Speaker 1: Poor Timothy Leary. I know he's dead.
Speaker 2: We hardly knew him.
Speaker 1: Good morning, now all in Timothy Leary, good morning, he's dead. We can confirm that through news radio eight forty w h I as it just has some sort of meaning. Yesterday, because you had second treatment of kennamine ke ketamine, kennane. I want to get that.
Speaker 2: I might want to get that correct.
Speaker 1: I'll call key, let's call it kennemy today ke.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I wanted to hear that song because that's been one constant.
Speaker 3: It is ketamine, ketamine, ketamine. By the way, I was saying, Kenny bouncing back and forth. Mind mean, by the way, if you're just tuning in, this is doctor prescribed therapist therapy.
Speaker 1: This is it. We're not we're not experimenting with drugs at fifty six years old. It doesn't really experiment. He just takes it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So you've decided to do you reclaimed yeah, yeah, reclaim well yeah, reclaim wellness, reclaim wellness.
Speaker 2: So I want to hear that Moody Blues because that's been one constant.
Speaker 1: Your first trip through, and you're going to do four or five of these six six these Your first through was so compelling. Dave and I we just pushed the mics away and just let you talk for about fifteen minutes about your first experience. Anything different from the second experience? Yes, than the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been one concept. That's why I want to hear it because on both episodes I've repeated Timothy Leary's dead, Timothy Lear's dead.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, why do you think you're doing that?
Speaker 2: I think I'm doing that just because that moody blues song and this and this. What they put you through is a little bit psychedelic, but it takes you back. And I talked about on Tuesday becoming my uncle and then passing but then feeling. But when I did so, there was peace beyond. I can't even describe it. The piece is indescribable, I felt, and I think that's because I always I mean, it's only been a few months ago, but since then, I've regretted that my uncle had to pass by himself. But some people won't die unless you leave the room anyway, you know, So I think that gave me peace. But yesterday, yesterday, I went back and it was all between thirteen and fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Old, right before you're dead.
Speaker 2: Situation yeah, and there was there was one, and he probably thinks I got to explain this to Russell Street, the guy that's.
Speaker 1: Uh no, But I kept crazy is not the proper.
Speaker 2: Word, no, thank you, reality challenged. But I kept saying, yesterday because one of my memories, and I'll tell you where it came from. I kept telling him, hey, look at that dead body. You see that dead body. And I would hear the voice going, no, I don't see it. Tell me about it. And so you don't see that dead body. And I know where like the memory it took me to is what I was about fourteen years old. I don't know, thirteen fourteen. We found a car at the bottom of this damn by a lake, okay, and we go through it and all the guys stuff's in there. There's like a neucle razor. I turn it on, I throw it in the lake and we just pillaged the car. And then come to find out about probably about a month later, at that lake, a body floats up and it was that guy's car and it was all, you know, puffed up, and this smell was horrendous. It bloated. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You on a Sunday morning, turtles.
Speaker 2: Had been eating on it and such like that, and they pulled it up on this path and then the cops came x y z do. And I used to ride my bike, you know, and that's why we saw it. I was riding you meet me and my friends, we were riding our bikes.
Speaker 4: Have me.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, buddy, my Roger either. The way we found out was bodies er. Roger either threw a rock at it and went and just stuck in it, and then somebody called the cops x Y. But I used to ride my bike up there and just stand where that path where he where they put him on the path. Yeah, it was just I don't know, it's fascinated with death or obsessed with death, you know. So that was one point and went there, and then another point I went back to a Uh. I used to ride my bike to this water tower and you weren't supposed to go up there.
Speaker 1: We all did that.
Speaker 2: There was a chain across the roads. First you had to put your bike on the chain. I could feel myself doing that. I see myself and feel it doing it. And then you had to slide through this gate and then you ride up to the water tower. Yeah, so I went there. I went to all these places that were just so peaceful. Dad forgot I even went, I'd forgotten.
Speaker 1: About all these places. Yeah, forgotten about that body. But the yeah, they're all storage somewhere, isn't that? While it is wild, it is wild? And this is just episode number two for you again, this is Reclaim Wellness.
