Speaker 1: It's nice ongoing Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, al and last hour, I've done three. I've got one more and this will make my twelfth hour of night sides covering Wednesday, last night, and tonight. And I've known this gentleman for a couple of decades and he knows his music, he knows his stuff, and periodically I pull him on the radio and make him give me information that you, the audience, will approach with a smile. And maybe a month or two ago, somebody asked me what was the top two movie soundtrack albums? And I guessed, I didn't know. I made good guesses. But why guess when I've got Cleo on my speed dial? So Cleo, let's yes soundtrack albums.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on again. It's I love being on with you. I just want to do it. I just want to do can I just said a couple of things before we start. A friend of me and a couple of friends went to this establishment in Worcester called Live Action Escape and it's it's in Worcester, is on Main Street, and we first went out to eat and then we went to this it's called Live Action Escape and we went there and we went to one of the rooms, went to the room called the Out of These, which is phenomenal. I had so much fun doing this. Now I'm in my sixties and imagine me trying to figure out trying to get escape from the room, and me and my buddies are trying to figure it out. We're like sitting there like.
Speaker 2: Is this one of the rooms? Do you have sixty minutes to accomplish?
Speaker 3: Yes? And you know, but the kicker of it all is they have a splatter room, which I've never heard of before. And while in the splatter room, they have a canvas and they fill balloons up with paint and you throw it at the canvas. I felt like Jackson Pollock the way and my buddy and I we went there. They supplied all the you know, the necessities, like the paint brushes, the aprons, the goggles. It was unbelievable. I had a lot of fun. And they also have another room which I might try to bring my kid to. It's called Something in the Closet, and they all on Friday nights they do fluorescent splatter, where you know, they take balloons and it's all fluorescent rights lights in there and you throw it against it and you can make a painting and it's it's a lot of fun. So if any of you listened listeners ever have a chance to go to the West Area, it's on Main Street in Worcester and it's called Live Action Escape, you will have a phenomenal, phenomenal time. And the second thing I want to bring up, I want to pay some uh we lost a great uh sportsperson who spoke who who dealt with sports. He was an EEI. I don't know if he ever came across Larry Johnson at all. Yeah, he passed away. I'm friends with his son and I actually interviewed him on on my shows. He came in. He didn't have to do it. He came in and I interviewed him on there. He he donated some of his paintings. And if people don't know who Gladdy Johnson is, first of all, he's a very religious man. Yes, him and Mustard. There's a call it there the preacher, right, and they call him the preacher and the preacher and the teacher. And I interviewed him and you know, and you know, talking to him, he was such a down the earth individual and he just he was like an open book. I asked him questions and he answered when he passed his funerals on the twenty fifth, So he passed that Wednesday or Thursday of the week before. I don't know the exact date, my right of November. My daughter told me and I went, oh, man, I called the son because I'm really good friends with his son. And it was just like a hod you know, like I didn't I had to work, I couldn't go to the funeral or anything like that. But he was such a such an inspirational guy. And the one story I could tell when nine to eleven happened, and you know, e E E, I went on, I don't know if I can say that those call letters about. If I can't, I'm sorry. People were calling in for the two days that they were on, and I listened. I never listened to a show for four hours straight. I did, and he was so amazing. People were calling in and talking about their feelings and this the power that the individual had, and as he was going from the religious religious aspect of things and just trying to get people comfort, saying everything's going to be okay. That was a tough time at nine to eleven and yeah, and him on the radio for the like I said, for the eight hours, like he did that. He used to do Saturday and Sunday. It was at one point, and it was such an amazing thing. And I said, I was teaching with his son. And I never put it together because his name is Larry Johnson. And I said, you related to the guy Larry Johnson on the radio. He goes, yeah, that's a and that's how I got to meet him.
Speaker 2: Did you the third member of this show?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Decratics And that's why they called the show the Preacher, the Teacher and then the creature.
Speaker 3: Yes, because this was.
Speaker 2: Called the Monster from the Bullpen.
Speaker 3: The corrector Moonbo corrector Moonbo.
Speaker 2: When he passed away, obviously they only reflected two names in the title.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, you're so correct and Morgan. You know, like I didn't want to be a wi downa but let's get to the fun stuff now.
Speaker 2: One that took us in this direction.
Speaker 3: But I just want to say something because again he was such a great man. And yeah, and he like.
