Speaker 1: Check podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 3: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing.
Speaker 4: With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled.
Speaker 2: Egg and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 5: Now are you gonna go on the couch at eight o'clock tonight? Sits down and let's put it in.
Speaker 2: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock in downtown Vancouver or the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly and the team on Check. Don Taylor along with Rick Dellywall, Ryan Henderson as our producer. He's a man of the controls. Our director. The voice of God is Derek won. How are you.
Speaker 5: Oh, we need a ten hour show today? Two's not gonna do it. It's not gonna do it, Donny.
Speaker 1: A lot has happened since Friday. Cannock wise, they played a couple of games and right after our show. We're not long after our show, and they made a couple of traits. We want to get into all of that during the course of the show. By the way, one of the people that one of the players the Canucks acquired, Philip Headl, very impressive yesterday. His agent Quinn Hughes, Les Petterson Tyler Myers. He also represents them. JP Berry is going to join us at the bottom of the hour, so you can look forward to that. Let's go back to Friday, though, and we'll get to the Cannock game last night. We were going to save it for the second segment, the Canuck game, but I want to I want to talk about it in the first segment today. Let's go back to Friday and break down the news that the Canucks made on the trade market yesterday. First of all, they make a trade with the New York Rangers. We got that graphic there we go. So J. T. Miller, as rumored, goes to the New York Rangers along with Eric Branstrom and prospect defenseman Jackson Dorrington. In return, Vancouver receives Philip Headel, Victor Mancini, a defenseman, and a twenty twenty five protected first round draft pick. Not long after that, the Canucks took that first round draft pick and sent it to the Pittsburgh Penguins for another player that was rumored to be on the trade block. Rumbered to be on his way to Vancouver, and of course he was, because he's Swedish, a penguin and a penguin, and his name's Peterson, so where else would he end up Vancouver? So again the Canucks packaging up that Rangers twenty twenty five first round draft pick, along with Vincent Deharnay, whose time well it just didn't work out in Vancouver didn't live up the expectations. I think the saint can be said, with all due respect, he's got family and friends in the Vancouver area. He's from Langley, Danton Ahinen Melvin Fernstrom also going to Pittsburgh, Vancouver receiving in return Marcus Patterson and Drew O'Connor, both of whom made their conuct debuts yesterday. My initial reaction, I don't know about yours, was very negative and I have to say what trade though both are one, well both I didn't like. I don't like, you know me, I don't like trading away draft picks. Name is horbat right for heroonic right exactly, So there was that. And then to be honest, you know J. T. Miller is, and we're going to talk more about him in the second segment. I think he's one of the all time It was on his way to becoming one of the all time great Canucks. Wartz's side, I'm talking about, you know, point production leadership to a point. He was on his way, and off he goes to the New York Rangers. Now you know he could say no to any trade he right, that's right. He had the no trade clause, so he had to waive that in order to move, so he kind of had the Canucks. I have to say that I didn't know how much of a whole lot about Philip Heel or anybody else the Caducks acquired in that deal. Well Mancini, certainly, But what was your action? Mine was negative. Then we'll get to how my opinion at least changed.
Speaker 5: I told you long time ago they weren't gonna win a Miller trade, and I gave you all the reasons. I don't think they won that trade. But bottom line, one had to go either Miller or Patterson.
Speaker 1: Dawn.
Speaker 5: It wasn't fixable. It had passed the stage of fixing.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 5: It was not fixable. Management tried, the players tried, the agent's tried. You had to do something for the dressing room. You had to do something for the workplace environment. You had to do something, Donny, for the culture.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 5: Very interesting comment from Red Talcket. Some things happened behind the scenes with JT. Everyone's going back to the Nashville game got benched two days later.
Speaker 1: We're gonna deal with that more so SEGM.
Speaker 5: But bottom line one had to go. Bottom line and one went, and it was Miller. You can say what you want. Was it the wrong guy?
Speaker 1: Right guy? One had to go, Okay, let's hit the hoglights from last night, and then I'll get into it. And I don't know how you feel, but I'll get into how my opinion changed based on one game, based on on Sunday. That might be wrong, but it did change my opinion. Derek, We're good rock and Roll, my friend too. The new Canucks Marcus Patterson wearing Jack Michael Harvey's only for twenty nine, Drew O'Connor wearing Steve curry is old number eighteen. Early first Elias Petterson's point shot tipped in by Pugh Souiter fourteenth to the season for the former Red Wring one nothing Canucks EP twenty five first NHL point. Two minutes later, Detroit three on two, Alex Jabrinkett cuts to the middle, shoots and scores as Tyler Myers gets interfered with that goal. Shouldn't count it? Oh one one on Griffiths Way. We go to period number two. Ben Sharratt, with the seeing eye shot from the point, gets through a maze and beats Kevin Lankin and two to one. Wings in the Roadway with the simple yet effective red trim. Third period, Red Winks cough the puck up two. Philip Heatle head up, making moves, whip the pucks past Alex Lyon and look at this. That's the way you celebrate a goal. Rogers are in his rocket his twelfth two two. We're on all overtime, less than a minute left of the extra Stanza Alex to Brinkett is gonna get the puck to Lucas Raymond, Lucas Raymond back to to Brinkett, who looks a bit like jd. Vance. By the way, it's just me he plays hero to brinke Ittt does Wings win. They're six straight three to two over the Codocks Colorado and Vancouver on Tuesday. Okay, now, I was blown away by Philip Heedle And let me just say this, I like, unlike a lot of people, I am telling the truth when I say and maybe this is going too far, and you can criticize me all you want, you Ryan everybody. November fifth, nineteen nine, I was there at the Coliseum when Palvel Burrey made his debut for the Vancouver Canucks. Yep, blew everybody away. And to Ann Rushes, he didn't get a goal, he didn't get an assist on game, didn't didn't end up in a kannunk convictory, wasn't televised, believe it or not, sure, but ended up in a two to two tie. Kind of similar to yesterday. I'm telling you, Philip headel like, when's the last time we saw a Canuck grabbed the puck like he did on a multiple occasions. And I'm not saying he's gonna be the next Palvl Burrey, but he looked fabulous carrying the pips and to end fast moving his feet, which has been the criticism of Elias Petterson for a significant amount of time. Now he looked great. Do you tell me other than quinn us we're talking about forwards. Now, when's the last time he seen a guy make these kind of moves? You know, rushed the puck so confidently, but like I say, with speed, head up, moving his feet, what's the last time we've seen somebody.
Speaker 5: Like It's been a while. And he looked like a number one center last night.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 5: I want to say this about Hetel. I want to say this. People are saying concussion issues, but I want to talk to you. I talked to an agent or sorry, a scout about Hetel. This is what he said, done high ceiling when he's rolling. Potential is there. Needs to be more consistent and stay healthy. But if they get the heatle that is consistent and healthy. Oh boy, he's got two years left on his deal. Good move to get him. And I canna tell you something else. Two years ago, the Canucks said Miller horvat Patterson up the middle. Not many teams had that up the middle. Not as strong up the middle anymore obviously, but boyl boy, he can make a difference if he's healthy.
Speaker 1: He looked like they're number one center last night, and look at it. Look at his ice time. Yeah, over twenty minutes, three shots, five attempts, nine and three on face. Obviously he got the goal. He just looked. He just looked borderline dominant, yes to. And again it's one game, and you talked about consistency, so we'll see. Obviously he was pumped up a lot of adrenaline going on. But I honestly, and I know I'm going too far with the Burret comparison, but I'm just trying. You trying, You tell me, when's the last time you saw somebody carry.
Speaker 5: The puck like that, looking for the Canucks and holding onto the puck instead of just getting it on your stick and getting rid of it, held.
Speaker 1: On, blowing by defenders.
Speaker 5: All the good players hold onto the puck to make a good play. And look at that right there. And by the way, he was averaging fourteen to fifteen minutes a game in New York twenty last night. So guess what he needed a fresh start, he got it. Maybe Vancouver is the place he takes off.
Speaker 1: So behind Trocheck and Zabinajad as far as the center ice position goes in New York, maybe the New York Rangers made a mistake. It certainly looked like it last night. Now I say that, and we're going to talk more about j T. Miller in the second segment. You moved the clock on me, Ryan. This is really you know, it's yeah, very confusing here. I'm I'm a defa, I've got it. It's right here, it's good. But it just moved like a foot higher. It's throwing me on That was me, by the way.
Speaker 5: It was okay because it was on the floor. It was on the floor and I picked it up and I put it over there.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about JT. Miller and his time with the Canucks and you know what may or may have not led to his departure. But we'll deal with the clock issue as well. But I want to run this clip as well. This is Philip Heetel a post game and we're gonna hear from Rick Talckett as well during this cluster of clips, a couple of clips with Philip Hetel. But this is a Philip Heal first of all, and it's going to be followed by TALKTT. I want to folks only to pay attention to what Philipetal has to say in the third clip here, what will be the third of three clips here and his pregame message from Rick Tockett. But first of all, this is Philip hetel On scoring a big goal in his first game with the Canucks. I lost that man.
Speaker 6: That meant a lot to me in that moment that it was so many emotions in my head. And uh, yeah, I always said, I I want to build on that and and keep working hard every day and and be even better than today.
Speaker 7: Really good control the play, wanted the puck off the rush. He could you know, obviously he's a guy that can make some plays off the rush. Obviously a big gold for us.
Speaker 1: So it was a good debut for him.
