Speaker 1: Uh, hello, everybody, It's me Cecily Nobler here with Stephanie Wilder Taylor, and we are here talk about in just like that and just like that who which we were already cool enough to know that it was terrible, And now the world seems to have caught up with us. Why aren't you getting agitated by all these articles saying all the things we've already been saying, like no, duh, I'm in a bad mood. I should tell you that from the jump.
Speaker 2: Well, you being in a bad mood is only is only good for us, right right, it's only it's only helpful. Listen, this is objectively not a good show. The world, as you just said, is aware of it. So it's like it's almost.
Speaker 3: It's like we don't want to beat a dead horse.
Speaker 2: But there are so many things that were making me so mad that when I did find out that you weren't in like the greatest mood, I was so relieved, because I mean, listen, you love the show. You loved the show.
Speaker 1: I loved such show that he loved the I've seen every episode, no joke, fifteen times.
Speaker 3: If you ever had like what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Like a quiz like a like a pub quiz or something, and that was one of the categories, like a sex in the city. What do you call like a trivia thing? You want me on your team? I would win, I would win for you. But this is just like it's just so so fucked up this show, Like why why why?
Speaker 2: You and I have been talking about this and I guess it's for it's on our other show. Well no, it's it's on Rose Pricks, but it's for a different television show, which is The Valley. I believe The Valley is the one where we're just like, it's become Three's Company, right, right, right, Okay, this was Three's Company. This was the most threes company and oh my god, there's something coming. It is just like, oh my god, it's anesther misunderstanding. It's like way Jack trippers gay what like.
Speaker 3: Wait, Chrissy's pregnant.
Speaker 1: Remember the one when they're all in the bathroom and they literally do the glass on the wall and they overhear or something and they're like ah, and then like Jack puts his whole hand in his mouth or no, just quiet himself.
Speaker 3: Like why wouldn't you just be able to be quiet? Why do you have to put your whole fist in.
Speaker 2: Your mouth, mouth stop yourself because you otherwise you're gonna go crazy and say the.
Speaker 1: Thing because the Ropers are having a convert, like, what do you think missus Roper's pregnant.
Speaker 3: She can't get pregnant, Jack, It's just it's just a mess.
Speaker 1: And and oh my biggest and I don't even want to give it up yet because my biggest complaint about this, well, should I just tell you? Should I just like cut to it and then we'll come back to it, and before like, should I just tell you the woods thing that drove me the most crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes, I think you know.
Speaker 1: I said Duncan thought that her her book was amazing.
Speaker 3: It was un believable. What the fuck?
Speaker 2: It's none of the characters makes sense, nobody's consistent.
Speaker 3: There's so many problems.
Speaker 1: It's so many it's like, okay, it's like if a, I here's the thing. I was flipping channels the other day just to soothe myself. I'm tired of watching old Real Housewives episodes. I need something else, and I've kind of run out of staff. So I went over to that because sometimes I just have to stop working for like eight seconds and watch TV. You know, well, I eat my TV dinners. Things are good, you guys. I'm fine. So I'm flipping channels and Netflix has a show called and you probably see this.
Speaker 3: It is literally the worst show, worse than and just like that.
Speaker 1: It's called Building the Band, and I swear to god, it's like if AI made a show.
Speaker 3: It has it has the love, it has the voice.
Speaker 1: Where you hit the hit the thing, spin your chair around that like boom if you hear a song you like. It's also love is blind. It has the hallways with pods. Oh, it's making the band, just like making the mem but it's called Building the Band, which is even worse.
Speaker 3: Like that's that's such an AI title. Oh yeah, it's it's like a joke, like I can't believe and just like that is getting close to that. I mean, what is this?
Speaker 2: I really believe And we talked about this last time, and I have proof. I have proof this time. I really believe that Chachipt is writing this show.
Speaker 1: And well obviously and getting forgetting stuff as it does as it does, it gets things wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, so the world also, I sent you this on Instagram, but there's like a whole thing about the fact that Lisa's father already died and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yoh yeah we talked about that. Yeah, we talked about it. Now they all know now.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's crazy that they haven't, like what corrected it? And did you read the thing that I sent you, which is that they tried the show, tried to say like, oh yeah, that was her stepdad, that's the ticket, the one that died the time before we did. We didn't say it, but it was her other It was a different.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a that's a good save. I mean, that's the what else are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I mean, why not? I would do that. I would say that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was the guy who raised her. But remember the theater guy, he's crazy. He was often his love was the theater. Is missus roper kreignant? Or does she have prostate cancer?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 3: She can't have prostate cancer? And I love that. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: There's so many like I have so many macro notes about it. But the other thing that's so annoying is that they're really trying to lean into like everybody is so rich. You've you've just never been around people this rich. I don't believe. I don't remember that it being like the Real Housewives of Dubai right before was it was everybody just stupid rich definitely wasn't.