Speaker 2: My dad still hadn't shown up. I think my dad's going to be the season finale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know that means you're gonna have to come back for season two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean what you just shows up the end of the journey.
Speaker 1: You know what if he just shows up and goes, you're still a dumbass.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But these places I went in my youth yesterday. They were so real and it was so peaceful when I was there, and I remember because.
Speaker 1: Hang on, so is there is there? It's an hour long session. Yeah, And how long do you get before you start feeling like that? Like a minute, ten minutes, twenty minutes?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got no concept of time, because what happens is you go in this room and it's quiet and they have, you know, like the nice gentle music going on, you know, and they put a blindfold on you and you lose you kind of lose all concept of time. Wow. But I will tell you this, all your senses are heightened beyond belief. You're hearing. It's it's stronger that you smell. They have your aromatherapy going on. You start smelling. It's it's an incredible Okay, that's awesome. That was that's episode two.
Speaker 1: You want to really trip. Go out to the state Fair. It opens today.
Speaker 2: Look at the prices.
Speaker 1: People watching? I love it. I love going out and doing a little people watch. Dave and I used to do the Underdogs out there every year. Oh some of the shirts that we'd see. Oh besides not fitting some of the sayings on the shirt. I couldn't even I couldn't even the one shirt about I couldn't even say it on the radio. I know it was awful. It was awful, awful cool. No wait till I tell you what it's say. You're going to go no, no, no, no, that's not cool. That's not cool. That's not cool.
Speaker 2: I like the ones to say you can't touch this still.
Speaker 1: Well, and the girlfriend has a matching one. Yeah, of course, but people watching is just fun. Sit on a park bench, grab yourself a corn dog and just watch people go by. It's fantastic because it really is one of the only times during the year, because I don't even count derby in this it's one hundred and twenty counties. They all come here. Yeah, and this is the only time they ever go.
Speaker 2: I like the Louisville I like to get the foot on corn dog, Yes, and then eat it seductively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have the frozen chocolate banana.
Speaker 2: I'll eat that seductively. It might stick to your lips, though I do. It amazes me that. And then the people that our legislators and dignitaries that get up for the two million dollars Ham breakfast.
Speaker 1: Four million le Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: Four million?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I also whoever bought it? Hey, who's your ham guy? Because I got it.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta tell you. I mean, when you go and you break some money because you get the lemon shakeup and it's in a ten ounce cup, and you look at him and you go and they're like eleven fifty and you're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I just wanted the lemon shakeup. It's lemonade, lemon sugar.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, because Ian, what theck got it?
Speaker 1: Ian was posting prices. Yeah, the pork pot on a stick is delicious, Yes it is. I love the pork button on a steak. I don't like the elephant ear with the like jih, that's cool, It's just like that's just coul you just it's not an actual elephant.
Speaker 2: Here as surprises.
Speaker 3: You buy ivory to Tony only for my ear rings.
Speaker 2: All right, here's surprises. Uh, this courtesy my buddy Ian from and Ian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just your buddy. I don't know. He's a coworker of ours for like twenty years, so at least my buddy Ian.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's co workers with you, guys. He's not your buddy. He's not buddy. Oh okay, oh he's.
Speaker 1: Much more one of the damn prices.
Speaker 2: I'll give him to you. I'm dangover. Oh all right, okay. So small corn dog, well this price is right. Everybody loses. Small corn dog nine dollars, large corn dog eleven.
Speaker 1: Dollars, by nine bucks for a corn doll.
Speaker 2: Chicken tenders fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: It's the state fair.
Speaker 2: French fries six dollars. Make of chili cheese fries for ten dollars. That's uh, Polish sausage, twelve dollars. Itali, you sausage. I can't notice that your system lives at sausages. I happen to heaven to tal you sausage.
Speaker 1: Thank you bad Tony Vanetti brought wears fourteen dollars.