Speaker 6: From talking for you heading into this game, I just play my game, just enjoy it and and uh it was not much time to get any instructions to how to play a system and everything. I just I just, uh, even when we spoke about something, just still going with muscle memory and with your instincts, what do you have because it was not much time to to actually to understand it. So yeah, it's it's gonna be more time, I think in the next couple of days to speak about that with them. But yeah, he also helped me a lot of that. He said, Yeah, keep playing your game and have fun.
Speaker 1: So just play your game, have fun, don't worry about the system. So a lot of people criticize Rick Toocket's system. It's to it restricts offense. Whatever he told him or didn't tell Philip Heel yesterday, just keep doing that exactly. That was That was That was effective. What I saw from number seventy two really really effective and fun. The building was alive, and a lot of it had to do with him. Let him do his thing offense. Obviously he's got to, you know, bear down defensively. I get all that. I will say this, here's another thing about him. Yep. So okay, system aside, and I guess it's that that may or may not change. But there was a moment in the first period where he had a horrible give away and it ended up in a Detroit chance think Lankin and made a save on it, and moments later he grabbed the puck and did what I was just talking about, grabbed the puck and made an ant to Anne rush that turnover didn't bother him. I love saying that. Usually guys would shrink away, you know, from trying to rush the puck up ice after and making a horrible giveaway like that. Just his confidence level was outstanding yesterday. On top of everything.
Speaker 5: Else, Carnucks had to get a centerment back for Miller, Donny, and they did. And is he a top six center, a regular one? Is he going to be there every single game? We don't know that.
Speaker 1: Well, who who? What do you mean? Okay?
Speaker 5: Well, hold of a second? Who I wat a second? I talked about his inconsistent playing injuries in New York. Why do you think he was made available to Vancouver?
Speaker 1: If he was really consistenty wanted JT. Miller?
Speaker 5: Maybe if he was super duper, Well, he's younger than j T. Miller, He's only twenty five, twenty six. You don't cough up a guy like that. There were issues.
Speaker 1: So you think the issue is Philip Hetel being a top two So.
Speaker 5: I'd never said that. Maybe the other guy said he's they're gonna have to work with him on his consistency.
Speaker 1: Why was he available? He was not consistent in New York? Done?
Speaker 5: And you know what, let's do this. Let's see him for ten fifteen games and let's hope every game is the one like that he played last night.
Speaker 1: Do you think he looked better than Ilias Petterson last night I think did I think that? Yeah, well he did in one game. He definitely did. He did, he did, he did. And Peterson, I'm mostly because he moved his feet. He moved his feet, you know, he moved his feet absolutely. As for the other players, Marcus Patterson, I love the way he pinched very confidently. And Drew O'Connor, let me just say this with heatel and we haven't seen Mancini yet. They looked bigger and fast fast today.
Speaker 5: The new guys were faster. They brought speed and size.
Speaker 1: O'Connor.
Speaker 5: You saw in the first goal four check and then he stands in front of the net and the screen you saw it. But he also was he didn't get the puck out on one of the Detroit goal as well when him and Peterson were in the corner. But anyways, the DP Petterson man, look, they got three Pedersons on this team. We're gonna have to clarify the defenseman Peterson in the corner. The young guy shipped it up to him and he couldn't get it out.
Speaker 1: So anyways, and and and again, uh, you know, somebody in this studio ahead of the curve EPD now fits you can't go DPDPD like that. There's too many Pettersons, elliots. We know that we can't go DPD because you've got Marcus Patterson.
Speaker 5: Okay, but every time we mentioned Peterson, now we have to clarify which one we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Don It's okay. How about there's people out there doing jobs a lot tougher than ours. Yeah, well, anyways, well we'll get through it South and you guys look good. And the Petterson mentioned you mentioned defenseman twenty five minutes less.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the season high and they're gonna try and resign him, Donnie, you keep keeping on them.
Speaker 1: That's something we didn't mention about. The Peterson and O'Connor being your way to the UFL. Hey status, let me get this in quickly. I talked to Petterson's agent, Marcus Marcus Patterson's agent. Is this na Peterson too?
Speaker 5: Marcus Patterson's agent, Peter Wallant. Peter Wallant. They both sides. You know this is going to be a long term deal. I expect something to get done, and I expect something to get done soon. Let's see if it happens. But I think both sides want to get it done.
Speaker 1: What if it doesn't happen? What I look like an idiot for the one million time DTMZ. Well we see we can do about that the rest of the show, DTMZ is it just me? Coming up in the eleven o'clock hour, Elliot, what a show we have? Oh heavyweights on the show. Elliott Friedman joining us just after eleven o'clock to talk about what the Canucks have been up to since Friday, among other things. Big Rye on the Twitter guy coming up later this hour. JP Berry, who is Philip Hedel's agent, also helps out with the Quinn Hughes and Elias Petterson and Tyler Myers. He's going to join us at the bottom of the hour. Up next, we're going to focus more on JT. Miller and why he left and his time with the Canucks. We'll do that next. Hope you had a great weekends snow and ice crazy driving out there. Be safe, folks, as our friend bub Or Jonavich used to be safe. He's going to join us later in the week, by the way from Super Bowl. Uh yeah, JT. Miller conversation next again, Thanks so much for tuning in, folks. Donnie and Dolly The Team.
Speaker 4: Jack, Donnie and Dolly the Team is supported by Ableauctions dot ca.
Speaker 3: Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca. That's sales at a b LA dot ca. Waddling Dog Pole question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Dog, where you can enjoy twenty camps twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Wattling Dog today, Rick right, get her up The Wattling Dog pop pole question.
Speaker 5: Has your opinion of Friday's trades by the Canucks change for the better after a last night's game? Fifty six percent say yes, forty four percent say no. One thousand votes already. You know how teams wait ten twenty five games at the start of the year before Oh what do we do. You know, what do we look like? I do the same with trades. I want to wait, Donnie. I'm not going to say the Canucks won the Miller trade because Heat had a great game last night. I'm gonna wait ten games. Then we'll see how Miller's doing in New York. By the way, he's off to a great start, and then we'll see how the Conducks. So you're being wishy was I'm not.
Speaker 1: Being wishy wash you. Why should I be wishy? Watched you when I'm not with I don't know why should you be? I'm not you know, I'm not. I want to wait ten games. Why not just say your opinion hasn't changed.
Speaker 5: Well, it hasn't changed, then fine, I'm gonna wait ten days games.
Speaker 1: Then we'll see who won. I was just very, very very impressed. I was too.
Speaker 5: He and the Petterson defenseman canuckscott now two good pairs.
Speaker 1: Sure, but he wasn't involved in the trades on Friday. Yes, he was already part of the the Connucks organis.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about Marcus who came over from Pittsburgh. Okay, yeah, yeah, sorry, twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Already already problems.
Speaker 5: Too many Pettersons. For US broadcasting people, it's.
Speaker 1: It's hard to and batch what they have to deal with. PD one two three, give them all the number. Uh, this is Delaney's okay, Taron Langley inbox, Alan and Cloverdale. I always suspected that Don Taylor smoked wheat after hearing the Philip Headel comparisons to Pavelo Burrey. I now have confirmation. So I again I'll ask the question and nobody thanks for that. I appreciate it. Alan, I just want some somebody to tell me out there, when's the last time we saw Forward carry the puck like that's certainly in a debut. Burray wasn't traded for he was drafted, but there was a lot of anticipation there. He came through and I thought he came through last night.
Speaker 5: He's got a little Peter Nedved in him, maybe if you believe it or not. But I saw this, so I just the way he carries the puck. Ned carried the puck the same way.
Speaker 1: That's just my never Nedvid going in to end like that or close to ant.
Speaker 5: He wasn't a crappy player like I mean, Donnie had a long career. I mean he was a pretty good player for a long time high draft pick.
Speaker 1: But anyway, second overall, yeah, they could have had Yogur That was right here in Vancouver. And you know how I feel about about people who criticized that draft pick. It was in Vancouver. Oh and you know Yager was available right right there when they when they did they drafted vat right there. But there was some thought that you wouldn't be able to get I think the Iron Curtain was still around back then and it was still going to be an issue. And the rest is history. One of the great players of all time. Okay, So we wanted to deal with j. T. Miller now in this segment and his time as a Vancouver Canuck as he moves on to the New York Rangers, and boy, what a start for him. They go one and one on the weekend, they lose in Boston, then come back and beat Vegas yesterday and he gets himself two goals in in Boston and then a couple of assists and a big hit against the Vegas gold and I were taking Golden Knights, were taking a look at the well the first goal he got in Boston on Saturday, I wondered what the Vancouver viewership. But the ratings were like in Vancouver for this game, they must have been extremely high. Absolutely, Okay, myself and my boys, we both made sure we watched the whole thing and he came through. They lost, But nothing wrong with what the way j T. Miller played wearing the number eight. By the way Steve Vickers old number eight.
Speaker 5: You know, Donnie didn't have to be this way. He could have stayed.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It was bittersweet. His agent told me when he got traded and he got the news. Don he was a great Canuck. I don't care what anybody says. You could be pro Miller or pro Patterson. This guy came to Vancouver. Don established himself as a top player point per game. He fought, he had the physicality, he had the strength, he was a power forward. He had over one hundred points. There's a million good things about him. Everything just went wrong this year. Everything that could go wrong for JT went wrong this year and he ended up getting traded. But do not take away from the fact that J. T. Miller was a great Canuck. Nobody expected him to do what he did when they when he got traded here, oh my god, what are the Knucks doing. What are Knucks doing? Oh yeah, everybody was ripping the trade. Oh my god, they just gave up what for?