Speaker 1: Carrie wasn't that was She lived in a studio, was a struggling writer and always constantly like kind of struggling a little bit, I mean, not terribly, but yeah, people were kind of rich, but they worked hard. Miranda was a lawyer, Samantha was a publicist. Charlotte married people.
Speaker 3: You know, they had money, they had money.
Speaker 1: But I think what you're responding to is like, well, yeah, Carrie now has big money, and that's bizarre.
Speaker 3: And it's never there's never a moment we're but and Charlotte has insane money.
Speaker 1: They're all just like this, Harry I got money, Tray and Harry's got money. But let me just say this, You're an episode seven of this season and never once as she walked by like an old picture of big and like kind of looked at it and been a little felt something.
Speaker 3: No, we never hear about him.
Speaker 1: She's so mean too, I sent I've been sending stuff any clips of like just mean Carrie moments from just like always.
Speaker 3: She's just mean. She's meaning this episode too.
Speaker 1: She's the meanest. Oh my god, she's so mean to Miranda. She's genuinely abusive. Now, I will say Miranda was also used to be kind of abusive of Carrie. They have a very toxic relationship. Yeah, and she and Miranda used to be terrible too, and she was like very very controlling and whatever. But like the way that Carrie talks to her and always has.
Speaker 3: Is just bizarre.
Speaker 1: Like I sent you the one where she broke her hip and okay, yes, Miranda got drunk and like got fingered by Chay.
Speaker 3: In the kitchen. Uh huh. And then she's like, what are you doing? I pat myself, Like, girl, I've.
Speaker 1: Had a crazy I've had a heart surgery and I was able to get out of bed very slowly and go to the bathroom. Yeah, you don't have to beat yourself, and if you do, it's not the end of the world either, bitch.
Speaker 3: And it's also not Miranda's fault.
Speaker 1: No, she was like hooking up in the kitchen with Hey, it was she's fault. You know what we need right now? What I need right now to calm down, dude, I need to calm down. I could use some guy, I could specifically use some via gummies, which we love.
Speaker 2: We love Via gummies where I would I would honestly say we're a little obsessed with them. John is particularly obsessed with them. That's my husband, My husband John. He loves Viya gummies. He he is a repeat customer and he really likes the ones with actual THHC in them, but also like for sleep.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like those two. I like the two and I do the one split them in half. Some of them have five milligrams. I go to two point five and that's absolutely perfect for me. But if you're somebody who wants more, they go all the way up to one hundred milligrams.
Speaker 3: We fight something that's a good hume.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you how you can get them if my uh, I'm going to tell you right now is what I'm going to do. If you're want over, we check out the link to Viya in our description and use the code rose Pricks to receive fifteen percent off free shipping on orders over one hundred dollars. And if you're new to Baya, you get a free gift of your choice after you purchase. They're going to ask where you heard about them. Please support our show. That's Rose Pricks, that's us. Tell them that we sent you. Enhance your every day with a vaya and let me spell that just in case it's b ii A.
Speaker 3: Write it down and order yourself.
Speaker 1: By the way, they're super affordable and accessible, like they're easy to get, like from the mails when your twenty one, So go try them out.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for? All right?
Speaker 2: So we open this episode, episode seven with Carrie knocking on Duncan's door. We're gonna get We're gonna hit the ground running with horribleness.
Speaker 1: Would you know that I love Duncan. A lot of us do, A lot of us feel this way. We like Duncan. Yeah, but he yeah, he opens the door. Why is she?
Speaker 3: Oh, because she's having a party and she wants to tell him why this isn't the part yet.
Speaker 2: No, No, she's just she's she knocks on his door and says, I hate you. Oh right, She's gonna tell him this is the beginning. She's like, I hate you and he's like, well, I'm going to need a little more explanation of that, a little context because he's very British, very British, and I always feel like I'm watching Annie when he's on there.
Speaker 3: I love him so much, I really do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna do more of an Adele finks so much for reading my books so much.
Speaker 3: I love Duncan.
Speaker 2: I love him, I know, so okay, but his character is very inconsistent.
Speaker 3: So she's She's like, your first chapter was thrilling. It was published Margaret Thatcher published. Yeah, it was all about.
Speaker 2: Margaret Thatcher and it was so good and how how am I going to be able to like, have you read mine?
Speaker 3: Now? Yeah? Yeah, And this is what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I was like, good call Carrie, because I don't think he's going to be that impressed with your The.
Speaker 3: Woman lifted her petticoat and showed the man her petunia flower like a woman looked out.