Speaker 2: I know, fourteen dollars for a bront No, I'm sorry, that's twelve. The grilled chicken, grilled chicken breast is fourteen. Oh that's crazy, all right, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Because I asked the lemon shake up guy when I said, how are you just ten dollars? It's water, sugar and a lemon? I said, what are you talking about? He goes, dude, do you know how much I pay for the space?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't make a dollar until the ninth eight or ninth day. It's it's crazy because I don't make a dollar till I get to a day eight or nine. They're charging so much for that small little space on the whatever.
Speaker 2: Going back to let's finding that bloated body sneak and Deacon says, we used to recover bodies. He was on the dive team. He said they would put vics the nostrils.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's been texting some really creepy stuff he did when he was a cop and a secret service he has. Haven't you seen those last couple of days.
Speaker 2: No, I got him blocked.
Speaker 1: Oh good, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh talking about the dive training, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. Well they take their pocket knives in case you freak out.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't puncture your to try to get out of your suits, man, because there's chemicals and stuff and whatever. So they take all your sharp objects so if you panic inside that suit, you don't cut yourself out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh they get me extra knives.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Uh. We are all flying on Boeing planes every single day, Yes we are. And those damn astronauts are still on the International Space Station. They've been up there since June Une June. They were supposed to do like two days and come back.
Speaker 2: They're like, there's nothing to see.
Speaker 3: You're sure it's a helium leak, but they could come back at any time.
Speaker 1: I want to say this to those astronauts. Yeah, dude, you went on a Boeing you knew what you were getting into.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they're stuck there and here's the crazy thing. NASA's like, yeah, we don't know how to get him back.
Speaker 2: What do we need of the Russians again? Right there?
Speaker 1: It's right there. You can see it when it comes over your house at night. You're like, that's the International.
Speaker 2: Space Station right there. But how do you get them back?
Speaker 1: You send up another rocket and bring them back. There's got to be an escape pod.
Speaker 2: Right It's not like it's Battlestar Galactica.
Speaker 1: You have to have an escape pod.
Speaker 6: I have an idea. Remember on season seven, episode twelve of Galactica, they merely used their proton fasers to reintroduce a Tructor beam to earth.
Speaker 2: The ship that they used. The ship that they used is still there, only.
Speaker 6: The name of the ship they used as a falcon one day.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you? Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh So NASA is still trying to.
Speaker 2: Seem and Johnny was you got news? You got look?
Speaker 1: He says, look at my phone. I don't know, maybe there's breaking news.
Speaker 2: They may stay there until February when Elon musk Oh spacecraft goes to the is s S.
Speaker 3: February February, and that little tink, Oh my gosh. So they're lying about the severity of the helium league obvious obviously correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, and these two people, it's a male and a female, have been up there.
Speaker 2: I don't see gender. I just called it a matter of fast face, just to say astronaut. Yeah, I'd like to just breathe. Angele ass two ass uh? We have two ass stranded? Is it just the two of them up there on the ISS?
Speaker 1: Think so I got I hope not.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be the first space baby. Is it melon female?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Is it male and female?
Speaker 2: I don't Yeah, I don't see Jennerson sat. I need to look up. Are they hot?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, hang.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Eryin, I'm curious to know that too.
Speaker 2: That's that's Austin from w A. Yeah, he's gonna be doing the joke again. It's hard to do it weightlessness, like right in the middle of the space station, because there's nothing to get any you know, leverage on.
Speaker 1: Well, people go crazy up there. John Channon from the News.
Speaker 2: Sam and Johnny, Yes, Sam and Johnny.
Speaker 8: So the problem is they've got the helium leak. They've also got issues with the control thrusters on the Starliner craft itself. It's attached to the International Space Station and the two astronauts that went up there on it are living with the two astronauts currently assigned to the ISS, So I mean they've got supplies. But the problem is is Boeing has no current solution as a fix. So, like I said, like I texted you, they may have to wait until one of the falcon uh spacecraft from SpaceX comes up to.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 8: Like to answer your question, the male astronaut is sixty and the female astronaut is fifty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know it's an older guy because his name is Butch. Butch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But here's the thing. If it's if it's a helium league, are they talking like the Lollipop Guild.
