Speaker 1: Welcome to Wine Soundtrack USA. Listen to the passion with which producers narrate their winery and their world team thirty answers discover their stories, personalities and passions.
Speaker 2: Hello, friends and listeners of Wine Soundtrack. This is Alison Levine and today I'm in the tasting room of Royo Sellers in the Livermore Valley with the partner and winemaker John chip Rich. John, welcome to Wine Soundtrack and tell us a little bit about Arroyo Sellers.
Speaker 3: That's a pleasure having you here. Thank you. And Arroyo Sellers were a small, very small winery founded by a group of a family of friends, I think is the best way of phrasing it. So there are actually ten of us overall, their partners in the winery, and we each bring something different to the operation. But we're a group of people that met over twenty five years ago and have done a lot of things together over the years. A few years back, one of the partners decided that it might be fun to open a winery. There was a previous winery that we had been affiliated with. Unfortunately, the owner of that one had passed away and so it shut down, but it left an interest for all of us. So the one gentleman Ron decided to open up a new location here at Royal Sellers. And the business started primarily as wine storage, but it was always a vision to have a winery involved with it, and we just grew from there.
Speaker 2: And I love this because you said it's ten friends or ten couple in friends, ten family and friends. So and the fact is twenty five years and you're all still friends, you're working together. Someone has really organized very well and delineated who does what, So there's no resentment that I did more. But so tell me you started Arroyo Sellers in what year.
Speaker 3: We started with the wine storage area in twenty eighteen. We actually opened up the tasting room once before COVID did wonderful.
Speaker 2: But you're still here. And how many cases do you make?
Speaker 3: We vary between five to seven hundred cases a year, so relatively.
Speaker 2: Modest, modest and small. And what do you focus on grape wise?
Speaker 3: We having fun with the grapes mainly. We actually do a pretty broad range of wines. So we have several whites, which we considered to be a heritage type for the Livermore Valley. So Livermore was renowned for its southern hum Bloc. Semion is another one that is quite good and one day with the Chardonnay. So we have those, but we also have another one of the heritage wines for Livermore Valley, which is a petite row was something that was pioneered through Concanon the Bordeaux grow here as well. And Cabernet franc is another signature whine now for the Livermore Valley. So we've been corporated dat into the portfolio as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so more white wines than reds.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually a pretty healthy mix. So this year, even though we only bottled seven in our cases, we did produce sixteen different wines there, wow, four whites and twelve rids.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And working with a lot of Bordeaux varieties in the classics of them.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Okay? And are you do you own any vineyards or just sourcing fruit? And if you're sourcing fruit, is it just from Livermore Valley or do you expand out?
Speaker 3: We source our fruit, so we're definitely not farmers. We leave out to people who know what they're doing. We buy almost exclusively from the Livermore and the majority of the grapes actually come from within two and a half miles of the winery. We do have one exception, and that is that we've picked up some Torroldego just because we felt like, you know, that would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows charle to go absolutely and it's not grown here in Livermore. So we did source it from.
Speaker 2: Gold from where gold golt.
Speaker 3: Where's that It's by Sacramento?
Speaker 2: Okay, not far, not terribly far. And I'm going to make the assumption that with the amount of wine that you produce, that you are exclusively, exclusively available here as a direct to consumer winery. That you've got your tasting room and your website. But are you in any markets? Do you sell in any restaurants locally or in any other cities?
Speaker 3: We are pretty much local. We do sell to a number of restaurants. I think you're mainly here in Livermore. We just close the deal with Costco, so we're going to have some wine showing up there in the very near future. Otherwise, the majority of the cell is through the taste somewhere.
Speaker 2: Then this is where people have to find you, and that's how I found you. So I'm curious. You know, you and your friends have come to wine after other careers. Wine is something you love, But what is your first memory relevant to wine? How old were you and what was that experience where you actually either tasted or found out wine existed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to give you a couple ways of answering. Yet, when I grew up in the family, we grew up in western Pennsylvania, wine was not something that was an everyday part of our lives, and so those consequences. My first face the wine was BlackBerry wine.
Speaker 2: Made from blackberries, and that was the first experience Your first memory relevant to wine?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: So then I can fast forward and say, Okay, when you started drinking wine, do you have You may have many, because I mean it sounds like you have had experienced drinking wine. But is there one wine that stands out as one of those aha moment wines, like one of those really memorable wine experiences.
