Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, let's go, let's do this show today. Come on, come on, this is Ed McMahon. I know ladies and gentlemen ride right.
Speaker 2: Oh, already smack Dawn in the middle of the week.
Speaker 1: Humpday, Baby, Wakey, wakey, hands off snakey Rob Ryan show check it in Happy Ash Wednesday if you're if you're doing the Ash Wednesday thing today, I'm waiting for Mark Wahlberg's post to be running around with the Ashes keeping prayers up. Today on the show, we got Rick slick Rick going for win number three, still claims he's not a swinger. Uh win number three today, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Can you beat him? We'll play that game at around six twenty. Violent Femme's tickets in homeroom. You're gonna get those on the fun Fat Flashback. If it's okay with my friend Alex, I'd like to do the torture ten today. Oh for offspring tickets. You know I'm always down. I don't know. Oh are you always down for that? I am all right, Zach always seven twenty.
Speaker 3: For offspring tickets. Win him before you can buy.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Eat World and newfound glory on that show.
Speaker 1: What Deftones floor tickets to the sold out show coming up March sixteenth at the Toyota Center. We're gonna blow those out at eight twenty Bring Me the Horizon again. We'll give away tickets before they go on sale this Friday. Those tickets coming your way early in the nine o'clock hour. I got those four pack of Landry's All Day Ride passes coming up for a spring break four pack Dad yesterday. That won him. He was super happy about him and his family that he said he was gonna be here locally for spring break. So he said those are going to be put to good use. I'll let those for you on Know the show. Chilli wants you to sign up to play Read my Lips tomorrow. He's got a link up on Links and Guests. I'm gonna mention that several times. And no rain today, sunny skies, hies up around sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Let's get right into it. Good morning Alex. One of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Good morning ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump addressed a joint session of Congress last night, and a lot went down after saying that he.
Speaker 3: Would not tolerate any disruptions.
Speaker 4: House Speaker Mike Johnson banged his gabble and called Ford decorum, and then had the Sergeant at Arms removed Texas Democratic Representative Al Greens from the chamber after he repeatedly interrupted Trump, saying you have no mandate to cut medicaid while waving his gold cane in the air. Trump listed his accomplishments during the speech and spent a lot of time talking about the renewal of the American Dream, his words, not mine. The president also addressed inflation, saying that he'll deal with it later after imposing tariffs against China, Mexico, and Canada. He also blamed former President Biden for rising egg prices. A lot happened, A lot happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The IRS is planning on slashing its workforce. This initiative is part of the Trump administration's effort to shrink the federal workforce, led by Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency. The cutbacks have already started, with approximately seven thousand probationary IRS employees already laid off. Additionally, the administration plans to reassign IRS employees to the Department of Homeland Security to assist with immigration enforcement. The south By Southwest Festival kicks off Friday in Austin. It's a celebration of tech, film, television, and music industries. It'll run through March fifteenth, and it's going to feature multiple conferences, movie and show screenings, musical performances, comedy, and much more. Prices start at one hundred and fifty dollars for wristbands and go all the way up to twenty three hundred dollars for an all access badge.
Speaker 1: In some movie news, three dead characters are returning for the next Scream movie. David Arquette's gonna return for Scream seven, even though he was killed off back in Scream five. He'll join Matthew Lillard and Scott Foley were also coming back despite their characters being dead.
Speaker 4: And people are pretty stoked about this from what I've seen. But yeah, Scream seven coming out. I don't know exactly when, but there's dead people back.
Speaker 1: Tragedy struck an eighties themed cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship over the weekend, the fiance Faster Pussycat singer Tamy Down fell overboard to her death after an argument between the two of them.
Speaker 4: Her name was Kimberly Birch, and it's not clear if she fell or jumped. Her mother has said that she didn't think her daughter would commit suicide. She also wasn't suffering from any depression or emotional issues.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 4: Kimberly went overboard off the coast of the Bahamas and her body has not yet been found.
Speaker 1: Faston Pussycat was kind of a big eighties band. They were on MTV all the time. This is them here, horrible story. Yeah, and then they start looking at old Well the couple was fighting that night. Oh boy, so craze. We haven't heard the last of this story. Okay, Sports, the Rockets lost the Pacers last night, one fifteen to one oh two.
Speaker 3: They're now thirty seven and twenty.
Speaker 1: Five on the season.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off before playing the Pelicans tomorrow night in New Orleans. Down at Spring Training, the Astros are gonna play the Cardinals this afternoon in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch for that is at twelve oh five. And that is what's going on in sports. All right, Well, here we go, four hours of pain. It's gonna go by quick. We're going to be very, very busy all morning long.
Speaker 1: Strap yourselves in now, step forward if you want the first phone call. Let's get involved a little bit seven one three, two one two, five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now for five the buzz.
Speaker 3: Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Buttholesurfers and Pepper.
Speaker 1: There we go, man, we are off and running. Wild Cart Wednesday, March fifth, Ash Wednesday Today. There are drive by ash places.
Speaker 3: There's two of them set up.
Speaker 1: I don't have the locations, but they are easily googleable if you need to go get some ashes on the fly and can't even get out of your car. Two of them here locally. We're gonna be insanely busy today. We got no rain to worry about. I got sunny Skies on tap for you today. Hive around sixty eight. I dial that up just for you. Okay, perfect day. Slick Rick going for win number three, fresh out of bad head to head torture ten at seven twenty for offspring tickets, Deptones fans coming out wanting to get into that show. It's now sold out. March sixteenth at the Toyota Center. I got tickets on the floor. Hey, twenty. Bring me the horizon now, Chiley said, you've got to tell people to sign up. He hasn't picked anybody yet to come down tomorrow to play. Read my lips. You're taking on chili too tomorrow so you can sign up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Boy, every full line's ringing.
Speaker 5: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: You got another Rick on my hands here? Hey, Rick, What's what's up dude? What you're doing this morning?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Just listening to you guys. I'm a long time listener since day one. Actually I remember getting lost on the way to work.
Speaker 1: You know how I feel about that. Nobody was listening to this radio station. Nobody was listening to this station for shit that I cannot believe. You guys know the history of the show, My very very very first show. I got lost and I was driving all over the place and Travis Golightly was giving me terrible directions. And uh, now with Rick, I have met every single person that heard that show.
Speaker 7: We know Golightly's dad and everything because he worked for Andrew's music over here in New Canny. They're from Roman Forests, and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Golightlys. The Golightly's were like the first family of New Canny.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, they really they they've been they they came out in New Canny.
Speaker 3: Where does anybody know when we're Travis? Does anybody know where Travis is now?
Speaker 6: I do not.
Speaker 3: Nobody does.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get a hold of Travis for the twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: I would have loved to have him there. I just have no way of getting a hold of him.
Speaker 1: International who knows.
Speaker 7: I don't know, man, I don't even know where his dad is because he doesn't work with injur and stuff like that. They used to play in the church ben and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yep. And then Travis had a twin brother, Clay, Clay Golightly. I mean maybe I should have started there Clay. Yeah, they were tweeting Clay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Clay was like.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to call him, say what's let you know that.
Speaker 1: I still listen you, Thank you, Rick.
Speaker 7: I don't always wake up this early what I did. I'm not always a home Arner home Arner home murmur whatever. Anyway, I'm still half asleep. But anyway, I was Liken.
Speaker 1: Say have a sleep and that maybe sounds like you tipped a few already. Thank you, Rick, Thank you brother. Good to hear you.
Speaker 3: Caney, I haven't heard from New Canaan A wow.
Speaker 1: All right, Rick, let me think you that. Let me take a short break. I'm the Flip Gonta wreck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 8: Oh Boys, Alternative and Helm at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's Show, Wild Card Wednesday edition.
Speaker 3: I'm getting I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Set up over here for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Alex now knows that we're going to be playing the Torture ten, so he's got to move some things around and get ready to play that game.
Speaker 3: At seven twenty for offspring tickets, I.
Speaker 1: Got sunny skies for you today, no rain, highs up around sixty eight. Oh bye.
Speaker 3: What's trending? Lots of stuff trending.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Al Green, Texas Texas is Texas's representative.
Speaker 4: Al Green was removed from the chamber during President Trump's Joint Speech to your Joint Session of Congress. Yesterday after yelling that you can't cut Medicare and then waving his cool looking tane.
Speaker 1: How about something alright, another local connection that I thought was very.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 1: Did you see the thirteen year old kid? I thought that you just posted it. Okay, he's from Houston, Okay. And I know this is all already polarizing. I just can't blindly hate anybody. And when something cool happens and it's a Houston connection, I got a love on it. Trump recognized DJ Daniel. He's thirteen years old. He was diagnosed with brain cancer in twenty eighteen. He wanted to become a law enforcement officer, and he's got like a bunch of badges from different things. So he was invited to the gig last night, and the President called him out and said he's asking the new Secret Service director to officially make him an agent of the United States. So his dad lifted him up. He's got his badge. The kid's wearing a Houston astros pin on his uniform. I mean, everything about it is Houston, and it's cool. And then you know there's comments that's like, oh, you know, shame on them for you know, propping up a kid I just thought it was a cool story. I'm gonna leave it and I'm gonna let people argue on our Instagram. It's at Rob Ryan's show. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna leave it at that. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 4: Else, Ash Wednesday's trending. Yeah, Happy ash Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Everybody sing to you? And then Pope Francis speaking of ash Wednesday is also trending. He is off of a ventilator. That's great.
Speaker 4: He's in a stable condition but still hospitalized, so we wish the best should Pope Francis.
Speaker 1: But that's his trending. On night by the Buzz Good.
Speaker 9: Morning, everybody is a sleep rate. Yes I am a plumber.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not a swinger already. What I am is you fresh out of bed? Heads ahead, two day Champions, two questions to answers, Join me on Wednesday when I make you win number three? Good to seven, one three, five. If you think you could beat this guy to run Ryan Show, I pooped, but ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning brought Ryan's show on a wild card Wednesday. Green Day are on the music blog page. I put it on there. I sent it over to you in Chile. Do you think I know what it was about. No.
Speaker 3: I think they had to cancel a couple.
Speaker 1: Of shows in Australia.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But look at the music blog page.
Speaker 1: It is Rus season over there.
Speaker 3: It's always rue season.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's just just that's me moving too quick in the morning, just trying to get all these damn links up. I'm trying to get a link up. I know you're gonna be talking about that bald eagle webcam. Yeah, dude, I was just looking at it, dude, sick.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: There's some bald eagles in Big Bend that they they're having Big Bear, thank you, And they just laid some eggs and then some of the little they got one maybe three little eaglets are coming out of the eggs now and stuff.
Speaker 3: And there's a live cam there.
Speaker 1: I got the cam up. It's pretty sick. Yeah, I can't see much right now, but like it's cool. Okay, famous rid ride show just by that kind. If you want to go mine, you're gonna be talking about that as Okay, we got sunny skies here today, get no rain five six today, come on, and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Yeah, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: Rick the Plumber not a swinger.
Speaker 1: What else do we know about this?
Speaker 3: Guys from Pearland?
Speaker 1: I think Rick? Good morning, Good morning, good morning. I'll doing doing well. Dude.
Speaker 3: You're doing pretty good on this game.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You're going for win number three today? Yes, sir, Okay, your competition just went up. Smoke show Carla, welcome back to the show. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go. You've been in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Before once, yes, one time. Hof Rick, she's got a Hall of Fame experience.
Speaker 3: She's won five in a row.
Speaker 1: Okay, ok, kir Well, is it it's good for her?
Speaker 3: Is it good for you?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think you. We'll see what you're made of today. For sure. Here's what I got for the winner. Obviously you get invited to tomorrow's show. I got a packet tickets to the Houston Roughnecks season opener against the Saint Louis BattleHawks on March twenty eighth, TDECU Stadium. Single game and season tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 3: Rick, Carla, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: I need two correct answers to win those tickets and to come on the show tomorrow. Carla, welcome back. You ready ready?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: Rick? You ready ready? All right? Here we go. Question number one, How many games in a row do you have to win to get into the Hall of Fame? Here, Carlay, Yeah, because she's done it before, of course she's gonna get that one right, Carla. On the board, there's a Hall of Fame question for a Hall of famer. Almost not fair, sorry, Rick. I'll just see if I can get a plumbing question in there. What is the main ingredient in guacamole? Carla avocado? Oh, she's in conform right now. Has a pretty down promise.