Speaker 1: The window and thought, maybe this is this rock is going to stay like the worst writing in the world last time, and I think we should do it again. I should turn to my friend chat GBT and see if it can come up with a better thing than what we had.
Speaker 3: In fact, I'm going to do that. You should. You should. It's just so her book is so bad, it's so pos like.
Speaker 1: The worst thing and It could have been so interesting within this context because there could have been an interesting platform where she really can't write fiction. You know, some people can't. Chuck Closterman, for example, great writer, one of my favorite writers, can't write fiction. He tried, he gave it the old college try.
Speaker 3: Didn't work. For whatever, it just was not good. Maybe that could be Carrie.
Speaker 1: And then he's embarrassed because he's like, now could and that would be wouldn't that be an interesting episode?
Speaker 2: So much more interesting? I would love that. I would love that. Remember that movie it was really not a good movie, but it was with Julia, it was with Ulie Louis Dreyfus.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's something like tell me I'm sorry. It's like you hurt my feelings and I literally called you hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: Yes, But the plot, which was it didn't turn out to be a great book, but the what it was supposed to be where her husband doesn't think her new book is good, which I thought was a great idea for a book, like what do you do? What do you do if like your significant other.
Speaker 3: Is like oof? A thin premise, I have to say. And it was not a good movie.
Speaker 1: All right, here we have we got it, I said, please write me A terrible opening to an eighteen hundred's novel. M It was a moist. It was a moist and confusing morning in the village of people Shire upon tweed and young bartholow knew Higglebottom awoke, as he often did, tangled in his own cravat and wondering whether the distance sound was thunder cannon fire or is Aunt Mildred's indigestion. The fog rolled in like a clammy sigh from God himself, and the cows go silent, seemed to disapprove of something unspeakable.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm might to say.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say that that is like a hundred times better and more interesting and colorful than.
Speaker 1: Carrie's novel, like Carrie in and just like that. Yeah, okay, let's see what he says about that. I think I spelled some things wrong, though he's not going to totally understand. He's thinking. They say New York is the city that never sleeps, But lately I've been the one laying awake at three am, scrolling through my past. Oh my god, at thirty five, I was worried about finding the one At fifty five I'm just worried.
Speaker 3: I already did. Now I have to find myself again. Well, we found the writer. We found the writer. I love one. And just like that, I started to wonder.
Speaker 1: You know, a woman who's lived through three decades of heartbreak, brunch and big still be swept off from Manolo's by something as foolish and beautiful as dot dot dot.
Speaker 3: Hope. I mean, that's still better than what we're getting. It really really is.
Speaker 2: And this this had everything that I hate h And I really really really feel strongly that I hate Charlotte's kids. No, I take that back. I like Rock, but Lily is one of the worst characters. Why would they make Charlotte have such an atrociously behaved child.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but they did. They sure did.
Speaker 1: And well she's supposed to be just like a fussy teen, you know, but like being Chelsie.
Speaker 2: Teen, she's a bitch. She's horrible, and she's a narcissist. And I'm sorry, but like regular people's kids don't behave that. They're not that narcissistic, even teenagers. That it's such a caricature of like, oh, goad, she's just a teen she's teening, so So the scene is Lily sits up in bed and she's looking at her phone and she screams and Charlotte goes running in. And Charlotte in every scene is what she's wearing, gloves like. She's always like, I've just I'm a nineteen fifties housewife and I've just been cleaning with gloves on.
Speaker 3: I'm just doing the dishes or scrubbing a floor. Or don't you work.
Speaker 2: At an art gallery you have some kind of life. Why are you always home with gloves on?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So Lily goes, diego broke up with me, and then we're gonna We're gonna, Well that was.
Speaker 1: Kind of funny, I will say that, Anthony. You know, that was kind of their reactions of like, yeah, I mean a little bit funny. They don't they're saying it without saying it, which was I don't hate the way that they're handling it. It's you know, supposed to be like, oh, I don't care if he has another boyfriend whatever. And Anthony's sort of silently like, good luck, babe, And that is a little bit funny.
Speaker 3: And so okay, they broke up. They broke up, and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to deal with it all episode Anthony.
Speaker 3: Then it cuts.
Speaker 1: It's cutting because the editors can't stay on one scene for more than five seconds. We cut straight to Anthony and Joseppe has a big dick that we see.
Speaker 3: He's carrying his big piece of bread. He's got a big dick.
Speaker 2: You get it.
Speaker 3: That's the joke, big day. Yeah, it's like, we get it, we get it. Writers like the oh, I know.
Speaker 1: And then they're all just discussing Lily's breakup as though that's what they I mean, Look, is that really what you'd be talking about. Carrie doesn't even have kids. She doesn't want to talk about Lily's breakup, honestly.