Speaker 2: A great cartoonist and this pages of the Boston Globe usually weekly the Sunday. He would have a great cartoon and one comes to mind, where Channel thirty eight that used to cover Red Sox games had technical difficulties, so he showed a guy trying to work his TV antenna with a wire coat hanger hanging out of a window in an effort to get the best reception he could of the Red Sox on his TV. That comes to mind. That was a great, great illustration, and everybody and their brother knew what he was trying to convey. That they shouldn't have had the rights to telecast talks baseball. But I digress now, and.
Speaker 3: Can piggyback off or something on the on that?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no, because let's get to the show, and I'm about to take a break. So set up what we are going to be doing with movie soundtracks and then I can throw it to a break and when we come back, we'll stick to our subjects. So yes, take it away.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna top movie soundtracks. And I did two types. I did one from Billboard and I did another one that was the top roasting movie soundtracks of all time. And the way I did it, I did twenty to one and twenty five to one for the Billboard. But like I said, it depends on the time. I'll just probably have to go from ten down for the first one, ten down the second one.
Speaker 2: Okay, are there any that are in both?
Speaker 3: I did that. I matched him up, Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: Well. We'll find out the answer to that question after this break if you want to call in and talk movie soundtrack six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight, eight, eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty time here on night Side, Heard only on WBZ News Radio ten thirty eleven fifteen thirty nine degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm Morgan filling in for Dan Coincidentally, Dan, a different Dan is fillian for Rom in the production room, and we're talking about the biggest selling soundtrack albums, an album that comes out like the Beatles are Hard Day's Night. All music that was in that movie is on an album, and that album is somewhere maybe on the top twenty five of album sold. And Frank Frank that I can't believe, I said, Frank, Cleo.
Speaker 3: I know we all hung out together. Yes, Frank is watching down on us right now.
Speaker 2: He is, Yes, he is. He is a good man. Yeah, Cleo has come up with a perilous tell everybody the lists again.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did the way I did. I did the top grossing movies that today I like the movies that the mo that sold a bunch of units from you know, for the movie to rank him as high as they are. And the second says the one that got from Billboard for they with the way they ranked it, the top movies that people loved to listen to, and you know Billboard. You know, I don't know how much Billboard's influence right now for music because they don't The music industry is so different right now. I just don't. I don't get how I don't get the new music for today. I'm an old soul. I like the older music so but the soundtracks. When I was looking through this, it brought me back to like to a time when I was a kid, because like, movie soundtracks don't come out as much as the way they come out as much. They used to come out all the time. Was always that one big soundtrack that came out and you mentioned Hot Days and Night. Hot Day's Night was in the top one hundred. I think it was eighty seven, which I was like, oh my God, that that was really I was really shocked to see that one of the greatest, one of the greatest bands ever that movie soundtrack because they had two on their they had Hot Days Night and Help, Help was Help was even higher than that. But I think for me, I thought I should have been higher. This is my personal opinion. So where do you want me to start? You only start with the top ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, give me the top ten? From ten to five on each list?
Speaker 3: Okay, from ten to five, I can do.
Speaker 2: That build and we'll get to the number one, hopefully by the end of the hour. But from ten to five on each list, go.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna go with the top selling. I'm gonna go ten on. Start off with Tennis old brother were though. And that's so six on the eight million units, okay, and I The only song I know off that album is a Man of Constance Sorrow. I never heard heard that whole album. That's the only song I know from it. But I guess the movie overall, I guess it was a great movie. I never seen the movie. Have you ever seen the movie? No? Okay? So, and number nine that's so nine million was stopgun. Everybody knows top Gun and Kenny Loggins is the king of all soundtracks, like because he has a bunch of soundtracks that he sang on. So but you know, danger Zone was such a great song. That was it still is. And The Lion King is number eight, number seven, No, no, I'm number eight. I'm sorry. Number eight is footloose. I'm sorry, I'm jumping the gun. You okay? Footloose? So nine million and again we're just nothink Kenny, Kenny Loggins, definitely footloose. That's another one. There was a bunch of songs, so it's here for the Boy from Denise Williams as well as what was the other? Well those are only two songs I remember off that album now number seven which sold ten million, The Lion King, the Lion King, which I was just like and I like that that that movie. I love the soundtrack King. Yes, yes, such a great you know, I remember watching it with my daughter and you know, like everybody got sad when we Foster died. I mean I was a little bit choked up, and it was that was you know for a little kid and Disney I never would imagine and maybe you can answer this, but they never really showed death in the movie. But they showed death in that movie, and then they showed death in another movie. I forgot what the other movie was. That they had a death.