Speaker 8: J T.
Speaker 1: Miller ended up being a great Canuck. He's called Jim Benning deal.
Speaker 5: It was a Jim Benning deal, and Jim Benning should be given credit for that deal. He had the foresight and he was a great Canuck heart and soul guy. It didn't have to be this way. It just wasn't fixable. Everybody tried. Everybody tried to fix it. They had just gone past the point of no return.
Speaker 1: Five and a half years with the Vancouver Canucks, and I think a lot of people were surprised with a couple of stats. Eleventh all time in Canuck points that happened pretty quickly. Also second all time in points per game, behind the aforementioned Pavel Bret. J T. Miller was and again I'm you know, I'm going way too far with a lot of things to you know, comparing Heatl to bra. But I think he was on his way to at the very least the ring of honor, maybe getting his number nine retired.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I would think about that in the future. He gave it all he had he wore. He wore his heart and his sleep. Sometimes he cared too much. You know, when Michael Ferlan came to Vancouver, somebody close to him said, his bleep meter is very high. You know what I'm talking about. But anyway, the same thing with JT.
Speaker 1: He cares.
Speaker 5: Sometimes when you push your passion and enthusiasm, and sometimes in a negative way, it's bad things happen. The guy cared every time he put on that Kinnuk uniform.
Speaker 1: He cared.
Speaker 5: You know what, You'll never ever you can rip Miller till you're blue in the face, But he cared every time he put that Kinnuk uniform on.
Speaker 1: But then there's the question of, like you just said, sometimes you take things too far. Was he actually a good teammate? And you know there was the body language issues, there was whatever was going on behind the scenes. I want to run the second clip, the Patrick Elvine clip, Derek, if you don't mind, not the first one where Patrick talks about this deal being two months in the making. And you know, when you heard Patrick Alvin's we can't interview with the media, it became pretty clear that Petterson was never moving. The first guy moving was the only guy moving was j T. Miller. We'll still see what happens. But the eleas Patterson, but the focus was on J. T. Miller. But the clip that I want to run here is clip two of Alvin Derek if you don't mind, but hinting that there were issues with multiple players, multiple members of the organization, and not just to Elias Patterson.
Speaker 9: You have twenty three men roster, and I've been on teams where there is different personalities.
Speaker 1: Just face it. I mean J T.
Speaker 9: Miller is I mean, the reason why he's good in the league is that he's super competitive and he's walking the fine line at times. And I also think that he's been dealing with a lot of other things. And I wouldn't just say it's about two players, it's about twenty three men that you're not dressing room. You hold each other accountable, and we're not running a country club here. We're running a professional hockey team and the players demanding a lot from themselves and each other. So it's going to be a competitive environment.
Speaker 1: He talked about twenty three players. I just thought listening to that clip that you know, maybe and again respect by the way, the book is going to be fabulous whenever it it all comes out years from now, or all sorts of intrigue anyway, depending on who writes it. But I just got the feeling that it went beyond Eleas Patterson. Rick, do you know anything more? Okay? Well?
Speaker 5: Rick Talkott also said there was an interesting quote from Taket done. Something's happened beyond the scenes with GT. Everybody's going back to the night the Nashville Sunday night, nove seventeenth. Yeah, he got benched and then two days later he took the leave. All I'm gonna say is this, there's a million rumors about that night, and you know what, I'm not going to hold any of the rumors in high regard until JT himself comes out and says this is what happened. I've heard that, I've heard everything. I've heard a million rumors what happened that night or what possibly could have caused his leave of absence. But until you nailed it, until JT writes his book and says, this is what happened, why somebody leave? I'm not I can't sit here. And there was another vicious rumor on the weekend about you know, JT and what happened that night. Look, the bottom line is he's not here anymore.
Speaker 1: If you want to die this rumor, can you tell people.
Speaker 5: Just that he had a confrontation with a coach? You know, Did he have a confrontation.
Speaker 1: With a coach verbal or physical? That one?
Speaker 5: I don't know, just a confrontation I've heard, you know. So I don't know until JT comes out and says what happened. I can't sit there.
Speaker 1: And go there.
Speaker 5: But clearly done for him to take a leave after it was only two days after the Nashville game, So clearly something happened there. But I don't have I can't put the put it on like I can't kneel it.
Speaker 1: What happened? Only JT knows. There's there's there's something there. And Patrick Alvin, we'll we'll go to break on his first clip, by the way, Derek, but on Patrick Elvin's first clip, if you don't mind, But Patrick Elvin talked about JT's health, whether that's physical health or mental health, his family. He also used the words safe a lot, like a safe environment for not just j T Miller, but everybody in the in the organization. There's a lot of intrigue there there's a lot of intrigues, like what does that mean? A safe environment was what was going on. But J. T. Miller I believe was on his way to becoming one of the one of the great Canucks eleventh all time and points second all time in points per game average. Now back to being a New York Ranger, and he's off to a very good start there, as is Philip Hetal and the other acquisitions the Canucks made in Vancouver. Okay, you should we do some business here, Ryan, and then throw to break Able Auctions Thursday. Able will sell twenty mini excavators able to course our title sponsor, a fifty three foot mod space, portable office, a large sempower generator, all kinds of truction vehicles including transit vans and dump trucks, plus a whole lot more. Everything sold to the highest bidder this Thursday, February sixth For information on this vehicle and equipment auction, go to Ableauctions dot CA, A b L E Auctions, dot c A. Okay, JP Berry NHL agent he represents, among others, Philip Heedal. He's going to join us next. But as we go to break Patrick Alvin on on how moving JT. Miller was two months in the making.
Speaker 9: This was a conversation between myself and JT and his agent that started about two months ago. With his health and the environment we had during the time and during the discussions leading up to yesterday, I felt that he probably needed a fresh start and where he was in his life and in his age and with his family, that this was the best option for him and the Vancouver Counts.
Speaker 5: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, lower Mainland's leader in rental property management. From finding a tenant to collecting rent and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Property as a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit birds Nest Properties dot c.
Speaker 1: A Monday and all of our guests today brought to you by them includes JP Berry standing by brought to you by Bysant Motors. To learn more about Bassant, Bysont Motors dot com b A s A NT Motors dot Com. We're joined now by JP Berry from c A A Sports among his clients New Knuck, Philip Heatl, Todder Myers. C A A Sports also represents Eleias Peterson and Quinn Hughes and JP joins us now. Jp, thanks for doing this, sir, you're becoming a regular. How are you very good?
Speaker 10: I haven't spoken for a while, actually, I think it's the first of the new year, so good.
Speaker 3: Good you guys.
Speaker 1: Well this just in. You're gonna join us next week too, I understand, so get ready to get ready for that. Hey, JP, we got a taste yesterday. People are pretty excited in Vancouver. What do you think that can extra getting in your client?
Speaker 10: Philip Heedl, Well, I'm you know, I really like his game, Like we've all our whole group is kind of waiting for him to to really take it to another level. He can skate, he's really smart player, and he's a great teammate. I think he's going to be a good fit. So it was a I think it's a good fit and we're kind of excited to see how it's going to develop.
Speaker 1: He looked like it yesterday. Is he a top six forward?
Speaker 10: I think we always thought so I mean he was pushing like he was pushing for that in New York. I think he was there for long periods of time. He was actually right there on the second line. So I think he definitely can be a top six player in this league. He's he's worked hard to get there.
Speaker 1: JP. Going back to Friday, what was his reaction to the move to Vancouver?
Speaker 10: You know, the nothing gets out of Vancouver, so he heard his name, He heard his name for a while, so I don't think there was any shock.
Speaker 5: Hey, JP, talking about Miller and Peterson right now? If you'd got you know, it was very public, JP, A were you prized it gut public? And what were your thoughts on on all that stuff that took place.
Speaker 10: I think a lot of us had hoped that it would settle down. It has been going on for way too long. It's I can't remember a time when you know there was that much difficulty, but it it look I went on too long, and I'm hoping not to talk about it anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but well you but it was it really bad, JP, Because a lot of people said this lingered from the Travis Green days.
Speaker 1: Why didn't the management fix this? GP?
Speaker 10: I think they tried, and I think, you know, based on history, these things usually have find a way of settling themselves, and in this case, it just it didn't. I guess, you know, I mean, two different personalities. I don't like, I don't know all the blow by blow, but it just seemed like there was tension. And I mean, obviously the GM had to take it, take it into his own hands, but it it did take a long time.
Speaker 1: What about Patterson, He got the new contract.
Speaker 5: The numbers aren't there right now, JP, but he's working hard to get back to you know, the one hundred point player.
Speaker 1: Talk a little bit about his play in the last little while.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean things didn't get off to a good start this year for the reason you talked about and probably some others. So he's just got to get focused and bear down. And I know he wanted to stay and I think this is going to give him a lot of motivation to get back to the level where he wants to be. And I mean, as soon as Quinn's back there, I think you know, we'll see some hopefully some more chemistry on the power play.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Quinn, first of all, JP, all World Player, like, not only are they talking Norris.
Speaker 1: They're talking heart for Quinn.
Speaker 5: Hughes talk about his season and it's just been a season for the Ages.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Quinn just seems to get better and better. I think he you know, it's his intelligence and the way he sees the game. He sees it at a different pace than everyone else, and you combine that with his skills and how comfortable he is on the blue line, kind of being the quarterback of a power play or pressure. He just yeah, it's all about Uh. He's a very cerebral player and he's in he's really hitting new heights. I'm really we're all really excited for him. He's he's it's really great to see.
