Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We're live on YouTube, Instagram, and the iHeartRadio app and as customery. On Tuesdays, I'm joined in studio by Nick pollio'keane and we find out what the hell is up with him?
Speaker 3: What's it's good to be here again, good to see you, good to be seen. In fact, today was wild because I literally came from an event with Alamo Draft House. As you yeah YouTube at misophm o Kelly, you can see I am sporting the Alamo Draft House logo currently and this is from a few years ago from their Pride campaign. But I actually got to check things out with Alamo today and kind of get a preview of what is coming for their summer season. So it pretty much kicks off because you have to think, this coming weekend is Memorial Day, and that is the unofficial beginning of.
Speaker 4: Summer, right hypothetically.
Speaker 3: Hypothetically Hypothetically, I mean we always look at like those first few barbecues of the season.
Speaker 2: And we're not looking at the calendar, which is going to be June before summer.
Speaker 3: That's exactly no, because I'm like, that's not gonna play out. But so I went to an event literally a few hours ago and then popped in the car and came up here so that I could fill you in on all the details. So it's kind of funny and entertaining. This goes speaks to us from a certain age group. But Alamo Draft House is going to be featuring their food rhombus, not unlike the food pyramid or the food square. What do we have before food pyramid? We had food square? Right, I don't know if somehow don't you remember when we were kids growing up in public school education, you had a food pyramid which had all like you know, the sugar at the top and no, but like for food groups there.
Speaker 4: Not a food square. Are not helping me here but no, no, You're totally fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they are they food Rhombuss with a bunch of different food offerings. And I think we've talked about it here so often. And also Alamo Draft House oftentimes gets tickets for Fridays. So in fact, I actually if you're tuning in right now and seeing on you Tube, I have a pair of tickets to give away from Almo Draft House. Uh oh, so you know how we roll, so we'll do a call solicit just before we go to break and I get that thank.
Speaker 2: You, we giving away more stuff tonight. Right.
Speaker 3: It was like, you know how well if I can bring if I'm not feeding you or giving it to you here in studio, I'm going to bring stuff that I can give to those who are either listening to us on KFI or if you're following along with us on YouTube.
Speaker 4: So too much good stuffy. Oh, I like that.
Speaker 3: That's a nice drop. So they were pretty much featuring all their foody stuff. This will be shown on my fifteen minute footy on social media. Again, I've got so much stuff. The most important one to follow is this week of a Nick because it's the easiest to remember. But all the details are at the Lincoln Bio there so you can be able to try the new things that are coming out. But for the summer they're Rhombus features the Popcorn Group, the Burger Group, the Chicken Group, zero Proof Group, which I am a fan of because I don't drink, so there's a lot of fun creative cocktails. Also, if you want to catch a movie with Alamo, it is a beautiful location in downtown LA at the block and you can park there on site. And the best part is it's three dollars parking with validation from the theater. What otherwise it's forty bucks. So that's this is what I'm saying. So, like all the things point to yes, but the Zero Proof Cocktail, especially if maybe like a Tuesday, you didn't want to you know, booz it up too much, it gives you something fun and festive to enjoy instead. They also are going to start offering and you have a promotion that I have at the Lincoln Bio at Nick pollio'channa this week of a Nick but they have the all day Brunch group and they are offering now through the twenty seventh. If you go to draft house dot com, you can enter for Brunch all Year sweepstakes, which means that you get to go on either I believe it's it's Saturday or Sunday, don't know the day of the weekend, but every weekend you're able to go and get brunch and see a movie if you win the sweep stakes. So it's totally worldworth. At draft house dot com, enter their Brunch All Year sweep stakes and you've gotten now through the twenty seventh that you can enter to win that. But there's a lot of stuff going and I think we've talked about it so many times here going to a theater and I know, like you and I both go to Synopolis over by so far, and so because that's on our side of the.
Speaker 2: World, I got to stop it there because we've been mispronouncing it for all these years. And so I saw a commercial and it's Cinnea.
Speaker 4: Police Senna Police.
Speaker 3: So I was like, and you think we try so hard to get it, so we go on for Sinopolis. No, that's good, but sin No Police is that premium offering. And I think that's the same thing. There's just not the interest in the non premium offerings. And when I say premium offerings, better sound, better picture, better options. Just like this you have in seat dining. Then they bring to you at Alamo Draft House, you order with a server that comes through. You can have cocktails, you can have drinks. There's so much to it. This is the experience now as opposed to the rest of it. You just get on streaming.