Speaker 3: Out? Yes, and against not the shortest answer in the world, but with my once I graduated from college, with my job, I had a lot of international activity associated with my job, and so I got to travel fair amount, and of course wine and dinner became a part of my life and I got to experience a lot of absolutely wonderful wines over the years. My wife and I went out a cruise and the Somalie on board the cruise ship noted that we tended to like some pretty nice wines, and he came up to us and said, Okay, tomorrow is your last day for dinner on the cruise ship. When you come to the dining room, do not get seated. Ask for me. And we said okay, and we came in and there he had a separate little table set aside with a decanter on it, and he introduced us to Sassakaia. Okay, and that was just a lovely wine. And we kind of still enjoy the glass of Sasakaia to this state.
Speaker 2: With a very lovely memory associated with it. So it's that a lot of times that aha moment with wine is centered not just about what was in the glass, but the whole experience exactly. So if we were to come to your home, what kind of wines would we find in your house? Are you a collector of wine? Are there certain grapes you have or regions your own wines, local wines? What would we find in.
Speaker 3: Your house, sadly, almost anything, well.
Speaker 2: That's not sadly, that's exciting.
Speaker 3: Well, it's all relative, but we have a pretty broad range of wines because again, for us, wine is not just something that you see. It's a mood, it's an expression, it's the time of the day, what you're doing, who you're with, what you're eating. And so we pretty much the spectrum covered.
Speaker 2: And is there anything you opened up recently that drank really well.
Speaker 3: Well, there are a few. So again we a friend of ours just had a birthday, so we bought a bottle of the Sassakaya for that. We also enjoyed a beautiful worn Alia just recently had a favely Jevre Chambertine which was just exquisite.
Speaker 2: But do you know, do you know what vintage that family was.
Speaker 3: The family that we just had was a twenty nineteen. The Saskai was also in nineteen, The Ornelli was in eighteen. But the other thing is we opened up one of ours just recently with a group of friends, and which one was beautiful? It was our Dorado. It's a twenty twenty three Bordeaux blend, so it's fifty six percent. Is a field blend of petite Serah, I'm sorry I missed bo petite for dough cab franc and a mile back. Thirty percent is Caverny Sevignon, and then the remaining fourteen percent is Marlowe.
Speaker 2: Wow, you drink a lot. I like that. I like that. So as someone who drinks a lot a broad diverse selection of wines from all over the world, as well as making what sixteen different wines here, do you think there's a such thing as a perfect variety?
Speaker 3: I don't. Again, to me, it really ties into the moment man, who you're with, the foods, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And so as a wine drinker, I mean, you know you did talk Sasa Kay and Ornelia, But as a wine drinker, red whiteter Rose.
Speaker 3: Slight bias towards the reds, but again equal opportunity. There are certain days where a Rose said, no, this is what you're going to drink today. Yeah, the white said no, this is this will be perfect. And what we're sipping right now.
Speaker 2: Is a white because it's middle of the day, it's warm out. What more do you want? Absolutely, you're right, it's about place and time and space still are.
Speaker 3: Sparkling, sparkling goes with everything, and it's always a great, great thing to have. But I more steel than sparkling.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking about going with everything and about moods and times, a lot has to do with what you're eating. So how do you approach food and wine pairing? Do you follow rules? Do you think the old adage of white wine and fish, red wine and meat, or is there something else you look for in making the choices.
Speaker 3: I look more at the flavors and the flavor profiles. I look at the acid levels and the way I look at Christmas, take a look at the fattiness in the foods, what spices go with the foods, and then I go from there.
Speaker 2: So do you pick your food and then choose the wine or do you pick your wine and then decide the dish?
Speaker 3: Normally I picked the food first and then I'll choose a wine that I think goes best with it. There are exceptions where I said this is the one I read, But as a role, it's the food.
Speaker 2: First, okay. And can you offer an example. Let's say that you have, as you said, some spice in your dish. What would you be looking for in a wine as a compliment to that?
Speaker 3: Well, if it was a very spicy as in hot spice dish. There, I would look for something that's a little cool er, a little crisper, so slightly higher acid just to help work with the spices. If it's a rounder spice there, I would look for a wine it would be able to stand up to the spice so that it wouldn't be overpowered by the dish. So, for instance, we make a zinfandel here that I call a Lasagna wine because lasagna is an old, rich food and this wine is not a whimpy wine. It'll stand up and hold its own with the wine, and the two work together.