Speaker 5: Okay, JP, A lot of people in this city worried he's gonna bolt town to go play with his brothers in New Jersey in two years.
Speaker 1: Should people be concerned? JP?
Speaker 10: No, I No, I don't. I think I think people should settle down and it's a long way away and let him play like he's he you know, he loves being in Kanuck. He's he's been given every role and he's happy. So like, let's just get this team going strong and that'll take care of itself.
Speaker 1: JP's he having trouble staying positive this season.
Speaker 10: Quinn, Yeah, I think, I mean, I mean, he's hasn't affected his play, but I think he wants, you know, he wants the team to have results more than himself personally. And you know, if if your room's not right, then it affects everyone, including the leadership. So he you know, he I think this this whole thing, could you know, go to another level here for him and he'll feel more comfortable with the room and we can just move forward. So I look for a really good finish JP.
Speaker 1: We see the large brace on Quinn's hand. We know he missed the game on Sunday after suffering a lower body injury in Dallas. What can you tell us about his health?
Speaker 10: Just bump some bruises. He's working through it. It's nothing, nothing serious. He's just got you know, it's just the rigors of a hard season and he just wants to play, and he plays a lot of minutes and he's you know, he's a target for people. So he's gonna have to play through those things and the odd day will be arrested like he had here, and I think it'll help him. He'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Okay, So one of the stories going around in vancouver's speculation and believe it or not, here in Vancouver once in a while, the media and the fans speculate JP. But with that, with that risk, any chance he takes a pass in the Four Nations.
Speaker 10: No, I don't see that. I think he wants to go and I think he's I think it's just bumped some bruises. It's nothing serious, and he wants to be ready and he wants to play at that level. And you know it's important to him, it's important to the game, and I don't think it's going to affect the team at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, moving on to another subject. This just we will. We found out about it a week or two ago. But life is really good for all National Hockey League agents. Is it going to get better now that the cap is going up?
Speaker 10: We can get rid of this tariff thing that that's about the only cloud that we have in front of us right now, I guess as a country. But you know that does you know that can affect everything because the economy is so important. But the projections look really good, and I think you know the projections we saw, they are projections. It's the first time. We've done it for three years, which is great for planning. And I think they're on the low side because generally projections, you know, they're going to have built in conservative numbers. So if the growth that we're seeing is good, these numbers could be even higher as long as, you know, as long as the economy and our Canadian dollar, which is a big part of that. So but in the long term it looks great. I mean, we have some short term clouds to get through, but the long term this is really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, JP, you took the words out of my mouth, but I'll continue that conversation. Can Canadian teams keep up with the cap increase?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I mean some of the Canadian teams are the strongest teams. I mean there's other teams that it hurts, like, you know, it's not good when the Canadian dollar is low for Winnipeg or you know, some of the other franchises obviously, but no, I mean the growth revenue growth has been good in Canada also, and I just you know, like I said, I hope our economy can can stay with the United States because that's going to help everybody.
Speaker 5: JP Peterson's percentage of the Canucks cap is pretty high. I don't even want to imagine what Quinn Hughes percentage of the cap could be when he resigns with the Canucks. Talk a little bit about that thing where you guys love the fact top players get a big percentage of the cap on certain teams.
Speaker 10: I'm sure you're gonna be talking about it quite a bit for the next Yeah, I mean it's not just him, I mean the you know, the numbers with these projections, the players who are at the top of the league and their contracts are expiring are going to benefit from some extra cap room. But at the same time, you know, teams have to put a whole you know, the dynamics of hockey or such that you can't win with one player, so that balance is you know, we saw that in Colorado they decided that, you know, the number was too high, so we may have we may have just seen that in in Dallas with Luka Doncik. They didn't want to do a SuperMac. So these are these are things that you know, but if the players critical and important, then teams are not going to have to find a way and the players that want to stay will will figure out their number. That's good for them in the team.
Speaker 1: People don't know this, but we had a few technical difficulties getting you on the air today and you were a very patient JP. We can't thank you and often, like I said, we'll get you on soon. Thank you, guys, Okay, thank you JP, JP Berry c A a sports among his client's Philip heto. We didn't talk about Tyler Myers, but CAA also representing Quinn Hughes and Lias Peterson. Number forty.
Speaker 5: Really good insight to Quinn Hughes happiness Vancouver's contracts far away, He's not thinking of bolting to go play with his brothers and his health for nations. Good questions and we got some good information from GP.
Speaker 1: Big Ride the Twitter guy. Next Donnie Dolly the team on Check. Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 5: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight, eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot CA. JUSTA had a Big Ride the Twitter Guy Delaney's okay, Tyron Linley inbox. As you'd expect, it's on fire this morning. After the weekend for the Vancouver Canucks, a couple of games, a couple of big trades, Jay and Chilliwac and early is it just me or as PD the last forward to go and to end in his debut. Someone recently on and it wasn't his debut, which was against Calgary and he put up multiple points in that game, but somebody recently on on Twitter, I believe it was at Rogers Arena, uh, put up a video of Petterson going Elias Petterson EP forty going and to end against Columbus. I don't know if you saw that, Ryan, but it was pretty impressive and something we haven't seen for a long long time. So I'm maybe I stand corrected.
Speaker 8: The Yeah, that video was making the rounds the other day. Well, that play in against Calgary was interesting. Remember he came down the side and ripped that thing home like that was a That was a pretty good burst, especially for a hyped debut.
Speaker 1: That was doing it. And I can't remember PD doing this even then doing it from his own end yesterday coach Yeah, yeah, which I mean again, I I stand to be corrected as always, but I don't remember a lot of forwards doing that recently.
Speaker 8: The other clip going around over the weekend ahead of the Leafs game here on Saturday night is uh, Millard and Peterson connected on a pretty nice play in Roger's Arena two seasons ago against the Leafs. Great, and then they were hugging after.
Speaker 1: And what's gonna happen? You know? But like any so, our relationship may have turned sour, but you you know, earlier on things were just fine. We've all been through relationships like that, hockey or otherwise.
Speaker 8: I said this to you before the show. There was a lot of this weekend poof everyone just made it out to be like man, Miller was just so amazing the percent of his time here in Vancouver. Can't I can't believe this trade happened.
Speaker 5: Come on, so hold hold a second. Are you talking about the Canucks traded a fourth liner? No, but what have we been doing the last few months?
Speaker 1: For seven years? Right?
Speaker 5: Over eight million players don't get seven times eight because they're lousy.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 8: But the way some people were making the trade to be it was like Miller got traded after two bad games Like this is months and months this season of him not looking all that interested to be Vancouver Kannuck. I'm like a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Production down another center this like that as well. I don't know if you did well.
Speaker 8: Okay, do you get from Petterson though that he doesn't want to be a Vancouver Canuck and he hasn't lived up to this contract. But I'm not saying I don't think you've seen that he doesn't want to be a Vancouver Canuck. That's two different things.
Speaker 1: But do you disagree with me that Miller may have been on his way to the Ring of Honor. I think time and points.
Speaker 8: I think we got to see I mean.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna see. No, No, we would have had to.
Speaker 5: Donny saying if he didn't get traded, would he have got in there? Yeah, I mean I would have needed to see. His points per game is only behind pamel Bury, absolutely, But I mean, okay, he went to two round what three, two four playoff wins?
Speaker 1: Marcus Naslin got his number retired, and I disagree with that, and I know you disagree with that. No, I disagreed with him getting up there before Palvil Berray, did I disagree period.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I and I love the West Coast Express. That was my hate one playoff series win, but I mean number retired for I mean again, like no disrespect every time.
Speaker 1: I was the leading scorer in Cannuck's history at the time he went up to the to the raft.
Speaker 8: Sure, but that can't be the only thing because all those records are gonna get broken.
Speaker 1: It was strange because Mike Gillis was his former agent. Also Burreys for a former agent. The problem I had is that you're putting Marcus all due respect, You're a great, great hockey player before Palvvil, Bret Well, okay by this town like nobody. The only exception to that might be Philip Heel on Sunday. Yeah you were, but I'm not. You think I'm out to lunch with that one.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of people bringing up that cheech and Chong stuff and maybe you had yeah much. People bring this up though a lot, Donnie on the weekend. Much like Burray Miller's Eggit in Vancouver is a complicated one and that's what stood in the way of Burry getting his number retired. Don't forget that PR tour. Remember Pavel suddenly popped up in the city. Suddenly he's at Canuck place, Suddenly he's waving to the crowded and done that in forever, Right, there was a pig make amends, right, and then it happened. Right, it's look at Miller. I mean, it's a it's a complicated exit. He's out people, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I know, I know. I said he was on his way. You're allowed to have one off season.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and don't underestimate it might not have been Miller. The Canucks were close with Carolina and Peterson. He could have went the other way, right. I don't think Alvin made it sound like it was.
Speaker 1: It was Miller first and foremost.
Speaker 5: Okay, that is true, but boy, they were close with Carolina. When the Carolina offered that what's his name neckish not just anyways, Uh, that thing was closed. So don't at what point that the Friday when they almost they went to Colorado, but they talked to Vancouver and they were getting their boy.
Speaker 1: And don't kid yourself. Doesn't that interest in Petterson go way back with Carolina? Yeah, till year back? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't know if pet Peterson's out of the woods, like I mean, I'm wondering if I.
Speaker 8: Don't think anybody can sit here today and say one hundred percent of least Petterson's Vancouver are opening night next year.
Speaker 1: Or brought best.