Speaker 3: I mean, Rick, I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't scrape up a sink trap question or something for you or plunger a goose neck? Is that a thing? I don't know? A wrench? That monkey wrench? Shower head? What is where's the water come out of in the shower? The shower head? Rick, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's not fair. She got a Hall of Fame question. Rick. We got to say goodbye, all right, dude. The float valve back of the toilet tanky flip valve thing. I should have asked him that he would have nailed that question, all right, Yeah, he would have killed you, Carla if I asked him questions about crappers. Yeah, but I didn't, but I did. Hey, I'm gonna give you those tickets to the Houston Roughnecks. And then, as I said, I'm gonna invite you on tomorrow's show. You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Okay, good to have you back.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show, The Buzz Now NY four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday Home Rumers. You guys always do the best job of giving me words for Read my Lips. You know, we play that game on Thursday, and I know a couple of home roomers have come into play Read my Lips. As we are now in this new era the rod Ryan Shows, we're still looking for a co host, but we've had listeners come in to play every Thursday and it's been really, really fun. I'm just reminding you in homeroom that you need to sign up if you want to play, come down and play tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Chili's still looking for someone.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean he doesn't have something sitting in that inbox right now. But he is looking. He hasn't chosen anybody yet to come down and play tomorrow morning. If you want to come down and take on the Chile, you need to get over to links and guests, the world famous Rob Ryan Show blog page, The buzz dot Com Sunny Skies today, no rain Hive sixty eight. Oh we have a new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. This is one time Hall of Famer Carla. Now your freshwaughter bed heads ahead. One day champion. I'm telling you right now, I ain't going anywhere for four more days. Join me on Thursday when I make it win number two. She brings good energy. She does. She brings really good energy. Adam the cop Killer Smoke Show. Carl lah Rick had no chance. Hell of a job, Carlo Benjamin Rod I was call her three again today. Chili's fired. That's og Ben, Oh, Ben, Chili's not fired. He's playing. You don't have enough people to fire.
Speaker 3: We can't fire, and said, what do I do sitting here with this guy?
Speaker 1: That's it. I can't do all the stuff.
Speaker 3: Dave Conaway that first phone call to day.
Speaker 1: That dude definitely just smote the faddy if he's not going to work. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed the first phone call of the day today. I really do one, and we had Rick number two just now.
Speaker 1: I thoroughly enjoyed the first phone call today, plus got to talk a little TVG All right, here we go, Well, maybe we should do this. It's the fuck that to the day. Make you look smart in front of your body's It's the fuck that to the day. Let's do the flashback after. I guess we can. All right, maybe you're trying something new. I think I was just trying to change it up. Yeah, let's do some new ones and then we'll flash back. This is pretty awesome. I had no I never heard this before. I love this segment. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial in DC. That's the wall. It was designed by a twenty one year old architecture student at Dale named Maya Lynn. Now get this, if you've ever been to DC, the Vietnam Wall is unbelievable. A twenty one year old chick came up with it. Her professor gave her a B for the design. He also submitted his own design proposal.
Speaker 3: He didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she gets to be the professor. I think in that case you have a Yeah, nope, you lost your job to her. Oh he gets her job too, Yeah she gets Hey, you gotta go. The word gymnasium was that the ever when you were in school, like, oh, time to go to the gym. The gymnasium comes from the Greek word gymnasin, which literally translates to exercise naked.
Speaker 3: I feel like Greek was very orgy naked.
Speaker 1: They have clothes back then. They have materials to make that stuff they leaves.
Speaker 3: Not true, I think they had clothing. I just leaves they had. I think they just loved being naked all the time.
Speaker 1: I think it was a lot of naked wrestling back in the day. All right, finally, today, let's keep it old timy good. The Vikings. I know you've asked about a Viking funeral before. I will have some cool things about these Vikings. Man. They believe that in heaven there was a giant goat whose utters provided an unlimited supply of beer after you died.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, when you.
Speaker 1: Pass, you just have just unlimited from the beer teat as much as you want happy hour all the time. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the funk fat to the day. Goday, We're gonna go right into that fun fat flashback. Okay, how many people are emailing me right now? Dude beerd teat to read my lips. Yeah, it's one of those when it's said on the air like, oh Beard teat a fun fat flashback? What am I giving away? Violent Femmes tickets, Violin Fem's March eighteens, White Oak Music Hall. It's your fun fat flashback. When Titanic was filming, James Cameron and about fifty other cast and crew members were hospitalized. Someone spiked this food item they were eating with PCP. The person was never caught. What were they all eating? What were they eating on the set of Titanic that was spiked with PCP? We learned that one yesterday seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Bring on the money guy here, Hey, Captain Cash, brother Rod, good morning, there is dude. Yesterday when you left the show, you said we got to turn this baby around. Did that baby get turned around? Because it's been wild on Wall Street?
Speaker 9: We didn't turn very much around. The Dow was down yesterday six hundred seventy points.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, kick off this.
Speaker 9: Morning at forty two thousand, five hundred and twenty. Nasdaq down sixty five to eighteen thousand and two eighty five. Benks Martinir Treasure is trading at a four point two two percent in oil stands at sixty seven dollars fifteen cents of barrel.
Speaker 1: To the must Act.
Speaker 9: It's the big studs in NA video, United Health and IBM, the big duds Boeing three M and Amex on the economic this morning, we'll get numbers on fact for orders for January right now futures. Hey, they're on the ipside looking pretty good. Hang on to this you a pause of opening right here on Wall Street. That's it I met here. This is Howland manage the director with the Raim James reports for the Right Ryan Show from Raymond Jamesohn stan Felt and Augusta and dont get the olds a rock out with a stock out.
Speaker 5: Vimin's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James associate, ZANC come Ember NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mentioned.
Speaker 7: We'll continue.
Speaker 5: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational nervous is on linkstus and does are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Yet ninety four. Fullout the buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Welcome back, everybody, you're fuck all right? Good morning, good morning? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 3: Oh Jesse, Jesse, welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: How about your show?
Speaker 1: So great?
Speaker 3: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: So yesterday we learned when The Titanic, the movie The Titanic was filming, James Cameron and about fifty other cast and crew members were hospitalized. Someone spiked the food they were eating with PCP.
Speaker 3: They never caught the person. What were they all eating?
Speaker 1: Oh gulas, I show me gulash, No dude, they although I could go for some good gulash. My mom's gulash was killer. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Good morning. We used to call my mom's gulash gruel lash my dad, ye, Hi, what's your name? Hi? Hey man? What were they eating on the set of the Titanic that was spiked with PCP Oh, that was lobster chowder. Lobster chowder for the wind. Of course they were eating lobster chowder with all that water around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, congratulations, you're the winner.
Speaker 1: Violent Femmes Tickets March eighteen, White Elk Music, Call.
Speaker 2: You the man, Dude, I've been Thank you so much, man, Thank you are truro.
Speaker 1: Great having you on in homeroom Gula? Did he not? He didn't think that was the right answer, right, He was just throwing that up there like he got in. Didn't know, come up with come up with any food off the top of your head. I'm not saying gulash, yeah.
Speaker 3: Although I will. Now we should get.
Speaker 1: Right into can you want to do Houston's headlines? Now? We should get right into it. We running a little behind today. Call that gulash talk put me behind. It's six point fifty three, no rain, sunny skies, Hi is sixty eight, no chance of gulash. All right, Hi, good morning? What are wow? Wild night? Last night. What are Houston's headlines here? Good morning, homeroom.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump addressed a joint session of Congress last night, and a lot went down. After saying that he would not tolerate any disruptions, House speaker Mike Johnson banged his gavel and called for decorum, and then had the Sergeant at arms removed Texas Democratic Representative Al Green from the chamber after he repeatedly interrupted Trump, saying, quote, you have no mandate to cut medicaid while waving his cool gold cane in the air. Trump listed his accomplishments during the speech and spent a lot of time talking about.
Speaker 1: The quote renewal of the American Dream.
Speaker 4: The president also addressed inflation, saying that he'll deal with it later after imposing tariffs against China, Mexico, and Canada. He also blamed former President Biden for rising egg prices.
Speaker 1: You know my favorite moment, and it was a Houston moment. Oh yes, And I learned about DJ Daniel, who he's a Houston kid. He's thirteen years old. He was there with his dad and he was diagnosed with brain cancer in twenty eighteen, and he had this dream to become a law enforcement officer. So Trump said, I am asking our new Secret Service director to officially make you an agent of the United States. So the dad lifts up DJ and he's holding up his badge. And if you look really closely, and I put this on our Instagram page.
Speaker 3: And I know people are fighting about it.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't care because the kids from Houston. He's got a Houston Astro's pin. Yeah, which is cool on his uniform. It's a great Houston moment. I'm keeping it up. I know you guys are arguing about it. That's fine. I just can't blindly hate. I thought it was a great, great moment. Okay, both sides do these types of things. Yes, both sides do these types of things.
Speaker 3: Did you hear me?
Speaker 1: Both sides?
Speaker 3: It was a great It was a great.
Speaker 1: Houston thing that happened. This kid's awesome and I didn't know about him, and I think people need to know about him.
Speaker 3: It was a great, great moment last night.
Speaker 4: Moving on, Well, there's a measle outbreak in Texas that continues to grow, with one hundred and fifty nine confirmed cases reported since late January. The outbreak is primarily centered in the South Plains region, most notably in Gaines County, which has one of the state's highest rates of vaccination exemptions. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is dispatched disease experts to Texas to assist in controlling the outbreak. Health officials are urging residents to ensure that they are vaccinated with measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines.
Speaker 1: In some lighter news, Big Bear Lakes famous bald eagles Jackie and Shadow our parents again. One of the three eggs in their nest thatched over the weekend, and the other two could be hatching soon. Everyone's gonna love this story, right like you cannot.
Speaker 3: This is not splitting anybody.
Speaker 1: Eagles, it's bold eagles. This is the coolest thing. And chilely has the live webcam up. Yeah awesome.
Speaker 4: The growing eagle family lives in a tree one hundred and forty five feet above the forest near Big Lake Beer Big Bear near Big Bear Lake, I said, correctly, in California. And this is the first time that one of their eggs hatched since twenty twenty two. There's a twenty four to seven live streaming camera monitoring the nest that you can see at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: So it's obviously nighttime right now now, so you kind of got not as cool right now, but it will be. Just leave it on after the show's over today. Just monitor Shadow and Jackie. That's all you got to do. But the waight is your day. Whoever placed that camera behind that nest? It's perfect because you see the valley behind it and the water and everything. Get it is beautiful. It is absolutely beautiful, these bald eagles. When she was about I was watching this for a couple of days now. When she was about to lay her eggs, she was like screaming, like like you're calling the dude over, like, yeah, I'm about to pop. Get over here. I need a drink. I'm about to pop. I guess she probably could drink right after that.
Speaker 3: It was pretty cool. It was really not alcohol.
Speaker 1: Well, she could.
Speaker 3: She needed some water.
Speaker 1: I think she could probably have a drink because she's not with child anymore.
Speaker 3: God was out partying with his friends. She's given birth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just hanging with the boys. Guys dying. Go check out the live link. It's really well right now, it's kind of boring, but it's really cool. You're gonna want to keep an eye on this all day, have.
Speaker 3: It up with the peep show.
Speaker 1: Then when we're gone, just keep that up all day. There you go up. California Governor Gavin Newsom has delayed Eric and Lamanindez his resentencing hearing, ordering that the state's Board of Parole hearing conduct a risk assessment investigation.
Speaker 4: The hearing was originally scheduled for March twentieth. Laomanindez responded to the news on Facebook, telling supporters to quote, hang tight, be patient, and keep the faith. Newsom stated that experts are going to evaluate whether the brothers have done the transformational work needed to avoid reoffending.
Speaker 1: The Parole Board will receive the results in.
