's so much MS already.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: They're there, but they're not like my ooh, I need to have that on my plate. Yeah, but you know what, the next day, when I'm doing like leftovers, I use the rolls for like a little sandwich, like a little slider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll make nice.
Speaker 1: I'll make a little sandy later with those rolls. I will get to the rolls, but right, but not for sir, what are we talking about here? Well, of course, it's been determined that the big five on your Thanksgiving table turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie. Outside of the big five, what's the next most important thing? Dinner rolls came in at number one with our audience two hundred and fifty one votes on the X We're still on there. Green bean cast roll was second, followed by cranberry sauce, which was bringing up the ass but now other pies. Chili was another pie guy. He's he wants pies. He's got a sweet tooth. Chili, he's got that sweet tooth. He's not. I mean, he's so sweet to begin with.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 2: But he's got room for more sweetness in there.
Speaker 1: The guy that said I don't have room for the dinner rolls also said, Rod, you really should have put mac and cheese on there. That's another really filling thing. Pasta what's more filling the pasta? Nothing?
Speaker 14: Roll?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Rolls are You're right? Look at those things?
Speaker 1: All these things I don't eat any other time of year. That's the most fun part of It's like this is I have turkey, like I get turkey because I make the kid turkey see it, which is so I'll get lunch meat stuffing once once a year.
Speaker 2: I love it, I absolutely love it. But fat boy doesn't need it.
Speaker 1: Mashed potatoes, I really maybe one other time throughout the year we have mashed potatoes at the house. Maybe one other time. That's it.
Speaker 2: Easter we had mashed potatoes with our post sausage gravy. I mean, I passed with the gravy. Alex, Alex, do you does anybody have pumpkin pie any other time a year?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: Do you have it?
Speaker 1: More than things?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: Where pumpkins available? If you go to the Mexican bakeries, they usually do have empanadas with pumpkin filling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of a year round pumpkin situation.
Speaker 1: But I mean the green bean cast role. Why wouldn't you if you love it so much, why don't you make it a couple of times?
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's so weird that it's just like holiday specific.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, all right, Well, I appreciate you guys getting involved in our poll questions. We're still up on all these crazy social networks. We didn't quit anybody. We just added that blue Sky one. I still don't know how to use it. What are you giving away?
Speaker 2: I know the show?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see the Goo Goo Dolls. They announce our summer Anthem tour with Dashboard Confessional. They're playing Smart Financial July seventeenth, and tickets go on sale this Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay. And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Last segment l l l l l l l l we call it, no the show. What are you giving away?
Speaker 3: I've got the pair of tickets see Google Dolls.
Speaker 2: This is before they go on sale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when them before you can buy them?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: What you're not even on sale? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Then you sure?
Speaker 14: Sure?
Speaker 1: I'm sure we're in trouble. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Who's going back and forth with producers over their story being told as a movie or as a series.
Speaker 2: Do we want it to be a TV series?
Speaker 4: We want that right, I would love that. I'll watch that tonight.
Speaker 1: I want that too. Seven one, three five.
Speaker 2: If you know the show, rod Ryan, you're.
Speaker 1: Fing to him like a Thanksgiving turkey from the goal. The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five The buzz Box, rod Ryan's Show on this Tattuesday, nothing over at ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies high so about eighty.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, we gotta go peas now.
Speaker 1: Time for this show on ninety four to five The La La La La La La La La La la la la la la la la La. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Hello, well, Hello, who is this Dakota? Welcome to the show, Dakota. How are you good? How are you today?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 1: Really awesome? All right, we want to get out of here. Tesla has a question for you. Tesla, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Dakota? Tell me who's going back and forth with producers over their story being told as a movie or a series?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 2: Madonna?
Speaker 7: Is it is?
Speaker 1: I mean, it would make me feel less important if my movie wasn't gonna be in theaters and it was just reduced to streaming, even though that's what I want because I think it's better.
Speaker 3: But is it?
Speaker 1: Is it more?
Speaker 2: Is it still more prestigious to be a theatrical release?
Speaker 3: It is, But if it's good, it'll still be just as popular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they're more serious exactly.
Speaker 6: Like series, you get to like, write that off with a series.
Speaker 2: I think you just want that on your resume that you had a movie in theaters.
Speaker 1: But movies, I mean stuff with the rock in it. This Christmas movie made thirty million this weekend. It's that should have made a hundred million dollars, right, Yeah, So what's Madonna going to make.
Speaker 2: On her bio pick it's gonna make ten million.
Speaker 1: Dollars if it comes out, Save herself the embarrassment of the box office numbers and just put it out on streaming.
Speaker 3: Not if it's really good.
Speaker 4: How much did the Queen one make?
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's the standard.
Speaker 9: But she can do it.
Speaker 4: She has the she has the music.
Speaker 1: Dakota's like, just give you my.
Speaker 2: Tickets, Dakota, what do you think.
Speaker 5: I would go to see rod biopic.
Speaker 14: And or the series?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for that. I appreciate you already have the tickets.
Speaker 4: You don't need to kiss his ass.
Speaker 1: What are you giving it?
Speaker 4: You get the bear to get see Goo Goo Dolls. Rod loves this band. Maybe you take them. I don't know, you know the show, I bro way to go, Dakota, Thank you, thank you, bro.
Speaker 1: Okay. Sean Connery keeps winning in the morning. He beat Big Lou this morning. He's got three wins. He's two away from getting into the brackets to get into the Tournament of Champions, which Sean Connery is the only guy that can get in the tournament freshout of man Head to head. You should tune it in every morning. Get six twenty tat Tuesday. Awesome today, Chili, thank you, guitarvest the Guitarist Wheel. We have added switch Foot to the wheel because Buzzfest thirty two came off the wheel. Chili Brown was outstanding today and that's it and scene it comes to we pull the curtain on Chili Brown. Thanksgaming. Addition, don't worry, he'll be back for Christmas. The grand prize for that trip will be announced on Friday show. But yeah, the winner of Chili Brown today got registered for the trip to California to go to the Alter Ego show. That's it. You got to win your way into that. There's no other sign up anywhere, I don't think. So it's just five winners on the show this week. Chili will put it at eight twenty tomorrow and what is a twenty Tomorrow's Wednesday, Is it Pumpkin? No, the guitarist is at a twenty, so maybe he puts it at nine ten. I'll let to work with him on that. He knows what he's doing. Thank you to Living Spaces for having a jingle that won't get out of my head. Hype Man, Pumpkin Spice price is right. We're playing that at seven twenty Tomorrow seven twenty. The hype Man will be in with us. Wild Card Wednesday, More Guitarvest, more everything? Okay, up next NonStop noon or Jeremy is back? Okay, Rod Ryan's show on All Socials at Rod Ryan Show. Thanks for getting involved in our silly poll questions. Testa's on Houston Life Today at one o'clock and Chili Brown Chili's so Happy today. Great job Texans. That's it.
Speaker 2: We're on a twenty hour break, amf.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the
Speaker 3: World famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.