Speaker 2: They have showed death in number of times. I remember Bambi's mother. They showed death, old Yeller.
Speaker 3: Oh the death. Oh okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: I could keep going if you want me to.
Speaker 3: No, no, I want to get to number six, and it is Titanic sold eleven million, okay. And I gotta tell you, that's one of my most favorite movies, and that every time I hear that song, I just cringe aste beyond. And this is my personal opinion. Someone probably listening to the show and say, how dare you say that? But you know that's we have opinions. My opinion is I wasn't a big fan of that, but that sold eleven million doing it okay?
Speaker 2: And that's number six.
Speaker 3: Number six, number five. It's dirty dancing. And I actually seen that in the movies with and I just said, why did I why did they bring me to this movie? I didn't understand it? And I saw, well, God, this was back in when it came out. I had an ex girlfriend and she asked me that she she made me take it was like a date night and I'm looking at it. I said, can we see something else? There's other movies to see, and she was loving this movie. I mean we eventually broke up, but it was just.
Speaker 2: It definitely was now what's the other list?
Speaker 3: Now from the other list, let's go on the list. Okay, this is from Billboard and Billboard again. At the time, Billboard was there was to go to for everything. And at number ten for Billboard was High School Musical, which my daughter made me bring it to and that date it came out in two thousand and six, so my daughter at the time was probably at that age, so she was probably eleven, and she really was like she made me take her eyes sat there and the funny thing about it more than you're sitting in the movie because with a bunch of parents and the kids and they're dancing with the song, and I got him, man, I kind of got into it just because my daughter was dancing and singing and having a great time. I think I got more enjoyment watching her and watching her than the movie itself. And number nine is again, Oh Brother, We're Out. The We're Out though again the only song I know from that is man of constant Sorrow. Now this one is kind of surprised you got it still ranked the way it's rand Harry Poppins. I don't remember seeing that.
Speaker 2: Number on this list.
Speaker 3: Correct is number eight, and I was surprised of the there's other older songs on here that I was like this list. I checked it and it was today. This is what Billboard had as a go to reference and Mary Poppens. Let me see a couple of songs it won Academy Award and Spoonful of Sugar and yep, correct and super fracture Capitalists. That's alidocious. I don't.
Speaker 2: Us if you want to say it the right way.
Speaker 3: I looked at it and I just said, oh god, I never seen Mary Poppins and never saw it, you know, never saw it.
Speaker 2: If it comes on TV, I suggest you catch it. It's it's a classic when you think of the year it came out cinematically what it did that the key part already under ceiling, mixture of live action and animation. It is a club. But what numbers next?
Speaker 3: It's number seven? Who my favorite, one of my favorite artists of all time, Purple Rain. It debuted on August fourth, nineteen eighty four, and it was on the highest rank on Billboard hit number one, And for me, that's one of my personal favorite, Like I have a Cleo Top five that I actually like to go to, like when I put like if I'm driving and if I want to put a soundtrack on Purple Rains. When I listened to that from beginning to end, you know, from Dolan Nikki to Purple Rain itself, when Doves Cry and the movie. I always said that movie was like an hour and a half long. Video was a little bit of talking.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you a story, go ahead. I had a connection. The giveaways I get come from all over the place, like right now. My main supplier is the Mass Lottery. They give me stuff to give away and my club show. I had a variety of places giving me things, and one was a distributor for Warner Brothers. And I remember the name of the gentleman who gave me stuff. Carl Fasik was his name, and he was at four forty one Stewart Street, the building with WHDH had had the studios, and he gave me thirty Purple Rain albums to give away. Prince Prince was not commonly known. He was known but not commonly known, and I was given Way Prince albums in my club shows, and I actually had people say, will you got anything else? I said, I think you're gonna like the music on this album. I kept one and listened and it held my attention. But I gave away thirty Purple Rain albums to people who came to my trivia shows. You could have won one.