Speaker 4: A few months, potentially leading to a hearing or clemency for the brothers. Motley Crue has postponed their Las Vegas residency. They were originally set for a March twenty eighth to April nineteenth residency, but the shows are now rescheduled for September and October. According to a statement from the band, the postponement is because of Vince Neil's doctors. They've advised him to have a quote required medical procedure, and Neil apologized to his fans in a statement, saying that my health is my top prior so I can bring you awesome shows that you deserve. Tickets for the original dates are gonna be honored for the new shows. You can see the rescheduled dates on the official Motley Crue website. Those are Houston's headlines. Boy, they're staying at the party too long. They're staying at the party too long.
Speaker 1: The Vegas residency is where you make your money. They signed the contracts that said we're never getting back together.
Speaker 3: They've done everybody. Everybody does that, but they've made a huge stink about it.
Speaker 1: Are they in a band until you've said you quit and then you did it? Quit? But Vince is just not well. He's got to get in shape and he's just not ready for this stuff. He's not ready for a residency. But now, like that is the dream.
Speaker 4: You get the residency, you're just rich, you hang out in Vegas for the whole time.
Speaker 3: I know that's the.
Speaker 1: Dream, and he's achieved that now, so let him let him have a dream. You know what you're going, you know what you're getting when you go to a Vegas residency show. Right, it's probably not damn in their prime, it's not, but you know what you're you're gonna get to go see it. You can gamble, you can eat at a buffet, you spend five thousand dollars on whatever else you're doing in Vegas, and then you can go see Motley Crue at night when you're drunk. Like if your prime is Grade A eggs, they're like Grade G eggs.
Speaker 3: Like eggs that have been sitting outside in the sun for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like rottennigs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've rotten, but like tomorrow they're rotten, like rotten eggs.
Speaker 1: I can't sing anymore, all right. What's going on in sports? The Rockets lost to the Facers last night one two. They're now thirty seven and twenty five on the season. They'll have a day off today before they play the Pelicans tomorrow night in New Orleans. Down is spring training. The Asps are gonna play the Cardinals this afternoon in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 3: First pitch for that game is at twelve oh five.
Speaker 4: And that's going on in sports.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six AM.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four five, The buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. That's popa Roach and scars. More on that in just the seconds. Seven O five No rain on tap today or tonight? Sunny skies, highs up around sixty eight? Oh, should they have this pulled up? I did get six picks today. I just bypassed the chili because I know he wouldn't be happy about it. I went directly to the old Facebook page and uh, oh, here he is, hey, brother Rob.
Speaker 3: The rodeo was awesome, Riba was amazing.
Speaker 1: Ten out of ten. Here's six picks.
Speaker 3: Kenny Davis. Kenny Davis had a great time.
Speaker 1: I heard Reva was unbelievable in her twentieth rodeo appearance last night, so good for him. It looks like him and his gal had a good time. He took some pretty good pictures too, so those went directly over to the Facebook page this morning, Chili, you're spared. You've been spared the six picks. I don't even want to like the look of disgust when I send him something that says six picks and it's not a Monday morning, even a Monday morning. The look of disgust. Yeah, but this bald eagle cam he was making sure that was good and going we do have that up. That's my favorite thing on the Wow Still I still stand by when I put on our Instagram this morning at rod Ryan Show, that's.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing. I'm not taking. I'm just I'm all about the Houston moment last night.
Speaker 1: And that thirteen year old kid man DJ. It was an awesome, awesome moment, and I don't think most people noticed, and I made sure that I put it on the Instagram. It's like that the dude's wearing the kid. He's wearing a little Houston astros pin too on his outfit. He's awesome man. DJ Daniel diagnosed with brain cancer. He became a he became a member of the US Secret Service last night. Yeah, pretty, that was pretty awesome moment. I liked it. I know people are going back and forth on our Instagram. That's fine. But the the bald eagle thing, that's awesome too. And that's on that's on links and guests Now. I said more on this pumpa Roach situation. I just played your Pappa Road song. I got a date today, Oh do yeah, Yeah, it's a it's a date. It's a zoom date. Oh and Uh, we're just you know, we're just gonna get to know each other a little bit and see how it goes. I I don't want to you know, I don't move too quick on these things. But it is going to be.
Speaker 3: Over the zoom Jacoby Shaddocks.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm going to be chatting it up with him today at around eleven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not gonna mention this again on the show.
Speaker 1: Now. I approach interviews differently, you know. I make sure I do my research. I've got everything. I've got all the dates, I've got why they're out on tour. They're celebrating twenty five years of their Infest album. I know what they've kind of been up to. They've been overseas. Houston's gonna be the first show a lot of you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I make sure that I make my notes. I don't go into these.
Speaker 1: I'm not good enough to go into an interview and not have prep ready to go. What I won't mention again on the show is I'm okay. And I know there's a bunch of Popper Road super fans out there. If you had some sort of a cool question that you wanted me to kind of weave in to Jacoby today. I'd be more than happy to do that if you want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wanted to email me.
Speaker 1: The one thing I know about Jacoby is like he knows how much we love him here in Houston. I know for a fact. If you don't know this, Papa Roach loves Houston. This is one of their biggest markets. I say that about a couple of bands. I've said it about Shining Down before, I've said it about Creed, something about a couple of these rock bands that they do better here than everywhere else. So you know, they're bringing the Rise Against the Roach tour here on March twentieth to the Toyota Center. So obviously we're going to talk about the show and try to you know, drum.
Speaker 3: Up some more ticket sales, you know, maybe get this thing sold out.
Speaker 1: But if you because I have a lot to talk about with him, how about the how about getting Carrie Underwood on that song leave the Light On? Ye?
Speaker 3: Like, that's insane?
Speaker 1: Did you ever see the Adam Gantier He Adam also sang on it.
Speaker 3: There's a version of that floating around out there.
Speaker 1: But if you thought that you had something that you always wanted to ask Jacoby if it's If it's great, how could I deny you if it's a great question that I didn't come up with it, I didn't think of. You'll get full credit for it. If you want to email me, just put Jacoby or put Papa Roach. Put Papa Roach in the in the subject line, and if you had something that you wanted to ask him, I'm certainly more than willing to to, you know, take the assist to get the assist on that. So you can email me Rod at the buzz dot com. I'll talk to him at eleven. That's obviously going to be we're gonna record it. I didn't want to make him get up early, even though he is an early guy. The thing about recording now, I'd rather talk. We have such a short window to talk here. I gotta get commercials. I got to get these songs out of radio wizards yelling at me to stay on time if I record it and go as long as I want, and then just try to get to the good stuff, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you don't always get asked every question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Jacoby comes on in the morning, what do I have nine minutes tops? Yeah, not even and if Kobby's not one of those guys, it's got his like pr person Like we've done interviews before where you do zoom, like hey, Roger, you have five more minutes. And if they're trying to do like a press tour or something like that, like Jacobe'll just let you go yep, and he'll talk and he's real engaging. He's very intelligent, he's so well spoken, and he's funny.
Speaker 3: So I want to give him all the time.
Speaker 1: So that's why I chose to do a recording with him, and then I'll let you guys see it.
Speaker 3: So recording it and we'll get the audio, we'll get.
Speaker 1: All that stuff. So all right, well now you know that's happening later today, and if you want to become a part of that, I'm giving you that opportunity. Okay, let me take a short break when we come back. Oh yeah, oh are we doing the Torture ten. I'm getting ready that bad boy up. Oh boy, we got spicy salsa.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, the Torture ten.
Speaker 1: Ten of you. Nine of you will be tortured. One of you will be rewarded with offspring handsomely Jimmy Eat World Newfound Glory, tickets. What a lineup? Those tickets not on sale until this Friday. You know how the torture ten works. I'll have you guys call in after the break though.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it now. Don't bug Chilli just yet.
Speaker 1: All right. He's still trying to get up all the other links and guests, and he's going through all the people that have signed up to come down tomorrow and play read my lips. He hasn't made a decision yet, but he is scanning through everybody that has applied. It's not too late for you to sign up on Links and guests if you want to be the player tomorrow.
Speaker 3: To take Chili on. All right, So I'll get you guys calling in after the break, all right, stay with us please.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody for this wild card Wednesday. You can find that on Links and Guests. Sunny's Guys today, No rain, highs up around sixty eight at seven twenty one.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you are where you're supposed to be at this time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 3: Alex, what do you see out there that's trending right now?
Speaker 1: Did you know that President Trump gave a speech yesterday, so I heard that he was on TV last night and I heard it was wild. Yeah, I saw the highlights this morning, or the low lights or however you want to look at it. But it was eventful. It looked like I was watching hockey and basketball instead of that. And season three finale of Dexter, no big deal, but El Green is the biggest story. He just was kind of very back. He's got a cane up and he was just I don't know what he was yelling about, but saying, you can't cut medicaid right, which is what he said Trump was doing.
Speaker 3: And the Texas guy though, and he got removed.
Speaker 1: But what I learned is that you don't get the cops to take you out if you do that in Congress, you get the sergeant at arms, which sounds way cooler than having to be removed by police. Oh yeah, it's a pretty I would love to be removed from somewhere by the sergeant at arms.
Speaker 3: It's a very formal setting, yeah, that they're in.
Speaker 1: So that happened. People are talking about that. Everybody's spinning it whichever way they want to spend it. But wildcard Wednesday let's talk about some positive wildcard Wednesday is trending. My good buddy, Josh Tree, My Jerome submitted Jessica Gotti and well done buddy. Just round of applause in the studio for Josh Tree. Where to get a job? Thank you.
Speaker 4: Davante Adams is trending. The Jets released their Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams, and now people are talking about where he could go next to. My prediction is that wherever Aaron Rodgers goes, he will hold that team hostage until.
Speaker 1: They bring Davante Adams over like he did the Jets. So I think that's where Rogers goes, Davante will follow unless he goes to the forty nine. Ors is trending on ninety five the bus. We have some thickeures to give away, and I thought that it would be fun. People know I love this game. Oh yeah, I thought it'd be kind of cool to do the torture ten. But I need you. I need your assist on this, oh yeah, to kind of like get the different drops and the funny things that happen.
Speaker 3: Are we ready?
Speaker 1: Can you? We can do it right now? Well no, no, I'm gonna have people call in now. Yeah, what people call in pretty say? Okay, well we've got so I'm gonna be going to the phone lines in about four minutes. I know you guys are gonna call the whole time that Nirvana's playing. I'm gonna tell you I'm gonna clear the lines.
Speaker 3: Out right before I take the calls.
Speaker 1: So I guess if you wanted to call now, you're gonna get hung up on ye. I'm gonna do the torture ten in about four minutes and thirteen seconds, So time out your call out, set your watches, and keep the phone number handy seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Here we go ninety four or five of the buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Thank you so much for having us on. It's seven twenty eight. Chili's still looking for what he claims will be a victim tomorrow. His victim is he's playing Read My Lips, and he's inviting one of you to come down and play against him Read my Lips tomorrow at around eight twenty an easy here, a little early, but he's got all those details on LinkedIn. Guests this morning, he thought you'd always like to play the game. Read my lips. How's the time we're giving you that opportunity? And the listeners have been pretty successful. Everyone's fallen to a listener. You yeah, last year's chance of us. There's two of us'll get ten. Every one of you has lost to a listener, some more than once. We have sunny skies today, no rain highs them around sixty eight. Let's get to it. I want to cut people off. I know you love this Offspring line on I know you love this Supercharged Worldwide in twenty twenty five tour, Offspring's taking great bands out on the one out on the road with them when they come around to Houston on August twenty third, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Gloria are going to be the support at the Woodlands Pavilion. Ticket squad sale is Friday at ten am at ticketmaster dot com. What I'm going to do because I'm going to take the ten calls, I'm also going to zero out the lines, which means I'm hanging up on everybody, hanging up on every line, drop drop sorry, just dropping everybody, sorry, just hanging up on everybody. What is what the feedback lately? Because your glasses are like breaking the seal on my phones.
Speaker 3: I guess I get Yeah, that might be it, dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm bypassing the Chile right, and this is his favorite game. I'm going to take all the calls. Nine people will be disappointed. One of you will be very very happy, like what's about to happen? Here? Making sure I'm set up? I think I am. I'm gonna go over to the phone. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Hello, Well hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Manny?