Speaker 2: Probably, No, she definitely, she definitely does not want to be talking about that. Nobody wants to be talking about that. No, Yeah, so's talking about their old breakups.
Speaker 1: Right, and that carry was love bombed did and I didn't even know what that was? All that they have to throw in every term there is yeah today.
Speaker 2: When I was in high school, it reminds me of this who cares? Okay, So then Anthony walks in and we find out, I know.
Speaker 3: If you know this, he's gay? Did you know that Anthony is gay? He's very gay and a wall chop chop. Let's get the dicks and the bread and the bread and the dicks. I said what I said.
Speaker 2: Welcome to dic do. It's my business. I love a baguette that looks like a big and I'm carrying it around. It's kind of looking like it's coming from between my legs, like a big penis. Because that's all gay guys care about is just penises. It could this, it could any of this be more on the nose and offensive in some ways.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wish they would talk about some of the things that some of my friends talk about, which is like you're a little bit of a charlotte in these ways. I don't know if I can tell you, Oh really, yeah I can. I will, But like I just learned, Okay, you know that there's like a bossy bottom and a power bottom, right, you know the difference.
Speaker 3: Between a bossy bottom and a power bottom.
Speaker 1: I feel like our bottom is like, yeah, like an agent, he's like successful, but he's a bottom, okay, and a bossy bottom is just like just super sassy for no reason, kind of twinkish okay, okay, which is okay, But then I just learned a new term, and it's not what you think. So when I say it it's messy bottom, it doesn't mean like it's gross or anything like that. Okay, it's a bottom who's like always got drama. And I'm like, well, how is that different than a bossy bottom, right, BOSSI isn't the drama doesn't really come out. He's just like he's just difficult. But messy bottom you're always having to like be like.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's okay, No, they don't hate you like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Anyway, I'm learning, and I wish that like that could be a conversation on the show that fun.
Speaker 3: I know, I know that would.
Speaker 2: Be really really fun. But instead we find out that Anthony is nervous because Giuseppe's mom is coming from Italy. And this is what I wrote. We have enough main characters in the show to keep the storylines within the fucking show. Why why do we have to go to storylines in every episode about people we don't give a fuck about. Listen, we barely knew Giuseppe was on the show, but now we're gonna have a whole episode of Giuseppe's mom.
Speaker 3: Why correct?
Speaker 2: Last episode was all about Lisa's stepdad or real dad or some dad who died for the second time. Now one episode later, you couldn't keep it about the people who are on the show.
Speaker 3: Maybe inside characters.
Speaker 1: Yes, so now let's because we got a lot to get so Lily won't get out of bed. She's were back there and she says or whatever. Charlotte says. She's like, Oh, I don't know how to handle this. Lily's the easy one. How has Lily ever been the easy one?
Speaker 3: Every while?
Speaker 1: Didn't that offend you? How is Rock not the easy one? Just because Rock is like, oh my god, on binary? I know, I wrote a whole paragraph about this. I was like, have the writers met these characters that they wrote? Did somebody totally different start writing this and go, well, Lily is the easy one? No, she's never been the easy one. Charlotte had to go bring condoms to her in the middle of a snowstorm. Did we forget about that? Oh god, She's never been the easy one. She's ungrateful, She's constantly yelling at Rock. Yes, she's super awesome. And I know that they sort of overdid like the okay, you know, but it like it makes sense for the age that Rock is. Rock's figuring shit out and it's actually really fun and cool, and it's kind of rude and kind of rude to say that that's not the easy one just because they're like LGBTQ, I completely one hundred percent agree with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, how could they get that so wrong?
Speaker 2: Okay, So then then Joseepie walks in with his mom right right, and she's of course has to be completely over the top. She's going to have so many lines in this episode. I really think that the mom has more lines than like Carrie in this episode, which is just so weird.
Speaker 3: So we have to.
Speaker 2: Learn, which will never need to know again, that this the mom's originally from Buffalo, who cares. She's kind of a bit she's a little phony. Then she makes a comment she sees the other a different guy from the place, and she's like, oh, he's gorgeous. That must be your boyfriend. Then she sees Anthony and she's like, uh right, and it's just and then there's our first three's company roll threes company moment where he's like, well, the you know, somebody helped me with this plant because any minute now, Giuseppe's psychiatrist. Mom is gonna come and irritate me?
Speaker 1: Yes, hello, no, no, no, no, this is what my friend. I have a friend who's and we all have friends who are writers. But he used to write like a bunch of TV stuff or whatever. His joke is always the like the Gilligan Island, the Gilligan's Island thing. He'd always just be like, I'm not gonna wear a dress, Skipper, I'm not gonna wear a dress, Skipper, He's gonna dress and it always makes me laugh every time. And so he got to the point where he could just go literally, he didn't have to say the other part, I won't wear a dress, Skipper, I'm not gonna do it literally that fast. I mean, we don't even know what it went in between those times, Like how did you get him to do it right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That would be me in the writer's room, the one woman that they made higher in the nineteen six fifties, sixties.