Speaker 2: In more of a compliment to each other as opposed to a contrast to each other.
Speaker 3: That is correct. Yeah, for me, the perfect pairing is when both the food and the wine are enhanced by the other's presence.
Speaker 2: We all try to achieve that. That's what we work for. That's what we work for. So for somebody who hasn't had the pleasure to taste of royal sellers yet, what do you think they're missing out on?
Speaker 3: What they're missing out on is the beauty of the little more fruit the first. First off, The second thing is that we don't overwork. The wine. Fruit tells us what to do, and we want fruit to be the showcase, the centerpiece of the wine. So what you're getting here is you're getting a nice, clean wine, not overly oaked, not overly worked, but something that is just a real beautiful representation of what that grape wants to be.
Speaker 2: So when we talk about what a grape wants to be, and you were mentioning that you don't think there's a such thing as a perfect variety. But as a wine maker, are you aspiring to achieve some level of perfection or scores? I mean, do wine critics and scores play a big role in what you do? Do you find them to be useful or what's your opinion?
Speaker 3: That's another good question. What I tell people about wine critics is if you can find one that aligns with your taste, that's great because then you can use them to go out there and source a lot of different things. But you need to trial things. For me, the most important person and their opinion of the wine is the person sitting across from me as I'm pouring the glass for them. That that's probably the shortest answer I can But yeah, as far as again, not having a specific variety in mind, is we're doing things. The short answer there is yes, I'm trying to achieve perfection for every wine that we make. What we do when we work on the blending, so we do a lot of blends. There's the occasion where you'll taste something by itself and you'll say, Okay, I'm not gonna mess with this. It's just exactly what it needs to be. But the majority of what we do are blends, and well, we're tasting the wine. We're we're not tasting the wine as a regular taste. We're looking for the holes, the gaps. Okay, I like it, but it would be even better. And that's why we have a range of wines that we play with, because then we'll say, Okay, maybe a little bit of this will help to plug that hole. And to me, that's the best part of being a wine maker is having that opportunity and seeing how the grapes want to play together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the beauty of what a blend is. You know, varieties are beautiful on their own, and like you said, when one is great, they're great, but there is something really beautiful about finding how they can work with each other. So, if space aliens were to land in your parking lot out there and come knock on your door, which of your wines, of all your sixteen wines, would you say, Welcome to royal sellers.
Speaker 3: I would start them with the white blend, the liver More.
Speaker 2: It's aptly named too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's well, it's a wine helped to put Livermore on the map. I was back and the eighteen eighties, a blend of Savinium bulk and semon was actually entered into the Paras Exhibition and it did quite well. It won best of class, okay, and.
Speaker 2: Against a classic four Jeau white, which is a blend of Samnil blanc and semione. Right, okay, So yeah, we've got that here. So I guess I'm a space alien. I got welcomed with and you call it the Livermore White. I call it Livermore Livermore. So welcome to Livermore with a glass of Livermore. It's perfect. I love it. I love it. So you're sourcing fruit from lots of different vineyards, do you spend a lot of time in the vineyards.
Speaker 3: We have developed relationships with the growers over the years. Yes, we've had the opportunity to walk the vineyards discuss them. There's a level of trust also that that's been established. So when the growers say, you know, it would be a good time to pick around now, we tend to believe them. That doesn't mean that we won't go and walk them in your your sample and taste. But it's really more of, let's say, a cooperation of partnership with the growers than one telling the other one to do and.
Speaker 2: With your you said you started this. You started making a royal seller's wines in twenty eighteen, or you had the storage and then the wine came a little later.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen was about right, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: But you were a partner in another winery you using livermore fruit, and were you the wine maker for that winery as well.
Speaker 3: The other wine maker. There's two of us as part the wine maker team here. So Tim Sauer was the primary wine maker at the other place, and I helped him out. That's actually how I got involved in the wine industry in the first place, was through a friendship with Tim. So I've been playing with making wines now for twenty five some odd years. Kim's got over thirty some odd years.