Speaker 3: I would have won a couple if I was there. I believe me because I knew who Prince was. I followed Prince from seventy nine. Even I still listen to Prince all the time. I think that when you talk about the odistry of a musician, he's probably one of the greatest artists out there, in the top five. And one of my favorite Prince moments was watching him while my Caita gently wheats on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He did the Eric Clapton piece and he went into a whole different level of guitarist and at that point I just said, Prince, it's not a Hendrix, but he's definitely up there.
Speaker 2: Now, what number on the list was Purple Ring?
Speaker 3: That was number seven, So we're at six right now.
Speaker 2: Give me six and five together because of a break knocking on my door. So give me the two of together.
Speaker 3: Number six is Frozen. I had no idea what that is. I think that's a kid's movie and the gaddis of the Galaxy, which I have, and I highly suggest that you're going to pick up a soundtrack. That's the one to pick it up.
Speaker 2: You definitely Frozen.
Speaker 3: I don't know it. Oh, Cleo, I'm sorry, I don't know Frozen.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that when I come back from a break. And okay, the remaining five on each side of the list. Here on night Side time and temperature eleven thirty thirty nine degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking about sound track albums and if you want to add to the conversation six five, four, ten thirty eight, eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. This is Morgan Morgan White Junior, filling in for Dan Ray, who should be back on Monday. The Nightside microphone is his every now and then I get deminded and my guest Cleo Campbell, and yeah, hello, Cleo.
Speaker 3: Tell me people.
Speaker 2: Tell people about the two lists that you're reading. And we'll go five to number two on each list.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have two lists. I have one that's the highest grossing movie soundtracks of all time, and the second list that have is Billboards Top one thousand movies, and what they have for number one, I was totally taken back.
Speaker 2: Well, and we'll save the dead last.
Speaker 3: Okay. So at number five for the top selling thirty dancing, Okay, thirty dancing, and it's eleven million that was sold. And number four, which I have in my collection of CDs, is the first Gum soundtrack and that's sold twelve million copies because you know they have Fortunate Son on it.
Speaker 2: And the album of the sixties, seventies and eighties.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's such a great album. And the movie it trotted I think about five hundred and thirty six of all the movies that were compiled that people thought it was listed, and I was just like, I thought, it was a great movie. I liked the way back to the whole history. It went through the whole history of the sixties and the civil rights movement, and it's just such a great movie. To sit there and you look back, you say, I wonder if I can if that was my life. How would it be, I'd probably be like that a little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would you play wrong the way he did?
Speaker 3: Yes, if I could. I mean, I'm terrible at team. I came with ping at half the time. Number three, Number three, It's Purple Rain again and Purple Range sold thirteen million units and the fifty gave out. We could probably throw it out of there too, So.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: Oh thirty okay, all right? And number two this album was printing money and it had that Sweathog become one of the greatest actors of all time.
Speaker 2: I know the album and.
Speaker 3: Correct yes, and that that sold sixteen million copies. That album was just printing money. And you know, I think that album was the big thing that led to saying disco sucks. And you know, Beigi's in America wasn't too They weren't like too much after in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Because they were instead of staying in rock.
Speaker 3: Well they they a lot of people claimed that they were disco. They just put out an album and and to me like they had great like a lot of great artists on the trevirus, and I think that was cool. In the gang was Eman on that? Uh yes? So I mean I never had the album, but I know the songs, but the Beg's at the time because they you know, they just came off and doing Sag and Pepper and that was that. That movie flopped and then all of a sudden they started picking up steam again with with Saturday Night Fever, and that that album was definitely like that's now I'm we yet to have your collection. Now my second list.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go into because you've got a phone call for three minutes, so let me give Rick and Bell Rick a chance to add or subtract from your list.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, Rick, how you doing? How are you?
Speaker 4: How you moan? I'm thanks giving you guys. Yeah, it was, it was probably less than three minutes. It was an enjoyable listening to you guys. I turned out turned off the radio so I could sit my chance at the walking out of the room. But Saturday Night Fever, obviously, I mean, that's a that's an amazing record. And by the way, the Beg's they came out, you know, they came out of the folk They were kind of folk rock in the sixties, and then they came into to the seventies. But I wouldn't I mean, the Knights on Broadway Night Fever. Night Fever isn't on that? Is it on Saturday Night? I didn't think so. So they were kind of a you probably I don't know if they were a disco I mean, the Knights on Broadway isn't disco, but it's just big horn rock kind of like KC not disco, like funk horn rock, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't know, ye, but but yeah, but that kind of codified them as that was a disco album and then after that they die away. But anyway, but Eddie and the Crew was this great soundtrack.