Speaker 7: No, they use that.
Speaker 8: The helium leak is on the external part. It's what they use to control those thrusters to align the capsule when it comes back down so they don't burn up in space.
Speaker 2: I don't understand, though, it's just a free fall.
Speaker 1: Why can't they just they don't have a they don't have an escape pod or whatever they it can free fall.
Speaker 8: Even the escape pod that's assigned for the ISS has control thrusters on the outside because when it falls, it's not And here I go murping on you for you guys, it's a certain it has to be at a certain angle, and when it just releases from the space station, it's not in the right angle to come down where they needed to.
Speaker 1: Tom Hanks didn't need of.
Speaker 2: Course that woman from the movie that did it. I remember if they got a golden robot guy up there with him goes ooh, there seems to be an accident with.
Speaker 7: The Hans also had a volleyball too wrong movie.
Speaker 1: Thank you Johnny for the news Time for joke of the day, Austin from Montgomery.
Speaker 2: What do you go by on the air on w MS. Did you say Austin Montgomery or.
Speaker 10: Are you like I'm actually still trying to figure out my on air name, So I big figure over there is like I had this on Nick Coffee Show. He's trying to find me some sort of a radio name. I've gotten Austin on air. That's the one that I've drawn up so much, But I feel like that's so cliche.
Speaker 1: Everyone in Montgomery, it's that's your name radio. Yeah, you're talking, You're trying to make something cool.
Speaker 2: You're talking with the three most successful people that's ever cracked a mic and radio yeah, sure, and notice our names are Dwight Whitten, Tony Venetti.
Speaker 1: Let's pick up the phone. Call your dad, make sure we let him know that Austin Montgomery is just not cool.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, how about how about it hit you guys to do it? Okay, success journal, fake stupid name.
Speaker 1: No getting Austin Montgomery works.
Speaker 2: Get some of our band names there, Dwight grow here's some band names there. Well, okay, besides, Austin Montgomery. Doesn't that sound country? It does? That's a Texas town. It doesn't get more. It's Austin Montgomery. Welcome out to the show.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying it works.
Speaker 2: We want to thank scho And all right, here's some numb maybe you could be butt fumble like that one. And that's Clint Black Montgomery ninety seven five w A MZ new stuff from Clinton Black. This is but Fumble join w AMZ. It's got a good ring.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, this one's gona be pretty quick. But hey, fellas, you guys might like this. If you're religious. U Jesus once told on to John, come forth, and you will receive eternal life.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Hang on, John, onto John, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Take to Hey, fellas.
Speaker 10: Jesus said unto John, yes, come forth, and you will receive eternal life.
Speaker 1: That's the rule.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately John came fifth and all he got was a toaster.
Speaker 2: Lightly cloud over your head. That's cool.
Speaker 1: That'd be the last supper with the goes off. As ready.
Speaker 2: Sim's Furniture, Sam Furniture, Baby, that's what I'm talking about. Are you embarrassed about your couch? I was, Susan was, and now we got a new couch. And look, you're gonna love upgrading the furniture in your home. When you see the prices and you see the quality of furniture at SIMS Furniture, you're gonna be amazed. We're talking new dining rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, you name it, not to mention mattresses, appliance. Get your upgrade in your home today and you'll want to invite all kinds of guests over to see it. Treat yourself. And by the way, if you spend one thousand dollars or more at SIMS Furniture, they're gonna they're gonna throw in a free television, or, as Tony likes to say, a free flat screen television. Only at Sims Furniture, Dixie Highway, and also Preston Highway at the old Target Building Stick Around. Courdy Donahoe joins the show when we return News Radio eight forty whas Hello, Cody Dunnahoe.
Speaker 9: How are we today?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I've been better, Courtney, to tell you the truth, Yeah, he's been better.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: You don't want to give you a yes, but I'm always going to give you a great big hug no matter what. Every single day, I always.
Speaker 1: Do Well, there's more. There's usually a hug and there's a pause and then you just go hands.