Speaker 3: Well, let's how do we get in the dress? How does he fit in the dress? Even little.
Speaker 1: Mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So Carrie and Miranda are walking down the street and Carrie's like, I want to have a party for Charlotte to.
Speaker 3: Cheer her up.
Speaker 2: She really needs to have some fun right now. So of course Miranda's like, oh, well, what do you mean? Yeah, okay, going on, And Carrie's like, hmmm, I don't know, Yeah, she's okay, And Miranda's like what, wait, are you sure? Because Miranda really is like the only grounded character on this show.
Speaker 3: Kind of not even I wouldn't even say she is at this point.
Speaker 2: But kind of more than the other ones. She's less over the top in her and more realistic in her in her like reactions. So She's like, well, wait, is she are her kids okay? And Carrie's like, yes, her kids are.
Speaker 3: Great, okay. She's trying to get her to guess.
Speaker 2: Well, is Harry okay? And She's like, oh my god, yes, Harry is fine. Her dog has cancer. Okay, your dog has a tumor.
Speaker 3: He's dying. He's dying of a tumor. Why would you say that?
Speaker 1: That is so the dumbest fucking And let me also point something out here that you we might have missed when she says like, I wanted through Charlotte a party whatever, and then Miranda's like, I'll do it at my house. And Carrie is so passive aggressive, and she goes, h yeah, my house is bigger.
Speaker 3: I want to do a pretty big party, like you are such who are you? God? She's awful.
Speaker 1: Why is Miranda still friends with her after the way she treated her? You're an alcoholic just screaming at her all the time. Yes, and then Charlotte just sent her a book about alcoholism and she just got sober and we never talked about it again.
Speaker 3: Reilly never dog uh is dying. She had to add that he's dying.
Speaker 2: And then she's like, but don't say anything to her because she's having a heart.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: It is Were you cringing during all this? Were you just like yes, oh my god. So we're just going to set up more misunderstandings.
Speaker 3: What show is this? None of them is real?
Speaker 1: Didn't make any sense. That's not how people are. No one would act like that. Of course you would tell her your best friend, Miranda, who you yell at all day about Harry.
Speaker 3: Of course you would. Of course. So here would be a better storyline.
Speaker 2: I'll fix it for them, like okay, So Carrie finds out and she knows she's not supposed to tell, but she can't help herself because now Carrie needs support. Now Carrie's like, I don't have anyone to talk to about it, So I'm going to talk to my other best friend, Miranda. But I'm going to tell Miranda. Please don't say anything, because I wasn't supposed to tell you, but I had to tell somebody, right, That should be kind of the theme of it is that they do just yes, is that they do tell each other because they're feeling some kind of way about it. Not that they make up a store like a stupid cover story.
Speaker 3: It's just insulting.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, let's okay, So Seema, now I didn't hate this as much as you might think. She's now kind of like doesn't have as much money anymore. So she's got to get her lashes done like the rest of us. Not that I do lashes, but I've been to places like that for other things, and you're like, are you.
Speaker 3: Sure this is? Is this clean? You know, like you know I've gone to that person. I know that exactly. I felt that.
Speaker 1: I felt that moment, and so you know, you get what you paid for. She's getting her lashes done and then of course she got pink eye or whatever. I'm not totally sure what went wrong, but it didn't go right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although, yeah, okay, I mean it was fun. Well, we're gonna say, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I was just gonna say that, like, I don't love the idea that Seema goes from like having so much money she's just dripping in money to like she like is broke now she didn't have any savings.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, she's trying to save the savings.
Speaker 2: That well, that that's just not how people save their savings. They don't just start going to like sketchy places to get their eyebrows done. I mean, we might just in general because we're not used to only going to like the best places. Now.
Speaker 3: I have to say, this was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: I liked this moment because I like the guy playing whoever was doing the lashes, because she's just like, now she's poor. She used to have a driver, and she's like, now I had to take two buses and like the subway whatever.
Speaker 3: He's like, why don't you just take an uber? Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: But that was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: It was like he was basically saying what we're saying to the writers. You guys are way overdoing it. She doesn't have to like take nine subway stops right into like a bad part of town. Like He's like, you put it, honestly, for like ten bucks to take an uber.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: That is the somewhere in between not having a Mercedes and a driver and having to take nine buses, right, So okay, So then Miranda, oh, she invites Joy to the birth a party.
Speaker 2: Right So they're sitting on the couch and she's like, were we come to Charlotte's birthday party?