Speaker 2: Right, they have a champagne room, they get lap dancers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, No, they do. You're not wrong. It just depends on what the theme is, right, So the funny part is we're gonna figure out what movie that's gonna work with. Speaking of lap dances, though, I did just find out that they have drag Queens with a TV show or not a sheep TV show, a game show on Fridays at Alamo Draft House Game Show. There's a game show that you can attend. So you have been there, and if you have not, and you definitely need to check it out. They have the separate restaurant and bar so that they have available at Alamo Draft House. They have events that happen there. You can rent it out for yourself. You can also rent out of theater there, which is actually kind of a cool thing because you can do that in a lot of places, but like here, you get all the premium offerings. Plus you can rent out the theater and see whatever. Because you know, maybe you're into what's coming up with Memorial Day weekend. There's so many films that are coming out and clearing one from Disney, which I'm very excited about. So Leland and Stitch the live action comes out this day. Yes, you're excited, I'm You're excited for all things I'm just saying I am, and I only say this is because I got to meet Stitch at the Santa Monica Peer. I also got to hang out with Stitch at a signey Fish and No, he was driving around in a pink convertible Ali Barbie was pretty wild. I'm not even kidding you. You can see that on socials again, Nick pouliyo'keeey in this week O with Nick and then I think real mouse Vibes and a couple of other friends were there, Patrick Dougal of social media across the board. You can see all this, but it was incredible. So Sich literally came to this planet, filmed his movie and now he is doing his own media tour in his own little convertible around the south Land where around the States. So it's been fun, it's a it's been a really fun, special, unique experience leading into it. But I know we're coming up against it. So how about we give away the two tickets? How do you want to give away?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 4: I don't know what number?
Speaker 3: Callers, let's student to call on number six, Call number six, calling number six, number six.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, so we've got a pair of tickets to Alamo Draft.
Speaker 3: House House Theater Cinemas's actually in downtown LA. So I've got that for you and we'll take care of that.
Speaker 2: We'll have more with Nick Poulio o'keee in just a moment. Kay if I Am six forty live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from kf I Am six forty.
Speaker 4: What's up for What's.
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 2: Kf I Am six forty. It's Later with Mo Kelly. We're alive on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app. And the folks in Motown, which is now the name for the YouTube chat. I don't know if it's the dating game or or what, but people are like trying to set each other up, trying to ask each other out. I don't know what's going on. It's I didn't think it was that type of party. Just use protection. If not, just name it after me. You were saying, how.
Speaker 4: Do I follow that?
Speaker 3: I think I was saying off air, we cannot speak of now, but Hotown.
Speaker 4: I love that. Yeah, the mon chat room, it makes perfect sense. I got you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So again, thank you to Alamo Draft House. If you missed it. We were giving away two tickets and I will have the winner here sooner than later. But there's so much going on in the Southland, and I did check out last week. I won't delve into it deeply, but went to three days Friday, Saturday Sunday of twelve hours each at Disneyland. So I covered the seventieh anniversary from top to bottom, everything in between, the three resort hotels, Downtown Disney, Disneyland Park and Disney California Venture Park. I saw the brand new world of color happiness. I saw the return of Wondrous Journey. I saw the return of Paint and Night, all the things. You can see that on social media. Nick Polio, o'channi this Week O with Nick, and so much more. But that was incredible, And you have every opportunity right now because the Disneyland Resort is also offering four day tickets at a discounted rate now through the summer season. Also, you can check out the or hotels at a twenty percent discount now through the summer season. So they're actually kind of hooking it up for the holiday or through the summer season. As we're getting ready to wrap up school, now kind of thing so very cool. I'm excited at it, and it was still new for you, given that all that you've done with this, it was still new all the things that I've done. It was incredible to see a handful of cast members who I have known for many years because I worked there from ninety eight through two thousand and three, and.
Speaker 2: They were people still there from your time.
Speaker 3: In fact that for my time there, which would have been twenty for over years. Mon, we can do the math, Yeah, we can do y'all can do the math, hey, chatroom motown do the math. I was there from ninety eight through two thousand and three and is twenty twenty five. But beyond that, so many people have been there for life. And the weirder thing, in a positive way for me, is the handful of people who have not changed roles their entire career forty five, fifty, fifty five, sixty years. There's a handful of employees that are still I think we might have a couple of seventy year employees, but some of them have done the same role for decades. They haven't moved up through management. They just do it because of the love of the product, which is really impressive. So anyway, but let's talk about free ninety nine last call things that are coming up to pang A Community Center is celebrating their fifty years to Panga Days that kicks off this Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 4: Do not forget this weekend is Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean you have to do anything, but it doesn't mean that it's going to be a little bit more unusual when it comes to traffic.