Speaker 9: Step away.
Speaker 2: I hope it's better than the hug that when I come here and hugged Tony, he just stands there like a stupid Italian pencil and doesn't he put his arms around me and make this noise a stupid Italian pencil.
Speaker 9: Yeah, did you guys see on speaking of this, there's all these memes that are going on on online. Uh, it's these two guys who do all these HR songs.
Speaker 2: Did you see the.
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, they're so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh I have to I have to.
Speaker 9: I have to find it because I was like, I was literally laughing out loud. It's like they were doing something too. I want it that way, like talking about how if you touch somebody, and they're.
Speaker 1: Like till the door yep, They're like, the.
Speaker 9: Door is that way? Every single one. Oh, and there's like three of them that I've seen, and it's just all this whole entire parody. I'm gonna I'm gonna find it. I'll send it on to you guys, and then you guys could play it. They are so every single one. I was like the tears coming down my face about like all these workplace policies which we always ignore because oh.
Speaker 1: No, well I remember we actually the HR person was someone in your office and you could go down the hallway and go John, can you answer this? And they would have an answer. And then suddenly John wasn't there in his office anymore, and we're like, where's HR? And they're like, it's an icon on your computer.
Speaker 9: I consistently tell the guys who work with me, I'm like, just remember HR is always like it.
Speaker 1: Boy, Well, the thing is thank God for us because we're walking HR violation.
Speaker 9: Your show is an HR violation, no question.
Speaker 1: Too. Proud of you, boy, you.
Speaker 9: Could be You should get these guys on who are doing these hr songs.
Speaker 2: The truth coording. I think they keep this show around just as a cautionary tale to the other shows.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Go home and listen to episode seven and don't do any of this, none.
Speaker 9: Of this at all.
Speaker 7: But you know what it's like.
Speaker 9: Everybody's a fair target on your show.
Speaker 2: That's right. One say.
Speaker 1: We target ourselves more than anything.
Speaker 9: Well, you guys are so amazing.
Speaker 1: I love I love you all right, So the we're thinking the Feds probably could with inflation now to two point nine. Right, So now we're thinking the Feds maybe before the election, might drop a quarter point.
Speaker 9: Well, we're probably gonna see it in September because we just got a report earlier today. Not only do we get the consumer price data yesterday which is showing this trend of disinflation. That's good, this is what the Federal Reserve has been waiting for, but we're also seeing the economy holding relatively strong. So we got the latest reading on the consumer. Retail sales picked up in July, more than forecast. Car sales bounce back after that cyber attack on auto dealerships. Electronics and appliances also posted solid gains, but also can't forget about Walmart. They're a big barometer of growth. They're jumping and training. They raised their sales guidance, but listen to this. Lawn garden and seasonal products such as pool noodles, we're big standouts during the quarter. They actually highlighted pool noodles. They said, combining all the pool noodles that it's sold during the past quarter would stretch out to thirty thousand football fields.
Speaker 2: I think pool noodles are stupid.
Speaker 9: I think they're fun.
Speaker 1: You know, you suck water up on them and then you score them on people.
Speaker 2: No you do? Oh you do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: No, kind of a little lounger, you know.
Speaker 2: Just one noodle really yea.
Speaker 1: Plus, they're great ways to smack the money in ahead like that or five six feet away, so you don't have to get up, you just smack them in the head with it.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna rap with pull noodle.
Speaker 9: See. I don't understand why what you guys should do is you should have something like a fencing contest between the two of you.
Speaker 2: Tony would win. What are you doing?
Speaker 9: I think that it would be amazing both of you whacking.
Speaker 2: Each other with would your sister like to see.
Speaker 9: My guys are terrible all the How is the four hundred and ninety points yes and P five hundred rising one percent in the early trade with the news radio eight forty w h A s. Bloomberg, Bunny Report, Courtney's Donahoe.
Speaker 1: We used to have a David James on all the time when he was the lowly uh metro Council press.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the president of the council.
Speaker 1: Now he's like vice mayor and he's too good for us.