Speaker 3: What went into timing out this call?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 3: Sounds like you really know what you were doing.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, I started this bit about five six minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Have you been calling ever since? Or is this the first time you got through?
Speaker 1: No, I've been calling ever since. I have you?
Speaker 3: Okay, this guy knows how to work the phones.
Speaker 11: Let me tell you, Hey, Manny, this yas Ah. You're calling number one?
Speaker 1: Call her number one, number one, Manny. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Hello, Hello, oh here, I here's somebody there. Good morning.
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 1: I named all right, Fernando.
Speaker 3: You're calling about these tickets?
Speaker 1: Huh? I don't think we can take this call. When count this as a call, I can't hear you let's go to another one. Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh there you are?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Billy? Well, Billy, it's not gonna get much better. Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: You're Fabby?
Speaker 1: I never even heard that one. Billy your color too? Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Hi? My name is Fobby, Fobby, Fobby, Fobby, Fobby, Fobby. You hear me talking hill billy boy. I'm gonna take medieval on your ass. Oh, Fobby your color? Three? Five? I'm sorry, okay, Fobby's not a hill billy boy. Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hello. Who's this? What's your name?
Speaker 9: Jason?
Speaker 1: Hi? Jason? Well, this is the worst. Oh, I'm sorry, Jason. It's just not going to work out for you this morning. I'm gonna have to kind of move on a little bit here. One, two, three four?
Speaker 3: This would be Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Marty Orriy. Hey, I'm doing great. Hi. What's your name.
Speaker 4: Missy?
Speaker 1: Hi? Misty, welcome to the show today. Uh you are what? No way call her number? Five? Oh? Bye bye, Misty. Good morning rod Ryan Show. Ooh hello, oh hello rod Ryan Show. Hey, brother rod hither you are? Hi? What's your name? Hey, this is Barry. Welcome to the show. Bro. Thanks. I'm looking for caller number ten right now. Then I'm calling number four, not you.
Speaker 3: It's pretty grandiose for six.
Speaker 1: Sorry, dude.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Morning. Hi. Who's this?
Speaker 3: Mi kle You get nothing, you lose?
Speaker 1: Good day, sir, Oh, I'm bad, number seven, you are done? Good morning, rod Ryan's show is Michael. Hey man, how are you good? How are you great? Just trying to get caller number ten here, that's it. I'm just like try to make it easy, trying to make it easy on you guys. Okay, one, two, three, four, six was funny. Seven? Oh boy, oh god, oh boy, oh man, no god.
Speaker 7: Please no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Almost almost. Dude, you made it to number eight.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't thank the guy that did that to me.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen like that. You guys are so nice. Hi, good morning, morn Hi.
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Mike? All right, Mike, let's do this. Come on. Mike wants to be caller number ten. Alex Come on, please Alex, please please Alex. Oh he might be he might be. Please, thank you. Maybe off the call? I got?
Speaker 3: Why are you doing this to people?
Speaker 1: This is fun. Rod, Why do you.
Speaker 3: Why do you do the things that you do?
Speaker 1: I don't know something Hall ten just picking it up. That's not as fun. Good morning Rod, Ryan's Show. Good morning?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is Christine Christine. I know you guys think I like this game and the answer, and you are right. I do enjoy it, Okay, I really really do enjoy this. When it gets to the top, though, it gets it gets tough. It gets tough because people get so close to winning those tickets. And you've been calling and I can only imagine, I can only imagine how long you've been on the phone lines just trying to get through, and then you finally made it through.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking and.
Speaker 1: You're talking to just cut her off.
Speaker 3: You're being let on.
Speaker 1: That maybe you're the right caller, and she's like, I've heard Rod do this before. It absolutely pains me to tell you.
Speaker 3: That the game is over your caller.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, you are the word.
Speaker 2: Oh the torture ten. You got the tickets, you made it through, you made it through everybody. It's Christine right, Yes, I hate when this game is over with.
Speaker 1: I know I can see torture twenty torture fifty, torture ninety four, Let's do it with a lot, wrap it up. Please wait an ninety four is a bad idea, see me in the meeting. Listen first, Christine Offspring The Supercharge Worldwide in twenty five tour with Jimmy Eat World and newfoun Glory. You are in the show before all the tickets even go on sale.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I mean you got to say, great job. Whatever you did with the calls and how however you timed it, it worked out perfect. Nine people were absolutely crushed, but not you this morning. Congratulations, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: You're listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, the buzz that's bad. Omens just pretend Torture ten before that torture nine really one person. I guess she was a little tortured until she found out she was the winner. We will continue tomorrow and Friday giving away tickets to go see The Offspring, Jimmy Eat World, Newfound Glory August twenty third. Woodlands Pavilion tickets go on sale Friday at ten eight a m. Now we're just getting started. I mean that that game just gives me wound up. That's all it does. I got sold out Deathtones tickets for you at eight twenty. We're gonna get you on the floor for that show March sixteenth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: That's the one that Chilli said he'll get off.
Speaker 1: The couch for.
Speaker 3: He loves him some Deathtones.
Speaker 1: And then I've got more winning before they go on sale tickets, I gotta bring me the horizon that show announced, and that show's going down at the Toyota Center in September twenty sixth. Again, tickets Friday at ten am. Just hand over your wallet to ticket Monster Friday morning. But we'll get you into all these shows though. Man, all you gotta do is just keep it locked right here.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Roy Morning Show from six to ten am.
Speaker 5: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Come on all right, ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's Panic at the Disco.
Speaker 1: It's wild Card Wednesday, Kids, Smack Dab at the middle of the week, big hour ahead of us. As we come up on the halfway point of the program, death Tones on the floor. Oh yeah, that show is sold out. You want to get into the Death toones. You're gonna have to go through us. Okay, we're not letting everybody in. Okay, we're not letting everyone in.
Speaker 3: We'll let one of you in. You and a guest to the sold out show Mark.
Speaker 1: Sixteenth coming up soon at the Toyota Center. T when you want to be around for that. Seven fifty two. No rain today and tonight sunny skies, highs of around sixty eight. Pretty beautiful day, Chili said. The number one question he's getting asked about people that are asking if they, you know, they want to sign up to come down to play read my lips tomorrow. It says right here, I'm looking at links and guests, you must be available to come to the station by seven forty five Thursday morning. Seven forty five is your arrival time, So that Central time, Central time. Yeah, we are not operating any of our games here.
Speaker 3: On Mountain time, which is my favorite time personally.
Speaker 1: That's the coolest thing. All games and appointments on this show, and ticket appointments and everything is Central time. Ceteam, Like, right now is time for Houston's headlines. What do you got? Welcome morning, everyone.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump addressed a joint session of Congress last night, and a lot happened. After saying that he would not tell her any disruptions, House Speaker Mike john And banged his gabble and called for decorum, which is a really cool word. He then had the Sergeant at arms removed Texas Democratic Representative Al Green from the chamber after he repeatedly interrupted Trump saying, quote, you have no mandate to cut medicaid while waving his cane in the air. Trump listed his accomplishments during the speech and spent a lot of time talking about the quote renewal.
Speaker 1: Of the American Dream. The president also addressed inflation, saying that he'll deal with it later after imposing tariffs against China, Mexico, and Canada.
Speaker 4: He also blamed former President Biden for the rising egg crisis. The IRS is planning on slashing its workforce. This initiative is a part of the Trump administration's effort to shrink the federal work first led by Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency. The cutbacks have already started, with approximately seven thousand probationary IRS employees already laid off. Additionally, the administration plans to reassign IRS employees to the Department of Homeland Security to assist with immigration enforcement. The south By Southwest Festival kicks off Friday in Austin to celebrate of tech, film, television, and music. It'll run through March fifteenth, and it's gonna feature multiple conferences, movie and show screenings, musical performances, and comedy and much much more. Prices start at one hundred and fifty dollars for wristbands and go all the way up to twenty three hundred dollars for an all access badge.
Speaker 1: They got away from me. I never went. I never went, but I know a lot of people that did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why do I know people that have gone?
Speaker 1: But I never went. I don't know how that got away from me. I always thought, okay, when I get take off work, so like what it was during the week. I used to do a podcast with the guy with a guy that was like a movie reviewer, and he would always go to south By watch all the movies like they aren't finished yet, so like they're not final cuts of them. Yeah, but then you get to like premiere them and it's Ryan Reynolds's girlfriend wife, Yeah, her Blake Lively, Blake Lively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's gonna have a movie that's that's premiering. There be watching that, and I'm sure that'll go great. She's gonna get good feedback on that, I bet.
Speaker 1: Or when Grumpy Cat was there a couple of years ago. I do remember that, and it was a line like down the street they said around the building. What they said the line for Grumpy Cat was probably bigger than the line to meet Blake Lively. Yeah, I mean the idea is really cool where it's just like, hey, what if we got all the comedy people and movie people in one area and they just spend a week kind of looking at all the new stuff and see what's good and what's not. And I'm sure some stuff gets pushed through it's not as good. But then it's a great gig for a band because you don't know who's gonna roll in there and yeah, see you play.
Speaker 4: You'll just have like people playing at like a random bar, a random restaurant. You're at a torchy Tacos and you're like, oh, hey, did you guys know that panic at the disco was here?
Speaker 1: Why we're partying? Alright? P grumpy Cat, Yeah, all right, pea grumpy Cat. May he rest in Peace three dead characters are a turning for the next Scream movie.
Speaker 3: So impossible.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a movie, is it a meta? Is it a universe of Scream that we're in now? Maybe we're in like where it's like Spider Man, there's five thousand of them. It's like nine jokers running around. Yeah. So David Arqatt's gonna return for Scream seven, even though he was killed in Scream five. He'll join Matthew Lillard and Scott Foley, who are also coming back despite their characters being dead. Now, Like it is possible where in Stranger Things, remember Eddie Months and like Eddi Munson's gonna come back this season And it could just be in flashbacks, so you could just see flashbacks of these characters, but the way that they're hyping it up makes it seem like it's gonna be more than that. Like you don't just hype it up to show a flashback of somebody, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they do these things.
Speaker 1: I just I feel like you, as an audience of these movies are so forgiving to the storylines, and it's a horror movie franchise, Like how many times is Michael Myers gonna get away. Yeah, all the times they have one hundred and seven halloweens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's the Scream universe. I feel like Jason Vorhies would have been stopped by now.
Speaker 1: I don't know. The Empire keeps coming back when you have Star Wars, so it's like the pinhead guy might jump into this one. Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you keep watching it, they're gonna keep putting these out there. And I know that the screen fans are excited about this because it's in the news almost every day. But yeah, so those those two characters, David Arquette, Matthew Lillard and Scott Fully all coming back for Scream seven and some other news. Tragedy struck an eighties themed cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship over the weekend. The fiance a Faster Pussycat singer Tame Me Down, fell overboard to her death after an argument between the two of them. Her name was Kimberly Birch, and it's not clear if she fell or jumped. Her mother has said that she doesn't think that her daughter would commit suicide. She also wasn't suffering from depression or any emotional issues. Kimberly went overboard off the coast of the Bahamas, and her body is not yet being found.
Speaker 3: There's got to be cameras everywhere on a ship.
Speaker 1: But the ship's going so fat. Yeah, I agree, So you would see like if she fell off or was pushed, do they know just when she goes off? You can't see anything if it was at night, No, I know him.
Speaker 3: I understand that part.
Speaker 1: But there's wouldn't you think there would be a camera on at some angle on just about every railing on a ship at this point. I don't imagine. I don't. I don't know these things. So if you're wondering, like, how are you guys talking about this? This band was kind of big in the late eighties.
Speaker 3: Fast on a cruise that's pretty big. Master pussy Cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're on like some kind of a retro kind of cruise where like, you know, they get these old kind of Hansbens. Sorry, but yeah, this is the lead singer right here. It's his current girlfriend. And now they're saying that they were arguing that night. They were scene fighting this story. We're not done with this story, right, We're not done with this story at all. I'm not saying that he did something. It's just I feel like they're gonna get to the bottom of this one. Yeah, I would imagine they have too. He's gonna have a lot of questioning to answer big time. We'll keep you guys posted if we find out anything. All right, Those are Euston's headlines. Sad story, Yeah, very sad. Okay, now you're doing sports, also a sad story. Rockets lost the Patients last night one fifteen to one oh two.