Speaker 8: Well, but but Peterson is for different reason. Petterson's a bigger Yeah.
Speaker 5: But but but Pederson's no trade kicks in July first, right, if they're gonna do it, it's got to be done before that.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you say that, but then Miller waved his no trade claws. That's true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but again though, it got to a point that Miller wanted out right, like, I don't think that that's not happening with Peterson here. He's Look, there was a report from Elliott, right, he's toal management. He wants to stay. I mean, I would tell you at.
Speaker 1: The top of the hour, I would to get out of your segment.
Speaker 8: Big big on the Twitter guys. Brought to you today by Birds Nest Properties, your Vancouver property managers. They take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds and Property as a call today six oh four two six zero ninety nine to fifty five, or visit Burdens Properties dot C. A very quickly, our good pal Moje, he's arrived. He's whooping it up in New Orleans, he said, a police escort down Bourbon Street. I don't know if he's had any jumbalaya yet, people. Word is out on that. He posted his first video though from Radio Row this morning that I want to run right now.
Speaker 1: He's the boach.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 11: We are at Radio Row in New Orleans. Super Bowl fifty nine Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles. The big storyline that got over my shoulder, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Can they win three in a row. We will have full coverage for the entire week here from New Orleans and you can catch it all on the Donni and Dolly YouTube channel.
Speaker 8: First of all, that's a fancy dancy watch that guy's got going here. I mean I want just moch Yeah, there's some bling there, but I just wanted to.
Speaker 1: Cut it for UBC.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just wanted to echo what Moje is saying because they've already they're already starting to record interviews MOJ, Mike Whittingham and Nick from the Lions. Uh so they are going to be ko Yeah, They're going to be uploaded as of this afternoon to the Donnie and Dalli YouTube channel, So hit subscribe and catch all the Moj's content all week long. We're also podcasting his full shows as of tomorrow. Uh yeah, the first one's going to be tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So check the super Bowl.
Speaker 8: Yes, in a roundabout way, yeah, so shout out to MOJ for doing that. We're out of time I was gonna talk. I mean, yeah, the Canucks made a trade. There was an absolute whopper of a trade in the NBA on Saturday night. Maybe we'll have time to do it later on in the show because I mean, rarely, rarely in this day and age with leaks and reports and blah la las, rarely do you get absolutely blindsided by trade.
Speaker 1: Everybody for just having trade of this magnitude period so or not before.
Speaker 8: Of course, the Luca for Anthony Davis trade. Maybe we'll talk about it later on the show because it was something that came down on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: But we get back.
Speaker 8: We continue with the Canucks talk next Hockey Nighted Canada insider Good Paler of the program, Elliott Friedman is next. It's Tony, you know, the team on check.
Speaker 5: House of Golf, the premier destination for indoor golf in the Lower Mainland. Elegantly designed and powered by industry leading track Man technology. The facility is home to six golf simulators, offers hourly bookings to hone your game, entertain friends and family, and host clients in the perfect social setting. Take your next event to another level, whether it's a birthday, staff party or a quiet event. House of Golf is built the host groups of all ages and for any occasion. Cater however you see fit and let us welcome you to the great indoors. Head to Houseagolf dot Ca for more information. That is h a us of Golf dot c A.
Speaker 1: It is Monday, and all of our guests today, including Elliott Friedman standing by brought to you by Bassont Motors for more info and Basson Motors b A S A n T Motors, Baissant Motors that spells rick dot come awesome. Joining us down from Hockey Night in Canada and the thirty two Thoughts podcast. Elliott Friedman, Elliott, thanks for doing this sir, How are you?
Speaker 3: How are you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: Lovely?
Speaker 3: That was a good interview with JP by the way, really good tuned in. Thank you, Thank you here tuned in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our viewership is up. We appreciate that, all right, Philip he and old Marcus Patterson, etcetera. No more J T. Miller Elliott or or the connection improved hockey Club.
Speaker 3: In your opinion, I think the D is is definitely better. I mean, look like everybody knew that the d was was a concern. I think it it hadn't been as good as they'd hoped. And now all of a sudden, you've got Hughes, even though he's banged up. You've got Ronick, You've got Marcus Patterson is your third d is pretty good. And I think Mancini is gonna play. I don't know what their plans are. I don't know how it's all gonna work out, but I think he is going to play for the Canucks and hopefully for a long time. And you know, I think there's a lot of optimism that they're going to be able to get something done with Marcus Patterson and potentially Drew O'Connor. So I think the number one thing I look at is that the defense as a whole looks a lot better today than it did last week. And I think that's a victory for Vancouver, Elliott.
Speaker 1: I thought Philip Heatle looked very, very impressive in his debut with the Canucks. I don't know how much you want it, but what do you think?
Speaker 3: I thought so too. You know what's interesting is like and you're kind of seeing it if you watch Miller at all in the two games on the week, and he looked rejuvenated. But I think that also goes for the players who come from other teams. Right, it had been a tough, tough slog at times with Heatl there in New York. It wasn't that they didn't like him, but I just think that, you know, the fact that he was in and out of the lineup, I think they began to worry could they really depend on him? And you know, he he's had some interesting quotes this year because in the past, we know he's had concussion issues, but he said what happened this year? It's not that simple, although he hasn't provided clarity. But when you watch Cocko in Seattle, he got there and it was just different. It's been a great fit for him and you could see last night he was really energized for a fresh start, a new chance. You know, like I thought, the Canucks looked faster, I really did. I thought they looked quicker. I thought they lived, moved the puck really well. It's only one game. I don't want to draw any huge conclusions from it. But the thing that really out for me was that the guys who got to Vancouver last night, they were really excited to play. And as you guys know, this year, it hasn't been an easy year in Vancouver. The team hasn't always looked very energetic last time. I thought that last night, even though they lost, I thought they looked really energetic.
Speaker 5: Elliott, So two big trades by the connection over the weekend. Are they done now? You know, the trade deadlines not far away. Are they done?
Speaker 1: What do you expect now?
Speaker 3: I think they kind of want to see how this looks Rick. You know, I'm not the only one who reported it, but it sounds like they've dialed they're dialing back things on Petterson. Now at the very least they know what Peterson's market is, but I think they're going to dial it back. I think they want him to just see how this goes, see how he reacts to everything, how things play all over the next little while. To be honest, with Peterson, they haven't until July first to make a decision. Is everybody knows. On July first, that's when the control shifts to him. So whether the Canucks do it now or later, they ultimately have time before they have to decide what path they want to go down here. But I think they really want to see like they've got work to do this week. I think they're gonna I think they're really going to try to get Peterson done. I think they're going to try to get O'Connor done, and we'll see what it all looks like from there. But I wouldn't be surprised if they start, especially the Petterson negotiations, pretty quickly.
Speaker 5: The other one I was going to ask you about is we haven't talked about it is Brock Besser. What's going on there? Alvin said they got no common ground. You and I have been in this business long enough to know that when a GM says there's no common ground, that's his way of saying they're far apark.
Speaker 1: What's going on with Besser?
Speaker 3: You know, I think you know as I have no reason to do anything but take Alvin at his word on this one, and ultimately that leads the choice with the Canucks, like how do they want to seed? Do they want to keep them and give it a run, or do they want to move them and see what happens. And I think right now, it's like they've been focused so much on Miller. I think it took all the oxygen kind of out of the front office of the organization, and now they can start to take a look at what they want to do with Besser A and they find common ground or B do they want to.
Speaker 1: Make a move.
Speaker 3: And it was you who reminded everybody last week that he's got a partial no trade, so he's got thumb control over this. You know, the one thing about Besser is Rick because he's not playing in the Four Nations. Like if you look at a lot of the trades that have happened in the last few weeks, you know, Rantnan, Miller, Grandland, these were all guys who were playing in the four Nations, right, And I think teams, if they had a guy they were thinking of moving who was playing in this tournament, they wanted to do it. Now they don't have to rush with Besser since he's not playing with them, So again I think they let this play out a little bit until they get something they absolutely want. I think the other thing, too, is is that Vancouver. You know, there were rumors on Saturday and Sunday that they were thinking of moving the first round pick they capt to. I've looked into that. I think the Canucks have kind of indicated that since they're not guaranteed to be a playoff team a little they'd like to get there. They have to be really careful with that pick. So I think the Canucks still have time to figure out where they think they are here, how good they are, how this team adapts to the new players before I expect those decisions to be made. Now watch, I'll say that in two minutes presser, I'll get traded, and.
Speaker 1: That look like an idiot.
Speaker 3: But I think they I think they really want to see how this all works.
Speaker 5: Elliott, there was so much noise in Vancouver, like it just it was out of this world. You think it's going to simmer down now, Like, I mean, is it gonna do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it simmers down for a little bit. I mean, you know, I mean, as as Alvin said, Miller didn't specifically ask for a trade, but everybody knew that was the best option, right. It was pretty clear that they had to do it. So now like like there now it dials everything back, like the number one thing you had to do is done, so you have time now to sort everything else out. And I think that's what they'd like to do. I just think they really want to let their team breathe, like they have lots of moving parts here. You mentioned Besser, you know there's there's also lancat in right, who's been a huge factor for your team this year. You've got to sort that out. You've got to see if you're going to be able to sign Peterson O'Connor, and again it sounds like there's some optimism both of those will be able to happen. I just think they want to do some business a bit quietly, and I think they all also want to do They want to see how the A team reacts to these trades, how much like they look good last night even though they lost, And I just think they want to see how it all develops.