Speaker 2: Okay, so for twenty five years, even though you're not in the vineyard every single day, you know, you've been making wine twenty five vintages. And I'm curious, in a place like Livermore Value, do you see a lot of consistency from year to year? Do you see a lot of vintage variation? I mean, we know every vintage sells a different story, but are the differences from one year to another more similar or more different?
Speaker 3: It's recently consistent. I mean, there are obviously big differences in the weather every once in a while, so some vintages will just absolutely stand out, and then others they get impacted by other environmental aspects. We had a lot of wildfires in a twenty twenty time frame, and so there were concerns over what was going on in that time frame, and you know, passion follow on that year. We were a little more selecting what we bought, and we had to modify the winemaking process to try to minimize the influence of smoke tank on the lines. But you take those anomalies out of the situation and the living more fruits are reasonably consistent. At least that's our experience.
Speaker 2: And as a team because you are a group of ten friends. Do you guys have any sort of traditions that you do each year at the start of harvest or during harvest, that's you know, any sort of annual toasts or random funny things we do.
Speaker 3: Actually, we do a lot during the course of the year as grips. For instance, we do a lot of holidays together and one family will pretty much do the Easter. Some of you will get Fourth of July someone, or do Christmas someone, or do Thanksgiving, and we rotate around for that. Bottling is another opportunity where we all just get together and enjoy the day. It's a very active day.
Speaker 2: But any good luck rituals not really. No no toes, noah, lucky socks, noo.
Speaker 3: There's always toast. But there's more humor than anything else.
Speaker 2: You got to keep laughing. It's a lot of work, so you got to laugh through it, absolutely. And I like to hear that because with ten personalities, you know that could be a challenge and it's better to laugh than to yell.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 2: So once the wines come into your cellar, that's when they're in your domain. Now these are your babies. You may not be as intimately familiar with the vines on a personal basis, but you are intimately familiar with every single barrel intaate. What is that kind of relationship with Do you talk to them? Do you yell at the gwind? You coax it along? Does it talk to you?
Speaker 3: I never yell at goin, That would be bad. But yes, we will chat, we'll talk, will happen. Music playing often in the background, and yes, the wine does talk to us on a constant basis. We tend not to disturb the wine a lot, but we will of course be checking it on a rinking basis, and it lets us know what it wants to do.
Speaker 2: And you don't yell it because you don't want it to be temperamental and misbehave. But do you find that playing music alters the wine at all? Does it affect the wine or is that more for your own moods?
Speaker 3: I think it affects us more than it does the wine. But as I said earlier in the discussion, when I taste the wine, it's more the mood the day, the time was going on around, And as a consequence, I think that it actually helps us in our approach in working with the wine.
Speaker 2: So when you were a little boy, what did you want to be when you grew up? Was winemaker always a dream in the back of your mind or did you have other fantasies?
Speaker 3: Wine making was nowhere at all in the thought process for well easily the first thirty plus years of my life. Wine drinking, yes, that was definitely involved, but no, my career choice. I'm an engineer, and that was what I really wanted to be.
Speaker 2: The scientific mind, yeah, sadly, well, there's some there's a lot of science and wine. So that's probably what draws you even more into it.
Speaker 3: And that will could be although I would say that what I bring to the party here with my partner Tim, is more of the art side, the blending part of it. Tim is much more knowledgeable on the science of winemaking, and so I think as a consequence, I think we can actually compliment each other very well. Our tastes are very similar.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's wonderful. So when you're not working, you have your friends that you do dinner parties with, and you sounds like you socialize with them a lot. But what else do you like to do in your free time?
Speaker 3: We we love to travel, and my wife and I have been pretty much all around the world and we do it on a routine basis. The other thing that we spend a lot of time at is Disneyland. I really love to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and your wife or do you have kids with you? Grandkids or it's just you and your wife.
Speaker 3: Mainly it's my wife and I. Yes, the grandchildren on occasion if they're lucky, but no, it's just a great, great thing to do, how fun.
Speaker 2: I love that it is the happiest place on earth. So, indeed, who's your favorite Disney character?
Speaker 3: I really don't have a favorite. I'll just enjoy the moment.
Speaker 2: If you can meet Mickey Mouse, the real Mickey Mouse. No, but if you could beat Maxims, which of your wines would you want to give to him?