Speaker 3: That's also I want this song that wasn't in the top it wasn't in the top five hundred a great.
Speaker 4: Album and it was I'm not saying it was or anything, but uh. And there was a fast one fast times that rich one. I had a pretty good soundtrack too, is that.
Speaker 3: That was fantastic soundtrack. And one of my favorite songs on there is from Sammy Haguy and and who's another one? The Sammy Hagan was the one that really stands out to me.
Speaker 4: Which which one was?
Speaker 3: I forgot the name of it, I got behind it. I forgot the name of it. But it was just it was just one of those songs. It was really rock and let's put it that way.
Speaker 4: Was a wonderful songwriter. He's still around. He's a fantastic singer songwriter.
Speaker 3: Let's face it, yep and stand up and shout. From the the movie Oh God, well, Mark Wahlberg plays the lead singer as a rock star. He wrote that song, so that for that particular album and soundtrack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Sammy or Sammy did.
Speaker 3: Sammy hag I wrote the song. Yeah, Sammy is such a great writer. You're right, Okay, clear.
Speaker 4: It's clear right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Vision Quest wass Killer?
Speaker 3: I mean you guy was Journeys soundtrack.
Speaker 4: The Vision Quest had a fall in Love again from Sammy Hagary. You had the style console shout to the album Daughna had some song and it might it might have been crazy for you might have been. But also another great song to Vision Quest was what what the hell? I'm sorry saying that.
Speaker 3: Ain lunatic fringe?
Speaker 4: Is that on Vision Quest?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was a Red Rider.
Speaker 4: Well I know who it is. You know it's Tom Cochran's oll Ben, But but I didn't know that was on Yeah. Well that's another unbelievable song. And I was gonna say the other great one on Vision Quest was only the Young from Journey, which sounds like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to correct Morgan for a second. Morgan, you're an intelligent kay, And you just said a moment ago you got these records from this, this, this, A and R guy, a promo guy from Mourner Brothers, and you're given out you're giving out Proper Rain. But you said you didn't think Prince was was big at the time. Now a chance to craig yourself.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to stick to my gun. It's because No Rain exploded Prince's popularity. Prior to Purple Rain, Prince didn't have anywhere near the popularity that he experienced as that album took off. Yes, true, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: That's true. But he did have a little Red Corvette with Little Red Corvette in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: But no, he was he was known, But the popularity of Prince had not exploded until the first month of Purple Rain. The movie comes out, if it lasts four plus weeks, it's a monster. Most movies come out and they play out within three weeks to four weeks. That movie lasted on the screens for two and a half months. It was a monster.
Speaker 4: So you what you're saying is we're you just saying it at the time you got these records. The movie just came out. Yes, okay, so it was before the explosion happened.
Speaker 2: Was the explosion?
Speaker 3: I saw it?
Speaker 2: Actually it did.
Speaker 4: I was having banana cream pie. I might even stuff in my face at the time.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's from an episode of tune back then. I know the story of Jake Copper and the Banana cream Pie. And on that note, Rick, I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I go be well, be well, guys, all right, what's colin Rick?
Speaker 2: Let me take my break. When we come back, we'll finish off both lists and have roughly about eight minutes to do it. Time and temperature eleven forty five thirty nine degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, clear, we have roughly seven to eight minutes to finish both lists, so let's.
Speaker 3: Do Let's finish off the top growth in one first and then we could finish Shadowing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: This number one film, so eighteen million, and the movie was called The Bodyguide, which was Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner when he did the movie go Ahead.