Speaker 4: They're now thirty seven and twenty five on the season. I'll have a day off before playing the Pelicans tomorrow night in New Orleans. Down at spring Training, the Astros are gonna play the Cardinals this afternoon in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: First pitch is at twelve five. And that what's going on in sports.
Speaker 10: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five the Bus Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That part of the show. People hope you're off to a great start to your depth. TATO four. We got sunny s guys, today, we got no rain. I'm gonna dial up a high of sixty eight for you guys. But that'd be nice for you to get outside and get a little fresh air. You a lot. Noiser is one degree. I know what you're looking for. That's why I stopped at sixty eight. Stopped right there. We have anything nice Deptones tickets this hour. Their show is sold out. We're gonna get you down on the floor after the break. After the break, I'll get your calling in for those tickets. Maybe I'll take torture ten. No, I'm not gonna do that again. Be sure. I have people telling me Rod you should do that every time you give away tickets. I'm like, oh, I don't hate it.
Speaker 3: I know you don't.
Speaker 1: This is perfect. I've got a few comments, for real. This isn't just me trying to work this into a conversation. I've got a few comments about my shirt today. Generation X en lists the dates. Those are like the most like nineteen sixty five to nineteen eighty, those are the most widely accepted. Like, that's the most widely accepted window for Generation X.
Speaker 3: Can you read the.
Speaker 1: Bottom raised on hose water and neglect? I like that so I will know this movie. Do you know if I say the movie, Say Anything. Does that movie just entitle alone mean anything to you? I know the name say Anything, I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: What if I said.
Speaker 1: John Cusack holding a boombox over his head, would you know that? I know that?
Speaker 3: Would you know that old reference? It's an old eighties movie.
Speaker 1: Generation X.
Speaker 3: Huh, Yeah, that was definitely. It's a big Generation X movie.
Speaker 1: It was more of a D generation accent. So in the movie say Anything, I know, I'm talking about an old movie right now, But if you don't know the cultural reference, then you.
Speaker 3: Need to get your head out of your ass.
Speaker 1: Because John Cusack in his trench coat goes to the girl's house that he likes Parks is awful old mobile, cutlass or whatever he's driving at the time, right, And he gets out and he puts the boombox over his head and he plays this song to let the girl know you're my girl, And it was just like the It's one of the iconic moments you know of the eighties. Okay, the chick that he's playing this song for, I don't know if I'm saying her name right, Iona ion Sky, that's the actress's name. She just put out a book. The book is called say everything. She's known for being in the movie say Anything, everything, And she is saying everything in this book. She's dishing and there's actually a JBL speaker, not a real boombo haha. I imagine that all of these eighties actors and actresses probably have great stories, and if you grew up of that era, you would know all the players she I don't know her from anything else that she's done. Okay, but in her book Say Everything, she talks about having sex with Matthew Perry. Okay, yeah, they met on a nineteen eighty eight movie set. She really wanted River Phoenix, but he was already taken, so she set up for Joey, So she settled for Yeah, So she set up for Matthew Perry, and he said that they just kind of hooked up for a sober drink. They shared a sparkling water and a cigarette, and then they hopped into bed with one another. The other thing that's interesting about I own Sky, which I didn't know, because there seems to be a lot of sex in this book. This is on the look This is on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 3: She was married to Adam Horovitz. You know who that is.
Speaker 1: It's ad Rock from Beastie Boys. She was married to a rock from the Beastie Boys. He caught her cheating with a woman and they got divorced.
Speaker 3: That's in the book. This sounds pretty juicy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then she did say that she did get it on with John Cusack when they were filming. Say anything, how could you not so?
Speaker 3: I mean the boombox scene, I mean, come.
Speaker 1: On with the with the Pete Gabriel playing in the background, even if it's just acting. I mean, you gotta feel something. This sounds I was talking about like trying to read one book a month. Yeah, and my.
Speaker 3: Ordering say everything right now at ms dot com.
Speaker 1: It sounds like all right if if you're interested in reading a little bit more about this.
Speaker 3: Uh, I have this on the Looking at Girl's blog page.
Speaker 1: Juicy juicy.
Speaker 3: Did she hook up with Matthew Perry while he was on friends.
Speaker 1: Or pre friends? Apparently, because I think he went through the rehab after while he was on friends, right, I'm glad you asked. So they met in nineteen eighty eight, didn't hook up, she says twenty years later, about two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: Okay, this would have been after friends.
Speaker 1: He called her out of the blue, invited her to his place and that's where they had the sober drink because he was trying to be so he was trying to get sober. And then they did it again a week later. Who yeah, follow up And then she suggested they make it a weekly thing, and he looked at her quizzically, and she never saw him again. So they did it twice, and they kept in touch through text messages, and Matthew hit her up about a week before he passed away. He said, Hi, I hope all is well. I was meditating. I meditate now in your eyes started playing and I instantly thought of you. So he sent her a text and she never got back to him. She wishes she did. I'm sure he meant to send meditator.
Speaker 3: Do we need to read the book or do you just need me to test?
Speaker 1: Can you do it and just say you give a little story time, one segment a day. We can explain it to us. Yeah, all right, that's something you're looking at girls blog page. I thought that was pretty juicy stuff.
Speaker 3: All you gotta take a break. Let me come back at a rerec check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what's trending this morning, and then we'll get you those sold out deaf Tones tickets Rock and Alternative use The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 8: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz twenty.
Speaker 1: Four five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. I'll have some sold out deaft Tones tickets coming your way. I got eight nineteen right now. I got sunny skies, no rain, highs of around sixty eight. I'll start, okay with what's trending. All right, it's official. Mark Wahlberg has posted on Instagram him and his ashes.
Speaker 3: That's how I know it's ASH Wednesday. I follow up Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 1: Can we see what Mark has to say. Let's see what he's got here. God bless you stay prayed up. I have a wonderful let. Happy ass Wednesda, everybody. God bless you stay prayed up. I have a wonderful let. There he is. So that's that's my ASH Wednesday guy, Mark Wahlberg. And there's there's some drive through ASH places too. There's two of them in town. If you don't have the time to go and do the ashes properly, they'll get you right in the car. Yeah, there's two spots here in Houston.
Speaker 3: I guess I actually will be outside of the station, and.
Speaker 1: I will also ask you if you want me to really okay, cigarettes, gotcha your cigarette ashes. I don't think kind of the same thing, the same thing. My god, it's a pretty cool dude, all right, not the same thing? Cool with what else?
Speaker 3: What else is trending Wednesday?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to not make it Trump. Algreen continues to trend's number one on everything you look at or Trump's speech, which then leads you to al Green. He was removed from the chambers yesterdayre doing Trump's speech to a joint session of Congress or whatever the words are, because he kept talking about Trump has no right to cut medicaid. He had a cool cane and yeah, that that happened last night.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna make sure that DJ Daniel gets mentioned then.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, because that came from last night President Trump. Trump called for this thirteen year old cancer survivor from Houston, Texas. DJ Daniel, diagnosed with brain cancer in twenty eighteen. Uh, he had a dream to become a law enforcement officer, and he's gotten some cool things that have happened to him. But the President invited him last night. And President Trump said quote I am asking our new Secret Service Director Sean Current to officially make you an agent of the United States. So DJ's dad lifted him up and he had the security clearance. Yeah, it looked really cool and he's wearing the outfit and it was just a cool thing that happened last night. And I don't know, I mean, I know that people are going to find a problem with it being mentioned, but you mean you're mentioning these things that happened last night, They're just things that happened.
Speaker 3: This is a great thing.
Speaker 1: And the kids wearing a Houston astros pin on his uniform, so it's a great Houston moment. I'm sorry, it just is I'm not politically Yeah, I'm not apologizing for it.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm not sorry.
Speaker 1: This is on our Instagram today and I think it's just a cool story to push.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, what else wildcud Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Also trending? Oh yeah, Josh Tree submitted to us Jessica Gotti Goo check her out at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage The Buzz. That kind of what's trending on ninety four to five of the Buzz. All right, here we go, it's a sold out show. Oh boy. We have a sold out rock and roll situation happening March sixteenth at the Toyota Center Deftones and the Mars Volta.
Speaker 3: You want to win your way in, you gotta go through us.
Speaker 1: If you want floor tickets, I'll take caller number ten seven one three, two, one two five nine four five man dial carefully. We don't need your attitude. We have one of our runs, The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four busy four five, The Buzz Mad Wolves with Zombie rod Ryan Show on a Wild Car Wednesday, eight twenty seven, no rain, sunny skies. I have sixty eight phones are ringing, phones are smoking right now.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Hello, Hello, hello, Hello, Who is this?
Speaker 1: My name is David. This is monnight my year. That's one of my funniest one. That's one of the funniest ones on Torture ten.
Speaker 3: I love that drops so much.
Speaker 1: I'm not using any drops on you, David, because you're calling number ten. All right, Oh wait, well whoa whoa how? Then drop it in there. It's Wednesday. You're caller number ten. That's the bell ringing for you, David. I'm gonna give you these sold out tickets to on the floor to the Deaftnes Mars Volta show coming up on March sixteenth. You're in fantastic, fantastic. I'm so excited. I missed the Mars Volta last time they came through town and I was I was so bummed.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm glad you're mentioning them.
Speaker 1: Like the whole time we've been talking about the Deaftones and not one of you guys has mentioned the Mars Volta, So it's a big I love Deftones too, but Mars Volta is why I am. I'm going wow. I mean, yes, that's big. That's big.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, David, listen man, have a have an awesome day.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Hang on for me. There's David, I mean, another happy customer here on the Rod Ryan Show. Yeah, makes you feel better about pissing off those nine people last hour. It was fine. A couple of people said, thank you. Have to be hung up on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ash Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I mentioned that already. On a lighter note. It's National cheese Doodle Day. I had to look up what the hell a cheese doodle was. Of course, I've heard of a cheese doodle. It's just a cheese puff, yeah, which is a chip. And a lot of people say it's not a chip, but it is a chip. Well, I can't figure you out because you get you. You have a buggaboo about what's a board game? Yeah, it's not a chip, like it is a chip.
Speaker 3: Is Jenga a board game?
Speaker 1: There's no board.
Speaker 3: There's no chip in a doodle.
Speaker 1: There, there is the chip.
Speaker 3: You keep Jenga with your board games?
Speaker 1: Yeah, with your activity. It's with the chests and the checkers and the monopoly. It's the jengas. The Jenga's right there, the Twister, it's right there. It's a board game, all right. It's national cheese dood all day. I really, I did have to go look it up. I'm like, what specifically is a cheese doodle. It's a cheese cheese puff, which is a chip. Cheetos are just far superior than a cheese puff. It's why anybody I disagree. Oh friend, off, get you puffs better than the cheetos.
Speaker 3: You think a cheese puff?
Speaker 1: Are you just trying to stir the pot here? When I buy you think a cheese puff?
Speaker 3: Chips, I get the I get the puffs. You get the puffs, the HB brand puffs?
Speaker 1: Are you yeah? Hitting me right now? I may need to do a pole question.
Speaker 3: Puffs are better than chess.
Speaker 1: Emergency pole question going up right flipping? Now? Do you think in any world that you live in that a cheese puff would do better than a pole question over a cheeto? All depends on if our listeners are saying, oh my god, you gotta be kidding me right now, say a lot about them. Okay, I didn't think I was going to have to do a pole question today, but it looks like I'm being forced to do a pole question.
Speaker 3: All right, I will work on that immediately.
Speaker 1: Also on the well, speaking of food and the food blog page today, nobody looks at it with the soaring egg prices. Have you seen the story you are chicken rentals? Yeah, people are renting chickens. Maybe not commondearings. Chicken rentals, they say, really are becoming a thing. There's a service out there that provides hens feed all the support you need and just rent it. You rent the chicken from them, You rent the hen, and the customers then collect the fresh eggs at home. Now buy the damn chicken.
Speaker 3: Here's where I can't rent.
Speaker 1: Here's where I think back in the day, they would call this fuzzy math for about six So I don't you have a calculator right there like you get your phone up?
Speaker 3: Okay, so see if we can do this math?