Speaker 2: No he's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's blowing us off.
Speaker 2: He's a busy man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not busy enough for the three best journalists in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Can I just say something on David james defense. What it can be intimidating to come in and speak with the three most respected journalists not in the world, but in the universe. Okay, I didn't want to break the news, but it's a universe.
Speaker 1: There a couple of journalists there in space.
Speaker 2: The US US Journalist Weekly just named this show. Let me get the article.
Speaker 1: Right here, No, no, save it for later, save forli Just the headline right here. Okay, just completely wrong.
Speaker 2: Imagine James, Imagine walking in the studio, never going, yeah, darning have a.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock. Are you do it now? James stiffness, are you ready to go on? We're going now, We're going now, We're going now, We're going.
Speaker 2: There, hot, coming on, hot, just do it. Waitka, we're live right now.
Speaker 4: We are live right now, just because Jordan's easy coming from you.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, all y'all go ahead and introduce yourself on the air.
Speaker 5: Jordano Sanker's Middletown fire MS.
Speaker 6: Brewing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Trellis Trellis like a Trellis like you know the trellis is from Connecticut. Oh yeah, this guy Frank and Barbara.
Speaker 1: Trum Jimmy is the youngest.
Speaker 2: Barbara Trellis is having some some rheumatory arthritis issues, so pray for her.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hijack this real quick.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were on Facebook the other day celebrating the life of one of your firefighters that had passed away. Will you please review that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, tragically, a couple of weeks ago, we lost start in a Christien Smith to a drowning accident at.
Speaker 5: Baron River Lake.
Speaker 4: He was with his crew that he works with, so it was even more dramatic for those guys. So since then we've been like, for some reason, every time I'm here, we talk about the family of the fire department, how big it is, and I think his lovely wife is just overwhelmed by the amount of support that has poured in. From the time the tragic accident happened. We have had State Police, Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, Bowling, Green Fire Department, Ashland Fire Department, Frankfurt. I mean, everybody has been at our door. The day of the funeral, we had Frankfort Fire Department offered to send fire trucks to cover our area to make runs in East Louisville.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was just tell me one thing about him.
Speaker 5: One thing about him.
Speaker 4: I think anybody listening that knows him would expect me to say his smile literally and most of the time when someone had to somebody, we always like say it kind of candid, but that is the truth. Like the dude smiled all the time. Little it was obnoxious. Honestly, we would joking about how he smiles all the time. He's a graduate of Fardel High School. We graduated together. Go bulldogs, he you. We heard people say over and over. Christian was a fireman's fireman, and that's so true, like, wow, the dude loves the fire department. He was assigned to our specialized rescue company, which is the cream of the crop.
Speaker 5: Those guys are top tier.
Speaker 4: That's a hand selected spot, so it's just not a spot that you fall into. And he was very proud of the work that he was able to accomplish and to go there. That exact group of people, they're the people that go on deployments when the worst and the worst happens. They were in Martin County when the building collapse. They were in Mayfield. You know, they go to all these disasters near and far, and that's what he eats, sleeped, and breathed. So the loss is tremendous, like any loss. You know, it's of course brought us together. You know, our chief spoke at the funeral and what would Christian want. Christian would want us to a continue to do what we're doing, helping the public, but just being a nice movie. We got kids, got three kids?
Speaker 1: How do we help with that? Real quick? Uh?
Speaker 5: That's why I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, yeah.
Speaker 5: Kaitlyn Colberg, which her brother is Derek Colberg, one of our captains, and I'm gonna let her take it away with from her company.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so obviously, like I again, like Jordan said, my brother's a firefighter. I've known these guys. I've grown up with these guys. I've known Jordan since I was like fifteen years old or something crazy. So of course hearing this news is just awful. So we opened Trellis Bearing Down in Smoketown less than two months ago. Chrellis is a community. It's community growth. That's kind of like why we named it Chellis to grow into the community, et cetera. And this is just a prime example of community is the fire department. I mean the word community and fire department go hand in hand. So since we opened and have been wanting to help the community, we wanted to do a fundraiser for Sergeant Smith. So next Tuesday, the twentieth, we're doing a Kentucky Common service. So every dollar from the Kentucky Common we'll go back to their fundraiser that they started.