Speaker 1: Elliott I don't know how much he can tell us about the happenings of November seventeenth, The Nashville game, Miller getting benched and then the ten game leave of absence after that. But you mentioned, you know, would this team be able to will this team be able to breathe? Now that J. T. Miller is gone? Would it be able to breathe if he stayed and Peterson was the one who got traded.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there's been a lot of rumors about that game, and I've heard different things, like I've heard like, I've heard different things, and the thing is, like, there's some things that I know happened, Like I know there was a conversation between a small group of players in Florida early in the year. I know that when Miller came back from his leave, there was hope things would change for everybody for the better, and that didn't happen. Like one of the things I haven't been able to confirm is exactly like what happened that day. I've heard different versions and nobody said yes, So you know, I'm not going to guess. I don't think that's the right thing to do. I think it became pretty clear to me that, as Alvin said, I think Alvin nailed it on Saturday night when he spoke to the Vancouver Reporters and laterter On. It's that it was just decided between the team and the player and his representatives that it was his time. And I think everybody at the end of the day just figured, you know what, this is the best thing to do, the best way to try to create a sense of normalcy around everyone and do the best thing for everyone. Was that Miller goes and that's that's why we are where we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you said it. I said it, Rick said it. They look good yesterday Quinn Hughes wasn't playing. Yeah, best player. It was on there so people can talk. Yeah, there you go. All right, Elliott a couple of weeks, we'll talk to you. A lot of fun, all right, guys, all right, have a great week.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, take care.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, Elliott, Free and Canada thirty two Thoughts podcast. A lot of people talking about Brock Besser and the Delaney's Okay tire in Langley inbox I I and again he's scheduled to become a UFA when it comes to that line Debrasque, Petterson and Besser, which has been the case the last couple of games. I think best has been the best of the three of them. And I don't think Brock Besser gets Is he the fastest skater, not a chance, but his work along the boards and is his hustle relatively speaking, he's.
Speaker 5: The best best of those three players right now. He's a goalscoring winger. They don't grow on trees. And he's the tenth all time goal scoring the history of the Mancure connection on you after nine years, and he is on the verge of possibly leaving the city because the decision on Besser has got to be made here pretty darn quick.
Speaker 1: Not close. Work to do well. The they keep using toss word about it. They're evaluating him, which.
Speaker 5: Is a weird word just sitting around for a while. Just say you're negotiating with the agent. Well what are you evaluating your talking contract with the agent?
Speaker 1: You either get it done or you don't. Don't. We'll update the poll question and talk about Anthemgate next. Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 4: Donny and Dolly the team is supported by Able Auctions dot ca A Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 5: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email six at able Auctions dot Ca. That's sale at ab l A Auctions dot Ca. Wattling Dog poll question visil one of Victoria's favorite pubs, Waddling Doc, where you can enjoy twenty taps twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Wattling Dog. Today, Ryan got her up the Wadling Dog. Pop pop question.
Speaker 5: Has your opinion of Friday's trades by the Canucks change for the better after last night's game? This one's close, it's down the middle. Fifty seven percent say yes and forty four percent say no. Thirteen hundred votes aready. It's hopping, it's popping, it's not stopping.
Speaker 1: I just assumed when the trades were consummated Friday, that we would do Monday Show, Today's show and just rip into the Canucks. Yeah, because let's be honest here there giving up on the one of the most recently the best players in Kanoshs recent history, in JT. Miller, under really unusual, unfortunate circum stances. And to be honest, not many of us in this market knew a whole lot about the players the Canucks were getting. Some people did, we're not smart enough to know enough about those guys, at least before they got here to Vancouver. I thought Philip heat was just I'll recap what I said in the first segment. I thought he was fabulous. I thought it was a debut worthy of some comparison to November fifth, nineteen ninety one, and what pav I know you laughing at me, but palvil Burray was up to and if you want to roll the highlights, here darre to the highlights. But they the Philip heatl real worthy of comparison to what palvil Burray was up to on that date. And to Anne Rushes, when's the last time we seen a guy a forward on the Canducks when he used does this? But a forward on the Canucks moved like this, moving his feet, head up, causing problems for the opposition, creating chances coast to coast, and then he scores to go.
Speaker 5: I thought it was just and let's give the coaching staff some credit here too. A Garland and worked really well with them. Yeah, you know, because.
Speaker 1: It's about time those two got reunited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got reunited. They used to have a suit of blueger story and look at this.
Speaker 1: Look at this. Oh yeah, you know what. It's not Bury though, but it's uh it's up there. Okay, Well, maybe a bit of an exaggerate And now I'm gonna stick with that. That was as good of a debut by a Ford as I've seen since then, Right what I said, like I've been around for a long time. I was in the building that night November.
Speaker 5: I was listening to the Burrey game on the radio, my walkman Jim Robson, and uh, I felt only Jim can make you feel like felt it through the radio's first game.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was very, very impressive, And maybe it was a lot of it was because my expectations were low for for heatl that for Hetel, for the every and Peterson looked just fine. O'Connor. Those guys are big guys. They're all six two or taller. They're all bigler speed there. It looked good. And look, we take our shots at the Kanucks. You know, it's not all wine and roses like other sports shows in this town, other broadcasting, you know, we usually I thought it was really well done. Hey, the other thing from last night scam that we haven't touched on yet. We are surprised by Carson Sussie being scratched and his place being taken by and I'm going to use it EPD number twenty five and your lucky number program.
Speaker 5: At least Patterson the defenseman. Yeah, Susie, So I'm not surprised. He's been struggling for about a week and a half, Donny, and he got healthy scratched. It's always a surprise when you healthy scratch a three point two million dollar defenseman veteran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Susie's in.
Speaker 5: Trouble here, like because Marcus Patterson, who just came in, just took a spot. Ye're lefty is a lefty on the SEC. So basically now Susie has been relegated to the third pair. Dot that's a lot to pay a third pair defenseman, three point two million dollars. But anyways, that's something the Knucks will sort out. But you know what, he's got to get back in the lineup. Talkeet said last night, he's got to play better. So bottom line, get back in there and do what you do, what you did for the Canucks to sign you in the first place.
Speaker 1: So, but didn't you find it really interesting that it was his place was taken by Elias Petterson right with Hughes out of the line. If you just assumed you'd have you'd want on that left side more of a vet from presence. But he looked good. Yeah, and he got his first NHL point. He looked just f And you know what, it's great. And I with all due respect to Carson SUSI, this is what organizations want. You want push from within, right, competition from within. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: The Caducks know they got something with the young Petterson. Defenseman Tom Wilander is not far away. The Caducks are now starting to draft and develop and push players in the lineup other than Quinn Hughes. Every other defenseman was brought here, do a trade or July first, start developing him and drafting them.
Speaker 1: And they're doing that now. Okay, so Ryan, let's let's do this. If you don't mind, can we run the anthem? The American national anthem from yesterday's game, which was a celebration of black excellence. If we can do that right now, listen for the crowd reaction. Okay, I'm hoping I'm getting her name right, and I apologize to her and anybody else who knows her or related to her. But Agasha Muta Cecia, Yeah, I think I don't think I got it right. But I felt bad for her. I don't know. There's a time and a place for everything, and I get everybody's I get that everybody's upset. There's a young woman in a wheelchair, and I'm sorry. I just don't think it was the right you know, And I understand people are upset in Canada with the US right now. I'm just I think there's a time and a place, and I know this is going to be done for a while, long as these tariffs around. I'm just not so sure that was the right time to do it well.
Speaker 5: And this was made possible because Ottawa did it. The Senators did it well.
Speaker 1: The Raptors game. Yes, the Raptors in Ottawa, they did it. Know, the Raptors in Toronto against the Clippers.
Speaker 5: The Raptors in Ottawa No, No, Ottawa senators did it first, and then the Toronto raptors did it and that's why it came over to Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Understandable, but I think inexcusable. That's the way I felt. And by the way, she did a fabulous job under some really difficult circumstances. And they told her before that, Hey, just so you know this political situation is going on, you're not getting booed. The anthem is getting and I think they told I think she figured it out. It wasn't her.
Speaker 5: H But Donnie, I'm not gonna pretend to talk about this terriff stuff. I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: Well, why would you care? What doesn't Mattop you Ryan Derek south of the border. May you support that America making announcement and you probably won't continue to support of the American economy no matter what. I'm making an announcement right now. I refuse to go to bellis Fair. I refuse to buy American products. I refuse to go I have a buddy over the Alder Girl border. I gotta go see done once in a while. That guy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go see. We have some Budwiser, buy some gas. No we have some Budweisers, but maybe now I'll take Canadian beer over and we'll have some Molson Canadians. But listen, no more Bellis Fair and no more American crap. I'm gonna stay with Canadian stuff, and Ryan worry you when it comes to tell them about cheese.
Speaker 8: God, yeah, I mean I got a lot of clumogs.
Speaker 1: I'm good for a while. Anyway, I'm done. I'm done. Bellis Fair ain't getting a penny out of me anymore. What about every other business down there? No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not going there for shopping until this tariff crap is over. That might be four years, doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. I will say, this whole thing is adding a little zip to the four nations. I think why I think the vible Canada Okay, I get it. Do you think the players care about a tariff? No, but that's a game. But can you imagine the atmosphere that game is in Montreal, by the way, the USA Canada.
Speaker 1: Game as part of the round robin. I think the people in the building will care and they'll be uh, it's for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure, they're playing best on best, and you think they care about tariffs, give me a broke in Rick.