Speaker 2: He because my producer Dan, he was calling you. You hadn't even been on the air to mention any of these, and he guessed it would be The Bodyguard. Yes, Dan, pat yourself in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, give yourself a big pad in the back. For the top because that movie, which is kind of weird. I thought it was originally written for Steve McQueen and Diana Ross, which is kind of weird. I mean, am I right? That's what I heard you? Okay, So I feel good that I lose something. Okay, So I'll give you the top five from the like, well the top four actually because I mentioned The Guardians of the Galaxy being number five, which is one of my favorite albums to listen to. Number four again Saturday Night Fever and that built you know, obviously, that debuted in the twenty first of January nineteen seventy eight, and it was on Billboard the highest ranking and I think it was on for like like forever, like eight weeks at number one, and it was definitely up there because some of the sounds they have are stand Alive, Jag Talk, and how Deep is Your Love which crossed over to the Black on the Black channels, which you know they were playing it because the Beg's had a soulful sound to them. Excuse me, and Boogie Shoes, Disco Infernal, that's another one that I really I forgot. Disco Infernal was definitely I totally forgot it was on that album. And number three is on The Bodyguard and again that a pied that came out December twelfth, nineteen ninety two, and that was at number one. That was a number one for about It was on Billboards top one hundred on consecutively for like saying let me see about fifty some odd weeks. There was something ridiculous like that. And number two when I say this morning, you'll probably be like, are you kidding me? Doctor Chivago. It came out November sixth, nineteen sixty six. I was just three years old.
Speaker 2: That's okay, I was a bit older, but.
Speaker 3: I don't know anywhere.
Speaker 2: I Love was one of the songs on that album.
Speaker 3: It definitely was. And the film won five Oscars. I can see why. It was like one of the greatest soundtracks ever and best original movie Score. I also have a list for that too, so but I don't know if we'll be able to make that one and number one go ahead. No, so have we hit number one yet, but we're gonna do Chivogo's number two. Number one is. I cringe when I saw this the sound of Music.
Speaker 2: That album owned America, owned America because it had a major run on Broadway. Julie Andrews could she could not do anything wrong. I'm surprised she didn't come up with a cure for cancer. Julian Andrews was so popular. And every song, how do you solve a proper Mike Maria Dough, a deer, a female, Dear you are sixteen, I am seventeen. Every song was a monster. And they didn't release songs off that album, like making forty five and people went to this store and bought the forty five. People went to the store and bought the album. Yeah, and you're proving with that statistic, yes.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it, you know, I look at some of the dates some of these albums came out and the sixties, and they're still relevant today, like in the album sales and people still probably buy these albums like I know, for instance, the Beatles outsell the Rolling Stones overall three to one still because the Beatles are just that good, right and the Stones, I mean for every one album that so on buying from the Roman Stones, the Beatles are selling three. I mean, you know, maybe like the ground of music by Side.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why, very simply. The Beatles were much less offensive across the board, while the Rolling Stones the bad boys of rock and roll. They had baggage, and a lot of people didn't want to deal with the baggage. And if you have ten bucks in your pocket, you can only afford one album. Do you want to buy some Ji and Pepper? Do you want to buy sticky Fingers? Just the nixt fingers and the look of the album cover, You're gonna want to buy Sergeant Pepper's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But Andy Walha is a genius to do that. It warped a lot of albums. If you have the original album that that's a classic, can't get rid of it.
Speaker 2: I understand that. And for those of you who are young and don't know, they had a man in jeans allegedly Mick Jagger that you only saw from basically the waist down and there was a zipper on the jeans on the album A Real Fly, and a lot of people speculated that it represented how Mick Jagger would look in actual time. I'm tippy as best I can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're teething and clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that album sold so well just because of the novelty, the novelty of a real zipper on the album jacket. So now have we done number one on both of your lists?
Speaker 3: Yes, we have. And for music scores, I just want to tell you the top person, and that was John Williams. Star Wars was like, yeah, the for me movie scores. And then Vangelis Chariots of Fire. That's that's in the list of the chop Yeah, such a great such a great song because because that was on the that was that was in the charts for a long time, you know, uh yeah, definitely was. But John Williams, I mean he did everybody like Raders of the Lost doc do e T I think he did et.
Speaker 2: All right, cleil, I gotta go because time is almost step okay.
Speaker 3: Morgan.
Speaker 2: And you have you on again?
Speaker 3: Yeah Morgan again. I want to say thank you for having me on. And you know, as you once said to me, just one time.
Speaker 2: This this must be.
Speaker 3: We're double digits right now. All right, my friend, thanks a lot for having me on, and uh take care all right now?
Speaker 2: How about and Daniel did an excellent job tonight producing, Thank you, speaking and producing sending next three Nancy, good job, give me fist pumped. There you go. And Gray, who tired, he already went to bed. I want to thank everybody who listened putting up with me for any part of four hours, whether it was one, two, three, or all four hours. I thank you.
Speaker 4: And now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be on tomorrow night about ten o'clock. You want to come back and catch me. Good Bye, Boston,