Speaker 1: All right? Six hundred dollars for a six month rental, So six hundred divided by six, it's one hundred.
Speaker 3: How much is that? That's that's one hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 1: You can get about a dozen eggs per week, so four dozen a month, So it's six hundred forty eight forty eight what times twelve if you're doing it for a year.
Speaker 3: Sure, no, just we're just doing six.
Speaker 1: Months forty eight times six six is two hundred eighty eight eggs.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and eighty eight eggs.
Speaker 1: I have one hundred still somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Never ever do math on the radio.
Speaker 1: For six hundred dollars for a six month rental, customers can expect around a dozen eggs per week from two hens. What's the price eggs right now? For a dozen?
Speaker 3: I just bought a dozen eggs for five bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay. We can give you a minute, okay, but I don't want you to hurt yourself. There's just something about being on live radio that two plus two is impossible to do. I feel like, yeah, I don't know. Seems like you're doing a lot more work, a lot more labor to save a little bit of a little bit of dollars. All right, Well it's on the food blog page, and if anybody can do the math for us, please let me know. Does it is it? Does it work? Does it? I mean, is it?
Speaker 3: Does it cost efficient?
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four, I just thought you walk in laughing? Did you do the math on it? I did? Hill, you kind of did? Okay for me? Lincoln Park Lost, Good morning, rod Ryan Shoe. I think I don't think there is.
Speaker 3: A disc jockey alive.
Speaker 1: I defy any radio person. I don't care who it is to do math on the radio. It is impossible. Something about having the headphones on in front of a microphone. It's the pressure if you ask, if you ask me what ten minus four is six, I don't know. I'm not confident. All right, this is how easy this was? Okay, okay, high good morning everybody. We were trying to figure out the equation as we were going, which kind of made it more complicated, even though it really wasn't. I was really put off by the cheesy puffs thing too before that you were put off by that, So we were both put off. I don't want another, so we were already kind of ad I from what you were crunching numbers, I didn't even get my poll question up. Good morning everyone, hot question I was talking about on the food blog page today. With these egg prices being in the news every single day, chicken rentals are because I mean a thing, and there's a service out there that provides hens, feed and all the support you need to keep these on your property. So you, as the customer now can collect your fresh eggs at home. So it's six hundred dollars for a six month rental. So just put the six hundred on the side. That's your nut. You gotta cover six hundred your nut. It's your nut. Okay, step brothers, you to cover your nut, to cover your nut. So you get about a dozen eggs.
Speaker 3: Per week for two hens.
Speaker 1: That's a twenty five dollars dozen of eggs. That's one hundred dollars a month for six months, six months, six hundred dollars if you're paying. If I'm paying five dollars, it's one hundred and twenty dollars. I'm spending on eggs for six months. I'm upside down four hundred and eighty dollars. Yeah, but you get to feed the chickens and do all of the work. That's what you're not I think of the experience you get. Rod. I am not endorsing chicken rentals. If that is the price, Okay, you're not covering your nut. Yeah, But so here's what you do to offset that cost. You get roosters. It comes here, you fight them, and then if they win, then you made that money back, so that goes towards your overall nut.
Speaker 4: So then you can cover your nut. You get two fighting roosters with your chickens, so then they're happy. Then you maybe have some more baby chickens that then turn into egglad chickens. Then it's just a it's a slippery slope, but you could you could definitely make your nut right there.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, do I get to eat the chickens. At the end of the six months you are renting these chickens, you have to return them. That's why you get the rooster, and then you breathe them It's like a car rental. You return the car when your lease is up. You're leasing these these hens just like bee, like a fox, and just steal someone else's chickens. Just do that, all right. I'm sorry that I put you through that. I still need to work on my poll question. I'm not sorry.
Speaker 3: I think we all learned a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think we put this show back years.
Speaker 1: I think we just I think we.
Speaker 3: Just set the show back about minutes, maybe about fifteen.
Speaker 1: Years, I really do. I think I just wiped out with Revolutionizing Radio. I may have wiped out the entire twenty one years on this Uh in the city, in that last bit.
Speaker 8: Rocky and all tearing into very soon The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five, the bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show on Spring Why.
Speaker 3: Don't you get a job?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's uh Chili doing? He's trying to watch that illegal streams I probably may might have taken Martin off of this streaming service. He's trying to watch it. Here. You know, we're back, Chili. You okay, see Sean Salisbury.
Speaker 3: I see Sean Salisbury.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chili, I don't know where the computer like the streaming stuff just switched.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at put Sean on the fourth one.
Speaker 1: I'm Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's such a great guy, Sean Salisbury. It was nice that you invited him onto the video feed. Just trying to improve the show, bro, That's all I'm trying to do. I love Sean. I love Sean. If he wants to take up one of our cameras, I'm cool with that. Yeah, Sean's a rocker.
Speaker 3: Just launched a new podcast this week.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I saw that. But Sean is a rockery. He's a total rocker.
Speaker 3: He would fit in well over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of know where. That's the stopped streaming.
Speaker 6: It just stops streaming, stopped and then shut off, so I had to start.
Speaker 1: It didn't work. That's handy, what that's yeah, that's always work.
Speaker 6: So if you were watching the live stream on YouTube and Facebook page, sorry we had to restarted.
Speaker 1: Chili Cheetos or cheese Puffs? Oh they're both.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: They're both delicious snacks. Which one's better.
Speaker 8: For me?
Speaker 1: It just depends on the mood. But Mike to go is Cheetos.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Flaming Hot Cheetos.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight for some of our audience. Cheetos forese puffs. Emergency poll question is up right now. Emergency pole question on the going to fight at rod Ryan Show. I thought it was gonna come to fights. I was ready to go. But enough time to fight. We'll settle it on the X where all arguments are settled. It's really the best way to settles.
Speaker 3: Just put it up on the internet.
Speaker 1: Let that.
Speaker 3: Let the internet decide what's the right way to do things.
Speaker 1: Me bro, all right at rod Ryan Shows where you're gonna find us doing that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go one final time. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Welcome morning everyone.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump addressed a joint session of Congress last night, and a lot went down. After saying that he would not tolerate any disruptions, House Speaker Mike Johnson banged the gabble and called for decorum, and then had the sergeant at arms removed Texas Democratic Representative Al Greens from the chamber after he repeatedly interrupted Trump saying quote, you have no man to kept medicaid while waving his really cool gold.
Speaker 1: Cane in the air.
Speaker 4: Trump listed his accomplishments during the speech and spent a lot of time talking about the quote renewal of the American Dream. The president also addressed inflation, saying that he'll deal with it later. After imposing tariffs against China, Mexico, and Canada.
Speaker 1: He also blamed former.
Speaker 4: President Biden for rising egg prices and people having to rent chickens.
Speaker 1: Not that last part. I already talked about how President Trump recognized Houston thirteen year old DJ Daniel, who is now an agent. He's a Secret Service Agent of the United States.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I put it on our Instagram only because we talked about it on this show. Trump did mention and I didn't watch. I'm just looking at the highlights here. He said his five million dollar gold card will be ready soon and he doesn't printing him and he doesn't need congressional action to make it happen. That's where you can bypass everything. If you've got five million dollars and you want to come here, he'll get.
Speaker 3: You like a green card.
Speaker 1: It's the gold card where they were like trying to make citizen shit harder to get, and they were like, but you could also just buy it. If you're super rich and you want to do business here, you can buy a gold card. He said he's going to do it. Okay, so that was mentioned yesterday too. Go ahead before people get upset. Yeah, I knows. Bro.
Speaker 4: A measles outbreak in Texas continues to grow, with one hundred and fifty nine confirmed cases reported since late January. The outbreak is primarily centered in the South Plains region, most notably in Gaines County, which has one of the state's highest rates of vaccine vaccination exemptions. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is dispatched disease experts to Texas to assist in controlling the outbreak. Health officials are urging residents to ensure that they are vaccinated with measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines. In some lighter news, Big Bear Lakes famous bald eagles Jackie and Shadow are parents again. One of the three eggs in their nest hatched and the other two could soon be hatching as well. The growing eagle family lives in a tree one hundred and forty five feet above the forest Big Bear Lake in California.
Speaker 1: Bro the Sun's out, Suns out, suns out, Yeah, suns out, Mom's out. I've been watching this all morning long. Good.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 1: The camera placement is beautiful for this mama. And she's sitting on the eggs. I don't see the babies right now checking out the camera, Like do they look back? Like, what's up? You see what we got? I don't see dad. It's just Mom's just chilling. Mom's chilling. Dad's out partying. Mom's at home tending to the babies. It is a beautiful camera shop. You're seeing the river. Yeah, the place is spotless. You can see the river behind her and everything. The camera placement is just unbelievable on this. I mean, dad's not working, that's how they get such a great view. You think they got that tree for for nothing? Get away this economy, get away from the politics, and go watch these bald eagles in the wild.
Speaker 3: And I'm telling you it'll put you in a mood. It'll put you in a great mood.
Speaker 12: Libertarian eagles stop. Okay, they're just they're just American bald eagles. Yeah, in the wild. She's looking right at the camera right now. We're talking about talking about her mama. Okay, ride looking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Chile has the live camera link on links and guests. He's holding a sign saying vote vote puffs. No, wow, No, she's she likes cheetos. No, I saw the sign, dude, I saw a side. It's the first time that one of their eggs hatched since twenty twenty two. And yeah, like Ride's talking about right now.
Speaker 4: You can check out the twenty four to seven live streaming camera at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: She's chilling. California Governor Gavin Newsom is delayed Eric and Lymanindez is resentencing hearing, ordering that the state's Board of Parole Hearings conduct a risk assessment investigation. The hearing was originally scheduled for March twentieth.
Speaker 4: Lyleman Indez responded to the news on Facebook, telling supporters to quote hang type, be patient, and keep the faith. Newsom stated that experts will evaluate were the brothers have done the transformational work needed to avoid reoffending. The pro board will receive the results in a few months, potentially leading to a hearing or a hearing or clemency.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk politics, but shot to Gavin Newsom for not just letting a Netflix series get these guys out of jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that is kind of what happened. They were like they were hot in the Netflix series wou We let them out? It seems like people that watch the show then they turn on the heat.
Speaker 1: They're convicted of murder. They were convicted of murder. They reloaded their guns at their car, came back and shot more. I don't understand how they're innocent moving on. I'm just checking out the moment. That's fine.
Speaker 3: That's why I wish I always look at the eagle right now, she's just sitting on those egs.
Speaker 1: She's looking around, like, where's that goddamn husband of one? You know, Who's gonna have a lot of time to look at these eagles?
Speaker 4: Where is Motley Cruz? Gonna have plenty of time? Because the Las Vegas Vegas residency has been postponed. They were originally set for a March twenty eighth to Epril nineteenth residency, but the shows are now rescheduled for September in October. According to a statement from the band, the postpone is because Vince Neil wanted to watch the Eagles and also needed a required medical procedure done. Neil apologized to fans in a statement, saying, quote, my health is my top priority so I can bring you the awesome shows that user tickets for the original dates are gonna be honored for the new shows. You can see the rescheduled dates on the official Motley Crue website. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: The mom of Eagles just looking around like he said he was going to the store for smokes, oh D, some formula and a milk.
Speaker 3: Where what did you get lost? You better be in an accident.
Speaker 1: You better in an accident. You've been going for an that stores around the corner. Where are you? The Rockets lost to the Pacers last night, one fifteen to one o two. They're not thirty seven and twenty five on the season. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Pelicans tomorrow night in New Orleans and then down at spring training. The Astros are playing the Cardinals this afternoon in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 3: First peach, first pitch is at twelve oh five.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 10: Sports Houston, Rock Houston's alternative All and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Does Rod Ryan Show. It might have been the seventh, It might have been the six o'clock hour, might have been the six o'clock hour today. I had mentioned that Green Day was on the music blog page and I wasn't sure why. And it's nine oh five and I don't know why they're on the music blog page.
Speaker 3: I forgotten.