Speaker 1: Wow, where exactly is it? What's the address?
Speaker 11: So it's eight twenty seven Logan Street. It's down and smokedown. It's right down the street from Logan Street.
Speaker 1: Market and what are you all besides brewing?
Speaker 11: It's beer, I zoome, Yes, so we brew our own beer. We have wine on tap, we all have cocktails on tap, we have non alcoholic drinks. We'll have a food truck that night. So hoping, you know, the more the marria, the more people that come, the bigger the the nation from the brewery will be back to the fire Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. And Jordan, you and I have been friends for years and you don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like him. Yeah, why every time he tells you stop? With the years and years then.
Speaker 2: Getting over relationshs pretty old there. But what I want to if I am saying too much, stop me. But you were talking about the family of the fire department family, the brotherhood, sisterhood of you men and women. How strong that is. And I wanted to give a testament to that, and stop me if I'm over speaking. I saw you at National night out. That's how I gained knowledge of this and said, come on in, let's help support. But you were actually on vacation and you had just parked your car at your destination on vacation.
Speaker 4: You know, So that is anybody who does this job, they have that exact same mindset, and one of the greatest parts of my current role is I get to highlight the work that our people do every single day, and being a firefighter is the best job in the world, hands down. Anybody listening disagrees, and they're wrong. But what comes with that job is things get interrupted. You know. The guys on that work still works shift for twenty four hour shifts, you know, depending on how their shift falls. Because we're such a tight knit group, there's always a rule of hey, if we if the shift falls on Christmas, guess what we're not taking off. We're doing together. It's not fair for Tony to be at his house with this family when I have to be here. That's just the mindset of our people and firefighters across the country. So to get back to what you were saying, Yes, I had just gotten to my vacation destination and the chief called and told me that news. Well, the role that I have, that ain't how it works. So I looked at my kid. She heard the phone ring. We're going home.
Speaker 2: So he packs up.
Speaker 5: That's what we do.
Speaker 2: He comes back, he doesn't even unpack because he just pulled to the driveway of his destination. But that's how honorable these men and women are in my eyes. At least he turns around, comes right back home. God bless you. I say, let's hit it one more time. It's next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That's Tuesday.
Speaker 11: Get Tuesday, August twentieth at Trelis Brewing down Logan Strew and.
Speaker 4: We want everybody, you know, as cool as Germantown is, come down there, pack this house. We want to make sure that the Smith family.
Speaker 2: Way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So well, besides the brewery donating, we'll have QR codes.
Speaker 5: Yes we have.
Speaker 4: I mean we have our Anchorage Middletown Membership Assistance Fund that is for our members when they're dealing with anything related to this. I'll get you all both the link. We'll have a few R codes at the event where you can scan and donate. We want to make sure that at least they're not worrying about anything monetary.
Speaker 1: I'm so, I'm I'm sorry that we were disappointed when you walk in the door.
Speaker 2: But that but God news for me.
Speaker 5: I even brought a true guest this.
Speaker 2: Folks. Listen, do you need a vacation right there in your own backyard? You got one? How about it? Baby? Southern comfort hot tub. My wife and I were on our hot ub just about every single night. You will be too. You want to reconnect with the one you love, you got it. It's just you and your loved one or loved ones in your Southern covered hot tub. There's no tablets, there's no phones, there's no televisions. That's how you reconnect. Plus, you're gonna sleep great after that massage. And if you think you can't afford a hot tub, I want you think again. How about this Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. That's right, sixty five dollars a month, and right now the end of summer sale has been continued. Hot tubs up to fifty percent off. We used twelve months, same as cash and it made everything easy. You're gonna love your Southern covered hot tub. Seventy five oh one Preston Highway. When we returned, it is, uh, what's what are we doing on Thursday? Cops? Rud baby, Yeah, that's rights. Rady forty whas