Speaker 3: I would probably give him a Merlow. At the moment, we have a we have an absolutely beautiful Merlou that surprises you, just as Mickey would surprise you with a lot of the the uh, the layers of his of his personality. This Burleau has a richness and layers and depth to it that I think would be kind of kind of cool.
Speaker 2: A little Mickey and Merlou, I love it. I love it. So when you're planning a romantic evening for you and your wife, I mean it sounds like if you're drinking Sasa kay.
Speaker 3: And are in Alaya.
Speaker 2: Life is good and you know you travel around the world. But are there certain wines or wine styles that will say that it's not just a normal dinner but a romantic evening. Are there certain wines that you know that make her especially happy to have?
Speaker 3: Well two of them are they weren't allying. There are also a couple of peanut and Mars that we really really like and they tend to bump it up a bit. And for a romantic evening, we will always start with the glass of champagne guarantee.
Speaker 2: In fact, it may not have intended to be a romantic but the bubbles come out and it changes everything. I say, that's what bubbles do. So you've had a career in other areas. Now you're in wine for twenty five years. But you know along the years, you know, we have teachers, and we have parents, we have mentors, we have bosses. Is there a piece of advice someone gave you at any point in your life that is something you try to live or.
Speaker 3: Work by One of my bosses early in my career told me that in life, there's not a lot that you're really in control of. The One thing that you can control is how you react to situations. So don't let other people dictate how you react, because then you control nothing and you become a victim. Don't ever allow yourself to become a victim.
Speaker 2: I like that. That is really sound advice. And if you could give our listeners a piece of advice, what would you want to share beyond control your life? Don't become a victim. Is there anything else maybe about wine?
Speaker 3: Yes, be open to trying. There is no such thing as a mistake. It's more what your choice is and what your individual preferences are. So try experiment. You don't have to follow a rule. Find something that you like, remember it so that you can order it again. And in my book, you're now a connoisseur perfect.
Speaker 2: Perfect. So when you look back at your career, your entire career, all your different careers, is there, you know, what would you say is one of your proudest achievements so far?
Speaker 3: My proudest achievement is actually convincing this young lady that I was someone that she would be willing to go out with.
Speaker 2: I said, in your career, you're not allowed to say I love that, I love it. It's your wife, but it's not supposed to be your wife for children, because of course those are your proudest achievements. Well not, of course, I should hope. But in your career, is there something that stands out aside from your wife accepting a date.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of things that I succeeded in doing through my career. I worked in the petrochemical industry. I worked on development of rotating equipment and gas turbines, and then I worked in the defense industry, and there were a number of projects that I got to work on with a really great group of people that I'm really proud of. No one item it jumps out at the moment someone like, I'm just not gonna talk about it.
Speaker 2: You can't tell me secret government stuff. We'll move on, okay, So complete this sentence through me. A table without wine is like.
Speaker 3: A day without sunshine. I mean, there's lots of cliches that come to mind, but you can.
Speaker 2: Throw some others out. Come on a day without sunshine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, peanut, But without jelly A good one.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard that one before you go see asked that enough times and you get a different answer almost every time, almost every time. So we're sitting at a table right now. There's an empty chair or two at the table we're at, and we've got bottles of your wine on the table that you've made. Who from any walk of life, living or deceased, do you wish you could have filling one of those chairs to drink wine your wine with you.
Speaker 3: I would love for my dad to be here. He passed away years ago, and I would just really really like the sharing glass.
Speaker 2: Was he a wine drinker?
Speaker 3: He was not, but I think he would really enjoy this.
Speaker 2: I might become a wine drinker after that. So you're a drinker and a collector of wine. If you were off to a deserted island and can only take three wines with you, what three wines would those be?
Speaker 3: I would definitely do a Champagne and it would most likely be a Laurent Perier Rose.
Speaker 2: I like where you're going.
Speaker 3: I would do our Livermore because I really like our livermore. And the third would be to Sassa.
Speaker 2: That was easy.
Speaker 3: Fifteen or twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Vantage you still have any of those.
Speaker 3: Ninymore drink a ball, They're all gone.
Speaker 2: Well, we have come to that time where we play our little game. The one thing you're warned about about pairing way with music. You know, we spoke a few minutes ago about you know, kind of maybe the science and art of wine being melded. But I think there's also a connection between wine and music because both make us feel a certain way. They boost our energy or they calm us down. And I want you to pair some of your wines with music, a genre, a singer specific song, whatever you want that sort of expresses how that wine expresses to you. So, since I've been sipping on the Livermore Savino von Seo, let's start.