Speaker 1: They canceled. I think they canceled some shows or something. But it wasn't it wasn't a big enough story to I mean, I know that not everybody knows who the band Faster Pussycat is, but I really think that that story might turn out to be something. As the lead singer of that band his girlfriend went overboard. I got some cruise people that say, Rod, there's detectors and everything on ships with cameras everywhere. There's footage if somebody fell over or was pushed over or whatever, they're gonna have some cameras on that. People that know about these cruise ships. So that story and then the Motley Cruz story that you're talking about. Vince Neil just you know, the lead singer, he's a meat ball. He's got to lose probably one hundred pounds. I don't know what his medical issue is, but I can tell you on top of whatever he's dealing with, he needs to lose one hundred pounds. You know, he's running around on.
Speaker 3: Stage and he's just not you know, he's just not doing his thing.
Speaker 1: He's not doing you know, you're getting ripped off if you're going to a Motley Cruz show. Right now, I'm saying it. I am, I'm saying it. They were one of my favorite fands growing up. So music blog page The Green Day mystery continues. Sonny's guy steps are no chances of rainbow today and tonight highs of around sixty eight emergency poll question this morning is cheese puffs or Cheetos? Sixty two percent of our audience Cheetos thirty eight percent.
Speaker 3: Alexis cheese puffs.
Speaker 1: You're gonna lose this one, Buddy.
Speaker 4: Green Day canceled because of an approaching cyclone Cyclone Alfred in Australia and because it's ruse season.
Speaker 3: My friend Dennis is there right now. Oh, I haven't talked to Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's gonna see. He's vis he's visit in Australia right now. And there's a storm coming right where he's at. That's right, Okay, there's a clone coming. Wow. I call him this morning as I'm getting ready for the show and I'm getting those riveting Green Day stories ready for you to put up.
Speaker 3: On the blog page and all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh spring cleaning.
Speaker 3: Uh, somebody had sent me this article, and it's it's a race that I will never reach the finish line.
Speaker 1: It's just my house. I would never ever say to you, oh my god, my house is completely clean. Come take a look. I guess maybe you would do that if you're getting ready to sell it and you're having people come look at your house.
Speaker 3: I would have to get rid of half of my stuff that people go through my house. It's just with a dog, the kid. My house is just never it's never camera ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, well now if you I don't know if you know this, but I've been looking at houses and okay, to do is just use AI and they photoshop all of the stuff. Yeah, hurt of way better than it is. I can only imagine that's happening here we go. Spring cleaning season is coming up. Could you get rid of one third of your stuff and not know the difference. That's the question they're asking right now because they say the average American, Oh, this hurts my heart, because you know, I'm a pack rap. The average American says thirty four percent of their crap is stuff they don't really need or rarely use.
Speaker 3: Now, it depends, it depends on how you define the term use.
Speaker 1: Okay, the breakdown is twenty one percent of that crap is it's stuff you you don't want but you haven't gotten rid of yet, ten percent is other people stuff that somehow you ended up with, and thirteen percent of it is like pure junk. Thirty four percent of the stuff that I own, that you own you can get rid of. I mean, yeah, I could do. I want to, right, that's the difference.
Speaker 3: Do I want to? Because I could probably get rid of half of the shirts that I own?
Speaker 1: Okay I want to?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna wear half of those shirts?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: But every time I'm like, but no, I need the first Rod Ryan Show shirt I ever had. I have seven hundred. Am I gonna wear all them? Probably not, but like, I don't want to get rid of them. I broke down that thirty four percent of like, what that stuff is that you own that you don't really need, Twenty seven percent of it stuff we're hanging on to for sentimental reasons. That's me that didn't pass through My dad's ball bag when my sister was born. My sister doesn't want anything, she doesn't have anything. She's got that minimalistic thing going on at her house. Mine is a cluttered thing, and my sister is not cluttered.
Speaker 3: How can we be from the same bag?
Speaker 1: Right? Look, we don't have it because I my mom was like that and my dad was kind of like that too. My sister's not like that at all. There's no mail sitting out, there's no papers. There's so much mail sitting out, the mail, the mail. How do you deal with that? I get everything digital, but they still send me this stuff. I try go paperless, and like, guess what, here's more paper. This is what happens, and I just I'm not gonna open it. I'm just gonna let it sit there. The thing that made me feel the best about this whole thing. I'm gonna spare you the whole article here. Twenty percent of us currently have this to hold on to our junk. What is this a box? A storage unit? I don't. I haven't gotten there yet. I do have a closet.
Speaker 3: I do I have a storage unit.
Speaker 1: I have a closet of boxes. When I moved last year, I put in the closet and was like, I will unpack these and I have not unpacked them in the entire year. You've lived in the apartment we live in, and we're going to move and maybe this month, and I'm gonna move that box that those boxes that are unopened to the new place and probably put them in another closet. And that happens. That does happen the fact now, listen, I know I'm in the minority, but do you know how good that makes me feel that there's at least other people off there that have a storage unit that just has crap in it? We all have. My My stuff is decorations. It's all the decorations, the Christmas. There's there's bins for everything. I have bins for Fourth of July. I have bins for Saint Patrick's date. I have a ton of bins for martiy Grad. I do a lot of Marti Grad decorating almost every holiday. There's there's just crap for it, just beads, boxes, beds.
Speaker 3: I do have beads, and I just got a bunch more beads that I don't need.
Speaker 1: Is there like a bead recycling place? There is all over the city where are they New Orleans, just reuse them for next year.
Speaker 3: They do, they sell them, they resell them, Okay, yep, or they don't.
Speaker 1: There's other place. Yeah, the place mine back and resell absolutely. Yeah, all right, spring cleaning. I'm just forever cleaning. I'm forever cleaning, and there's no finish line, and I never feel like done. Awesome, I'm clean. No, you're like, well that looks a little dirty. Let me go get that. There's always some drawer that needs to be gone through.
Speaker 3: It's a sickness. It's a sickness, it really is.
Speaker 1: Be glad you don't have it. Be glad you don't have a live He'll do have thatough. Oh, I got tickets to go see Bring Me the Horizon on the USA Ascension Program, Part one tour, Motionless in White. The plot in You and Amra lthy Key sounds right, it's not sounds close. You know it's not rough.
Speaker 3: September twenty sixth, Toyota Center. I'm sure they're great.
Speaker 1: I think it's Elfelma, thank you. I'm wicked. It's not. No tickets go on say on this Friday for Bringing Me the Horizon if you want to pay tickets before they go on sale. I'll take call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five good.
Speaker 8: Luck Houston for Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to the phones and give away these tickets. Stadd d Hey, good morning, good morning. Hi. Who's this?
Speaker 3: This is Chris, Chris. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. The good morning swell your caller number ten. Congratulations, awesome, Thank you so much. Man, So bring me the horizon. Those tickets not on sale until Friday at ten am. You just go to pair passes my man. Congratulations. That sounds that name. I get a lot much better. Thank you, Rod, Thank you so much. Thank you Chris. Have a great day.
Speaker 3: And I really appreciate you listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: You have a nice day.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Chris. What a nice guy. Hey, I just got some sad news.
Speaker 3: I didn't really know him.
Speaker 1: I maybe met him once or twice. Former Mayor Sylvester Turners that reported has passed dying Tuesday evening, according to sources who have now notified the news and everyone is running with this story now. He was seventy years old. And he was a mayor for the Good Chunk at the time. Well I think back to back, right, so eight years, Yeah, for sure, he was eight years. Yeah, that's sad. Mayor Turner just getting breaking news. Don't know anything more about it. I'm sorry. No one's running with any reason or cause of death. He did win that seat when Sheila Jackson Lee passed away I think it was her daughter, and then he they were kind of running for that seat, so he was still active, but he was taking over for her in the interim or something until they were going to like run a formal election. I don't know. I don't know how any of that works, but he was like working for the city. He was he was doing the Shila Jackson. He was doing the Shila Jackson Lee roll for a while.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's sad news.
Speaker 1: Congressman and former Houston mayor Sylvester Turner dies at seventy and our current mayor has confirmed that. Okay, sad news. Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Kids flicks.
Speaker 1: The mud over there. Today's AOL is called Vanity Plate Rejections, and you will get to see people's submissions for vanity plates. What is your play? What is your what is your personal you have an opinion on everything. Vanity plate, I don't know. I'm always curious, like, why did you get that?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: What is? What is that one? Like on our podcast now we have people sending them in to us. Sometimes there's just weird ones. You're like, why did you want one that said dinger? Whether you're a baseball fan, you run into people a lot. What do you do?
Speaker 3: Listen, everyone's busy, but not all of them get approved. I'm busy. Everyone's busy. I don't know where I have the extra.
Speaker 1: Time in my day to come up with a vanity plate and go and pursue it and pay the money for it, and like, go online.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it takes five minutes. I'm sure it does.
Speaker 1: So you would submit it. You submit kind of like what it means, and then the DMV reviewer will put their own take on it, and then you can see if it was approved or not.
Speaker 4: Somebody had submitted a plate that said weld PRN and they said that it meant weld person, but the d MV reviewer says PRN means porn, so it was not approved.
Speaker 1: Wild porn. You're a porn welder, weld porn yeah, so that was not approved. That's just are you gonna do is refresh it. We'll show you another one. Now I can see you driving around with n O I CE noise, like, yeah, I don't know if that would be inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Someone has it, probably so okay.
Speaker 1: Somebody said they have a plate that they wanted was GT for skin and it says I own a surfboard business called skin Surf, where the plate is going on my Porsche GT for the d M viewers reviewer said, foreskin not.
Speaker 3: Approved GT for skin for skin. Oh yeah, foreskin hot.
Speaker 1: That's funny for skin.
Speaker 4: And then but as you just keep refreshing it and it keep showing you like what was submitted, what they said, they meant that it meant and then with the d M viewer took it to me and whether or not they got it approved it You.
Speaker 3: Could probably do this at the NFL shop.
Speaker 1: They are very they are very high brow about what you can put on the back of an NFL jersey. Because I'm I tried to get a Giants Jerseys said sixty nine nice on the back of it. It was not approved.
Speaker 4: Bro Brad got me that exact Giants jersey, it said sixty nine nice on it. They didn't ask Quesus, probably because think they saw a picture of him or like he's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Well, he saw Chili's guy in the back room.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: He's got chili that wasn't at NFL dot com.
Speaker 1: That works, that's true. But yeah, go check it out and see some vanity plates that.
Speaker 3: Were rejected and some that were even approved.
Speaker 1: That the book finished. Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot Com. The Ryan Show, Good Morning The Buzz or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: It's the red Hot, Chili peppers and black Summer.
Speaker 1: That actress that I was talking about earlier today, I forgot one little fun fact about her. I talked way too long on most things that I do in life, But that actress, her name is Iona sky Ye. She was the one that in the movie Say Anything. John Cusack was trying to get her. He was holding the boombox playing the Pete Gabriel song for her. Yeah, the movie would Say Anything. Her book is called Say Everything, and that's exactly what she's doing. She's talking about all the people that she had sex with. And we knew that she had sex with Matthew Perry from Friends Right. She was married to Adam Horovitz ad Rock from the Beastie Boys, and he caught her cheating with a woman. She did have sex with John Cusack from Say Anything Oh.
Speaker 3: She dated the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 1: And if you remember the old the Mother's Milk album cover where it shows there's, like I said, like a bare chested woman, but she heard her niddlers are covered up with the members of the band, she claims, and she has the artwork on her Instagram that she was the original. She must have been dating Anthony Keatis at the time. She claims that she was the original model for that. She has a mock up of what she would have looked like on the cover of Mother's Milk, the one which stuck my kiss and everything on it. They broke up and they were like, we're gonna get a new model in it. Or what she says is apparently she looked too young. The record company thought it was problematic and they went with a more mature looking model. But this Iona Sky had a hell of a life. I'm telling you, I am selling myself on getting this girl's book. This this actress's book.
Speaker 4: The record company they do that, obviously is not the same record company that put out Nirvana's never Mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was not problematic for Geffen Records. Apparently, that little kid Wiener they said, no, let that go. I see nothing wrong with this. Let's print him. Go ahead, put the kid Wiener on the cover, and then let's go and and let's just see if this becomes one of the biggest albums of all time, which it did, worked out, which it did. Sometimes when I get here early, early in the morning, I get here about four point thirty, I'll see something and then I said, you know what, I can go mine the people that are upright now what I mean by mining, I'm like, let me go throw something a little out there and let's see what their reaction is. And I put this up on our Facebook page. I don't know, after four o'clock in the morning, what is an old person habit you've adopted.