Speaker 4: Let's not forget. I did traffic here for twenty years.
Speaker 3: So plan ahead because most people will be out on Monday because a Memorial Day Monday. Also Yesterdays will be going down in locking you out of flint Ridge and that will be happening Saturday, Sunday and Monday. So those are all things where some of the things like the French toast breakfast is a is the five bucks a fundraise? Right, So I was gonna say there's things that are free for both Tebanga Days or Tebanga Canyon Days and for Yesterdays and locking out of flint Ridge. Some of them are just you know, menial amounts. It's a really good time to get out and the weather's supposed to be good this Week, so just be perfect. Yeah, I was like, it's a great time for that and also a great time for La Fleetweek to come in. So it will be starting Friday and running through Monday. If you're especially on the South Bay side of the world, as Moe and I are, that's where everything goes down. So it's gonna be La Fleet Week happening for you in the South Bay, in the Port of Los Angeles and San Pedro, Lemita, Torrents. Everything down in that general area. Doesn't mean you won't see gentlemen and ladies in uniform elsewhere throughout the Southland, but it'll especially be heavy as they will be in Iowa. The USS Iowa will be having special tours the Battleship Iowa for Fleet Week weekend, and there's so much more, so you can always check out lafleetwek dot com, lafleetweek dot com. And then the last two things are kind of related, but both are celebrating strawberries. So the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival it is their sixty fifth year, which is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 4: They will be doing stuff all weekend long.
Speaker 3: Also Strawberry Festival down in San Diego County on Sunday from eight am until six pm. So not only are we covering, we're pretty much doing everything straight down the coast, coming almost out of Ventura County and straight on through San Diego County. Are you looking at oh so No, It's just been a really good time for you to check things out, especially because if you visit Nick Poulio'chino this weekend with Nick on Instagram, even on YouTube, you can actually see I did a special profile on the events last year and for later with Mo Kelly. So there's an incredible event, an opportunity for you. And then it's low cost for free ninety nine again, En, I love low cost right free ninety nine absolutely, and you always come with the good stuff. I try, I do my very best and I try to give you stuff. Not as much going on this week, although there are a lot of commencements that are underway cal State Long Beach Hated as well as CALSA Fullerton, and they're happening on the most unique days like yesterday, today, tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let me just also throw this in here, Yeah, I am promoting a mar Lars Tournament Keto, which is a Southern California hot keto Invitational.
Speaker 4: Okay, Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's going to be at the Torrent Meeting Hall, which is part of the Torrans Cultural Center. It's going to run from nine thirty am to three pm. You're going to see martial artis from all around the world, but more specifically in Southern California and neighboring states like Arizona. It's gonna be a grand display of competition and also expertise. And there's only five dollars for spectators.
Speaker 4: Okay, but the best part is do we get to see you?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm promoting events, so I don't. Okay, I participate the got me there in uniform and directing folks and telling people what to do.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: But you can go to Southern California hop Ketoinvitational dot com or you can purchase tickets on site just five dollars as a spectator. If you happen to be a hot keto stylist, not anything else but a hot keto stylist, it's not too late for you to sign up and be part of the tournament. You can go to Southern California hop Keto excuse me, see yeah, Southern California Hot Keto Invitational dot com Okay.
Speaker 3: I think that's worth a trip over there on Saturday, honestly because it's five bucks, it's low cost. It's in the South Bay, so if you want to grab a little fleet week you can do that too.
Speaker 4: It's all there. But no, and possibly maybe in you know, seeing mo Kelly in the wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be out there, but you know, I'm like administrating stuff.
Speaker 3: I understand that. But I if we're talking back to Motown, yeah, and I'm also the MC is like how did I get that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you're going to have a great time. So there's so much going on. Always check out social media of course, later in mo Kelly, but Nick pollio'chinny and this weekend with Nick, I've got all the stuff going on and so much more. Got stuff coming up here in the very in near future with a Center Theater group which is at the Amansen and a couple of other venues in down twen, La and also Hamlets coming up. And I've got a couple of other things that'll be coming up and hopefully some more giveaways as the summer continues on.
Speaker 2: You're busy, man, was busy. It's later with mo Kelly
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from k f I a M six forty