Speaker 3: And Joy?
Speaker 2: Right away? I don't I know you really like Joy? I just I don't get it. She's so negative. She's just immediately always like, oh no, I don't really want to.
Speaker 3: Well, but but.
Speaker 2: See the thing is that Charlotte's dog has cancer. And then she's like, oh, oh, well you buried the lead. I like dogs. I don't like children. I hate children, and if I see a child, I'll just go crazy and.
Speaker 3: Be stump them. Now, in England, stamp means kiss, So we've already right there. We've got a little bit of what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: They always have somewhere and old. They have some dumb words. An old Dumbledore. That's what we call it there. It's a dumbless you call it a misunderstanding. So I say I see a child, I will stomp the child. But I mean to you is I will hug the child like I mean, I like Joy because like I relate to Joy. But yeah, she is a little like not that I don't like it, but she's just a little like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if there's a she's an introvert.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like small talk, she doesn't want bullshit, and I'm here for her, okay, And she's chine and I like her for Miranda because she's smart, I just like the Brits do.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, I don't hate her and I'll take I'll give you this. She is way more like down to earth than normal. Like she's not a cartoon. I can't have any more cartoons. Every other character honestly, besides, like Miranda and Joy are cartoon characters. Everybody, the kids, even Rock Rock is better than Lily, but still like a cartoon, like an exaggerated like so woke, you know, and maybe not in this episode, but it makes me really mad because I just need somebody to be a little bit grounded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, I'm here for me. That's joy. But okay, all right, we got but she's not on the show enough.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, Like that freakin' Anthony's boyfriend's mom has Okay, speaking of we go to Anthony. He is speaking on the phone on one of those like it's it's a phone in the shape of a baguette, a wired phone, so it's got the spiral cord.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that? I did not? And I'm really I wish you hadn't told me.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's so eighties and crazy, and like, who why would you have a like a joke phone?
Speaker 3: Because he's do that though. He's the doe of dicks. He's the dick of does I know brand Stephanie? Oh my guy, he loves the bread Dix. He he loves them. So he's obsessed.
Speaker 2: He's talking to Carrie and he's like, oh my god, just Steppe's mom hates me.
Speaker 3: And then it.
Speaker 2: Turns out, for no fucking reason, that Carrie is going out for dinner with Gia.
Speaker 3: Gia mom.
Speaker 1: Let me say this, just say, Carry is the worst friend that anyone's ever had. She has shown this every single year and this goes all the way back to beginning. She's the worst, and that's so rude. And she's doing it because she's trying to pick her brain. Remember you thought it was the mom inviting Carrie. I thought it was like, oh, she really took a liking to me. No, Carrie wanted to pick her brain. It seemed like that was another missed opportunity or a misinformation from the writers, because they made it seem like, oh, I just really liked Carrie. I'd like to take her out. No, Carrie was the one with the questions. Yeah, like, hey, how do you navigate all this? She doesn't care about her friend Anthony. No, I don't care about anybody. She didn't care about Burger. She can't care about Aiden. None of us care about Aiden. Now, I'm kind of like, are you mad that everyone hates Aiden as much as we do now? Because now it was like our thing. It was our thing, and now everybody's like caught up with the ick, and we're like, no, we had the ick fifteen years twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: With this, we just to remind people.
Speaker 2: And everybody's rolling their eyes now because they're like, we know, special lady, but if you really could understand how much. Eslie and I sat on the phone and were like, oh my god, special lady.
Speaker 3: It's like nails on a chalkboard.
Speaker 1: Who talks like that. We started calling each other that. Yes, that's why we call each other specih in case you're new to the thing. That's how much we didn't like aiden. I told you I'd argue with people back in the day and they're like, you just never choose the nice guy.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, he's not.
Speaker 1: He's passive aggressive, there's something wrong with him, and he's gross and he.
Speaker 3: Wears turquoise jewelry. Yeah, I don't like him, and wears.
Speaker 1: Like weird fringe like like jackets with like fringe like swede jackets.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, and calling anybody a special lady, you might as well be in like cool in the gang, like Stosh the lady.
Speaker 1: These special floors. We could get maried, all right. Yeah, now let's see what happens. So, yeah, they go to their dumb Did they have this dinner or does she just telling him I'm going to dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she's just saying she's going to go to dinner. Because the next scene is she's at dinner with Teresa g a gelato yianti and oh my god, and I just wrote I was like, I can't believe Giuseppe's mom is going to be a main character through this whole episode.
Speaker 3: Why, yes, for sure?
Speaker 2: I mean, how about another scene with Carrie and Duncan, how about anything that lands us in that anchors us into caring about anything with the.
Speaker 3: Show and like a little love and a little romance.