Speaker 1: It's not so much about the players, about the atmosphere. Okay, fine, the atmosphere. You got some business, absolutely, I think you've got you gotta read for Bellis Fair. I'm not going there. I'll get my Hawaiian shirt somewhere on. I want to let me let me just say this to our audience. If you're going down to the Bellis Fair and maybe supporting that American economy in the near future, if you see this guy, my permission to take a shot of it. I'm not going.
Speaker 5: Hey, And when I go to Bellis Fair down, what do you think I see? I see five hundred BCY license plates in the parking lot. I'm not the only guy there, you know. And what about when the Americans come up and go to wister Don and they pump money into the Canadian economy.
Speaker 1: You seem to forget that. But it's okay, because I'm Canadian.
Speaker 5: You will not see me at Bell's Fair until the tariff stuff crap is over all.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 5: Looking for a gift for a sports fan, how about an addition to your man cave pastime sports a place to visit check out the largest election of Sports member Billy autographed items, trading cards and collectible games in Western Canada. Pastime in Langley two in store signings coming up February sixth Ryan, that's this week, Trevor Linden in store. Then on the sixteenth, Jonathan Lacaramaki details on these signings and upcoming signings, events and card drops available at Pastime.
Speaker 1: Sports Dots a laptop. This this works out so well.
Speaker 8: This card, well, first of all, we get the Linden sign rookie card, but the card over the day I chose is Pavel Burret because a lot of people were bringing out Burret and the statistic statistical closeness between him and him and JT.
Speaker 1: Miller like Canucks aren't.
Speaker 8: We did a graphic. It's kind of.
Speaker 1: Spooky second all time Miller behind Palvelo points points yeah.
Speaker 8: And well in almost games played. I think it's like almost dead onto all that stuff. But then also the other element to it is Taylor believes that Philip Cheto is uh by far the closest resemblance to Papa Bray the Vancouver Canucks have ever had after one game, so it works.
Speaker 1: On that level saying there is similarity.
Speaker 12: He's the reaction by you Tomorrow night, Ryan, So tomorrow night at the Canucks Colorado Heatle, you know, minus three six minutes Ice Taylor's gonna come in here on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: This is a disaster. Through is gonna go completely the other. You're failing to admit you're wrong about telebook cheese. It's just flip flopping left and right.
Speaker 5: With Burray, there was anticipation in the market. It was like, oh my god, he's coming, one two, He's gonna play, and the whole city was in No.
Speaker 8: I don't think the I.
Speaker 1: Don't think the whole city was excited about nothing. Couldn't even name that came last night. I can't tell you what to do a better job of pronouncing his name than Ryan did. What did you say?
Speaker 8: Is it Cheatah? I've heard some people say cheetle, it's heat all, it's heat all. We need a what's his nationality check yet check? We need a we need a we need a well researched on this, We need a pronunciation from that part of the world's I'm about taking it from you.
Speaker 1: Whatever you say. If his second game doesn't go well, the comparisons and the knives from you will be out you know how much does he make, You'll be calling him four point whatever it is, it is four point comparison. The comparison still holds true. It's about the debut. His debut was quite similar.
Speaker 8: You're glossing over that Pederson debut jokes aside. Seriously, I know how it's gone now. That night was a big night. That gonticipation like there was right.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of I'm looking at our Delaney's okay Tarring Langley inbox and a lot of people have forgotten about that debt.
Speaker 8: No doubt.
Speaker 5: I sleep over heel. I slept damn well on Saturday night. I didn't think, oh my god, I can't wait for heatle with a game.
Speaker 1: You're going. You're going the next day to hang out with your buddy and at Budweisers across the border.
Speaker 8: By the way, a lot of people are saying, that's a very sketchy situation.
Speaker 5: Whatever this buddy I meet, I got it now and then I got a buddy over the Aldig border.
Speaker 1: This sounds real sketch. So I can't have whatnny guys do. What are you talking about? He owns a farm. I gold there.
Speaker 5: We have some ears on the farm. Second, hold in a second? Is there a bar involved so I can't have a buddy? And over the Aldergro border. This is there a long.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with it, trouble just stop. Yeah, let's take a break. Okay, We're all good. Yeah TMG next Donnie Dollar the team on check. January the month of you goals, new diets and oh no, those Christmas bills. But don't worry. Surrey Mitsubishi has to cure for your holiday hangover right now.
Speaker 5: Get into any new Mitsubishi and make no payments for ninety days and that's not all. Get a free extended warranty and enjoy rates as low as zero point nine to nine percent.
Speaker 1: Driving a car payment that feels like you're financing a yacht negative equity got you sinking faster than your New Year's gym plan. Don't stress. They're the pros at getting you out of a high payment and into a budget friendly ride. Kick off the year with a win.
Speaker 5: Visit them online at Surrey Mitsubishi dot CA or in store at thirteen eight twenty one oh fourth Avenue in Surrey, Surrey Mitsubishi. It's eleven thirty four on a Monday morning. Donnie Dolan chech TV. Now time for GTMZ, brought to you by the world famous Whistler Golf Club. Go see big Al out there A great track.
Speaker 1: Great track DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Design Whistler Golf Club. Purchase any of their ten multi round packs by March first and received two free rounds. Al texted me moments ago telling us that, uh, conditions aren't great at Whistler right now, but they will be sued for more information news to the Dully Wall. For more information or to purchase online, visit whistlergolf dot com. Forward slash rates. You're paying attention. He doesn't get the joke. Don't understand. I did not fly over my hat. I got it. Okay, So we don't have time to talk Kanye. Now, let's say it Grammys, Kanye Oh yeah yea. More importantly, wife rumors you're going to be wearing something similar for tomorrow's show. Do not take that to the bank. We look forward to that. It's February third, we have seven birthdays. The line is set. We got a new art record same as line set at six by high Pi. Henrietta's turntable warehouse and casino it texts Arcana Texas. Love those turntables. They're kind of a trendy thing to do to get to get a turntable. And I know we're running out of time, so I'll stop my turntable talk. Okay, seven birthdays, rock and roll. Here we go. Former conducts forward who's the NHL's all time leader in Penaly minutes? Given first name Dave or David? How do you not get this? This is your team? You talk about the eighties so much. NHL's all time leader in Penley minute, Tiger Williams. Are you kidding me? This sad moment? Okay, yeah, I was thinking of another player, American American defenseman who played eighteen games for the Connection five six. Played college hockey at Maine where Dave Nonas was Steve kre Steve Krea partner defenseman, part of the Black Bears program. He helped Anaheim get to the three Stanley Cup final. Him and him and Nonas buddies and Notas acquired him. Oh version version men, Uh, this is at the high school that my kids go to. My wife teaches at Keith Carney. Yeah, Keith Kearney Keith Carney five ten Canadian Center acquired by the Connection from D two right for Ivan Bouldered. Oh in nineteen eighty three, Mark Kurt Yeah, Mark, Mark Kurt, Mark Curt Yeah, Mark battling als Corgiously. Uh, Tony, and he's been on the show. Yeah, yes, yes, yes, I stumped you with that question.
Speaker 8: I was going through the library in my brain.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's that's scary, scary. Yeah, I got a lot of books in there, but page one. Tillam cheese to Tony. An Emmy Award winning actor, played Pepper Saltsman on Modern Family, which.
Speaker 8: Yah Nathan Lane Yeah right, okay, voice of uh pumba.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, yeah. In Lime King. It's kind of sad that you know that's Derek and ized. Well, it's come on now. Scrambling quarterback out of Georgia. This might be for you, Rick, I think you're of age where you'd get this. One of the first quarterbacks I remember being a scrambler. Played eighteen NFL seasons, including two stints with the Vikings. Also played for the Giants. He warre number ten in the early eighties. Friend yes ran, Yeah, he co hosted. That's incredible. Remember that he was the co host. It was a great show. You don't remember that show. No people remember that show. I don't know if he does. That's incredible. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: He was in the eighties. It was a great show. Ryan, that's my wheelhouse. The eighties best decade.
Speaker 1: Except when it comes to Tiger Williams. Okay, stop bad clues on Tiger, but bad clues Nhow's all time leader penlaments okay, go on, Okay, but you didn't see many scrambling quarterbacks way back when he was one of the first. Was outstanding quarterback out of Purdue, led the Dolphins to victory and Super Bowls seven and eight. The Dolphins have required Dolphins have retired is number twelve that reno Dolphins b G think of a movie with Olivia Newton, John and John Travold. Not the first name greasy, but his name starts with a B. Brian was greasy. He just that's what I said, Bob Greasy, seventy five year old actress. I think you had a crush on her back in the day. She played Jenna Wade in Dallas, Oh also also starred in Flamingo Road and Falcon Crest played Chandler Bing's mother. Okay, quick m F Morgan, fir chump. Wow, that that very impression. He was fabulous, good actor. You know you got to clip that. She was fabulous. That's an Ald timer. Dallas shot Jr. Great great episode, but was the they remember the person. I don't want to give the give it away. Anybody doesn't know that Jr. Was shot? And then they went away for the season, right, Yeah, Friday night, there's a song about it. Yeah, I know we got to move on. Uh, the late Rick James as we get ready for is it just me? The Late Rick James born seventy seven years ago. Saturday, He's gonna play us. So this is such a good tune August eighty one of the album Street Songs. This is Rick James and super Freak on check the kind you don't take home to mother on a BC Monday morning? Is it just me? Next Donny Dollar the team on check. She's don't don't miss a second of Vancouver Giants hockey at the LAC this season.