Speaker 3: With that wine. Absolutely so again, this is one of our blends, and this wine as well as a couple of our red blends, like the Dorado for instance, to me, they are a perfect example of harmony, how things blend together. So for me, this is something more along the lines of like a Crosby Stills, a Nash song, or maybe something by Pentatonics, where all the voices all blend together and create something that is just even better than all of the individual elements going into it.
Speaker 2: M Okay, so let's see we have the liver more, where are you sourcing your pan and are from.
Speaker 3: The piano and a war actually comes from a small vineyard just outside of Snow. It's again part of the living rapilation. The vineyard is called Nellita and they are for people who are familiar with the Bay area. They are on the it's east side of six point eighty, so it's about maybe seven miles from the.
Speaker 2: Winery and cool enough for peano and noir.
Speaker 3: It's actually down in in a nice little valley, and so it is one of the few places in this area that is good for a peanut and noir.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what about your peano noir?
Speaker 3: So our pianoalire tends to be a surprise for people because I tell people, if you're a huge fan of that old, bright, fruity California or Oregon style peana noir, this isn't it. This is much more of an old world style. It has a little more of a body, a little more minerality to it, a little more of an earthiness. I compare it to force floor. Okay, if you've ever walked through the woods after a rain and you can smell that that sweet smell coming up from the ground. Not that the wine is sweet, but that smell that that to me is a hint of what's going on with the piano.
Speaker 2: Okay, and a song or an artist or a genre.
Speaker 3: So for something like that, and I wasn't expecting that one, yeah, already coming from but I would do something like a James Taylor Okay, see see coming through like that.
Speaker 2: See it's not that hard to do this. You know. You mentioned with the Royo Dorado that it would be sort of the blend and the harmony. So I'm going to assume that's a little more. Still in the pen attacks and Crosby sells Nash, what about your petite serad? That is the great that was born here in Livermore. So tell me about the petizzaa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the petitza ra it's it's a bolder one. It's not overlitanic. It doesn't absolutely demand that you have to have food with it. But it's got some body, it's got some substance, and it comes across with a nice BlackBerry excuse me, in blueberry flavor that comes through. It'll stand up to almost anything. So for that one, I would do something like Black Magic Woman from Santana.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I want to do one morning. I want to stump you here, and I'm trying to think about what you talked about. You said, Okay, the Merleau that you would give Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that Merleau Fantasia comes to mind immediately. And I mean, there are a number of great songs, but I'm desperate the name of the oneslaw right now and I can't. But it's it's a symphony.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. See I picked wines you weren't prepared for. Well, John, it's been great talking with you. You are almost finished. We've gotten through many of my questions. But I do have one last question, and that is you've traveled around the world. You've had the privilege to travel around the world and see many places. Is there one wine region that's at the top of your bucket list that you'd like to explore deeper or have never been to that you'd really want to get to.
Speaker 3: We've been to, as you said, a lot, but what I've never gone to are any of the regions in South America. And I'm intrigued. So I would just like to explore that. Yeah, and the other silly part of the answers they like Livermore. In my mind, we actually live in a vacation resort and this is just a very welcoming valley and when I taste the wines here, to me, it's wine as it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: So do you go around and taste a lot of wines? Do you get out and explore the Livermore?
Speaker 3: Absolutely every chance we can.
Speaker 2: And if people wanted to come here and explore Livermore and come to Royal Sellers, where will they find you? When you open? What will they find?
Speaker 3: So we are open right now on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to five. The partners all rotate in working in the tasting room. So when you come to our place, you're going to meet an owner, You're going to meet a wine maker, You're going to meet someone who is intimately involved in the entire process, and you will be welcomed as a friend.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's true. Ten when you're ten friends, there's you got a good team of employees.
Speaker 3: Absolutely works out well.
Speaker 2: Well, John, thank you so much for joining us today on Wine Soundtrack. I hope you had fun and didn't feel too much pressure.
Speaker 3: No, this was great. Thank you appreciate.
Speaker 2: It well do you do.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to a new episode of Wine Soundtrack USA. For details and updates, visit our website windsoundtrack dot com.