Speaker 1: But nope, So they have to have a conversation and she's like, how did you do it like with other, with your other your step kids or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, first don't forget that Giuseppe's mom has to tell us. You know, when I was like a girl, like twenty one and I met Giuseppe's father, you know, he was much older. And this is never going to really even play back except that for no reason, she's judgmental about age differences, even though she's like when we met, he was fifty and I was twenty one and that. So she's all gleefully say that, like how she's attracted to older men, But then she's going to be mad later that Anthony's older, right, It's just a weird thing. So that's when she's like, yeah, by the way, his teen children hated me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like a year ago. She's like, well, how do you navigate that? And then she's like, well, it's kids, and we'll just one of them wyatt. And then she has this advice like, don't waste your years specifically five years.
Speaker 2: Don't waste five years trying to be something you're not be yourself.
Speaker 1: But nobody talks like that, and also like she's not not being herself except for when she went to the weird farm, which, by the way, we already knew she doesn't like the farm she went. He bought like a cabin back in the day, and she would try to go and then she was like, listen, I can't come out here anymore. Remember the squirrels character of those all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, even though and eggs were like thirty dollars or something.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I don't know, but it was so remember she made some anth come out and she's like, no, I don't want And then she comes out and she sees like a farmer with his shirt off, and she's like, who's that. Mama needs some sugar, goes over and like, gets, do you have any sugar, I'm baking a pie. I mean it was pretty bad too, but somehow I liked it then because at least they were fun to look at, made more sense.
Speaker 3: So okay, So now Charlotte, So then Carrie.
Speaker 2: Is like, speaking of like, you know, I don't want to be just like a total narcissistic come through this whole thing. So listen, by the way, Anthony, he's so great, he's really really loving. And she's like, oh, well, maybe I have maybe I had them wrong. And Carrie goes, well, how do you have them? And she's like, I just I don't even want to say. I can't say.
Speaker 3: Are we?
Speaker 2: So okay, oh does it? Does this mean that we're going to get another episode because it doesn't get cleared up in this one?
Speaker 3: Are we going to.
Speaker 2: Multi episode arc about Giseeppi's mom? Yeah apparently, yeah, yep, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't, I can't now.
Speaker 1: So Charlotte goes, uh, oh, this is another stupid shit. So she goes to burg Dwarf's and Charlotte she's like, Harry, is that you and you know we all know what's happening. Obviously he's gonna he's buying her something for he fucking party, like right, and then she's like chasing him. He run, He sees her and runs because that's what you would do.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: Then for a second you are kind of like, who the fuck is this? Check? For one second, literally one second, I know, but it's it is weird. I'd be annoyed.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this, if I were Charlotte, I would be annoyed that there's some woman that he is close to that works for him, that he spends time with, that he's never mentioned, of course for me, but also also.
Speaker 2: The context though, first of all, we've had several scenes with Charlotte in this exact spot in the store, so which tells me is she just always per shopping because it is the poorer section of the store. They I understand that they have limited sets to work with, but like, is that Charlotte's character now she's just constantly buying new purses.
Speaker 1: Somebody pointed out in an episode a few weeks this was like in an article that Sima was eating an ice cream cone and that the ice cream cone never moved. It like was so clearly plastic licking a plastic ice cream cone that had no like nothing to it. It was like, like you would have for like your doll, like you'd have a fake one in your child for real, people like Freeze framed it and it was just a plastic ice cream cone, right, are we.
Speaker 3: Just are you just fucking with us? They are?
Speaker 1: I mean this, can't they have money? It is HBO Max, It's Warner Brothers, Like what.
Speaker 3: You I don't get it. I don't know. So also then I did.
Speaker 1: I thought the lady was a little flirty. I thought she was kind of flirty with him. I didn't like her.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess, but I think that was literally supposed to just throw us off.
Speaker 3: The trail, right.
Speaker 2: And then she's like, and who talks like this? The shopper Bonnie says, oh, you're so brave. Why is he brave because he's out at a store?
Speaker 3: Right? And then she's Maddy and she's like, why did you tell?
Speaker 1: So she knows, which is a fair point. She can't tell any of her friends. But then this random lady Bonnie another character we're adding in anyway.
Speaker 2: Yep, So yeah, it should have just been like a friend of I don't know something, he has a personal shopper, he's that fucking rich.
Speaker 3: I just wrote No, it's not that he's that rich. He's trying. I just wrote it. He's insane, Like he's like, I don't know what to get you. I'm just a big dumb guy. I'm the dumb boy. If I just looked my own devices, I'd get you another Van Cleef dog pin. I'm a dumb boy. So I need to be deb So you don't know your wife at all, also.
Speaker 1: At all two kids with her and you've been married a long time, and you can't just look around the house and see goes like, oh, she likes these weird crystal swans.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll get her something like that.