Speaker 5: Watched the electrifying play of twenty twenty five draft eligible Cameron Schmid as he tears up the ice alongside NHL draft picks Connor Levis, Tyler Thorpe, and Colton Roberts.
Speaker 1: Season tickets are on sale for his low as seventeen dollars a game, or grab a flex pack available in six or twelve game packages for his low as twenty two bucks a game.
Speaker 5: Head the Vancouver Giants dot COM's last season tickets.
Speaker 1: And don't miss out. We're good rhyme?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 12: Rick?
Speaker 1: Lead us off? All right? As you say?
Speaker 5: So many rumors about JT, especially after the Nashville game when he was benched. I take all rumors with a green of salt, but I do believe where there's smoke, there's fire. It was time for JD to go.
Speaker 1: Rick and Richmond.
Speaker 5: Look, we do know Don like he took the leave two days after the Nashville game in which he was benched. There's a million rumors out there, folks, But I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Look's hair sound Come on? Well, what are you talking about? Don?
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna just throw stuff out for the hell of it. You gotta have proof, and you know, you know I if JT wants to announce what happened, he can announce it. But otherwise I'm not gonna throw a million things out there and nine hundred and ninety nine are not true.
Speaker 1: Well, like I say, the book will be a best seller in oh in Connuct Nation in line with that jeez from Surrey.
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: But I hope Cat Jamie friend of the show, director of the Grizzly Truth documentary. She also did the Vancouver Riot documentary as well, does another one about the Miller and Peterson feud. One day.
Speaker 5: Everybody has confirmed it except Peterson and Miller.
Speaker 1: The only problem with that from a documentary point of view, when you talk about Kat doing a documentary on the Riot or about the Grizzly Truth, no shortage of visuals there you have. You wouldn't have that with Peterson versus Miller because some of it, so much of it was behind the scenes. Ryan, before we go any further, we want to give credit to somebody who's come up with a photoshop that we don't. Don't we're not showing it. I just want to say it may be the submission of the year. We were crying laughing, who isn't in the break, But we have to give him credit. We can't showtunately. I think it's Coquitlam. Ron. I think.
Speaker 5: Ron okay, sorry coquitlam Ron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it might as of last night, we might get fired if we show it. But we just want to give him credit because like we have not laughed that hard. Uh is it just me? And this is unsigned as well? Uh, guys, is it just me? Guys? My mother is from Prague And here is the proper pronunciation of heatl. We got it there, Ryan, By any chance, that sounds like it sounds like there's a h there.
Speaker 8: It almost it sounds like cheeto.
Speaker 1: Yeah it does. We're saying, yeah, well, the guys in New York have been saying it for several years. Yeah, but the play by play guys were saying hetl last night. It actually means heatl actually means he caught. So maybe he should have been a goalie or receiver. Well, he plays hockey, So there's that. But little little education for the kids, including us, learn something new every day. No, I'm wondering, what how do we pronounce this? This is you know, those pronunciation guys are never wrong. What do you got? All? Right? Is it just me?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 5: Did brock Besser looked like Danamerson in that two on one last night? Loved the guy, But we can't sign him long term.
Speaker 1: Brock and merit. You know, just when he shot wide.
Speaker 5: You know who liked Dana pat Quinn. You know he held people accountable in front of the net. If you're not a great skater in the NHL, you got to do two or three other things really well. And if he does, Yeah, I know, brock Besser is the tenth all time leading goal scorer in the history of the Canucks. If he's such an awful skater, why is he tenth all time in the Canucks? Because he's got great hockey since and he's got a great shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting to say that because Pat Quinn, most of the chagrin of a lot of Knuck fans, made Danamerson an assistant. Thank you. Brock Beser was wearing an A last night. That's right, he was right, And you mentioned what else he does. I think brock Besser not the greatest skater in the world, with all due respect, but I think his his passings that are redded so same with his battle skills, like he wins battles along the boards and you know, Donny, he's gonna get He was the best player on that line in the last two games.
Speaker 5: He's gonna get paid on his next deal, whether it's in Vancouver July. First for goals and that's he's He's a goal scoring winger, has been his entire.
Speaker 1: Career, Kevin and Qualcomb.
Speaker 11: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: I don't think booing at a Canucks game is cool? Yes, f America at this moment, but remember Quinn, Hughes and Garland and you know multiple out the Canucks are are American. I just didn't think it was the time and place yesterday. Yeah, I agree?
Speaker 11: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or is comparing heatl to Burray like comparing Kabloops to Spain? Mike, Mike on a snow day? That's not that's a you, that's a you.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike on a snow day. I know, I know that that's an excellent submission, by the way, and I'll stand by both comparisons. Kamloops scenery wise, compares to anything in Spain. Have you seen the shots White Cavs. They bit a Ukrainey team mesterday, by the way, in a preseason game. But this is Caloups definitely right. Nobody on Earth that says Catloops is Spain are comparable. And I'm telling you right, now and Aunt Dan Rush Aunt Dan rushes By a forward we haven't seen for a long time, maybe not since November fifth, nineteen ninety one. And Palva Broy in terms of a Connock forward doing that sort of thing. I'll stand by both those.
Speaker 5: Go h Patterson looks miserable and apathetic. He's never shown any emotion his tire time Vancouver. He whins and gripes about every aspect of the franchise. Mitchell and Langley not happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, I you know some sums up the last year. That's for sure. You got paid though? Is it just me? Hey, Dawn unsigned as the door off was the last guy to bring us out of our seats with a rush or a hit. Very true, But what did I say? I'm talking about a forward here? He or cheetlet.
Speaker 5: I'm going to stick with Hetel. I'm going to stick with Hetel. I suggest the following nicknames for the three pds Overpaid PD, Pittsburgh PD and EPD Italian North Fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, overpaid PD? Right?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: From DJT? Is it just me? But we knew nothing about Palva Burray and at the time had never had a superstar. His first shift was unbelievable. The entire game energized the city. It was a two to two tie against the Winnipeg Jets, not televised, no goals, no assists, no points for Pavla Burray, but one a night. And dj T is right about the intrigue, like we really didn't know. There's such a big build up, you know. And then the other thing is the sense of this wasn't there last night, But there was a sense of disbelief in the crowd, Like I think the overwhelming emotion was disbelief, Like there's no way that guy plays with the vanchor for Conducks with Burret, I don't think people could believe it. There's no way he could possibly be a Canuck, all the problems they've had through the years. What a night. And I thought last night was special too, even though they lost without Quinn use though Okay, we're good, all right, we'll take a break. We'll wrap up the show of the poll question next Donny Dolly the team on check. The Wabbling Dog Pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's favorite watering holes, with twenty TVs, twenty local and domestic taps, and over two hundred seats. The Wabbling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antiques style, all furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal, there are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at The Waddling Dog Dog. Paul Rick Ryan op Waddling Dog Pop pull question.
Speaker 5: Has your opinion of Friday's trades by the Canucks change for the better after last night's game? Fifty six percent say yes and forty four percent say no. Fourteen hundred votes. Already, it's hopping. It's popping Cannucks.
Speaker 1: And we haven't talked much about who they're playing tomorrow, but a big test against Colorado, Oh big test. A couple more games San Jose and the Leafs and then and then a break for four nations. You got some pictures. We're gonna go to the Big d not overseas, but the Big d Ryan. Get her up.
Speaker 5: Here we go there, we go, two of our favorites and Bob in Dallas from Victoria. They went on that entire Canucks road trip Saint Louis, Nashville, ended up in Dallas. Talk about true blue, well, true green Kannuck fans here look at this.
Speaker 1: How great is that?
Speaker 5: But the sad News Marine has a number nine jersey and they traded in my gosh, so she's a little heartbroken about that.
Speaker 1: So they're there for the Dallas game. Yes, after the trade. After the trade, she get them on the show, get their thoughts. Absolutely, they are two of our favorite viewers. We love them. Okay, any other photos? That's it? Okay?
Speaker 11: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: I want to continue with those of you going yeah right here?
Speaker 5: Too much Pittsburgh, Too much Pittsburgh. We've got Pittsburgh players, coaches, management. We're now called the Pittsburgh Penguins. You know, I do have to ask sometimes, Donny do Kanucks management. No, there's thirty other teams in the National Hockey League. Every single time when these guys are stuck, it's a former penguin. A former penguin, like you know, they hired a doctor or a Swede.
Speaker 1: You know you said that. I'm not saying that, but it's what you say to the breaks.
Speaker 5: We get text all the time, more Canadians, please on the on the Canucks roster.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm with that.
Speaker 5: I'm on that train in the ladies olkit tiring. Langley in box.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which is it just me? This is unsigned and this is true. The last time we saw a forward carried out you know, edit this a bit. The last time we saw forward carry the puck like that like Hetel did yesterday was Daniel Sprang in preseason. Remember that goal he got? Oh right, yeah in Absburg at Abmasburg. Yet Sprung scored the Canuck's first goal of the season. This year, I had a great start at Calgary. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And by the way, the Canucks had three July first signings. They're all gone. They arena oh god, yeah, Heinen Sprung. And you know people say, oh, they see their mistakes and get rid of them. How about not making them every year in the first place. On July first time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. Thanks so much for tuning in, folks, Busy, Busy show. Can't thank JP Berry and Elliot Friedman enough. Craig Button is going to join us tomorrow and with Ross Talker super Bowl fifty nine coming up this Sunday, he'll be on the show tomorrow, usually on a Monday, but in this case on a Tuesday. I'll be out of Ryan, Derek Rick, everybody here at Oh Boy and check. I'm done and you're up to date the Wild Sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.