Speaker 3: Because it's actually a really good idea. Ninety percent of it is.
Speaker 1: Going to bed early, I think, and you have not adopted that yet. I don't know when that's going to kick in. I don't know if it's ever going to kick in with you. It will I just don't know when I cannot believe that you are still kicking and screaming on not adjusting your bedtime. And you were doing this long when you could have adjusted your bedtime. Now sometimes the kid dictates that. Right, here's what people are saying on our Facebook page. Day drinking, not staying up past ten pm to drink anymore. That's what Chili does on Friday.
Speaker 3: Chili, you sleeping. Chili is the oldest guy in the show.
Speaker 1: I know, I am. Chili is the oldest soul on the show. Not in human years, but in soul years. Yeah, I think I've partied in that for the both of you all. Chili, this is no secret. If you are going to party, you're gonna go right out after work on Friday. Yeah, tie it on and then boom, Chili ty tie nine o'clock. He's in bed. Yeah you can get You got his party in there. You got five hours of partying in there.
Speaker 6: I mean the goal is to go to bed by six pm if I did the partying right.
Speaker 3: Aaron is doing word puzzles with her morning coffee.
Speaker 1: He said, my my mama did that to keep her brain sharp, and now she's doing it a lot of yelling at kids get off my lawn, A lot of that stuff. But how about how about no, there's chili. He's going He's going back to Bernie Mack doing weekend erin's before noon to beat the crowds. I love that that is, but that's also just because I feel like I'm on this schedule for work where like my body clock just wakes me up early. So if my wife's not working, I'll be like, hey, I'm gonna get up and go do this.
Speaker 3: There is nothing better if London's with me.
Speaker 1: That I get up at five point thirty on a Saturday and I get the whole house to myself for an hour, Yeah, to do whatever, just whether it's just mindlessly scrolling or nine times out of ten I'm doing something, I'm getting something done. I'm trying not to do the dishes or load the dishwasher be cause I don't want to wake her up, But man, just having that hour before everybody number one, you know, I feel like a superior being being up before everyone. But if I can get her motivated and we can get out and do something, and get out and hit a couple of places, the grocery.
Speaker 3: Store at six have you ever been to hib at six o'clock?
Speaker 1: Not that I've got like eight I've been there at the gates opening, Okay, it's like Disney Okay, Like you're just standing there and then like boom, and you're like, oh, everything is yours, everything is fresh and yours. It's the best feeling in the world. Yeah, and you feel like you're just looking at other superior people going into the grocery store at six am, and like when you get up to that early, then you like keep thinking it's noon all throughout the morning and you're like, whoa, it's only ten. Yeah, the day's mind yep. A lot of people talking about eating dinners early. You do get better sleep if your food is properly digested. So not only you have double whammis here. You don't get enough sleep. You go to bed late and you eat wickedly late. I'm still asking me what time I ate last minute. I don't want to know. I noticed because the kid wouldn't go down.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be upset. What time did you eat dinner last night?
Speaker 1: Alex? I hate you? Attack was at nine to fifteen? They were dope, I hate you? What's wrong with you? Well? The kid was not ready to go.
Speaker 3: To Somebody wrote, switching to comfortable clothes indoors.
Speaker 1: I've always done that.
Speaker 3: Slippers and sweatpants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jeans on. Those jeans are done. The question is, what's an old person habit you've adopted? Because it's actually a really good idea.
Speaker 3: A couple of people have picked up sewing.
Speaker 1: Many mentions for closed captioning on everything that you watch on TV. That's true.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's not as I don't feel like it's an old people thing because it's just the regular sized font.
Speaker 1: I don't have the like jumbo font that's half the screen.
Speaker 3: Having a plastic bag full of other plastic bags I do have.
Speaker 1: I don't have a plastic bag on the it's a canvas bag. It's full of all the plasts bags, so you never know when you need a plastic bag. One of our listeners has a box of tissues in every room. I don't get it does sound ideal. What's an old person habit you've adopted? Just because it's actually a really good idea? Somebody said, just complaining about young people in general? Yeah, we do. What good idea? The oscars are? Who even is this the MTV Music Awards. One of the last time I played music. Yeah, yeah, that comes up every year. A lot of napping, a lot of sleeping, waking up at five point thirty, Anthony Tupper getting up early, writing a physical list on paper with a pen for groceries. Always yes, yes, I I had a screen cap of my uh my, my boarding pass, and but I had to check luggage. She goes, would you like a boarding pass? It's on my phone. I said, I'd love one.
Speaker 3: What are my phone and I use it?
Speaker 1: You know what? I would love one. I would love for you to print me out one.
Speaker 3: I didn't need it.
Speaker 1: There's just something awesome in having that. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: You're right, my phone's gonna be What.
Speaker 1: If it just turns off for no reason and I don't know, I don't know what happens. Then I can't get on the plane. I gotta get on the plane. If I go to a concert or any sporting event, astros don't really let you do it anymore. But if I go to any sort of oh my god, I print out. I have the whole piece of paper that I fold up, put it in my pocket, never use it.
Speaker 3: But you have it right there.
Speaker 1: The stress of going to a gd Astro game. For me, the ball moving, I get it, but there's a lot of people there just you can't do.
Speaker 3: You can get on a damn airplane.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can get on an airplane with a screen capture of your QR code, of your boarding pass. Astros. There's that little baseball going back and forth, back and forth. You're using the Wi Fi, you're using whatever network you're on, phone, still going, still going. You're trying to keep your screen warm, you know what I mean, you're warming up the screen. You're walking by the baseball still moving. Bill Black when you hand it to him because it it went off and I know, I know it's gonna crap out and it doesn't. But the whole time, I'm thinking, that little son of a bitch, that baseball bouncing back and forth. You better not stock so much anxiety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that specifically the Astro.
Speaker 1: All my friends are gonna get in because they have theirs. It's gonna work, but I won't have mine. That were My whole life is tied to that baseball going back and forth on my screen, and I'm like the anxiety that I have, you can't handle it. There's some good things makes me want to break stuff. I give what you did. It's the Buzz at four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Okay, know the show is gonna be the last thing that we do. And we've got some great four packs of Landry's All Day All Ride passes good for Keema Boardwalk, Downtown Aquarium or Galveston Island Historic Pleasure.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 3: You get your spring great passes now at Chema Boardwalk dot com.
Speaker 1: Or win a four pack from us, you and the family that'll be rolling in style for spring breaks. If you're staying local. It's a perfect giveaway and we have it for you. Know the show is coming up after the break. Stay there.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety five The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Welcome Back rod Ryan Show nine fifty one.
Speaker 3: Time for another show.
Speaker 1: La La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. If you're sticking around, If you happen to be on spring break next week and you're sticking around, this is perfect. This is perfect. A four pack of Landry's All Day, All ride passes good for Keema Boardwalk, Downtown Aquarium or Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Peer. You can buy these now at Chema Boardwalk dot com. When a four pack from us? If you know the show, Alex is your question today?
Speaker 3: Well, we talked about a book that rod might buy. Now I think I'm gonna buy it. That was written by what eighties actress?
Speaker 1: I need the name? Oh her?
Speaker 3: Okay, the name?
Speaker 1: Okays my what eighties actress?
Speaker 3: It's a good prize, so I don't mind. That's I think it's a hard question.
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two one two five, nine four five, even if you fudge her name, because I think we've been Oh, it has to be perfect. We don't even know what's perfect. Are we gonna judge? Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, Getting ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzz. Here we go, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. See either of the fine again? Nine fifty six. Let's just get into it. She's now time for know this show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Sometimes on my phone screen. Here it'll say a name.
Speaker 1: Most of the times I don't know who's on the other end of this phone. But this time it says the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes. Why would it say that on my phone? That's the I have a bad weekend? Good morning Rod Ryan's show. Good morning? Who is this?
Speaker 6: This is the Dusty Road?
Speaker 1: Are you the American Dream?
Speaker 7: I am the American Dream.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, dude. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: How are you awesome? Let's see if we can get to some passes, some all day all ride passes here. If you're sticking around locally, what you got over there for a question?
Speaker 4: Well, American Dream. We talked about a book that rod may be ordering today. It was written by what eighties actress?
Speaker 1: Her name is Sky? Is that how you say it? I A Sky. That's how I've always said it. Okay.
Speaker 12: I had to look up and see who she was, and I was like, yep, that's who was.
Speaker 1: Also, I say it always to Iona Sky.
Speaker 3: She was in the movie Say Anything.
Speaker 1: Her book is called Say Everything, and she banged everybody. She banged everyone. Good for her back in the day, so good for her. I mean we have to go out.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Iona Sky.
Speaker 1: Of course we're gonna have to go out with this. Hey dude, congratulations, it's a forepack of Landry's All Day, All Ride Pass is good at Keema board Walk, Downtown Aquarium or Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Peer. Okay, sweet, Ahi, dude, the American Dream everybody. Dusty Rhodes on the show closing closing us out today, Great job today. Hang Out for Me, a song written about Rosanna Arquette. Peter Gabriel dated her any relations to David Arquette, Yeah, sister, older sister, David Arket's older.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like there's arcat Tricia, Patricia Arqatt's sister.
Speaker 3: Then they had a brother who passed away.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did not know that, did not know that the brother. You know who the brother is? He he looked before he transitioned. He looked just like Jerry Seinfeld. He's the one that tried to kill uh Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Boom boom, boom boom. He unloaded all the he unloaded all the bullets and they went around his head.
Speaker 3: He looked just like Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 1: He was an arquette did not know that. Arquettes all over the place. All right, Hey, Chili, good morning. Did you get somebody to play you? Yes, who's gonna Who's gonna come down and play you in?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Read my lips, Chili, Uh, it will be Michael Kilton.
Speaker 3: Okay, Michael Kilton nailed it. I'm sure that's his last name.
Speaker 1: You might kill you, all right, Chili. He said he can get here in time and come down and be competitive.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, okay, that sounds good. I don't know my competitor, but he'll come and check it.
Speaker 1: Lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well read my lips.
Speaker 1: There you go. We now have somebody that's gonna come down and take on the Chile tomorrow. Rick is done. That's it by Chick.
Speaker 3: Smoke Show Carla took him out, and I did see her.
Speaker 1: Post a picture on Twitter. I retweeted it, so a lot of people were asking, who is this smoke show Carla Chick?
Speaker 3: Well, she is going to be on with us tomorrow, fresh out of bed.
Speaker 1: Head to ahead. We play every morning, Get six twenty, great job today, everybody on the Torture ten. That means more offspring tickets tomorrow for Throwback Thursday more bring me the Horizon tickets. Those are both winning before they go on sale. I got a couple pair of tickets left to that sold out Deftone show. We'll get you in on the floor. I don't know the times of any of this stuff on yet, but a lot of stuff being moved around, a lot of great prizes this week on this short week, so you don't want to miss anything. All right. We got a couple of days for the weekend, but if you haven't made your plans yet, I will be hosting the Onion Creek seventeenth Daniel Chili Cookoff this Saturday. If you want to come hang out with me and eat some bad ass chili.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's a great party.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: I've never gotten to go to it, so I'm very excited that I get to go. Might bring the daughter out, the wife. Then I have a whole time. You can't.
Speaker 3: Gunner's got this thing set up. You bring the whole family out there.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's really good.
Speaker 1: What time are you there Saturday? I believe three to six.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a good party, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's going from one to six, so come hang out with me. I'll get there early. I'll sail it. Oh sorry, I'm missing that one. All right, guys, that's it. Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 3: He wants to get in here.
Speaker 1: He's got the non stop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Uh. Happy ash Wednesday to everyone out there that's celebrating that ashes to ashes baby? Is that what they said?
Speaker 3: No, they don't should I should?
Speaker 1: That should be? Okay, it's another well if you see you you got your ashes, you can see the other ashes like ash dash. Emergency poll question today, Cheetos are cheese puffs? Sixty one point eight percent of our audience Cheetos thirty eight point two cheese puffs.
Speaker 3: You're losing, bro, I'm just part of the elite.
Speaker 1: You're losing big time. A m appy Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 8: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.