Speaker 1: She seems to like a burbery scarf, Like it's not that hard.
Speaker 3: Get a beautiful get a painting of Richard Burton, She's love that.
Speaker 1: Like a cute framed picture, yes, of the dog or of your kids, or like there's a billion things you could do, right, a nine trillion you don't have to go to.
Speaker 3: That's just so dumb.
Speaker 1: And it's a callback to when Richard member Samantha's boyfriend, her boss, he did that, he was giving her all these gifts and then she found out that he had a personal chopper and she was like.
Speaker 3: She doesn't even think of me, Like he's not even he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't even know me. It was a whole It was a whole thing. There's literally not a storyline they have not trotted back out. So that's what that was. I think, how many times is there gonna be like, oh no, you didn't buy this, your personal shopper did.
Speaker 3: Now we've done that twice. Now, guys, it's too much. It's too much. I don't know. Yeah. So then so then Seema come.
Speaker 2: Over to Carrie's house and Adam the Gardener's there for no reason.
Speaker 3: This is very cute. Can I just say, let's give a little.
Speaker 2: Not honestly, I swear to God his anti hot. He's so am I just dirty looking. I think he's so cute. He looks like he's a little eagle rock. He looks like an alcoholic. Oh well, then there's like a mess.
Speaker 3: I think he's hot.
Speaker 1: No, Clip Duncan looks more like an alcoholic than Adam.
Speaker 2: Duncan is one hundred times cuter than that guy who just think they're both really cute, if I may, And that's just we're just agree to disagree on this one.
Speaker 1: I think he's got some charm. He's got a little, he's got a little, he's got a little.
Speaker 3: Some I just got a little. He's some stuff.
Speaker 2: As I said in these two, I don't believe. I don't believe the Adam Sema flirtation at all. They're trying too hard to push their Samantha agenda. I don't buy it.
Speaker 1: I don't buy their chemistry. But I do think he's cute. And I do think that. You didn't hear me say he's called some stuff, you know what I'm talking about the Irish wig, and he's like some stuff.
Speaker 3: That's what I love. So I say that all the time, and I do. I do think he's all right.
Speaker 1: All right, So Stema has an eyelash issue. Nobody cares cute. I just wrote cute Adams inside.
Speaker 3: Well, they're planting this thing.
Speaker 2: So she's saying like that her eyelashes are molting off or something. So they have this little thing where Adam like he's like, I got it, I'll pull it off of you.
Speaker 3: And she's being a bitch, because she always is.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, your hands are dirty, don't do dirt, dirt, Why don't you just get out of here?
Speaker 3: Why aren't you fixing her garden? I don't understand, Like, so is that supposed to be a practice? Dan?
Speaker 1: He doesn't want the push pull. She feels things she doesn't feel she should feel. So get out of here, kid, get out of here before you make thing this messy for me and eyelashes. That's what she's doing, pushing him away. Right, It does deep, but it's going to get deep anyway. So he's like, what evs He's not in any way like flustered by anything.
Speaker 3: He's that guy right, right, So.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be a really sexy moment because he like pulls off her eyelash and then he like blows on it.
Speaker 3: He's like, right, I liked it.
Speaker 1: I liked it if it worked for me. I mean, it's better than anything else we have, better than Aiden. I'll just say that. I mean, that's what the whole show is supposed to be. It's better than Anthony Anthony.
Speaker 3: Should we break here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, let's finish this scene because I think this why I thought we're done a bit more. Well, they have that weird conversation. I just already's hitting on her, and Carrie sees it, and she's like hmm, what's all that? And seems like it's nothing, So that's kind of just we'll leave it there, but just to kind of end that scene, and yeah, let's break for part two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but remember that, Carrie. It's nothing. I mean, Seema, it's nothing. It's nothing. But get up here at your child. Your child.
Speaker 1: You don't know from a menopuzzle woman, You'll never be able to bring me what I need out of life.
Speaker 3: How much money do you have? Nothing? You have nothing.
Speaker 2: I shan't be taking a taxi cab, a taxi cab.
Speaker 3: You say, I don't know dirt, get out there and fix the garden.
Speaker 1: And Carrie just like allows that to happen, like doesn't even say anything like, hey, don't talk to my help like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that would be problematic too if she was like, please don't talk to the help that.
Speaker 3: Way at all. Please don't. He's doing something else.
Speaker 1: I don't know why he's inside, to be honest, but yeah, let him get out of here.
Speaker 3: You gorgeous boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I look at you, if I look at you, I'll never be able to stop looking never ever.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a good place to end it. Okay, please come back in a few minutes for part two. We're just getting warmed up. We're just getting there all right.
Speaker 2: Bye bye